Cheetahs Sunday 11/26

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Runners!

I'm just getting this started! Off to add some personals now!:)

Laurie: Glad you learned your lesson about saturday morning appointments! ;) I used to be really bad about taking vitamins, etc. I've gotten better over the years but I'm still not perfect. LOL I remember more often then not these days atleast! :)

Carole: How bad was the storm that came your way y'day? Will you be going on the elliptical today since you missed it y'day?

Fitkansaschick: How did your 6 mile run go? And food shopping? I went food shopping y'day too. I don't like to go on weekends anymore but I didn't have a choice y'day. The store was empty! I guess everyone had gone for Turkey day and are so busy eating left overs that they didn't need to go back yet!:9

Shelly: You are very kind but TRUST me...FUGLY may be too nice of a word to describe the pic! LOL CF AND B&G at freakin' 4:30 in the morning!? HOLY COW! You never cease to amaze me! I am bowing down to you as I type this. ;)

Judy: Thanks for the money saving tip on the dosage for the glucosamine! I'll have to do that with the next bottle so long as I buy it right away! LOL

Christine: So how did it go in Napa? I can't recall why were there...can you enlighten me please? :)

Cathy: The more marathon is only doable by March for my friend and I because we each run HALF of the HALF. :) Sorry you didnt' like BM2. I know how frustrating it is trying to figure out choreo and if you are not really into step I can understand your not even wanting to attempt it. I still have not mastered RS and I have had the work out for quite some time. I can do combos 1 and 2 but that's where I stop! LOL

Sunny: You were a busy lady y'day! Man, for someone who hates cleaning, you sure spent a lot of time doing it!!! LOL I like to break it up more. It's easier for me to tolerate if I do a little every day or whatever. ;) Speaking of cleaning...my kitchen floor is a mess! It's white with a little beige in it and it's soooo dirty and I can't get it clean! I bought a scrub brush y'day at the food store! One day I am going to commit nap time to getting on my hands and knees and trying to get this floor clean! I'm gonna HATE every minute of it too but I can't stand lookin' at it anymore! ACK!x(

Susan: We are supposed to start decorating today. We never decorate ths early but now that Joey is not a BABY anymore I feel compelled to do it sooner. :+

Well, I am going to be using the elliptical today. My knee is feeling sooo much better than it was y'day morning but it's still not 100% so I don't want to take any chances on the TM.

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...the storm is now approaching....light rain and 39 out. I will run today, but if I don't get in 12-14 miles due to the weather I might do some time on the Elliptical. Glad to hear your knee is better. I take lots of vitamins!! Sometimes it drives me crazy do it...:)...enjoy your Elliptical workout...

So...I'll be running in a bit. I think it'll just be a bit wet. Hoping for 12-14 miles.

Have a great day...

Christine...Mustards sound like a good restaurant after all you went thru!! Sounds like fun doing a GTG in Napa!! Tell Ved that it really doesn't matter who is playing FB...I am usually yelling at someone!!!

Hiya cheetahs! This check in is slow getting started today! Alot of cheetahs out doing holiday shopping I guess! Had a busy but fun day yesterday and was quite pooped when I hit the sack. Slept like the proverbial log however and feeling good today!

Yesterday before I posted here I went to the Ask Cathe forum and saw that she (Cathe) had just posted a general hello and good wishes note so I replied. I had never had the courage before....and she answered!!! She paid me such a nice compliment also (about my avatar pic) Wow, she is such a fabulous person. She must be incomprehensibly busy but still takes the time now and then for personal replies....amazing!

Christine- your Napa trip sounded like it went well! Sorry you couldn't squeeze in a workout! Hopefully your getting in a good one today! Cheetah GTG??????

Cathy- Thank you for your comment re: my race pics!! You will love your Nano. I can't imagine running without it now. I'm surprised you find the BM2 to be overly complicating! I actually found the step choreography to be rather simple for her. Do you have any step workout of hers that you can do?

SunnyD- Wow, I got tired just reading about your day yesterday! Frankly, I don't know how YOU can do it all!!!! As for me, having no kids (except for my BIG one...DH) definitely helps. I'm amazed at the mothers with little one's and how they manage it all and stay fit!!!

Susan- I got all nostalgic reading your post yesterday. It sounds like you'll have a great family Christmas. Your kids are lucky!

Wendy- I'm so glad for you that your knee is better!!!! Maybe the zuccini treatment worked afterall! (I'm still laughing over that!)
I think I will follow your stellar example and get myself some glucosamine. It makes sense, especially at my age!

Carole- Yikes, what bad timing for you with this storm. What a rude storm to interfere with your long run!!!! Hopefully you're able to get it in before it hits!

Well, time to get the ol tush moving! I'll check back later. Today will be a 6 mile tempo run and some ab/core work! Tonight it is back to work.....sigh

ShellyC

Hey All -

I think I'm going to run this morning (4/5 miles) followed by PUB. Then it's grocery shopping and football! DH's team isn't playing until 1:00, so I have some time. LOL Quiet this morning here on the boards.

Wendy - I was in Napa to pick the condo we want to buy. There are several that are suitable, which is good as we don't get to pick first. I'm excited, though - it will be fun! You're being smart about you knee. Good job! It will get better soon. *Sends healing vibes to Wendy*

Carole - good luck getting the run before the rain. It's sunny here right now, but the rain is coming. I'll get moving soon to get out and run, too. I was really impressed with Mustards. I was expecting maybe a $50 gift certificate, but not to have the whole lunch comped. That was really good of them.

Well hello to all who follow - I'm sure I'll check back later to say hi!

Shelly - we were posting at the same time! Sounds like the run is a good one. And I LOVED your photos! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your run!

Hello lovely cheetahs,

I am sleepy this morning. I need my caffeine fix. Bring on the green tea and LOTS of it. I am going to finish up the christmas shopping today. I have to stop picking up things for myself}(

I am feeling bloated and DONE with crappy food. I think my body is trying to tell me to clean up my act, so I will definitley do just that.

I am going to take a break from cardio today and I will do Butts and Gutts standing leg work and PUB. I ran yesterday for 3.3 miles and it felt good and I did the lying leg work of butts gutts afterwards. LOVE the new workouts!

Cathy, I am sad to hear you did not like BM2. I just adore that workout. Do you think you may want to try it again later? I find that I have to give a workout at least 2-3 times before I chuck it, especially Cathe. Gotta love the running though. It is great to just let your mind wander and enjoy the constant pace of it. What it your workout today?

Wendy, Glad the knee is feeling better. You are so good about taking care of your injuries. Have fun on the elliptical. Yes, the whole christmas thing takes on a completely different meaning with kids. It is so nice to see it through a childs eyes. They love the things that we take for granted. My girls are in love with snow globes, so we have them all over the house. Joey is probably too young for that though. I bet he will love the tree.

Carole, I have not heard of a storm. I hope we don't have one as well. I have been loving the 70 degree weather. I am impressed with you leaf raking. I make my hubby do all of that stuff. Have a great run and I am sure there is probably some FB on today :)

Shelly, great pics! Wow, you had quite a workout yesterday. I like to do double workouts, but I usually do one more in the evening instead of right after. You rock!!!! Yes, I am VERY lucky to have my family. I love them to pieces. This time of year I really feel very emotional about all that I have. I know there are so many people in the world that would give anything to have what I have. Okay, I am getting teary eyed. I better stop before I get too mushy.

Christine, A second home in Napa sounds heavenly. We used to rent a home in a place called CLoverdale that is pretty close to Napa. Are you serious about having a cheetahs GTG there????? That would be great!!! Enjoy your run and we will be doing PUB together. Love that workout!

hello to all that follow. I have been so bad about coming back in the evening. Have a great day ladies and great workouts!!!!

Cheers!

Susan

Hey Cheetahs:) I had a great workout with B-Max2 this morning, it's my first time doing it 'as is' and it was tough, long and I loved every minute of it! Between yesterday and today I have some ab DOMS which I haven't felt for a long time so I'm happy to savour the soreness, it's a John Cougar Mellencamp thing 'Hurts so GOOD':) My date last night was completely enjoyable, we went to see 'Bobby', it was pretty good, some of the story lines seemed a bit pointless though, afterwards we went for drinks and munchies and chatted for 3 and a half hours, it was fun, easy and flirty and I hope we do it again real soon:)

Wendy, enjoy your decorating, I just love the way the house feels when it's all Christmasey although the weather is feeling more Eastery here:) Glad your knee is better, your so smart to take it easy.

Carole, I love watching storms (don't love being out in them though), hope you got your run in before the skies opened up. I chuckled at the image of you hollering at the TV watching FB, enjoy!!

Shelly, great pics from your race! I saw your exchange with Cathe and thought it was very cool, I've never asked her anything directly but am always impressed with her humour, grace and manner. I'm in awe of the workout you banged out yesterday, you fitness junkie you...:7

Christine, have a great run, sounds like you have a good day planned. I hate grocery shopping on Sundays but I do it most weeks so the Girls can have fresh food for the dreaded packed lunches.

Susan, hope your caffeine fix gave you the kick in the pants that you needed. I smiled at your sentimentality towards your family, it's lovely that you are grateful for what many take for granted.:)

My tummy is starting to shout at me so I'm going to go play 'what's in the fridge'. I've been so good with my eating and am feeling lighter because of it, the only down side is that when my body fat is up I love my boobs but then again when it's down I love my abs. Too bad I have to choose:+ Never happy are we??

Take Care
Laurie

Laurie,
That is great about your date with your gentleman friend. When is your next one? You are too funny about the boob comment. I NEVER have boobs, even after I was pregnant, none! I am happy not having them though. I can jump around more.

Great workout! I love BM2. There are so many options.

The caffeine has kicked in and I am off to do my workout!

Have a great day Laurie.

Susan

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Well I did about 3.25 fast miles on the elliptical this morning. Good work out!

Now I will do some housework since DH is out of the house and DS is napping....I'll be back for some more personals later on.

Have a great afternoon girls!:)

Well, I just spent a lot of time scrubbing a relatively small portion of the kitchen floor and although it looks better it does not look NEARLY as good as I would have wanted considering how much effort I put into it. ACK! x( No wonder why I don't do that more than once in a blue moon! So I gave up for now and just mopped it like I usually do. I should probably finish scrubbing this week though so it's EVENLY dirty...er umm..I mean CLEAN!!!;)

Now I'm just waiting for it to dry so that I can go make some coffee and catch up on the personals. :)

Here...since no one believes me about the totally FUGLY finishing photo from the race, I have gotten brave and will share it with y'all...but don't say I didn't warn you first!!!!:eek:

http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=jsrc05&P=&AID=4085425&IID=140229468

And to show y'all that I didn't look that bad at the start, look at this. Look for the guy towards the left in the long sleeved yellow top. I am on his left with the blue open jacket and white top and my friend is on his right with the tan hat.:p

http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=jsrc05&P=&AID=4085403&IID=140228247

Shelly...that is cool Cathe answered your post!! Well I didn't outlast the storm, it came and now is very nasty!

Christine...that should be a good game with the Bears & Pats. Have a good run and fun with PUB.

Susan...if I waited for DH to do the raking??? Well, it'd look just like it has...:)...Yes, lots of FB today..Have fun with B&G standing and PUB.

Laurie...that is awesome about your date last night. I was thinking about you and it sounds like things went well...:)...Glad you liked BM2....I also like that "Hurts so good" feeling...I like watching storms myself. Especially with lightening!! Funny...I never have boobs if I gain or loose....

Wendy..good job on the Elliptical. How is the knee?....Hey! That pick is far from Fugly....you were running hard silly...:)...thanks for sharing, I think you look great!

So the run for the 1st 6 miles wasn't too bad. We did get soaked...but then about 10 miles the frigging wind kicked up...I was like WTH!!! And then my shoe came untied....try tying your shoe with gloves on!!!!...I took them off, tied it and then do you think I could put them back on????? No way.....so they kind hung on my hands. 1 mile left and my shoe comes untied again!! Screw it....gloves off til I get home....:)

Made about 12.1 miles and the storm is much worse now. Also my DH is sick....OMG....he is just like a baby....hopefully he sleeps all day....:)

Hey Ladies! Popping back in to the house to warm up! DH insists on watching the game in the garage with the door open, so it’s COLD!! Went for a 4 mile run, then ended up doing the timesaver premixes of both GS BS and GS CT. I’m feeling those delt band moves! Wow!

Susan - I’m with you! I’m done with crappy food, too! Yeah, we’re getting the storm, too. Although, it alternated being sunny and raining. Typical California weather! Had I known you were doing PUB, I would have made sure to do it too! And of course! Once the condo is built (summer 2008) we’ll have GTG. Absolutely!

Laurie - yeah, BM2 is a killer in is complete form! Glad you had a great time on your date! How wonderful!! I’m so excited for you!! I hope you do it again, soon, too! How fun! See, if I don’t grocery shop on Sundays, I would have mutiny on my hands, so it’s “get it done”. I liked when I wasn’t working because then I’d simply shop during the week - sometimes every day for what I needed that day. Oh well…

Wendy - don’t you hate that? Cleaning house is a majorly thankless job. But I do feel good when the whole house smells clean. You’re too funny- that photo isn’t THAT bad - okay, it’s not the most flattering I’ve seen of you, but you’re still cute. And as Carole said - you were running honey, you're not supposed to look like you could grace the front of Vogue.

Carole - it’s just past half time with the Pats/Bears. DH is standing in front of the tv in the garage, glued. Good game. For me the Ravens beat the Steelers, so I’m happy… Sounds like it was quite the run! Great job at making it 12.1 miles!! I hate running in the wind! My run was much shorter and I missed the rain, but Tucker the Wondermutt is sleeping the day away. I think 4 miles was too much for him! :p I hope DH feels better soon! There’s something nasty going around! Give him tea laced with whiskey - that should knock him out. :+ Making Penne Putensca tonight (pasta with tomato sauce and olives). I’m excited.

Good Evening Ladies.

Carole: Sorry about the soppy run with the shoe and glove problems. I had to LOL though, I must admit. It sounds like it would have made a good comedy skit!:7

Christine: A run AND the TS' of both GS u/b's? WOW! Nice work out girl! }( I was considering moving one of my u/b gs work outs that I am doing later this week to tonight after DS goes to bed but I am currently re-thinking that idea!:p I was much more lively at the time when I came up with that plan. :7

Thank you both Carole and Christine for the nice comments about my pic but it's still really BAD! It's the awful strained expression on my face from looking down at the garmin that gets me! LOL Lookin' all sweaty and beat up doesn't bother me in the least!:+

I just put the Wiggles on for DS. It's wind-down time before bed. He normally goes to bed at 7 if I have to work in the morning but since I am off tomorrow he gets to stay up later. :)

I'll be back later I hope.:)

Okay, they posted the results of the race...the 50:54 time is official and I came in 452nd out of 556 participants. I knew it was a BIG race!:)

G'evening Cheetahs!!! It sounds like you all have had a very nice weekend!! I'm trying to catch up on what I missed!! We got back from my Mom's late this afternoon. It was busy & fun as usual!! :) Thanksgiving was great w/ our family. I did great this year & managed to eat pretty healthy over the holiday. I even skipped the pumpkin pie & other desserts, they just really didn't even appeal to me. ;-) I just enjoyed the turkey & ham and other healthier options, yummy!!! My Aunt made my fav broccoli salad (the one w/ the raisins & sunflower seeds) & I loaded up on the veggies.

I also got a lot of shopping done, yeah!! Mom & I went to Kmart ON Thanksgiving morning & then I went back w/ my aunt T'giving evening. I helped them pick out things for the girls for Christmas & got some good deals too. Then I went to Wal*Mart on Sat morning & got a GameBoy mini for my dd ($20 off!) & a few other things. Then Mom & I went to JCPenney today for MORE sales! ;-) I'm almost done shopping for the girls now- yeah!! I also had to buy new tennis shoes & dress shoes for Hannah, her feet have GROWN! She went from a 1 1/2 to a 2 1/2 shoe practically overnight!!

We went to breakfast w/ my Dad on Fri morning at Perkins, my kids' favorite place to go. (they get a free cookie & balloon. LOL) We went to my IL's for the rest of Friday (it was my BIL Brian's 22nd bday). My one splurge was a couple pieces of my MIL's homemade choc. black walnut FUDGE!. It felt like we were busy the whole time. And we went to see Santa Clause 3 also, it was a cute movie.

I'm glad to be home & back to routine tomorrow!! I did KPC on Thurs, used Mom's treadmill on Fri, did KM & some of CM on Sat, and today was my rest day.

I think I'm going to do BM2 Scrambled Eggs tomorrow, it sounds like a goodie!!! Have a great night!! We're watching Elf (I love that movie!) & hanging out now!

fitmom your race picture is great! Was that a 10K? Great time.

I did not run yesterday. What is wrong with me. I think I will do Drill Max tomorrow.

>fitmom your race picture is great! Was that a 10K? Great
>time.

TY! No, not a 10k...5 miles. :) It's still a great time for moi. I'm happy! Have fun with Drill Max!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.