:::CHEETAHS::: TGIF!!!

gdixson

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetahs!

I am still in an uproar re: this kid and his IEP. I will speak the truth during the meeting though. I am in need of a good sweaty workout! BBL!

Good morning, cheetahs! Happy Friday! :7 :7 :7

Gloria ~ IEP meetings are a hassle. I'd be ticked having one on a Friday morning, too. I actually do have a determination meeting next week. I was just talking to my principal yesterday afternoon about what a bumpy year it's been and how we are ready for the break. I really am. Hope things go smoothly this morning. Enjoy your workout.

Wendi ~ (((HUGS))) I feel for you. There HAS to be a way out of this dead-end job for you...it seems from your posts that it is robbing you of a life and the joy & happiness you deserve. I hope you can find a way to plan an exit strategy. We're here for you.

Not sure what today's workout will be, but I'll BBL to see what everyone's up to.

Hope your Friday's a stellar one! :)

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Cathy: My patience has been tested this year. It has been an incredible learning experience though. I just do not understand some parents! I have two who reward their children for being bad! WTH! My parents would have killed me for that!

Good morning beautiful cheetahs :) It's Friday :) :) Seems like the week went by so fast--now if we can slow the weekend down we will be happy campers, huh? :)

I did 6miles yesterday. Legs felt strong even against the wind :) I also killed my triceps. I'm feeling DOMS this morning }( }( I so love that }( And I think I'm getting results with some of the core work I've added as well. I had errands to run yesterday, but did manage to work on garden beds in the afternoon while DD was at work and DS was helping tutor someone in math. I'm glad I made use of that time cause looks like Saturday will be a rainy one x( I had to shop for DH's great nephew's 1st bday gift. They have some cute clothes out there. Can I say cute for a boy? :)

I also received some horrible news yesterday. My childhood friend's husband passed away in April. A massive heart attack. He was 44. They were in the process of moving from Toronto to Kansas so we had lost touch for a bit. My parents and sister went to my parents cottage in Canada this past week to open the place up and BF's mom told them the news. My sister informed me of the news via email--which I think was wrong x(
Regardless how sad? Life is so short. She is 44 and has a DD17, DD 16 and DS 14. She is trying to buy another home in Toronot to keep the kids there and oldest DD now has to enroll in Community college there because it's too late to get into The UNiversity of Tornoto. I called BF's brother last night cause I didn't want to just call her before I knew how things were. He said her son is having the hardest time. He also another sad note... they had no will. *SIGH* Just makes ya stop and think how lucky we all are huh? :) :)

Wow that was long :) I have personals now LOL :)

Jackie: Nice sweaty workout there girl :)

Dallas: I love decluttering things :) DH likes to hold onto things --so I do it when he isn't around. Oddly enough he doesn't miss what I toss :) That's so cute about DS5. My son had a few power rangers figures when he was little. He never got into that stuff like some of his friends. I remember those field days. You sound like a very active parent :)

WendY: AC sounds like fun. You have a purse full of money? Is it just you and DH going or are you meeting someone there? I had to laugh when I read your post about AWAKEN BODY during a nap. I kinda went "hmmmm that's some kinda nap" *Eye brow waggle*

Judy: Hope you are enjoying Canada. Was it a little get away? Or college thing? Sounds like you are banging out some great workouts. Im impressed on how you have stuck with it :)

Carole: I have found that without these supplements I would be run down etc. How's the weather there now? Is it cooler?

Christine: I'm sorry about your stomach issues. Sounds like maybe your body is teling you to rest :)

Shelly: Gotta love new running shoes. I have Sauconys. Love them. Sounds like you have a llot paper work for this new job. Hope you get through it all. Have you started any improvements on the house yet?

Edited to add:
Gloria: Sounds like you need a break girl :) Do something fun this weekend :) :) :)

Whew--my fingers are tired :) and the cup is empty :) I'll be back :)

Oopps I forgot to post my workout for today--silly me. I'm doing 60minutes HIIT and shoulders are on tap with some core work.}(

Mornin ladies!

Again, please excuse the rant last night. I'm trying, honestly, to try to break out of this cycle.

Unfortunately, I overslept this morning by about a half hour...not a lot but enough to nix my run for this morning. I really NEED to do something tonight after work if I can get home by 7:00 or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

Cathy - Thanks hon! I think the hardest thing has been trying to explain to certain people why I can't just pick up and leave tomorrow, as much as I would LOVE to. I guess it's my overdeveloped sense of responsibility, lol. I was sobbing last night reading the "Do you like your job?" thread in OD. I think you were very smart regarding your workout last night. How are you feeling this morning?

Gloria - People, in general, really amaze me these days x(. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with your own BW and don't have the parents as back up. Gee, that's probably how we wind up with such hard working and responsible young people *rolls eyes*.

Kath - Glad you had a great run yesterday and to hear that those tris are still talkin to ya! So sorry to hear about your friend's DH...what a sad situation for the family! I will keep them in my prayers tonight.

My computer is acting a little wonky this morning so let my post these and then go back and finish up. BBIAM!

Judy - I think I missed that you were heading up to Canada...business or pleasure, lol? Anyway, thatnks for the well wishes and I hope you have a great time. Yeah, you have no reason to feel guilty about a rest day with the workouts that you've been banging out lately.

Wendy - I hope you're enjoying all the DOMS lately }(! Gotta love that feeling, right? I hope you have a wonderful weekend in AC!

Shelly - WOW, that's a lot of hoop jumping to do for a job! How did the new shoes feel during your run yesterday? That sounds like you've got quite a scenic running route!

Christine - Yeah, trying to feed a bunch of horses out in the fields (we have 12 in stalls and then another 13 in the fields)in the pitch black with all of 'em trying to kick your head in is not my idea of fun lol! At least when it's light I can duck x(. I agree that I think your body is trying to tell you to just take it easy for a couple of days. I do hope your bloat goes away soon...no fun!

Carole - Yup, those nasty marshmallow things...hate 'em "raw" but LOVE 'em roasted :9. Wow, you really hit your legs HARD, don't ya?

Dallas - Nope, no stereotypes involved, I assure ya! Sorry you had such a "challengin" run yesterday but I applaud ya for keeping at it. It's hard to start and stop a bunch of times. LOL about your DS5 and his toys.

Jackie - Nice sweaty workout yesterday...sounds like fun! So, how are you liking your new house? Do we get pics?

Well, that catches me up for now. I do have to get my arse going...have a TON to do at work and the longer I sit here the longer my day (ahem, night) will be. Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Good Morning Girlies. :)

I had a bad night's sleep last night. I kept having nightmares. I'd wake up from one, fall back to sleep and have another one. UGH!x(

Today's work out will be Iron Core Vol. 1. This will be my first true stab at kb training. Should be interesting!:p

I'll be back after my work out.

Ciao!:)

Good morning all! I had such a wonderful run yesterday in my comfy new Supernovas:7 :7 got in 5 miles comfortably running at an 8:40 pace--- my fastest casual training run in a long time. I guess my feet like these new kicks:) Finished up alot of paperwork yesterday also, just have only a little more to do and I'll be talking with the housing people today to find out more about my luxury pad (lol)
I also did the ball workout from ASJ so I'm feeling it in my inner thighs today!

Christine- didn't sound like a good day for you yesterday with the GI issues and leaden legs! Hopefully things have straightened out and you are back to yourself today. Great news about the probable job for your DD!

Carole- I have the Supernova Cushion 7--- so comfy!! From what I've read these have been redesigned and are roomier in the toe box which is why I liked Sauconys. Anyway, the next time you are in need of new shoes you may want to check them out.

Judy- I've done BM2 on the Bosu before--- adds a whole new element and is really fun! My Bosu is in storage now... there was only so much I could bring with me here to NJ (sigh) Hope you are having a great rest day.

Wendy- I did the TJ fat blaster after supper last nite-- hadn't done one of these for a while and had such fun... thought of you too! Oh, you tempt me with your invite to A/C!!
But I really need to conserve the $$ (sigh) Nice job on the EXT intervals yesterday... feeling it in the legs today?

Dallas- Got a kick out of your decluttering project yesterday.... made any progress? BIG LOL from me over your DH's comments over grilling the quorn fillet! I'll be going over to my BILs for a BBQ soon (with the new grill we gave him) and I will pass it on to him. I'm sure he feels it was heresy when I asked him to grill my "fake meat". You got in a great run yesterday!!

Jackie- WOW- awesome iTrain workout for you yesterday!

Cathy- I thought I was pretty near you the other day! My class I had to endure was at Kennedy Memorial at Cherry Hill and the REI store wasn't too far from it so I decided to go for it. Glad I did! I'm starting to get the hang out of driving in New Jersey but this left turn business still drives me CRAZY!! There is no rhyme or reason to it... sometimes you can, sometimes you can't and have to go to the right (jug handle) and if you are unfamiliar with the area (like me) there is no way of really knowing. I have a GPS(TomTom) navigator and it doesn't always know either... it tells me to turn left when I CANT (sorry for the rant) I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better again!

Gloria - At least you got in a satisfying run yesterday. Always a good thing!! Speaking of on-line courses I have a BUNCH of them to do as well! Going for Bosu Blast today?
My twin sister is a teacher and she is always ranting about the parents who reward bad behavior. I have nothing but total sympathy and respect for teachers these days... I think your job is impossible!! (at least for me)

Wendi ITA with Cathy re your job.... there has to be something better for you!!! This isn't worth it IMHO. I understand you certainly cant just up and leave tomorrow but you certainly can at least be researching and trying to find other options, no? HUGS to ya sweetie! Yes, the scenery here is quite different from what I had in Az... very beautiful! Actually all this pre job paperwork is pretty norm for a nurse, the difference is it is usually done all at one place when I work for a hospital. Working for a travel agency I have to fax everything and go for bloodwork, TB tests, etc on my own, alot more of a PIA!

Kath- Great job on the run.... especially in the wind!! A windy day usually defeats me... I hate it! Oh how tragic about your friends DH!! Things like this really make us pause and realize our little problems we complain about really aren't that important. Will you be calling her soon? In my experience in dealing with families suffering a loss like this (I've dealt with this alot I'm afraid) they are usually quite grateful to hear from close friends and family. I was looking for Sauconys because I've run with them before and like them but all they had were Addidas Supernovas and was pleasantly surprised with them. Re: our summer house improvements... DH has been busy, replaced a storm door yesterday and I've been doing yard work (feels nice to be working outside without all the dust that was in Az) Have your triceps come back to life yet (LOL):p

I think that about catches me up. I'll be doing ASCII/slomo circuit today.

ShellyC

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy – I went to H&M and Ann Taylor Loft. I get my tanks and stuff from H&M as they are $5. You can’t beat that with a stick! That’s too funny about Clarisa or Calypso. Yeah, DH’s ex is a royal wacko. Fortunately the kids are now grown and she has less of an influence. When DD19 was young it was a real mess. About the run – wow what a dilemma – it’s a shame to miss the last BootCamp class, but the run is the important thing. I’d say move it out, but it’s the end of the year, so schedules are wacky now. I don’t know what to tell you.

Gloria – I think DD19 will do okay. She’s had a more interesting (not in a good way) than most kids, and had a lot more responsibility younger. She’s had to grow up much faster. When DD15 and I moved in (DD15 was then 5) the two girls actually became good friends and remain so – DD15 allowed DD19 to act like a kid (something she was never really able to do before), and DD19 helped DD15 act more like a lady (she’s such a tom boy!). It was a good mix.

Kath – YAY! It’s Friday!!! Wow! So sorry to hear about your friend’ DH! That’s so young! Yes, we are lucky. I keep after my DH to put together a will – he travels a lot – you just never know. Here is CA, everything would come to me and I would try to be fair to everyone, and I would make sure DD19 finished school, etc, but I really would like to know what DH would like done.

Wendi – sounds like you needed the sleep. I have fingers crossed that you will get home in time for a run! I know it will help you feel better. Don’t worry about the rant! I couldn’t even imagine trying to do what you do! These are high strung horses eh? I’m used to being able to go out to the fields and just have the horses stand there watching. My cousin’s pony tried to kick my uncle one time, but he simply picked the pony up and stopped that nonsense (my uncle was very strong, and the pony was very shocked).

Wendy – Sorry you slept badly! Hope you get some rest day. Enjoy Iron Core Vol 1! I’ll be belling with you today!

Shelly – So happy your like your new shoes! And that you got you paperwork mostly done! Oh have fun getting the info on your luxury pad!! Will DH join there ever? I actually really like Philly. It’s such a friendly city and so easy to get around. Just remember that “wooder” is actually H2O. :p Enjoy yourself.

Wow! I was watching a story on CBS The Morning about Dara Torres. She’s on the US Olympic team and even set a record at the Nationals last summer! What I find interesting is that she actually does less training in the pool, but she spends 90 minutes at a time (they did not say how often, but I was say 2-3 times a week – she’s smart) of grueling CORE exercises. Which is interesting as I think kettlebells and their emphasis on core helped my running. But better yet, she goes herself to the US Anti-Doping Agency to prove that it’s just her and not drugs. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/29/eveningnews/main4137017.shtml?source=search_story

I took allergy meds last night and I’m feeling better this morning – no scratchy throat! N And, even though my eating was WAY off yesterday, I did eat no dairy and my stomach is happier – go figure. I’ll keep it up! So I’m going to do Providence, to get some kettlebell work in. I’ll go lighter than I normally do, though. I’m thinking of switching up my rotation to the lower abs TT rotation – that one looks good – and I’ll probably add some kettlebell work in more of the workouts. But today will just be Providence – no other cardio. I’m so happy today is Friday!!! http://www.krazy-kreations.com/images/dancing/0029.gif Have a great day everyone!

I'm back.

IC vol 1 is done. It starts out light but gets progressively harder. I kinda wish the entire work out was like the last round...that's a Catheite for ya, huh? ;) I definately would have worked harder had I done the A/B work out today but I wanted to start using the KB's. As much as I wanted to work harder, I am glad I started with Vol 1. It helped me to learn the exercises. I can't get the clean though. I keep banging myself. ARGH! Any tips from the more experienced kb'ers on how to nail this one? I did windmills for the first time. WOW, they are alot tougher then they look!:eek: All in all I think I will really enjoy working with the bells. I am glad I already have 3 dvds to change things up. I will do IC vol 2 next week and then I will see if I feel ready to move on to the world of Anthony!}(

Just finishing up my recovery drink and then I need to get DS up. I still have to finish packing his things and I want to be out of here by about 10:30ish. Gotta get my oil changed in my car and then head up to SIL's to drop DS off for 12:30. From there I head back home, finish packing and off we go w/the exception of a quick pitstop to drop off the doggy. DH is getting out of work at noon today. :)

Okay, I will come back with personals if I have time before I leave!

Later Babes!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...okay, gotcha on IJ's son now! I will have to drag DH to the movies this weekend to see it!! Sorry about the cough...but hopefully that means the infection is on the way OUT!! Good job getting in the EXT workout. Re CSI Miami, the one CSI "Speed" (he was on the older shows), always reminded my of my nephew, they seemed to have the same kind of attitude so he was always my fav.

Gloria...thanks, I have been needing to do Yoga and P90X gives me that push having yoga in the rotation. Did you get in a Bosu workout?

Kath...wow, completely sad about your friends DH having a fatal heart attack at 44!! Don't be too hard on your sis for the email about the situation. I have never thought there were rules for this kind of thing. My thoughts and prayers for your friend and her family. The weather has gotten a bit warmer from being cold and cloudy. Enjoy your HIIT and shoulder workout.

Wendi...sorry about the job situation...I am one of the lucky ones that loves my job. I do like to work my legs hard...crazy, huh???...:D

Christine..So, you are not a Calista Flockhart fan??...:D...she is rather scrawny! I think giving up dairy could be helpful. When will you find out about DD19 getting hired? So glad the allergy meds helped. Have fun with Providence.

Judy...I had a great workout yesterday. Way to go with the Bodymax 2 premix!

Wendy...making me :) about the S&A weights!! I don't think your DH is whimping out at all...I would love my DH to do P90X. Good job with the intervals on the EXT. Sorry about the nightmares!! Have fun with the KB workout. have a great time in AC!

Shelly..I run in stability over cushion shoes most of the time. I am not sure Supernova still comes in their "control" model. But a wider toe box is better for me too. When do you start your job?

Dallas...that is great P90X helped you with your energy and endurance. I am sure stairs help you with running. Did you get in your run with DS5 on his bike yesterday? I don't think the Quorn fillets are anything like RUBBER!!!!...:)

Jackie...I really enjoy fishing but I am for sure a "fair weather" fisherman!! Our weather has been cool and cloudy but today looks like it could be warmer. Good job with your iTrain workouts.

I am planning on P90X L&B and a 4 mile (maybe interval) run.

Have a great day...:)

Morning Cheetahs!

I had some DOMS in my abs from my Kelly encounter and B&G floor abs the other day. }( It's so weird after doing ARX all those weeks, the ab work didn't seem all that hard, but they GOT me!!! }( Maybe it was the step kickboxing too??? Anyway, I did ME today. It's been a long time since that workout. That's a good one! I'm about to do either an iCycle or iClimb. Tomorrow will probably be our first TNT run in the rain. We have really lucked out with the weather. I think it's a 7 miler.

Carole ~ I like the Quorn products. DH just doesn't get it! ;-) I made him rack of lamb, well, I marinated it and he cooked it. Those Greeks! lol I don't like the smell or taste of lamb. Ewww! Since he did that liver detox that I did a year ago, I have to say he's not eating as much meat these days. :) Nice workout plan! What type of shoe do you run in? I like the bigger toe box & stability, as well, in a shoe.

Christine ~ Yep, it's not fun eating this way, however, I feel so much better. The plus is it's "clean eating" as well. I just got the new issue of that mag. Looks like some good recipes. :) Sending healing {{{{VIBES}}}} Love that dancing panda. :D Dana Torres is amazing! I like that Lance Armstrong picture? What's FRS, I wonder?

Cathy ~ Do you have a hydration pak you wear? I think I need to get something like that? I hate holding stuff when I run. I'd probably skip the BC class, and just focus on the run on Sunday. You're still fighting that infection still. I used to watch the CSI's. I love mystery type shows. I used to Tivo it, but never got around to watching it. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Gloria ~ Well, I think the upper body does tone easily, but building muscle is another story. Oh well. IA running has made a huge difference. :) No one in my family works out either, and we all have high cholesterol issues. :( I wish they would start. Glad you're feeling better. Allergies are a pain in the patootie!

Wendi ~ ((((HUGS)))) You sound like you're under a lot of stress right now. :( I wish I could help. We're here to listen...so vent away. :)

Kath ~ Wow! That's terrible news. ;( I think you should call your friend too. I have seen our friends again and again (the friend's who's son is fighting kidney cancer), at first I didn't know what to say. However, I just listen and let them do all the talking. I'm sure your friend will appreciate the call. Yeah, there has been a lot of activities with the kids, but May is always like this. Next week I'm helping w/two end of the school year picnics. It should be fun. :)

Wendy ~ After I got better at KB, I would do IC#2 the last circuit 2-3 times instead of the DVD as produced. Have fun on your trip! :)

Shelly ~ Well, I had to tweak things because I heard bad weather was coming our way. I wanted to get some perennials w/these decorative pots at Costco, They were a good price. I wanted to start the ground planting, but we're replacing the mulch w/stone. I'll need to wait until that's done before I can plant. Today, I'll be back on de-cluttering task....it's never ending. :( Another BBQ, huh? That was so nice of you and your dh to give your BIL a new grill. :) Enjoy your Quorn fillet! ;-) I think dh just overcooked mine. :eek: Nice job on the run!!! Super speedy over there! :)

Hi to the rest of the Cheetahs!

~TTFN

Hiya Ladies!

Wendy – Good job with the bells! Cleans and snatches (which you’ll learn later) are really a matter of twisting the bell around your wrist so it doesn’t hit. When you lift the bell for the clean, you kind of rotate your wrist so the bell slides off of it. It will come in time, but until it does, consider wrist guards, or even cut the toes out of a pair of thick socks you don’t use any more and use those as wrist guards.

Carole – Oh, I had a great time this morning trying to come up with a word for Scrabulous with no letters… I finally managed w 3 point one. :+ No, not a Calista Flockhart fan. I think DD19 will be hired – it was approved. It will probably take about a week to get the paperwork set up and everything.

Dallas – I know! Dana Torres is a total inspiration! I’m not as limited as you are with what I can eat. I have been able to tolerate a little cheese – it’s more milk and cottage cheese and yogurt that gets me. But it’s a little cheese, not a lot.

I did Providence then followed it with Steve Cotters 10 minute Standing Abs. Nice little workout and it felt soo good to be working the bells again! I forgot how much I missed them. I’m really happy and I’m feeling good. I am going to play with TT and the original ab rotation, to see what I can come up with. I might add some kettlebells after the ab work and before the cardio. We’ll see.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Gloria - Glad your students were glad to have you back. Good luck with the IEP. Hope the workout helped.

Dallas - Laughing at your grilled rubber. :) I still have a few boxes to unpack. I still don't have drapes installed yet. I was thinking about custom made ones until the lady called me today with the price. Going to rethink what I want her to make. Yay for the DOMS!!

Christine - I'm a Harrison Ford fan too. Hope I get to see IJ this weekend. Good job with the workout! Nothing like good ol' retail therapy. Good luck to DD. Saw that story on Dara yesterday. Amazing! Glad you're feeling better.

Wendi - Sorry for the stressful days. ((((HUGS)))) You know you can vent anytime. We're here for you. I love, love, love the new house! I will get those pics downloaded soon. At least you can see how things are going so far.

Cathy - How's that cough today? Hope you had a good workout today.

Kath - You always seem so happy with your workouts even when you're killing yourself. :) That's great! So sorry to hear about your friend. Much too young.

Wendy - Sorry for the bad night! Glad you're enjoying the KB. Enjoy your AC weekend!

Shelly - Glad you had a great run in the new shoes! I like having lots of toe room too.You need to scold that TomTom. I fuss at DBF's when it gives bad directions.

Carole - I enjoy my job now but there was a time when I wanted to tell them to take this job and shove it. Next year I'll be in that club where I can actually say that because I can retire if I want to. I won't but it's nice to be at that point. Enjoy your workout!

I pulled out Body Sculpt Blaster (Firm) this morning and Yoga Makeover with Sara Ivanhoe. Loved the easier workout today!

Have a fantastic day!

Jackie

ETA: Just got P90X+! I'm one happy girl now!

Hey Cheetahs!

Just woke up from a nap. Quick post for me (I will do some personals tomorrow). The IEP went well, details to follow in a later post! :) I ended up running this morning because I ran out of time for anything else. Did 4 miles in who knows how long! LOL! Tomorrow I will be tight on time as I have to go to a baby shower for Andy's cousin at noon an hour and a half away and then go to a Trout Unlimited banquet at 6:00. Talk to you all later!

Sorry to barge in Cheetahs but I have a question...

All of a sudden every time that I run, I experience shortness of breath...I just can't seem to catch my breath....which is seriously interfering with my runs.....ANY ADVICE?

Hi Tammy...:)...So you have run for some time and this has started all of a sudden? Are you doing more sprinting or more interval work? Because it can take your breathing a bit of time to adjust if that is the case. You don't have a cold or allergies? Botttom line in any case would be do check with a Doctor, just to be safe...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.