Cheetahs Super Duper Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Mornin' Ladies.

I actually set my alarm this morning...something I rarely do anymore cause I tend to just wake up early. I wanted to be sure, though, that I was up early enough to be able to have my coffee, hang out and wake up before having to get myself and DS read to leave for the race this morning. I am so excited-the weather is supposed to be gorgeous ALL weekend! Imagine that! 2 races in 3 days and NICE weather for BOTH of them. WOW!:)

Last night went well. The training was another success. BF was a little under the weather so she took it a bit easier but opted to do the entire routine. I had told her she can leave out the cardio if she's not up to it but she was a trooper and did it all!!! I think I may see a Catheite in the making!}( ;) :)

K, let me get this posted so that there are no doubles this morning.

I'll be back once others start posting. :)

Hey Cheetahs:) I'm in the mood for the Gauntlet today and I'll tack on the upperbody work from B-Max2, Laurie needs a good @$$ kickin' today}( We're heading up to Ottawa for my neice's (sp?) wedding. It's my husband's side of the family and I always go into these events with a heavy heart, he should be there. Being surrounded by his family feels like picking at an old wound:( I figure if I dread it, it won't be as bad as I expected. Having said that I just love it when my 3 Girls and I get gussied up, I dare say we create quite the wave of feminine energy when we're together:)

Wendy, good luck in your races this weekend. You are one ambitious Cheetah. Good job with your BF, nice that you were willing to show her some mercy, even better that she pushed through. Maybe a Wendyite in the making:)

Cathy, strange how we expect pat results from advanced medical testing yet too often results become yet another of life's little mysteries. The body is such a strange and wonderful thing. So many of us walking around with anomalies that we are oblivious too. Prayers to you. I was moved by Harry's speech too, her boys are so impressive. The day Diana died was the 5th anniversary of my John's diagnosis. We watched the whole tragic drama unfold that night and when we were told she was dead he looked at me and said 'there you go Laurie, they tell me I'm dying now she's gone and I'm still here, there's nothing between living and dying'. I loved him so much in that moment, such strength, courage and enduring pragmatism......He died 2 months later.:( Wow, I'm in full tilt bummer dude mode today...

Carole, I thought of you yesterday as I dodged a dive bomber bug on my run, in your honour I killed the little #%*#$. I need to catch up on what's gone on here. The chi running sounds very interesting.

Christine, so glad that your daughter got settled in her dorm room. Such a time of transition doesn't need any added drama.

Jess, OMG Girl, you have got the most gorgeous hair!! Thanks for sharing your picture.

Time to get my shot of adrenaline and endorphins}( Later Ladies:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hello Weekend Cheetahs-

Cathy- Please let us know from what you learn from the appointment with the neurologist.

Carole- Did you feel rushed with the metronome, or did you make smaller strides?

Elaine- I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to be symptom free. Keep on stretching!

Amy- have a great beauty maintenance day! This was a maintenance week for me also. I had a nail fill, haircut and hi light. Next week is pedicure and bikini wax. Before we head out to Lake LasVegas) Good thing my DH doesn't mind!

Wendy- So training is going well! That is fantastic! Did you work your abs with your friend/ client after all ?

Yesterday, I opted for doing Cardio coach 6 (Sean) on the EXT with an extra 5" of steady state at the end and 25" of yoga. I just didn't feel like impact. Today will be some kind of run. I am still undecided as to if I am doing p90X modified in September and if 3 runs per week with it is reasonable. (MWF)

Tata~~~ I'm off to roast a chicken for some friends. They are moving today, and we are bringing them some food.

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Hey Cheetahs!! Did a *long* run for me today, 6.1 miles (10K)!! It felt awesome. Didn't mean to run quite that far, but if you run out about 3 miles, you still have to run home!! ;-) It was in the 50's this morning, felt like fall!! I love it!! Mikey loved it too, he was a happy dog.

Thanks for the compliments on the new 'do, so far I love it!! It's still long, but the layers/ thining make it more manageable!

My Mom is coming to visit today, we're taking the girls to Chuck E. Cheese & to a movie (I think Mr. Bean's Holiday). Fun fun!! Greg has been roofing all day y'day & today, one more roof next weekend & they're done for the year!! We are getting a new furnace (desperately needed, it's almost 30 yrs old!) and a few other needed things, so the extra money is handy!!

Tomorrow we have a family reunion to go to, and then Monday we're having a cookout here w/ about 10 friends & kiddos. Should be lots of fun!

Have a great weekend, Cheetahs!!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...that is great for the good weather...we are just nasty hot. Good luck in the race and let us know how you do.

Laurie...seems Diana's passing brings back a lot of memories for us. I have tears in my eyes reading your story about your DH...my Dad passed away also that year, 2 months after Diana's passing. I hope you enjoy the Gauntlet and have one awesome time getting all dressed up for the wedding with your girls!! Good job on snuffing out that bug!! I am finding Chi running interesting...:)

Amy...enjoy your day of beauty.

Judy...I did have some trouble keeping the 85 cadence with the metronome. I did take smaller strides. But like I posted to Cathy, after reading on the Chi forum about using the metronome I can start out at a lower cadence and slowly build up to 85, which is what I plan...Enjoy your run today.

Jess...good job on the 10K mileage!

Cathy...I just carried the metronome. A bit bulkier than an iPod. I know they make ones that clip on to your shorts and that would be better. I was reading thru the Chi forum last night and it looks like I can start to slowly build up to the 85 cadence, so tomorrow for my longer run I will set it lower. Hard to believe it has been 10 years for Diana...:(

I am doing Amy's Kickbox Xtreme and some leg work today.

Have a great day...:)

Mornin' Cheetahs!

Quick checkin here! We are going to Santa Barbara today to meet up with friends. I'll have just enough time to get a 1 hour bike "ride" in if I hurry up here!

I'll BBL this afternoon because I really want to post some personals!

Talk to you then!

Hi Cheetahs!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I am a very happy Cheetah. I expected to come in some where around 35 mins with this 5k because it's an extremely tough course with many hills and couple of REAL DOOZIES that I personally have to walk up. Well, to my pleasant surprise I came in at an unofficial time of 31.56! I am waiting for them to post results to see if I am correct. I went by their clock. I remembered to look today :p and did not wear my garmin to avoid confusion. 31.56 is 5 seconds faster then my first ever 5k race that I ran last October and it was a FLAT road race and I came in at 32.01! The one one I did today was a hilly trail run in a park! WOOH HOO! :+ :+ :+

Okay, I have to go get mini-cheetah off for his nap early today as we are heading out to sil's no later then 3 and need him to be well rested.

I'll be back in a bit!:)

Another quick check in - sorry ladies! My workout for today is lifting boxes. We're moving DD18 into her dorm and have to be there by 10AM. That's fine with me, I'm still not 100%.

Great job on the race Wendy!!!

Christine: Hope you are at 100% soon! Hope DD's move goes smoothly. Does she have a roommate?

Elaine: So what are you and your friends doing in Santa Barbara today? Hope it's a good time. How was the bike ride?

Carole: Kickboxing and leg work is a great work out combo! Enjoy it! The weather was GORGEOUS for the race this morning. OMG, I couldn't have asked for better!:)

Jess: Your hair looks really cute, BTW! Have fun with the kids today. I would love to go see the Mr. Bean movie as I happen to be a fan of his antics! I saw his first movie and had the collections of Mr. Bean episodes on VHS for a while but I finally sold them because we don't use a VCR anymore. I would like to replace the collection on DVD someday though. Anyway, I don't know if I'll be able to convince anyone to go see that movie with me. The friend I went with to the first movie isn't around these days. Oh, and great run!

Judy: How nice of you to cook for your friends. Are you helping them move as well? I think you could run 3x per week while doing the X. Yes, I did the ab work with my friend last night, btw. :)

Amy: Nice pampering day you have planned for yourself! You deserve it after all of the hours you put in with the kids this summer! ENJOY! :+

Laurie: I am sure it's hard on you but it's so wonderful of you to attend your DH's family's functions despite how they make you feel. (((hugs))) Try to enjoy it. Get out there and dance your butt off with your girls! I'm sure you will all look beautiful today!:+

Oh! BTW, DH was hangin' in the playground area of the park where the race was held while I was running. There was another father there with his son (the boys played together the entire time!) who's wife was in the race as well. Well, they got to talking and it turns out that this guy is friends with a woman who owns a gym in the area AND she's a PT!!!! DH and this guy exchanged phone numbers. I may be getting a call soon to discuss a possible job!!! OMG, I am sooooo nervous!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey Ladies,
A super duper quick check-in. I have to run to costco to get a cake for my friends b-day. I did all of BM2 yesterday and it was an awesome workout. Today, I will run 3 miles and do ME abs. I gotta go! Have a great day ladies!

Susan

Hi cheetahs~ :D :D :D

Late check-in for me today. It’s a beautiful, breezy, sunshine-filled Saturday here. I woke up super early and went for a 50 min. walk/run with my dad at a nearby park (it was mostly walking) and then followed it up with L&G #11 (no ankle weight work). Showered and then went back to bed; even though it was by no means an intense workout, I was overcome by tiredness for some reason and needed the zzz’s. After a few personals, I’ll schlep my laptop outside and continue working on lesson plans out there.

Speaking of personals, I am wondering if some folks are going back and actually reading them...I have asked a few questions lately and have curiously gotten no response. Please do read them! :)

Wendy :: WTG on the PR, woman!! You rock!!! And here, I thought you were going to take it easy on this one in light of Monday’s race. What was I thinking??? *lol*

Laurie :: I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding and that it is not overshadowed by the sadness it must bring to be surrounded by John’s family ~ it is the big moments and events in life when you feel the loss especially hard…big (((HUGS))) to you…He sounds like a one-in-a-million kind of guy…Thanks for the prayers sent my way…I’m not too concerned ~ I feel that it were something serious, I would have been referred to the hospital…*lol* about the bug you decimated in Carole’s honor. :)

Judy :: I sure will; thank you for the concern. I very much appreciate my cheetah friends!…Mmm, roast chicken…sounds delish…You sound like such a kind and thoughtful friend ~ and everything you cook/bake sounds FAB! I’m getting hungry now. *lol*

Carole :: so it is almost upon the 10-year anniversary of your father’s passing :(…sometimes it’s hard to believe that life has gone on for so long without someone you cherished…I’ve skimmed through much of Chi and read in detail only certain portions of it, not the metronome section. I’ll be curious to see how this contributes to your training. It sounds as though it has been very effective so far. And is the heel feeling fine?

Christine :: Happy move-in day for DD ~ hope you feel a little better!!! I propose I drive a little north, pick up Judy, and we'll come by with a chicken! ;)

Hi Susan, Elaine, Jess, Amy, and anyone else dropping in.

Have a great day, all! :) :) :)
[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Elaine...hope you got in that bike ride!!

Wendy...congrats on a PR with a tough course!! http://bestsmileys.com/signs16/19.gif[/img]...and then a possible PT job in the works??...Things are going so well for you girl...makes me smile...:)

Christine...good luck with DD18's dorm move. Hope you lift carefully...:)

Susan...way to go with BM2 and then a run roday!

Cathy...thanks for posting that about everyone reading the posts. I have had some questions missed too...:(..I was way tired today also. Think it is due to TTOM. I like to hear about you walking with your Dad...:)...Yes, 10 years in Oct. It is always during football season that I miss him most. He taught me all about FB when I was about 12 and we watched many games together. My heel has been great. I have been massaging with the golf ball and icing daily. I am doing a few exercises barefoot to strengthen the foot itself. I did find a clip on metronome at Amazon for about $12.95, I'll give you the link if you are interested. I do think Chi running will help me a lot. You know, it is fun to so look forward to my runs again ever since reading the book and practicing the technique.

So I only did the 1st 4 sections of Amy's kickboxing. I was just dead tired. DH and I were arguing last night so I did not sleep well...:(...and TTOM probably contributed too! I wanted to conserve some energy for my long run alone tomorrow. My sister is camping and my other friend is in Texas visiting her Mom (who has terminal cancer).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.