::: CHEETAHS ::: Sun., 10/8

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs...

Couldn't sleep in, even on a Sunday. After I plowed through all of my schoolwork yesterday (yeah!), I ran on the tread, where I never seem to have the same kind of endurance I do outdoors. So I ran 20, walked 5, ran 20, walked 5. Dunno...still never feels like a "real" run to me, but maybe I'm weird. Today, I'm planning on a run or KPC (depending on how the weather looks out there) and will get in GS Legs or BSB finally, and then a yoga class so they don't put out an APB on me. :) Besides, if I don't use my pre-purchased class cards by 11/13, then I get an extra-fee penalty. So I need to go! Then, it's shopping and relaxation time!

Now let me get caught up with yesterday's post & come back for personals.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

Wendy :: I went to a new place around here called Bonefish Grill…I believe it’s part of the Outback chain. (The name completely turned me off, but the food was quite good.) Cracked up at your “screwed-up priorities.” Don’t feel bad – since school’s been back in session, it’s tough for me to get here & stay up-to-date, too.

Laurie :: glad you had a pretty decent post-half run yesterday!

Carole :: How was the wedding?

Colleen :: so is your acting role in addition to part-time work elsewhere? If so, you’ve got a lot to juggle there! I’m not a mom, but I do have a pretty full plate during the school year. These past few weeks have been super busy and I’m not working out as much as I’d like to, but as long as I fit in at least 3 cardio and 2-3 weight days, I’m satisfied that I’m doing SOMETHING.

Karen :: I’m sorry to hear about your FIL. What a sad time for your family.

Christine & Jennifer :: so sorry – I forgot to wish you both luck in your race today! Looking forward to the reports.

Christine, I just love the GS series, too…it DOES make me feel strong. But I had to take a break from it for a little while b/c it was all I wanted to do. So I’ve been adding to my Cathe library and using other workouts to shake things up, but it’s SOOO good to return to GS.

Jennifer, hope you can ward off the cold.

Shelly :: I am not really doing a rotation. Carole set up a great one for me, but my schedule has been so choppy that I didn’t want to try to start until it settles down some. At the moment, I’m squeezing in whatever I can! How’d the patio come out?

Susan :: hey girl, I believe YOU brought up the OREO’s in the first place, didn’t you? ;-) :) How were the pumpkin patch adventures?

Jess :: sending my sympathies on the loss of your grandmother. I got the shivers when I read that you & your brother were able to see her one last time. What a gift it was to be able to enjoy her in your life for 29 years.

Elaine :: we’ll be waiting anxiously for the report, but based on the great news Carole shared…CONGRATS on the PR!!!! What an excellent tribute to your brother! Wow…I’m getting chills thinking about it! YEAH, cheetah!!!

Hi to Barb, Linda, Sunny, Laura, Judy, and everyone else who drops in today. I'll be back later if I can.

-Cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy, What an awful name for a restaraunt! LOL I'm glad the food was yummy though. :9 I have to admit now that I have a good amount of experience w/outdoor running that I DO prefer it over the TM but the TM still doesn't bother me and I still find it easier on the body. If you never used one with any regularity though, I can see where you'd have trouble.

Jess, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother but I'm sure you all know it's for the best. I believe that the dying have the ability to delay the inevitable for a period of time if they want to. I'll bet your grandmother held on in order to say goodbye to you and your brother. Please extend my sympathies to your family. (((HUGS)))

Christine, Today is your half girl! YOU GO! Good luck! I know you'll do GREAT!

Karen, Have fun with your race today! Can't wait to hear about it!

Elaine, YOU DID IT! YOU ROCK! 8 mins faster too! WOO HOO! You go girl!:+ :+ :+ :+ :+

Carole, Thanks for the sharing the info about Elaine!:)

Well, today is race day. I have about 15 mins to hang out and drink my coffee until I have wake up the "crew" and start getting ready to go. The race starts at 11 so we are aiming to be there by about 10 so we have to leave here around 9:15. We are meeting my friend and her family at the race. It's nice cause if he chooses to, Sal will have someone to hang with while I am running.

I'll check back afterwards!!!

Congratulations Elaine and Mr. Elaine!!!! Boston is ready for you!

Cathy- We have eaten at Bonefish also and I did like the appetizers. We were in a large group and shared sevral. But my dinner, a I forgot which fish it was, was not prepared well.

Good luck Wendy and Christine- Please post so we can share in your experience!

Today is a rest day. I did 7 consecutive days. Yesterday after the KPC/LG circuit premix, I did stretch max and and extra stretches for my lower body. It wasn't yoga, but it was a stretch.

The creep who flashed me and my girlfriend has been identified. We were not the only ones he did this to. The area will be patrolled more closely and he will not be back. I am satisfied justice will be done, and we (many local runners) can get back to running in our nice suburban area.

Jes- I am sorry about the passing of Grandma. Try to celebrate her life and remember it well.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hey Judy.

Nice job on this week's work outs. A stretch is a stretch, even if it's not yoga. Heck, I RARELY stretch outside of what I do for a work out so you are many steps ahead of me! LOL
I'm glad the flasher was identified.
Thanks for the good luck wishes! I'll be back later with my story. I'm extra excited because I am running with a friend today!:+

Wendy :: good luck!!! You'll do great, I'm sure! Can't wait to hear about it.

Judy :: glad they caught the flasher! That's a relief. I tried an appetizer, too...It was really good...the bang-bang shrimp. Had a little kick to it. For my main dish, I had the tilapia, but mine was really tasty. Maybe you just had bad luck? Would you go back, do you think?

OK, I'm off to k'box now.

Go Wendy Go!!! Enjoy your 5 Mile Race!!

Go Jennifer Go!! Hope to see ya there!!

Elaine - can't wait to hearthe details!!

Cathy - I absolutely understand on the GS! It is a good workout. I'm going to start a Slow and Heavy rotation this week, though. I like that one, too.

Judy - Flasher? Oh wow! Glad they caughthim. Hope they lock him up for a good long time!

Well, I slept pretty well last night - was exhausted from doing nothing (we did walk around the town, though). I kept dreaming of the race - stupid, stereotypical dreams - I was late, I went to the wrong place... I'm surprised I had my running shorts on every time!! (Usually I forget those in dreams)... Feeling pretty good. Having coffee and breakfast, then I'm off.

Good morning cheetahs

Way to go Elaine!!!!!....thru all the emotional stress she did it...I checked the website last night when I got home and saw her time 3:58:52!!!

Karen...I am sorry about your DH's stepdad...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jess...so sorry about your Grandmas passing. It was good you got to spend some time with her in the last few months. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..

Cathy...enjoy your run or KPC. The Wedding was very nice. I will post a pic after I post this long post!!

Judy...the Wedding was very nice and I did squeeze in a circuit, The Viper without the C&W sestions. I am so glad they caught the creepy flasher...enjoy your rest day...:)

Christine...GOOD LUCK!!!! Let us know how things go today. That is great you got the ETL book! I thought it was a good read. You will love the new Garmin if you get one....

Wendy..GOOD LUCK!!! That is cool you get to run with a friend. let us know how things go!!!

Shelly...I am not sure I have ever eaten Paella. My DH is also a good cook, we are lucky!! Well, on a sad note John didn't make the Wedding..:(..not a good day for him as he didn't feel well. I am envious about your new patio! Our deck needs some work...

Susan...be careful with the sciatica...yes, I had that injury too!! Thank you for your kind words...:)...I did the Viper without the C&W sections. Then did PH abs.

Barb...I still have a bit of DOMS! I will say it made the interval run friday a bit tougher!! I don't think I have iClimb 7...

Linda..the 305 is great. I will be happy to help you...:)..I hope you get to use it today. I usually turn it on and put it outside while I get ready to run as then it can get the satellites. And like Laura said, you don't enter your height in the Garmin.

Jennifer...GOOD LUCK!!! Hope you have a great run and get to meet up with Christine.

Laura...I love my Garmin. It really is a great investment and for me having the Heart Rate monitor and GPS is awesome! It's normal to be a bit fatigued after a hard run like the half. You'll get your legs back...:)

The Wedding was really lovely and we had a good time. I will post a pic of the Bride & Groom after this post. I got to squeeze in the Viper without the C&W parts and then PH abs.

Today is a run, not sure how far but if I feel like it and don't go far I'll hop on my Elliptical like I did last Sunday!!

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cathy, Carole, Christine, Judy and all cheetahs.

Christine, good luck on your race. I'll check in later for a report.

Hey guys, just a quick check in before church. I got 4.27 miles in this morning in 42 mins so I'm on a high as far as my speed. Trying to take it slow and steady though so I don't get burnt out.

Have a pretty hectic week coming up so please forgive me if I don't check in everyday. I'll do my best though.

Have a great day cheetahs and for those who have races: GO GET 'EM!!!!

Kim

Carole - what a pretty picture!!! Best wishes to the bride and groom!

Elaine - WAY TO GO!!! I'm in awe! We have ourselves a regular Boston Qualifier on this thread! *Bows to Elaine*

Thanks for the well wishes everyone - I'm all ready to go. We laid things out last night. I'm excited, nervous and part of me just wants to get this over so I know what happens... :+ I'll check back later today.

carole your nephew and his wife are a great looking couple! my garmin has the heart rate monitor as well. Like yours, my heart rate is displayed in the right hand corner,very small. I usually track more of my pace and distance anyway. I just love mine.

congrats elaine!!!!you inspire us all!!!

sarahs next marathon is next weekend, cant wait to hear how she tears up that route!!!!My friend will be running the columbus half sarah. I told her about you and how awesome of a runner you are!!!

:+ :7 :+ }( :D :) ;) :+ :7 My unofficial time. DH aimed right this time! LOL! :+ :7 :+ }( :D :) ;) :+ :7

194003188.jpg

Hi everyone!

Congratulations Elaine! Great job!!

Laura - I wish the Garmin had a place for your height. Looks like the calories burned would be more accurate??? Oh well, like you, I am mainly interested in my distance and pace. Oh....and HR! ;-)

Christine - I had dreams like that with both of my races (albeit---much shorter races :+ )! Good luck! don't forget to post :7

Jennifer - Good luck and have fun!!! You guys are sooo lucky!!

Wendy - Good luck and have fun! Can't wait to hear your report, either! It's great that you have a friend to run with!

Judy - Enjoy your well-deserved rest day! I think I need to go do Stretch Max. That may be just what I need this afternoon!

Cathy - Don't ya just hate it when you can't sleep in on a day that you "can" sleep in! I am finding that I am dreading the treadmill more and more, too. I know that I will have to use it, much more often than outside because of time, etc but..I like it outside so much more!

Carole - Great idea about taking it outside while you get ready! It took mine about 3/4 of a mile to find a satellite. I had already hit "start" and ran that distance. Does that mean that the 3/4 or so mile that I ran before it found it did not register as the total distance? Beautiful wedding picture of your nephew!

Today I did PUB (no abs)and ran 5 miles outside with my Garmin. I love it! I can see that it will really help me tremendously. I never really knew my pace or distance. I know I have a lot to learn about it. But...hopefully...I will eventually feel really familiar with it. (especially with the "Navigation" and Map). I will tackle that part next.

Hi to everyone one!!

Linda

Hello cheetahs!

Wow, all the excitement around here today. I feel so much energy here.

Wendy, YAY! You are awesome! Great time and now you have done 2 races. I am so proud of you.

Elaine, another amazing cheetah! You are such an inspiration and I can't wait to hear your racap. I hope you are feeling great and that those endorphins are still with you.

Jennifer and Christine, I am looking forward to hearing your results and racap as well. GO CHEETAHS!!

Carole, enjoy your run and I love the Viper! Also, what a lovely picture of the wedding you attended. I love weddings. I have not been to one in a long time. Any football today?

Cathy, I truly enjoy the treadmill. I do my speedwork on there and I listen to my favorite cd's and the time flies. I have had to get used to the outdoor running. I love the scenery outdoors and it much more of a serene experience. Anyway, Have a great run!

Judy, enjoy your much deserved rest and I am so glad that caught the weirdo. That is too creepy. It is good that you run with a friend.

Kim, hello and great run!

Linda, Great workout today. I always feel great after PUB and how fun that you have a garmin too. Look like that is what I want for Xmas.

Jess, I am so sorry about your grandma. I hope you are having a peaceful family day. Take Care.

I finished a 6.2 mile run with my hubby outside. The sciatica was sore the first couple miles than I really did not notice it too much. I definitley ran slower than normal though. I have to be careful not to overstretch. I think it may have been sore due to that. Anyway, I am taking tomorrow off, so hopefully it will get some rest. Have a great day guys and I will check back to see how the other races went.

Cheers!

Susan

Good morning everyone....what a busy exciting weekend for the cheetahs!!!

ELAINE- WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: Broke the 4 hr mark!!! WTG!!! It must make it so extra special for you to have achieved that for your brother.
YOU TOTALLY ROCK!

Wendy- What a fabulous pic!!! 5 miles and you still look strong:7
Great job!!! Next.....a 10k:eek: :eek: :eek:

Christine- We're all anxious to hear your race report. I hope it works out well for your DH and you both have a good experience. Men never feel they need training or directions do they?

Susan- I'm so glad to hear your sciatica is under control!

Barb- got a kick out of your "weekend warrior" question. I've been a home improvement fanatic ever since buying my first home 20+ yrs ago. We had my current home custom built and I did ALL the tile work and painting inside.

SunnyD- Hiya! I love doing Tony's StretchX in the evening. Hope you had a great rest day. What's the workout today?

Linda- Having fun with the new toy I see! Are you downloading your run data to your computer? I have been contemplating getting a newer run so I don't have to keep a written running log anymore.

Jess- Hopefully you'll be able to peek in today and read some posts. Sorry to hear about your dear Grandma. She is resting peacefully now in a better place and she did leave this world knowing she was loved. No one can ask for better :)

Jennifer- I haven't said hi to you in a while. You sure are a racing nut lately. Best of luck today with your HM!

Cathy- I totally agree that the longer runs are more difficult on the TM. I think it's just the boredom factor. Great job today!

Judy- Glad that flasher was nabbed! It's just terrible when these nuts use people just trying to get out for a run or walk to satisfy their sick needs.

Carole- Hi there!!! my guess right now is that your indulging in a little NFL action :7 Your wedding pic is beautiful! I'm sorry that John wasn't up to attending but perhaps it was a little too soon for him. A social occasion like that takes a lot of mental fortitude at this time. I've evened out the ground for my patio and today I'll be spreading the sand base, hopefully starting on the actual paver placement also!

Hi Kim- I haven't greeted you yet. I was on a mental break due to an injury when you joined the cheetahs. Great job with your run today. Good time!

I managed 6 miles today on the TM, my groin is aching some but I don't think I overdid it. I am definitely spacing out my actual runs until I completely heal. I also recently acquired Amy Bento's
Advanced Step Challenge and gave it a whirl. It worked me out as hard as IMAX3. Loved it!

Time to get busy with patio building. Later y'all

ShellyC

Hi Shelley,

I am glad to hear your groin is feeling better. I probably should be running on the tread too. A lot less impact for us injured folks. I just love running with my hubby on the weekend though. I am so impressed that you do all that home maintenance stuff. I can barely pick out curtains without having a nervous breakdown. My husband does all the fixing up around here. He has tons of books on how to do flooring and all that stuff. Well, have a great day and I also have a few Amy tapes and I like her a lot.

Cheers!

Susan

OK, I did a KPC premix followed by a GS Legs premix followed by a 1.5 hour yoga class. Man, does downward-facing dog kill me!

Carole :: what a gorgeous couple! It looks like the weather was just perfect, too. I’m sorry John didn’t make it.

Wendy :: Also a great pic! Congrats on your finish time – awesome! Now stop trying to convince me you’re a slowpoke like me! I ain’t buyin’ it, girl! :)

Linda :: yes, I avoid the TM whenever possible…it’s just never been my thing.

Susan :: Even with music on, I’m Mrs. Slowski on the TM and I burn out QUICK. Maybe it’s mental, but I really enjoy the fresh air and being on natural terrain. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow. Hope the sciatica clears.

Shelly :: spacing out the runs seems wise. I was having some calf trouble there for a while, so I cut back on the back-to-back runs and that seemed to do it…I haven’t had any problems since—knock wood! Fingers crossed for you that that situation improves real soon!

Hi Kim and Laura!

I'm gonna do one more quick thing for school for tomorrow (we don't have Columbus off) and then it's R&R time for this cheetah!!

-Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.