::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 1/11

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs :)

Today's workout is KPC-cardio only. (Originally, I'd planned a 6-mile run after school, but I've invited a few colleagues to work out to Cathe--we're all doing that Biggest Winner competition--and some of them are just getting back to fitness, so I think that's all they can handle. Actually, I hope it isn't too much for them!)

I am feeling some good DOMS from Tuesday's GS CT since I upped the weights on a few exercises. :)

Hmm, no need to catch up with personals since I was the last to post last night. Hope you all have a great Thursday! Will BBL.

Cathy :)

good mornin' cheetahs,

the biggest winner comp. sounds like so much fun! i hope you and your colleagues enjoy!

today's workout (thanks to shelly) was DM cardio UB blast. what a workout. I can tell you i burned alot of calories!!! got some good stuff to try out with my clients}( :D :p

have a fantastic day ladies:)

Hey SunnyD! Glad I could be of help}( }( }( }( }(

Good morning cheetahfriends! It's getting down to the "wire" for me!
Today will be a 40 min turn on the elliptical and a good yoga session.
This afternoon I also have a job interview. I'm staying at my same hospital but possibly going into a new position. I've been ICU charge now for several years and would like to get back into some "real" nursing. We're starting up an open heart program here.
I've had alot of experience in that field and it would be fun to get back into it.
Tomorrow will be just a 2 miler :) Then DH and I are headed down to Phoenix. Unfortunately the weather there will be unusually cold. I was looking forward to running in shorts and a short sleeve top... but the temps will range 35-55:-( Oh well....

Karen- I missed posting yesterday but I saw you had returned...
WELCOME BACK:7 :7 :7 We missed your wonderful enthusiasm!! I'm sorry your granny passed. I know how close you were to her but she went knowing she was loved! No one can ask for more. Sounds like you're on track again with your running.... WTG!

LD- A little hiatus for you too but glad to see your post again!
Sorry you've been sidelined with a nasty bug. Hopefully you're recovered enough today to get in a workout.... make it an easy one!

Carole- Any last minute words of wisdom for me???? I guess you know how highly I value your advise :)

Christine- Great job on the interval run yesterday.... you're on a real roll...grrrrrr!

Kristi- Don't sweat taking a week or so off to let your calf recover.
There's plenty of time to get in good training for your HM.

Susan- Sounds like you had a great PT session and your sciatica problem is loosing its grip. Glad to hear it!!!

Cathy- I'll be curious to hear how your friends fared with KPC! Have a good one.

Gotta go now... take care everyone!

ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs! It is almost Friday. I look forward to the weekends and time off with DH and the kids.

Anyway, I'm not sure what workout to do today. I'm still going to not do any running until Sunday, but since I did UB yesterday maybe I will do a short LB workout and stretch today. I also plan to buy some new dress shoes, black flats. Maybe that might be some of my problem, wearing heels for too long and on consecutive days.

BTW - Welcome back Karen! I'm also recently back to checking-in too.

Anyway, I will try to check back later for some personals. Have a great workout today!

Good Morning All –

Today is supposed to be a 2 mile run and yoga, but I think I’ll sub 30 minutes of PlyoX followed by Baron Baptiste’s Yoga. It’s too cold out there to go running *listens to all of the Easterners and Northerners laugh*

Cathy – Have fun taking your peers through KPC! It’ll make ‘em sweat, that’s for sure!!

Sunny – Great workout! And how fun to have fun new tortures for clients! I’m sure they love you for it!! How’s the job search going?

Shelly – only a few more days – eh? How are you doing with energy levels – bouncing off the walls yet? I’m sorry it’ll be cold, though! I guess you’ll be dressing in layers and shedding them as it warms up. Your new job opportunity sounds great for you! Would you be working day hours then or will you stick with evenings as you seem to do well with those?

Kristi – Are you on your feet a lot for work? My calves get tight if I wear heels too often. Have fun with you workout!

Hello to all who follow!

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

My step class last night was fun. It's really growing on me more and more each time I go. In the beginning I was sooo unenthused because I love Cathe and figured anyone else would bore me. Well, the choreo is totally different and I do PREFER Cathe's but the class is still tough and fun for me! I'm so happy it's not a chore to have to go to it although it CAN be a bit inconvenient for me...

After a hot shower and right before bed last night I did SM#3. I needed it. It felt good. Unfortunately though my calves are really sore and it didn't help that.

I have Yoga X on tap for today. That should help my calves some. I don't know if I'll get through the entire work out but I'll do as much as I can handle!

Cathy: The Yoga I have to do is from the X so it's a DVD. I will do as much as I can. I am actually thinking of breaking it up into 2 work outs to make it easier. Enjoy your DOMS! I can't wait to hear how your co-workers do with KPC!

Susan: Sounds like some great work outs on the elliptical. I used to just do steady state work outs on the ellip but I've gotten into the pre-programmed stuff and it's alot more fun and intense. The yoga for today is a part of the P90X program I am doing, btw.

Sunny: Any luck finding a p/t job yet??

Shelly: I admire you for being able to be a nurse. Getting through the schooling is extremely tough, or so I hear. Then to be able to deal with people who could very well be cranky, angry, etc from being sick, couped up, in pain, or whatever the case may be. Kudos to you and every nurse you work with!

Kristi: If you have the new work outs and want an awesome lower body work out, try the Leg Blast Premix on B&G! It's 45 mins of pure torture!!! Everyone who has tried it LOVES it! }( }( }(

Christine: Have fun with Plyo. I think you should do the whole thing though...not just 30 minutes!;)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...when I started on the Nuvaring BC a few years back, it didn't cause any weight gain, so hopefully the BC pills won't either for you. Good job doing that workout so late...So KPC cardio with some colleagues...that sounds fun!!

Karen...it really is nice you found a good running partner. I know that helps especially in longer runs. I have run with my running partners during long runs for the last 15 years!!

Christine...way to go venturing out in the cold!! Sounds like you dressed well for it. And passing a guy...cool...:)...I have a pair of jeans that are somewhat low, its only bad when I bend over...so I try to wear a long top...well it is cold here 27, but I think it is also clear so no snow...Let us know how you like Baron...:)

Kristi...good job on squeezing in that workout! I hope your calf is on the mend...I look forward to the weekends too, more time to workout!!

Wendy...so glad you enjoyed P90X S&A...S&H is just done at a different count and you really need to concentrate while doing S&H. When I do S&H Shoulders, bi's and tri's it takes about 80 min so it is more of a time hog than P90x S&A. Have fun with YogaX..it is a long one...

Susan...sounds like your sciatic is getting better!! I am happy your massage went well. I do have twinges of pain sometimes....my knee was feeling a bit weird the last week or so which is mostly why I cut back to 3 days a week of running. I have had some pain from bunions too, I think as I continue to eat clean and drop some weight those things will improve...:)

Sunny...good job with the DM premix!

Shelly...yes you are getting down to the wire!! I'd definitely focus on getting in a good amount of water fri and sat. Maybe some yoga friday to stretch out the muscles. Not sure what meal you have decided on the night before, but spaghetti or pizza always worked well for me. And even some cookie dough ice cream for dessert...:)

I am doing B&G standing, abs, and 30-40 min on my Elliptical. I need to squeeze in some Yoga but not sure I'll have time...

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! Tired Cheetah here & not from getting up to work out!! I got a call last night about 9:45 from my neighbor (who are friends of ours). He said his wife was choking & the ambulance was on the way but wondered if I could come stay w/ the kids? (9yo dd & 2yo ds) OF COURSE! Slipped on my tennis shoes & ran over there. (literally ran!) Their 2yo ds had woken up in the commotion. He knows me so at least I wasn't a total stranger, but he still cried a good 15 minutes for his Mommy & Daddy. I finally got him settled down & he stayed up til 11:30! Poor kid was so tired but just did not want to go to sleep so we rocked in the chair & watched SpongeBob. ;-) I crashed out on the couch too & they got home around 1AM. Poor Christine was pretty out of it, they had to put her under to get the food that was lodged in her throat out!!! Anyway, excitement in our little neighborhood for the evening! They were so grateful that I came to stay w/ the kids, but I know they would have done the same if something had happened to one of us. But I'm a bit tired this morning!

So... PLB is on tap for later. I ended up doing the WP Ball workout & then PUB's abs y'day afternoon. That was almost an hour workout. (plus I did IMAX 2 in the morning! :p )

OK, more to do around here. It's a cold, grey day, another great day to be home! I'm glad that we got our errands done on Monday! Have a great Thursday!

Jes- Thank G. your neighbor is OK! You are a true friend! Yesterday was quite a WO for you!

Shelly & Carole- It is so encouraging to read about Cheetahs getting ready for races! This is such a valuable and friendly check in group. (((( hugs )))) to all of us! I am so excitred for you both!

Wendy- How fun a live step class! FYI when my calves are really sore ( after a hilly run for example) I have to drop my heels off a step and stretch them (one at a time ) several times per day.

HI Christine! Enjoy the yoga today! Yes, I am laughing at your 'too cold to run' comment.

Hi also to Kristi, Sunny, Cathy and LD :)

Today was Muscle Max. I started out the week planning to do one body part per day, but added ( a few) leg exercises to my back WO on Tuesday and omitted shoulders y'day. So today I did Muscle Max. It was a nice change and my chest and back got done twice this week.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hello Cheetahs! I ended up working out yesterday. I did cardio from LIC. It wore me out! Today I am going to take it easy again. I am going to do Tae Bo extreme. I am feeling better day by day.

Cathy, Sounds like fun today. I haven't worked out with other ppl in a long time.

SunnyD, Glad you had a good w/out.

Shelly, Good luck with the job interview.

Kristi, Hi. I don't think I have talked to you before! Have a great day1

Christine, Exactly how cold is it there? It is about 30-35 here I think. (Philly)

Wendy, Glad you had fun at step last night. I think that I like the Leg blast premix on B&G better than the regular w/out. Have a good day.

Carole, sounds like you have a good w/out planned.

Jess, That sounds scary. It is always good to have neighbors like you. I know my neighbors are great. Enjoy PLB.

Judy, Sounds like you had a good w/out today. I am thinking about doing one body part a day myself.

Ok. I think that is everyone. Hi to all that follow and everyone have a great thursday!
LD

Good Morning Cheetahs. We really should get some T-shirts for all of us. How cute would we be. Today I decided to give the old IT band a killer speed interval run. I faired out so good. I am extremely happy. I ran for about 35 minutes of really fast repeats. Then I did 30 min of Brayn Kest Meditation. It is so hard to meditate but worth it.

Let's See
Cathy- enjoy your run with your friends.

ShellyC- I missd you to. Thanks for the well wished about my grandmother. I think of her so often now. It was really weird not to send her out a Christmas card this year. I kept looking for who I was missing until it dawned on me it was her. As for running, I am trying to be smart. We will see how long before my ocd type A personality comes in to screw it up. Ha Ha

Kristi- Gald we are both back. I totally enjoy my weekends with dh and the girls. Plus I enjoy my shelf envoked Friday yoga clause.

Carole- I am trying to get my dh in to working out again. We have the treadmill but I am really considering an elliptical for him as well as myself. It can't hurt for me to get a new toy either. Do you have and suggestion as to which kind to get. It looks as if the bigger the feet holders are would seem to be a benefit.

Jess- So sorry about your friend. You are a great friend as well. Did I miss your post about when your triathon is. Let me know.

Christine- Enjoy Baron. He is on Bryan Kest ( if you get my drift Mr YUMMY in my book) but he will do.

Wendy Wendy Wendy- Enjoy Yoga X. I'm sure you can do it all. Your better than you always give yourslef credit for. I have found a new evil love in my life. Chex MIX.

Sunny and Judy and all else to follow. Enjoy your workouts and days.

karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Hey all - quick post to let you know what I thought about Baron Baptiste's Long and Lean Yoga. In a word - "OUCH!!" It's a great workout - each pose is held long enough to make you shake, which as Susan pointed out, doesn't happen in Power Yoga. I had forgotten about that aspect of Yoga! I feel it in my shoulders, back, abs, arms, chest - just about everywhere! And I don't usually feel anything but relaxed after yoga. This workout is actually harder than any of the others I have, and I think it's a wonderful addition to my library. THANKS Susan. About Baron - he is chatty, but as he's talking about the poses, what each is doing and why you do it, I didn't mind the chatter. He has a soothing voice and he sooo doesn't look like a yoga dude - a motorcycle dude maybe, but not a yoga dude. I think that's why I like him. :p

I only have one complaint - he kept saying that by standing this way, or moving that way, you would get longer - I'm 5'10 - I don't NEED to get longer... :+

Okay, I’m laughing here. I am more physically tired from 35 minutes of PlyoX and yoga than I was from S&H T&B and a 5 mile interval run. How funny is that? I feel good, though. I was thinking about it and the Baron Baptiste Long and Lean is more like a yoga class than any other video I’ve used. I like that aspect of it.

Wendy – Glad you are enjoying your step class! Yoga X will help a bit with the sore calves – enjoy it. I can do about 45 minutes of it then I get tired of it. :p I wanted to do the whole thing of PlyoX – I think the first part is the hard part, then it gets easier. I did manage to get most of it in. I like that workout, actually. It reminds me more of my Krav classes. I love Cathe, but I love the manly feel of the P90X workouts too – I’ve played with the boys for so long that I’m used to that. I’m even one of the weird ones – I LIKE KenpoX.

Carole – you’re also getting down to the wire! Sunday is going to be a big day all around. I’ll be thinking of y’all while doing yoga – a tamer one than Baron! :+ But, I do like his workout and style. Enjoy B&G Standing – that’s one of my favorites!

Jess – HOW SCARY! Wow! I’m glad you were able to get over there in time and Christine survived everything okay. Of course they would do the same – it’s good having neighbors you can count on, isn’t it? Enjoy PLB!

Judy – sounds like a good workout! I’ve decided that if you’re not used to the cold, it’s harder to deal with, so that’s my excuse – well it was windy, too. Cold and windy – not good running weather. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it… :p

LD – Glad to hear you’re feeling better! LIC Cardio is tougher than it looks, isn’t it? Enjoy Tae Bo Extreme! That’s one of the more fun Tae Bo workouts. Billy seems to be having so much fun with it. “Put the blood in the muscle!” It was 29 degrees here this morning, although now it’s 45. We have pretty big temperature swings. Saturday it’s supposed to be 19 degrees. That’s wild. You see that temp in Tahoe, not the Bay Area!

Karen – WOW! Great workout! If the IT Band can handle that, it can handle anything! I wasn’t aware that Mr. YP had a meditation DVD. I might like that. I need to meditate more. For some reason, though, Mr. YP’s voice gets me. He’s gorgeous and wonderful to look at, but I need to mute him. But I only have one DVD from him, so maybe it would be different with another one. I enjoyed the yoga today!

Happy Thursday All!

Okay ladies...I'm about to change my clothes and attack Yoga X! I'm not quite sure how I want to do this. I was thinking of starting with the balancing poses since I've never gotten that far yet. I can always go back to the beginning and do the first part last if I am actually inclined to do it all at once! If not, I am going to try to do the last 45 mins now and the first 45 tonight!

Wish me luck! I'll need it!:p

I'll be back for personals when I'm done. :)

Hi Wendy- We'll both be tackling YogaX today. I actually like this workout better than Mr. YPs! The length doesn't seem to bother me either. Thank you so much for your kind words about being an RN. It can be tough at times. I can't count how often I've been hit, pinched, kicked.... at least I've avoided being bitten:) However , the rewards more than compensate for these times.

Christine- I do feel full of energy today... my elliptical run went by in a flash. Since I worked last night I definitely am not at the climbing the wall stage... maybe tomorrow;-) I really have a dilemma about what to wear for this race with the cold weather!!!! I keep coming up with plans and then discarding themx( At the expo they sell special warm up suits for only $7.00 that you can peel off while running. I may go for one.

Carole- Did you say cookie dough ice cream!!!!! yum yum, okay, my menu is set! Thank you as always for your steady wise advise!

Jess- How nice of you to come to the aid of your neighbors like that! Kudos to you for being there in a true time of need. At last the food wasn't stuck in her airway!

Judy- Thanks for your encouragement. It means so much to me!!!!

Time to get ready for this interview... later y'all!

ShellyC

Hey there folks!

Well I did the 2nd half of YogaX. I'll do the first half later tonight. I ALMOST went and did the first half too but I thought better of it rather quickly!:p :7 I liked the 2nd half however I did NOT even TRY the crane pose! That's just nuts! :eek: LOL I also was not down with the OHM (sp?) garbage at the end. I didn't mind sitting there for a minute and breathing but there was no way I was gonna "use my voice"!:7 :7

Carole: Thanks for the info on S&H. I've considered buying it for a long time now. I think I will continue to wait...I'm sure one day I'll cave though!}(

Jess: Enjoy PLB!

Judy: MM is a great work out! Hope you enjoyed it! I'm trying to stretch my calves when I think of it today.

LD: I know what you mean about the Leg Blast premix! I did B&G 3 ways before I did the premix and NONE of them gave me the DOMS that the premix did! I did just standing, just floor and the full work out but only got the 3 day DOMS from the LB premix!}( Smart to take it easy again. You'll be back at it soon enough. :) Mentally I know how challenging it can be to rest when you are sick. Even though your body is telling...more like BEGGING you to rest...your brain is shouting "go go go!"! LOL

Christine: I'm laughing at your I don't need to get longer comment! Too funny! :7 I have not tried KenpoX though I did get a taste of it in Cardio X when I did it. I won't be doing that one this week as I'm running instead but I will do it next week. I hope I like it too. :)

Karen: Now it's Chex Mix, ey? :9 Good choice! Even tastier then wheat thins!:7 Good job on the meditation! I could NEVER sit through that. I have too many ants in my pants!:p

Shelly: Wow I never realized nurses were not only "beaten up" verbally but physically too? YIKES! You deserve even MORE kudos now girl!:)

So I have a $50.00 Amex gift cheque burning a whole in my pocket. I have to return those bands I bought to Modells so while I am there I have a list of things I want to buy...}( }(

1) push up bars (I have one "delicate" wrist)
2) 5# ajustable ankle weights
3) (4) 2.5 pound plates that will fit my new adj. DB's so that I go up to 25# w/both arms at once
4) a barbell that my weight plates will fit on

I don't know if I'll find it all there or how much of it I will actually get today but I'm psyched to go shopping! I'm going to go with Joey in a little while...DH is working overtime and then is going straight to his bowling league so I have no reason to be home until DS needs to go to sleep!}(

What did Wilma and Betty used to say........"CHAAAAAAARGE IT!":7 :7 :7

Out of curiosity - has anyone used the podrunner podcasts from iTunes? They're free and are set BPM's so you can get a good groove on. Kind of an interesting concept - if you want music for steady state runs.

Shelly - those $7.00 suits sound like a good idea. You won't worry about stripping that off. I've heard gardening gloves (that you can get from OSH or Home Depot or whereever) are also great as they're only a few bucks - we brought those to Half Dome to hold on to the cables to reach the top (not fun!). I like Yoga X better that Mr YP too. I don't know why!

Wendy - good job on the second half of YogaX. Yeah, some of those balancing moves kind of leave me scratching my head. I have determined that I am NOT a pretzel - even though I'm fairly flexible, there are limits! Have fun shopping!!! Sounds like a nice list!

Actually, the iTunes podcasts include Yoga, meditation, and actually about anything you can put out via audio... Amazing...

Hi cheetahs~
The girls were spanked by the KPC cardio mix – granted, a couple of ‘em haven’t worked out since their kids were born. But they did say they liked it, so it sounds like we might give it another go next week. Then again, we'll see how they feel about it tomorrow...:)

Sunny :: how did your clients like their DM-inspired workouts? I think that one and B&G are my favorites of the new four.

Shelly :: hope the interview went well! When will you find out? The $7 suit does sound like a good plan. I can imagine your indecisiveness – sometimes it is hard to gauge how to dress for the weather just for a training run – and you’re gonna be out there for the long haul!! So, it’ll be good to have something you can discard if you need to and not care about it.

Kristi :: I’m looking forward to the weekend, too…no DH or kids…just in need of a serious breather after this week! Oh yeah, the heels will exacerbate your calf issues.

Christine :: Well, *I’m* certainly not laughing at you for thinking it’s too cold out there…Though I used to run in frigid conditions all the time, I’ve become more of a wuss – spoiled, I guess, by the relatively mild winter we’ve had. (I can’t *ever* remember running in shorts & a tee in *January* before!!) Now that things are on the chilly side again, the dreadmill is looking better and better to me! :) Glad you liked Baron so much! I’ll have to take a peek at that one. I would like to become Long & Lean. According to the school nurse, I have shrunk by one inch! (She’s got me at 5’3-and-a-half. So, I can afford a stretch. :) I’ve seen the podrunner podcasts but haven’t tried any. Recommendations?

Wendy :: I haven’t tried the B&G Leg Blast…you’ve got me intrigued. Would it be a good substitute for GS Legs? I’m supposed to do that one tomorrow. How'd you make out on your shopping spree? *lol* Had to laugh @ Wilma & Betty's classic line. That was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid.

Carole :: thanks…here’s hoping it won’t make me pork up! :) I am already having a hard time as it is keepin’ the appetite in check this week. I’m wondering if all these workouts (w/ no rest days) is driving my increased hunger. Great workout – did you manage to get in some yoga?

Jess :: that’s some drama you had last night! Glad your neighbor’s OK. Enjoy PLB.

Judy :: ((((HUGS))) backatcha :)

LD :: *lol* Is Tae Bo “Extreme” really taking it easy?? Glad you’re feeling better! Are you geared up for Saturday’s game?

Karen :: great job on the interval run (sounds intense!) followed by meditation! How’s the IT band feelin’ afterward?

OK, time to relax...I could begin tackling the work for my grad classes, but I think I need a night of peace and quiet and lounging around a bit.

Enjoy your night, cheetahs!
Cathy :)

G'evening Cheetahs!! Well, I fought off yet another migraine. I don't know WHAT my deal is lately. I haven't changed anything that I can think of. If it keeps up I'm definitely talking to the Dr. I took my Imitrex right at the start & was feeling better soon at least. I did get PLB accomplished & felt like Super Carole (ok, not quite!). I did do 48, 53, 58 lbs for the squats/ plie squats! }( And I was so happy to get to use my high step, I could really feel the difference from using my bathroom step before!! LOL

Greg helped me finish stripping the border in Hannah's room, it's all down!! Now we have to tape the trim & get things ready to prime/ paint. She was excited to see the border down.

And... the good news is that we're joining the YMCA!!! Yeah!!! So I will be able to use the treadmill, elliptical, other equipment plus have access to the pool to train for the triathalon!! (which is June 2nd, I think someone asked). They've having a good deal now w/ no sign up fees & my dh gets a corporate discount from his work. Oh, and free childcare!!! I'm soooo excited, can you believe I've been working out at home for 8 yrs & NEVER been to the gym???? Plus the kids will be able to take swimming lessons & we'll get a discount when they play soccer in the spring (Greg coaches).

Oh, and one more thing... my neighbor was doing fine today. Greg stopped by her desk at work (they work in the same building) & she said that she was tired but feeling ok. I guess she has had this happen before, but not as severe. It's a problem w/ her esophogus. Anyway, I was glad to know that she was ok!

OK, enough babble from me. Off to play Hungry Hippos yet again w/ Allison. ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.