::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 10/19

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone~

Was going to try to split my workout again - weights in the AM and cardio after school, but I didn't quite wake up as early as I'd planned. But I suppose I *could* squeeze in a premix...Hmm, that's not a bad idea, so I'd better get moving. Will check in again later to report in & catch up with the cheetahs.

Hope you all have great workouts and that those on the injured/sick list feel better!

Cathy :)

PS...Christine :: I was not up late at all...I dozed off in the middle of Dancing with the Stars! (Way early!)

Good morning cheetahs-

today's workout will be Imax3}( }(

cathy- sounds like a good idea:)

christine-how is your new job going so far?

wendy- did you go shopping yesterday}( :D . i remember when my oldest son was into the wiggles. i guess with the baby i will re-visit those old tapes.

shelly-i will bet cycling proves to be a fun workout. hopefully your injury will heal soon.

carole- how are you feeling today?

elaine- great run!

judy- good lordie lady are you able to walk today, lol

laurie- doesn't it feel great when you feel caught up on housework:D

jess- that recipe looks awesome. thanks for posting.

susan- although you still had some pain i am happy you were still able to get in a run. you are a trooper!!!

hello to anyone else i may have missed. i am off to tackle my workout.

ttyl....:)

christine thanks! yes I actually had fun teaching. I posted yesterday that I find myself constantly thinking of what I can do in class now. My butt is so sore from those skater lunges we did yesterday.OUCH!!

It looks like rain here again today so my kids games will probably be cancelled again. I was hoping to get them in and be done with them but they cancelled tuesdays games too. The weather unfortunately isnt going to get any better.

off to get the kids up for school and ready for work. chat later!!

Good Morning Girls!

Laura: I used to take a jazzercise class and the routine was split up into sections and the instructor would change one section at time so that it didn't get boring for us but she also didn't have to drive herself mad trying to learn entire new routines every few weeks! Just an idea for your class!:)

Christine: This east coast gal can't stay up as late as she used to now that's she's a workin' woman again!:p Actually, I'm excited...I am not working out until later in the day so when I get home from work today I can do some napmax GUILT-FREE!:p Watch...I won't be tired! Murphy's law!!! x(

Jess: PB on pancakes...OMG...that sounds soooo YUMMY!:9 I had better FORGET that idea by the time I eat pancakes again. Thank god I don't eat them often!:p :7

Cathy: So did you get your weights premix in this morning? In regards to winter gear...I was checkin' out a site I have saved in my Favorites for clothing and some of the prices were decent. I'm thinkin' it's probably the same one I gave you to look for shoes in. I haven't made any purchases yet though.

Sunny: No shopping yet. I've had very little time lately but don't you worry! I WILL get there!}( }( I don't actually own a single Wiggles tape! We have Tivo and the Disney Channel so we have a season's pass set up for that show. I am, however, going to ask for a few dvd's for him for Christmas I think. This way he can take them with him on overnights. :)

Carole: I'd actually probably take ANY part of California as opposed to where I'm at! I need a change! Need a roommate? LOL :p

Hello to everyone else!!!:)

Well, I have a Power class and a TM run planned for this evening at the gym. The class starts at 5:30pm.}(

Ciao for now! :*

Good morning to all you early bird east coast cheetahs! Its 0430 here for me in Az. Got a slow period at work so I thought I'd check in. Tonight I'm off so after a nap I'll go for a run. I took a rest day yesterday and did some coremax and I'm feeling pretty good.
My groin injury continues to abate.....barely noticing it tonight:)
I'll try a 5-6 mile run when I wake up and later some GS C&T....haven't done those drop set push ups in a while!

Cathy- Hope you were able to squeeze in your premix...what did you end up doing?

SunnyD- IMAX 3 is my all time favorite Cathe cardio! You and I may well be racing on the same day. I was planning on an 11 mile race on Nov 18th if my groin pull healed. It looks promising now!

Laura- I'll bet you were awesome with your class! Good for you!!!

Wendy- Hey busy working lady! Have a great nap! I'm a champion nap taker myself.....it works better than any pill! What's a power class?

Okay, duty calls...:) I'll check in later and let y'all know how my run went.

ShellyC

Good morning all!

Rest day for me. Wendy - I know what you me by "just my luck". It's my one day to sleep in and I'm up! Go figure. :p

Cathy - enjoy your premix - let us know which one you do!

Sunny - I'm enjoying it so far. Chomping at the bit to do more than watch, but I understand why I am watching.

Laura - sorry about the weather! That's not fun! So exciting about the class!

Shelly - so glad to hear your groin injury is feeling better! Enjoy your run and your day off!! Have fun with GS C&T!

Good morning everyone!

Thanks to everyone for the advice on adding distance and not time! I will definitely do that!

Christine - That happens to me all the time! I hate it! I look so forward to being able to sleep in.....and my eyes pop open at 4:15. It never fails x( enjoy your rest day!

Shelly - glad your injury is feeling better! Enjoy your run and C&T! I always "cheat" on those pushups! I just do a few sets :+ I know I should do them all, but when I am working out before work, I cheat to save time. I know...."shame on me" ;-)

Wendy - Enjoy the TM run and Power Class!!

Laura - I am so glad your class went well! Sounds like they really enjoyed it! Have fun with it!

Sunny - Oooooo! Imax 3! I haven't done that for a couple of months! I love it! Enjoy it!

Cathy - I am thinking of splitting my workouts up like that when I get back from vacation. That seems to workout pretty well. Hope you have a good workout!

YEsterday, I ran 5 miles on the TM and did Killer Butt. (Trainer's Edge workout).

This morning I ran 4.25 miles and did a premix of PP upper body with 2 sets and the corework from High Step Challenge. I love that core section!

Hi to everyone that checks in later ....and even if you don't check in later :)

Linda

G'morning Cheetahs!! So far no rain today, let's hope it holds off for the cookout!!! ;-)

I made a big batch of venison chili in the crock pot. That way the Indian guys that Greg works with can eat it (they don't eat beef). I'm sure Christine understands! And everyone always loves it anyway. I think there should be about 20 people here. At least we'll be outdoors, but of course it's still pretty clean so just a quick tidy & run of the vacuum will be fine. (because I'm sure people will be in to at least use the bathroom! ;-) )

Since I did IMAX 3 y'day instead of resting, I'm calling today my rest day. I'll be running around like a chicken w/ my head cut off, but no *real* exercise. I'll do some pilates & stretching tonight though while watching Survivor. ;-)

OK, sorry I've been so bad about personals lately, I am reading all of your posts though!!! Have a great day!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..good job on 6 miles yesterday!! Yes I was shocked about Willa getting booted. I didn't watch last night but read since Sara left they didn't boot anyone! I do agree Jerry should be next though.

Christine...thank you....you really are very sweet. I knew that about as soon as I met you...:)...enjoy your rest day today.

Linda...good workout, I agree as the corework in HSC is my favorite!

Sunny...had alot of rest yesterday, but feel a bit yukky this morning. Have fun with Imax3!!

Wendy....I bet you would like Calif! Come and visit anytime...:)..enjoy your Power Class and TM run later...

Shelly...thats great about your groin! Have fun with the push ups....(my least favorite exercise!)

Judy...I ended up only working a few hours yesterday so I could come home and rest. I just feel zapped of my energy. I hope it just stays a head cold though and doesn't go into my chest...that would be a pain!! I have not done those leg conditioning drills in a long time!

Elaine...so you get to use your DH's Garmin....a few of us here hade them and LOVE them...:)

Laura...thanks, the run yesterday was kinda tough so I cut it to 4 miles and didn't push for a tempo run. Your comment about rain made me check our weather...we always have a weird Oct, it is suppossed to be about 85 today!

Laurie...you got lots done on your days off!! Thanks for visiting my pics...:)...yes, I feel bad about DH not doing the Elliptical, I wish he cared more about the health of his body...

Elaine (TYR)..yes, I did come down with a cold. This one is a strength zapper...I usually still workout just not as hard...:)

Susan...it probably felt good to get a run in...sorry about the sciatica ache...

Okay..a confession...I was laughing at the Donut Checkin here the other day (I hate donuts!), then was reading some thread in the open forum about chocolate this and that microwaved (that about gagged me) and I decided I must be the most bizarre person as sweets are so far down my list....chips and salsa anytime...:)

Well, today will be Back & Biceps of something, maybe MM and then an Elliptical workout.

Have a good day...:)

Jess...we were posting at the same time!! I would say these days, venison is ALOT better for you than beef!!! I will be watching Survivor too...:).

Carole - I love chips and salsa!!! But...I have an awful addiction to chocolate! Wish I knew how to get rid of it :+ You are very, very lucky! :) Enjoy your elliptical and MM B&B!

Jess - Hi there! That was nice of you to make the guys chili! I used to work with an Indian (India) doctor and a few from Pakistan. I was so neat, because when the drug reps would cater lunches, we would get the yummiest different ethnic foods! I loved it! Okay....gotta get my mind off of food for a while! ;-) Enjoy your "rest day", even though you will be running around like crazy!

Linda

Good morning ladies,

I am going to take a rest day today. I am watching my girlfriends 2 year old while she goes to the Dr. It will be good to get some laundry done today and some stuff around the house.

I lost 3lb since I have cut back on the cardio. It is so funny that that always happens to me. I don't eat nearly as much when I don't do as much cardio and you guys know how much I love my food}( I hope I can keep it off. I am always going up and down 3-5 lbs.

Well, I have been doing lots of great yoga dvd's. I have only 2 more days until Bryan. I am very excited. I love taking classes from my mentors.

Anyway, I am off to make breakfast for my girls. I will be back later with personals. Have a great day and great workouts!

Susan

OK, I really should be getting more done, but here I am taking a break!!!! ;-)

Susan ~ I'm right with you. Since running the marathon, I think I've *lost* 3 lbs. I always gain when I run longer because I'm so darned hungry all of the time & when I eat more carb my body doesn't like it. Even though I'm burning it off, I'm weird that way!!! And my appetite is WAY down.

Have fun w/ Mr. YP! I don't have any of his DVD's but they sound great!

Hope your girls ate a yummy breakfast! ;-)

Yes, I agree! I've gotten so used to eating it in chili, tacos, etc that I like it better!! My kids don't know the difference either. My dh usually gets 2 deer a year so we stock up. But now we're almost out, good thing he's going hunting this weekend! ;-) (bow hunting season)

Oh goodie, another Survivor fan! ;-)

Carole ~ I hope you feel better. I feel the same way. I wake up feeling really yucky & seem to get better as the day goes on. Still coughing a little bit & the drainage is yucky.

I hate donuts too, just way too sweet for me. I'm not as much of a sweets eater either, I like dark chocolate (the darker the better) & cheesecake, those are my 2 vices!! ;-) Good thing I don't make cheesecake too often! I haven't had white bread in a long time. I do love chips & salsa or anything w/ salsa!! I made a taco dip that I know I'll be digging into later!!

Have a good workout!

HI Cheetahs-

I didn't get to check in early today, but here I am now.

Carole- you are so funny with the lack of a sweet tooth. It is unusual I agree, to mmet a woman who doesn't like sweets. Dh loves chocolate and so do both DD's. In fact I have to have some in the house at all times for them. Ok, I like it too, but truly in small quantities or it will make me sick. The chips and salsa are definately a staple around here too! Have your see nthe Garcia chips? They are fairly simple made from corn, canola oil, salt and lime. They have only 45 grams of fat perserving and more protein (4 gm) than most widely available chips. I get them at BJ's club.

Ok enough food talk!

except more more comment:
Jes- your chili sounds pretty good. I typically make a vegetarain variety

Today's workout was KPC premix of kicks and blocks and abs (the 51" mnute one) It was intense with out being too high impact. Plus it served as agood warm up for GS Back, shoulders and Biceps.

Time to tackle 'the list"'after 5" of reading here.

TTFN

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

I'm sneaking on line at work. My boss isn't here yet - traffic has been horrible all week!! I left early today.

I'm thinking of going through the holiday season doing something similar to the January '06 rotation. Will I lose a lot of definition - should I toss in a few weeks of heavy lifting? Or just go with the flow until January and start heavy lifting again then? I figure with the new workouts coming in and them all being circuit workouts, I could get in some great fat burning and hopefully not gain weight this year! Of course this would include running and other stuff... What do you think?

Good Afternoon everyone!
I was cleaning all morning so I didn't get a chance to check in yet.
I LOVE chips and salsa, any kind of chips actually. Salt is my downfall not sweets.
I can't figure out how to scroll up and answer and say hi to everyone by name so HELLO all!!!!
I did Get Ripped Tae Bo Advanced yesterday and my legs feel it today! But it was alot of fun, haven't done it in awhile. I am doing Imax2 today. I am really excited that I have kept up with the Fat Loss Rotation this week. It is my first time trying a rotation and so far so good even though it is alot of cardio. Anyway I have laundry to fold and then a workout so talk to you all later.
BTW, what is a garmin exactly?????
LD

Shelly: Power Class is a weight training class using a barbell. It's great for me as I do not have a barbell at home. It's one of the few things I have resisted purchasing! :7 :7 }( :p

Christine: A rest day and you are bright eyed and bushy-tailed and when you have to work out you just want to roll over and bang the alarm, right? LOL Stinks, doesn't it!?

Linda: I have looked at the Trainer's Edge work outs more than once but wasn't sure about them. What do you think of Killer Butt? Do you have any others??

Carole: Don't be so quick to laugh at the sweets thing! I never had a real sweet tooth and would always much prefer salt or just fatty "real food" to sweets BUT in the past couple years I have developed quite the affinity for chocolate...oh and I find it hard to pass up a good donut once in a while as well!:eek: It may happen so watch out! :p LOL

Susan: Join the club. I am always floating around in the 3-5 pound range myself. I think that is a natural thing for most people though. I just wish I could lose 3 pounds for good to permanently LOWER that range!}(

Hello to LD, Judy, Jess and anyone else I may have missed!:)

Good Afternoon:) I'm just back from the PT and my ankle is on the road to recovery. He did some active release on my deltoid ligaments and a few tendons that wind around the medial side of the ankle. Most of it 'hurt so good' but some of it just bloody hurt!! It felt productive and I'll see him next Tuesday for more toture, I mean treatment}( :+ I did IMAX2 with a few modifications, pliee jacks feel okay, lateral hops not so okay. I'll take a rest from impact for a few weeks, get new shoes with a higher arch support and hopefully I can be running again before the snow flies:)

Not much time for personals as my FIL and Kids are due home soon and I'm off to work in 45 minutes.

Susan, I may be repeating myself but I answered you on yesterday's thread and wasn't sure if you saw it. I am ideed a Registered Massage Therapist and a certified yoga teacher (they go together very nicely). I think it's great that your doing yoga for your sciatica, it is a condition I see lots of in clinic and have great results with.

Cathy, soooo what did premix did you enjoy this a.m.?:)

Sunny, IMAX3! What a way to kick start your day!!

Laura, crazy weather here today, rain then blue skies and sunshine now we're back to rain again.

Wendy, what's a Power Class? Sounds intense}( (I see someone else wondered too!) I got my barbell as a gift from my best friend when I was Matron of Honour at her wedding in '01. I thought it was a great gift:)

Shelly, so glad to hear your groin pain is abating!! Drop set pushups keep this Cheetah very humble:)

Christine, enjoy your rest day, hope the traffic isn't too bad when you leave work.

Linda, sounds like a great workout, if it wasn't for the great premixes I would rarely use PP.

Carole, it doesn't surprise me that you don't have a sweet tooth because you are already sweet enough;-) :) Pass the chips this way when your done:+

Jess, I saw the first 2 episodes of Survivor but haven't caught it the last few weeks. It used to be our favourite 'everyone cuddle up on the couch' show but now we do that to Lost (terrific story telling in that show!)

Judy, your post made me hungry:+ We've just discovered some salsa made locally and have eaten more salsa and chips in the last few weeks than in the last few years. Soooo good!:9

LD, we did the same workout today. I never get sick of IMAX2:)

Well here come my Kids so I'd better go. I haven't even had time to see the whole Drill Max clip yet. I'll see it after work.

Take Care
Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.