Cheetahs TGI *almost* F Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Early mornin' to ya girls!

When's the last time *I* started this thread at freakin' 5am!? I woke up and just couldn't fall back to sleep. Oh well.

Cathy: Nice scores at Dick's y'day! Hope you got all of your schoolwork done.

Lori: I hear you on the many gifts for your son. Joey gets a ton too...UGH! LOL

Linda: Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you have a good day!

I think it'll be 4DS legs, ARX and a short cardio for me today.

Off to get my coffee.

BBIAB!:)

Good morning, Wendy (YAY! You're up early!), and all the fine cheetahs! Happy Thursday!

This is one of those hamster-in-the-wheel weeks…when I come skiddin’ into Friday, it ain’t gon’ be purty. *lol*

Lori :: I only made it to Dick’s, not the bank or the Disney store, so no return. I think I will just donate the items to Toys for Tots. Supports a good cause and allows me to avoid the mall. Win-win!…Hectic day for you yesterday! I hate when I get caught in a mad clothes rush…thanks for your card – I rec’d it yesterday.

Lorie :: good for you taking yesterday off…hope you are feeling better!

Judy :: I looked for a BOSU yesterday at Dick’s but didn’t see any. However, they are on the website, so maybe I just missed them…Wow! Booty DOMS that wakes you up is serious stuff! I am still in awe that you handle BC the way you do. It has been a long time since I’ve done it – I should dust that one off. That is one where I usually lie motionless in a sweaty heap for several minutes after I’m done. :7

Wendy :: awww, poor little Joey! Taking him to the Christmas display sounds fun. Have you ever taken him to Storybookland?

Christine :: how was the potluck?

Wendi :: oh, I’m not livin’ up to the title, either…for about a month now, my running has been down to only 1x per week (!) That EXT has been my winter godsend.

Carole :: haaaa--dysfunctional GTGs? Could we possibly be related??

Wendy :: She had been seriously ill for some time, but the family didn’t expect it to happen so soon…I’m sorry about your dad…One of my friends at school lost her dad at 15, and it happened in December. After that, her mom couldn’t put up any Christmas decorations (even a tree) for a number of years. It must be so difficult.

Jackie :: Dick’s is my favorite place to shop for gear! Glad you have one near you now. How did you sleep last night?

Susan :: (((((HUGS)))) Safe travels & Merry Christmas!!!

Thomasina :: I saw Gayle’s thread on the Open Forum – she does look great and saw big results in a short time span. Sounds like a highly effective program. Good pick by your DS!!…Shelly must have had a busy stretch at work, I’m thinkin’.

Linda :: I didn’t see the kettlebells at Dick’s…:)…they caught my eye at Target the other day and I thought of you but kept movin’. Once in awhile, I do show some restraint! *lol*...Great job on the EXT – did you miss it?

I was wrapping gifts and writing cards (for work) until 9 last night…I graded tests until shortly after ten, and then I just wasn’t thinking straight any more. So, I finished the last few tests this morning. The notebooks still await…so I will just have to stay late at school today and get it all done, however long it takes. Therefore, I won’t post an anticipated workout. I’m hoping to get to one later, but work’s gotta be the priority.

Have a great day, ladies!!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Good Morning!:)

How is everyone? Its getting closer to the weekend! YAH!!! I caught up with personnals last night so Im good as of now...nice feeling! hehe

Im getting ready to go home and I feel like I have had enough sleep that I don't need to go to bed...but I know it will catch up with me later. Not to mention that DS has to get use to the sitters! I also read a nice note in the "girls" book last night. Its said that the girl working Christmas eve,day,new years eve and day are only on call:) :) :) :) Im soooo happy! I do have to come in around 12 to let the guy working go home for his dinner but thats no biggie! Atleast I don't have to rush DS's gift opening so I can get to work and do a big fat nothing!

Todays workout will either be a run or a circuit workout. Im also planning on picking up some groceries after I pick DS up from the sitters.

Wendy** Nothing worse then not being able to fall back to sleep! I woke up yesterday morning with DH snoring and I thought it was the middle of the night, but it was 7, so I got up and strated my day:)

Cathy** I hope you get a workout in today. It seems as if your day is pretty full though so don't stress about it!

Have a good day everyone. I probably won't be back until tonight.

Lori:)

Good morning cheetahs! It's been insanely busy at work but I'm at the end of a stretch now and have 4 nights off after this. Not too bad tonight :7 Yesterday I managed a 3 mile tempo run after a very tiring night at work and did BBC full body when I woke up.

Cathy- More like a hamster then a cheetah this week eh? Well, it's almost over :7 Hope you accomplish everying you need to so you can enjoy your upcoming weekend. Re: the friends we are visiting up in SLC-- they are both very into fitness, hiking, but unfortunately not running. It'll just be me... and hopefully Thomasina, although I may end up dragging her on a baby leash.

Thomasina- JK doll!! I'm really not all that fast anymore and I have no doubt you can keep up with me quite easily. It's a nice mostly downhill course also:7

Wendy- sorry to hear that your cute little Joey is sick with pneumonia, poor guy! That's great that it got caught in the early stages though and I bet he's better soon.

Lorie- Sorry you've been feeling so cruddy lately.... how are you today?

Lori- I had a pretty bad groin pull last year and also some issues with ITB, but thankfully I've had no real problems with the knees, even at age 50. What's on tap for you today?

Linda- Congrats on bringing your EXT out of the clothes hanger status (LOL) .... got a kick out of that!

I'll try to catch up with everyone else later today. I'll be going for a 5 mile run when I wake up and later it'll be BBC legs and cardio. :7 :7 :7

ShellyC

Hi Lori- I guess we both worked last night :) I still have several more hours to go though. That's great that you won't have to work much on Christmas!!! Have a great run or circuit workout today.

ShellyC

Hi Cheetah YaYas

Shelly- Enjoy those 4 nights off before your Christmas shifts! So do you follow your own plan for marathon training or one you learned about someplace else ? I am always curious to learn how runners manage their training .

Lori- What a great surprise finding out you don't have to be at work all day on Christmas! Thank you for the card :)

Cathy- Only one more day until Friday and you long stretch off. My older two kids arrive tonight and tomorrow. I am hoping for a week of family dinners! (They can socialize after our dinners)

Wendy- Good job on designing your mish mosh and doing it when you were still waking up! How is Joey this morning?

Wendi- That is so sweet about SO's Grandma. My Dad, age 86, just loves our family GTG. On Christmas Eve he is about as happy as he can get. We still miss my Mom though. She was the "cruise director" of every holiday.

Thomassina- Did you get your baking done? I have the BFL books, and I met Pamela Peeke, MD at a conference here a few years ago. She is a dynamic speaker.

Lorie- I hope you are feeling better today. I still have the cold virus too, but hopefully I am turning the corner.

HI Carole!

Susan- have a lovely Christmas visit in Chicago!

Today will be a long stretch and abs. I may ride the bike or walk on the TM at the gym while DS trains.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning Cheetahville!

Just a quick check in for now. I hope to get caught up on yesterday's action. I just got back from the gym, got in a decent 6 mile run, with a bunch of really good hills. I did something stupid though. My newer running sneaks started to rub just a little on my last run so I threw my step sneaks on...they are soooo comfy and have never given me any problems. Well, those started to rub a little about two miles in but I figured I'd push through since I knew I wouldn't be getting any other workouts in the rest of the week. Well, when I got home I was delighted to find two dime sized blisters and one pea sized blister on the inside of my left arch and a much smaller one on the right foot x(! I hope they don't bother me too much while I work and hopefully not at bowling tonight either. Stupid, stupid, stupid...*bangs head against wall repeatedly*!

I'm going to try to get caught up with personals. I'm a wee bit short on time this morning so they might have to wait until I get home tonight. I'll give it my best shot.

Wendy – Sometimes I like a good 90 minute sweatfest like BodyMax. But that’s also why I use BMax 2 more often as it has a lot of premixes. Sounds like you’ll get in a nice workout this morning!

Cathy – great purchases from Dicks! Getting all psyched for your trip? I would be! I’m laughing hysterically about your hamster-in-the-wheel analogy! It’s so apt in many ways! Too funny! Unfortunately, you’re right, work does have to be the priority! Hope you get it all in! But, it’s only two more days before a long stretch off! I’m excited for that too!

Lori – Don’t you hate when you try on everything and nothing fits or looks right? Oh that drives me crazy! No matter if it’s too tight or too baggy – I like my clothes to fit well! That is certainly good news on the work front! Glad you are on call only!

Linda – I did the same at my pot luck. Started off with the healthy stuff, then nibbled here and there on the not-so-healthy stuff. And I had a *gasp* cupcake! I’m hoping today will give me a reprieve! Good job on rediscovering your EXT!

Shelly – Wonderful to “see” you again, we were about to send out the search dogs. :p Sorry work has been so insanely busy! Glad you’ve been able to get in a few workouts!

Judy – enjoy your stretch and abs! Sounds like heaven about right now! I’m with you on the socializing AFTER dinners! I have planned to have my kids home the entire time! :p

Wendi – good job on the run! Sorry about the blisters, though, ouch! Have fun today and tonight!

Well, DD14 let it slip that she ordered ASCII for me for Christmas! I’m excited. I previewed it on her website and it looks like a blast once you get the moves down. How long did that take everyone who has it? I’m going to practice a combo at a time after my workouts. The potluck was good. I did eat more crap than I wanted, but over all I did good. The food was good, and a lot of it was healthy, so I was happy. Today is KBX.. Happy Almost Friday all!

Hi Girls!

Well, more then half of my work out is done! I did the lower body weights only premix from 4ds so I got the calf work as well as the leg work. I upped my weights again to match or go beyond Cathe's weight. Now the only exercises I do not atleast match her on are the plie squats (cause I don't have a 30# DB or heavy enough plate mates) and the weighted calf work. I'm up to 8's from 5's but I can barely do them with out crippling myself!:7 :p I ploughed through ARX as soon as the leg work was done so I wouldn't lose momentum and then went back and did the l/b stretch with Cathe. I am planning on 4DS Bootcamp cardio this afternoon. }(

Cathy: I have heard of Storybookland but have never been there. Thanks for the idea! I hope you can squeeze in a work out tonight!

Lori: Glad you are catching a break at work for the holidays. How nice for you. :) ooohhhh, I HATE snoring!!!!x(

Shelly: Great work outs as usual. I know I say it all the time but you really do amaze me. I love your energy! Have a good 4 day rest from work. Have any plans for the coming weekend?

Judy: Joey started coughing at about 4:30 this morning and it kept up on and off until almost 6! It was keeping me up so I finally just got out of bed a little before 5. I'm glad I got most of my work out done this morning cause I'll surely want a power nap later! Anyway, once the cough settled down he was fine. Out like a light again until after 7:30 this morning. He seems to feel fine otherwise. Thanks!:)

Wendi: No worries about the personals. Do them when you can. Sorry about your blisters. I hope they are behaving themselves!

Christine: I use the BM's for the premixes and mix n match capabilities MUCH more then I do the whole work out. LOL at your DD giving up a Christmas gift by accident. How's your DD doing with her lifting? Will you be getting her the gym membership she wants?

BBIAB!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...glad you liked the Rudolph pic, always a favorite X-mas show of mine...sounds like you did well at Dick's. I bet the sport beans will do great for your skiing trip! Maybe we are related, so I will come spend Xmas with you!!...I had actually toyed with serving dinner at a mission for Xmas as I didn't want to face the dysfunctional crap with my family, but I guess once a year facing it is not so bad...:)...wow, busy and late night for you last night, I can see why working out would be way tough.

Wendy...that is nice DH helps you bake, I cannot even imagine mine making cookies. Glad you ended up feeling better and got in a great workout. Have fun with 4DS legs, ARX and a short cardio. Good job on matching Cathe's weight in 4DS legs. I like using my heavy Select Tech Dumbells for the plie squats, I use 35 lbs. The calf work in that one is a real fryer.

Lori...cookies are always hard for me to resist too, especially home made, right from the oven....YUM! Sounds like you had a ball playing with DS yesterday...that sound nice about your job at X-mas. I am happy you get to watch DS with his presents.

Shelly...enjoy your 5 mile run and BBC legs.

Wendi..sorry about the blisters from the running in your step shoes...:(...

Christine...so did you eat veggie like at the potluck??...:)...Good job with Bodymax 1. I still love the upper body work in that one. WOW...a TV in the bathroom...oh my!! Thanks for the invite...:)...congrats on getting Amy's ACSII, I have only tried it once or twice as she does not break down the moves as well as Cathe, but eventually they will get easier...

Judy..a long stretch sound nice, I might have to pull out P90X Xstretch soon!

Jackie...glad you got the card...:)...you are sweet re my running in bad weather. I don't feel here in Calif that our weather gets as bad as some of the cheetahs back east so running outside is just something I have always done regardless of weather. Good job with the Itread even with sore legs from Nadia!

Susan...have a GREAT time in Chicago! I hope the kids sleep on the plane too...:)

Tomasina..I was always a Rudolph fan and watched that program every year along with the Grinch...:)..that hot cocoa sounds delicious! It is funny how stuff takes you back...LMAO about carrying you around in a duffel bag to Christine's!!! too funny...:D

Linda...way to go getting back on the EXT...iClimbs are my favorite on that machine..:)...

I am doing 4DS C&B and a 3-4 mile run. I have been doing more stretching so my hip/thigh is feeling better.

Have a great day...http://bestsmileys.com/christmas1/24.gif[/img]

Good morning Cheetahs!

Susan - Have a safe trip to Chicago. Have a happy holiday with your family.

Wendy - Glad the nap made you feel better. Just needed some extra rest. Glad Joey is feeling better too. Hope you can get your cookies baked this weekend. I might try that peanut butter pie made with PB2 and see how that turns out.

Thomasina - Yay for the garage being finished. Nothing like having your own special space.

Christine - Yeah, I'd like to be about 5'5" to 5'6". But, I'll take what I have. So Y2K didn't go without a glitch for you. Glad it all worked out though. Nice of DD to get ASCII for you. Good job with the eating yesterday.

Cathy - New workout gear! Alright! I like the sports beans. I was still awake at 3:30. I'm trying to stay up longer. Since I wake so early, I can't keep my eyes open past 8:30. So, that may be a part of the problem. Hope you don't have to stay too late after school.

Lori - Sounds like a busy day yesterday. Hope the pants worked out for you. Glad you won't have to work Christmas and you get to spend that time with DS.

Linda - Let's just say you feel the cortisone shot but only as long as it takes to give the shot. It's worth it to get rid of the pain. I can do a 2 hour workout on weekends only. Good job! Great job on putting that elliptical to use again.

Shelly - Enjoy your 4 nights off. Have a good run and workout!

Judy - Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your stretch and abs.

Wendi - Ouch on the blister.x( Hope all goes well today.

Carole - So glad the hip is feeling better. Enjoy your run.

I did BBC Shoulders & Back plus the cardio section, 10 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes of pilates.

Gotta finish up. Boss is take me and a co-worker to lunch today.

Have a great day!

Jackie

Hi Ladies,

another short post as I am training someone in 5 mins. today i did isprints #19. most likely that will be all today as I have to get my house in shape for visitors starting tomorrow!!

lori- i received your card. thanks!!!

have a great day to all my cheetahbuds:7

hi lovely cheetah women! i am going to try to attempt personals starting with today and hopefully, won't fall so far behind again.

wendy-sorry you were up so early. i hate when that happens.

cathy-i think taking a sick day helped. more because i wasn't around all the kiddoes and their germs. also, i rested the entire day. i feel much, much better today. just a tad bit of a lingering cough. when are you done for break? we got out yesterday and go back on the 4th and the kids come back on the 7th.

lori-so, so glad you do not have to work on christmas. that will be nice. also, i wanted to let you know that when i posted about jamie spears, i was more thinking about her supposingly being a role model to many young girls and that, because of that, she should have been more careful. the fact that her mom let her live with her boyfriend is a whole other story!!!

shelly-i am feeling much better, thanks. a 5 mile run THEN nadia?! i call her nadia the nazi. she is really tough and not even nearly as nice to look at as rich and joey...

judy-i hope you are turning a corner, too. it has taken me six days to feel well enough to work out. i just hope i don't do too much too soon, but it felt so good to be running again. i have a lingering cough, but i think that's normal as it works it's way out.

wendi-so sorry about your blisters. i use moleskin if there is a place that i think is going to blister. it's usually just when i get new shoes. great job on your six hilly miles. i HATE hills!

christine-what is ASCII? isn't it funny how difficult it is for kids to keep presents a secret?

carole-i hope your hip is feeling better. both of mine were a bit sore during my run today but i think that's from not doing anything for six days! do you have classical stretch? she's really quirky but i always feel really stretched out when i'm done. she has good stuff for the hip flexors and IT band.

jackie-i really like BBC. i hope you enjoy your lunch. it's nice to be taken out, isn't it?

sunny-i like the 19 sprints. it's fun.

so, i did iTread #24/60 and ended up with 7 miles. i felt pretty good. i just have a bit of a cough now that i'm done. i am plannign on doing jari S&L in a few. i really need to do weights. then, i will do a stretch. it feels so good to be able to work out again!!!

xDF/BF stopped by yesterday on his way home to drop off my christmas gifts. we are going to open our gifts the day after. anyway, i really, really wanted 25 and 30 pound dumb bells but he didn't get them.x( he said when he was out he couldn't remember which "sizes" i asked for. dang! that was one of the things i was looking forward to the most! oh well. he also said he went to two places and they were sold out of bosu balls! he was going to get a generic one, but didn't think that was what i wanted. not that the presents are what's important, but darn, i was really looking forward to some new exercise stuff!

okay, enough of me being a scrooge!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_87.gif

Wendy – Great job on the 4DS Lower Body! I like that workout! I think I’ll do it next week. The weight calf work kills me – but it’s so important for me with my achilles issues! Enjoy 4DS BC – that one’s fun! DD14 (soon to be 15!) is doing well. She aced her mid-term in lifting. I cannot believe she can bench press 85 pounds – okay so that 1 or 2 reps, but still! They are constantly trying to find their max weight. She’s a strong little bugger! I’ll get her a gym membership this summer if she wants one. Until then she has school.

Carole – I did eat mostly veggie – I had a couple of BBQ meatballs that were delicious! I know Amy doesn’t break down the moves as well as Cathy, which is why I hesitated in getting it – but it looks like so much fun once you get the routine down! So bouncy! I plan on learning it on a 4” step! :p Glad to hear your hip/thigh is feeling better!

Jackie – Oh, enjoy your lunch with your boss and co-worker! How fun! I need to do a BBC rotation again soon! I hope you can sleep soon! I’m up at 4:30 (by choice) and have a hard time staying up past 9 – it’s annoying actually. :p I fall asleep in the middle of tv shows all the time, then I wonder what the heck happened!

I got KBX done – did the Good NRG Premix – the 57 minute one. That was fun. I like the combos in that one. The long one has too many “Weaves” in it for me. I feel nice and worked out!

Oh happy day, Cheetahs! The Dean just approved my last minute request to shut down and leave 2 hours early today! Yippee, now I can get home and finish up my baking and etc. My DH was pleasantly surprised with an unexpected bonus from his boss so he snuck in my car this morning and left me $300 on the console and said I’m to buy nothing for anyone but myself with it…yay…those 4D’s are jumping out and saying “pick me”, “pick me” more and more…lol..gotta wait for 5 more pounds though

While I’m boasting about my DH’s generosity, I’ll go ahead and share with ya’ll what he told me happened this morning: My DH stopped at Denny’s for breakfast at 4am on his way to work. There was a man huddling down under the shelter near the door. My DH asked the waitress who he was and she said he was just a guy trying to stay warm and out of the rain. My DH then asked if he was homeless and she said she thought so and then DH asked the waitress to go see if he was hungry and if so, give him a table and a menu and put the cost on Dh’s bill. Well the guy did come in and she seated him and he had a huge stack of pancakes and coffee obviously trying to get warm. My DH paid the 2 tabs, tipped the waitress a hefty wad, said “Merry Christmas” and was on his way….. My DH acts like a big Lion sometimes but I’m tellin’ ya he has a heart of gold and is the biggest softie I know…..

Christine – Confiscated at the door? LMAO! Uh, well we can always sneak the decals rolled up in a Pepsi can or something…No, the only WW plan I’m following is watching my weight go up…lol…actually I’ve lost 5 pounds and holding steady with damage control intentions until I start my BFL 12 week challenge which has it’s own eating plan.

Wendy – I hope Joey gets better so he can enjoy the lights. Uh, quit talking about the 4D’s cuz now I have $$$ burning a hole in my pocketbook and well…I’m supposed to wait 5 more pounds…lol

Cathy – Eeek, I hope you get through grading ok. I gotta tell ya, I have sooo much respect for teachers and what they go through. Yeah, DS did a good pick but he is terrible at hiding stuff because it is just plopped right there, bag open and so obvious when I was hanging something in his closet. Besides he already was talking about…sort of like Christine’s DD slip up…lol

Lori – Awe, I hope you don’t have to be interrupted from your lil’ guys’ Christmas. I’d volunteer to work for you but I think I’m too far away and I don’t even know what you do! LOL

Shelly – Chhyeahuh, no JK about it, you’ll be dragging me with the baby leash! I know your type, you say, “oh yeah, I run slow and it’s all downhill”…then proceed to run like there’s an Olympic trial or something "http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_3_110.gif"leaving me far behind in the dust….gagging and coughing, huffing and puffing….JK – sort of…….LMAO!!

Judy – No, I still have another round of baking but with the OK from the Dean to leave early I’m confident I’ll get it all done tonight so I can deliver my “goodie” packages tomorrow afternoon. Yes, I’m really excited and anxious to dive into my BFL stuff. I’m as bad as a kid waiting for Christmas to tear open the package!! LOL

Wendi, Wendi, Wendi – NUMERO UNO RUNNING RULE – never ever substitute aerobic shoes for running shoes; of course you know….oh dear, I’m so sorry, I hope the blisters will fade quickly – that is not fun. My feet would have just stopped and said, “That’s it sister, we’re not moving another inch until we get our shoes back”….

Carole – Yeah, only problem about me in the duffel bag though is I wouldn’t fit and besides you couldn’t lift THAT much!....lol. We could always show up dressed as Brady and Moss – certainly we wouldn’t be searched for decals and such then…right?.

Jackie – Enjoy your lunch! What is PB2??

Hi Sunny!

Lorie – Glad you’re feeling better. Please forgive me for what I’m about to “say” but I just have to……In my humble opinion, XDF needs to be traded in for a BOSU and 25 and 30 pound dumbbells…lol….i’m kidding but really, excuses, couldn’t he go one more place for the BOSU? and they’re easy to get from Linens and Things online with a coupon as well…maybe he got you a gift card to the dumbbell place so you can pick your size….Ok, I’ll shut up….I hope your scroogy feeling passes and some sunshine will come your way!

Ok, better get my work done now so I can skip on out of here early! Have a nice day, ladies!

Thomasina

Hello cheetahs! Finished with my run and have time for another check in and catch up with personals! It was windy and cool but the run felt good and I kept up a nice 9:30 pace for 5 miles. I'm just letting the legs recover a bit before I head downstairs for some BBC legs and cardio.

Judy- I'm not nearly creative and smart enough to come up with my own training plan. For the last one I used a Runnersworld plan. This time I went back with Hal Higdon and will be using the intermediate level training plan. Sounds like a fun stretch and easy cardio day for you:)

Wendi- Can you get ahold of any of those special blister bandaids?
Or any kind of small padding you can fit around the blister like a donut? Poor baby! I hope it doesn't hang you up with your bowling.... but you're such an ace I can't see that happening!

Christine- I'd say that ASCII is one of my all time favorite step workouts.... truly! But the first time you do it I'll bet you'll be thinking that you'll never learn it. I felt like it anyway, but as it turned out it really only took about 3 times before I pretty much had it down. The tutorials she does really help and once you get the moves and it "clicks" it is so FUN!!! Okay, now you have me wanting to do it!!!

Wendy- Aw shucks! You make me blush.... hey you are pretty dang impressive yourself with the weights you're hefting there for such a tiny cheetah like yourself. Great job! For the weekend I'll be going shopping tomorrow at Big 5 for some serious quality cold weather running wear. I'm determined to go for an 8 mile run Sat. morning and the temps will be well below freezing.

Carole- Okay, first Rudolph and now the Grinch. :+ I love all those Christmas classics!!! My favorite all time Christmas movie though is absolutely a Christmas Story.... ya know with Ralphie ...
"You'll shoot your eye out" and "I triple dogdare ya" I never get tired of that one! I'm so glad to hear that your hip is better!
I'm going shopping tomorrow for some really quality cold weather gear.:7

Jackie- Looks like we're both doing a round of BBC this week!:7
I think I remember you talking about running in place while Rich does his endless "explanations".... too cute! Was that you?

SunnyD- Good luck with the Cleanmax!! Are your visitors staying over the Christmas holiday?

Lorie- Glad to hear you are feeling better. Great job on the iTread today! I know how you feel about the Christmas gifts. The only ones I really get excited about are new fitness toys. I ask for them from my family but rarely get them. DH does come through now and then. I guess they are too intimidated.... or something!

Thomasina- Wow, that DH of yours is a real keeper! What a nice story to share.... he truly does have a heart of gold.. and I strongly suspect that you are two of a kind! I'm truly truly NOT
the speedster you think I am. Ask Carole! She ran 6 miles with me in LV and was definitely not huffin and puffin to keep up... maybe the other way around! ;-) And she was dealing with a painful hip too!

Okay, I think that about catches me up!
tata for now

ShellyC

thomasina-your post made me laugh! i definitely agree he could have put more time into it but that's him. last year, he went shopping for everyone the day before christmas!!! as for trading him in...right now i would gladly trade him in for a bosu or even just one dumbbell. i'm just generally annoyed with him. don't really know why and don't really have a reason.

i have no idea what he got me except for the three boxes that are from victoria's secret (he used their boxes so it's pretty obvious). not that ANYTHING from victoria's secret was on my list...such a typical guy thing to do. when in doubt about what to get, go to VS. i actually do wear their "pink" undies (they are really comfy) but i have enough of them.

there's other stuff there, but i can't tell what it is (believe me, i've shaken it and held it up to the light).

anyway, i am going to stop being scrooge-y.

i planned on doing jari love after my run, but i started it and just wasn't into it. i did stretching with the stability ball instead. just what i needed.

ETA:

shelly-yes, you get it! it's not that i don't appreaciate gifts, but i specifically asked for certain fitness items and that was what i was looking forward to most. also, i am going to have to go out and buy them anyway. i am sure his gifts are thoughtful, nice, blah-blah-blah, but i was really looking forward to some stuff to add to my fitness collection. i really don't need anymore underwear!

Lorie – you snuck in on me! I know what you mean about really wanting something, and dropping enough hints to sink the Titanic and then not getting it. I’ve been wanting a watch for 2 years now. We’ll see if this is the year DH FINALLY gets it. Doubtful. Oh well. ASCII is Amy Bento’s All Step Challenge 2. It has a learning curve like HIS – but it’s a full workout – no break down (well, except what will happen to me when I first attempt it!). I think my DH is afraid to step into VS. :p

Thomasina – what a sweet DH you have! The story of the homeless man was so touching! I had tears in my eyes! What a wonderful man! I, too, suspect you’re two of a kind. I’m going to take a page from your book and make myself earn my new videos by losing weight. I think it’s a great idea. When I get to goal, I’m going to reward myself with a pair of True Religion jeans (assuming that they are still “in” by then!). Enjoy the money DH gave you – another wildly sweet and loving gesture! I am chuckling at the idea of you and Carole (dressed like Brady and Moss – LMAO!) sneaking around the house decaling all the tv, and me sneaking around after y’all removing them! :p Now you HAVE to come – it would be too fun! (You, Carole and I would spend out time chatting and laughing – we’d never ever see the game – so you’ll be safe!).

Shelly – When I first saw the preview of ASCII my first thought was “Holy Cow, if I could ever figure that one out, it would be a blast!” I’m excited to get it to see if I can actually learn it. I love a good challenge. Nice job on the run!!

Sunny - Love iTread 19 Sprints.

Lorie - Sorry BF disappointed you with the Christmas gifts. Looks like he could have picked up the phone and asked. Maybe he will surprise you later. Let's hope.

Christine - I'm usually up by 4:30 every morning too. That's why I would rather sleep until that time instead of being awake. UGH!! I had spinach linguini and a salad for lunch today. The hostess asked us if we wanted to see the wine list. We all looked at her and started laughing. Sure we'd like to be a little giddy going back to work. Of course, we had to pass on that. Glad you enjoyed your KBX workout.

Thomasina - Glad you got to go home early today. What a lucky girl you are to have such a wonderful DH. Sweet! What a nice thing he did for the homeless man too. PB2 is powdered peanut powder. Here's the website: http://www.bellplantation.com.

Shelly - Good run for you today at that pace too. Yep, I jogged in place while Rich explained to me how to do the exercise. Guess he didn't think people would get tired of that after doing the workout several times. Have fun shopping for new gear.

Enjoy your evening ladies.

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.