::: CHEETAHS ::: TGIF, 9/22

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs :)

Wendy :: it’s funny you say that about using the machines. While I was in Germany this summer and joined the gym there, I used machines a little more than free weights, and I don’t think I was getting as good of a workout as I do at home with Cathe.

Christine :: hope the DOMS is better. Sounds like one helluva workout!

Judy :: you’re right – no one in the outside world gets it. My friends and family have taken to calling me “Arnold” now. :)

ShellyC :: I didn’t realize I left out my workout plans. :) BTS Night fried me. If I don’t get at least 7 hours of sleep, I’m usually pretty dead on my feet. I was going to play it by ear and wound up running 5.12 miles and then followed with MM u/b premix.

Laurie :: hope the ankles are doing OK.

Jess :: maybe you can get a deal on a step on eBay?

So Jess, Karen, and Wendy are racing this weekend…anyone else?

Hi to Barb, Elaine, Carole, Adri, Colleen, Katie, Katrina, Susan, Thomasina, Gayle, Pamela, Marcia, Dina, Laura, Wendy Marie, and anyone else who drops in today.

I’m either running or doing KPC this afternoon – not sure which.

Happy Friday! Enjoy your workouts!
Cathy :)

Good morning Cathy & all other cheetahs, TGIF!

Yesterday was busy, so I only got in about 25 min. on my recumbent bike. Between work and all the new season premieres last night (Grey's Anatomy, The Office, ER) didn't have time to check-in ;).

I haven't run all week and I'll probably get some miles in this weekend. Today I did a LM premix followed by GAIAM's new balance training video using a balance trainer (wasn't really impressed with this one).

Looks like everyone is doing well!

Have a great day cheetahs:)---and enjoy today's wo!

Katrina

Cathy,

The race seems to be about the same distance from me although I have not gotten proper directions yet. So if we do this, I am wondering where we would meet that we could actually FIND one another in a crowd like that or should we meet elsewhere??

As far as the gym machines go, then I guess I'm NOT crazy. PHEW!:+

Katrina,

Hope you have the chance to run this weekend. I know I get upset when if I can't do it as much as I want to.

Mornin' Cheetahs!

Today is upper body and abs for me.

Well, tomorrow's the big day! I'm not as nervous as I was for the last one. Maybe that is because there is no tropical storm in the forecast! HA! :p The race location is a bit of a drive from me and even farther from my mom...we will both be gettin' up with the chickens for this one! :7

Joey woke up crying a couple of times last night so I am a tired Cheetah today...ofcourse he picked a night before an 8am shift at work to get upset, right? Murphy's law, I guess....ACK!x(

Hope everyone has a good friday!

Enjoy your run, Judy!

I still haven't gotten outside to do 5 miles yet! ACK! I haven't even it done it a second time on the TM either! :eek: Gotta get my butt in gear and JUST DO IT!}(

Good Morning Cheetahs!!!!
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY ITS FRIDAY!!!!!! I LOVE FIRDAY!!:+ Ok anyway!!... Friday is the day I don't go to the gym but I still do some things but its light. I did SJP abs this morning, and may just do alittle more abs after school.

Judy- Enjoy your run and stretch cheetah:) Hope you have a nice friday too!

Cathy- Can I suggest KPC? I LOVE that workout (almost much as I love friday:+:+) Just a thought;-)

Katrina- Enjoy LM cheetah! Thats a great workout! I heard Debbie(fitnessfreak366) burned over 300 calories with that whole workout!! Sweat hard}(

Wendy- I know gym machines can be kinda crazy I know. Maybe just stick with some free weights or ask someone who works there if they can help you out. Just a thought;-)Sending you (((((GOODLUCK))))) for you tomorrow!! Good luck cheetah:)

I'll be back after school and can stay on much longer too!!! Love talking with my cheetahs!

TGIF!
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...you can't go wrong with running or KPC! KPC must have been my very 1st kickbox!

Wendy...years ago when I went to a gym, there were only a few machines I liked. I have always preferred working out at home. I got Jari's RTTC and might try it tomorrow...:)..thanks, stories like John's have always broke my heart too...I just never knew it would hit this close...I guess we never do! Tomorrow is the big day!!! I am glad the weather is better....:)

Katrina...I here you about the new shows. My Tivo is working overtime!!! I think I'll be watching TV all weekend to catch up..

Christine...CC #5 was fun! I was probably the gazelle, not a huge fan of chasing someone except maybe in a race...:)...hope your sore muscles feel better today.

Judy..isn't it fun t go back to the 1st Imax...it never stops being tough!! Enjoy your 7 or 8 miles today.

Barb....remember too, twinges in your shoulders/rotators could be the weight is to heavy, be very careful working shoulders with dumbells, you have to stay fairly light. Good workout yesterday...

Colleen...thanks, seeing what my nephew has gone thru the last 2 months has showed me alot about paraplegics that I never would have known. He should be home soon and has alot of support waiting for him...:)

Shelly...which iClimb did you use? And if you missed my later post yeasterday. I don't have a treadmill....just a mental slip...:)

Laurie...glad you checked in...we missed you! Sometimes during training you will have shorter runs that seem hard...that is good it felt better after 10 min.

Karen....not to worry about my name mispelled, I rarely notice it!! I always missed step too during my first few marathon training programs...but I always did it after the marathon...don't worry about speed right now, it takes time, and races help!

Adri...yes, the Pyramid workouts are some of my favorites! I also love fridays!!

Today I'll do a 5-6 mile run PUB up only Chest & Back and some abs.

I have a very short work day today, and after a few long ones I am very happy!!!

Have a great day...

Good Morning Cheetahs,

Wendy, have fun at your race tomorrow. Yes, it does seem the day you have to get up the earliest you don't get as much sleep.

Carole, thanks for making me feel a little better about the race. My husband thinks I should beat everyone else. I guess thats why I am so nervous. Anyway, I am glad you have a short day at work, and on
Friday.
Today I am suppose run 3 miles but is raining. I wonder if I could do something else. I don't have a treadmill.

karen your a winner just for getting out there and doing it!!! you will do great!

I have been MIA for awhile. My kids have soooo much going on right now. every evening after work one of them has something they have to go to. I ran 9 miles on sunday, did my elliptical for 40 minutes on tuesday and managed to run to my boys soccer practice so I could get my workout in. I havent been getting up in the mornings and come evening after all the events I sometimes dont workout. I told myself I have to rethink my schedule and make it fit in somehow. If I get up in the mornings its easier but with it getting colder and darker out it is harder for me to get my butt out of bed. I also have had alot on my mind. I am going to the doctor next friday for a breast exam, mine have changed and that new IBC has got me scared . My breasts have increased in size within a few months and are tender alot,not pregnant either. but as a precaution I am seeing the doctor. Hopefully all the wts and pushups have just paid off ! sorry if I gave too much info on my boobs!

anyway I have skimmed through the posts the last week or so even though I havent had time to post. I am excited about cathes new workouts and cant wait to get them.

Jess goodluck on your marathon, you will do awesome!!

carole, sounds like john is doing better, good for him!!
hi to everyone else!!!

Laura- The kids can really kkeep us busy. DH is finding it very dificult to fit in workouts and still watch the kids games and his work is very demending.

OK- what did I do wrong? Or am I just getting sick? I feel awful and felt that wasy halfway into my run. I did do 8 miles because I committed to the 8 mile route. I wasn't short of breath, probably because I ran so slow! My glutes have DOMS from all the plyo jumps in Imax from yesterday and I could only run very slow. Now my calves ache, and I feel like I need to just lay down. This is unusual for me.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

G'morning Cheetahs!! Very quick checkin from me, it's been a busy morning already!!

It was supposed to rain earlier so last night Melissa called to just say she was doing to run on her treadmill. So I slept in & figured I'd run later. I ended up going after the girls went to school w/ Allison in the jogger, it was just an easy 2 mile run this morning on schedule. I felt like I was just getting started & then I was done! :p Then stretched really well, showered, and had to get Allison to school.

Now I'm off to help out in Kiersten's kindergarten class & then I'll eat lunch w/ both girls (they have the same lunch period). They both wanted me to bring soup- chicken noodle for Hannah & tomato for Hannah, so that was easy! ;-)

TWO more days, yes I'm excited & nervous & ready to get it over with!!!!! :)

TGIF & I'll be back later!

Laura, Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'll just doing my best. Not to much info. Sometimes it just helps to tell people what your concerned about. I pray it's just all your hard work.

Cathy, Have fun with KPC or your run whichever you decide to do.

Jess, Hope you had fun with your girls at lunch. Yes, soup is almost to easy. Have a great race on Sunday.

Today, I ended up doing Cardio Coach 4 instead of running because it is raining.

Hi to everyone else.

HI. Plan to do Cardio & Weights today. The run went well yesterday.

Jess, are you doing the LaSalle Bank Marathon? Way cool.

Talk later. Colleen

I'm back!! :)

Hi again, everyone!! Well, I survived the Maui Half :). Actually, I did pretty darn well, considering the last 2-3 miles were brutal for me (hot, tired, sore). I actually beat my time by 22 minutes this time around: 3:14 vs. 3:37 last time. Not stellar either way, but it moved in the right direction, and I've got Nike coming up in a month (and MAYBE the inaugural San Jose Half as well--haven't decided yet, but I would like to do it), so I've got some more chances to shave off even more time.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone :).

Jennifer

Hey everyone...

I did HSTA upper body premix and HSChallenge abs this afternoon!}(

I opted out of the compound version of the exercises where applicable b/c I did not want to work my legs today but holy cr@p, even doing just u/b from that vid is a butt-whooper!:eek: That is one AWESOME work out!}( }( }( And HSC's ab work rounded it out nicely! ;)

Wendy--great workout. I love HSC abs. Good luck on your race!!!

Judy- I hope you're feeling better. Maybe you have a virus? You are a dedicated runner to finish the 8 miles even though you weren't feeling well.

Carole -- thank you for the weight suggestions. It's very helpful

I'm hoping to hop on the elliptical tonight at the gym. I didn't have time for UB this a.m., but will do it tomorrow.

More personals over the weekend.

GOOD LUCK JESS!!!!

-Barb

:) :)

Karen....it is good your DH supports you so well! I think if you try an relax a bit in the beginning, you will have a very nice run. And you know what? We are all nervous about our races....deep breaths do help...:)

Laura...IBC is very rare, so try not to worry. Just let me know what you did to get yours to increase in size...:D

Judy...sometimes DOMS can make your runs very slow. It has happened to me before. The other possibility is you might be catching a cold with the aches...rest is good...:)

Jess...you will do well in your marathon. Especially running with a veteran marathon runner...:)

Jennifer...welcome back!! That is always great when you beat your last time!!!! Way to go!

Wendy...yes HSTA exercises are kick butt! I love HSC abs...:)

Barb...happy to help. Although sometimes I feel a little naggy...:)..Have fun on the Elliptical...

I had a great interval run this morning! It is rather windy here, but my legs not lifting much this week felt strong. The recovery week was good...:)

Hey Cheetahs!!!
I was home alittle while ago. I had track practice and did my homework. Who the hell gives homework on friday}( LOL:+ I'm kinda tired right now so I'll do a few personals and will do more later tonight and definaltey the weekend. I'm ganna go rest in a few minutes but will be up a long time tonight. We're moving so lots of stuff to do x(

Wendy- Did yea getcha A$$ kicked w/ HSTA}(}:)+ I don't have the workout but hear it kicks butt}( I have HSC (challenge)Great job!

Jess- Sending you oodles and oodles and OODLES of (((((GOODLUCK))))) for your race in 2 days!!! Good luck cheetah:)

Carol- Glad everything is going well:) Keep up your great work cheetah!

Jennifer- Glad to hear from yea again! I was really missing you;(;( If you didn't check in today I was ganna post how much I missed you
;( Glad your having a good time though!

Today was just abs. Fridays are basically my rest days except I still do some things but just light abs. Have a great weekend! Love you all:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.