.::. CHEETAHS .::. Sunday ~ run long, run strong

Carole :: IA--I want A's up at the top, and excluding niacin, I'll be happy with a combination of A's and a few B's or C's elsewhere. The sodium is very hard to keep down--it is in everything...that was the SuperCarole smiley. :)...LMBO at your 1400 point word on Wordscraper. I can see another slaughter in my future. *lol*

Gloria :: ooh, kayaking sounds exciting! Yes, it's a Will movie (love him!) :) Have a great run & fun on the water. Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Wendy ::
I know someone requested more! I'm happy SNM went for it.
*lol* That someone was me. Gotta feed the smiley addiction. :) Have fun with GH last night?

I slept a little later than I wanted, so I'm thrilled that it's NOT humid out there for a change, and I don't have to rush out. I'll be going for 10 today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing Sunday!

Hi Cheetah Friends I will not get in (m)any personals this morning.

We are still putting our home back together.:confused: The painters need one more day to finish up. And the lower level is finally dry. Now the Service Pro company will be back on Wednesday to reset the carpet with new padding and clean it.

In the mean time DD is back:) form camping in the Adirondacks with our extended family. And DH and I have been in a golf tournament all weekend ( we have been requested to take carts for this one) Any way there has not been much time for checking in around here.

It looks like many of you are really liking the nutrition software. I am not ready to bite yet, however After reading just half of Gillian McKeith's book, I have made some changes. My food choices were good but not good enough. I am identifying with her arguments along with Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food

Cathy- Go get em on your 10 miler this morning!!:eek::eek:

Dallas- How is the family?

Shelly- Are you moved in ?

PS- I caved in and bought a 15# kettle Bell at Target! Last week I tried Art of Strength with various dumb bells and decided 15# was a good size KB to have. For some exercises I can use a 20# a DB (one arm rows etc.)

Good Morning Ladies.

Cathy: Enjoy your 10 today! That mileage must be startin' to feel like a breeze for you now! Um okay, so I have a terrible memory. I recall you posting in the smiley thread but forgot you had started it! LOL Thanks for the request! :)

Judy: Glad your DD is home safe and that your house is on it's way back to normal. Enjoy your kb purchase. I started out with a 15# too. I eventually bought another 15 to do double bell work with and a 20 for single bell work. It's very addicting. Be warned! LOL How did you and DH place in the tournament?

So we went out to eat at Applebee's last night. I had the talapia off the WW menu and one of thier dessert shooters which (for anyone who may not be familiar) is a dessert such as sundae, chocolate mousse, etc that comes in a small serving...Probably the size of a small scoop of icecream. I chose the chocolate mousse. It was UBER yummy! The talapia was extremely tastey as well. Great meal. Problem is that they don't give you enough nutrition info on the talapia and I can't find ANY on the chocolate mousse. I can use the mousse that is pre-entered in the nutrition program but I don't know how much moussee it was! ARGH! Anyone have any idea how many ounces might be in a scoop of icecream??? Anyway, given the info I had and making a few guesstimates, I entered the info and well, let's just say my GPA isn't as good as it was prior to that meal. :p The dinner was good, it's the dessert that is the problem. It was such a small serving though so I'm not gonna worry. Back to being good today!:D

Time for another cup of java!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I got a B finally with Potassium!..:)...But and F in Phosphorus?...oh well, I am really liking the software though, it does keep you on track. Very cute Supercarole smiley..:D...I have no clue why that particular word was so high? Do you get more points for the number of letters you use? That is nice you weather is not too humid. Enjoy your 10 miles.

Judy...I really like the nutrition software. Hope you and DH had fun in the Golf tournament.

Wendy..I think the scoop could be about 2 ounces?...I would just think the fat would be sky high...

I am planning on about 10 miles. Going to a trail to run and if it is smoky we might come back here and run. Or suck in some more smoke!

I have a pic of Sadie & Beau in their pool:

328488921.jpg

Have a great day...:)

Carole: Thanks for the ounce guesstimate. I will use it! I'll let you know what the damage is! :eek: I hope the trail is not too smokey. Enjoy your run no matter what! Adorable pic, btw!

I'm back with the info for 2 ounces of choc. mousse:

Cals: 121 Carbs: 9 Protein: 2 Total Fat: 8 Saturated Fat: 5

It's actually not too bad. It lowered my Cals from and A to a B and my Saturated Fat from an A to a B. My GPA went from a 3.5 to a 3.42. I can live with that! Now wether this is accurate or not I have no clue but ignorance is bliss right? LOL

Last edited:
Oh Cheetahs! Before I forget! For any of you IN or close to Jersey who might want to participate!

I am seriously considering running in a 15k race on Saturday September 27. The race starts at 9am in Asbury park. It can be done as a 2 or 3 person relay team or as singles running the entire race.

Anyone? Anyone? :)

Last edited:
Good Morning All!

Dallas – I wanted to say that I am so happy the Chemo went well for MIL, AND that DH’s tests were negative! How wonderful! I haven’t read the replies to your post about the harder shorter run, but just know that it’s normal. Runs can simply be tough for weird reasons. Do NOT worry. The running will come back.

Carole – I agree with you on the weight control area on the nutrition. I was thinking of y’all yesterday and I think I did pretty well, calorie-wise, for food. :p That’s hard to do while traveling. Oh – LOVE the pic of Sadie and Beau!! Thanks for sharing!

Wendy – Yeah, ITA about WW and making bad choices. The problem with the core program is that it’s so limiting. I liked the kb that Cathy did. It’s a good one. You are one insane Cheetah! Plyo Legs AND a 7 mile run?! *bows low* What do you think of Plyo Legs? Oh, I don’t worry about sodium intake. My blood pressure is perfect, and I have no other reason to watch sodium, so I don’t. I don’t go crazy, but I don’t watch my intake.

Cathy – Enjoy your run! It’s hot here in NC. What’s it like up there? I find that if I don’t get a specific nutrient one day, I get it the next day. :p

Gloria – We made it, and are here. It’s a LONG trip. I love campfires, too. Sounds like fun for you and DH. Nice workout!

Jackie – As DH also is a workout fanatic (which is nice!), I’m sure to get in runs and bike rides. I also brought Mindy’s Bootcamp for weight work. So I’ll get something in. I’m not a fan of dressing rooms either. I don’t get them – if they WANT us to buy, why don’t they spend money on flattering mirrors and lights? I get in there and look like death warmed over!

Judy – glad your home is almost back in place!!

I’m here in lovely North Carolina, watching the ocean and enjoying the morning. I’ll probably head out for a bike ride soon or do Mindy’s BootCamp – haven’t done that one yet. Yesterday was not fun – dragging two teens through airports and long car rides, only to realize that the airline lost DD19’s luggage. Of all the bags to lose, why THAT one? What a mess. Now we’re waiting for them to deliver to the house. We don’t know when that will be. Looks like we might have to get her a new bikini because we’re planning on going out dad’s neighbor’s boat to cruise up to Beaufort (Beau – like Carole’s Beau – Fort, not the usual pronunciation). Then we’ll go to an island. It should be fun. Dad will stay behind to receive the baggage.

Christine: I thought the core plan was the same as the other plan only it gave you a list of "free" foods. What restrictions are there? The day you have planned sounds lovely. Boat rides are a fabulous way to enjoy the weather and even the water if it's an area where it's okay to swim while you are anchored! :D Sorry about DD's luggage. What a bummer! Did you hear about American Airlines HUGE fubar? Thier entire baggage system went down at one of the large tri-state area airports! OMG, THOUSANDS of pieces of luggage sitting in a room not moving for who knows how long until they get the system fixed!YIKES!

Ahhh! I'm feelin' good. Enjoyed a strong run this morning. Made it 11 instead of 10. No back pain (yeah!) It's gorgeous out there. Sunny but zero humidity. Couldn't ask for more. :) :) :)

Judy :: glad you are enjoying McKeith's book...good luck in the tourney!

Wendy :: I have had the tilapia at App's. Good stuff. Is it the one with the mango salsa or the cajun lime? Know your question was directed to Christine, but here's a WW link comparing the flex and core plans FYI: http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/eat/plans.aspx Depending on how I feel at that later point in training, I *might* be doing a race the weekend before, so the 15K in Asbury would be a no go for me.

Carole :: Cute shot of the doggies coolin' off in the pool. :) Congrats on the B! I think I might have gotten one of those once for potassium. *lol* I'm not sure about the rules of Wordscraper. I just know you're whoopin' my butt (as usual!)

Christine :: it was sunny & warm while I was running but NOT humid (amen!)...sorry about DD19's wayward luggage. You are right--that was NOT the bag to lose. But maybe she'll be happy scoring a new bikini from the ordeal. A relaxing morning by the ocean followed by a bike ride and time on the water sounds like a perfect day...enjoy! :) :) :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Need to do some inputting into the nutrition plan.

4DS B&T plus kickbox core work is done. I feel good.

Cathy: NP on the race. What distance is the race you are looking to run? I am most likely running it as a single no matter what but it'll be fun if I end up with some Cheetah company...

Perhaps Shelly or Wendi would be interested?? ;)

I just checked what w/e the Asbury race is. It's the weekend I am due to run my longest training run of 15 miles. Would it be okay I put 2 earlier long runs back to back and skipped one shorter run in between in order to get my 15 miler in a week or two BEFORE the race?

My schedule would look something like this:

7 miles
3.5 miles (actually not doing this as that is this coming w/e and I'll be on the RT)
9 miles
11 miles
5.5 miles
13 miles
6.5 miles
15 miles
15 k race
7.5 miles
18 mile race

Last edited:
Wendy...thanks re my pic. The trail was not smokey at all! Good job on 4DS B&T and core work. You schedule looks okay to me...

Christine...I did get a B in my cals yesterday, not by much but figured it was okay as I was doing a long run today. I am sure it is tough watching cals while traveling. Thanks re my pic. It is such a relief watching them play now..:)...That is not fun about the lost luggage. Hope they get it back to you soon. Have fun cruising to Beaufort.

Cathy...way to go on 11 miles instead of 10!!!
5.gif
Sadie does not get in the pool near as much as Beau, so DH had to put her in for the pic! Interesting as I am finding I don't need all of the vitamins I normally take now that I am watching the foods that have them! I am sure you will catch up in Wordscraper...:)

We had a nice 10 mile run on a smokeless trail! The last mile was tough, but I think I am getting my body used to some distance. Off to catch some rays...
6.gif

Carole: Hope you are enoying the sun. :) I'm glad your trail run was smoke-free. That must be a great relief! Thanks for your opinnion regarding the September race and my training schedule. I may not do EXACTLY what I wrote but I am definately going to work it so that I can get my LONG runs in AND run the race. I like the 9-10 mile distance alot.

Hey everyone!

Lorie - I was blocked out of Cathe’s “old” website. With the new one, I am able to get in….so far. Thank goodness! But it will probably just be a matter of time before they figure it out and block me again! Grrr! The sanctuary looks wonderful!

Wendy - I am going to Montana for vacation. I can’t wait! That is great about your 18 miler training! Is that the one that Shelly is running with you? That is cool about them changing the titles! I didn’t even notice! Your dinner at Applebees sounded yummy!
I think your schedule would be fine that way.

Carole - I really like One on One with Tony. The only thing that I didn’t like was the long breaks he takes between exercises and the fact that it is not chaptered so that you can chapter through to get to the next one faster. But…we can FF. A lot of people didn’t like his “spitting” (he was just getting over a cold)….but that didn’t bother me. It was a fun workout and I love how he is so “real” and cracks me up. I am glad I got it and joined. I can’t wait for the other ones. If you can handle the long breaks, etc….I think you will like it!
What a cute picture of the doggies!!!

Cathy - Do you consider Jari’s workouts circuits, or do you mean “Cardio and Weight circuits?). Last week, I did Jari’s. I may switch to C&W type Cathe Circuits, ala HSTA, HSC, etc. What do you think? Glad the weather was on your side this morning! Great job on your 11 miles!

Judy - I am glad the house is getting put back together! I haven’t been bitten by the Nutrition software bug yet, either. I am still contemplating it! I sounds really good!

Dallas - I am so glad the chemo went well and that your DH’s tests were negative! I missed what was going on! I am sorry that I didn’t say anything before! I didn’t realize all of that was going on!

Christine - Awww! Sounds like heaven ! I would love to be sitting and watching the ocean right now! Grrr! That is awful about your DD’s luggage! Good luck on finding the bikini! Enjoy the boat ride!

I have to go to the funeral home tonight. My good friend’s brother died. I feel so bad for her.

This morning we ran 10.50 miles. We ran with Patty’s daughter. She is somewhere between 25 and 30 (I think). She took her little boy in the jogging stroller and ran the first 5 with us. The second 5 miles were steep hills, so she couldn’t take the jogger up and down them. It was tough keeping up with her! She is a lot faster than me! And to beat it all….she was probably slowing down a lot for me!

Hi to everyone!!!!

I am going to go find something to wear to the Funeral Home.

Linda

Linda: My heart and prayers go out to your friend. So sad when someone close to you dies. :( Yes, Miss Shelly is running the 18 with me. Isn't that the coolest!? :) We are going tie ourselves together so that if one slows down too much the other can drag her along.;) Have an excellent time on vacation! How long will you be gone?

Carole :: thanks!! :) I was thinking of your advice when I decided to go a little longer than Jeff's recommended 8-10. I will try to inch them up there a little bit as you suggested, but I figured since I just added another day of running this week, staying conservative is good. BTW, I burned 1300+ out there today, which our nutrition program doesn't take into account. Would you try to stay within the program's prescribed calorie range (if I do that, I'll have a calorie intake of 800 for today) or do you think it's important (or OK) to consume a little extra? LOVE your little laying-out smiley. I'm about to go do that myself! :) YAY for the smoke-free run! Glad the upped miles are feelin' good.

Wendy :: Your training plan looks fine to me. How did it feel running outside? Are you planning on walk breaks for your 18 or running it straight through? Oh, I forgot to mention earlier--I did not realize you did Plyo & your 7 miler on the same day. Holy insanity!!! :) Those are some legs of steel you got there, girl!...The race I am considering is a half.

Linda :: sorry about your friend's brother. :( I dread going to funeral homes. I don't know the Jari workout you were referring to the other day. I've only done S&L and RTTC maybe twice, and I don't remember them having cardio in them...not sure...? I am doing circuits like HSC, HSTA, DM, LIC, etc. Granted, I am just finishing the first week of the rotation, but I think it works better for me than lifting heavy for the time being. If you try it, I'll be curious to hear what you think. Oh, it's always a boost to the ego when I get passed by folks with the strollers. *lol* I don't know how they do it!

Shelly, Wendi, Lorie :: With regard to next Friday's GTG, I think I am going to have to pass, after all. I have so much running around to do that week & weekend, and I think it's going to be a little too crazy on Friday with picking up my Cabber friends in the early afternoon and getting them to either their hotels or to Cathe's. Sorry 'bout that. If you are still interested in going to breakfast/lunch in the area, I'd be happy to give you recommendations.

Oh, and Posh :: (hope you pop in today)
thanks.gif

I can't wait to meet you in Chicago! Meant to ask (sorry if you already addressed this, I can't remember): do you take walk breaks during your marathons?

Cathy: I certainly did NOT do Plyo Legs and my 7 miler in the SAME day! LOL I did Plyo on friday and the 7 miler on saturday! My lower half is hurtin' as you can well imagine!:eek: It was bad planning on my part and will NOT happen again like that with any future long runs during my training. I enjoyed running outside. Nice change from the TM but the TM is so much more convenient for me during the week as you can well imagine. I loved the fact that it wasn't too hot. That made a world of difference!

oh, lordy! where did the weekend go?! well, at least that means the cheetah pre-rt and rt is closer! :D

wt- for getting the smiley limit upped. you rock with the extra mileage! okay, that SUCKS about not making it next friday!!! :( maybe you will accomplish more than you think this week and can change your mind!!!

wendy-i did pickup a few good things at the market. the sanctuary was great, as usual! good idea on copying long posts!

gloria-i am like you. i can never really pre-plan a workout because there's always a chance i'll change it just before i start!

dallas-glad you and dh were planning on getting out. what did you end up doing?

jackie-sometimes, ya just gotta have tantrum girl!!! nothing else is appropriate! ;)

judy-don't you just LOVE gillain? she definitely tells it like it is! you have to watch her show. it's great! i did the personal profile on her website and really love it and the forums there. they're a great way to get information.

carole-OMG that photo of the babies! too cute!!!

christine-that stinks about dd's luggage! did it get delivered yet? well, at least you're at a relaxing place!

posh-what can i say about the whole accident thing but OMG?!?!?! i am so glad everyone is okay. that is so scary!!!

linda-how crazy you were blocked out! hopefully, the bugs are fixed and you are in for good!!!

so, i did iTread outdoors #17 yesterday. in logged my run on gmaps and it said i did 7.2 miles in 59 minutes. grace has you running pretty quickly the whole time, then sprints for the last phase. it was challenging but good. definitely challenging...

today, i did 4ds kb and ub premix. it's 100 minutes and it's TOUGH! i went as heavy as i could on everything. i went to fill the dogs' water bowls right after and i fill a big pitcher and then fill all the bowls. well, i was shaking so much i spilled the pitcher! DOH!

i am thinking this will be an "all cathe" week so i can make sure i'm familiar with everything. i CAN NOT believe the rt is THIS WEEK!!! today was the last day of our tax-free weekend, so i went to get some new w/o outfits (i can't really work out in boxer briefs and a sports bra :eek:). i found some cute stuff at target. i'm not head over heels crazy, but it'll do. it's funny, but i realized that i haven't purchased and coordinated, cute w/o outfits since i taught aerobics in college! since then, i just buy whatever i see but don't pay attention to whether it's an outfit or not.

anyway...going to try and motivate for the week!

Last edited:
Wendy :: yes, I can imagine you were feelin' those legs during your run! So, are you planning to run for the entire 18 or will you incorporate walk breaks?

Lorie :: no, it's not so much a matter of getting things done. Among other things, I need to drive my mom to a couple of doc appointments this week, so it is literally that kind of running around. For Friday, I was thinking about the timing of it, and it's just too much to drive to Glassboro in the AM, then to the airport and back again. Whoo, spilled a pitcher? Sounds like you got a helluva workout. Great job!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.