::::CHEETAHS::::Sunny Sunday!

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetahville!

I just wanted to get us started this morning. I'm getting myself psyched up here to do 4DS Bootcamp/UB Circuit premix. This could be interesting as I can *barely* walk this morning with the bootay and hammy DOMS I've got from yesterday's workout :eek: }(...yeowzas!!! I figure BC's cardio is probably the easiest on the legs of all of Cathe's circuits lol. Riding ought to be interesting today.

Let me get this show on the road and, hopefully, I'll have a couple of minutes to check back before heading to work.

See ya guys in a bit!

never made it here yesterday on account of no sleep the night before and raging cramps and ttom-related yuckiness. i did absolutely NOTHING yesterday with the exception of a bit of the washing and folding and some dishes. basically, i laid around watching tv and being a slug!

i woke up early with cramps, so today's not lookin' too good. hopefully, i can at least push out the nrolw workout i was supposed to do yesterday!

i hope everyone is having a great sunday morning!

Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Today will be a shorter long run of 6.

Carole ~ I like having the DVDs as well...I am at the tail end of a book now and plan to start this one next. How was DSis's b'day dinner? I was in heaven last night with lobster ravioli...I really like KenpoX+, too. Big improvement over the original.

Gloria ~ There are so many professional books I want to get to this summer. That sounds like a good one but probably more relevant for my former district. Totally agree with your statements...Sorry about your car issues, but it's good it didn't overheat. What is a bomb fire? Yay on signing up for the 15K!

Christine ~ IA with you on getting more done at home with fewer interruptions...A new 'do sure can make ya feel great...Yeah, my long run today is a scaled back one. I'm glad. The last one in this heat was NOT fun.

Wendi ~ Good to have another ultra-early bird around. :) Oh yeah, my tri DOMS are still in effect. Did the storms bring any relief? We had some lightning but no rain.

Hi Dallas & Wendy (great job on your race). ETA: Hey, Lorie (sorry about your cramps).

All right, caught up on personals. Have a terrific Sunday!

Good morning cheetah chicks!!

I am psyched my scale is still moving in the right direction and i am dropping inches!! lovin' AB, wooohooo!
ladies, i am in a quandry lately with me and dh's schedule we haven't been seeing each much, just kinda of tag-teaming it with the kids. he drops off and i pick up. so he wants us to match our schedules so we can spend time together working out. he is not interested in doing AB. i really enjoy it when we workout together so i am definitely not opposed to the idea and we definitely need to spend some time together when it is just us. it would just mean giving up AB for now.....hmmm what to do?? i will keep you posted.

today's workout is a run at the outdoor track with intervals of running the stairs. i really liked that workout last week and it burned an insane amount of calories which i will need as i have a batch of brownies baking right now (part of dh's father's day celebration!!) and need to burn all the extra calories i can. plus after church we are going out for brunch:9

wendi- hopefully the DOMS won't keep you from being ablet to workout today!

lori- ugh, TTOM always slows me down and wipes of my strength, willpower and energy. push thru lady:D

gloria- you will do wonderful with the 15K!!

shelly- your new pad sounds SA-WEET!!

have a great day to all!!

ETA: cathy you snuck in on me- so glad you are enjoying TT. definitely goes well with your HM training. have a great run today!

Good morning lovely cheetahs! Didn't really sleep well last nite. Mainly from being in a strange environment. I'm not used to hearing the sounds of a large city at night! My kitties are still settling in. Well, one of them is quite comfortable all ready, but then again he is like that... very friendly easy going. My other kitty spent most of yesterday under the bed, hopefully she'll come out more today ;-)

Yesterday's race was a tough one... pretty warm and humid. When I started sweating at the start before even beginning I knew it wouldn't be a fun one. I pretty much decided right then that I wasn't going to push it. NOT worth it! What really made the day was meeting up with our Ms Wendy again... all pretty in pink yesterday. Looking adorable and awesomely fit in her pink running gear! Well, I kept my pace pretty conservative so I could more or less enjoy the day and not kill myself. I finished in 43:47 pacing around 8:45 I think.

After moving in here yest afternoon I did ITR in my "workout room".
I was given a 2 bdrm since there were no 1 bedrooms available so I'm using the second one as a workout room. It's a corner room of the entire apartment building so the views are pretty inspiring.

This morning I'm ready to give the legs a go around so I'll be doing BM2 scrambled eggs. I have lots of errands to attend to today. Picking up odds and ends at Walmart and food shopping. I'll also make a trip to the hospital so I know exactly where I'm going tomorrow. I'll explore Philly some today and take advantage of the relatively calm Sunday traffic.

Later today I'll get in some EXT work in the fitness center :7 :7

ShellyC

Hi chickadees!

Workout is done but I was hoping for a little higher calorie burn than what I managed. Oh well, I'll just have to ride that many more horses today lol :p...J/K!

Carole - So sorry you are missing your dad. We get along fine I just *never* hear from him unless I initiate the contact so I think I'm starting to get the picture there that he really could care less and, truth be told, neither could I at this point. Great workout yesterday! MMMMMMM, mexican :9 :9!!!

Gloria - I'm glad you were able to get your car home in one piece! Hopefully all you need is a little coolant. I've got a little '96 Corolla with 214,000 miles on it that I paid off 5 years ago and you can bet I'm driving that puppy until the day it dies :p.

Lorie - I hope you feel better soon, love...yuck! Sometimes you do need days like that though to recharge and letthe body heal. I hope you feel up to your workout today.

Sunny - Ha, I guess the thread title was a direct shout out to ya, huh lol? Congrats on the progress!!!! I wish I had some advice regarding your scheduling issue :(. I do think it's wonderful that your DH wants to share workout time with you, though. There's no way you could convince him to try AB with the results that you're seeing?

Cathy - Enjoy your run today! Unfortunately, what we call the "bubble effect" has struck again at the farm. It poured yesterday evening everywhere *except* at the farm. The girl that lives there said we didn't get a single drop and less than a mile away got like 1/2"...WTH??? The ring is sooooo dry right now that it's like riding in the Sahara, but with humidity...not nice x(.

Shelly - Can you see how green with envy I am over here??? NICE workout space!!!!! Great race yesterday! I know it was just plain nasty yesterday and can't blame ya for staying a bit conservative...although I would hardly call 8:45 conservative LOL! I hope your kitty decides to come out and explore the new digs some more today. When I first moved into the house I'm in now mine didn't come out from the kitchen cabinets (whole 'nother story) for days lol. I hope you're able to sleep a bit better tonight. Enjoy you're very jammed packed day!

Gotta get my very sore, very tired booty moving here. Hasta luego chicas!

Good Morning!

Wendi: Riding should be interesting with those DOMS! LOL! :)

Lorie: Sorry about the cramps. Sometimes we need to hunker down into TV mode. Hope you are feeling better soon! :)

Sunny: Time with my DH has been valuable too. Thanks for building my confidence on the 15K! Missed you around here lately! :)

Cathy: Maybe it is bon fire???? I was questioning myself when I wrote that yesterday. It was just a campfire with friends. Lobster ravioli? That sounds divine! Yeah, the book would have been more relevant in your former district. Have a great 6 miles!

I am tired. Drinking the java right now to wake up a bit. I will work out and do the final prep for summer school. Apparently I have a lot of little buggers in there so I will have to put on my mean face tomorrow. Have a great day ladies!

Wendy- Oh your poor foot!!! I can just picture your reaction after taking off your shoes yesterday! How is it today?

Wendi- Hope you survive the riding today with that serious case of booty DOMS.

Lori- sorry your dealing with those nasty cramps and I hope you can get in some kind of workout.

SunnyD- Congrats on some awesome results!! Are you sure you can't convince DH to try the AB workout? I'm not sure why you can't do this while he is doing his own thing.... you're still together aren't you and can comment, talk, support each other. Yes, this pad is primo saweeet! (LOL)

Cathy- Hey, enjoy your shorter run today!!

Gotta remember to call dear old Dad today... I'm a lucky gal, I got myself the BEST dad in the world!!

ShellyC

Shelly: Great time for not pushing it! When you have time I bet all of us would like some pics of the new lavish pad. Hope your kitty gets comfortable soon! Speaking of kitties, I may be able to talk DH into one soon! }(

Wendi: Great getting in the workout already! Yeah, the car is still alive and we drove it to the party last night. It did not overheat, but will be taking it to the car doc tomorrow.

Good Sunday morning :)

I didn't get a chance to check-in yesterday. Busy things to do around the house and it was my rest day. I'm pretty pumped with my workouts lately. Body fat has been dropping like crazy and weight has remained the same. I don't want to lose anymore weight just lean out and have popping muscles :) I really think what has helped me as well is clean eating. So today it's either a 4miler on the track or a HIIT. Haven't decided yet }( I also will work triceps and some core stuff.

I need to check yesterday's check-in to catch up on personals.Gonna grab a refill, then I'll post personals.

Edited to add personals :

Sunny: Excellent on inches lost :) You go girl :) That's nice that your hubby wants to workout with ya. I can't workout with mine-- he talks too much LOL. Hope you can find some time to spend with DH.

Cathy: How was the run this morning? At least it isn't as humid this morning.

Wendi: GREAT workouts. You are a machine working out then going to work. Your work sounds like a workout in itself. I'm sorry you don't really have a relationship with your dad. My adopted dad is a good man but is guarded with his feelings etc. My biological Dad welcomed knowing me but my bio-siblings nixed it. Oh well :) their loss :)

Gloria: Congrats on signing up for a 15K. You will do fine with it. That's cool your DH is making some $ at his shop.

Shelly: Great living space you have there. How long will you be working for them?

Christine: Nothing like a new hair style/colr to make ya feel great :) That's neat you went with DD too :)

Wendy: Excellent job on the run. OUCH on the toe. How does it feel this morning?

Dallas: Hoep you feel better. Good job on the run.

Lorie: Listen to your body and rest :) I'm lucky where I don't get many cramps with TTOM. But if I had my way --I would just not have it at all LOL!

Carole: Enjoy your run this morning before it gets too warm :)

Think that catches me up.

I'm going to do a HIIT this morning. :) BBL maybe

Good Morning Peeps.

Happy Father's Day to all of the men in our families with children or grandchildren!:D

Speaking of which...I still have to run out and get Father's Day cards for DH!:eek: I was supposed to do it y'day on the way up to BFF's but I had to take DH's car and the A/C is broken. I was miserable and just wanted to get to my destination as soon as possible so I skipped the pit stop.

That brings me to the party. It stunk! LOL :p I don't mean that in a nasty way but it really wasn't much fun for me personally. I mean it was a joyous occassion for the family and all but I wasn't into drinking and dancing so I kinda just sat there all night. Oh well. I was supposed to sleep at BFF's but since I only had 2 drinks early on in the night I ended up coming home after the party. I'm better off. I have lots to cram in this morning before we head up to SIL's for Father's Day dinner....

I am supposed to do my final AB weight work out for stage 1 today but I may make today a rest day due to time constraints. I don't have work tmrw so I can "go out with a bang" and do the weights early in the morning and then head to the gym for intervals once DS is up so we'll see what happens.

I got on the scale this morning and my A/C and impending TTOM weight gain has FINALLY dropped off. YAY! I am back to where I was right before I left for A/C. I did not, however, check my BF so perhaps I shouldn't be so happy!:eek: :p I will check both tmrw morning so I can know OFFICIALLY where I stand at the end of stage 1. :) I doubt my results are as good as Sunny's though. I'm jealous!}(

BBIAB with personals.

Good morning cheetahs

Wendi...I am really sorry about your Dad, never initiating contact. It always makes me remember we cannot pick our family...but we CAN pick our friends! Way to go with getting in that workout with DOMS!

Sunny...good job with the AB results!! Enjoy your outdoor run and intervals on the stairs. Hope your DH has a great Father's Day.

Cathy...My sister's dinner was nice. I didn't really over indulge in chips. ordered a Burrito Relleno (a chile relleno inside a tortilla with beans and rice), very tasty but huge so I have half for lunch today! As I don't eat seafood now, Lobster was always my favorite! IA KenpoX+ is a great improvement over the older one.

Shelly...glad you are settling in the posh apt! Funny about your one kitty hiding under the bed. That is Sadie's favorite place if she gets scared! Nice you have a 2nd room for you to workout in. Awesome pace on the 5 miles!!! Enjoy BM2 and cruising around Philly.

Gloria...enjoy your java and run. I cannot believe you have a mean face for kids.

I am planning on a 9 mile run this morning before the heat settles in..:)

Have a great day..:)

HI Cheetahs!

I won't even go into why I couldn't get back....UGH! Let's just say it wasn't putting a smile on my face! x( Anyway, I know what I have now....a full blown sinus infection. It hasn't been confirmed by the doctor though. I guess I need an antibiotic, huh??

Carole ~ Have fun on your 9 miler. You sure are right about that "we cannot pick our family, but we can pick our friends!" comment. No, I have to order The Stick still. :( I think I did parts of Abs/Core+, but not having the pull up bar really makes it hard to do that one. I want to give P90X+ a whirl, so better figure out the pull up bar situation. ;-)

Wendy ~ WTG on your results! I bet you're being too hard on yourself.

Kath ~ Thanks! WTG with your results too! We'll have to change the thread title to "Muscle Popping Cheetahs" soon. ;-) Enjoy your HIIT! Thanks re: the hot spot advice. :) Glad you're loving your new washer...anything to make that mundane task more fun, right!?!?

Gloria ~ Oh, bless you taking on that summer school task. I bet you'll do great with the kids. IA w/Carole that I can't imagine you w/a mean face. You know that there's outdoor iTreads. In fact, I used the hour one y-day. It was hard to follow exactly (very hilly), but it was nice to hear Grace's voice in my ears. :) Glad you signed up for the race! You'll do great! :)

Wendi ~ Hmmm DOMS and horseback riding. :eek: Good luck today! That's not cool about your dad! ((((HUGS)))) lol'd about riding more horses to make up for your workout. :7

Shelly ~ My mouth is hanging open...let's see..you ran a race, moved into your apartment, and then did ITR. :eek: Wow! Could you send a little of that energy over here?!?! lol No, I really do enjoy sumer break with the kids...it's always the first couple of weeks that we all get adjusted AND I have to figure out the best time to workout. Seems 5-7A works the best, but we're staying up later??? I'll figure it out. ;-)

Cathy ~ Enjoy your shorter long run today...it'll probably seem easy, huh?? IA last week's run was not fun! Y-day was nice w/a slight breeze. :) Love that Kool-Aid guy!!! lol Thanks for the massaging advice. lol'd about "julie"...yep, that's me lately. ;-)

Sunny ~ You are doing awesomely!!! IA w/what Shelly said could you two workout together, but your dh do his thing? I can't remember your set up at home...do you do most of your workouts at the gym? how long are the AB workouts (daily)? Hope you can figure it out...don't think I gave any help. :(

Lorie ~ I don't miss those days at all....TTOTM. Sorry you're in so much pain. I don't see how you would have worked out anyway. :( Hope you feel better today. Nope, no tornadoes, but we have a NASTY storm going on right now! :eek:

Christine ~ I browsed that thread (the one you posted from VFF) this AM. Is Brenda F "our" Brenda? Did you see there was a camp at that Lake Placid, I always hear you talk about? Wow! You had quite the workout Friday!!}( How did that 3 mile bike ride go?

Jackie ~ Love that workout room!!! :D Especially, the color, the built in book shelf, the nice fan, TV, etc. :) I've often thought to add a fan, but I can touch the light fixture during plyo moves. :eek: So, I never pursued it. You did a nice job setting it all up. ETA: DH wants to know what kind of floor you have? We've been looking into changing our workout room floor before we paint.

Posh ~ Good luck with your 5K today!

Well, that's all I have time for today...we have a brunch for Father's Day. Well, it's supposed to be more like a fancy BBQ, but it's raining cats and dogs. :eek: I'll be good, eating wise, because this was NOT a good workout week. :( Today will have to be a rest day (maybe ;-)) due to this sinus thing. x( I don't have time to proofread, so bear with me if there's any typos, etc. ;-)

HI to the rest of the Cheetahs!

Back from my BM2 workout and enjoyed it immensely! Washing clothes now with my private washer/dryer!!! It's better then the ones I left in Az!!:eek: Gloria- Forgot to tell you congratulations to you and your DH on a very successful business day! And the summer season is just starting too. I think that is great you signed up for that 15k (did I get the distance right?) You'll do great and have fun too! Glad your car is okay and hope it stays that way. You and Wendi have the right idea about keeping a car for as long as you can. Definitely the smartest thing to do financial wise! That would be so great if you could rescue a kitty from a shelter and give it a nice home!

Kath- I have the standard travelling nurse contract which is for 13 weeks. After that if they still need me and I want to I can renew for another 13... or I can go on to another assignment... OR, if we have bought a house by then I can just quit travelling and get a permanent job. LOTS of options. Congratulations on getting some awesome results from your workouts. The cheetahs are all on a roll right now it seems!

Wendy- Sorry your party wasn't what you were hoping for. Hope today's GTG for Dads day is better for you. Hey, I could have told you yesterday that your bodyfat% was IDEAL!!

Carole- Love your note to Wendi re: Dads. You are as wise as you are fit! Hope your 9 miler today is an inspirational one! I'll be checking out Philly's fairmont park today... it's supposed to be HUGE with miles and miles of running/walking trails.

I'm going to down load some pics from my camera and see if I can show you all the view from my pad

Shelly

okay, i have been procrastinating ALL MORNING!!! why not do it a bit more? }(

wendi-i hope you get some relief from those doms and are able to ride!!! i am going to attempt a swim today, then see how i feel after that. maybe alwyn and i are just not meant for each other today...

sunny-thanks for the encouragement. i think i am going to go to the pool for some lap swim. our pools are open to lap swimmers only until noon. i think that is so sweet that dh wants to work out with you. i TOTALLY inderstand about not wanting to give up ab. is there a way you can do it and still be there to work out with dh? nbf and i work out together when we can, but we don't usually do the same thing. he has just started nrol, but it is different from nrolw, so we can't really do it together, but can help each other when needed. we have done cc's together on different machines and that's fun.

wt-isn't it funny when you start thinking of 6 mile runs as "short?" ah, the fun of marathon training...

shelly-an 8:45 pace is taking it easy-especially with little sleep??? you really are super cheetah with all you do. i hope you are settling in more, although i know it takes time to get used to a new place and new surroundings. have fun with bm2 scrambled eggs (that is, if it is really possible to have fun with that tough workout!). omg...i can not believe that is your view!!! amazing!

kath-how did you manage to get all the mean buggers? maybe because they know you will handle them best. oh, just a warning to you and cathy (and any other teachers i can cajole), my dissertation uses teachers as my sample group so i will be hitting you and cathy up to fill out my questionairre. also, if you guys wanted to ask any of your teacher friends...i need all the help i can get!!! as for ttom, i usually only get three or four "bad" ones a year. i guess this is one of my "lucky" months! x( x( x(

wendy-sorry you didn't have fun at your party! it stinks to be at a "party" when you're not having fun. congrats on the weight loss!!! that always feels good.

carole-hope you got in your 9 miles before the heat. during the summer, i don't know if there ever really is a "before the heat sets in" here. i think it's more that the humidity never seems to take a break! grrrr!

dallas-yes, i think i will be much happier when i don't have to worry about ttom, but i am not ready for that just yet. i don't have any two-legged children, but am not ready to lose that option just yet. whether or not i decide to make that an option is a whole other story, but i feel like timing will mak that decision for me. if the timing (and obviously the partner) is right, then we'll see.

okay, i am off to the pool to attempt a lap swim. i got really into swimming two years ago and was doing a mile and a half swim every other day. i really enjoyed it and it totally toned my upper body (especially my shoulders). didn't do it last summer as much because i was focusing on running. i hope i still enjoy it as much as i did before. i know it would take some time to work up to that mile and a half!

Oh, one more thing...I'm so sad about Tim Russert. I really enjoyed watching him on Meet the Press (when I could watch it), Today show, etc. The election just won't seem the same without him. Remember "Florida, Florida, Florida" from the 2000 election? That white board made it into the museum. So, so sad. :(

Ok, I really have to get showered up.

Hi Cheetahs!

Happy Father’s Day to all of your dad’s and DH’s!

Wendy – Way to go on your race! Congrats! Total ick about the blister. I’ve had that happen, too. Not fun. Sorry the party stunk! Glad you were able to come home so you can get everything done! Glad the TTOM weight dropped.

Dallas – Glad you had a great TNT run! YES, allergies can zap you. And give you that itchy throat. Fortunately, they are easy to “cure”. Coach Troy of Spinervals has a came at Lake Placid every year. It’s a tri-camp. He’s amazing, really. Brenda, I believe, is OUR Brenda – the one in the Cathe videos. I know she is in a lot of Spinervals and posts over on the VF forums a lot. She also does Iron Mans. Amazing lady. I’m sad about Tim Russert, too – he was such a great newsman.

Wendi – Glad you got released early yesterday! When I get that tired I get really goofy. I call it being “Car Happy” – from my long car trips between school and home when I was in college (I was 9 hours away). I wish it had been a 3 hour ride – read below. X(. Yeah for Bootie DOMS!!! Good job with the workout today!

Carole – I need new lifting gloves. Tough Love is grueling, but I thought it would be a good test, but as you can see below, it was not meant to be. I like Kenpo X+, too. Glad you enjoyed it! How was your delicious dinner?

Gloria – 12.2 miles on mostly flat pavement – under a hour. It really depends on the type of bike and how fast you ride. I could do it in about 40 minutes, in 30 if I pushed and was on a road bike. Glad yoga helped stretch you out! Scary about your car! Hope it’s just the coolant.

Lorie – ICK – I hare cramps! Sometimes a day like that is enough. Doesn’t advil work for you? I have to take 6, but it makes the cramps go away. Hope the swim helps bring you out of your funk.

Sunny – good to see you! I’m seeing positive results with TT – the shorter workouts seem to do me good!

Cathy – Enjoy your shorter run today! Running in heat is never fun!

Shelly – Glad you decided not to push it in those conditions, put great time for not pushing it! I never sleep well in a strange place. My kitties always took about 3 days to decide that the new environment was not going to immediately incinerate them, and then another two to stop the low crawl, sniffing at everything… Then they were fine. Funny creatures. Have fun in Philly – it’s a neat city. How’s the fitness center? As cool as it looks? Oooh, nice view!! I’m on my way!

Kath – Oh, how nice that the bodyfat is dropping! Good job on the clean eating! Thanks Re: hairstyle – DD and I had a good time.

Well, my three hour ride turned into a 90 minute on when I got another flat tire. X(. The derailler did not work either, so basically I’m back to where I was. Now I have to convince DH that I need a new bike. X( I was so frustrated and upset! I wanted to take the thing and toss it into a deep ravine. But I merely set it outside. I ended up just taking a shower and getting my nails done, so I didn’t have as much to do on the back end of my day. I’m done with the doggie classes. I was only needed for two weeks, so that’s good. Today, I’ll either take DD15’s mountain bike and do a ride, or more likely I’ll just do TT for amazing abs A and some HIIT. We have brunch plans, so I need to be cleaned up for that. Have a great day all!

Dallas...I do think you would benefit a lot with a pull-up bar for the P90X+abs/core. I will be starting the Classic P90X+ rotation 6/23, but of course with running as cardio and more legwork. Maybe we can do it together? Thanks, the 9 miles was fun. OMG, I would love some of your rain!!! Happy Father's Day to your DH..:)..I was sad about Tim Russert too.

Lorie..lol about running "before the heat sets in". In your humidity I am sure that is not possible. I think it was about 62 when I left and about 74 when I got back. Have fun swimming...one day I might have to learn that...:D

Shelly...thanks..you do make me smile with your compliments...:)...I seem to be missing my Dad lots today. I wanted to run by myself today, I just needed the solitude. I wanted to get the 9 in under an 11 min pace. I was happy as I did a 10:39 pace...:)..WOW.... great view from your apt. Wished you were closer. I'd be there!

Christine..the dinner was great. I did good on the chips (not too many) and I only ate half of my Burrito Relleno. Happy Father's Day to your DH. So sorry about the bike tire. I hope you can get a new one. Enjoy the brunch and whatever workout you decide on.

The 9 miles went well. I was shooting for under an 11 min pace and did it in 10:39 so I am happy...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.