::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs, 12.28

WOW - I can't believe I'm the first one to post this morning. How is everyone doing???

Today looks like a nice day in the beginning anyway, I was outside having a cup of coffee with just my blanket around me. That's unheard of here in Minnesota in the last week of December. I think it's suppose to be changing by this evening and through Friday.

My class last night went very well, I needed a good hard sweating workout and I hope that's what I gave them.

Tonight I have step class again, subbing for the other instructor, so I hope they are ready for me again. }( }(

I want to get out and run again today, but with class, too, I think that would leave me without any energy for them. I will probably take my stuff to work and if I get a chance I will do a short 2 miler or something just to stay in the 'running groove'. ;-)

Have a great day everyone, I'll be back later once I get to work or if you post yet within the hour.

Have a fabulous day!
Marcia.

marcia- I have ran in the mornings on the day that I teach and to my surprise I managed to have energy to teach . I notice I am getting stronger with my runs since teaching. I have asthma though and I get frustrated because I feel that my breathing should be getting better with the cardios and it doesnt seem to be happening. oh well.

carole-how did you incorporate running when you did the p90x rotations? I didnt feel that the cardio x workout was challenging enough so I figured I could replace that with a run but I would like to run no less than 2 days a week.

mybrother did really well teaching class lastnight. he knew I was coming though and after last weeks class complaining that I made them sore I think he wanted to kick my butt and he did!! I am glad that he is doing good though.

my last day of work this week , cant wait to get it over with!!!talk with you all later!

Hi Laura - Oh good, I'll bring my running stuff, then, and if I get the time will run before coming home from work and then head right to step class. What type of class does your brother teach? I'm working on a circuit-type workout for my class for a change, I think they'll like it. }( :p

Have a great day, I'm off to finish one more cup of coffee before heading to work. I will be working a half day tomorrow and then go shopping for last minute things before our trip to Mexico. :)

8 days to go - before Mexico.

Marcia.

Hey Ladies, I'm working this morning so I'm rushing through my coffee to get a workout in. Yesterday I had a fabulous cardio rush combining cardio from Circuit Max and Drill Max, I'll be doing that one again! Today I need an upper body buzz so I'm thinking either B-Max2 u/bx2 or PUB, I'll figure it out when I'm downstairs.

Marcia, sounds like you gave the steppin' ladies a good workout! Mexico in early January sounds like a dream. The temperatures have been crazy mild here in Ontario too. I like it but.......it's just not right!!!

Laura, gotta love a little fitness sibling rivalry}( I think that's awesome that you guys workout together like that!! Hope your last work day flies by!!

Hello to all you Cheetahs to follow!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Hey Cheetah Babes!

I have PowerStrike 2 and abs on my rotation this morning. Another windy blustery day today. I’m in a quandary of what I want to do in January. I’m hoping Cathe publishes a killer weight and cardio workout (90 minutes a day, of course) for the Jan rotation, so I can simply follow that. If not, it’s either S&H or a P90X rotation. Any thoughts ladies?

Wendy - how's Joey doing? How are YOU doing?

Guess Cathy finally managed to sleep past o’dark thirty! Good for her!! Hope she’s having fun!

Marcia – sounds like you are having fun teaching! Glad the weather is giving you a break – but I guess that meant no white Christmas. 8 Days! 8 Days!! I'm so living vicariously through your trip to Mexico!

Laura – I think it depends on what you want to accomplish with P90X. I ran every day I did a weight workout, which was three days a week. But I wanted to lean out, not really get cut, at the time. If you are going for the cut look, Carole can help more, so I will defer to her. I love that you and your brother have such fun teaching! What a great thing!

Laurie – what a great Mish Mosh! I love the cardio from Circuit Max and followed by Drill Max?! Wow! What a great workout! Enjoy your upper body workout today.

*Waves hello to all Cheetahs who follow*

Good morning!

Christine and Laura - Thank you for your very kind words!

Laura, I am sorry about your boxer! They are such sweet dogs! I din't know your brother taught too! THat is cool! We need to all get together and all of you instructors and trainer's can kick our hineys!

Marsha - I'll bet your step class is great! I would like to take it! Enjoy teachine and your run, if you decide to run, too!

Laurie - That sounds like a good combination! Have fun with it! I haven't done Circuit Max in such a long time! And I have never done the cardio only ....that would be a good one! Will have to try it! :)

Judy - I got your card! Thank you! That looks like an awesome place to run!

This morning I did S&L and ran 5 miles on the TM.

Hi to everyone that follows and that may have been posting as I was posting! ;-)

Linda

Christine - I love PowerStrike ! I just ordered PowerSTrike 4 and it is supposed to come today. I have heard it is not as good as the other ones. We will see! I am in a quandry, too, about January! We are leaving for Aruba JAnuary 19 and I want to do something that will kick me into better "warm weather" shape by then. I started to do a HC rotation, but now I think I may do Jari's workouts for a couple of weeks. Who knows...by tomorrow, I may change my mind AGAIN :(

Linda

G'morning Cheetahs!! I get to meet Susan & her sweet girls today for lunch!!! I can't wait to meet her, it will be so fun!!

Well, my kiddos are sleeping in again!! I did a mish-mosh today. I did the w/u & blasts from KM, then the leg conditioning drills, and then abs/ planks from SJP & c/d from KM. It was a little over an hour, good workout!

Greg is home sick. Poor guy wasn't feeling well y'day but he made it through work & came home feverish. I guess I was nice & shared my cold w/ him. }( I had it Saturday, but it hasn't been so bad. I'm still getting over it, my nose is still drippy but I've suffered through it.

The girls have been having a blast playing w/ their new toys & crafts. I think one of their favorite things are these crystal animals that you color w/ these little markers, they're so cute. And Allison got a stable & horses which she LOVES.

OK, I've got to get moving! I feel like the days fly by with the kids home!! I'll post an update after meeting w/ Susan for lunch!!

Linda ~ Sorry to hear about your doggie!! I'm glad that you were able to say goodbye at least.

Good workouts & great run!!

Jess - THank you. That is so neat that you get to meet Susan! I wish there was a way that we could all get together! Have fun!

Carole - Thank you so much! I sent you a message.

Good morning cheetahs

Laurie...thank you for thinking of John. My calf is still a little sore, but feels better after I massage it a bit. I am thinking I had this before awhile back.. YIPPEE, I did get my car back! Enjoy your upper body workout today.

Jess...its fun to see a movie with a friend...:)..glad you had a good time.Sorry Greg is sick, sounds like you all got something, so the new year should be sick free!!! Say HI to Susan for us and have a great time...:)

Shelly...WAY TO GO on your 20 miler!!!! I do think you will be fine in the marathon as it seems you have the eating and drinking in the long run down. Thanks for your kind thoughts and also thinking about John. He does have a good support system and I believe that helps alot. Calf is still a bit tender so no lower body work today.

Christine...good job on LIC cardio/upper body. I will be doing S&H the P90X way for the next 3 weeks starting monday. Yes, we have had the nasty wind too. Yesterday it was more windy when I got to work than it was at my house. One reason for not staying up late New years, is since about 2000 I have done a marathon on New years day here, except for the last 2 yrs as they have not had it. Have fun with Powerstrike 2.

Wendy...my prayers for Joey having no more seizures. I hope he is feeling better today...and that you and your hubby can get some rest...:)

Linda...my calf is still a bit sore, I bet it'll take a few days. I am glad you liked the Rainbow Bridge. Sending ((((HUGS)))) to you and you DH about the loss of your sweet lab. Good workout today. Thanks to for your PM...:)

Marcia...sounds like your classes are going well. I think its great we have a few instructing cheetahs here!

Laura...I did the Doubles rotation and ran 3 days a week. I know I would use cardioX sometime to warm up before a run. I also did my long run on sunday when in the P90X rotation it has you resting or stretching.

So I got my car back!! Finally....I feel so much better driving it....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/dance.gif[/img]

I just ran 3 miles yesterday and blew off the upper body. So I will do upper today, abs and an Elliptical workout.

I got my replacement DVD's yesterday and they seem to work fine. I guess some are still having problems, which seems weird to me...

Have a good day

Christine - I'm with you, I hope Cathe has a killer workout ready for us for January. I am convinced to order P90X, too, so I might have to do a rotation with those when I get them, plus run }( I'm so ready to make a change with my body and health this new year.

Marcia.

hello ladies,

finally a minute to check in with you ladies and see how everyone is doing.

marcia- do you work fulltime at a gym? what types of classes do you teach? how long have you been teaching? sorry so many questions.

laura- last day of work- what did i miss? sorry, been out of the loop.

laurie- sounds like a fun workout. i'll have to give that one a try one day.

christine- it's finally cold here in nc:( . i was lovin' the 70 degree temps here in the winter. i say go with p90x...you know you can't go wrong.

linda- great workout.

jess- i hope gregs gets better quickly.

carole- yay!!! you get your car back today! i know you will be one super happy woman when you are behind your own set of wheels.

today is B& G glutes and abs timesaver workout.

this afternoon is my interview for the asst. fitness director position. pray for me ladies.....

have a great day ladies!!

Good Late Morning Cheetahs!:)

I slept in a bit this morning. Felt good. I am feeling much better today and Joey is looking better! He is steadier on his feet and he doesn't have that drunken look in his eyes anymore so I'm very happy about that. I'm still nervous about him having another seizure though so I have been hangin' close by him all morning-I'm a bit nervous to leave him playing alone for more than just a few mins at a time right now and the computer is in a different room...

I have no idea what work out I'll do today. I'm even considering NOT doing one but I know that I should even if it's short. We'll see what I'm up for once Joey goes down for his nap.

Hope all my Cheetah girls are doing well! I'll be back later for personals hopefully!:)

Hugs to all of you!

Okay, the ole brain doesn’t function too well at 5AM. It’s Anna’s Birthday today (my DD13 is now DD14!!) We’re going to get take out from Chili’s – a bunch of different things we all can share. She already got her big present (a leather jacket) when we were in Philly and celebrated her birthday. So she’ll only get a few videos today. But she’ll be happy.

Linda – tell me how you like PowerStrike 4. I don’t burn as many calories as I do when I do Cathe, but my lats get a killer workout! And PS1 kills my glutes. I was more sore after PS1 than after B&G! I would like to do P90X, but I can do S&H at the gym and I want to run more, too – with the weather we’ve been having, running at the gym makes sense. So I’m torn.

Jess – have fun meeting Susan! Sounds like you had a great workout. Hope Greg is feeling better! Nice of you to share! :+

Carole – so happy that you got your car back! That must be a relief! That marathon sounds like a fabulous way to start the year and make it through the holiday season without too much damage! Too bad they don’t have it any more, although with your calf hurting, maybe it’s a good thing. I hope that feels better soon.

Marcia – If Cathe has a killer rotation, I’ll do that. Otherwise, I’ll do a S&H or P90X rotation. As I stated above, one reason for a S&H rotation is that I can do it at the gym. Although, maybe with all of the New Year’s resolutions and the hordes visiting the gym for January, I should opt for a P90X rotation. By the time I’m done with it, the gym will have cleared out. :+

Sunny – Oooh, good luck today!! I have my fingers crossed!! You’ll be fabulous! My dad just got back to his house and he said it was chilly, too. We’re chilly here as well – in the low 60’s with a major wind chill factor.

Wendy – I can only imagine how scared you are to leave him alone at all! I know you’ll wait ‘til his nap and then get in a workout – which is good. You need to do something just to help with your nerves. {{{HUGS}}} Joey (and you and Sal) remain in my prayers!

Well, I suppose I should get back to work, even though I’m not doing anything… I did get a nice Cashmere scarf and glove set from my boss’s boss yesterday. The company is definitely not cheap! Haven’t gotten as many toys and things from a company since the dot.com boom!

I'm thinking of signing up for the Emerald Across the Bay Race in San Francisco in March. http://www.rhodyco.com/across12k.html I have always wanted to run the Golden Gate - check out this photo:

http://www.rhodyco.com/photos_rcoweb/2005ab12Kbridge.jpg

It's a good training run for Big Basin's 10.6 miler end of April.

Okay, my major dilema is over. I'm going to do the P90X Rotation - but sub S&H for the first 3 weeks. I have my running schedule figured out through April 29th. So I'm all set! YEAH! I hate not knowing what I'm doing.

hello again ladies,

wendy- i am so happy to hear joey is doing much better. i know how scary it can be when something happens to your little one. big, big hugs to you and joey. when jaden was an infant he had severe reflux someone always had to be near him just in case he had an episode.

christine- after i told you to do p90x, i decided on s &h rotation for next month...hahaha. looks like an amazing run! go for it}(

back from my interview and don't feel good about it. they had 3 other candidates (we were all there at the same time) me and one of the other girls started talking and they all already work for the ymca as personal trainers and fitness instructors...plus they were all much younger than me. i almost just walked out after talking with her. we shall see what happens.....

G'afternoon Cheetahs!! I got to hug Susan, I got to hug Susan!! ;-) It was sooo fun to meet her. She looks great!!!! So pretty & sweet too! We had quite the crew of girls w/ her 3 girls & my 3 girls!! We had to wait a bit to get one of those corner booths, but it worked out perfectly! One of the waitresses even had to ask if they were all our girls. :7 The time flew by & we had such fun chatting & have lots in common. We had the girls take a pic of us & we got a pic of all of the girls together too. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=12007599&uid=5044625 Check my picture trail for some pics! The girls had fun together also & warmed up to each other by the time we were done eating.

I got to meet her dh too, he opted to drop them off & run screaming from the restaurant so he didn't have to put up with all 8 of us! J/k No really, he was very sweet & I'm so glad that we were able to get together while she's in IL!!

Anyway, we talked about how fun it would be to get all of the Cheetahs together!! I know some of you West Coast cheetahs aren't too far from each other. She needed her *Cheetah fix* so I tried to update her on what's going on w/ you ladies!

OK, I could go on & on but I'm so excited to meet my first Cheetah!! She'll be back home on Sunday & then you can get *her side* of the story! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.