::: Cheetahs ::: Sunday, 12/3

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs-

I'm up early today, hoping to get a lot done. I'm planning on weights later on today - probably MM or B&G, not sure yet.

Christine :: I finished most of my cards yesterday, too -- will be glad to have that done and out of the way. (So, cheetahs, expect something in the mail soon!) :)

Have a great Sunday & workouts, everyone! Will be back.

-cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetahs! I am up early too. I am going to go put on really warm clothes and go out for a run. It has been so warm here. The doctor tells me I can get back to normal running and we get a cold front! Anyway, I want to get my w/out in early so I have to run outside. The TM would wake everyone up. I'll be back later to say hi to everyone! Have a greatSunday!
LD

Good mornin' cheery cheetahs,

another one up early...so i can fit everything in today:)

cathy- i checked my inbox and didn't receive the list of the cheetah addresses. please re-send. thanks.

LD-have a great run today.

i am still undecided about what i am going to do today. i hate being so undecisive. i put together a rotation then read something or see something and then i change everything i put togetherx(

i will let you know what workout i did upon my return to the check-in.

ttyl...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! Hello to Cathy, LD, & Sunny!! Enjoy your workouts!

Rest day here. I just realized it's been a week so I figured I'm due for it! Surprisingly no DOMS in my legs from the stairs y'day. Thanks to steppin' w/ Cathe! ;-) I will do my stretching & foam roller later though!

Off to church & then my new washer/ dryer is being delivered this afternoon! I'm sure my BIL will come over for lunch after church & hang out w/ us. I don't mind, he's a good kid!

Our power went out for about an hour & a half last night- I was sooo thankful when it came back on! Good thing we had a nice fire going so it didn't get cold in here!

Have a wonderful day!

Hey girls! I'll be back for personals but just wanted to check in with ya first. :)

Today is going to be a run. I can't decide if I want to brave the cooler weather and take it outdoors or be wimp and go to the gym. :7

Y'day night we had made arrangements for DH's mom to watch DS so we could go out dancing. Well the dancing ended up being cancelled but DS went to his granny's anyway and we did a little shopping. Bought 2 gifts and today we will do more since we won't be picking DS up until later when we go to MIL's for dinner. Hopefully we will get a decent amount done and the crowds won't be TOO bad. It wasn't too bad last night which was good. :)

I think all of my DOMS has finally disappated...I get to start it all over again tmrw with GS Legs standing work and a run!}( Today's run is just a warm-up for tomorrow. ;)

Well, I'm off to make my 2nd cup o' java and then hopefully I'll have time to get back here and catch up on personals before I start my day. :+

Good morning cheetahs

Jess...wow! with the stairs! That is so sweet your 7 yr old DD made breakfast..:)..Enjoy the new washer and dryer! Enjoy your rest day.

Wendy..sorry about the dancing being cancelled. Good you got in some shopping time though.

Christine...that is a real scary story about the other night. Glad your DD got out of there. I am awful with cards, but hope to get working on the cheetah list at least!! So today will be tree decorating?

Cathy...good job with the 6 miles. Glad you are enjoying your Nano! For work I do fingernails (I am a manicurist). Have fun with MM or B&G.

Laura...I was never a fan of CardioX...

Susan..good job with the Elliptical and B&G!

LD...enjoy your run and I hope it is not too cold.

Sunny...I bet you will get in a good workout.

I do hope Elaine has a great time running the marathon today. I have run this course, in fact it is where I did my PR! The weather looks good for her...

I'll be running a 12-14 mile run on a local river trail we have here. Mostly pavement but some dirt.

Have a great day...:)...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/football2.gif[/img]

I'm back and my 2nd cup of coffee is half way finished already! LOL

Cathy: Since you have been slackin' on the weights I think that it would be a good idea if you did BOTH MM and B&G today!}(

LD: Have a good cold run! I am probably gonna play it wimpy and head for the TM.:p If my friend was around I would run outside w/her but she's not so that's my excuse! LOL

Sunny: I feel your pain Sunny. I have the same problem ALL of the time! Do you notice how Elaine laughs at me all of the time because I am usually having some issue with choosing my work outs that I am trying to solve. It can be very traumatic. ;)

Jess: Enjoy your rest day...doing laundry in your new washer/dryer! LOL I know...you probably LIKE doing laundry. ACK! LOL My mom likes it. It's her FAVORITE household chore...as if ANY household chore could even be considered a FAVORITE!?!? :eek: :7 :7 :7

Carole: Sounds like a nice run you have planned. Enjoy it. Not being able to go dancing bummed me out a bit but getting some shopping done is more important at this point so it was okay.

Elaine: I don't know if/when you'll see this but GOOD LUCK! I know you'll do great! I'm cheerin' you on in my head girl! WOOH HOO!:+

Laurie: Okay, let me get this straight...you had DM AND an f/b work out planned for y'day!? OMG! That's crazy girl! Good for you! LOL Are you sore this morning?? }(

Christine: In Cali do they have the system in place that can track the location of a cell phone call for emergency purposes?? If so, then maybe your DD's cell was accidentally dialed...I know the buttons on my phone always get pressed while it's in my pocketbook, etc. I never use the keypad lock. LOL Just a possibility of what may have happened. I called 911 by accident once while trying to dial 411. :eek: Glad you enjoyed the party. Sounds fab! And FIVE open bars! OH MY! LOL

Laura: I have not previewed cardio x or kenpo x yet. I did however watch Plyo x. It looked ok. Are cardio and kenpo broken up into moves like plyo instead of being a fluid routine like Cathe does?

Susan: I am using the GS series this month and I am planning on no more than 4 days of cardio a week again. Hopefully I can seee it through this time so I can really gauge what happens. If I don't have to squeeze cardio in all of the time it would make my work out schedule so much easier!

Okay, off to get ready for a shopping spree...BBL!

HI Cheetahs-
This is a quick visit. Yesterday was a big house/family chore & decorating day and ended up being unscheduled rest, but I had done 5 good workouts (including 3 runs) this week already.

Today we have more family plans, but I hope to squeeze in a good WO later before dinner.

OK experienced friends. Help me decide about a rotation this month. My goals are to maintain fitness and endurance over the holiday season. I can't decide between going ahead with the new sereis and doing:
3 runs, 1 or 2 UB and LB and 2 circuits ( DM, LIC BM2- BC premix) ~or~
going heavy with:
PS or GS or S&H and still 3 runs plus 1-2 short cardios.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

wendy,
cardio x is a mixture of the other cardio workouts. a little of core synergistics,plyo x, kenypo(or whatever the name is) I felt like it pokes around too much.
can I ask those of you that have p90x what is the big deal with the heismans? just curious. I loved shoulders and arms. I havent done the other workouts yet. I might do plyo x if I only teach bootcamp 2x this week. I am yet to get that indentation of the middle deltoid without flexing. when lifting wts I can definately see muscle definition,no doubt about it. I really want to be able to see the cuts without having to flex. like cathe, she doesnt have to even move her arms and you see muscle,muscle muscle. Its frustrating me ! my biceps and triceps are coming along nicely and if I am doing tri kickbacks you can see the middle deltoid popping but when the arms are relaxed just hanging down, nothing. although a girl in my class did say I am muscular,which I dont see it. I know my arms are toned but I crave more!!!Its funny because intially I just worked out to lose wt,that is all I wanted and now I want muscle definition. I love that sculpted look. I long for the cut abs too. okay, enough of my blabbering.sorry!!

I hopefully will run again today. maybe on the treadmill instead of outsided though. hope you all have a nice day!!

Good Morning Cheetah Babes –

911 mystery solved. The police called again this morning at 5:30AM. We were surprised, but the 911 operator told us that sometimes a faulty phone will send a call – we just need to figure out which phone is doing that. That’s a relief. I’ll bet the dogs were reacting to Maja’s nervousness and fear. Today will be a hike for me, then addressing the rest of the cards, and putting up the tree.

Elaine – RUN CHEETAH RUN!!! We’re thinking of you today!!

Cathy – I know – it is nice to have that done. I love getting cards, but sending them out is a pain!

LD – Stay warm on your run! It always works that way, doesn’t it?

Sunny – I’m the same way. I just finished putting together my December rotation. I do it for the whole month – I should just do two weeks at a time! Have fun doing whatever you’re going to do!

Jess – enjoy your rest day, although I’ll bet it will be LaundryMax with your new washer and dryer! Hope the power stays on today!

Wendy – have fun shopping! Sorry dancing got canceled – I love to dance. Enjoy your run, too – be it indoors or out. The 911 call came from the house phone – which DD17 NEVER uses. We’ve figured it out, though – see above. Thank heavens! Kenpo X is a series of drills – not a fluid routine.

Carole – yep, tree decorating is on the list. I got a Noble Fir this year. I was carrying it around (the guy was impressed that I could carry the tree – too many wimpy girls out there I guess :+). Cathe comes in handy! I wish you lived closer – I need a good manicurist! I break my nails ALL the time. Enjoy your run! The weather does look perfect for Elaine, doesn’t it? I love that you have run this one! Cool!

Judy – tough call! My rotation this month is a 5 day split with 2 leg workouts – no cardio on those days. M,W, S are runs. I need to get running again. I’m using the GS series for this, although for legs I’m cycling through my workouts. Enjoy your decorating today! I’m in for that one, too.

Well, I was shooting for 6 miles today at the gym but ofcourse, the stinkin TM's are set to kick in to cool down at 60 mins and ofcourse this cheetah just wasn't fast enough to make 6 miles in 60 mins. :-( I came close...5.75 miles. I've run that distance once before though. I wanted to run FARTHER! ACK!:p I guess I could have reset the TM to get that last bit of mileage in but it just didn't seem worth the trouble and kinda like cheating so I didn't bother. I will have to go for 6 outside OR work on pickin' up my speed a bit so that I can squeeze 6 in on the TM one day soon.

Okay, no time for personals...have to jump in the shower and head up to MIL's. Shopping was a success, btw. Still have more to do but we are getting a decent amount accomplished with little trouble. :)

Hope to have time for more personals later!

Ciao Bellas!}(

Wendy...enjoy the shopping spree! The run was fun...:)

Judy...my advice would be to maybe skip heavy til the new year. I'd go for the new workouts!

Laura...I have more definition when I flex too....not much when I don't....must be genetics!

Christine...glad the mystery was solved. Have a great hike. I would love to do your nails!! I bet Elaine will do well today, this is a fast course...

I had a nice 14 mile run today. The weather was beautiful and I took a pic with my cell phone camera at the start...you know I have to share:

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL752/3147882/6408279/210365136.jpg

wow !carole beautiful picture. I am envious that you can run in such pretty places. Its cold here in ohio.last week really spoiled me with the spring like weather. by the way, in your picture,you can see muscle definition! you look really toned,abs and all. what where you doing right around the time of that picture as fas as workouts go?

Hey all –

Did a 5 mile trail run with Tucker today. Man was that fun! One of those runs that makes you remember why you run in the first place. It just felt great. Now, however, I feel like I’ve been through the ringer – haven’t done trail running for a while and it was a lot of down hill – it’s tough on the body. But, that’s okay… Lights are on the Christmas tree – part of one strand blinks so about 1/3 from the bottom there’s a blinking line – c’est la vie – I don’t feel like wrestling with the tree to fix it. :p Taking a break to re-charge and then it’s a decorating fest. Fun, fun…

Wendy – that sucks about the tm run! But 5.75 is great – I remember when 2 was a challenge for you… Amazing! Have fun at the MIL’s…

Carole – how beautiful! What a lovely run! Good for you! I’m sure Elaine will do well – I can’t wait to hear the results.

Hello ladies,
this is the first time I have really sat down today. It was beautiful today so I took the kiddies to the park and then we went to Trader joes for groceries and then did some housework.

Well, I am totally bummed. I went to the parade last night and we had to sit on a curb on the road to watch it and my sciatica was killing me. When I stood up I was in pain and had to leave the parade. This morning it has been bothering me a lot. I am so sick of this injury. I am wondering if I should see a someone and maybe get an MRI. I don't know. I would have thought this would be gone by now. Anyway, I am only going to do PUB today and no cardio or legs. Tomorrow is a rest day.

I am feeling a little weepy hearing about all of your wonderful runs. Oh well, I just have to hang in there. I am thinking of maybe seeing a physical therapist. Any thoughts?

Well, I have to go fix dinner and then do some upper body. Have a nice evening.

Susan

susan,
are you stretching your pirformis muscle ? this is the muscle that pinches the nerve. also, are you icing the area, several times a day. but stretch,stretch,stretch and ice,ice,ice. It usually takes several months for this to go away and yes some people end up getting therapy for it. I had this from falling down the stairs years before i became a PTA and it worked its way out for me but it took about 23-months. You will have days that it will seem to be more flared up and others where it doesnt seem as bad.listen to your body and I cant stress stretching enough. hope this helps.

I did the elliptical for only 25minutes tonight but I figure that is better than nothing. anything I do under 45minutes though I feel like I did nothing. my brother called me tonight and wants to trade nights teaching the bootcamp class. I will have to teach 2x on wednesday because he wants to teach tomorrow nights class since he has something going on wednesday. I really look forward to monday nights class,bummer. I still might go and do the class with him teaching it anyway. talk with you all later.bye!

Good late evening!! We had a nice day. Church & then came home to eat lunch & relax. Played a lot of Uno, my kids love that game now! And Kiersten made a tea party for us. The washer/ dryer was NOT delivered. They were running late (they said they'd be here between 1-4, and it was going to be way after 5 by that point!). Well, we had choir practice & church so we just said to deliver it tomorrow afternoon. UGH- so much laundry to catch up on by then! Oh well, it could be worse!

I don't know if I'll have time to check in in the morning so I thought I'd post now. I have my PT evaluation in the morning, we'll see what they say about my IT band now. It really is feeling so much better, but then again I haven't run in almost 2 weeks again since my measly 2 mile run. Then I have my dentist appt to get my new crown put on, yeah!!

Have a great night & I'll check in sometime tomorrow! I don't know what workout I'm going to do yet, we'll see what I feel like tomorrow! ;-) I enjoyed my rest day today!

*Sighs happily in a fully decorated house with Christmas cards done* I feel beaten up, but I’m happy. Some Tuscan Bean Soup and a big salad for dinner, and I’ll be complete. I’m looking forward to going to work tomorrow so I can relax! :+

Susan – I’m so sorry to hear your sciatica is really acting up again! Seriously, hon, go see someone. Maybe they can help. We have some wonderful resources here in the Bay Area. {{{HUGS}}} Hope you’re feeling better soon!

Laura – I think you should go to the class – that would be fun! Enjoy your day tomorrow!

Jess – sorry to hear about the washer and dryer! How frustrating! Definitely LaundryMax tomorrow – eh? Sounds like a busy day tomorrow!

Susan, don't feel bad about feeling weepy w/ the wonderful runs. I have felt the same way at times. I agree w/ Laura on stretching your piriformis. I know you do yoga, try the pigeon & half pigeon for a good stretch. You could try a PT, it's helped me a lot.

Sorry it was bothering you during the parade. I thought my IT band would be better by 6 weeks but I'm going on 10 weeks now & still have problems. Enjoy your rest day & really let your body rest!! I know it's hard to do, I've learned the hard way. Hope you enjoyed PUB!

Yeah for Christine!! Tuscan bean soup sounds yummy! I keep saying I'm going to work on my cards but so far haven't!! I will get them done soon hopefully!

Yes, LaundryMax for sure tomorrow!! I hope they don't wait too long tomorrow!! ;-)

Have a good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.