::: CHEETAHS ::: Sun., 12.24 - Christmas Eve

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs, and merry Christmas to those who celebrate!

Finally, I am back to waking up at a, well, relatively normal time. :) Be nice to sleep in for a change, but that never happens! I am going to go with weights today - I think I'll do GS upper body the next two days. It makes the most sense since I'll be skiing the rest of the week (burning off lots of cals, thankfully!) I'm excited b/c I scheduled a massage for the day after we come back. Haven't had one of those in a few months and I *know* my limbs will be screaming for one after punishment on the slopes!

Susan :: good to see you before you leave for Chicago. Glad you've got the whole clan packed and ready to go. I'm worried that my suitcase might be too heavy (I had to pack my ski boots inside--those things weigh a ton!), so I stored an emergency carry-on bag in the front flap JUST IN CASE. (Last summer, when I flew to Germany, I was just a few lbs. over the 50 lb. limit and I had to pay $100 extra!!) Have a safe flight! Hope you enjoy the time with family & take lots of pics!

Carole :: are we really all getting replacement DVDs? I didn't realize. I noticed on the open thread some time ago that some folks had problems, but since I didn't, I didn't pay much attention.

Christine :: thanks! I'll definitely miss checkin' in with my girls! Speaking of contact, I'm hoping that I get cell phone reception out there and can check emails at least. T-Mobile *STINKS* when we go to Vermont, so I'm not all that optimistic.

Well, after my aunt's tonight, my immediate family returns to my parnents' house, where we all exchange gifts as per the German tradition (to open presents on Christmas Eve). Then tomorrow it's off to the airport sometime late morning. I'm sure I'll be checking in again both days. Hopefully, some cheetahs'll be around! :)

Have great w/o's, ladies, and enjoy the festivities! BTW, yesterday was Dec. 23rd -- Festivus for the rest of us! :)
Cathy :)

It's Christmas Eve.... have all you cheetahs been good???
Sorry I missed posting for a few days:( I've been feeling pretty under the weather. My GI disturbance hung on and made me weak and miserable for a while. I worked last night and tonight and I'm finally feeling more my old self:) Yesterday was a rest day and I slept really well between work nights so that helped.

Hi Cathy--- have a great time on your ski trip! Dont overdo it too much with the upperbody workouts and save some strength for the slopes!

Today, after I get up in the afternoon I'll try out my new DVD, Jari Love's Get Ripped Slim & Lean. I've been quite curious about this one with all that I've heard.

DH got me a motorcycle for my Christmas present! It's a Suzuki DR200SE dual purpose ( can be used as a dirt bike or street bike) It's beautiful and lots of fun. I'll be posting a pic of me riding it soon!

Merry Christmas to all the beautiful cheetahs!!!

ShellyC

Hey Ladies!:) I'm just putting together my grocery list for this morning and hope to be in the store before 8:30 which might put a damper on my workout for the day. The Girls, my Mom and I are out of here at 3:00 for Christmas cheer with friends about an hour away and we'll come home late tonight. Glen got back from New Brunswick Friday and called, he had a great visit with his family and friends. I met him for coffee after work yesterday and we sat for a couple of hours which was nice he asked if I wanted to go to dinner but I had to be home for Faith so he said why don't we grab a pizza and have dinner at your house. He'd already met 2 of my Girls and Faith's chomping at the bit to meet him so what the heck! We all had a really nice time together so it looks like I got a boyfriend for Christmas:7 He's going to meet us Christmas afternoon and we'll all go see Dream Girls then come back here for fondue. I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow, it's been a fabulous year Cheetah girlfriends, we've been up and down but we've been here for each other and that IS a beautiful thing!!!:)

Cathy, you are going to have such a wonderful time skiing, I'm jealous!:) Sounds like you're an experienced and efficient packer but you'd think all the advances in technology and materials they could make a lighter ski boot!! Have fun with your family and friends Cathy and safe travels Girl!!!

Shelly, you've had a rough few days, glad your on the mend but that GI stuff just takes it out of you!!! I have Slim and Lean and use it fairly often, let us know what you think about it. Wow, DH must have been VERY good this year!!! Sounds like so much fun!!

Okay I'd better get a move on here ladies, Merry Christmas Eve ALL of you fabulous cheetahs!!!:*

Take Care
Laurie

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

Okay, I'm not awake enough yet to catch up on personals but I will return later for that.

I went to the gym at about 7:30 y'day morning to run. Well, I barely eeked out a mile and I was dying. I think it was too early for my body yet to do that so I hopped on the ellipitcal and did a tough 22 min interval work out alternating forwards and backwards movement. On the forwards I concentrated on flats w/some speed and light resistance. For the backwards I upped it to a hill, punched up the resistance and slowed it down a bit. Great work out! Short and sweet but effective-32 mins not including warm up and cool down.:)

Today I have to do BSB from PUB and some kind of cardio. If I know me I will head for the TM.}(

My poor little guy was sick y'day and still isn't 100% today I don't think.... When I got back from the gym around 8:30 Joey still wasn't up which I found to be odd. I have no idea why he didn't complain cause I went up there and the room smelled AWFUL! He had diarrehea and it made a mess!:eek: I had to wash EVERYTHING, including him. Well he had the runs all day long (sorry if TMI) so I was changing his diaper non-stop at my mom's house. We put him down for a late nap there and about an hour into it he started crying. My mom went in there to find that he had vomitted a bit. Before she grabbed him (thank goodness it was BEFORE!) he vomitted again and she said it was like he just opened his mouth and it all came spewing out with no effort! NASTY! LOL She called me up there and I bathed him while she cleaned up the mess. :-( That was the last of it out of either end but we were nervous all evening. We limited him to water to drink except for a bit of flat coke which is supposed to help settle the stomach, and he could only eat bland foods which was mostly bread and crackers y'day. We gave him a VERY plain cookie for dessert. He didn't eat much of anything but was in VERY GOOD SPIRITS playing with his cousins! We didn't leave her house until 9 at night and he never got cranky! We were amazed! Mind you, he had been up since probably atleast 8am and only got an hour's nap if that! When I went up to his room this morning it appears he had vomitted just a little bit because there was some (dried up) on his shirt and his bed sheet but that's it. I am still going to go easy on his food and drink today just to be sure. We have DH's family Christmas eve celebration tonight though and it will be hard to control his food there because he will spend soooo much time with everyone but us! LOL

Then I got scared cause in the middle of the night I woke up with a stomach ache and I felt nauseaus! I know there's been a bug goin' around and that's probably what Joey had but I don't want it!!!! I took some medicine and ended up being fine, thank goodness!

Sorry for the book!:p

Hi Wendy- Awww your poor little Joey:( Believe me I can sympathize!!! I hope your little guy is better for you today, little ones do tend to get better pretty quick. Great elliptical workout for you yesterday, congrats on your perserverence.

Laurie- WOW.... sounds like you're having a very special holiday.
Couldn't happen to a better cheetah!!!! I figured Glen would come to his senses;-) Have a great day!

ShellyC

Shelly :: sorry to hear about the GI issues…ugh, not fun! I’m glad you feel rested and getting back to form again…Have fun with S&L *and* with your new cycle—exciting!!! Can’t wait to see the pics!

Laurie :: that is GREAT news about Glen!!…you’re jealous of me skiing, but I’m jealous of you having scored a boyfriend for Christmas…lol! Maybe I’ll collide with a hottie on the slopes. }( Thank you for the well wishes…I’ll have to post a pic or two when I get back. I haven't broken in my new camera much so far.

Wendy :: sorry to hear Joey’s under the weather…I cracked up about the line: “that was the last of it from either end.” Poor thing. Hope he’s feeling up-to-snuff for tonight!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...that is great you scheduled a massage for when you get back. It'll be so nice! Yes, there was a thread about everyone getting replacements and and envelope to mail back in the "defective" DVD's. Your gift exchange sounds fun. we have always opened one present X-mas eve and then the rest X-mas morning.

Shelly...so sorry you have been feeling yukky. Awesome gift for you though!!!! can't wait to see pics. Have fun with Jari....S&L is a good workout.

Laurie...that is sweet Glen has come around. I am glad you have a boyfriend for X-Mas...:). I need to run to the store this morning too...have a great X-mas eve!

Wendy...you did a good workout yesterday despite not really feeling like it. Wow...poor Joey. Quite a descriptive story there!!..LOL..:)...I do hope he is feeling better today and am glad you didn't get it...

I am doing just a 5 mile run today, I will run long tomorrow as I just felt too tired last night for a long run today. Then off to the grocery store, to get ingredients for my cookies and then the Corn and Green Chile Enchiladas I am trying for dinner at my sisters.

Have a great day cheetahs

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/gifts2.gif[/img]

Happy Christmas Eve to all who celebrate!

Cooking and baking cheetah checking in! I have a tomato bisque on the stove and cookies in the oven for tonight's party. Not sure what workout I’m going to do today – some kind of cardio but that’s all I know.

Cathy – I think you would like Vegan Planet, too. It’s really more about adding a variety of veggies into your diet, than eliminating meat. And the recipes are delish. You’d never believe vegetarian could be sooo good. Have fun!! We’re going to miss you!!! Merry Christmas Cathy!

Susan – glad you got you got the check in before take off! I’ll be thinking of you! Have a good trip, and enjoy yourself! We’re going to miss you as well!!! Merry Christmas!

Shelly – Oh, heck no, I have NOT been good!! }( I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better! That’s a nasty virus!! Congrats on the Motorcycle! What a great present. Those Suzuki’s are really the bomb around here with the mountains. You’re going to have so much fun!!! Cannot wait to see the Cheetah Biker Momma! Merry Christmas to you, too, Shelly! You’re an angel for working tonight!

Laurie – You are making me cry! Yes, we have had our ups and downs, but through thick and thin, we’ve been there for each other! What a fabulous group!!! I’m happy you had a great time with Glen. Kudos to his sister for the swift kick in the butt! Aren’t you glad your radar was not as off as you had thought? Have fun tomorrow!! And Merry Christmas to you and the girls!

Wendy – I hope Joey is feeling better soon! Poor little thing! Poor mom, too! And no it’s not TMI for me. Remember I just got back from my sister’s and the topic always seemed to revolve around poop. Glad to hear you’re feeling fine. Have fun tonight! And Merry Christmas Wendy!

Carole – I love your emoticons! They are adorable! Oooh, Corn and Green Chili Enchiladas? Sounds divine! Have fun at your sisters and enjoy your run! Merry Christmas Super Cheetah!

Ended up doing PowerStrike 1 and used my step weights (they're something like 1.5 pounds each). Felt really good. I'm making the party tonight casual, so I don't need to worry about putting on a sari. It's usually formal, but you know, I've been running around so much that I just want to enjoy the party, and it's hard to enjoy a party when you're constantly worried about whether or not your sari is going to fall off. :+

Well, off to take a shower and hit the store AGAIN with all of the things we forgot yesterday. We should start a poll - how many trips to the store do you think it will take before I'm done... :p

Hi Cheetahs and Merry Christmas Eve!

I managed a 6 mile run this morning and now I have some baking to do with DD.

Wendy, Wow! What a story. I feel bad for Joey but found myself laughing at the details of his illness that you shared. You are too funny! I hope the little guy is feeling better and also that neither you nor your DH comes down with whatever it is.

Cathy, Have a fantastic skiing trip and be sure to take lots of pictures to share! I agree that you would benefit from the Vegan Planet cookbook. I am not vegetarian although I don't eat alot of meat. I think you really could add meat to any of the recipes I've looked at. And they are all very healthy and clean.

Carole, Tomorrow ought to be a great day for a run since there will be very little traffic. I sort of wish I could join you but I think my kids would miss me if I skipped out while they were opening and playing with their new stuff! Your enchilladas sound delicious. Is this the first time you will be making them?

Laurie, Sounds like Glen just got a little scared in the beginning. Must be that he realized what a gem you are and so couldn't possibly pass that by. You are right, it has been an up and down year and all of the cheetahs are awesome. Hey, I've got another quote for you passed on by a woman who's husband died earlier this year. I think it's lovely: ...."Those whom we love and lose are no longer where they were before. They are now wherever we are." Tomorrow, Christmas, will mark two months since my brother died and I am determined to have a joyous day as I remember him and take pleasure in my children's excitement.

Christine, So is it easy for a sari to fall off? I constantly make trips to the grocery store too. I hope it's not too crowded today so that you are able to get in and out. How many people are you cooking for tonight?

Shelly, I've been wondering about you and if you've been sick or just too busy to check in. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. You sound excited about your new motorcycle. I love how you are so varied in your physical abilities! Have you been able to keep your mileage up? RnR is right around the corner!!!

Well, Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful ladies! This includes Susan, Jess, Linda, Mattea, Sunny, LD, Judy..... I truly appreciate and love you all and look forward to sharing a part of every day with you next year!

Hey Ladies!

I found myself doing a completely different work out then what I had planned for this morning...odd as I NEVER change my mind!:p

I did 20 mins of Core Synergistics-TOUGH STUFF!}(
I also did 20 mins of Plyo X (w/o warm up)-WOW! What an intense work out! Rivals the Imaxes in my book!:eek:

What I actually had planned was PUB BSB, a run and ab work! I just wasn't into working out this morning and by the time I felt like it, lifting and running were not a the top of my list. :-(

I tweeked next week's work outs to account for today's sudden change so all will work out just fine. ;)

Okay ladies...so I went a little overboard on the description of Joey's "issues" y'day...TMI I guess. Sorry!:p I guess now that I'm a mother I just don't get skeeved as easily as I used to so I expect that no one else will either!:7 :7 :7 He's still not all better but it's MUCH fewer and farther between with the episodes. I just hope he's not too bad so that we can still take him to the party tonight! I'd hate for him to miss it!

Before I forget!!! We celebrated Christmas with my mom and sister y'day since I won't see either of them today or tomorrow. I got a pull up bar from my mom!!! I am so excited! I am going to have DH put it together this week! P90X here I come!!!!}( }( }(

I'll be back for personals!:)

Hey Cheetahs~ :)
I just finished Power Hour but UB and abs only. (Guess it was more like Power HALF Hour but still a good burn.) Tomorrow I may opt for PUB…depends on how things roll. I have to leave for the airport around 11:30.

Carole :: the enchiladas do sound good…I am going to pick up a copy of Vegan Planet after the holidays…A couple of my students gave me bookstore gift cards…I plan to buy some new titles for the classroom but think I’ll sneak in that one for myself. Hope you had a good run.

Christine :: I find myself snorting through so many of your posts – you crack me up w/ worrying about the sari falling off and all the trips to the store…:) I think I would definitely benefit from the vegan cookbook as I’m sure I do not get nearly enough vegetables in daily. All of the recipes mentioned here sound terrific…I look forward to picking it up.

Laurie :: so wait – Glen’s sister gave him a swift kick to the rump? I think I missed that story somehow. I wanted to add, too, that I feel the same about our cheetah group. I never thought I’d find friends online – doesn’t it SOUND geeky? – but I’m so glad & grateful that I came across such a wonderful & strong group of women!

Elaine :: What a beautiful & moving quote – thank you for sharing it. I didn’t realize tomorrow would be the two-month anniversary of your brother’s passing. (((HUGS)))…you will be in my thoughts…stay strong, cheetah!

OK, off to shower & get ready for the family shindig, where I'll do my best to put the FUN in dysfunctional...ha ha!

Talk with you all later or tomorrow morning--
Cathy :)

Hi everyone! My...what a whirlwind the past few days have been!! Sounds like it has been for all of us! I have managed to keep up with my workouts, believe it or not.

Elaine - Oh my....I loved that quote about our loved ones that we have lost. I will definitely keep that in my mind, too. This is really going to be a tough Christmas for a lot of us.

Carole - Your enchiladas so sound wonderful! I got your card! It was so nice and the picture of you and your DH was beautiful! Thank you! I have just loved receiving the Christmas cards from everyone!

Christine - LOL....I agree, it wouldn't be very relaxing worrying about your Sari falling off ;-) I am sure your party will be wonderful! The food sounds yummy too!! Gosh...just think of the awesome food we would have if we all got together and brought all of this food we are all making!:9

Cathy - Have a wonderful time on your ski trip and have a safe trip! I agree with your idea on the GS uppers til you ski!

Wendy - Awwww! Poor little guy! I hope he is feeling much better and able to enjoy Christmas! HOpe you don't get sick! Take care of you guys!

Shelly - Wow! What a nice present! Be sure and post a pic of you on it! Glad you are feeling better! Will you have to work Christmas and Christmas Eve? Hope not! Hope you can recoup a little more!

Laurie - Yay! I am glad Glen seems to have straightened up! That sounds like fun! I truly hope you guys have a wonderful time! Oh my, you are so right about it being an "up and down" year ! Some wonderful and some absolutely heart wrenching. I do love what Elaine quoted her friend as quoting.

Let's see.....I think this is where I left off with posting my workouts for the week....

Friday I ran 7 miles and did floorwork.
Saturday - Ran 6 miles and did NYC (Kelly Coffey)
Sunday - Ran outside 6 miles

Merry Christmas and Christmas Eve to ALL of you guys! Hoping and praying everyone has a wonderful, happy, safe holiday! Thanks for being there!

Linda

Cathy: Have fun on the slopes! Who are you going with? Nice! A massage after a few days of skiing sounds wonderful! I have no idea what skiing is like as I've never been but I can only imagine it's one heck of a work out...so long as you don't stay on the bunny slopes all day!:p Have a great time tonight and a safe trip!:+

Shelly: I'm dying to hear what you thought of Slim and Lean! You are one tough cheetah! I hope you went heavy enough! If you did, you should have felt that BURN!}( }( }( Congrats on the bike! That is such as AWESOME present!!!! Can't wait to see the pic!:+

Laurie: I'm so glad things are going well for you and Greg. That's great. He sounds like a very cool guy. I hope it gets even better!:)

Carole: No rest for a super Cheetah, ey? Working out Christmas Day even! WOW! Good for you!}( I would but I just know I won't have time. :-( That's why I didn't take a rest day when I normally would have this week. I didn't want to take more than one in a week especially when I've been eating like an OINKER!:p Oh, I got your card the other day! Thank you!:)

Christine: Have fun at the party tonight! Glad you are able to stay casual with this one. It's so cool to hear you talk about getting dressed in a sari. My best friend is from Pakistan and wears them to alot of formal functions w/her family. Enjoy the freedom of not having one on!:7

Elaine: Enjoy baking with DD today. Good run today! Glad you enjoyed reading about all of the gross stuff Joey was doing y'day. You must not have been eating while you were reading it!;) :p :7

Hello to the rest of the cheetahs! Have a Merry Christmas!!!!:)

Linda & Wendy :: we posted at about the same time, so I just wanted to say hi to both of you.

Wendy :: good workout! You have really been on fire lately, girl! And now you have a new piece of equipment to torture yourself with. Have fun w/ it! BTW, I guess I still have an excuse to be skeeved by throw-up stories since I'm not a mom. (Please, I could never even clean up the CAT'S puke without dry heaving! UGH!) *lol*...Actually, your story wasn't TOO bad...It seems like whenever I visit my fam in Germany, there's always an outbreak of diarrhea and it's all anyone can talk about!

Linda :: thank you! Great job keeping up with your workouts!!

Wendy ~ I am going with three friends...it's sort of our little ski troupe. One of my friends has a time share out there. I just started last year, so I'm still learning and by no means am I advanced AT ALL, but I really like it a lot. I stick to greens (beginners) and blues (intermediate), but I think even those will be more challenging out west, I'm told. So it'll be a workout, for sure. If I recall correctly, I think it burns at least 1,000 calories per day.

Christine...I made some cookies too! The enchiladas are next, I found the recipe online. The emoticons are fun..:)...more shopping...I wish you luck!!! Merry X-mas to you and your family too!

Elaine...as much as you know I would love to run with you....there is no way possible I'd pull you away from your kids at X-mas!!! I'll be running by a popular trail by the Sac river. Quite a beautiful and true quote. Thanks for sharing that....you will be in my thoughts this X-mas. I hope you and your family have a good one...:)

Wendy...I never thought you were going overboard, in fact I was cracking up...no "sorry" required...:) How awesome you got a pull-up bar, you are so ready for P90X. Nope, no rest for me as my eating has been awful too. I'd need to run like 50 miles tomorrow to burn off all this stuff!!!

Cathy...we will be trying for the same "fun" tonight I think...:)....I just have one sister to try and avoid...:) Good job on Power Hour upper and abs! I think I have a smiley for you http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/ski10.gif[/img]

Linda...that is great you have been keeping up with your workouts! Glad you liked the card. Thank you for the nice compliment.

The 5 mile run was good. My running friend joined me. I just feel funny not running farther...I will enjoy a long run tomorrow though.

Have a very nice Christmas Eve cheetahs

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/hld/gifts11.gif[/img]

Hey All!

Taking a break from putting everything together! Wow, and I thought with having dinner catered this would be an easy party! Oh well, it’s keeping me busy. I’m just going to pass out at 9PM! :+ Oh, and I honestly think I set a record here. I went to the store ONCE, and I don’t think I have to go again. WOW!!! Of course, I saw a shoe store, and picked up a pair of shoes for tonight, and slippers for all the girls... *sighs*

Elaine - love to you too!! It’s actually not that easy for a sari to fall off as I have pins in every conceivable place in order to keep it on! I just trip over it, and the part that hangs gets in the way. I do feel very pretty in a sari - wrapped head to toe in silk! I think there will be about 30 people. Give or take 5. Friends invite friends and that’s just peachy with us.

Wendy - you’re too funny girl!! Must go with the name - the inability to make up your mind. My sister is the same way. :p CS is tough! As is PlyoX. Tony doesn’t really have warm ups. So, plan for that. No worries about Joey. You know we love to hear about your life, even the not so lovely parts. It’s all life. It’s cool! You know, I’m thinking I may start a P90X rotation in January, too. Maybe we can do it together!

Cathy - glad I can make you snort! Have fun skiing! And yes, the slopes out west are more challenging, so don’t be surprised if a blue ends up being fairly nerve racking! You’ve never been to CO? You’ll love it! If you have and know this already, forgive a mom her blathering… It’s cold, but it’s a dry cold, so you don’t get that bone chilling damp that you get out east (and in the Sierras!). Snow doesn’t melt, it evaporates. Make sure you drink PLENTY of WATER! (The tap water there is better than the bottled water!) In the Sierra’s we call water Tahoe Champagne. And don’t be alarmed if you develop a light cough - the altitude and dry air does it. You may also get a slight headache from the altitude. I know Vail is at 8,000 feet. I think Breckenridge is close to that (it’s not fair from Vail). Be careful drinking alcohol- it goes right to the ole noggin’ at altitude. And know that when you start to breath heavy, it’s not that you’re out of shape or have been eating too much. The altitude does that. You might find sleeping a bit tougher too because of that. A good friend of mine lives in Vail and I visit her often. I just simply adore Colorado and would move there in a heartbeat if it weren’t for DH and the kids!

LD - I think that’s a great idea! We should all get together and each make a dish. We’d have healthy fabulous treats! YUM!! Sounds like you’ve been getting in some great workout! Merry Merry Christmas!

Carole - you’re going to have to send me the link to that recipe. It sounds really good! And I’m with you - after today and tomorrow a 50 mile run is on the agenda! I think I’ll start P90X Jan 1st. That should help! Enjoy your long run!

I guess I should go make the bruschetta (I just chop the veggies and put them in a bowl with a spoon and my guests can load up bread or whatever they want with it - that way I can make it ahead of time!). Happy Christmas Eve to my fellow Cheetahs!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.