::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 9/21

seeking_guns

Cathlete
GM, cheetahs!

Wendy: I will hunt for some races this weekend when I have a little more time. Glad you had fun with the hill repeats. They can be KILLER! I did see your post about your mom & friend walking w/ the stroller – that’s great! Where is the 5K with your class? Maybe it’s not that far for me?

Barb :: had a chuckle about you throwing yourself out the door! Oh, I SO know the feeling. I didn’t get home until 10 pm last night (back-to-school night), so I have a feeling I’ll be *forcing* myself to work out this afternoon. I’m trying not to let guilt creep in that I’ve had two back-to-back busy weeks and fewer workouts…Yes, I’m looking forward to the new workouts…the new photo on the website has me even more pumped.

Jess :: sorry to hear you’re a little under the weather. Something nasty seems to be going around here. One of our students vomited in class (not mine) yesterday – only the 2nd week of school and they’re dropping like flies. Stay well!! Thank you for the nice words about teachers.

Susan :: Thank you…hope the hammy’s feeling better today. Enjoy your 4-miler.

Karen :: welcome! Assuming your race is Saturday & without knowing much more about your situation (I didn’t see your other posts), I would say run again today and maybe squeeze in another weight workout (depending on what you did previously) and then take Friday as a rest day.

Colleen :: congrats on getting cast! Hope you’re feeling better.

Christine :: I’m excited for you about the job. Hope they make an offer that’s worth your while.

Judy :: I haven’t tried the BC/ME bonus mix yet. Thanks for the tip! Maybe I’ll give that a go this weekend.

Shelly :: I’m glad the strain is on the mend.

Adri :: nice job on the quiz. Glad you like the McGraw tape. I have been neglecting yoga the past couple of weeks. Need to fix that.

Hi to Carole, Katrina, Laurie, Laura, Elaine, Gayle, Thomasina, Mattea, Pamela, Marcia, Dina, and anyone else I’m forgetting.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!
cathy :)

HI Cathy--
Don't feel guilty. It happens this time of year, especially being a teacher, that your routine is forming & reforming -- and you haven't settled in yet. At least you are doing something, even if it's not all you want to do.

Gotta run, but will write more later.
-Barb:) :)

Hey Barb, Cathy, and all other cheetahs!!!
Sorry I couldn't do one more check in last night. After the gym we had company over cuz we're moving. They were ganna take an old table and a few old chairs. Then we all got talking for a while and before ya know it it was 9:15 and I didn't wash my hair or study for my science test now}( O well its done with now;-)

Cathy- Don't worry cheetah. Things will come togather. Barb basically said what I would say(but with more better words:+) Things will come togather. We love yea girl!

Barb- Great to see you again:) Look forward to reading your posts later!

Today for me is biceps, triceps, and abs. No cardio today. Thursday there is no track cuz the bball team uses the gym. I will be back later after school.

Loves you all:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri-Good luck on the test. Try to study in between clases or when there's a dead moment in another class. Every little bit helps...unless Science is first hour, the it's "oh well." Good luck moving. That's a lot of work. Have a good workout with your arms & abs!

-Barb

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy, Both races that I can do with my class are very local to me in Monmouth County. I found a possible race for us this morning and emailed it to you!:) Let me know what you think!

Good Morning to Barb and Adri!:)

Well, I flubbed up my rotation for this week so I am going to "force" myself to do an extra day's cardio today by way of a spin class. }( I will also do lower body work which I did not want to have to pair up with spin but again, I flubbed it all up!x(

Tomorrow will be upper body and abs and then saturday is RACE DAY!!!:D :D :D

I'll be back later for personals!:*

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think that running a race with Wendy would be so fun for both of you...:)

Wendy...thank you for the check for John..:)..Good job on the hill repeats! Your 5K is coming up fast!!! Have fun spinning today.

Barb...I am not sure I have done deadrows with dumbells (except in CTX backwork), Personally I feel that with a barbell you get better range of motion for your hamstrings, or at least more even weight on each leg and less likely to hurt your lower back. I am definitely looking forward to Cathe's new workouts!! Thank you for the very nice words. As you know alot of exercise especially running has some mental input...:)

Susan...going from 20 miles to 30 mile a week running could be a recipe for injury. A genral rule of thumb is not to increase your weekly mileage more than 10 to 15%, which would be going from 20 miles to 22 or 23 miles...be careful! I am following a P90X style rotation and it calls for a recovery week every 4th week...I needed it this week...:)

Karen...Welcome!! Take it easy the rest of the week with maybe Yoga or Pilates. Good luck on the 5K trail race!! Let us know how it goes and I am happy to help like these other cheetahs!!

Colleen...it is always a good idea to change things up in weightlifting, and I alternate Barbells and Dumbell work. I do think though there might be a few exercises that are better with a barbell vs dumbells IMO. Congrats on being cast in the play!!! How fun for you...runnersworld.com also has some good training programs for various distance. 10K's are a good distance...and Yes I have read many times here that Imax workouts helped runners training for 5K and 10K distances! My nephew was in a motorcyle accident in July ans is paralyzed from the waist down. He is only 20.

Christine...don't you just love P90X S&A!! So an offer is coming?...:)

Judy...good run yesterday. I wil have to give that workout a try BC/ME bonus one day..:)

Shelly...yes adductor strain sounds much better..:). I have not heard from tech support yet...not real speedy...I have not used iCycle but I will say iCimbs are fun and tough!!

Adri...you are welcome for the TLT link. Sorry about the wet track yesterday!! Sounds like you got in a good workout at the Gym.

Today I will do a CC on my treadmill and maybe PLB floor work.

Have a great day...:)

Carole--thanks for the weight info. What do you think of barbell vs. dumbell on bench press & underhand barbell or dumbell rows. I meant to write "rows" but put dead row down. I am wondering if the range of motion for the upper body with dumb-bellls is desirable. I tend to prefer a bar bell for these exercise because I feel more stable.

have fun with CC today and floor work. I think the PLB floorwork is hard, but I'm always happy after I do it -- which is the case with most exercise. Getting started is at least half the battle!
-Barb
:) :)

HI Barb...For bench press and rows you would get more range of motion with dumbells. But you could probably go heavier (safely) with a barbell...:)...if you feel more stable with a barbell then do it that way. I just mix things up a bit and use dumbells for variation. PLB floorwork always gets my hamstrings!!

Good Morning Cheetah Ladies!

Holy DOMS Batman! I think I over did it a bit! I ended up doing Kenpo X instead of a bike ride, and between that, my self created ab workout, and P90X Shoulders & Arms, and P90X Legs the day before I am a walking tribute to the affliction! Or, actually,a limping tribute… So, I think I might take a rest day, today – might be a good idea. Of course as I loosen up over the day, I might change my mind and get on my bike.

Cathy - your fitness level won’t suffer with reduced workouts for a few weeks. I know it’s tough, but don’t feel guilty. You’ll get there. Thanks for being exciting about my offer. We’ll see what they come up with.

Waves hello to Barb! I know what you mean about being happy AFTER doing certain workouts! Isn’t it a great thing?

Adri - Good luck on your science test!

Wendy – Glad you enjoyed your hill repeats!! I’ll be thinking of you on Saturday! Go WendyCheetah!!

Carole – let me know how you like the CC! I actually prefer the iTrains, but the CC’s a good for a change. If you do #5 – were you the lion or the gazelle? I have to admit I think of the commercial where the gazelle chases the lion whenever he says that. Enjoy your recovery week! I forget just how tough P90X really is. The recovery weeks are necessary.

Wow Christine!!! DOMS all over!!!! You mean CC does not have a turtle on #5...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/faint.gif[/img]

G'morning Cheetahs!! Another sleep in rest day for me! *yawn* I slept in til 6:40, I'm almost feeling lazy these days!! Speaking of days, THREE more days til my marathon!! (there's your countdown, Christine, it's on Sunday!) I'm getting more excited about it. My running buddies seem to think I'm ready & told me I'm gonna kick some butt so I guess they know something I don't?? ;-)

Relaxing today & watching the new Barbie 12 dancing princesses movie w/ Allison this morning. ;-) That's one way to take it easy & I can stretch & do some pilates while watching. :) She likes to imitate me, it's so cute!

It's back to school night at my dd's school tonight, so we'll be going to that & they're having a book fair too. Gotta pick up some new books, my dds love that!

OK, better get moving because Allison's ready to watch Barbie! She was a tired girl, she slept past 8 this morning which is very unusual! She woke up & said, where are my sisters??? (they were already gone on the bus!)

Have a great day!

GO JESS GO!!! 3 MORE DAYS!!! YEAH!!!! Okay, had to do that... :p But I am excited for you! I think you'll do very well and I'm looking forward to hearing your report!

Carole - no turtles, sorry :+. Shoulders, abs, back and butt all sore. I know I'm insane because it kind of feels good!

Hi Cheetahs!

Jes- You must be the most favorite Mom around. I enjoy reading about you playing with your girls. My kids and I had several years like that.

Christine- DOMS. At least let you know you worked hard!!! I just don't like it when my bum has DOMS and it is hard to sit on the toilet x(

Today was Imax (original) WU and intervals 1-5, stretch, then for variety, I did Timesaver all upper body and core work. Great workout!

Adri- Where are you moving to?

Wendy- Sometimes our rotations just get messed up, but we go with what we can and don't sweat it. It is helpful to come here and post about it, because nobody in the tactile world would understand!

Hi Carole, Shelly, Barb and Cathy :7

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Judy: "It is helpful to come here and post about it, because nobody in the tactile world would understand!" Amen to that, cheetah!! You must be working the glutes hard to have DOMS in the bum -- but (ha, ha, butt) keep on doing it and I bet your hip pain will be a distant memory.

Christine -- Holy Batman! That cracks me up. Have fun with Kenpo. I like that workout. I think it's fun.

Jess: i want to watch the barbie movie, too! countdown until your marathon. You're going to do great!

Carole--thanks for the dumbell-barbell tips. I will try to mix it up using dumbells at a lower weight to start out with because I feel weird twinges in my shoulders/rotators with dumbells, but I am curious about the range of motion benefits.

I did a 5.5 mile tempo run & before the run, walked a mile on the TM and worked legs from BC, doing each exercise 2 x and then some quick abs.

Now off to work for the day.

have a great day Cheetahs!
-Barb
:) :) :)

Quick check in. I'm off to run 3miles for the first time in a week.
I read Cathy's post and she graciously said all I'd like to say as well.
Karen, I'm very new here in Cheetah Land by just a few weeks.These Cheetahs are great motivators.

Carole, My heart broke reading about your nephew Joe. I will pray for him on my run this morning.
With Love, Colleen

Hi girls.

My work out is done for today. I got to the gym early so I decided to work legs there before my class. UGH! Every time I attempt a weight work out using the machines I just get aggravated. I just don't like it! Am I strange? :p :7
Well, I did what I had to in order to feel "the burn" so that it was not a complete waste but that was it. I much prefer using dumbells at home w/Cathe or Jari.:)

On a brighter note, SPIN class was uber-duber tough but fun!}(

I just finished lunch and am now waiting for the Wiggles to end as that will signal Mr. Joe's nap time!;) Once he goes down I am hitting the showers and then relaxing w/a cup of java. :9

Have to hit Costco this afternoon for diapers and other assorted goodies and then I'm gonna come home and start dinner so nap time will my time to goof off! ;)

I'll be back in a bit!:)

Awww, thanks Judy!! I truly feel blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love being at home w/ my girls & try to enjoy it now while they're still small enough to appreciate it!! Barbie was a really cute movie, Allison already wants to watch it again!! But we're going to head outside for a bit now, it's warmed up a little bit.

One of these days I'll get a step & the IMAX's so I can see what they're all about!!

OK, thanks for your sweet posts! I still can't believe I'll be running a marathon in 3 days!! I'm definitely getting myself a shirt that says 26.2 on it!!!

Good morning all! Feeling pretty good this morning. Yesterday I tried my first iTrain- I did a 40 min iCycle ....WOW, I was dripping afterwards! I'm just loving this new iPod! Today will be p90x back and chest and 5 mile run.

Cathy- Good morning, hope your day goes well, you posted such nice personals and then didn't mention your plans for you:) :)

Barb- Hey busy cheetah! Nice job on the tempo run.

Adri- Sorry your track got cancelled! Good luck with science today.

Wendy- Hey there girl...you're not married to your rotation, ya know?
But seriously, we all suffer from that kind of compulsiveness, I do sympathize....and enable }( I do hope you can get together with Cathy for a race, that would be such fun!

Carole- I had to look twice at your post when you mentioned a treadmill....I didn't know you had one, is it a new toy? I just loved doing the iCycle, as I mentioned above. Today I'll download an iClimb for the elliptical:7

Christine- Sounds like you get a well deserved rest day....got to nurse them DOMS. I just love feeling those....isn't that crazy that we're happy to be sore? I anticipate some tomorrow as it'll e p90x for me today.

Jess- I can just picture you and Allison stretching together in front of Barbie.....too cute! The BIG event draws near.....:eek:

Judy- Good morning to you! Sounds like you had a great workout.
I've done the Timesaver upper body workouts in a dayy also, it's a killer.Personally I think the push up sequence in this is her most challenging. Harder even than GS C&T IMHO!!! }(

Okay, enough stalling, time to get down to the basement for some business!
Hi to all the fabulous cheetahs who follow

ShellyC:7

Jess- You definitely need to ask Santa for a step!!!! You, in particular, would love the IMAX w/os They are MADE for you!!

ShellyC

>
>Carole- I had to look twice at your post when you mentioned a
>treadmill....I didn't know you had one, is it a new toy? I
>just loved doing the iCycle, as I mentioned above. Today I'll
>download an iClimb for the elliptical:7
>
Geeze....must have been a brain fart Shelly....:)..I have no treadmill, the CC was on my Elliptical....hope Alzheimers is not starting...:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.