:: CHEETAHS :: Thurs. (ready to LEAP into the weekend)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Hi there, cheetahs!

Wendi :: good workout! I have such trouble with my BC/ME DVD.

Judy :: LOVE the pics of Waldo (he’s a big, strong guy, isn’t he?) and the workout room (gorgeous!)

Wendy :: What turned me off is the selling point that 10 min. a day is all you need. I would not feel worked out at all. I do like a couple of the 10 Min. Solutions vids (like yoga and kickboxing, for example) because you can mix & match the segments for up to 50 min. They can be good as add-ons. But I’d like the k’boxing one more if it were more intense. I reach for it rarely these days. I’d rather hop on the EXT if all I have is 20-30 minutes or do 4DS KB or BC…I will do my best to make the timesaver rotation work – it’s my best option at this point – but the reality is, I’ll have to remain flexible b/c I am down to the wire now. As of April, life will return to normal, so the end is near, and that’s good…I saw some Wiis in Target on Sunday. Have you used that site I recommended?

Christine :: I must confess, the clean eating wagon passed me right by. But a good thought. I’m sure I would be more energized if I were eating better right now.

Kristi :: awww, poor DS. I hope the meds eliminate the problem. Keep us posted…Years ago, I was racing regularly…but I’ve only done 2-3 5Ks since I returned to working out in Jan. 06. I’ve just been focused on being fit again and losing fat and haven’t had much desire to race at all. As I inch closer to my goal weight, that’ll probably change this season, but I don’t think I’ll do as many races as I used to. My running habits are different now…IA with the others that you’ll probably feel renewed excitement once you do that 5K, but overall, I’d say it’s normal to feel what you’re feeling from time to time.

Carole :: I’ll be there until Sunday. Ooh, extra time on the massage table – nice! I really need to make the appointment. Beautiful sunset pic!!

Dallas :: Poor DD. Another cub down. I leave tonight, yes. I do have a Smartphone and check the ‘net during downtime sometimes when I travel.

Jackie :: Yikes! Sorry about the lack of heat!

Shelly :: IA with Christine – you are far from a ranter! My fingers’ll be crossed for the PA property to come through.

Posh :: glad the car issue is on the way to being resolved.

Sunny :: Glad you found your Wii. Yay!! I saw a bunch in Target on Sunday. Did you set it up?

I'll be leaving this evening...no workout...but 3 days of skiing should burn up a ton of calories. They've gotten a foot of snow up there this week...can't wait to hit the white stuff!

Enjoy your day, ladies!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

RE: :: CHEETAHS :: Thurs. (ready to LEAP into the weeke...

Hello cheetahpals:) Work started off mega busy but has since mellowed out:) I came THIS close to calling in sick which I almost never do. After my run yesterday I just felt nauseous and downright cruddy, actually even ended up puking a bit (sorry for that detail!)
Was still feeling queezy and unsteady but decided to go in anyway and make the best of it. I've actually improved thru the nite and am almost feeling back to normal now. I guess it was just something I ate!

Cathy- Have an absolutely fantastic 3 day ski vacay!!! You certainly deserve the break.

Wendy- My BB shipment was via UPS but for some inexplicable reason they turned it over to the Post Office once it reached here and USPS does not deliver to my street. Anyway, they are holding it for me there so in the morning I'll pick it up on my way home from work.
If I feel up to it I'll be giving them a try today. That's great news that you are available on the date of the 18miler in LBI!!!
I'm contemplating doing the Philly marathon in Nov and that would line up perfectly as one of my long training runs.

Thomasina- I haven't had a chance to chat with you for a while. Sounds like you've had a real headache with your new car!! Glad your DH got some action going. That's great that you are settling in and liking your new position!!

SunnyD- Just how many PT jobs do you have superwoman???

Well, duty calls, that's all I have time for now. Hello to everyone who follows and I hope to be able to post again later today (I'm off tonight) If I'm feeling recovered I'll be trying out some of my new TJ workouts.

ShellyC

Good Morning Peeps!;)

Cathy: Well for a beginner, 10 minutes works well but yeah, for us that isn't going to cut it! LOL WOW, you aren't leaving for VT until tonight? What time do you plan to get up there? Where is it that you are skiing btw? A boyfried I had years ago went on a ski weekend to Vermont and brought me back a sweatshirt. I was wondering if it's the same place. Ofcourse, there are probably countless places to ski up there!

Shelly: (((HUGS))) Omg I'm so sorry you were so sick. You really live up to your Cathe screenname in every way though. What a trooper!!!;) The reality of an 18 mile race is starting to sink in make me very nervous. I just keep thinking that I just need to take it on the same way I did my HM in that I will plan to run/walk it and I'll be fine, right? ;) I can always run more if I feel I can handle it. I just hope I can do it before the finish line "closes"! I'd hate to do something like this and not get to the end fast enough to get an official finish time!!!:eek: They give you 3 hrs and 45 mins to finish it I think. Realistically that should be MORE then enough time but it still worries me.

So I'm opting for a Turbo Jam work out this afternoon. Giving up the run for today. I don't feel too bad since I got in the 7 miler on monday. I have to go food shopping today so it'll be easier for me to get that done if I don't have a visit to the gym to deal with as well.

BBIAB!

Good morning cheetahs! I'll have more time to come back and chat later. Today should be a little on the slow side at work.

Last night I got in a 4 mile hilly treadmill run while previewing P90X+ Total Body w/o. Wow is all I can say. It will be a while before I'm at that level, but it is nice to have something to work up to. Anyway, today's workout will be a 8-9 mile long run on the treadmill. I think I will be watching National Treasure while running. It will pass the time more quickly. Since I will be racing Saturday and will be leaving to go stay at my DB's house Friday night I figured I would fit it in tonight.

Is everyone still planning to sign up for the Nike HM when registration is up?

WAVES to all my cheetahs pals! I'll BBL.

Good Morning Ladies!

I never did get back yesterday! Sorry! My workout ended up being SJP Step Only, SB Challenge, RS Challenge, BMax 2 combos and some of the BMax 2 Power circuits. I had a tough time getting my HR up higher than 120 (except on the Power Circuits, of course). It was fun! I love the completed combos. I think I’ll do KBX today. I’m going to lunch with my co workers, but we’re going to Baja Fresh – their Baja Ensalada is only 240 calories with salsa for dressing, so that’s my lunch (along with some unclean tortilla chips – but I need that fat, you know – okay, so I like the chips! They’ll be figured in to my day).

Kristi – I’m glad you posted yesterday! I was thinking about you and about to post asking where you were and how your DS is! I know what you mean about wanting to do certain things and not what your rotation calls for. It’s so tough. I love changing things up – but sometimes I have to change things to what I don’t want to do. :p I say run the first race and I’ll bet that the bug catches you again. I’m signing up for the Nike Half when registration is up. I think Posh will be spearheading the event.

Carole – What a pretty photo of the sunset! Thanks for sharing! Good job at not gaining weight! I think our bodies get used to a certain weight and just want to stay there. That massage sounds wonderful! And the price cannot be beat!

Dallas – Good job at rearranging your workout room to fit more stuff! I’m impressed! No, Kevin doesn’t say Dude a lot, but he’s blonde and wearing sunglasses and looks like he’d be very at home on a surfboard. :p I need the scale – I’m very adept at thinking that my clothes shrunk in the wash. :+ 3 HOURS at the doctor for a diagnosis of pink eye? What a crock.

Jackie – Did the snow stick? How pretty! Oh, I know, I know, I need to get that tire fixed. Funny about your heat not working – ours worked too well yesterday – it was 100 degrees in our office yesterday. I left early as I could not take it. Hope we can split the difference today!

Shelly – Oooh, how exciting about the property! I’ll keep fingers and toes crossed for you! How was your run? I can definitely see why you would resist the kettlebells until after you relocate. And those puppies are expensive! Even the workouts!

Thomasina – Oh, nothing burns me more than arguing with a car mechanic only to have DH step in and get what we want – especially as I know more about cars than my DH! But I am happy that this getting resolved and that they rented a car for you! And most of all – that you and the puppies are safe! YES! NOW is the time to buy with DH out of the country! Yeah, I can check up on Jimmy on the Web Cam. This place also has overnight facilities, and the deluxe rooms have webcams in each room so you can log on and see your puppy. Jimmy will spend his first overnight there in April. I hope he does well!

Wendy – Your race sounds like a nice challenge! You and Shelly will have fun running that one! I’m jealous! (although 18 miles is not for me – I will admit that – I’ll stick to the shorter races). Have fun with Turbo Jam today! I’m still on the fence with those! :p

Judy – I agree about Doggie Day Care sounding funny. What a spoiled dog! He’s closer to normal than not, which is good. We’re working on increasing his stamina again. He and I will take a long hike on Saturday. That should help.

Cathy – Girlfriend, you don’t have time to turn around, let alone try to plan and eat clean. I totally understand that! Oooh, leaving tonight! How fun! I hope you have a fabulous time!

Time for a bit more tea before I workout. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...hope you have an awesome time skiing http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/ski3.gif[/img] you so deserve some time away...:)

Wendy...luckily since I changed allergy meds I will get 180 for $25! Have fun with TJ today.

Dallas...I PM'd you back..:)..How is ds's eye today?

Kristi...the longer massage was really nice. I have a thing about sunset pics...love them...:)..Good job with the hilly 4 miles last night.

Christine...sounds like a nice lunch today. I do agree that our bodies like a certain weight, but I don't very much!! It just seems harder to loose closer to menopause....:(...Enjoy your KB workout today.

Jackie...I love to was the snow come down. Did you get much? My legs did feel better yesterday. With freestyle exercises I can usually do those before a run without any problem. I just had those 2 freestyle workouts to close together before the run I think..God job with P90x S&A.

Shelly...hope the PA property works out. I did enjoy Imax2...love the music. So sorry about the nauseous run yesterday! I hope it was just something you ate.

Posh..I bet your free massage will be great for you! This massage really seemed to get the kinks out...

Judy...my legs felt alot better the day after the massage. I know the feeling after too many chips! I quit making salsa as that seemed to encourage chip eating! I plan on doing 4DS weights for a few weeks and hope my scheduling goes better next week..:)

Today will be GS legs standing (the freestyle way) abs and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Morning!

How's everyone doing? The last two nights have been bad sleeping nights here, so didn't get up again. :( Today's rotation says YogaX, but since I'm steering clear of downward dogs right now...:+ I'll do some fun cardio. :) Hmmm, not sure what yet? I did iTread #18 y-day afternoon. Let's just say I like cardio first thing in the AM. I was in the high end jogger mode and a few times in the runner mode, but I did manage to get in 4 miles. I stretched while watching AI with the kids. They even joined me. :) I have to say I really like that David kid. What a voice!! The girls not so much last night.

Carole ~ Got your e-mail this morning. I wonder what happened? Weird? DD is still home this morning. I felt like I needed a surgical mask in the waiting room y-day. :eek: Came home and took one of the kids immuno raptors. :) Have fun with legs and your run!

Christine ~ I like the completed combos too. That was some workout! Oooo, chips and salsa, chips and hummus, chips and anything is my downfall. :9 I know I wish the docs would just call the drops in, but they won't. :( I made a nice space for an EXT!!! :D I should take a picture since my workout room is all cleaned up. :) I DO think the clothes shrink in the wash. :7 :+

Kristi ~ Good luck in your race this weekend!!

Wendy ~ I feel like I'm always food shopping. At least it's all good stuff. :) Pass the spoon! :p Have fun with Chalene.

Shelly ~ IA your screenname fits you! Hope whatever it was doesn't come back.

Cathy ~ Have fun on the slopes!

Judy ~ Your hummus/broccoli combo sounds divine! :9 Do you have a vegetarian/vegan cookbook? I have a Greek Lent one that I use.

Hi Jackie, Sunny, Linda, Posh, Wendi, Lori, and Lorie!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Shelly - Isn't it nice to know that you will be leaving that stress factory of a job soon? Keeping my fingers crossed for you and DH on the property in PA. I have heat where I'm working today but tomorrow there will be now heat. They had to order a part for the unit. Boss promised to have me a portable heater. If all goes as planned, I should be closing on my house on April 1. They're painting and hanging doors today. Then it will be on to the floors. Sorry you weren't feeling well last night. It's hard working and not feeling well.

Thomasina - Glad DH was able to get your car situation taken care of. Glad you're liking the new position too. We rarely see snow in these parts. A snow day would have been nice. :) Coral Gables sounds like a pretty color for your room. Hope you can get around to it soon.

Sunny - Nothing like having different jobs you can depend on. Enjoy that wii.

Wendy - I was thinking the same thing about the heat. It should be illegal. I just kept my down jacket on all day and it wasn't too bad. I was glad to get home and warm up. An 18 miler, huh? You'll be ready for a marathon after that.

Dallas - How's DD today? This is my second time doing a P90X rotation. I only did 2 months the first time and ended up with the flu because it was so hard on my body. I added too much extra cardio. I'm only doing it for a month this time. You know the Post Office motto: "neither rain or snow nor gloom of night....yada, yada."

Kristi - I have no one close by to run with either. Glad you'll have someone to run the half with. Have a good run.

Cathy - Have a safe and fun trip!

Christine - Your lunch for today sounds yummy. I'm sure a few tortilla chips won't hurt. :) Snow didn't stick but the heat didn't get fixed either. I'm warm today because this office has heat. Is your office cooler?

Carole - Unfortunately, the snow didn't last once the temp rose. It was pretty while it lasted. Are the legs better today? Enjoy GS Legs and your run.

I had restless body syndrome last night and didn't sleep well. Felt a little tired this morning. So, I nixed the run I had scheduled and did 6 Minute Abs, a 20 minute walk and Denise Austin's Yoga Body Burn. It was a decent workout and her talking didn't bother me. Thought she went a little too fast on some of the moves. But for $7, I wasn't disappointed. It has 3 other workouts too.

Enjoy your day ladies.

Jackie

Quick note to say that I did a KBX HLX mish mosh. During the "race" of interval 3 of HLX I tripped over a rug and went down hard! After a stunned moment or two, I was able to get back into the workout, but OUCH! I'll have a nice bruise on the palm on my right hand and the side of my right leg. Oh well - that's nothing new. :p

OMG Christine! I'm glad you are okay! Be careful girl!

Christine! Glad you're ok!

I was debating on doing Amy's Hi/Lo, but decided on CF-All Step premix, but then added about 15 minutes on the spin bike. Doing shorter cardio is hard for me, but I'm trying. I'll try harder now after reading what Jackie wrote. I think when I see the calorie burn it makes me want to go longer. Like to see it in the 400's (at least). ;-)

Jackie ~ Sorry you had trouble sleeping too. :( DD is fine. Thanks for asking. She'll go back tomorrow. Once the drops get going, it clears up pretty quickly. How exciting about your up and coming closing date! That's DD's b-day. :) Were you hungrier doing P90X? That's another good reason to cut the cardio some. ;-)

I better get the salad and some other things made for dinner. It'll be nice getting that done early. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Afternoon Cheetahs Babes!:)

Punch Kick Jam is done. I'm happy. Chalene's energy and mood are contagious. Her work outs are so much fun! The cardio felt good on my sore muscles. I pretty much have mild DOMS from head to toe from y'day's work out! Midsection and glutes are talkin' the most though! Gotta love it! }(

Tomorrow is yoga or x-stretch. I'll do which ever strikes me at the time. ;)

Saturday is weigh/measure/picture day since the first phase of X+ will be done!:eek: I gotta make sure I get it all done early on Saturday cause I have the jewelery party in the afternoon and will be eating nothing but cr@p all afternoon!x( I'll also be having a few drinks though so they may help me to "forget" about the bad food.;)}(

Dallas: I was starving during my original X rotation! LOL I did 3 days of cardio with it so it's not like I did a ton. It's the heavy lifting that creates the bigger appetite for me! I eat like 10,000 times a day anymore! LOL ;)

Off to shower and start getting ready to head to mom's for the weekly visit. No training tonight so I'll actually get to VISIT with my mom this evening. :p

Later babes! :7

Now..someone please tell me why when Christine falls its "oh..hope you o.k" blah...blah BUt when Lori falls on her TM everyone giggles!;) ;) LOL

Christine** Im glad you are o.k to! I just wanted to nag Wendy a little! That was quit the mish mosh workout you did yesterday!

Shelly** I rarely call into work sick either but I really don't think it gets me ahead much! Hope you are feeling better today!

Carole** Enjoy your workout. Im thinking about doing GS legs when I get home. We will see what happens!

Wendy** Good job with the workout and enjoy your visit with mommy dearest!

Cathy** Enjoy those slopes!

Kristi** I usually watch something during my longer runs as well. It really helps to pass the time!

Jackie** Hope you get a better sleep tonight! I've never bought anything from Denise Austin, heard her voice was annoying so I stayed away! LOL Glad you enjoyed it though.

Dallas** For some reason Im not into AI this yr. I use to watch it every yr for a good laugh but now I jsut forget to watch. I even forget to watch the shows I actually watch! hehe'

Wow, its been a slow day in Cheetahville. I have been back and forth all day but my boss was around and I knew I wouldn't get time for a long Cheetah chat!

I got up bright and early before work and did a 8 mile run. I am happy with that b/c it was sooo early! It was a good run to. I have this energy stuff that I down before a early morning workout. I don't know if it actually works or if its all in my head! LOL DH bought it when he started working out (again) last yr, of course it never got drank so I drink it when I feel blah.

Hope everyone as a good evening!

Lori:)

Lori: Sorry but there was something about the way you described your fall that made it funny so I couldn't help but giggle!:p If you would have really gotten hurt I would have felt bad, I swear!:7

Wow, it was quiet in the Cheetah den today...

I wonder if Cathy as arrived in VT safely? Perhaps she will check-in with us at some point via her phone to let us know how much fun she is having so we can all be jealous!}(

Yep, it's quiet here.

Lori ~ It really is how you described the fall...like Wendy said. You know we wouldn't want you to be hurt!

Now I'm trying to get this JBJ picture on here. Let's see...

ETA: Didn't work..try again

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg174/luv2wrkout2/Misc/Bon Jovi concert/IMG_0021.jpg

It worked! Can you believe that could have been my hand?!??! If I didn't have such a faulty bladder! LOL! x(

Now I can go to bed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.