CHEETAHS...sunday is run-day!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

lederr

Cathlete
good morning loverlies! or should i say good-very-very-early-morning. for some inane (and insane) reason, i woke up wide awake at 0330. after forcing linus to lie in bed and cuddle with me, i couldn't fall back asleep so i decided to get up. if i don't get tired in a bit, i'm going to work out soon (i normally get up during the week around 0430-0500, so i guess it's not really a big deal). it will be ebough time to get in a super great, as long as i want work out. i have to work with a student (a friend's son) at 1330, so it's good to be up early (just not this early).

the snow is still on the ground but it's looking a bit sparse. it'll probably disappear today. it's supposed to be sunny, but i don't think it's getting out of the high 20's low 30's and they are saying the windchill is going to be brutal!

so, today is the day i try and run! yay! i am not sure if i should do grace or a steady state to see how i am doing just running. the only problem with steady state is i get bored unless i am watching tv or something. although, chi running says that's the worst thing to do. maybe i'll try some of those techniques but i think they'd be easier outside then on the TM.

okay, gonna go check yesterday's thread and bbwp (be back with personals)!

dallas-you are so right. everything does shut down. a friend of mine went to the gym around 5:30 and he said they were closed! they're not supposed toclose until 7:30. i think the major worry was that the snow didn't "stick" to the roads, just made them wet and with the temps steadily droopping down to 17, they were all going to freze over once the sun went down. windy city cheetah is cute!

posh, i love your avatar at the bottom of your signature. very posh-y! i don't think i've tried iTread 17. i always chuckle when grace says, "i'm RIGHT there with you!" during an especially difficult sprint or hill because, well, SHE'S NOT! i want to say, "no you're not, you're sitting on your arse in a studio somewhere" but when i look at her photo, i know that's not all she does!!!

carole-i really am enjoying the book. i have to say, it's really making me rethink my long-held thought processes about running.

wendy-sounds like you had fun at the party. did you enjoy your pizza? yum!

cathy-I definitely think you should try the neti pot. once something is on the almighty oprah, stores WILL stock it so i am sure you will be able to find one easily. just remember, it's very important to use salt water and make sure the water is not too hot or too cold. either one can irritate your sinuses. i hope you got your video editing sorted out!

kristi-like i said to cathy, i am sure you can find a neti pot in the store without having to go online. no, the neti pots are not expensive at all. i got mine at a health food place for about 12 dollars. the dr. oz clips about the neti pot are online on you tube. maybe you can find them there. he REALLY likes it!

christine-so glad to hear you made it safe and sound. best wishes to your dad for a very speedy recovery. i would love to see photos of the house!

wendi-i am SO relieved to hear your lump is nothing serious. i think you should follow shelly's advice and watch it for a week. please keep up updated.

Good morning ladies,

lorie- ohhhh, have fun with your run today. i agree with grace not being there by your side. i am like SHUT UPPPPPP, no, no, don't shut up keep talking to help me thru this, lol.

christine- glad to see you made it to NC safe and sound. sending healing ((((vibes))) to dear dad.

wendy- i like caffeinated cheetah!!

kristi- you are a super mom cheetah:7

ok, today i am heading to the gym to fry my legs and then i can limp into church, lol.}( :p

ttyl...:)

Good morning, cheetah honeys! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/love/th_SUNSHINEBEAR.gif

I'm up early, too. Just the internal alarm clock doin' its thing -- no bizarro nightmares this time. http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/dream.gif

Wendi :: I'm glad you went and had that checked out. It sounds like it is something innocuous, thankfully. But you'll be keeping an eye on it, so that's good. Yes, please keep us posted. I hope you have off today and can relax!! You deserve it!
http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/nap.gif

Lorie :: I have to run out this morning, so I will see if I can find the neti pot. I think Kristi mentioned Walgreen's, so I'll try there. Thanks for the tips! Enjoy your run today...I vote for steady-state just to be a liiiitle more cautious. With Grace, you'll probably find it hard to hold back.
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_nanarunslikeagirlkris.gif

ETA: Hey Sunny! :7

Thought of another possibility for Christine: Cheeky Cheetah. Just love her wry, tongue-in-cheek kinda humor!

I think Shelly should maybe be Dr. Super Crazy Shelly. :7 Your medical expertise has been so helpful to us on so many occasions!

Today will be a leg workout plus cardio - TBD. Since I worked out fairly late last night, I won't do it first thing in the morning and have time to figure out what I'm in the mood for.

Most of my photos are pretty firmly secured in albums, but I did finally get one old pic up on picture trail. Taken in 1978. :) Also have a gross "before" pic (me at my heaviest weight) in that album, so be forewarned: www.picturetrail.com/runninteach

Have a wonderful Sunday!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Good morning! There are an awful lot of cheetahs up early for a Sunday!! I love all this chatter about cheetah names... too cute!
But REALLY, I am not super anything.... only mildly insane ;-)

Lorie- A big day for you with your return to running :7 :7 :7 :7
Glad to hear you are studying the chi technique- I'm a fan of this myself. While you are learning it it is definitely better to be outside, the concept is difficult to "get" on the TM.

Sunny- Love your "git er done" cheetah name!! Very appropriate :)
Have a great time fryin those legs!

Cathy- Glad to hear you weren't troubled by those freaky nightmares tonight. Thank you so much for your kind comment. I try hard to avoid buttinsky unwanted nursing advise but for anyone looking for an opinion I'm happy to oblige:p

Wendi- I was very happy to read your post last night:) You did the right thing for sure and I have no doubt you'll be fine!

Carole and Christine- our football cheetahs! I hope you have a fun day today... try not to get to excited!

Today will be a cardio rest day. I'll just be doing some S&H upper body work.... not sure which part yet... I'll play it by ear!

ShellyC

okay, really, i am about to go workout. i swear time flies when you're on the computer (for fun and not work, of course)!!! so, i have been wanting a HRM and decided that i was going to do a leetle research (just research) before my w/o. i didn't want anything with a lot of bells and whistles because i am a bit technically challenged. also, i don't know if i will use it when running (since i like to work where grace tells me and i have heard they can chafe when you run) but more for cathe w/o's and the elliptical. anyway, i ended up buying the polar f4. ANY OPINIONS? it was the free overnight shipping that got me! anyway, i was wondering if any of you knew if this was a good entry-level model.

any comments are much appreciated!

Shelly :: Your "buttinsky" widsom is welcome any time!!

Lorie :: I have the F6 and am very happy with it! Good pick. :)

Good morning Cheetah babes!

I *promise* this will be my last quickie post for awhile. I will have time after work this afternoon to catch up with everyone. I can tell you I am really missing my Cheetah fix...I feel so out of the loop :(.

I ended up doing 4DS BC cardio and original BC cardio...holy cow :eek:!!! The whole area around my armpit and into my ribs on my left side is very painful now so I couldn't really move that arm much. I'm sure I looked kind of strange with my right arm flailing away and my left arm just held motionless like it was broken or something. I couldn't get my scrip filled last night (way too late so nothing was open) so I've had to wait to start the meds. I'll get that this morning.

Lorie - Enjoy your run but do be careful. At the slightest twinge you stop or I'll send Jackie after you with her stick lol! BTW, I have the F4 and I love it! I couldn't imagine running without it now. I've never had an issue with the strap rubbing but then I keep it pretty tight and under the band of my sports bra.

Sunny - LOL at limping to church! Have fun!

Cathy - Nope, not off til Tuesday so today is a normal day...in fact we have a prospective buyer coming to look at a client's horse, fun *rolls eyes*. Monday is a holiday so we work because the clients are off. ITA with DR. Shelly...I love it! I can't wait to check out your album...older photos of me have mysteriously vanished over the years. *Whistling and looking around sheepishly*...wasn't me :p. Have a great workout today.

Dr. Shelly - Thanks again for the wonderful advice and putting my mind at ease. Your words were far more settling/encouraging than the doctor's that is for sure! They're putting me on Duricef. I have some decent drug knowledge (most equine meds are human meds) but that's one I hadn't heard of. I hope there aren't any weird side effects. Enjoy your S&H!

Eek, I gotta split. I'm now late for work...oops. I can't wait to get back here tonight! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Good Morning Ladies –

Today will end up a light yoga today as I’m still not feeling well and I need to kick this thing. Sun is coming out here today, but it’s windy, still I’m sitting with my feet propped up and all comfy looking out over the Atlantic Ocean. I love this place! Today my Aunt and I are going to pick up dad. We hope to be home in time to watch the majority of the games.

Cathy – I think you might surprise yourself with those skis! Just remember not to get frustrated after the first few runs – they will feel very different. Boob-a-licious Cheetah has me laughing, but eh, no. :+ Cheeky Cheetah is kind of fun - I’ll have to think on that one. :+ Thanks!

Carole – I’m giggling over the “At least as women we see the hat first”. Too funny! Today will be interesting! Enjoy the games!

Dallas – Oooh, stay warm! I was just out in your neck of the woods in December. I love Chicago – beautiful city! My friend lives there as well – north west suburbs, I think. She says with wind chill is -30 degrees. That frickin’ cold!

Lorie – the new siggys do look cool! The Halfers do get Tiffany’s, but the way! Hope you’re feeling better! You were up early this morning! Hope you don’t crash around 6 tonight! :p Have fun with your run! Hope your hip is better!

Shelly – Super Cheetah does fit you! :p As does Sweetie Cheetah. Nurse Cheetah… Hope last night went well for you! Enjoy S&H today!

Sunny – I made it to the Beach! I was worried because it was really snowing, but it did not lay, which is good. Now, it’s COLD! Wow! I’ll give you a call this week. Hopefully we can catch each other on my way to the airport next Saturday. How was date night?

Jackie – Where are you? It is cold here, too. I’m looking forward to it warming up. Thanks for the compliment! You’re so sweet.

Thomasina – Good job in getting your workout done! Don’t you love planning your menu for the week – I feel so much more in control! How is that Gloria Ferrer Pinto? I see it a lot, but I haven’t bought any. I love Caneros Pinot’s, though. Hope you enjoyed!

Lori – Did DS get enough to eat at the party? Good job on the 5 mile run mixed with ME!

Wendy – LOVE the new name! Oh, I’ve had some great champagne punches – yum! Good job at spreading your purchases around! I absolutely understand about leaving the Munchkin at home for flying out to California! I was just offering an alternative. It was really weird getting up this morning and only having to worry about me. I so rarely get that.

Kristi – Oh, that sucks to miss your “special” plans because you’re sick! I’m so sorry! Hope you are feeling better!

Wendi – glad you were able to get in to urgent care and they confirmed what Shelly said and you suspected! That’s great news! Hope the pain goes away soon – that does not sound like fun! Sounds like you got in a great workout!

Well, if I hope to get in some yoga, I’d better get moving. Have a great day ladies!!!

My internal clock had me up early this morning. I'm still on my kids time. Luckily I didn't get up at 6 a.m. like they do every day. So much for sleeping in. :) Later on today will be a 7 mile long run. It will need to be on the treadmill because it is too cold outside. The temps got down to 6 last night with the windchill below zero. Unfortunately I need to venture out this morning to run a few errands.

Cathy - Love the pics of the new skis. Good luck getting everything done today. I plan to look for a neti pot today too. Good luck in your search. I'm going to go to Walgreens first.

Christine - Glad you made it to your destination safely. Enjoy the time with your dad.

Wendy - Yummy... watermelon martinis. :) :) I've never had one before but they sound delicious.

Sunny - I'm humbled you would give me the name of Super Mom Cheetah, but I do not feel worthy of such an awesome title. Every cheetah mom on here deserves that. We all are amazing women who do extraordinary things in our day-to-day lives, even if we don't view them as anything but ordinary. You are definitely a Super Mom in my book. I don't know how you do everything you do. I'm in awe of you. BTW, have you started back to school yet?

Shelly - You are too modest. You are definitely worthy of every cheetah title that has been mentioned.. Super Cheetah is my favorite. It is amazing how you work all night long and then fit in a couple of hard workouts like it is nothing. You are also a wonderful person, motivator, & doctor to us all. This check-in would not be the same without you.

Well, I need to get started running my errands. DH is still asleep and will probably sleep until 10. BBL. WAVES to all.

Wendi :: so sorry about the arm pain...hope you can get that scrip filled and get some relief!!

Christine :: *sending more germ-fighting vibes your way* Oh, BTW, I totally goofed. Got the names of the skis mixed up, so the ones I bought *are* intermediate skis. Whew! :p

Kristi :: you could be Sweetheart Cheetah with your heart of gold. But IA--so many of these nicknames fit multiple or even all the cheetahs. I think of you all as fit, strong, beautiful women!...Let me know how you make out with the neti pot.

OK, 'nuff foolin' around for me. I need to get busy!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

sunny-i agree that grace would probably not be the best thing to do for my first run. i actually think running outside would be better but it's 19 out with a windchill of 4. i ain't goin out in THAT! btw, love "get 'er done!"

cathy-let me know if you find it. i guarantee you would find it at a whole foods type of place but i really think other stores would be carrying it by now. just think if one of us could invent one thing that oprah would promote...INSTANT MILLIONAIRES. the girl who invented spanx lives in atlanta and she talks about how she struggled until oprah had her on her show and promoted them. now, i think her bbusiness is worth somewhere in the BILLIONS!!!

shelly-i did try to pay more attention to my body and adjust if something wasn't feeling right. also, the shorter pendulum thing really helped. i do think it's more suited for outdoor running. a cardio rest day for you is probably a good thing, super cheetah!

wendi-i am glad you said you are happy with the f4. i know he kind of running you do (fast, fast, fast) and if you say it deosn't rub then I'm glad. I like things tight anyway. i measured at the top of my rib cage (right under my tatas) and it was 28. the x-small said up to 27, so i got the small. what size did you get? i am also excited because i got the blue one. awwwww...pretty.

christine-if the halfers get tiffany's then i'm all over it! my days of running marathons are long ago. i ran my last one in 2001. i know i could do it, but the amount of training, plus work, plus dissertation, plus my crazy life just seems like too much. now, our shelley could run that in her sleep!

kristi-you and i must be on the same early internal clock! good luck braving those temps. i'm crying with 19 degrees!!!

so, my run today... IT WAS GREAT!!! i set the TM at 6.5 for a warm up and was feeling great. i promised i would stop if anything hurt. after a mile, i decided to up my speed as i felt i could. i wasn't focused on time or distance, just seeing if i could do it. at 1.25 miles, my hip (kind of like the side of my hip a bit below the hip bone) gave a little twiinge and i thought, "crap, i'm gonna have to stop." i ran for maybe .10 more and it was gone. it happened two more times, but disappeared just as quickly. anyway, i very comfortably ran 6.5 miles in 59 minutes. i did not strain myself at all and i felt like i could have gone a lot longer. i think part of that is doing steady state instead of grace. anyway, i am not going to run for a few days and see but i am so glad i got that first run in!!!

oh, i forgot to add that since today is my super cardio day (might have something to do with the copious amounts of peanut butter m&m's (seriously, probably a whole pound), spinach dip and chips, and sunflower seeds i ate yesterday (hey, it was a snow day) and the fact that i did NOTHING, i am going to go to classical athlete's stretch and then go work out on the EXT with either keith or sean.

i am NOT going to keep that kind of food in the house anymore as i obviously have NO self-control!!!

Good morning cheetahs

Lorie...Loved your snow pics. I agree Chi running would be way easier outdoors than the TM IMO. I think and Polar HRM is a good buy. I have the F6 and can sync the workouts on my PC which is cool. So were the Peanut M&M's the dark chocolate ones??

Sunny..enjoy your leg frying workout and church.

Cathy..I should have lots of nightmares like yours as I watch all the crime shows too. Sad as even if I gain weight, none gos to THAT area...:(...I did a short yoga Baron's core and then Pilates with the ball, about 75 min total. I have found sometimes when PC stuff gets confusing, walking away and coming back later does seem to clear things up! Your knew ski's look cool! You were an adorable little girl Cathy!! I loved the 78 pic. I am laughing as in 78 I was 19 and you were just a kid...:D..I congratulate you on your weight loss from 2005. You look great now, and that is something to be so proud of.

Shelly...I think insane cheetah would be great for you...:D. The Green Bay game will be much harder for me to watch than the Pats game as I so want the Packers to win. Enjoy your cardio rest day.

Wendi...I am so glad you had the lump looked at. LOL at pooped cheetah!! Sorry about the pain during your workout. I bet the meds will help with that.

Posh..I think you picked the perfect glittery posh girlie! How nice you got some alone time yesterday. Enjoy the games today.

Kristi...sorry you and DH were sick. Hope today it is better. OMG....6 degrees!! yes, you should run indoors!

Christine...glad you got to Dad's safe and sound. I'd love to see pics. I hope his recovery goes very well. You know me as I will enjoy the games no matter how they turn out, I always hope for no senseless penalties as that irritates me.

Wendy...good job with IntervalX. Sounds like a keeper. I did enjoy yoga and pilates, even thought that Windsor lady is kinda goofy sometimes! I do like caffeinated cheetah.

I think I might be trying to get a cold...Whip out the Airborne!! I am going to do the pain free hip exercises and then go for a run and I might add on some cardio with my Nordic after...

Have a great day...:)

Quick HELLO to my girls this morning!

We are getting ready to head out to the store to shop for some ski gear. Thanks to our dear Cathy, I have decided to give it a shot. I've never been in my life so it will be interesting!LOL Once we have what we need then we have to pick a day and JUST DO IT!}(

I also wanted to show off my new siggy! :7

Today's work out will be S*H Bi's and Tri's and some abs. Hopefully I can do the 2nd segment of BOSU core synergy but it depends on how much time I have.

I'll BBIAB for personals!

:*

Lorie - Congrats on your run today! I'm so glad the hip didn't cause you much problem. Good idea waiting a couple days before running again. Oh, I bought my neti-pot at Meijer. They were sold out at Walgreens and Riteaid. I've even tried it already. It really cleaned the nasal passages. I'm not sure yet if it will help my problem yet because my headaches and pain are from the sinus cavity above my left eye, but I'm happy with the neti-pot so far. Thanks for suggesting it.

Cathy - I found the neti pot at Meijer, Walgreens and Rite-aid were sold out. When I got home I even gave it a try. It did well to clean the nasal passages. So far I am liking it even though I'm not sure it will help with my exact problem (see Lorie's above). I love Sweetheart Cheetah. I hope I can live up to the name.

Wendi - Sorry I forgot to post to you earlier. I'm so glad you were able to go see the doctor yesterday. I hope the antibiotics do the trick.

Well, I'm off to start on some laundry. I'll check back later. Have a great day!

Good morning Wendy! We were posting at the same time. Have fun shopping for ski gear.

Carole - I hope you are able to stop the cold before it starts. Have a great run today!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Thomasina - Laughing at your fund raising abilities. Yes, I live in TN. I will keep SF on my radar screen. House should be finished by April. Will see how things go. You're doing a great job with the Cheetah names.

Lori - How about Fly Girl Cheetah? I like Canadian Cheetah. How are the hips today?

Wendy - I do like Caffeinated Cheetah. Glad you enjoyed Interval X. Guess the punch made you buy stuff. :)

Cathy - Sounds like your filming project is going well. Will we see you at the movies next? :) Loved your pics! Thanks for sharing those.

Kristi - Hope you and DH feel better. Glad DS feels better.

Christine - Glad you had a safe flight. How's your dad doing? Hope you feel better.

Wendi - Glad your mind was eased some about the lump. Hope you get some rest today.

Lorie - Sorry you couldn't sleep. It's 12 degrees here right now. I have the F6 HRM and it works well for my needs. So glad you had a good run without pain.

Sunny - Hope the limp to church wasn't too bad.

Shelly - Enjoy your cardio rest day. I see you will be making up for it though.

Carole - Hope you fight that cold off. Have a good run and nordic workout.

Rest day for me. I have to get ready for church. Will be pulling out the big coat today and try and stay warm.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

okay! classical stretch and CC3 on the EXT DONE! yay!

i don't know why i always think about these things on the EXT, but i was thinking that it woudl be sooooooo cool if, for those of us that are going to do the nike half, we got the same shirts that had our cheetah name on the front and our names on the back. cool or corny? i LOVE the idea of doing it as a group and sticking together no matter what.

wendy-have fun shopping!

kristi-i am glad you like it. some people find it weird or uncomfortable at first. since it really gets in ther eand cleans out your sinus cavities, it might help with your headaches after a while. i use mine at least once a day. if i am around a lot of dust, dirt, etc (like cleaning) or during pollen season, i'll also use it before i go to bed to get everything clear. when i had my bad sinus infection, it really gave me relief.

jackie-i hope the f4 will work for me. like i said, i just want something basic. i've got to read up on HR training before it gets here.

We're back from ski gear shopping and we have everything we need....for now atleast. DH said there are things that some people use but others don't find a need for depending on how cold/warm you are while skiing so I am going to hold off on the iffy stuff until after my first time trying it. I'm going to dress up and have DH take a pic and I will post it here so you all can see what I bought and tell me how silly I look!:7

Sorry about the lack of personals right now but you know I'll get to them! I never leave my girls personal-less for TOO long!;)

Be back a bit later!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.