::: Cheetahs ::: Sun., 12/10

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

Holy hell, it is not even 5 am yet on a Sunday, and I’m awake! What’s wrong with this picture?!! (I woke up from some bizarre dreams, thought about all that I need to get done today, and then couldn’t go back to sleep!)

Anywho, to catch up with last night’s posts…

Christine :: I hope you’re not hung over again today! :) Did your friend’s new woman get the stamp of approval? Today I vow not to be a sloth!

Laurie :: I was just in the very same spot that you’re in -- feeling rejected and wounded – but I came to the conclusion that the issue was not really with me but with HIM. It sounds so much to me like what’s happened with Glen. He’s let his own stupid hangups get in the way of something that could have potentially been good for both of you. I think you’re right not to call…but since you will most likely run into him again at the chiro office, perhaps there is still a chance for him to straighten himself out…if not, he is a fool!! Jay Peak was one of our planned trips for March, but it fell through. Okemo is farther south – I’d guess about 2 hours south of JP, but I’m not positive as I’ve never been to JP before. I like Okemo because it has tons of trails for beginner, intermediate, and expert skiers, and they all intersect. And the town is pretty cute.
You definitely could’ve twisted my arm for the beers & tequila last night!

Jess :: I usually try to go back & read what I missed from the day before, so yes, I caught your late post! Glad you found your tree ~ sounds like you are just about set for Christmas. Have fun with MM and your singing group today.

I am going to fine-tune my lesson plans (finished but in need of a small tweak or two), prepare my pre-observation survey (paperwork that needs to be filled out prior to the observation), and knock out my two remaining papers for grad school. They shouldn’t be too tough. By then, it should be light, so I’ll get in an AM run, and if I’m feeling energized, I might do some weights after. And THEN – there is no getting around it – I *must* deal with that stack of essays!!! Alright, I think I just provided way too much detail…lol… I sound like my 87-year-old Aunt Erika who gives you the entire play-by-play itinerary of her day – and sometimes even for the entire week ahead. lol

Have a great Sunday, everyone...I'm sure I'll be back to catch up with the rest of you.

-Cathy

Good Sunday Morning Cheetahs!

And I thought I was nuts, Cathy, for getting up at 6:30am on a Sunday! Apparently I am pretty sane compared to YOU!:p :7 :7 :7

Cathy, I hope you get everything done today! You certainly have alot on your plate. I am convinced that you must work better under pressure. I know I do. I often put things off to the last minute as it's the only time I find I have the drive to do them!

I had an okay time at the party last night. We sat at a table with this one guy who talked INCESSENTLY and it was starting to wear on my nerves. It took him 2 friggin' hours to eat his dinner cause he wouldn't take a break from talking to eat and he was drinking on top of it so he was repeating himself, etc towards the end. Nice guy but he annoyed me after a while...:-( The rest of the folks that sat with us were great! This one couple has a 4 month old son name Joseph...I love the name!!! ;)

Well, my plan is to get out to the gym pretty early to run on the TM. I could go outside but I'm thinkin' it will be pretty chillsome and I don't know if I want to deal today. I know, I'm a wimp! Deal with it, Cheetahs!:p :7 :7 :7 ;)

Okay, I'll stop babbling now...I'm off to drink my coffee and try to wake up some but I'll be back later!

:*

cathy I'm right there with ya!I woke up at 6:30 this morning. I was thinking I was going to sleep in today. I was however very tired lastnight and it didnt take me long to fall asleep after getting home from shopping. I got my daughter done,my SIL done,and my niece. I still have my other niece and nephew yet to buy for.But I am almost done.

I am p;lanning to run with my friend today,hopefully it wont be too cold. I hope I wont hold her back today. I am noticing with my runs that I feel like my endurance is suffering these days, or my breathing anyway. I feel stronger during my runs because of the bootcamp class but I am wondering if the shorter High intensity cardios are hurting my running performance as far as sustaining a run for 3-6miles without bonking. I definately feel like my body is stronger during my runs but I seem to get more winded trying to run the miles. maybe I am pushing harder , I didnt take my garmin the last few times,so I dont know how fast I was going. anyway, I miss my runs and have to find a way to fit them back in.plus since I have been eating more and less running I have gained a few pds. thats one thing I notice, when I back off of running I usually gain wt. I dont need that. I feel as being an instructor I need to look the part,so I will now feel like I have more pressure to look good and not gain. by the way anybody else have problems with thick thighs? I cant thin them out no matter what I do.
chat with ya all later, have a nice day!

Hey Laura.

Ya know I have always had kind of "thick" legs. I tried the freestyle approach to lower body weights and it was working pretty well but I got tired of doing legs everyday. I now find that running is keeping my legs from gaining back the bulk I lost doing freestyle and I have sworn off heavy lifting for the lower body forever. These are the things that worked for me. :)

hello ladies,

cathy- whoa, what a busy, busy day you have planned. i hope you are able to get everything done and still have time for your workout. i sometimes wake extra early for no reason and it bugs me when i do that. BTW- i am 36 years old!

wendy- another early bird this morning. enjoy your morning child-free today. i got up at 7:30 while everyone was still sleeping to get a little alone time, wellllll as soon as i got downstairs here comes oldest ds and he's talking his head off:D :7

laura- i also have the thick thighs issue:( . the only thing that helps my thighs look the way i want them to, is lifting heavy and running to lean them out. the lifting part gives them that really toned look. unfortunately they aren't looking anywhere near what i want them to right nowx(

i didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, didn't workout and was just too busy. we went to kohls and spent alot of money. haven't done that in a long time. it was so much fun! then i took oldest ds to see monsters inc. on ice and afterwards we went out to dinner. had a really fun day!!

today i am going to try yoga. in the past i found yoga just too boring but i really want to reap the benefits of yoga so i am giving it another try. i just bought the firm's power yoga. it's a 30 min. yoga/stretch workout. has anyone tried this one?

have a great day ladies, of course today will be another busy one:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think I have had that same dream thing wake me up before...bizarre! Making me laugh as you plan your day and let us know, comparing yourself to your Aunt...:). I hope you have a great run and fun with some weights. Thanks for last nights post, today is much better...:)

Wendy...I can see how that would be frustrating if that guy wouldn't shut up! Those kind of people drive me nuts...my oldest sister is like that sad to say...:(...I am used to walking away as she speaks!...:)..Have a good TM run.

Laura..I have had thick thighs all my life...I think its genetic. About the only thing that thins them out is heavy lifting, but it gets even harder as I age...like Wendy, Freestyle worked somewhat for me also. Light weight, high reps.

Sunny...no, I have not tried that Yoga, but I do enjoy Baron Baptiste and Bryan Kest (Mr YP!)

Christine....thanks...:)...I hope you avoided the wine last night, wine can always get to me fast. Those sneaky bartenders can be a problem! So how did the lady check out?

Laurie...thank you for sharing that story about your Dad. I bet it does make you feel like and orphan. I know my friend has a huge family support system surrounding her. I think that is important. Today already feels much better....:)
I can understand your rejected feelings. I do believe most things happen for a reason, although we might not like it!

We got a cute little X-Mas tree last night so today is decorating and watching FB day for me!! I do love the smell of a tree in my house.

Thanks Cathy and Shelly for your cards!!! I hope to get mine out tomorrow...:)

I'll be doing a 12-14 mile run most likely in a bit of rain today.

Have a great day...:)

Hey Ladies:) I need to do mostly weights this morning but because of my undisciplined eating this week also need to do some kick @$$ cardio. I think I'll do the cardio only premixes from DM and BC and then do a BodyPump workout. I've bailed on my stretches a lot this week but don't see fitting in any yoga today (maybe tomorrow). I HAVE to decorate today, most of my Christmas stuff is buried in the garage, maybe that will be my 'flexible strength' workout, trying to reach all of those buried boxes!!

Aunt Erika, oops, I mean Cathy,:+ I hope you itinerary is unfolding as written!:7 I'm really starting to think that we need to get together and bend our ears and elbows to figure some of this cr@p out:D Focussing on work and other things helps but I'm annoyed with myself for how much this keeps turning around in my head! So how's your hair today? I always reserve my opinion on a new do until I do it myself.

Wendy, I feel for you, I think I've sat with that guy at a party before;-) Sounds like you made the best of it. Enjoy your gym time.

Laura, hope your run is a good one. I know you'll get some great advise here about getting winded when running.

Sunny, I haven't tried that yoga DVD but it sounds like it may be a better fit for you, shorter and more intense. I have been doing yoga for about 8 years now and although I didn't love my first class I kept going and trying different teachers. Yoga doesn't need to be boring, quite the opposite, I find it the best way to keep in tune with my body and a wonderful opportunity to quiet the mind and focus inward. Works for me :)

Okay, I need to SWEAT!!

Take Care
Laurie

ETA, Hi Carole!! Glad that today's a better day for you. I agree that things happen for a reason, I just have a bratty streak in me that wants to MAKE things happen! Sounds like a wonderful Sunday, running, decorating and FBing:) Enjoy!

Hola cheetahs~
I’m back from a 6-mile run…35 degrees but no wind, so not too bad at all…it's crisp out there but beautiful & sunny. Good run. Had to take a quick shower to ward off the shivers, so I think I’ll move onto grading momentarily and then plug in the weights this afternoon. This week it will be back to being a hardcore cheetah!

Wendy :: I do work fairly well under pressure…I’ve gotten better but this was typical of me when I was an undergrad…I’d wait til the 11th hour…and amazingly, produce some of my best writing that way. Ugh on the nonstop talker…I like Carole’s strategy…walk away!

Laura :: yes, I do have thick thighs…thanks for asking that question b/c I’ve been very interested in reading what’s worked for others. How many runs are you managing to squeeze in per week?

Sunny :: good to see ya today! Sounds like an enjoyable day yesterday. I don’t have the yoga DVD you mentioned…I have used tapes/DVDs in the past but find that nothing really compares with a live class. If you can squeeze it into your schedule & budget somehow, I’d recommend it. The one-on-one instruction is truly invaluable…And then you really get more out of your home practice (with or without a DVD) as well.

Carole :: I’m glad some of the funk is lifting…hope you have a great run in the rain & enjoy a day of football…I’m with you on the smell of a tree…mmm!

Laurie :: Have fun decorating today! I hear you on the time spent analyzing. We need a good diversion…I’d say that’s where Senor Don Julio steps in. :) Well, I didn’t wash my hair as I plan to do another workout later, so it makes no sense…I didn’t have anything new done – just a trim. Of course, it *never* looks as good when I blow it out as it does when my hairstylist does it…Have a great workout.

I’m off to deal with the essays. My goal is to finish two classes today instead of trying to be superwoman and do all four.

Will be back when I need a break!

Cathy :)

Here's another early bird cheetah! I got up at 6 am and, just like Cathy, have vowed to make this a productive day. I still have Christmas ornaments and decorations all over my living room and have learned the lessons of procrastination. My DD broke one of my favorite and most expensive ornaments last night when trying to "help" with tree decorating while I was on the phone.:-( She was upset and then even more upset when I got upset and then DH came back from the store and was upset and then DD got more upset again!;( I think that DH and I were also stressed by the fact that we forgot to put the dog outside before we left for about 5 hours to go to a b'day party and he had diahrea on the carpet by the front door!x( x(
It was one of those nights for sure! DH rented a carpet cleaner and thankfully there is no bad smell this morning. I hope that it does not begin smelling down the road! I tell you it was just gross. And that was one of those situations where I was thanking the good Lord that I am married becasue DH cleaned it up. I would have puked for sure but he just uttered a few profanities and got it done!

I hope to lift weights and get on my elliptical today. That's about as detailed as my workout plan is for now.

Now for some personals!

Jess, I also check the previous days thread to see if I missed anyone so you did not go unoticed here! You are one busy woman and it just tires me out reading all of the stuff you get done in one day!

Wendy, Funny! I went to a b'day party yesterday and saw a woman there that I have not seen in about 5 years. I like her but, my goodness, that woman can talk! She likes to fill in her stories with every freaking detail possible. I found myself looking at her while she talked yet thinking of other things or having my ear tuned to other stuff going on around us!. LOL! I love the name Joseph too! My DS is Jeffrey and it was going to be either one of those two names that he was going to get.

Laura, When I am increasing my running distance I slow down the pace *quite* a bit and am then able to go farther. Maybe it would help if you did slow down some. Once you get your endurance back then it will be easier to run faster longer. Yeah, I consider my thighs kinda thick. It's just the way I am built though, so what am I gonna do?

Sunny, I can handle yoga as long as it's not a real long workout. Your 30 minute DVD sounds good to me! Be sure to post how you did/did not like it.

Carole, I need to get my cards done and mailed too! I've gotten three from cheetahs so far and DH keeps asking me who do you know in AZ, who is this Ved guy, you know someone in NJ???? He's perplexed because he knows I have you cheetah friends but I don't think he understands it. I think it's because we're women.:7 Have a fun rainy run, decorating and football watching.:)

Laurie, Your day sounds similar to mine right down to the need to sweat because of undisciplined eating! Have fun and I'll think of you as I workout and try to finish decorating!

Cathy, It was about 35 degrees at the start of the marathon I ran last week and in the 40s when I got done. I think that is about as cold as I can stand it. Good luck with getting your stuff done.

Talk to you all later!

I managed to run 7 miles today girls!!YIPEE!!! I havent ran that far in quite awhile and felt that great doing it. Maybe it was the slimfast shake I drank for breakfast. As soon as a say one thing I go out and do good contradicting what I just said.MMM... thats weird. but it felt great doing it today. My friend said, your smoking today. we ended up running the 7 miles at a 9:46 pace not too fast but not too slow either. I need to burn the extra calories. nothing burns them for me like running. like I said, when I back off of running the pds start creeping up and when I increase the runs they come off which is what I want. off to shower, talk with ya later!!

OMG!!! Now that was a cardio BLAST, BC and DM cardio together! If I do this again I'll definitely strap on the HRM because it was UP THERE!! I changed the rest of my plan and did the DM u/b premix then the u/b mix from Amy Bento's 'All Pump Xtreme'. I've got a lovely burn in my arms}( I want to post a picture of my new hair but darned if I can make it look cutex( I'm so vain, someday I'll overcome it;-)

Cathy, okay you've stumped this chump who the heck is Senor Don Julio??? I'm glad you had a good run, no wind and some sun makes all the difference!

Elaine, wow, that was a rough day for you yesterday. I'm like you and would really have a hard time cleaning up after the dog. It was bad enough for me cleaning up after Faith when she got sick this weekx( I definitely got a good sweat going this morning. Now I have to follow through with the decorating. Most days it's all I can do to keep up with the laundry and dishes.

Laura, awesome job on the smoking run!!! Sounds like the Slimfast was good fuel for you! When I was running in the summer I really thought I'd drop some pounds but running wreaks havoc on my already hearty appetite. One of these days I'll get more disciplined but until then I'll keep working out long and HARD!!}(

Later Ladies :)

Take Care
Laurie

Well, I blew off the gym this morning in favor of finishing up Christmas shopping for my DH. I'm glad I did cause now it's done and I don't have to worry. I was having such heartache over what else to buy the poor guy! :-(

I was actually thinking of canning my work out all together after that. I just didn't feel like doing anything. Well, I guilted myself out the door to the gym and on to the treadmill and I am glad that I did cause I ended up running 3 miles in 29.43 minutes which is a new PR for me!:+ I then walked it out-basically a cool down-for 5 mins cause I was really tired and then decided what the heck and punched the incline up to 2% and ran an additional mile at a nice easy pace just for fun. ;) }(

I need to hit the showers now. I hope to be back later for more personals!:)

Laurie...I have that same bratty streak!!! Sounds like a great workout for you today. I am a bit vain myself and won't put any REAL bad photos on Picturetrail!

Cathy...sounds like great weather to run in!! I should come over...:)...yes, this particular funk does not last long. Good luck with the essays...:)

Elaine...don't ya just hate those doggie accidents...:(..I'd take your DH though as my DH would just kinda act like he didn't see or smell it! Sorry about the ornament. I am sure my DH does not understand the cheetah connection either....but you know what..I like it and that is what counts!!

Laura...good job on the 7 miles! Could very well have been the slimfast..:)

Wendy...LOVE JOEY'S PIC!!!!! He looks adorable in the Santa hat! Good day for you....getting DH's gifts and a PR on the treadmill! You rock cheetah!!

I did about 12.3 miles in rain off and on. I would have added more but it started to pour around 10 miles and I just wanted to come home and get warm!!!

Watching FB and thinking about decorating!

OK, cheetahs…one class is done..whew!…I’m aiming to get one more done today, another tomorrow, and then I’ll ask my co-teacher to split up the class we share.

Elaine :: sorry to hear about the ornament…:-( That’s a bummer…we do get attached to certain things…but in the end, it helps to remember it’s just *STUFF* that we can’t take with us, right? I cracked up about DH uttering some profanities and then disposing of the mess…I never could handle cat puke myself without dry-heaving, so I feel your pain!

Laura :: great job on the run! That’s some pace you had there, miss. :) WTG. I feel a little pudge creepin’ on myself…I need to kick up the cardio this week, for sure.

Laurie :: sounds like a helluva workout…I had trouble following exactly what it was you did, but it sounded painful! Don Julio is my preferred tequila…the only man who doesn’t let me down…ha!

Wendy :: glad you finished your shopping for DH…what’dja wind up getting him? Congrats on the PR…What a comeback from your illness! Rock on!!

Carole :: I never thought one of you California girls would want to come to Jersey for our weather…ha! It was pretty decent, but I’ll tell ya, I’d be lost without Under Armour. The stuff’s amazing. Something in your comment to Elaine intrigued me…do your hubbies find the cheetah connection odd?

OK, time for a quick snack, a stretch, and then back to the grind.

Cathy..I am just thinking running without rain would be nice!! But I think visiting you would be fun. I don't think DH thinks it is real odd....but when Christine put Super Cheetah in her card to me, he wanted to know what that meant. On the flip side, he always knows when something happens I tell you cheetahs so he will say "Did you tell your online friends?"...I am sure it is fine with him seriously...:)

I'm back...Cheetahs have been light on posts today, huh?...guess folks are busy. I just finished S&H tri's & bi's...annoying music but a nice change.

Carole :: Was just wondering :) I guess it *does* sound sort of unusual to have a group of "online friends." *lol*

Mattea hasn't been in, but she recently mentioned something called a Veinmaker. Anybody else familiar with this? I assumed it would give you veins in the forearms...Would love to know what exercises to do for that...reverse curls? Also, for those who said you leaned out your thighs with heavy weights, was that primarily through barbell squats and lunges? How heavy did you go? Lots of questions, I know! TIA for any suggestions.

Well, I am going to organize my bag for school tomorrow and scare up some grub. I may be back.

-Cathy :)

Hello cheetahs,

I posted earlier and was so proud of myself for doing all of the personals and went to click post and it was GONE!!!!! I was so incredible annoyed. I don't know how that happens. Anyway, I am over it and ready to chat.

We just got back from,yes, more shopping. I am finally done with all the big presents and just have a few presents to get for teachers and a few of my kids friends. Target was crazy today.
I am ready now to continue my baking for my cookie party this week and I have to workout still. I am going to Muscle Max. I am hoping this will be okay for my sciatica.

I go to my physical therapist tomorrow. I have never been to one and not sure what to expect. I am just glad that I am moving forward with treatment. The sciatica feels less intense and I now have good days along with the bad days. I tell ya getting rid of the high impact has really helped. I MISS my cathe workouts though. Oh well, this is my own doing for not listening to my body, so I have to suck it up.

Now for some personals. I swear I will not lose them this time.

Cathy, Great workout and it sounds like you are making great progress on your essays. Keep it up! What is your snack? Hopefully something yummy like double stuffed oreos}(

Wendy, great job on your treamdill run! I too have thick legs. The only way I ever got rid of that was by running. I have put my 3lbs on in the legs and butts. I can't wait to start running again!!!

BTW, that pic of Joey is SO cute!

Laura, I am right there with you about gaining a few lbs since I stopped running. I was really maintaing my goal weight with running, but since my injury I am struggling to keep my weight where I want it. I know wah wah wah!

Sunnydelite, How was your yoga session? I love yoga! You do have to be in the right mindset to do it though. We are all so used to our crazy fast workouts that it is hard to slow down. I have a ton of recommendations if you did not like the firm.

Carole, I am so sorry for your friends loss. I am feeling very vulnerable right now with my mom's life being at risk. It does not matter how old we get, we still need and depend on our parents. I am sure you were a great comfort to her.

I hoped youe enjoyed your run and football and hopefully you did not get too wet.

Laurie, wow! what a workout! My head was hurting just reading about it. What is it with all the crappy eating and the cheetahs. Usually I am the one who is eating horrible and I am doing pretty well right now. It would only take a snicker bar sighting to set me off though}(

Elaine, I know how you feel about animals and their bodily fluids on the carpet. My cat Tiger is extremely jealous when the guinea pigs are running around, so he pees on my nice pillows in the living room to get me back. He also has been peeing under the xmas tree where the presents are. He is such a jealous little stinker. You are lucky that your hubby cleans it up. My hubby will but he just wipes it quickly and says it is fine. I get on my hands and knees and scrub. I am so anal when it comes to my carpet. All of my friends laughed at me when I bought white carpet. Okay, the joke is on me!

Okay, now that I have said more than I need to about my pets and carpet(LOL)!

Hello to everyone else and I will see you guys tomorrow.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.