::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Think Positive Saturday

Gloria :: thanks for the vibes. Definitely understand the bittersweet feelings surrounding school closing.

Kath :: Sweet compliments you've been getting! Enjoy displaying those guns.

Shelly :: what crowing, silly? You are the last person who could ever be accused of being a braggart! Thanks for the kind words about teachers, but really, every job has its challenges, rewards, and perks, doesn't it? Certain times of the year are a little crazier for us than others. *Shrugs* It's just part of the deal. :) Still gotta love it. I'll tell you, though, I really, really admire the moms who work FT (any profession). I truly do not know how they do it!...LMBO about DH running with you only if he were on fire.

Wendi :: hope you were able to get home early and enjoy dinner out.

Christine :: Oh, feel free to crash in our room, too...loved your Friday enthusiasm! Crackin' up at the 3 "Cs" talk.

Carole :: :7 Thanks for "gettin' it." *lol* about Rudy RIP. Saw the episode being referenced. Things are getting too crazy this season!! I did find the testing center with no problems--thanks! Nice early Friday for you.

Judy :: Oh yeah, nice workout!

Wendy :: that's funny, I feel the opposite about the ICs. To each her own, of course. :) You'll get the hang of the TGUs, I'm sure...Sorry the TM is still psychin' you out. I thought taking it slow and forgetting about speed would do the trick. Hope you can shake that soon.

Jackie :: I find the ab work with the pullup bar insane in the + workouts, so I'm with Christine on being way impressed!

Posh :: ha ha! :7 Good ol' Frank.

Dallas :: I had to laugh. I don't shop there, but man, that place reeks! I hate just having to pass by it. The dizziness, however, is not funny. I hope it's passed. Don't know the answer to the premix question. It's not listed in the catalog, either.

I woke up at 4 am. Had a dream that I overslept and had only 20 minutes to get to the testing center. That struck fear in my heart, so I was wide awake after that. :7 Definitely got some nervousness going on here, but after I hit post, I'm going to get myself ready and practice some positive self-talk and visualization. :7

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_yoga.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_yoga.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_yoga.gif

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hi Cheetahs!

I just wanted to pop in before I leave for my TNT run, and tell Cathy that I'm sending lots of good wishes and anti-anxiety vibes!!!! You'll do great!!!:D Sorry, you woke in such a panic. Hate when that happens! x( BTW, I don't feel dizzy anymore, so hopefully this will be a good run! It was just too much this week. I'll be happy being a bum w/my kids next week! Yippee!!

BBL for the rest of you Cheetahs!

I'm not sure where I'm going, so better Google directions. ;-)

Good Morning Cheetah Gang!

My eyes are a bit puffy this morning due to my melt down last night. Andy thinks I am crazy for being so upset, but he just doesn't understand. I enjoyed some time with him this morning.

Cathy: You will be successful on your test today. You have the experience and have worked hard. :)

Hello to everyone! I will post personals when the thread picks up. Have a great day. Not sure what my workout will be.

Good Saturday Morning :)

Think I'll just do some weight thing --PUB and CoreMax. I noticed I haven't taken a day off from cardio, should make today the day :)

Cathy: Good Luck. Fingers and toes crossed for you :) :)

Gloria: That's so sweet you will miss the kids. I'm sure you will enjoy your time off.

Dallas: Dizziness is not good. I hope you have a great run today and enjoy your time off :) You are one super busy mom.

I'll be back. Gonna grab some yogurt and a banana. :)

Morning cheetahs... have to get out there soon a get my run in... it's going to be a sauna out there today with temps in the 90s:eek:
The BBC workout yesterday really challenged me!! Hopefully it will feel easier today.

Christine- So did you decide to do the Century ride? I'll bet those kettleballs do cause alot of comments at work. Any converts there yet? That Aussie pic was just too darn cute.... way up there on the awwww factor!

Carole- Nice short work day for you yesterday... how nice! Did you squeeze yoga in? How was the interval run?

Jackie- DH did restrain himself yesterday... but that was probably because I deliberately didn't bring much cash. So how are you at pullups anyway? I'll die of jealousy if you tell me you routinely do 10 in a row!!

Wendi- I'd love to have any cheetah over for a visit in my Philly apt!! Very interesting treadmill syndrome you have there! It's mental for sure but I wish I had a magic formula to tell you about. Maybe you should just use the EXT for a few weeks. If you keep up with a long outdoor run once a week I don't think it would hurt your training at all.

Cathy- We're with you in spirit!!! Good luck--- I'll bet you'll be ready for a nice long stress relieving run tomorrow!

Dallas- Hope you get in a nice fun TNT run today and have a great time being a "bum" this week!!

SunnyD- Hiya! Love your Allwyn quote!

Kath- Have a great iron pumpin day!

Heading out now for a 5 mile run and later will be Chest/Abs BBC plus cardio . Also going over to BILs later to pick up DH's boat.. so he is all excited.

tata

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...you are welcome...:D...http://bestsmileys.com/textinbubble2/14.gif[/img] with the NB testing today!! Re Dexter, I might have to call DirectTV about getting Showtime, they won't let me do it online...:(, guess I have an old package...

Gloria..sorry about your sad time with school being done. I can see how that would happen. Hopefully you will feel better in a few days...sending {{{HUGS}}}

Shelly...I did get in yoga yesterday, The interval run went well, my times are getting a bit faster...:)..Enjoy your 5 mile and chatty Rich!...I bet DH is way excited about getting the boat. How far is local fishing for him?

Posh..thanks for the Sinatra song!!! Good Luck tomorrow in Sac. Let us know how the 5K goes.

Dallas...any tornadoes?? I hate going in perfume ridden stores...yuk!! Hope the TNT run is a fun one today.

Today I am doing a mish mosh of KM punching & kicking combos alternating with some of Amy's ITR intervals.

Have a great day...:)

Happy Saturday Lovely Cheetahs!

First of all: GO CATHY GO!!! I have fingers and toes crossed for you! I’m thinking of you! Thanks for the offer to crash with you Friday – I may take you up on it. I’ll get in a workout on Sat morning, then go meet Carole at the airport. I don’t want her to get lost. :p

Wendy – I ordered “Awake the Body” (easier to say than the real title). Thanks. And I ordered it through your link. Yes, the Vaseline seemed to do the trick pretty well. I was despairing of ever getting that handle on.

Carole – Too funny about your DH not believing that the Aussie was an Aussie. So many people look at the black Tri’s and don’t think they are Aussies. (I get asked if Jimmy is a Bernese Mountain Dog the most!). Enjoy your workout! Sounds like fun!

Posh – Thanks for Frank!!! That was fabulous!

Dallas – Enjoy your run this morning! How far today? I cannot stand going into Abercrombie. The music is too loud and the perfume is everywhere. I think you did get your tired/dizzy spell from there. :+

Gloria – Hang in there sweetie. Change is always tough. Hope it all works out for you. But, in the mean while, enjoy your summer! Men don’t understand how deeply women can care. I think it’s one of the greatest things about being female. Hope you had a good cry last night and are enjoying your relaxation this morning.

Kath – enjoy your weight day today!

Shelly – Enjoy your run today! Hope you get it in before it’s too hot! I’m going to do a long ride for sure. It might be the 65 mile Napa ride (they do offer a 100, but it’s 5000 feet of climbing – that’s HARD!). We’ll see. I would definitely like the Moab ride – another friend might do it with me as well, which will give DH something to do (he and his wife will come and they are good friends of ours). Actually, I got two converts on the kettlebells. One of the girls in my office is trying to lose weight and has seen what the bells have done for my waist. She’s very interested. And one of the guys I work with who is into heavy weights tried them and really liked the way they feel, so he’s going to get one and play with it. Have fun today! It’ll be nice having a boat. I miss being on the water!

Today will be a longer ride. As my chain ring is still messed up (I really just should buy a new bike, but they are expensive!) I can’t really ride outside yet, so I’ll do a Spinervals today. I’m thinking the VR one around Lake Placid – see how far I can get. I won’t wear a HRM because when I do I’m too caught up in keeping a certain HR, and for this kind of endurance ride, I really need to worry more about how I feel. We went out with friends last night, and I simply have to put a stop to nights out with these friends. I adore them! But DH and Mark turn into different people when they are together and they just want to party like teenagers. I’m a little hung over, but I just ate, and am feeling better. So we’ll see how far I go. I also have to go grocery shopping, and I’m helping a friend at her dog training class. She is working with dogs who lunge at other dogs while on leash. My job is to handle her dog Mojo who will be the “other” dog (lungee if you please). It’s not as bad as it sounds as the majority of the dogs in the class are toy breeds. I think there is one lab. Have a great day all!

Hi cheetahs--

I read all of the above and want to express my heartfelt thanks for the support & good wishes. Much, much appreciated! I am finding myself kinda pooped and will opt for a little nap now, but I promise I'll BBL with personals.

Love ya's! :*

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Hi There Cheetahs.

I read everything but am exhausted so I need a nap before I hunker down and do personals. I was out late hanging with my BFF and then up early this morning to get to the gym and headed straight up to my mom's for shopping afterwards. We got home about an hour ago and I had to do the lunch thing and get DS settled for his nap. It's all done so now it's time for mamma to go down for the count! LOL

I chose to do my intervals via inclines on the TM this morning. After that I ran for 15 minutes and actually made it to 1.46 miles. That's much closer to my normal pace then I've been getting! My speed started at 5.0 and slowly increased to 6.1. I obviously didn't have as much trouble today but it's still too soon to get excited about. The last time I assumed my problem was resolving itself cause I had a good day I ended up having an absolutely terrible time with the very next run! I'll just be thankful that THIS one was decent for now...:)

Okay, I'm ready to drop over here...I'll be back after my nap!

Ciao!:)

Cathy - Glad you're done! Take a nice nap then let us know how it went!

Wendy - Good job on getting your treadmill use closer to normal today! Good for you! Enjoy your nap with Cathy! :+

I ended up doing 90 minutes of Spinervals Lake Placid. I would have liked to do more, but I just ran out of time. So I'll finish it after my TT workout tomorrow. Off to shower and then go help with the doggie class.

Hi Friends-

Wendy- Yey! you did better on the TM!

Cathy- a belated wish for luck today, but I am sure you did fabulous.

Shelly- That 90 & humid front reaches from western NY to southern NJ! It more like Hilton head Island in August here this weekend.
OK, now I miss my pool from the old house!

We golfed at 7:30 to beat the heat, but we were soaked any way. Then DS & I did landscape work, edging (more like trench digging) and spreading mulch. We lasted 2 hours and that was enough. New we are clean and resting. We have a graduation party in a few hours. And 6 more this month!

Gotta to do a card and check combo for this kid. Ta Ta!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/back.gif

No nap, after all, but I've been enjoying sloth mode (which included more episodes of Dex, Carole. OMG, what a shocker with Lt. LaGuerta!)

Dallas :: Hope you had a good run. I'm glad the dizziness is no more. I think the weirdest dream like that I ever had was: in my dream, I woke up all panicked b/c I was late to school. When I got there, there were no other cars in the lot. And then I realized it was Saturday. :7

Sunny :: you made me smile...thanks! :7

Gloria :: Hey, you had a deep connection with this class. It's quite understandable. You're letting go of the kids *and* a trusted administrator.

Kath :: what, no salad for b'fast? ;) :7 You are the queen of salads, woman. I should be so disciplined.

Shelly :: A sauna it is out there. Yuck! You cheetahs really *were* with me today. I wore my cheetah shirt. :) And that's funny, on the way home, I kept thinking how I can't wait for tomorrow's long run. Definitely can use the mental clearing. :) So, when do you think you'll get the boat out there? Is it for the bay or the ocean?

Carole :: I see that Target has season one on sale for $24.99 starting tomorrow. I may have to add that one to the home library. What is the last episode you remember seeing? I don't want to spoil anything. I was rappin' about it with my nail technician yesterday (she's seen all of both seasons) and I shared a theory with her that's now been blown to hell. She was good; she wouldn't give up any spoilers.

Christine :: Oh, I meant to say, too, that the pooches were cute. I just love all those crazy pics that you post. You should be getting a commission on the k'bell sales! :) Good job...Glad the hangover isn't too severe. Maybe let the boys go out & be boys on their own. I have not been wantin' the CABs myself lately.

Wendy :: hey, that's not a bad idea Shelly had, either--maybe switching over to the EXT for awhile before you drive yourself insane. Hope you enjoyed your nap.

So, this cheetah who should be working is LAZING around instead. I'm telling myself I can bang out all, if not most of it, tomorrow evening. Hmmm...}(

ETA: Somehow I didn't see Christine & Judy's posts in there.

Christine :: I wound up not napping after all. Have fun with the lungers and lungees. :) That made me smile.

Judy :: My, you *do* have quite a number of graduations coming up...Thanks--I truly don't know how I did, but you have far more confidence in me than I have in myself. *lol* :7

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Been a busy day for me so far. I did KenpoX+ and iTread #22 Hilly and Steady and some stretching. KenpoX+ was lots of fun. Definitely like it better than KenpoX. Then, I had to get outside and water all my new plants. Boy, is that a pain. Think I'll do selective watering from now on. Got the rest of the boxes in the garage unpacked. I'm all finished with unpacking. Yippee!! Washed some of the windows on the back of the house and now I'm exhausted. Will chill the rest of the day. DBF should be here in about 30 minutes.

Christine - My upper body and core is really sore today. Guess those abs+ did the trick. Great job with Spinnervals today? Did DD get the job? Can't remember if you said.

Wendy - IA that abs+ is more difficult than it looks. Got all the fingers and toes crossed for you and the TM. Glad you had a better day with intervals today.

Posh - The link didn't work for me. Play button never showed up.

Dallas - Hate too much perfume too. Hope you're better today.

Gloria - So sorry you will miss your class. Sounds like a lot of emotions going on yesterday.

Cathy - Bet you were nervous about the exam. Know you did well. Think you deserve some relaxation time.

Kath - Hope you enjoyed your day off from cardio.

Shelly - Thought I would get up early enough this morning to beat the heat. But, my body wanted to rest and I didn't get outside. Used my TM instead. Smart of you to leave the cash at home. I can do about 10 pull ups but I take a pause between each one for about 5 seconds. None of that bam, bam, bam stuff for me. I also mix them up from wide arm to overhand to underhand. Hope you had a good run. Did DH get that boat?

Carole - How long do you work on Saturday? Hope you had a good kickbox workout.

Judy - Have fun at the graduation party.

Gotta run ladies. Hope you're have a wonderful weekend so far.

Jackie

Hello Again.

I have no idea how long I napped...er, more like PASSED OUT for :7 but it must have been TOO long as I woke up feeling groggy instead of refreshed. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

After I woke up I had a snack and started picking up a bit around the house. We have our doggy "house guest" back for the weekend. He's shedding like a feind and it's driving me absolutely BONKERS! I vaccuumed before he got here y'day and HAD to vaccuum again today. OMG, the living room carpet was horrendous!:eek: My dog sheds but NOTHING like this guy. MENTAL NOTE TO SELF: Never ever *EVER* own a husky!!!!:p

Oh and the best part is...DH let the dogs out this morning on his way to work (it's an O/T day for DH). They were out there for a couple hours which is not unusual. They love to play and our house is too small for that. Even when my dog stays at DH's cousin's house (the other dog's owner), they leave them outside for hours at a time. So anyway, I went to let them back into the house and when I called for them only my dog came running. I didn't think much of it as I figured Keiko was just busy doing doggy things and chose to ignore me. Well, boy was I wrong. I stepped out the door to look for him and there he was IN THE STREET! :eek: He had apparently jumped the fence! OMG, I about died! Thank god he came to the gate as soon as he saw me to come back in. Now I'm paranoid about letting them out for more then a few minutes at a time. I immediately told DH as we are supposed to take this dog for a week at the end of the month. I'm not so sure that can happen now. I will leave the decision up to DH and his cousin I guess.

So I got Tracey's Strike Zone in the mail today. I have no idea why I ordered it. LOL I've barely done any of the dvd's I've purchased over the past several months!

Here's the list...it's crazy...I definately have a problem :eek:

Tom Holland, Total Body work out: Previewed only.
Tracey, Sculpt Sweatfest: did 1 of 2 work outs one time
Amy, Kickbox Extreme: I did this one in parts a few times to learn the combos. It's been months since I did that and have yet to go back to do it in full so why did I bother?
Amy, Slow Mo Strength: Did 3 day split one time through. Haven't touched a premix.
Tracey, The Parts Series: I did Strictly Upper Body and Glute Camp one time each. I also did the little yoga/pilates segement once.
Tracey, High Intensity Kickbox Challenge: Tried it once and got frustrated with the spiderwebs and haven't gone back-it's been months. Now I find out that these same spiderweb things are in STRIKE ZONE too! ARGH!
Biggest Loser, Power Sculpt: Previewed only.
TJ live Booty Sculpt + Abs: Haven't even really previewed it yet.
TJ cardio party remix: Did it once.
Rockin' Body work outs: Did them often for the first couple weeks when I first got them in April and haven't done one since.
P90 Masters Series: I've done all of the work outs sporadically at best and only a few times each but never got around to using them in any kind of rotation and I've had them for a year probably.
Mark B's PPY trilogy: Did Vol 1 once all the way thru and only a bit of the other 2 once each.
3 Bosu DVD's: Did 2 of them a few times each and only did the other one once.

What do you think, am I certifiable or what!? :7

Christine...OMG, too funny as the Bernese Mountain dog is exactly what DH thought the tri color Aussie was!!! LMAO!!!! You are so sweet to fetch me from the Airport as YEP, I would get lost...:)...Going out with friends can be tough on the diet. Luckily for me my DH is not much of a partier. Sorry about the bit of a hangover...Hope the dog training help goes well with the lungers. Good job with 90 min of Spinervals LP.

Cathy...It was a shock with the LT on Dexter getting canned! I think the last one I saw (the finale) was Dexter finding out who Rudy was. Rudy almost killing Dex's sister and of course Dexter taking care of the BAD guy...:)..I might have to check Target out as I am sure I missed a few of Season One. I wonder if they have Season Two? So glad you got through the testing!! You deserve some lazy time.

Jackie...so glad you liked KenopX+ better than KenpoX! I have heard that so I will look forward to it. Did you mean how long do I work out on Sat? As I don't work on Sat...:)...I did about 36 min of my Kickbox mish mosh today as I was a bit tired.

Wendy....WOW...someone needs to cut up your CC!!!!....:D

I had a good workout, about 36 mins of cardio. I also did Amy's HI/LO abs. I kinda tweaked my sore hip doing one of the kicks in Amy's workout...I need to ice it and hope it won't bug me tomorrow. Now I can hear DH snoring.....wonder if I can find some duct tape...:)

Carol: It's more like someone needs to cut off my fingers so I can't type!:7 :p ;) I think I have an internet shopping addiction more so then a work out dvd addiction!:7

Well Cheetahs, I have slept the day away. I think I was emotionally drained. I have never slept this much during the day! I am in good spirits. Needless to say, I did not work out.

Dallas: I think I am too old to go into Abercrombie any more! :)

Kath: Yes, my kids were something this year. Never had a bunch quite like them.

Shelly: I hear you on the heat. It is in the mid 80's here. Hottest day of the year so far.

Carole: Thanks for the hugs, they helped me sleep today. :) Does your DH fly fish?

Christine: Your words to me meant a lot. Thank you! :) That bike ride sounds fun! I have always loved to ride my bike! I need to get it serviced this week.

Jackie: Yay for no more boxes!

Wendy: Dogs are tricky little critters! I leave miss Ellie out for long periods, but I am constantly checking on her. What can you expect, I am her mom!

Cathy: I am glad the test is over and you have had some down time. What was on the test? Teaching history, theory??? I did consider national boards for like a second. :) I admire that you are doing this! When will you know your results? I have not been to a testing center since college! I feel like I am finally getting old! Thank you for the kind words.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.