::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 10/5

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs!

Yesterday's run was disastrous - besides a general leaden legs feeling, I stubbed my toe in a sidewalk crack and *almost* wiped out, ate a bunch of gnats :( and wound up with a sidestitch. *lol* So, I'm not sure what I am planning after school today...maybe KPC + weights or just weights. Will see how it goes. Still need to put the finishing touches on that paper.

Have a great Thursday, everyone! Will try to pop back in later.

Cathy :)

Hi Cheetahs-
Cathy--sorry about that run yesterday. At least you can laugh about it today -- and hey, how about that extra protein you got with those gnats? I hope today goes better. KPC is a winner. I sympathize with the leaden legs feeling. Some days are like that and it's a bummer. It makes you appreciate the smooth and easy run days, though.

Christine-- good luck on your days before the half. How are you feeling today after yesterday's workout?

Elaine--have a great trip and good luck on the race.

Jennifer--good luck on the days before the race!

I did upper body yesterday, a combo of PP premix, and body max & step from bodyMax and plan to do a tempo run today & abs. I'm feeling sluggish because of doing my easy run Tuesday on the TM instead of outdoors -- it just doesn't give me that endorphin rush like the pavement does or else I needed to go for longer, but time didn't allow.

Hope to be back for personals later today.
have a great day everyone!
-Barb
:) :)

Morning Ladies.

Cathy and Barb, Sorry about your not nice runs yesterday. :-(

Y'day was a 3 mile TM run and the Butts and Guts class at the gym.

Today will probably be an unscheduled rest day for me. I heading up to my mom's right from work so I probably won't have time for a work out....

Tomorrow is a 9am park run with my friend AND Joey (jogging stroller)! This will be the first time I will actually use it for it's intended purpose! I was sooo excited to get it and have yet to use it! DOH! :p LOL

Hi Ladies: I'm not sure what I'll get up to workout wise today. No time to workout before appointments so we'll see how the day unfolds.

Cathy, OWCHIE! Sounds like one of those runs that keeps us very humble but you know the next one's just HAS to be better! Hope you get some time to tinker with your paper.

Barb, sounds like a good upperbody mix yesterday. I love mixing B-Max upperbody with other workouts too. Hope your tempo run is a good one!

Wendy, have fun with your Mom.

Elaine, you asked about my ankle yesterday. It's overuse from my training. I've twisted the ankle a couple of times in the past few years and now it's tricky and testey. Gettin' better everyday though! :)

It's nice and sunny here, perhaps if it's still nice around noon I'll lace up and see what a 4 or 5K run feels like.

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..I'm sorry about your run...I also hate eating those darn gnats! (especially cuz I am vegan!) Hope your workout is better today. Good luck with the paper...:)

Barb..good workout yesterday, I have not done Bodymax for awhile.

Laurie...have a good workout whatever you decide...:)

Jennifer...good luck in the half!

Christine...yes John is staying with my sister. A friend from church has a son in a wheelchair who is a PT and he went to my sisters house to check it out for wheechair access and gave her a few tips. I do appreciate your thoughts. So why the dream about a food processor?? I bet a new spin bike is quite fun to work out on.

Wendy..good job with the TM run and the Butt & gutts workout at the Gym!! Enjoy your rest day. That is great you get to try out the jogging stroller tomorrow!

Karen...good run yesterday. So you are going to do a 5K sunday?

Susan...well I did get rained on in my run yesterday!! But we needed it and it wasn't too bad...hope you got to do your L&K/KPC premix.

Laura...that is so cool about the picture!!

SunnyD..that is great about the running class with free childcare!!!

I am doing PLB standing and hoping for about an hour on my Elliptical. I did have to cut my run short yesterday...stomach issues.

Have a good day..:)

Good Morning cheetahs,

Christine-Jambalya, Yum!! how do you like CC#5?

Wendy- great workout yesterday. don't think the running class will workout timewise:-( . the running buddy will not pan out either, she told me her dh told her he doesn't want her to run a 5k because she will get skinnyx( x( . have fun with the jogging stroller and w/mom.

jess- so nice to hear about your super fun day!! i am envious of all you great finds.

cathy-sorry to hear you didn't have a good run yesterday. today will be a better day.

susan-you certainely burned off those cookies;)

karen- did you decide to sign up for the race?

linda, lol. i feel the same, works gets in the way of all the fun stuff you want to do:p

carole- hope your stomach is feeling better today. how many days a week do you run?

laurie- how is your ankle feeling?

katrina- HBB? did you sneak in a halloween treat:D i needed that yesterday.

barb- don't you just hate it when time doesn't allow you to do all you want to fit in.

today's workout was a 4.90 mile run on the treadmill. wanted to go 5 miles but ran out of time.

have a great day ladies!!

SunnyD..that is too bizarre about what your friends DH said about her running the 5K?...Rihgt now I am running 4 days a week. It depends most of the time on what I am training for...thanks, my stomach is better today..:)

Cathy, Sorry your run did not go well yesterday. I bet you will be happy when your paper is done. Enjoy whatever workout you end up having time for.

Barb, have fun running today. Pound that pavement.

Wendy, Have fun on your rest day and have fun with your mom. It is good you will get to use your stroller tomorrow.

Laurie, Keep resting and get better. It sure makes a difference running when it's sunny. I hope you get a chance to run.

Carole, I'm still flip flopping. Yesterday, I would have said yes. Today, I am really tired from running 3 days in a row and don't know if I have the energy to do the race. I can register upto 10 min. before race time. More flip flopping to do, at least until we leave Saturday morning.

Sunnydelite, Nice run. Time is always a factor isn't it?

Hi to the rest of you Cheetahs. Have a great day.

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I have on tap for today a 3 mile run and Core Synergestics. My last run before the big event. I think I’m getting nervous! I know I have been very careful with what I eat!

Cathy – sorry the run was so hard! I hate runs like that! Nice to know they only happen once in a while – eh? Enjoy your workout today!

Barb – I’m feeling good – ready to go again, which is nice. I’m avoiding the treadmill like the plague before my half, but as soon as the half is over and I’m working again, the treadmill will be my new best friend. I like your workout combo from yesterday! Enjoy your run!

Wendy – Oh I’m so excited that you get to play with your new toy tomorrow!! Sounds like a nice run- in the park with your sweet little boy and a good friend! Enjoy!

Laurie – do you trail run at all? I’ve found that that really strengthened my ankle. I gave myself a really nasty sprain in a snowboarding incident (I stick to snow shoes now!) and my ankle gave me problems for six months, and it took a full year to get all of the flexibility back. But trail running really helped. Just a thought. Good luck getting in your run!

Carole – Today is the day, isn’t it? I’m sending good thoughts to John, your sister and your family. Your friend is nice to do that! I think I dreamt about my food processor because I dropped the lid and it cracked (I made tomato soup the other day and used the processor for that). So now I have to get a new lid. Sorry your stomach gave you problems on your run. Hope you're feeling better!

Sunny – This was my favorite Jambalaya recipe so far – it’s really good with just the right amount of zip! It’s healthy except for the Cajun sausage – so I put half of what’s called for. I like the iTrains better than the CC’s, but I do have to admit that I enjoyed the CC’s yesterday as they are more my idea of interval training. The iTrains are more like a spin class – different speeds, different resistances with each song. In CC 5 you start with 3 4 minute hills with 2 minutes rest in between. Then you go to 6 1 minute sprints… That is weird what your friend’s DH said about her. I can tell you that I’m running a Half on Sunday and I’m not skinny… :p

Karen – have fun deciding on the race. A day of rest will do wonders for you!

Carol & Christine- i find the comment strange also. It makes absolutely no sense. I also think she really doesn't want to do it, so it was her way of getting out of it. Oh well, I am doing it!!!

Hi Friends:)!

Carole- thanks for the vote of encouragement on legs before a run. As it worked out I did the 5.2 mile run and stretched. Then I had only enough time to shower and get to my class. Later in the day I did L&G standing. I'm glad to read that your stomach is more calmed down and that your nephew is home!

Barb- PP and Bpdy Max upper body sound like a nice change. Do you have a multi disc player? I'm not fond of theTM either these days.

Christine- The big race is almost here! I'll bethinking of you.

Laurie- Hopefully that ankle will heal up and be atronger than ever.

Wendy- Tomorrow sounds like fun with a friend to run with and Joey in the stroller.

Hello to Sunny, Karen, Shelly , Cathy (sorry about your yucky run) :)

Yesterday was a 5.2 mile run and it felt great. Later I did L&G standing. Todya was 30" interval workout on my 9stationary) bike followed by PP UB 2 sets.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

hi again--
I squeezed in a 6 mile tempo run and feel much better! My legs & joints definitely feel a bit enhanced from using the elliptical ...hmmm very interesting.

Wendy-- the butts and guts class sound fun. Is this at Cathe's gym or at another gym? Have fun with your mom and breaking in the jog stroller.

Laurie--glad your ankle is steadily getting better. Hope you can squeeze in the midday run!

Carole--that's good news about John. Have fun with PLB -- and an hour on the elliptical is a lot. Do you think of your elliptical time/mileage as part of your weekly mileage or as XT only? I really notice that I am aware of lifting my leg up (from the quad) after my foot hits the ground. I feel like this is helping me have better running form and run more relaxed. I made the burrito/bean filling from Vegan Planet -- thought it was good & filling. It's near the page with the portabello fajitas -- have you tried this?

Sunny-- well 4.9 is darn close to 5 and you got it in early in the day. WTG!

Karen--thanks for the well wish for pounding theh pavement instead of the TM belt. It was fun to be outside today. Back in the habitat I like for running. Running 3 days in a row would be a lot for me. I need to take a break to let the body recover after 2 days in a row.

Christine--glad you're feeling good about the big race. Good luck on your last run and good for you for being in sync with what you're eating. What job did you pick? The jambalays sounds good. When are you leaving for the race or is it near your house so you just go that morning?

Judy--Good job on your run. I can only work my legs before a run, not after, and find it loosens me up in a good way for the run. But I do an easier/lighter weight workout before, e.g. L&G or the legs from SJP or MM. I can't do GSL before a run like SuperCarole can!! I don't have a multi disc player. I just switched the discs: I did back, chest & shoulders on PP-premix 2 sets and then did shoulders, bic & tri on body max. Good luck on your interval workout today and the PP UB. !

Have a great day, everyone!!
Barb
:) :) :)

Good late morning, Cheetahs!! I slept in this morning, oops!! I must have turned off my alarm because I woke up at 6:40! My knee was very really hurting again last night. I'm thinking it was the biking so I guess no more biking for a bit either. :-( I got my foam roller y'day so I used that a bit, can you say OUCH?!?! Then I iced again.

I did Gym Style legs after the girls got on the bus, so at least I got that done!! ;-) I'm loving doing the GS workouts & I think I'm going to see some great results!! :)

The girls are out of school early today & then are off tomorrow & Mon. We're heading to my Mom's tomorrow morning to help out w/ Grandma & we'll go visit my Aunt Meg (she's the one that broke her pelvis a while back). She's back at home now so I know she'll love some company.

Grandma is pretty much out of it now, they put her on a continual morphine drip since she couldn't even push the pump. Mom said not to bring the girls to see her (they might be a little scared) so I'll go visit her alone after my Mom gets off work.

On a good note, my brother is getting military leave to come home!!!! I'm soooo thrilled, I adore my brother (and Kiersten misses her *buddy* like crazy). My Mom got ahold of the Red Cross & it looks like he'll be flying in tomorrow or Sat.

Anyway, sorry so long.... so much going on. I've got to head back to Kohl's too, I got Kiersten the wrong size pants & they left the security tag on my skirt and I have a couple more things to look at anyway. ;-)

Jess = {{{HUGS}}}!!! Glad your brother is coming home, though! Enjoy shopping...

Barb- the race is local - about a 15 minute drive (Carole is chuckling now - she thinks everything is 15 minutes away in cities). Haven't gotten the firm offer yet from the one company, but unless it's really off, I'm going with that one. I think there's more challenge and more opportunity to grow.

Thanks, Christine!! Good luck w/ the race!! I'm sure you'll do GREAT!!

Update on the car, it's more serious than we thought!! The water pump is fine. There is a leak in the intake manifold gasket. They are going to have to take the engine half way apart to fix it. There's also been a problem w/ the A/C that has to be fixed. All said and done it is going to be about $900. Ouch! And the darn car's a '95 & only worth about $1,500!!!

Always something, right?? :eek:

Good morning Cheetahs,

I am getting off to a late start today workout wise. I am actually going to take a day off from cardio. My kness are acting up a little today. Whenever it starts raining my knees get a little inflamed. So, it is a upper body workout for me today. I am going to do GS Ba,Sh, Bi and some yoga. I have to get ready for my weekend with Bryan(Yummy pants)Kest. It is October 22nd.

Jess, I am sorry to hear about your grandma gettting worse. Great news about your brother coming to visit!

I don't have any time for personals now. I have to get my rear in gear and do my upper body.

I will check back later hopefully.

Cheers!

Susan

Susan - hope your knees are better soon. Smart girl to rest. Looks like it should be nicer weather for a while.

My 3 mile run ended up being 3.76 miles and I had to fight to keep it at that. It felt SOOO good to be out there running again. I just have to hope I have this energy on Sunday! I really love these shoes. I feel like I'm running on a gym mat they are so cushy. Now it's off to do Core Synergestics... Need to do something with this energy!

Hi All! I did MowMax as my workout today. Some of the lawn is pretty uneven but my ankle felt really good so I'm pleased about that.

Carole, sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. Hope your get your full workout in today:)

Sunny, I find your friend's DH's comment strange too! Running sure keeps me fit but it certainly doesn't make me skinny! It's amazing how many myths circulate out there.

Karen, I'm pretty sure this is my last rest day. I'm getting antsy for a nice little 6K:)

Christine, enjoy your 3 miles, I'm so excited for you and your run on the weekend. Good luck with eating well, I struggle constantly with disciplined eating. Trail runs sounds like a fun way to further condition my ankles, great idea! Thanks.

Judy, nice workout, PP upperbody is popular around here:)

Jess, that's wonderful that your brother is coming for a visit!! Hope your knee feels better soon! Did it bother you at all when you were doing GS Legs?

Susan, uh-oh! Another Cheetah with tender knees!! I surmised that you are going to be seeing Bryan Kest; details Susan!! I NEED DETAILS:+ :+ That man is one beautiful specimen:9 :9 }( ;-)

I'm heading back outside to pull some tired annuals and start getting the garden ready for winter.

Take Care
Laurie

Sunny - I started with Nike, then switched to Ryka (I still wear Ryka for cross training), but the ones I just bought at Muzino. I love the cushiness of them, and they are very light weight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.