::: CHEETAHS ::: Sun., 9/24

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Sunday, cheetahs!

I'm up early...lots of schoolwork to tackle today...but first, I plan to run. Might take off from the weights. No yoga (my instructor's gonna wonder where I've been the last 3 weeks) - intead I'm going to try to see a friend's soccer game.

Have great w/outs, everyone! Will stop in again later.

cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs

Good Luck Jess!!!!!!

Cathy...have a good run and have fun at your friends soccer game. KPC is still my favorite kickbox but I did enjoy Taebo too. Janis Saffell is good but not tough and I only have one Powerstrike but it is intense. I thought the Grey's Anatomy premiere was great!!

Barb...glad you like the Elliptical. And upper body plus abs! Good workout!

Wendy...http://bestsmileys.com/excited/2.gif[/img] Great Job!!! What always has worked for me and sleeping before a run is you rarely sleep well the night before, but the night before that is the important rest night. So 2 nights before the race try and get in a good nights sleep.

Judy..hope you are feeling better today.

Jennifer, I am sure KPC isn't quite taking it easy!..but it is fun...:)

Adri...sorry about the rain ruining your run...hope the storms are not too bad.

Katrina...good workout with Imax2 and PUB...

Christine....sorry about the achilles. How is it today? I feel you are trained for the half so even a bit of a taper now would be fine if your achilles still hurts some. You might have to do more Elliptical! It does sound like you'll have 2 job choices!

Susan...the tea party sounded fun! Glad your legs are feeling better.

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday. Had to move a few things so I could get my new couch in!! After 18 years we finally got a new couch and rocker/recliner. Love the couch with recliners on each end. Then I went to a Bridal shower for one of the hairdressers I work with's daughter. Had a good time there (didn't have to play those silly games!!) So, the day went by fast.

Today I'll be doing about 15 miles I hope. I'll be on my own as my running buddies are in a 4 person relay race that I was not interested in doing. Then of course Football!!

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cathy. I got your email and will let you know how far this race is from me asap. Have a good day! :)

Carole, You know I was nosing around online yesterday and I could SWEAR I came up on the race that Jess was doing but now I can not remember the name of it! I could be wrong anyway though. Who knows! I have a terrible memory! :p :7 I know she mentioned it but who knows how many days of posts you'd have to go through to find it out! :eek: I also saw an add for a relay race and thought that could be fun. Problem is, I don't know enough people who run in order to even make a team. :-( Have a good run!

Today is my rest day. I actually don't WANT to rest as I ate like a proverbial PIG yesterday but I planned it out so that the race would be my last work out for the week. I am going to have to FORCE this rest...I can see it now. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

First and foremost- GO JESS CHEETAH GO!!!! I cannot wait to hear how you’ve done!!

Not sure what’s on the agenda for today. DD’s friend is coming over at 11:00 and I’m taking them to the Happy Hallow Zoo (it’s a very small little zoo – I don’t know why they want to go, but I think they want to volunteer there next year – my DD is the budding zoo keeper, so she wants as much experience as she can get) so going to the gym would be tight. And of course, it’s football today!!! Might hop on the bike for a bit. That would work. Heel is still tight and a little painful – not like yesterday at all, thank heavens!! DH agreed that once I get a job, I can buy an elliptical (a bit big to sneak in – figured I’d better tell him about this one!). I was thinking that I could picture him using it to watch the games, too. Carole, I’m thinking of getting the one you did because you like the quality and the space saver idea is great.

Cathy – enjoy your run! Speaking of yoga- maybe I’ll do a 40 minute iCycle, then some yoga – which would probably be really good for my heel! Thanks for the idea, even though you’re not going. :p

Carole – I think I’ll be okay on the Half, too. I might be a bit sore the next day, but as long as I go slow and steady, I should be fine. Glad to hear you agree! Actually, I’m very serious about that. I am really glad to hear you agree. I value your opinion.

Wendy – how’s SuperCheetah doing? I’m just so happy to hear the results. You did so well!

Susan – a tea party? How cool!

Waves hello to all who follow!!

Hey Sekcy Cheetahs!!!
Lil cheetah checkin in! Today at the gym is Legs and abs. No cardio today. So far I did SJP abs and KPC abs. Will do much more later too!

Cathy- have a fab run today cheetah! Hope your schoolwork goes well too. Trust me I know how you feel!

Wendy- Fantastic job on your run cheetah!!!!!! I posted in Open Discussion under the topic someone made about you Karen and Jess. So you can read it there too. Great job!!

Jess- Hope your run goes great too!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Carol- Yea I hope it isn't bad too. Its just cloudy here right now but we're supposed to haev severe t'storms later this evening. Good thing today isn't a run day for me!!

Hi to all other sekcy cheetahs!!! Love you all:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

cheetahs,

Friday night I made a mistake of working out on my elliptical with resistance and then followed it up with my bootcamp routine, so a total of 1hr and a half workout and then thought I was going to get up and run 7 miles the next morning,big mistake, I was dragging as-! I only ended up running 2.5 , my running buddy marci said for me not to push it to just go home and rest,so I did. I felt worn down all day yesterday. I will try to run later today, hopefully I will feel better. I am just worried because I have ahalf marathon on saturday and havent really ran much high mileage. I did run 9 last weekend, 5 before that and 10.5 before that but my brother and SIL where running 11 miles today. My friend didnt think I should attempt that a week before the half. I didnt know if it would be such a big deal since I havent been really training for weeks,what do you all think, back off on the mileage or go ahead and run it? Usually I would back off but that is with a 17 week training schedule. I just decided to do this one out of the blue and have not trained for it. Carole your the expert on high mileage, send me some of your power!!!!!:)

goodluck jess!!!!! Today is nice weather for a long run!!

Hey Cheetahs - I know we're runners, not cyclists, but I came across this tour and realized that it's a really good deal. If you are interested in touring some of the lovely Pacific coast and hitting a few intimate Sonoma wineries along the way, this is a good deal... http://udctours.com/winecountry.html

Now, you need a bike, but you can rent them easily around here. It just looks like fun.

Good morning Cheetahs!

My hubby and I are off to run 7.2 miles today. It is a little hilly so I hope my hams are okay during it. My eating is out of control again. I was good for about a week now I am an oinker again.

Cathy, Enjoy your run and don't work too hard today, it is Sunday!

Carole, Have fun on your 15 miler and football. I am the most ignorant person when it comes to football. I still have no idea what is going on when I see it. I am more of a baseball gal.

Wendy, Great job on your run! I am glad there is another pig here. We may have to change the name of the check-in to oinkers! Take your much deserved rest day and don't feel guilty about it. You deserve it.

Christine, Have fun at happy hollow zoo. I have never taken my girls there for some reason. We usually go to the oakland zoo or the san francisco zoo. Okay, Am I going to have to get an elliptical? I keep hearing so much about these things. how much are they? I love new toys. You are funny about sneaking things in. I do the same thing and my husband has no clue. I am glad that I am not the only sneaky cheetah}(

Adri, enjoy the gym today. Do all of your friends workout with you?

Laura, Take as much rest as your body needs. You do not want to injure yourself. It is amazing what just one or 2 days can do. I hope you feel better tomorrow and are able to run comfortably. Take care.

Hello to everyone else. Have a great day!!!

Susan

Good Sunday morning cheetahs:),

I'm popping in for a quick check-in. Today was a great day for a run outside. I did 8 miles, well actually 8.04...but who's counting right?;-). I took it nice and easy, it was great. I followed it by Cathe's Total Body Stretch and Rodney Yee's Yoga for Athletes mini sports workout. Hopefully, no DOMs tomorrow! This cheetah check-in is great, with all the marathons & races, it really pushes me! You guys keep up the great work:).

Have a great day everyone,

Katrina:)

Happy Sunday, everyone!!

I can't believe it was a week ago that I was running in Maui! Time really flies!

Today I am going to take it easy again (ok, KPC WASN'T taking it easy ;)) and just do yoga and pilates. Nothing strenuous, and boy do I need the stretching. I had lots of soreness last week after the half, and I'd like to prevent it this time around, so I'm going to remember to do the stretching (which I am not good about doing :().

Anyway, it'll be a fairly low-key Sunday for me. Later on, I'm heading over to my parents' for some BBQ. My dad got a new grill and he's excited to try it out LOL. Then my mom and I are hitting Kohls to check out the sales. BBQ and shopping--can't beat that ;).

Cathy: happy running! If the weather there is anything like it is here, it looks to be a nice day for outdoor running!

Christine: Happy Hollow Zoo! I remember going there in 5th grade :). It is pretty tiny, but it's fun for a kid.

Hey, question for you: do you know if we get to find out our bib number for RnR before hand? Or do we find out when we pick up our packets?

Carole: KPC has got to be my all-time favorite Cathe non-step cardio workout (boy that's a mouthful!)!! So technically it's not taking it easy, but I do love it so :)

Wendy: rest days are fun :). Savor them!!

Adri: your energy never ceases to amaze me. I get fatigue reading some of your workouts LOL!

Laura: ouch, sounds like you need a little recovery time!!

Susan: are you in the Bay Area too? Are you in the South Bay like Christine and me? :)

Katrina: I've always wanted to try Rodney's yoga for athletes--what's the format of that workout like? Is it one long yoga session, or a bunch of sessions? I generally look for yoga workouts that are around half an hour long so I can tack on a pilates or core workout, and I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to do that with the yoga for athletes DVD...

Jennifer

Is anyone else dyin' with anticipation over how Jess did today!?! When is she due home??? We should not have let her go w/o a lap top and reservations at a hotel that had internet hook up in the rooms!:p

I fell asleep on the floor yesterday afternoon while doing my daily meditation. I slept for 3 hours and missed my scheduled run. I'll never get to 10k level this way.:D
Off to run and I'll check in later. Happy Sunday everyone. Colleen

Hello , I'm back from my 7.2 miler and it was GREAT!!!! My legs were not sore and no hamstring problems,YAY!

Jennifer, I live in Pleasanton(east bay). Are you in San Jose like Christine? I see a cheetah Get together in the near future:)
We have a Kohls here in Pleasanton and it is one of my favorite stores. They have such good sales, have fun!

Katrina, Great Job on the 8 miler. I always feel so accomplished after that one.

Wendy, I am also thinking about Jess and wondering how she is doing.

Colleen, that is funny about falling asleep. I have done that after a run during a stretch lying down, but not before a run. Have a great run today and no sleeping}(

Susan

Susan and Jennifer - Oh, these kids are 13/14 years old... Yeah, it's tiny, but they're going for the entire day. I'm going to drop them off (figure they cannot get into too much trouble on their own there and I'm a 10 minute drive away). Oddly enough, I'm pretty confident that they will have fun.

Okay, so don't get upset with me, but I went to do a bike ride, and simply could not face it, so I went for a 5 mile run instead. My heel was tight for the first mile, but it feels much better now. We'll see how it is tomorrow. I did ice it and stretch it really well. I ran slow, but it felt sooo good to be out running.

Susan - there's a bunch of us Cheetahs who sneak things in when DH isn't looking. "Oh, that DVD? That old thing? I've had it for years..." We plan for things to arrive when DH is out of town.

Well, I'm off to drop them off, then hit the grocery store... Should be fun!

Hi Cheetahs,
A good Sunday it is so far. I ran 8 miles this a.m., felt happy & good. Did GSL floorwork before I ran & hope to follow Katrina's good example and stretch well later!

I can't hear about Jess's marathon---Go Jess!

Cathy--Have a good run today. Good luck with the school work!

Carole--I definitely noticed a little difference in my legs from two weeks of Elliptical. I felt like I was more aware of my leg turnover -- interesting! Don't know if I"m faster, but I feel like I'm running "better" so I'm going to keep using it at least 1x a week, maybe 2x.
An official welcome to your new couch! A new beginning! I hope your 15 miles (unbelievable Super Carole!) was fun!

Wendy-- have a good rest day. What will you do now that the race is over? Will you still go to your class? I am seriously considering buying Jari Love Ripped to the Core but am worried about the endless reps I read about at collage.video. Enable me Cheetah!
}(

Christine--great trial and error with the run today. It's always hard to tell when you should nurse the injury or if it will do you some good to use it a little and see. On a yoga tape I have, there is a cool foot stretch where you hold "hands" with your toes--so interlace your fingers through your toes like you're on a first date and then wiggle your fingers, not your toes and it really loosens up the foot. If I lived by you, I'd do the bike tour. It sounds great!

Adri-busy Cheetah. SJP + KPC abs-- great job. I like to combine KPC abs + the obliques only from BC. Have fun at the gym today. My Son, 8th grade, like you, is savoring his Sunday before going back to school tomorrow. He had swim practice in the a.m. with his brother, too -- and now with homework done, the day is free!

Susan--fantastic you could do your run and feel fine. You have really acclimated to running a lot of miles per week in a short time. Don't call yourself an oinker. You are hungry and searching for a balance. It's hard to find the balance between being adequately fueled and not overdoing it. Your body is a new machine now that you started running this month.

Katrina-- good job on the 8.04! the extra .04 counts. It all adds up! I had the Rodney Yee tape for awhile, but I was too impatient to do it -- though I thought it was great. I like Cathy's Basic Stretch & Stretchmax 1 -- and I'd like to get some different stretch tapes.

Jennifer--Surreal that a week ago you were saying Aloha, not good morning!
Stretching is hard to do (for me at least) because I feel like I can't sit still and do it, yet I'm always glad I did it. I was religious about it training for my half, but have gotten more lax.

Colleen-- sometimes you need the rest. It's funny how the body talks louder than the mind even when meditating!! Have a great Sunday!

Hi to everyone else coming by later!
Go Jess, Go!!
Barb

:) :) :)

>
>Jennifer, I live in Pleasanton(east bay). Are you in San Jose
>like Christine? I see a cheetah Get together in the near
>future:)
>We have a Kohls here in Pleasanton and it is one of my
>favorite stores. They have such good sales, have fun!

Yup, I'm in SJ :). I grew up in Blossom Valley (near Oakridge Mall, if you're familiar with the area), and now I live near the downtown area. I say "near" because I'm not really sure what my neighborhood is called--the official name for it is "midtown," but I never heard that term growing up. I'm basically surrounded by better-known neighborhoods: Santana Row and Rose Garden, Willow Glen, downtown, Campbell. Sometimes I say midtown, but inevitably I get asked where that is, so I just say it's near downtown LOL.

Jennifer

Christine...you are so sweet. But you know, now that you ran today and with my advice comes ice!! 3 times a day for 15-20 min to that achilles!! That would be so cool if you could get an Elliptical...:)

Adri...good ab workout!

Laura...oh my, that Elliptical workout and Bootcamp fri night would for sure wear you out for a run the next morning! I wouldn't think about a long run now with the half on Sat. Remeber, your Elliptical workouts will help with running...I think you will be fine for the half Sat..:)

Susan...I actually started watching Football at 12 with my Dad. I love the sport and have a bit of knowledge. Nothing wrong with baseball...:)..the 15 went well...and I think my DH is out buying Kettle Chips for me....another oinker...:)...good job doing the 7.2 miler!!

Katrina...good job with the 8 miler. Also very impressed with the stretching and Yoga...so good for you...:)

Jennifer...most of us runners are not great about stretching. Yoga and Pilates is good!! Have fun shopping and BBQing...

Wendy..I am anxious to see how Jess did too. The site is not speedy with the results...:(

Colleen...I agree with Barb...we do need rest sometimes and unexpectedly...I bet you will feel much better tomorrow...:)

Barb...the couch was wonderful after my run!! I think the Ellitical helps alot with turnover. Thanks for the "Super"...makes me smile...:)

I had a good 15 miler. My DH was sweet enough to ride his bike with me the first 4 miles...:)...he thinks the Elliptical is helping....Praise the Lord!!...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.