:::CHEETAHS::: Sunday Nov 12

Well I slept in, Laurie! LOL I was out too late last night. I'm gettin' old...can't handle it anymore! :7 :7 :7

Good morning everyone.

I have Jari's new vid on tap for today. It's a circuit work out. I hope it's a good one!:)

Hey early birds and sleepy heads!!:) I've been waiting for someone else to start this up but couldn't wait anymore! I'm DOMSin' today from B&G and loving it!!! Yesterday I did Gin Miller's Intense Moves and B&G both for the first time. I've been curious about Gin's workouts for a while and know I will use this one fairly often. Today the lowerbody gets a break, I think I'll try the LIC step premix and one of my new Urban Rebounder workouts. Had a fun night last night with 3 girlfriends, we went to dinner and then to a comedy club (great ab workout, I laughed A LOT!). We came back here after and enjoyed some red, red wine:9 It was a really good night, I need to socialize more!

Christine, I checked out your UGG post from a few days ago. Very cute boots!

Wendy!! I saw Jari's Slim and Lean at Chapters yesterday, I need to know, is it purchase worthy???

I'll come back after my workout and see what everyone is up to:)

Happy Sunday Cheetahs!

Take Care
Laurie

Laurie,

Slim and Lean is da bomb, girlfriend!!!}( It's not as tough as Ripped to the Core but I would definately say GO FOR IT!}( }( }(

You ALWAYS need new work outs!;)

I just got new Cathes...I am now considering Barry's Boot Camp and P90X! :eek:

:7 }( :7 }( :7 }(

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...good job on the 4.5 miles yesterday. Too warm? Don't be afraid of DM, I do think BM2 is a bit harder due to the length of the workout. Let me know how the new Jari is...Well, you really do need to consider P90X...http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/12.gif[/img]

Laurie...sounds like you had a fun outing last night! I think I have a real old Gin Miller VHS tape...enjoy your LIC premix today!

Sunny..I hope you enjoy your rest day.

Susan...if your sicatic didn't hurt then the run was fine IMO! You might want to wait a few days though for another run...:)

Christine...isn't B&G fun! Glad you got your Uggs sprayed...Have fun wearing them, I can feel the warmth!

Jess...so far the rain has stayed away. So, any DOMS today!!! My thoughts and prayers for your brother.
On those special days it is tough to believe our loved ones are gone. Your Grandma lived 92 wonderful years and I know you miss her alot...

I'll be doing a 12 mile run today. I should beat the rain...I Hope!

Have to share this pic of one of my cats....so you all know who the boss of the REMOTE is!!

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL752/3147882/8551700/204185822.jpg

Have a great day....:)

Hey Carole! Have a great run and I hope you beat atleast MOST of the rain!:D So go ahead and enable me for P90X...you know you want to!;) The pic of your cat is very cute! Did he have to wrestle your DH to get his paws on that remote? :7

ME?...an enabler??? http://www.emotihost.com/glass14/6.gif[/img]...RT (my cat) could take on my DH anyday!!! He is a big cat...:)

Hi Cheetahs!

G'morning! I was sleeping in a bit this morning on my rest day!! ;-) I slept til 7:30!! Allison's feeling pretty yucky this morning, running a 101 temp & still complaining of her right ear hurting so it looks like we'll be heading to the walk-in-clinic. I don't think they open til 10. Greg headed on to church w/ the older 2 girls, it feels weird to be home on a Sun morning!! I'm all off routine now!

Surprisingly, the DOMS weren't bad this morning from B & G. I could feel that I had a good workout, but nothing major. I'll look forward to doing that one again!

Well, better get a shower & get Allison ready to go. Poor kid is all snuggled up on the couch watching her favorite movie- Lion King.

Have a nice Sunday!

Awww, I love that pic, Carole!! Too cute. My dh is super allergic to cats (or any indoor pets) but my girls are always begging for a cat. Mikey's a big outdoor dog & they love him but they want a pet to sleep with! ;-)

Thanks for your sweet post. Thanks for the thoughts & prayers for Scot. Grandma did live a long life at 92 yrs, I don't know if I *want* to live that long!!

Enjoy your day & I hope the rain holds out!

RE: Hi Cheetahs!

Good morning cheetahs! I'm back after a few days hiatus. Have barely managed to get in my workouts the last few days with no time for posting to the fantastic cheetahs!

My DH is a die-hard ex-marine and each year we celebrate the Marine Corps birthday (Nov10th) with a BBQ party. Our friends come dressed in camos or anything military and we have a ball. My brother came from Washington DC so that made it extra special. Actually he was in town as a favor to my parents and was the guest speaker at a veterans day ceremony. Then he was the celebrity VIP reviewer at our local veterans day parade. So I was attending these events yesterday with DH.

So, I'm feeling a little drained this morning but I'm still going to go for a long run (12-13 miles I hope) Then, I start a string of work nights. tata
ShellyC

Okay, some time for personals before hitting the road!

Wendy- I just noticed that you have a new avatar with Joey the Pooh!
Way Cute!!!! I agree with you about new workouts...always need them! I'm still exploring Cathe's new ones but pondering my next purchase! I'll be interested in hearing your review of Jari's circuit workout. She's one I've been considering. PS, I'll enable also and let you know that p90x will take you to a whole new level
of fitness!

Laurie- I have an old VHS copy of Intense Moves and haven't done it for a long time. I think you've inspired me to dust it off. Sounds like you had a fun girlfriend nite!

Carole- Hope your having a terrific long Sunday run! I LOVE your kitty pic. Naturally being a remote hog he is a male cat!

Jess- I'm sorry your DD is sick! I hope your run to the clinic today goes smoothly. I guess you're now having fun with these new workouts! I did B&G very early yesterday and when I got home from all the festivities I managed BM2. I can't believe I'm about to head out the door for a run now! We'll see how far I get :eek:

Time to scoot out and get serious. I'll check back later!

ShellyC

Morning Cheetahs.
Well, DH and I did get quite a bit of shopping done friday. Oh btw, to all of you who said I am so on the ball with my shopping. I never usually get my shopping done till the very last minute. This year I am so determined because I get so stressed when I wait till the end. When I returned from shopping I did drillmax. I thought it would be harder. I liked it though. I seem to get my heart rate up more with intense step. I also went to the step for triceps dips on the ball. I thought I was going to break my wrist on that ball. I think I like BM2 the best. I am doing B&G's today for the second time. I am going to go heavier since I didn't get the DOM's everyone else was talking about!
Laurie, It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I think I need a girls night out. DH and I have been spending way to much time together since he is working from home! Not that I don't love him! LOL

Wendy, Isn't it nice to sleep in. I did the same this morning which is stange for me. My eyes usually just pop open at the first sign of light. Have a good w/out today.

Carole enjoy the 12 miler. I like to run in the rain as long as it's not pouring. I usually sweat so much anyway that it looks like I just stepped out of the shower when I get done except I am probably stinky!

:D

Jess, rest days are so nice I had one yesterday and I also took a nap! I never do that unless I am sick. I think that the nov. rotation with the new dvd's is really shocking my body. It's not that it is so hard it's just that I have never done a whole lot of circuit w/outs. Well I'll keep trudging along because I have not really done a whole rotation of Cathe's.

Ok everyone have a nice sunday. Go Eagles!
LD

hello ladies,

wendy- ohhhhhh, let me know how you like jari's new one. mine is on the way!!! you've just got to get bbc & p90x, they are both awesome,awesome workouts. my dh is about to start a p90x rotation tommrow.

laurie- glad you had a fun night out! i second wendy- there's always reasons for new workouts, ha. didn't you order amy bento's new ones? if so, how do you like them?

carole- very cute pic!!

shelly- enjoy your run today.

susan- glad you got a chance to run yesterday. however if 5.7 mph is slow than i must run very, very slow}( :p good job!

christine- you will have to post a pic with you wearing your new uggs.

today's workout will be upperbody from BM2 and a 4-5 mile run outside. this will be the last chance i get to run outside before my race on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!:+

hello to all the cheetahs today!

Good Morning Lovely Cheetah Ladies!

I’m fighting a cold and my agenda is packed for the day, so no workout for me. Put the grocery list together, then it’s over to a friend’s house – she’s an avid Jets fan, DH an avid Patriots fan, so this is an annual tradition. Then it’s off to the nail salon as I broke a *!@%#! Nail, then to the grocery store.

Laurie – I’m feeling it too, from B&G! Right in my glutes, and I only did the floor work! Great workout! I’m so glad you had a great night. Sounds like a blast.

Wendy – I know the feeling! After 10 PM I turn into a pumpkin (or a sleepy, miserable person!). Hope you had fun! And yes, new workouts are always needed! And yeah, P90X is so worth it!

Jess- best wishes going out to your brother Scot! Bless him for doing this for us. Absolutely I will remember him in my prayers. My DH is allergic to cats as well, so we don’t have a kitty either, although I would love one.

Carole – oh that photo is precious! I take it this kitty is a male? :+ We had rain yesterday but it was really light. Not at all what they were forecasting. Enjoy your run – hope you beat the rain!

Shelly – a friend of ours is also an ex-marine and was talking about Marine Corps day. I’ll bet seeing your brother was incredible! How fun!! Enjoy you run!

Go Sunny Go! You’ll do fabulous on your run next week! I cannot wait to hearall about it! And tell us what DH thinks of P90X!

LD – I, too, thought DM would be harder. But it was a good workout. Surprisingly, I had no issues with either the tricep dips or push ups on the ball, but I took some BOSU classes so I knew what to expect. Well the only issue I had with the push ups is that my hands were sweaty and slid down the ball too easily.

Go Patriots! :p

Okay, so the new Jari work out is...in a word...AWESOME!!!!

The weight work is pretty much all compound exercises that kick arse like in Ripped to the Core! She also does drop sets of push ups similar to what Cathe does in Gym Styles but she does 70 instead of I think the 74 that Cathe does. Between each weight segment is a minute long cardio blast and most of them kick butt! Lots of the moves are familiar (and doable) thanks to Cathe! I was breathing and sweating like a pig! I never knew minute long blasts could be so effective! There is only minimal rest between segments so the heart rate stays up there! I give this work out 2 thumbs up for sure! The abs at the end were EH...I am just not a fan of Jari's ab work but with Cathe around I don't worry! I say it's definately worth the purchase!

Hi there, I'm back. I was headed out to my running area and decided I just didn't have it in me today. Been doing too much running around! Also since I work tonight I thought a long run may be unwise. Anyway, I just got the paper, came home and did 3 miles on the TM and then did Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge. Took a break from Cathe's new workouts!

Hey, there was a thread on the Open Discussion last week I think about naming the new series. It came to me today that a good name would have been the Comeback Series. Anyway, a few more personals...

Wendy- Thank you for the new Jari workout review. Sounds intriguing!

SunnyD- Sounds like you are definitely ready for your first race on Saturday. I hope it will be perfect weather for you! I'm sure you will love it! I was originally planning a race that day too but I probably won't now. I'm too competetive to run a race at a slow pace and I'm afraid I will reinjure myself.

LD- Great job with the shopping! I'm mostly done myself....hate waiting til the last minute! DH and I will probably finish up next week....BEFORE black friday!!!

Christine- You are so active I don't know how you maintain nice nails at all! I must confess I don't even try! In my job I'm not allowed long nails anyway. Have a great time at your annual football confrontation!

Well, gotta finish some housework, still cleaning up from the party!
Then it's a nap before work.

Later,
ShellyC

Hey! Back for personals!:)

Jess: Hope your poor Allison feels better fast! How did the visit to the clinic go? Hope you didn't have to wait too long.

Shelly: Thanks for the enable on the P90X...I am this close *hold pointer finger tip and thumb reeealllly close together* to asking for it for Christmas!}( I considered buying it for my DH as he has expressed interest in beginning a work out program/joining the gym I belong to but I'm thinking that's kinda cr@ppy cause I'M the one who really wants it!LOL

Sunny: Hope your run was good! So how many times have you done a P90X rotation? How long have you had the series??

LD: Glad you got lots of shopping done! I have DM on tap for tuesday! It will be my first time doing it in full! BM is set for a few days after that! YIKES!:eek: ;)

Christine: Take lots of vitamin C and kick that cold right out the door girl!}( Hope you enjoy your busy day today! P90X...I'm gettin' closer...}(...I figure if I ask for it for Christmas (and get it), then I can complete a rotation prior to beginning my 1/2 training! :D

Question for the Cheetahs who have P90X!!!:)

I am seriously considering P90X. I have a question though if you don't mind my picking your brains!;)

As you all know I hope to run a half marathon in the fall of 2007. I would like to begin training for this in the spring.

Obviously I can not do a P90X rotation WHILE in training for the half BUT if I get the series before the end of this year (Christmas *WINK WINK*) I was thinking I could do one complete rotation of it prior to beginning my half training!!!

My question is...will I be able to continue to run say 2x a week while doing a P90X rotation so that I don't lose the endurance I currently have w/o hindering my P90X results and over-doing it with my work outs???

Thanks for your thoughts ladies!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.