::: CHEETAHS ::: TGIF, 12/15

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Friday, cheetahs!! :) :) :)

To catch up w/ last night's posts...

Linda :: thanks ~ last time I felt a bug coming on (just a few months ago), I combined every strategy folks around me suggested I try: the Airborne, zinc, a multivitamin, and OJ and luckily never came down with anything. I think that Airborne stuff does really work if you use it *as soon as* you get even the slightest symptom.

Elaine :: yes, the observations are basically performance reviews. They all go in your file. If they don’t like what they see, they’ll give you suggestions for improvement and may pair you up with a mentor teacher or have someone do a demonstration lesson in your class. Generally, they’ll try to work with you to help you fix what needs improvement. If there’s no improvement over a period of time, though, I suppose they’ll let you go. It’s rare, but one new teacher was not asked to return last year, so it does happen.

Wendy :: sorry about the headache…oddly enough, my mouse/USB port is working again…I don’t know why it craps out occasionally…my patience for technology is limited, I must admit. Wow, that was a long stretch! I have been blowing off stretching too much lately and haven’t been to yoga class in weeks…I really need to get better about that.

Laurie :: yes, the assault is on! I DON’T wanna be sick when I go away…that is typical for me…I’ll stay healthy just until the point where I can finally relax, and THEN I get sick!

Hi to everyone else! I'll be back later to see how everyone's doing on this lovely Friday AKA payday!!!!

-Cathy :)

And oh yes, I forgot to mention...I am planning a run after school today.

Hello ladies,

brief check in again before i head off to work for another long, long day. still not sure whether we have to work tomorrow or not. my body feels physically drained so no workout todayx( .

my second post yesterday ended abruptly when my 1 year decided to push the button and shut off the computer while i was still typing:( :) :D . so i am sure when you got to the end you had to scratch your head and say whaaat???, lol

has anyone tried any of the runervals from coach troy? if so, please let me know what you think. he has a couple that is supposed to help with training for 5k's, 10k's and marathons. check out www.spinervals.com.

have a great day to all my cheetah pals:D

Good morning girls.

Cathy: I am usually pretty bad at stretching myself. I always do the stretches that are included in my work outs and I stretch before and after a run but to do extra is rare for me. It felt good though. I don't have much patience for technology either. I am also not wise when it comes to that stuff either. ACK! x( I hope you continue to be able to fight off the germies...atleast for the most part anyway. Enjoy your run! :)

Sunny: Your post y'day did end a bit wierd but I know how stressed and tired you are as of late so I didn't think much of it. You are human and allowed to not be PERFECT you know. :) I have not heard of the work outs you mentioned. I have never looked into spinervals because I don't have a treadmill at home. I hope someone else can help you though. :)

Well, today is my highly awaited rest day! So far, no DOMS to speak of BUT the last time I said that it ended up coming on STRONG an hour or so later so we'll see....}(

My plan for today is work and then straight to my mom's with Joey for our weekly visit. She has off today so we can go early. I will put Joey down for his nap there and then scoot off to buy my last Christmas present in peace-it's for my mom. She's great-anytime I go there and Joey is sleeping she tells me to go out if I want. I usually don't but this time I am taking advantage as the store I want to hit is up by her anyway. :)

That being said, I won't be on here after this morning until pretty late tonight. I'm sure I'll have a lot to catch up on!:+

Have a great day!:)

Good morning Cheetahs!
I am not sure what w/out I am going to do. I was thinking B&G so we'll just have to see.

Cathy, Have a good day at school. Hey I forgot to ask. I saw something on the news this week about NJ teachers in a protest. Did you have anything to do with that? I think it was about pensions? Anyway just wondering.

SunnyD, Hopefully you are gonna get a break tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Wendy, Enjoy your visit with your mom. I will get to see mine soon! We are leaving for Indiana at the end of next week! I can't wait.

OK I'll be back later. I have to go get DS up for school. Today is PJ day so I guess he only has to brush his teeth, wash face and he will be good to go! Have a great day all.
LD

LD: LOL-PJ day sounds like fun! Is he excited about it? Nice that you will get to see your mom soon. You live far from her. I'm a wimp. I have told my husband repeatedly that I couldn't move that far away from my hometown(family/friends)! If he ever gets some awesome job opportunity that is more than an hour away I am going to cry! LOL

Oops-coffee cup is just about empty! Time for a refill!:9

Wendy, I am an old pro at moving. We have moved from Indiana, where I grew up to Fresno, CA and then to PA. I told my DH we can't move anymore now that DS is in school! He agrees. His company just keeps moving us. The move to the east coast was our choice though. I wanted to be closer to Indiana and our families. Yes DS is excited about pj day. I didn't even have to wake him up. I went upstairs to get him up and he was ready for me!
Have a great day! I'll be back later when more of the cheetahs have checked in!
LD

sunny D- I have cheetah fast runnerval with coach troy. It kicks your butt. I have to modify it and havent done the entire workout yet. I have only done it a few times though. I bought the vhs which is cheaper. I would like to buy more . They are worth getting.

talk with you all later!!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Yes, I’m in a MUCH better mood. I do not like when I get like that! It’s sooo not me! Phew! What a relief that that’s over. I have a little Mish Mosh planned for today. B&G abs (with weights), GS Shoulders, and HSTA Cardio/Lower Body premix. I need the cardio after my feeding frenzy yesterday. *rolls eyes*

Hey Cathy! Enjoy your pay day (mine is NEXT Friday). Sorry about the mouse issues. I sell technology, but I’m so used to having the IT guys around that when it doesn’t work at home, I get all freaked. It SHOULD work. I PAID for it! Maybe you should borrow another mouse to see if that solves the issue.

Sunny – I hope you don’t have to work tomorrow! I haven’t tried the Runnervals – I do Spinervals and really like Coach Troy’s methods. He’s been doing this long before anyone else was. I bought my first trainer in 1994 and it came with a VHS tape called Cyclerobix – basically a Spinervals workout. That got me through a few century rides. Of course he had long hair and was not dressed as well back then. LOL

Wendy – enjoy your rest day!! I still have so much shopping to do! And this trip I’m taking tomorrow is just the worst timing, but my sis is moving to England end of January and I want to see her before she leaves. Enjoy your shopping!

LD – so what did you end up doing? I love PJ Day! I wish we had those at work. Then again, I’m thinking some of the girls I work with would not be wearing comfy flannels, but highly inappropriate things…

Laura – yeah, I can see Troy kicking your butt with runs. He does it on the bike. I wish he would transfer his videos to mp3 downloads.

HI to everyone else! I’d better get moving here! I feel like a big blob, so I need to de-blobify myself!

Oh, I just wanted to say that I got home yesterday in total Grinch mode, and discovered a whole slew of cards from my Cheetah pals!! THANK YOU!! I could not stay Grinchy after that. Jess and Susan - your families are just sooo precious!! I love the photos. Thanks!
Jess, my DD13 thinks you have a very cute DH.

Oh, he'll *love* to hear that!! I think he's pretty cute too. ;-) Glad you got it!! That reminds me of a funny story about Greg. He came home from work last week after wearing a new pair of dress pants I'd bought him. He said, these are awesome pants, I got checked out at work today by 2 ladies!!! :7 They were lookin' at my butt!!! ROFL It totally cracked me up. He got a big kick out of it. It's funny because neither one of us are jealous at all, he actually likes it when we go somewhere & I get checked out by another guy, he says he knows that he's the lucky one that gets to go home w/ me!! :p Anyway, I'll make sure to tell him that he's cute according to a 13yo!! ;-)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I agree and think Airborne does work. Good luck avoiding any kind of cold! Hope your mouse continues to behave. I have had a problem with one of my programs and it takes all my CPU's when I try and open it. Then everything freezes and I have to restart my PC..,drives me nuts!!

Sunny...I hope you won't have another long work day, they really can tax your body. So your little one was helping on the keyboard?...:)...

Wendy...enjoy your rest day. Though shopping might be not completely rest!! Have a good visit with your Mom. Glad Joey checked out well at the Doc's. WOW!...you wrapped 21 presents....can you get wrappers cramps?..:)

LD...enjoy B&G if that is what you will do. PJ day....sounds fun, not sure they had that in my school days! I think Polar makes great HRM's. I have like 3. A few of us do have Garmins. I run alot of trails so a GPS is necessary, besides I love the new techy stuff with those watches!

Christine..Glad you are feeling better today. TTOM can get us down...good job with your workout yesterday. I also have enjoyed getting the cards in my mail!! A tough Mish Mosh for you today. I always seem to feel a bit grinchy this time of year...:)

Elaine...thanks for the card! My DH gets into a rut falling asleep by 7:30 and then wakes up about 3 AM. I do tell him to try and stay up later but he watched TV and falls asleep. Those couch recliners are comfy..:)...we did post the same time yesterday. Thanks for your sweet post. Running Wed in the rain did test me. I completely pured and made 5 miles seem like 15! But when I saw a neighbor out in it walking her dog, I figured we were both crazy...maybe the rain won't be so bad this weekend for you.

Laurie...I didn't think you were whining at all. Good job with BM2 Scrambled eggs...That had to be scary with your smoke alarm going off..that is awesome they responded in 3 min! Glad you were all okay.

Shelly..good luck today on your 18 mile long run! And no moooing..:)...Yes it is still wet. The rain was not as heavy yesterday. But my back yard kinda resembles a lake!!

Susuan...when do you leave for Chicago to visit your Mom? Good you listened to your body and backed off the cardio. PUB is always a fun one.

Judy..the arc trainer sounds interesting. That is great you have checked out so many reviews. You will make us all jealous when you get it...:)

Linda...thanks for the card! I only did the standing part of B&G as I didn't have time either.

Today I'll do MM back and shoulders and a 4-5 mile run. So far I don't hear rain....:)

Have a good day..

Howdy ho Cheetahs!! I never made it back on here last night. My FIL called & was about 15 min away so he ended up coming for dinner. He had to go get his welding certification renewed not too far from here. It worked out fine & the girlies were happy to see their Papa!! Then my (7 yo- she'll be 8 in a week!) decided that she'd get a fever!! The nerve of her!! ;-) She has something similar to what Kiersten had- tummy ache (diarrhea), and sore throat. So she's home today. And then Allison woke up this morning w/ a fever too!!! She said her head hurts, I hope she's not going to be prone to headaches like her momma!! :eek: She just seems to have a bit of a cough/ cold. So there goes my chance for a run today, I was going to attempt another run after dropping her off at preschool. I'll stick w/ my plan to do GS BSB today & maybe try a run tomorrow morning.

Surprisingly, no DOMS from GS C & T y'day!! I can tell a big difference from doing it, I'm getting stronger. I definitely need heavier dumbbells! Those 72 pushups don't seem as hard either! WOOHOO!

I've decided plans just never can be made when you have kids. Things ALWAYS change. I guess that's why I don't *do* rotations either, I have to be flexible!

OK, off to take care of my sickies. They've *got* to be better by Sunday, it's our Christmas Contata!! We have our dress rehearsal tomorrow morning, so if they aren't feeling well they'll just have to sit in the pew while we practice I guess!!! I'll be back later!

Speaking of Garmins, I ordered the 301 y'day!! OH, but not for myself!!! My good friend wanted one for her dh, Justin, who I have run with a few times. (he even did a 12 miler w/ me last year while marathon training) He really liked my 201, so she wanted to surprise him with one for Christmas. Well, Walmart.com was all out of stock on the 201 & the 301 was $156, so she said to order it. So I used my acct (of course she paid for it) & they're mailing it here so he won't know about it!! ;-) I told her that I'd trade him my 201 for the 301, I'll put the 201 in the 301 box & he'd never know the difference!!! J/k

And a question for those of you who use a HRM, do you really find it helpful while exercising??? I've never used one so I have no idea!! Any suggestions for a cheaper version?

Jess-I have the 301 and love it. I like the heart rate monitor because I compare after each run what it was and when it went up etc... I cant imagine running without it now a days. I bought mine from walmart.com also.

off to do housework,talk with you all later!!

Good morning!

Cathy – hope you get to do your run after school today!
Enjoy your Friday!!

Sunny – I tried a couple of the Runnervals a few year ago. It was one of the real early ones on VHS. The first one I got was not very good, but the second one I tried I liked it really well. I can’t even remember the names of them. When I get home I will check and see if I can find them and let you know which ones they were. I will have to check out the newer ones! I would love to have something to help me train for a marathon or ½! Don’t work too hard!

Wendy – Enjoy your rest day and have fun with your Mom and little Joey!

LD – Enjoy whatever workout you decide to do! PJ Day does sound like fun! Why did they never have cool stuff like that when I was in school? Hmph!

Laura – I wish I could remember the ones I had. It had 2 women “coaches” on there. One’s name was Barb and I can’t remember the other ones. Then there were some other people running different levels. Did that one have good music? Wonder if “Any “ of them have good music ; )

Christine – I am glad you are feeling better! I can definitely relate to feeling like a blob! I was almost a week late and so I was feeling horrible. I finally started, but really need to de-blobify! That sounds like a good Mish Mosh to conquer the blobs!

Laurie – I really liked Amy’s a lot, too. I did APX using the upper body premix one day and the lower premix the next. I have yet to do the whole thing at once! It is looonng! I like how she has different moves, too. I was really sore! Good idea ‘bout waiting til after Christmas to order Kelly’s ; ) ! They are good, though!

Elaine – Amy’s new workouts (seem to me) very close to Cathe in intensity! The cardio choreography is not "real" complex. Her kickboxing is a little more complex than Cathe's I think. I wish it wasn't quite as complex as it is, but after I do it a couple more times, it will be okay. She has a lot of good premixes and they are all at least 60 minutes. Kelly’s are very good, also! Step Boxing is kickboxing on the step. The actual cardio of it is only 35 minutes, but the “weight” section keeps your heart rate up and is pretty much all compound exercises. NYC if very good. It is a total body workout that alternates upper body with lower. The lower body work is done with no weights. I guess you could use them if you want to, though. The lower body is lunges on and off the step, curtsey lunges, squats, etc. She has a short floorwork section for the lower body, also. That one is around 55 minutes.
You are welcome for the card!

Susan and Jess – I got your cards and pictures yesterday! Thank you so much! You both have gorgeous families (and are gorgeous yourselves! ) Man….I miss my girls being that young! Shoot…..I miss ME being that young!!

Carole – Have fun with MM and the run! Here’s keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t rain on you!

Jess – I really find my heartrate monitor useful! I would be lost without it. Polar has some good inexpensive ones. Mine is the Polar F11. I am not sure of the other models that they have. The F11 was more expensive than a lot of them, but it has so many options on it that I NEVER use and will never use. So I definitely could have gotten by a lot cheaper! On my Garmin 305, I use the HRM all the time too. I know they say to go by RPE, but I still find it very useful! Hope your little girlies feel better!

This morning I did the time saver premix of both GS C&T and GS BS&B and ran 4 miles. It felt great!

Hi to whoever checks in later and happy Friday!

Linda

Good Morning! This morning was the first 1/2 of CardioKicks then PUB, my arms are feeling PUMPED!!! Off to work in 20 minutes.

Elaine, I didn't realise that you had 4 children. I always wished I had one more but then I'm sure I would have wanted yet another. Having babies was something I was good at. I also had an early practise marriage, lasted less than 2 years. I see him occaisionally and it's like seeing an old friend. I love seeing him because he always rode me about my weight. The gods are good to me because when I run into him it's always on a 'cute' day}( :7

Cathy, hope you can keep the germs at bay!!!

Sunny, that's cute that your babe hit the button. My kids get impatient with me when I'm posting sometimes too and they're teens!!

Christine, glad today is a better day.

Carole, I didn't think you thought I was whining, I just KNEW that I was:D

Uh-oh, my breakfast is ready, gotta chow and go!

Later Ladies

Take Care
Laurie

Hello ladies,
Just a quick check-in for me right now. My 4 year old is making her singing debut this morning. She is so excited. She says to me this morning that she will try to sing as pretty as mommy. Gosh, I love her:) Oh for goodness sake, I am getting teary eyed.(LOL)! I will be wiping my eyes the whole time she is up there. I am such a mom.

I have so much to do today. I have to get ready for my cookie party tomorrow. I am making raspberry truffle brownies and chocolate meringue drop cookies. You notice they are both chocolate!

I am going to try to sqeezed in butts and gutts today and some abs. I will probably end up doing it at 7pm tonight though.

My eating is still good. I am really hoping to keep it that way tomorrow as well. I will just have some healthy munchies too.

I am off to Mariah Muffins concert now. I am so glad most of you have gotten your xmas cards. I just love getting them too. It was a great idea Cathy.

See ya later.

Susan

Good morning cheetahs! I'll be headed out for my long run of 18 miles in a bit but coming here first for my inspirational cheetahfix!
Yesterday I did the PP premix of upperbody 2 sets and an hour on the elliptical. I also managed to finish up the last of my christmas shopping (whew!)

Laurie- Hope work goes well for you today. I'm thinking I should have opted for PUB yesterday....it never fails to give me DOMS.

Susan- Your easing off on the cardio seems to have been a wise move for you:) I wouldn't sweat taking a week off while your out of town.
If you get too crazy you can always go out for a nice brisk walk!

Judy- So you were an RT? I work quite closely with them as you can imagine. Not everyone has the metabolism for working nights that's for sure. I've worked with plenty of people who really SUFFER!
Your description of the Arc trainer really has me interested. I have a very old elliptical and have been considering upgrading for a while. I frequently get the numb feet, so I'll check out this Arc thingy!

Wendy- Congrats on finishing up the shopping and all that wrapping!!!! WTG also on upping the weights in BSB!! Do you match Cathe on the biceps? I'll bet you exceed what she is doing}(

Linda- Hey, great to hear from ya! Thank you for your review of the Amy Bento and Kelly Coffey workouts! I like both of them and will probably spring for these workouts after Christmas.

Christine- Glad you're feeling your old self today! There are some good things about being an old lady.... don't have to deal with TTOM anymore. I gotta tell ya I am loving menopause!!! No kidding...
I'll gladly trade a few hot flashes for not having to deal with the bloating,cramps,mood swings, etc!!! Hope you're having a great time with your deblobbing mish-mosh workout (you are TOO funny :+ )

LD- oooooh a new HRM watch for Christmas! Great present.... it's always nice to have a new toy to run with! Do you have an iPod?
If not, that's your next indispensable running toy }( That's great you're going to visit your family!! I lived in Indiana once, beautiful there.... Actually I've lived pretty much all over. I'm almost 50 years old and have never lived in one place anywhere for longer than 6 yrs.

Cathy- Still having mouse problems? I personally HATE using those, they drive me crazy and I only use a trackball. Have a great run after work! BTW.... thank you SO MUCH for your idea of the Christmas Card exchange. Like alot of other cheetahs I so look forward to the mail and getting these wonderful cards! Every time one arrives I exclaim to my DH...."I got another Cheetah Card!!!"
He just rolls his eyes.....

Elaine- Less than 2 weeks since your last marathon and your bemoaning that you're only running 4 miles????!!!!! I think it's awesome you are doing that much:eek: I'm not taking any extra time off for Christmas. In fact, I work Christmas eve (I usually do) so as to let the nurses with kids have the night off. It's very difficult for nurses to be able to take any vacation time over the holidays as you can imagine. It's just something you learn to accept in my profession.

SunnyD- I have the Cheetahfast Runnervals DVD.... it's an excellent
challenging workout! I haven't done it for a while as I had to back off the speed workouts when I had my groin injury. I do recommend them though!

Jess- I'm so sorry your DDs are down with a fever:( Even though the little ones get sick alot, they also tend to get well very quickly also :) I'm sure everything will be back to normal for your big performance! Great job with the GS CT.... you definitely need to invest in some seriously HEAVY DBs! As far as the HRMs, alot of people swear by them. I'm not one of them. I have a couple and never or rarely use them. For me I do better just going by perceived
level of exertion. To each his own!

Carole- (saved the best for last) Hope your getting in a comfortable and DRY run!!!! We're finally due for some snow here by Sunday...yipppeeee Cant wait! It's good I'm getting the long run done today.... I'll be thinking of ya!

Gotta go.... hopefully I'll have time to check in later but DH want's to go out shopping (not christmas) after my run.. tata

ShellyC

Hi Susan! You are making me drool:9 :9 :9 Your post reminded me... Did you ever sing professionally? Or is it just an interest of yours? My first major in college was believe it or not... music.
I was a voice major and was intent on being an opera singer (no kidding) I was a mezzo soprano.... how about you?

ShellyC

Hey gang - I'M BACK..................;-)

Thanks to Wendy (SMACK :* ) for inviting me back.

I took a break from running so I didn't stay connected with you gals, but now I miss it sooooo bad that I'm back at it and want to visit you all here again. :)

I was going through a situation at work that seemed to consume every part of me. Now I've decided to put myself first and I am going to start running again and workout like I can. Anyway, long story short I've kicked myself in the rear and am going running tonight after work for the first time in months and I just can't wait. Like I said earlier, I'm putting myself first and will get this weight off. I've also started looking for some races to get ready for. ;-) (told you I was back).

Anyway, my first question for all of you is this. Since I haven't been running for quite a few months do I go out this first time and plan to do 2 miles or do I just see how far I can comfortably go?

I am sooooo glad to be back, I've missed all of you and can't wait to get to know the new ones that joined since I've been gone.

Take care,
Marcia.

3 weeks to Mexico!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.