::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 12/14

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs :)

Christine :: that picture made me snort...he is a cutie!

I'd like to run this afternoon but have a meeting after school and may get a bit tied up...so to avoid the darkness, I think I'll go for KPC. Haven't done that one in awhile. Either THAT or I'll make today my rest day and run tomorrow and Saturday. Sorry, I'm doing the Aunt Erika thing of thinking out loud...*lol* This is why I can't do a rotation...My schedule during the day is so regimented, I need some flexibility!

OK, off to print out some things for work. Today I'm being observed. Hopefully I paid the darling children enough to make me look good. *ha*

Have a great day & w/o's, ladies!
-Cathy

PS...Thanks Linda & Christine for your cards!

Good morning ladies,

quick check in as i have to go into work extra early today. they want us to stay late so i until 7pm but i can't because i have to pick up my children. if we can get everything done today we won't have to come in on saturday. keep your fingers crossed!

today's workout is GS BS&B' plus interval run using CC!

Ok, you enablers (all of you, lol), I guess i will just have to order cathe's calendar. can't be the only catheite/cheetah without one, LOL.

susan- great job on your weightloss!!!!!

have a great day to each and everyone of you :)

Good Morning Gals!

Christine: OMG, Tucker is the cutest! That cap and gown is hysterical! I loved it!:+ :7 :+

Cathy: KPC is a good choice. I haven't done that one in a while. Have fun with it. I hope the observation goes well today. How much cash did you give the kids? I hope it's enough to get the job done. ;)

Sunny: Going in early is smart. This way everyone is happy. No one can complain. I hope you don't have to go in over the weekend. That would be a real friggin' bummer. When you say you work for a 3rd party benefits company is it something like this? --->My DH is in a Union and the union pays a company to handle it's benefits pkg and everything that goes with it so when he/we wld normally need to call the insurance company about something, we actually call this other company instead. Does your company work the same way or is it something different? I'm just curious. :)

I have GSBS&B on tap for today plus an early evening TM run if I'm up to it. I'm feeling a bit beat up so I'm glad today is the last day before I get a rest day. I am tempted to blow off the run because of this. I'm not sure yet though. I'll see how I feel later on.

Wendy- yes, i am trying to be fair about things. yes, to your answer about the co. i currently work for. it's the same thing as your dh has. we are always busy and get plenty of phone calls;-)
we have the same workout today.

I have to be honest the run is not gonna happen today. ran out of time after GS BS&B. i think i was being a little overzealous. tonight after working a long day

Sunny: Don't worry about that run...I could very well be blowing my run off too. :p I'd actually prefer to blow off GSBS&B instead of the run but I need to do it. Because I was sick I haven't worked BS&B as hard as C&T. I don't want to be lopsided!:p

Hi! This is just a quick visit I wait for a load in the dryer. Then it is off to a circuit WO.

We are probably going to get the Cybex Total Arc Trainer, but I need to get a bit more information first. I agree that the Precor is the best elliptical and that it is the only elliptical that has incline options. The arc trainer does have incline options and resistance options. Oh, decisions!

My goodfreind adopted a puppy yesterday and came over wtih her. She is a beagle mix and so lovable. Our cats did not know what to make of a puppy! They stayed close but not too close and the fur on their backs was up like spikes.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

G'morning Cheetahs!! I didn't turn my alarm off this morning (yeah!), and did KPC. I haven't done it in a while, I love that workout!! I'm going to try to do GS C & T this afternoon if I have time. Where does the time go lately????

I ended up w/ a migraine y'day. I wasn't feeling the greatest in the afternoon but by about 4 I was feeling miserable. I still felt yucky til about 9 & then started to feel better. I woke up feeling fine at least, gotta love those stupid migraines! :eek:

Well, since we didn't get our grocery shopping done I've gotta do that today! Kroger, Walmart, & Sam's are on the list! I'm going to get our baking stuff so we can start our baking this weekend. I have cookies to make for Allison's Christmas program, Hannah's treats for school & bday party, plus the holiday goodies!!! Wish me luck, I've already told myself NO licking the bowl. (of course, the girls will be fighting over that! ;-) )

OK, I'll BBL, so be good!! ;-)

Good morning!

I got up early again this morning...I'm on a schedule where I get up at 4:30 am and fall asleep by 8:30 pm! I need a late night to get me off of this routine.

This morning I need to take DS to his eye doctor appointment. Hopefully I'll be disciplined enough to get my workout in this afternoon.....elliptical and weights.

Personals:

Laurie, I did not think that you were being insensitive to me at all. I've now had a close up look at what it is like to lose the center of your life and truly I feel for you. I also understand about the family issues. Things got a little ugly the last month or so before my brother died and this was with members of my family. There were things said and done that I never could have imagined. Anyway, you have no idea how much I admire you, your strength and outlook! I hope the dinner goes well for you and your girls.

Judy, Wondering what it is about the arc trainer that has made you choose it over an elliptical. I love puppies...think they are as cute as babies (maybe cuter sometimes). Our dog is so old and so I know that we'll have a puppy around here in the near future when Alfie passes away.:-(

Sunny, I think we go through life doing routine things without giving thought to the behind the scenes people who make it work. Never again will I choose our families benefits during open enrollment without thinking about you and all the other people hard at work to make this process seem almost automatic. I hope you get all your stuff done today so that you are able to enjoy the weekend with your family.

Wendy (and Sunny), I've been blowing off aspects of my workouts all week long! Thanks for helping to alleviate the guilt by making me feel not so alone!

Christine, I agree, Tucker is cute and that picture is priceless!

Jess, I'm not going to make cookies this year. The temptation is too great. OK, maybe I'll make a couple of kinds and give in for one day!:7 I'm gonna give KPC another try one of these days.....for some reason I could never get into it the two times I tried it. I never got much past the warmup.

Hi to everyone else stopping by later! I'll be back I am sure.

Oops, I forgot to say hi to Cathy..."Hi Cathy!". What does being observed mean anyway. Obviously you are being watched but for how long and how does what the watching person says affect you?

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...the run yesterday was ok but the rain was miserable. It just poured! Have fun with KPC if you can squeeze it in. When is the X-mas break for you?

Sunny...good job with GS BSB, sorry about the run. I know when I have to go in early to work something always seems to get left out!!

Judy...I have never seen an arc trainer? Good luck in your decision making...:)

Susan...congrats on the weight loss. Thanks for the card...loved the picture of your family...:)

Laurie...I can understand your feelings on the upcoming dinner. I hope things go well...good workout yesterday.

Christine...sounds like you had a tough workout yesterday. Most of A-Jocks suggestions are tough!! I am thankful today I am not running as what a shock...it is still RAINING!!! The pic of Tucker was adorable..:)

Wendy...good job with 30 min of P90X Yoga! I do agree about Tony explaining more...no tomatoes from me! I didn;t try any other Yoga until a few times thru YogaX so I had most of the basics down which helped. Have fun with your GS workout.

Jes..good job with L&G. Sounds like shopping was fun! Sorry about the migraine...glad you are feeling better today.

I am doing B&G standing (floor if I have time) and 40 min on my Elliptical.

Have a good day...:)

Hi Ladies, well this endorphin junkie got a wicked fix today, I gave the B-Max2 scrambled eggs premix a go and it whipped me!!! It so well put together and I just keep on falling in love with the choreography on it! I'm off to work in 6 minutes so I'll have to keep it short:)

Cathy, hope your observation day goes well!

Sunny, I'm thinking I may cave and order the calendar too!

Wendy, I would like to teach fitness classes again but with 3 teens and 2 jobs it's tough to fit in. Hope you get feeling perkier and less beat up!

Judy, sounds so cute, a puppy and some uncertain kitties, beagles are so funny!

Jess, I'm all about chewing gum when I bake so I can't lick the bowls:) Have fun baking!

Carole, enjoy your workout, I promise no more whining from me (for now ;-) )

Elaine, how many kids do you have and how old are they? Everyone's nerves and emotions are so raw when a loved one is so very ill. Too bad we can't unsay and undo the things that are said and done in sadness and despair. I gave myself a serious scolding and attitude adjustment last night and WILL make Saturday a joyous and positive day!!!! A good sleep makes all the difference:)

Uh-oh that took 7 minutes, I'm outta here!

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs! Had a good restful sleep and feeling nicely restored now! I ended up doing the B portion only of B&G last night. Today I'll finish the G part. It'll be an upper body workout today...not sure what yet and a good sweaty workout on the elliptical.
I got my official corral assignment for the PFChang marathon......
....why do I feel like mooing? :p Anyway, tomorrow I have my 18 mile run on the schedule:)

Laurie- You're sounding positive today....good for you! I love all the BM2 premixes... the scrambled eggs one is a goodie for sure. I'll be thinking of you Saturday with your dinner for 18:eek:

Elaine- You sure have a lot on your plate lately! Hopefully you're able to squeeze in a quality workout today. Your postings are so wonderfully wise and thought provoking :) Hope you had a terrific birthday and enjoyed your ice cream cake! I didn't think it would take you long to get back "the feel" in your runs!

Christine- What an adorable pic of Tucker!!! Too cute for words :)
The back is also my favorite upper body muscle to work! I love doing one arm rows especially. I'm up to 30# DBs now:) Have a great time in PA.... where are you going specifically? Is it pleasure or business?

Carole- Have a great time with B&G today. Is it still wet? Hopefully some of that will be coming my way soon...it's been horribly dry and I'm longing for some rain or snow!

Jess- How wonderful that you finally have your van back :7 Wow, that sure did take a while! Sorry you had to deal with migraines yesterday. I've never had to deal with them myself but I understand how debilitating they are. And with your kids and all your responsibilities you can't just retreat to a dark room for the day! Glad you're better:7 Have a great time with the drop sets of pushups today!

Susan- ooooooh Cookie party:9 :9 :9 :9 I have a special weakness for snickerdoodles too :9 :9 :9 Congrats on losing the 2 lbs!!!
Your sash pants sound nice! Since I work out strictly at home in my basement I'm afraid my workout clothes are entirely ratty old Tshirts and shorts!

Wendy- YogaX is the only yoga workout I actually enjoy! There is something about Tony's presentation of it. I also break it down and do it in 30 minute sessions. Glad your step class is a worthwhile workout for ya! I don't blame you a bit for "blowing off" your run today.... you've been busy enough!!
I took a motorcycle class a few months ago and got my license then but haven't decided which motorcycle I want.... still deciding. DH
learned to ride years ago and saw this Harley and fell in love with it. We'll both be riding it and if I like it I'll get one too!

Cathy- A day full of meetings is exhausting! I feel for ya :eek:
I'm with you about rotations.... My schedule is so erratic it is impossible to follow one. Even the marathon training is improvised constantly with me. I hope you opt for a rest day today!

SunnyD- I'm with Elaine here.... When I filled out my open enrollment form a few weeks ago it never occurred to me how this impacts people working in the this field. Too bad this comes at the end of the year when there is so much else going on! I hope it goes well for you and you don't end up having to work Saturday!

Judy- That Arc trainer sure does sound interesting! Is this your christmas present? Have a great circuit day!

Wow.... that was alot of catching up and gabbing! Gotta go now and sweat some! Hi to all who follow!

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs,
You guys are chatting up a storm today. We cheetahs never run out of stuff to talk about:)

Well, I am only doing PUB today and abs and stretch. I need a break from the cardio today. My sciatica is feeling better and I don't want to push it. I taking the week off of working out when I am on our trip to Chicago to see my mom. I have never taken more than 2 or 3 days off before, so I will probably be going nuts. I will just do a lot of stretching and try to eat clean.

Cathy, good luck with being watched. I am sure you will be great! Take a break today and read a good book instead of working out. I have realy been trying to read more lately. It is one of the only things that relaxes me fully.

Sunnydelite, YAY, you are ordering a calender. I don't think you will regret it. Enjoy your day and get that work done. My eating is still under control, but again the cookie party is 2 days away, so we will see what happens.

Wendy, I say focus on weights today and blow off the treadmill. I am just saying that because I am not doing cardio today and I don't want anyone else to either(LOL)!

Judy, puppies are so cute. I love how they are so uncoordinated and doppy when they are small. My dad has a beagle and they are great pets.

Jess, Glad your migraine was gone this morning. I also love KPC, but I have done it so many times that I am kind of tired of it. Enjoy all your errands. I too have quite a few today.

Carole, I am glad you got the card. It was not the best picture, but with 3 kids you have to do it fast. Have fun with my fave Butts and Gutts. It is raining here too and my kids are going nuts being indoors so much (LOL)!

Elaine, I know what you mean about the temptation while making cookies and eating them afterwards. I have to just put mine away or give them away quickly. Hopefully you will get a workout in today.

Laurie, I love that premix! It really does whip you.

shelly, you better rest up today for that 18 mile run. WOW, you are awesome. Have a great upper body workout. I say go for PUB, that is what I am doing.

Hello to everyone else that follows. I am off to work in my 6 year olds classroom today.

Cheers!

Susan

I 'm back for a quick Hello :)

Susan- I hop PUB goes well. I found it to be very effective

Cathy- Did your observation go well?

Wendy- We don't want any Cheetahs tobe lopsided so get to BSB!!! Ps- thanks for the kind words in your card!

Shelly- I just don't know how you can work nights in an ICU and be well rested let alone run 18 miles. Before motherhood I worked as a Respriatory Therapist, often in an ICU, and I hated nights.

Carole and Elaine- the Arc Trainer is Cybex's version of a crosstrainer/ elliptical. it is not a 'true' elliptical motion. The motion is like a banana smile up and then back, but it felt just as smooth as an elliptical, extremely challenging and it is not supposed to give that numbness in the feet that I get on the Precor. I posted on the Runners World discussion page on equipment to see if anyone has good expereince with it. It also got good review at Epinions.com

Laurie-The premixes on BM2 are very useful :)

Jes- sorry aobut the migrane yesterday! Today is a new day and you havegreat plans Mama!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hi Cheetahs!

Well Joey checked out A-okay at the doc's and he was VERY well-behaved! I thought he'd freak out like he did last time but I could not have been more wrong!:) He wasn't crazy about the flu shot they gave him but he recovered from it quickly. ;) I gave him a few bites of chocolate donut in the parking lot before we left for being such a good boy. :9

After the doctor's we went to Kohl's and I am happy to say that except for my mom, I finished everyone else on my list! WOOH! My mom will be taken care of tmrw. I may start wrapping today. I don't know if I'm happy about that or not! :p

I see that Judy received my Christmas card...I hope the other Cheetahs that I mailed them to get them soon! I really need to write out the 2nd half now!

Well, I'll be back later for personals! Hope y'all are having a good day. :)

Hey everyone! I have been MIA for a while. I have had a few issues pop up and I have been doing a rotation with other workouts instead of Cathe's ...so I was afraid I shouldn't post . :+ I tried Amy Bento's workouts and Kelly Coffey's new ones, etc. I have still tried to run at least 3 days per week and I have still been trying to read your guy's posts daily !

Wendy - I got your card! Thanks so much! I am glad Joey was good at the doctor and had a good visit! Oh dear, you just reminded me that I need to wrap my presents, too!

Judy - I have a Precor EFX 517. I like it a lot. I remember Tracy Long saying that she trains on an Arc trainer and she loves it. I have never got to use one, but I would love to try it! Good luck on whichever one you get!

Shelly - Wow! 18 miles.....I hope and pray that I am able to reach that point some day! Thank you for the card! It was so cute!

Susan, I started to do PUB this morning, too. But...I didn't, but I plan on that tomorrow??? But then again, it is hard to say with the way I have been lately! Can't seem to stick to anything I plan!

Laurie - Great job on the Scrambled Eggs! I like that one a lot!

Elaine - Your schedule sounds like mine! It seems that for some reason....this is the one my body seems to prefer! Except this morning I woke up at 3:40 a.m. and did not go back to sleep, so just got up at 4:15 and worked out.

Carole - Good job on the B&Gs and elliptical! I did the floorwork of B&Gs this morning along with my cardio. I should have done both portions...but I didn't have enough time.

Jess - I will be grocery shopping after work today, to get stuff to make for a Christmad party tomorrow and one Saturday. Tis the season! Stay away from that bowl!;)

Sunny - Good luck getting everything done so that you don't have to go into work on Saturday! My fingers are crossed!

Cathy - Good luck on the observation! You're very welcome for the card! Thank you for the card, too!

Christine - Thank you for the card! :7

Hey to everyone and hope everyone is doing great!

Linda

I feel so silly right now! I'm home on a break and doing my dishes, the smoke alarm goes off and I'm not cooking anything. I run around the house and can smell something in the foyer where our bedrooms and bathroom are. *sniff**sniff**sniff*, something's burning!!! I call 911 and the trucks are here within 3 minutes, I'm asked what's going on, tell them and they smell it too, senior firefighter guy walks into the bathroom and says, your electric heat is on. We've lived here for 18 months and until today I thought they were disconnected, the dust collected in it burned and set off the fire alarm. They were out of here with in 5 minutes and I feel so stupid, although they were very re-assuring that I did the right thing. I must admit it was nice to be surrounded by ALL that testosterone}( ;-) :+

Okay back to business as usual:)

Shelly, so glad you're feeling rested! LOL at the corral, moo comment!! I am feeling upbeat today, 3 sleepless nights made me gloomy and whiney, I'm much better now thanks!

Susan, I think you're very smart to take it easy and let all of the bodywork you've had drop in. I know it'll be hard because you like to workout hard but you'll be stronger for it!!

Judy, sounds like a great piece of equipment!!

Wendy, that's wonderful that Joey is AOK and was soooo good. I wish I was that close to being done, Sunday and Monday I'll finish up although I'm always picking up little bits right to the end.

Linda, what do you think of Kelly Coffey, CK Sales has a good presale on right now for her new workouts due in January and I'm thinking maybe......I got Amy's 3 new ones and think they'll get their fair share of use. Nice to see you:)

Okay, back to cleaning up my kitchen:)

Take Care
Laurie

Elaine, Shelly and Linda: I recently recieved cards from each of you. Thank you. They are a bright spot in my day! :)

Judy: I hope you enjoy your new "toy" when you get it! Will you have it in time to work out on Christmas Morning? ;)

Jess: Glad you are feeling better this morning. I haven't had a migraine in years and I am very happy about that!:)

Carole: Maybe once I am better at yoga via Tony I will give Mr. YP a try again!:9 Have fun with B&G today!}(

Elaine: Don't you ever feel guilty about missing a work out! You work and work out plenty hard! You deserve the occasional "cheat day" of rest!;)

Laurie: I hope you get all your shopping done on Monday and Tuesday! I feel so accomplished now that I am pretty much done. It's great!

Linda: Start wrapping those presents!!!:+

Susan: I had to laugh at your post about suggesting I blow off the TM cause you aren't doing cardio either today. It sounds like something I would say!:7

Well ladies, remember the Christmas eve insanity I deal with every year? I just finished wrapping the 21 presents I am giving out that night instead of doing my work out!:eek: The count would normally be 24 but 3 people are not coming this year (supposedly) due to a family scuffle.

Now that I am done I will do as much of BS&B as I can before Joey wants to get up. I can always finish later when he goes to bed if I have to.

I'll be back later!:)

Susan, I just got your card, what a beautiful picture, your Girls are lovely and sooo blonde. My 17 y.o. Elizabeth was my only blonde but she discovered hair dye about 4 years ago, now I have no idea what her natural colour is:7

I can't believe it made it here in 3 days!!! Thanks again:)

Take care
Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.