::: CHEETAHS ::: Tear it up Thursday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :7

Thomasina :: BIG congrats on your excellent first week with BFL!!! After my "Free Weekend," I was afraid to weigh myself on Monday, but I should. I'm askeered!…BOSU Cheetah – I love it! Since I am totally obsessed with that thing. If no one objects, I'll take it. Love Speedy Cheetah for Shelly – perfect!

Lorie :: I’m glad the bloodwork came back normal…but sorry you have to deal with this for another month. The chocolate/caffeine theory sounds bizarre to me…keep us posted! In the meantime, I hope you can get some relief!…laughed my arse off at your temper tantrum smiley…I work hardest on my EXT when I keep the incline at 10. According to my EXT diagram, that hones in on the glute. The lower inclines work the lower legs more. 20 will concentrate on the hammies...Will have to check out that BOSU mish-mosh. Can you post it on the yahoo groups, too?…IA, you are definitely wise to take care of that hip. I think all runners are a bit hardheaded until a major injury comes along and we have to learn the hard way.

Sunny :: hope that computer gets fixed quickly! I'd be going insane.

Judy :: Think I missed ya, but have a great time in Florida! Thanks for the vibes ~ I think they helped! I’ve been workin’ like a machine. :)

Lori :: Congrats on your new Jeep!

Wendy :: Glad you enjoyed S&H…How about Pullup Cheetah?…I tried to register directly through your site, and BB assigned me to somebody else! ??? So I’ve emailed them to have it switched.

Christine :: I think we’re probably heading back to Blue. Killington’s not til the end of February. Saw the goldendoodle thread – yikes!…Well, if it were me, I would order *all* vids, rationalizing that they were TOOLS I needed to help me reach my goals…*lol* Awesome about the Lucky jeans!

Carole :: wow, I have never heard of Quorn – thanks for sharing…What is the Nordic?

Dallas :: I read that the fitter you are, the sooner you begin to sweat when exercising. Your body just becomes more efficient at cooling itself down.

Wendi :: great job getting out there in the frigorific temps!…I am in a hilly area, too, and I *always* find outdoor runs easier than the “DM” – to the point where I barely use it. It is probably psychological as Shelly says, and I would like to try to overcome it. But as far I’m concerned, nothing’ll beat a run in the fresh outdoors!

Jackie :: didn’t realize you had to drive so far for your massages! What about having someone come to your house?

Shelly :: that’s great that DH wants to keep gettin’ out there. Thank you much for the vote of NB confidence. Cheetah support means so much!

Kristi :: I only have two iTreads – the outdoor ones – so I can’t make a recommendation. Did you find out the CT scan results yet? My sinuses are still buggin’ me – think I have to give in and take something for it this morning.

I worked late yesterday (making a good dent in grading—am right on schedule), then poked my head in the gym to see the boys’ basketball game for a few minutes. However, there were no chaperones present (it was an oversight that they weren’t scheduled) to keep an eye on what turned out to be a large group of students from both schools, so I had to stay. It was 6:30-ish when I finally got home – 7:30 by the time I ate…I opted to save the HIIT for this morning. Felt like eating, but I stuck to the fasting plan. Great w/out! I'm really likin' HIIT. Tonight will be Slo-Mo legs and abs.

Have a great Thursday!!

cathy-my resistance settings on my EXT go from 1-10 but my incline only goes from 10%-30%. it does seem like it just works different areas. i will adjust the incline depending upon how i feel. i will post my mish mosh to yahoo. just for you, i will post my now favorite smiley because it snowed last night then turned to rain and the temperatuure is 32, so no ice which means NO SNOW DAY!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif it is all white and purty outside.

christine-defintitely got your back on the goldendoodle thread! heck, i got you back period, sister cheetah! yay for you and your lucky jeans!!!

carole-i know quorn. it's yummy! so is the morningstar farms ground "beef"

jackie-i am loving the EXT. never thought i would. oh, i forgot to tell you, you're photo with the trophy is tres' chic! good for you!

shelly-i think it is wonderful that dh walks with you. we just had an awful case here with a girl named meredith emerson. she was hiking with her dog and a serial killer abducted, tortured, and killed her. it is now known that he hung out at dog parks and used people's dogs as an angle to talk to them. i can not tell you how many times i have stopped when someone has wanted to talkt to me about my dogs or rescue...scary.

kristi-please let us know about your CT results!!! {{{good news vibes}}}

wendy-don't you just love when you can match cathe's weights? i can match her on back and sometimes on chest or triceps (depending upon the w/o), never on biceps! i will check out your website. i like S&H, too. problem is, the first time i did it, i did the WHOLE dvd. i got a super awesome w/o, but i was a little bored. i think breaking it up is the best.

dallas-yes, where do the days go??? it seems like work draaaaags, but then once i get home, i feel like it's instantly time to go to bed. the worst time suck is in the morning. i wake up an jour early to get things done (important things like post ;-) ) and the time absolutely FLIES!

lori-woo hoo for you and your new ride!!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_7_27.gif i l ike the 4DS UB premix. it's a bit long but a goodie!

wendi-i hope you have a short day today. i really am thinking about a pre-morning post of my w/o, but sometimes i just don't know what i'll feel like. i can't wait to get back with grace!
btw...your dinner last night sounds yummy! mine was sunflower seeds and some M&M's! isn't that healthy and clean?!?!

posh- i LOVE my smiley. what is is with these girls that will not come up with their cheetah names? we are going to have to get on them or they are going to get assigned names! ;-)

NO SNOW DAY TODAY!!! GRRRRR. i had already planned my off day. i was going to spend it working out and crock-potting! wah!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif
this morning's workout will be on the EXT. i am really fighting doing the iTread/iClimb that shelley had posted about but i am going to wait. i just want to see how my hip does with running. it didn't hurt at all last night when i did my bosu mish-mosh. i will post it:
high step circuit-cardio portions only
high step training-advanced cardio only
high step challenge-cardio only
barry's boot camp-non-treadmill cardio
jari love ripped 1000-cardio portions only

the only pain was that you have to go to the mix and match to do all the cardios (except for HSTA which has a cardio only premix), but it was a good time to catch my breath.

i hope all you wonderfuls are having a great morning. this will be my smiley for the day: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif

wow...i didn't realize i'd written a book up there!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_5v.gif

okay, i know i am being a pain in the @&%, but it would be great if everyone signed up for the yahoo group. it's "cathecheetahs" (remember, just go to yahoo groups and search for our name then apply to join). it's a good way to keep in touch with everyone or post important (or not so important) info. i also have a database for contact information (which is good for sending bday cards and such) and i think cathy is going to post a birthday list. alright, i'll shut up now.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_5_3.gif

Lorie :: looks like a great mish-mosh...*lol* that smiley is great!...Sorry the snow day fell through for you...Didn't you wear your pajamas inside out???...The resistance on mine goes up to 12, but I never get that high...hey, it is hard to come up with a name for yourself! Does BOSU Cheetah get your approval? I like Chic Cheetah for Jackie...Still thinkin' for Wendy. Little low on the creative juices lately.

ETA: Oh, I did post the b'day list...didn't it work? IA...sign up for the yahoo group, everyone!...It can be totally low-maintenance, not anything to "keep up with." We can post our mish-moshes there and it'll be in a safe, private, easy-to-access place. I also vote for Facebook, too! It's like the adult version of MySpace...and you can control your privacy settings, so that no one can find you in a search, if you like.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Good Morning!

I have 40 mins to go and I am outta here!:) Then Im gonna hit the hay for a couple of hours then pick DS up.
He as been such a joy lately. He is really getting a great personality but he is sooo cuddly these days! I could squat him.When I am in his playroom with him he will crawl/walk over cuddle into me, get down and go play again! I love it when he hugs me.

Cathy** So no workout last night? Atleast you did the responsible thing! hehe Glad to hear you are getting lots of work done!

Lorie** enjoy your workout today!

Im sore from head to toe today with yesterdays workout. What was I thinking? Did I think I wasn't going to workout anymore this weeK?;-) Todays workout will be a long run and abs.
I pretty much caught up on personnals last night~
Have a good day everyone!
Lori:)

cathy-CRAP! i forgot about the pjs!!! chich cheetah is definitely good for jackie. i am not letting you get off so easily with bosu cheetah..you are so pretty and kind. it has to be something about that. hmmm...wendy...coach cheetah? not sure. i will try to be creative and come up with some ideas for everyone.

Good morning cheetahs! Posting from work but I'm only here for the night and I have a couple off again:7 :7 I had a good time with the circuit #2 ASCII/slomo-- both of these circuits are real burners!!

Cathy, aka Bosu cheetah. - Personally, I think crazy cheetah is much more appropriate for me then speedy cheetah. Also, I think some of these new younger cheetahs can leave me in the dust anyway ;-). As if you don't have enough on your plate lately you had to chaperone a basketball game as well? :eek: I don't know how you are managing to cope!

Christine- Thanks for the link on the weighted kickboxing gloves... I will check them out. I really love both of the ASCII circuits and was glad that she used mostly different slo mo segments for each of them.

Dallas- I have been mostly a "circuit junkie" I guess when it comes to weight work in the past but I'd like to get back into more pure weight work in the future. Really looking forward to STS with that goal in mind. Did you preorder this?

Lori- Congrats on gettin the new Jeep!!! Is it mostly for your use and what color is it? I am currently in the early stages of training for my next marathon which will be April 19th in Salt Lake City.

Lorie- So glad to hear that you are feeling better! Sorry you didn't get the anticipated snow day x( That is a very disturbing story about the serial killer in your area. I have to admit I really don't
give it as much consideration as I should (my safety that is) but DH is so paranoid that he more than makes up for this! Great butt kickin Bosu mish mosh there!!

Wendy- I knew you'd love S&H--- right up your alley! I'd say you are going to be needing some 30lb DBs soon:eek:

Posh- You'll love the Bosu Blast workout on the Double Cardio vid!
I wish I had gotten this one alot sooner. I also really love the AllBodyCardio workout. Congratulations on your weight loss and continued success with your BFL plan.

Time to get busy here.... duty calls.

Today will be a 5-6 mile interval run and later 4DSBC + upper body.

ShellyC

Good morning ladies!

Ugh, sorry another drive by x(. Just wanted to post that I did BM2 Double UB and C&W Abs. Tomorrow will be a rest day because of horse showing so I probably should have done some cardio as my legs are feeling better than expected but this is what I had on the agenda...and all I had time for this morning.

I *might* get back here tonight before bowling but that could be a stretch as I know it's going to be a looooong work day today. I hope everyone has a great day...tear it up girls (I love it!)!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - You are one very busy cheetah. Good luck getting in your HIIT and Slo-Mo tonight.

Lori – Enjoy your new jeep!!

Lorie – I’m glad your tests went okay. I hope you don’t have a cyst and have to go through all that pain.

Christine – I’m glad your Dad is doing well. So how much more do you need to lose before you buy your Bosu? You must be almost there.

Thomasina aka Posh – Great job on the weight loss. Keep up the good work!

Wendy – When I order my P90X+ I might sign up with you as my coach so you can benefit from my purchase. I’m glad to hear it is free. I was going to ask you if there was a charge to sign up with a coach. It will probably be a month or so before I buy my P90X+. I’m going to use it as my motivation to lose some weight. Once I lose 12 pounds then I will be purchasing it.

Yesterday’s workout was awesome. During my lunch break I did BFL PLB and really felt great using as much weight as I could. Then after the kids went to bed I tried out itread Set 5 60 minutes. It was a tough workout, but I really pushed myself and am so proud that I toughed it out. I think I will be doing this one once a week to help prepare for my HM. Today is a rest day. However, I do plan to get in some tough ab work. My abs are pretty weak and I think working them harder will help make them stronger and help with my running.

So far, the test results aren’t back yet. I will be calling the doctor’s office again today.

Well, I need to get some work done. Have a great day! I’ll try to BBL.

Good Morning Chickadees!

Cathy: Busy day yesterday. I hope today is an easier one!:)

Lorie: I signed up on yahoo. Sorry it took me so long!!! I never used to be able to match Cathe's weights or atleast I didn't think I could so I never tried until pretty recently! I can rarely match her in biceps either. She usually lifts far too heavy for the amount of reps with bi's for me! I can match her with every other body part though depending upon the work out. It's so cool! LOL I don't think I'd want to do more then one segment of S&H at a time. Regardless of wether it's boring compared to the other work outs, I don't have a large enough attn span to get me through more then an hour of lifting at a time!:p If you decide to sign up on my webpage (remember-no pressure!), please let me know before you do it. If you've ever purchased from BB before you could have another coach and not even know it. Thanks!

Lori: I don't recall what work out you did y'day to get all of that DOMS. Please refresh my memory! I love it when Joey gets cuddly with me too. The hugs and kisses are AWESOME!

Shelly: How do you manage ALL of 4DS upper body at one time?? I tried that once and I just couldn't do it. I HAVE to split it in half!

Wendi: Ooooh! BM2 Double Upper is a killer work out! }(

Kristi: I love you! LOL Yes, it's definately FREE! You can get access to me (the best part :p ), the forums I believe and the MDB game which is pretty cool. When you sign up I'll tell you about it. Now go lose that 12 pounds girl!}( WTG on the Itread work out! Pick up Itread 9/60 minutes if you can! OMG, THAT is a TOUGH work out but it's great!!!

K, my time here is up. Munchkin is carryin' on like crazy upstairs!:7

BBL!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I sucked down the Airborne and took a Claritin last night, and I’m actually feeling a little better this morning. I have my fingers crossed. I’ll be doing some cardio – not sure what or how intense yet. Might take it a little easier today.

Thomasina – Glad to hear BFL is going fantastic!

Dallas – I’m with you – I turn around and another year has passed!?! Try this one for the football link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGbua9TV18c . :p I have no clue as to what Amy is sending, she just mentioned she would send a surprise with all preorders. I like the gloves I got – they fit like my fighting gloves (not boxing – these have the finger tips cut out, and are less padded than boxing gloves) and do not slip. Another great workout!

Lorie – Oh darn! We don’t get snow days here, so I was hoping to experience one vicariously through you! Enjoy your Mish Mosh! Thanks again for getting my back! Nice to be a Cheetah! Hope your hip is feeling better! I wonder if your hip pain is related to the other stuff going on? Just curious.l

Lori – oooh, I LOVED my Wrangler! I don’t have it any more, but I have a Gun Metal Blue (a little lighter than you blue, but not much – very similar) Wrangler with a soft top. It was a great car. How fun to have your own wheels again! I’d go nuts without my own wheels! :p You are vying for the title of SuperCheetah with your workouts! Wow! No, I’m not hungry with the weight loss – except yesterday I was – so I ate a little more, but it was healthy. I’m 5’10 so I get a lot of points – and I eat all of my activity points as well (I determine them via my HRM). I just make sure I eat filling foods. Like yesterday for lunch, I was starved and did not want a salad, so I got grilled salmon with fruit salsa, stir-fried veggies and rice (of which I only ate some) and I was full when I was done.

Wendi – Sounds like a fabulous dinner with DH last night! Enjoy your UB body workout today! Thanks for the well-wishes for my dad! I called him yesterday and he sounded drunk from all the drugs – it was kind of funny, but he’s doing well – he’s up and walking around a bit, already. Amazing. No worries about me EVER looking like Nicole Ritchie – I just am not built that way! Thank goodness! DH really enjoyed the jeans, too. He dropped me off after lunch and whistled at me as I walked away. Man, Lucky’s are great butt jeans! :+

Wendy – Of course you loved S&H C&B! It’s your kind of workout! I think being a MDB Coach is great for you!

Thomasina – YEAH!!! WAY TO GO!! That’s great incentive to keep going! *Hi Fives Posh* When we both reach our goal weight – lets go shopping at the Posh Santana Row and buy something very Posh to celebrate! I think it’s necessary. :p

Cathy – Sounds like you’re going to have fun skiing this year – good for you! Good job at making a good dent in grading. I think being a lit teacher and grading papers must be tough! I’m glad you’re enjoy HIIT! I wish people would really think before they just get a dog because it’s cute, or supposedly this, that or the other thing. I just backed off as the one poster was intent to prove me wrong – even though I strongly disagree with all she said. Oh well. Such is life. I like your rationalization. I might need to use that!!!

Shelly – Glad you have a few days off now! I’m doing ASCII CT 1 tomorrow – I’ll be on an airplane all day Saturday so I figured it would be a good one to keep the blood flowing for a while. I think the only repeat on them is the glute wraps (or whatever – the one with the leg wrapped around the barbell).

Kristi – Well, if anything were majorly wrong, the test results would be back a lot sooner – that’s what I’ve found. So I hope this is all good news! For the Bosu I have 7 more pounds. These are the tough ones. I can get to here pretty easily. Now, I need to buckle down! Glad you enjoyed your workout!

Well, as I mentioned above, I talked to dad yesterday and he's doing well - a little punch drunk from the drugs (and quite funny to talk to as he's NOT a drinker), but well. They have him up walking around already. He's in pain, but that's to be expected. Looks like all is going well! I cannot wait to see him! Talk to y'all later!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Nordic is a nordic track machine that simulates cross country skiing. They were popular about 10-15 years ago. It of course is no impact so I love it, and it gives you a good arm workout too. Happy you made a good dent on grading...nice of you to chaperone without warning. Enjoy your Slo-mo leg workout. I got your B-day list from the yahoo group so yes it worked.

Wendi..good job on the brisk outdoor run yesterday. Can't help you out with that question as I don't use a TM. Your boss sounds like a pain in the YKW! As far as making you work that long day. Sounds like a yummy dinner with your SO last night. Good job with BM2 upper and C&W abs.

Lorie..glad the test was negative. It could definitely be something hormonal, peri menopause can start at 35 for some women. I will pray that you do NOT have a cyst. Sorry you don't get a snow day..:(...I like Morningstar sausage patties also.

Lori...Congrats on the new Jeep! WOW!! you kicked some butt on that 4DS workout. I can imagine a hug from your little DS is the absolute best feeling...:)..Enjoy your run and ab workout today.

Kristi...I hope you get the CT results soon!

Christine...way to go on the continued weight loss and getting into those jeans!! When to you go to NC to visit your Dad? Those weighted gloves look comfy. I hope the Airborne works to nip this thing in the bud!

Shelly...so glad DH will keep up his exercising. I am not sure when I will try for more distance. Susan told me about this book called "Pain Free" and I will try some exercises today. I do miss distance running and will be there as soon as I can...:)...Enjoy your run and upper body workout today.

Wendy...good job with S&H C&B.

Jackie...not sure I'd like driving an hour for a massage either. I use quite a few of the Quorn products. Power & Grace sounds interesting!

Dallas...Good job with your iTread workout yesterday. 2 of my clients told me about that cloned meat yesterday...OMG! I have not eaten meat in almost 4 years.I feel strongly it is a better way to eat. The Nordic track workout was fun. I use iTreads for it and have a good time.

Tomasina...I have used those Quorn tenders also. I saw some patties with Gruyere cheese on their website that looked yummy but I have not seen those in any of our stores yet. I know just how you feel about Football...:(...but I am still pulling for GB and then SD this weekend so of course I will watch..

I will be doing Slo-mo C&B abs (I missed them yesterday) and a 3-4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Shelly - How is DH back? Something is better than nothing. I'm right there with you on being happy to be post menopausal. I feel so much better than when I had those TOM days. Power & Grace is by Gilad. I only have 3 of his workouts and I like those.

Kristi - How cute that DD wanted to sit on you during your workout. Your training plans sound good.

Christine - Congratulations on getting into those Lucky jeans! They are lucky aren't they. You're going to melt away young lady. You must be on cloud 9.

Wendy - Great job on S&H! Love those workouts! I'm already a member of MDB. How do I change my coach?

Thomasina - The posh life is just so hard. :) Thanks on the pic. Can't wait to showcase that little trophy. Of all the trophies I've won - and it's only a few - I'm the proudest of this one. What awesome results you're having with BFL. Congratulations on your 4.1 pounds and BF loss! Love the Double Cardio workouts!

Dallas - Oh, no! I misunderstood. I only put the elastic strap in the washer and hand wash the battery section. Power & Grace is more of a lower body workout with no weights. It's enough to get these legs sore.

Lorie - Glad you had your energy back. Hope AF comes by soon. We didn't get not a speckle of snow here.

Lori - Yay for the new Jeep! What color did you get? Good job on 4DS UB.

Wendi - Glad you found time to chat a little. Thanks for the compliment. I'll keep that SS aimed and ready to go. }( Your dinner last night sounds so delicious.

Cathy - I could probably get a massage closer but I have a membership where I go. Most of the time I just go when I visit DBF because he lives in the area. Just haven't taken the time in Dec. or Jan. to go get the prepaids. And, the massages are cheaper that way. Can't have everything convenient, can we? :) Think too the cold temps make me not want to get out. Glad you got some grading done. It was nice of you to stay and chaperone the game. Great job sticking to your plan.

Will have to finish up personals later. Gotta get some work done!

My workout today was iClimb #3 20 minutes. I did Janis Saffell Kick It Kickboxing workout on the Bosu and used my weighted gloves. Made it so much more fun. I also did 10 unassisted pull ups and 5 assisted and a little extra stretching.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Quick check in to say that I did a KB Mish Mosh of KCM Step Box, the HI Drills from KPC and the drills from KPC. My core and my lats are nicely fried from the gloves. I really like those. I'm feeling A LOT better than I was yesterday! Those healing vibes must be working!

I'm flying out to North Carolina bright and early Saturday morning. I'll get onto the island around 7ish and pick up some groceries so we're stocked and ready to go for when dad comes home - I'm picking him up on Sunday. HAVE to do it before the Pats game - although I'm not veru good at watching the critical games. I tend to put too much heart into them. :p

Off to the shower. Thanks for your support ladies - as I think we've all said at one time or another - The CHEETAHS ROCK!!!

Good afternoon ladies,

still no computer at home..GRRRRRx( i am dyin.....

wendy- if you don't mind me asking did you have to pay a fee to become a coach?

christine- so glad to hear your dad is doing well. did you get my email?

lorie- do i need to sign up and get a yahoo account first?

dallas- didn't do the BC workout yesterday.

today will be my TT workout (and BBC cardio) i was supposed to do yesterday. had some DOMS from tues so opted to give my muscles a rest.

gotta go. TTYL..

I'm back!

Lori - That was a mighty tough workout if you're sore from head to toe. I've had those days too. Love the Jeep! You will look good in that.

Lorie & Cathy - You're coming up with great names for all the Cheetahs. I think I could take a liking to Chic Cheetah! :7 How about ski bunny cheetah for Cathy or something to do with skiing?

Shelly - Enjoy your nigths off! Good job on the circuit workouts! Hope you had a good run.

Kristi - Good job on the workouts yesterday. Enjoy your rest day. Hope you get test results soon.

Christine - Glad you're feeling better. So glad to hear your dad is doing so well.

Carole - I'll have to stick with getting massages when I visit DBF. That's the price you pay living in a small town. I'll have to check out some more of the Quorn products. Again, I have to wait until I visit DBF. Can't find a lot of variety at home. Enjoy Slo Mo abs and your run.

Sunny - Enjoy your workout!

That should catch me up. Almost time for lunch.

Jackie

Good Afternoon Girls!

I am back from the gym and we've eaten lunch. In a few minutes DS will go down for his nap and I'll have a couple hours to myself with no worries of doing a work out. Aaaaah!:)

I did one of my new ones...Itread 26/30 mins. It's fast and flat. Perhaps it could be a mini #9/60 minutes. I'm not saying they are identical but same idea...it's all about speed! I covered 2.87 miles in less then 27:30. Had I gone 3 miles It would have been in the 9 minute mile range for the whole work out. That's fast for me! I'm happy! :)

Jackie and Sunny: I've PM'd both of you in regards to your MDB questions. :+

Well, let me go get the little guy off to his nap and the java brewin'. I have lots o' time today before I head out to train so I've got no excuse not to do personals!;)

BBIAB!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.