:::: CHEETAHS :::: + sloths like me 6.16

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, my cheetah friends~ http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

How are we this Saturday morning?

I did take another rest day last night and devoted my energy to studying. I'm as ready as I'm gonna be. I still went to bed early. Must be the stress + the physical moving that's tired me out this week. I will head out for a run and finally get to see Joey boy this morning before I take my exam.

Jackie :: When I read about you probably freaking out, I laughed because, um, yeah, age has nothing to do with it. I freaked out, too. *lol* After I first met with my principal and figured out that I was more than likely moving, I cried that night. Started wondering if I can keep on doing this throughout my career. I mean, four moves already in just six years - it's getting old pretty quickly, ya know? Plus, I was in my "dream" classroom, so it's hard to part with that. But I think the administrators forget what it is like to box up an entire classroom, set up shop someplace else, adjust to a whole new team of people, and if you've changed grade levels, adjust to a whole new curriculum. It makes for a lot of HARD WORK in the upcoming school year. And often there are space or furniture issues. (Example: the room I'm moving to now is considerably smaller and has NO bookshelf space. How does an English teacher not have room for books?! So now I have to lobby for furniture! If I can't get it, I plan to build my own this summer.) Anyway, as much as I love my job, the seemingly random moves are an aspect that I strongly dislike, but I am accepting the fact that if I want to teach, I have to "grow up" and just deal with this. The veterans seem to take it all in stride. They don't like it, either, but they know it's part of the game. Ooh, what a saga! Sorry to drone on...Hope you have a great run today! I don't think I have to worry about the sun today (we have had overcast/rainy skies for over a week), but I plan to get out early, anyway! A heat wave is coming to us next week.

Have a great Saturday, ladies! BBL.
Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

Morning!!!!

Cathy: Good luck on your test!!!! I know you'll do great!:) :) :)

So last night's k/b class was AWESOME! The instructor has changed since I last took that class and man is she a tough one! }(

This morning my abs are feelin' fine...so far...despite the ab attack I did y'day. I'll tell you what IS talkin' to me are my glutes! It hurts to sit on the potty!:eek: :7 OUCHEES! LOL

Today is my scheduled rest day but I am tempted to get outside for a short run. It is sooooooo gorgeous out there right now. I am running tomorrow with my friend but I'm still tempted to get out there now! even have it all justified in my mind since I am going to the Baptism today. I KNOW I'll be eating lots of junk! Gotta burn some calories to make room for it you know!;) }( :9 Well, only time will tell if I cave! LOL

I'm back! I'm having an indecisive Cheetah moment and need my girls' help!:+

I have created a rotation using the Gym Styles that I am considering doing for the month of July instead of starting the P90 Masters series just yet. I do not know if I want to take the Masters rotation thru it's full 3 month course. I will make that decision as I am doing it BUT if I decide to it will be interrupted by vacation which stinks. Soooo...I am thinking of doing this GS rotation first. I can begin it the last week of June after my upcoming recovery week and 4 weeks of it will take me to right prior to my vacation. It fits PERFECT! I think it's a rotation that could also help me to look as bikini ready as possible!}( Here's what I've come up with:

M: GS Legs Standing + step cardio
T: Run
W: GSC&T
R: Spin + Yoga
F: GS Legs Floor + kickbox cardio
S: GSBS&B
S: Rest

I figure for simplicity's sake I can just repeat this for 4 weeks. What do you all think? I am wondering if I should alternate the GS' with the pyramids? I could GS for weeks 1 and 3 and pyramids for weeks 2 and 4 perhaps. TIA for any input!!!!

Okay, well I'm off to get the little guy up...I'll be back in a bit!

Ciao!:D

Good morning friends in fitness,

cathy- good luck on your exam. sending many kick butt ((((vibes)))), lol.

wendy- looks like a good rotation. i see you are making sure to add in your yoga. i purchased the carribbean yoga set and tried one of them and enjoyed it! think i've finally found a yoga dvd that suits me:) . in response to yesterday re: sculpt 10, it's not bad, i would say on the level of a p90 masters. good idea on the itrain upgrade...hey it's an addiction, lol. where are you going on vacation? i purchased a couple of isculpt ballets but haven't done any yet. let me know what you think.

today was going to be a bike ride however since it's raining i decided to switch back to my original input of amy b's hi/lo extreme. can't wait to go and try that one out!!

never got to do pilates yesterday because i had to have a meeting re: how i want everything to be set up. the position with the YMCA is the corportate wellness coordinator and since this is a new position i get to set things up the way i want...gotta love having some control, lol.

i just finished purchasing my first group instructor music dvd's, woohooo. last week classes were demos. this week starts the real deal,:7

have a great saturday to all...:D

Wendy & Sunny :: thanks for the good luck wishes! Much appreciated.

Wendy :: The rotation looks good. Personally, I would like the idea of working the pyramids into it as I am big on variety. I agree, it makes more sense to do this than have your Masters rotation interrupted by a vacation. I think that would drive you nuts!

Sunny :: boo on the rain, but enjoy trying out the Bento DVD. That is fantastic that you have the freedom to structure things the way you want them.

I just finished a 3.1 mile run, and in light of the upcoming Pine Beach 5K, I'd say, Wendy, can you please bring your stroller? *lol* I am going to have to start a new Turtle check-in. *ha ha* Hey, it's slow, but at least it's going. I am going to shower up, run a couple of errands before the exam, and hit BBC S&A later on this afternoon.

Have a great day, all! BBL
Cathy :D

Saturday yea!

Cathy~ Best of luck on the exam. Are you packing up your class room this up coming week?

Wendy~ I would definitely alternate Gym style weeks with pyramid weeks just for variety. Otherwise it looks great.

Sunny~ Is this you first time doing Amy B's hi/lo extreme? Be sure to post a review for us. The new job sounds really fun :)

Today is an easy 2 mile run. I should add in some abs or yoga....
I did manage 17" of yoga this week. It was mainly for a calming effect (and it did help) after a particularly irritating phone call.

Emily (Materials Girl) has a race today. Hopefully she will post a race report later.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..I bet you as a 13 yr would make a cute pic with 80's hair...Good job on the run today. Good Luck Cathy!! And enjoy Joey later today...:)

Wendy..the baptism in the lake was cool. Yes, still painting, could take all summer, but it is so worth it! I do the yearly iTrain too, but it sure went up fast. It was only $50 last year...still a good deal though. Sounds like you fried those abs yesterday. I think your rotation will be a great idea...alternating with the pyramids would probably remove the boredom, but it looks good!

Sunny...good job on running and then running the stadium stairs!! I will for sure let you know how I like Amy's Kickbox Ex if I get to try it today. Let me know too how you like her Hi/Lo.

Jackie...I got Amy's Kickbox Xtreme and Hi/Lo Xtreme. Yes I agree Barry is a drill Sargeant! Something about his voice now and then...I don't like for some reason.

Jess...I hope Kiersten is feeling better today. Good luck on the 5k today and I hope your girls have fun running the mile.

Christine...now you can see why Cathy and I think Rich and Jari would make a great couple! I guess we can always mute them both!

Judy...good runs for you. How fun a spanish girl will be...:)

Today I will try out Amy's Kickbox Xtreme if I can. As the next area to paint is my workout area, so I will see how things go after church.

Have a great day cheetahs...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - I hate the pencil pushers that dictate what we should be doing in our jobs. I'm sure some of your administrators have gone through what you have but we have some that don't have a clue. I think they need to come and spend a day in the life of some of us sometimes. As a matter of fact, my boss and his bosses did have to do just that one day this week. I'm glad you're taking everything all in stride and doing what you need to do to make things work. I still say teachers aren't paid enough for the things they have to do. Good luck with the exam!

Wendy - Ouch on sitting on the potty! Did you run? Have fun at the Baptism today. I like your rotation but I vote for mixing the Pyramids in.

Sunny - Sorry you had to miss out on your bike ride. What's your highest mileage so far? Good luck with the music and next week's classes.

Judy - Enjoy your run and yoga!

Carole - I'll be waiting to hear your reviews on Amy's KB. What color are you painting your workout room?

Jess - How did the 5K go? Anxiously awaiting to hear!

I did a 7 mile run this morning and Stretch Max #1. I'm going to Nashville for a convention next weekend. Will be gone for a almost a week. Decided to find a 5K to participate in. Found one for Saturday and DD is going to run too. That should be nice. We've never run a race together.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Jackie

I'm back! Did ya miss me? ;) :p :7

I quickly nixxed the idea of the run this morning as I am still walking funny because of my burnin' left quad!x(

I had DH take pics of me this morning and I weighed and measured since my SS rotation is officially over. My weight is down about a pound and my measurements are all over the place and not all good BUT when I looked at the pics in comparison with the X's 90 day shots I am very happy! I see more definition in my upper body and core! I am loving my upper back definition too but DH never gets close enough to see that in the pics! I'm going to have him take a close up shot one of these days!}( Anywho...if you are interested I put my picturetrail link below. I didn't even realize I had deleted it at some point! LOL

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts on the rotation. I am going to do it and use the pyramids as well as the gym styles. I didn't include ab work in it but don't you worry...I'm gonna work 'em!}(

Time for personals and then I have to hit the shower!

Sunny: Glad to hear that you have found a yoga vid that you can deal with. I hope you stay faithful to it. It may grow on you if you do. :) I am going to Myrtle Beach on vacation for a week. We are driving down...with a 2 year old in tow...YIKES!!! So long as my body lets me I will be doing ISculpt Ballet tomorrow after the run with my friend. I will definately post my thoughts on it when I am done! Good luck with your new coordinators position. What are the job responsibilities for this position?

Cathy: I will bring my jogging stroller to the race just for you girl! ;) :7 Sending good exam vibes your way!!!!

Judy: Sorry about your irritating phone calls. I hate them. They can ruin a perfectly good day!x(

Carole: Wow, I should have jumped on the yearly package for Itrains last year! You snooze you lose, right? LOL So how did you like Kickbox Xtreme?

Jackie: Enjoy your race with your DD in Nashville! I was there several years ago when I first started dating DH. We took a road trip from Jersey with another couple to go to Fan Fair! It was crazy but fun! I would like to go back some day!

Okay, definately time to shower...have to be out the door in an hour!:eek:

BBL!:D

Just poppin' in w/ my race report!!!!

Short version: Time- 26:30. Mile 1- 7:55, Mile 2- 8:28, Mile 3- 8:08, .25 Mile (course long!)- 9:02. Avg pace 8:14ish

OK, you know this will be long, right?? Yep, it's a report from me. First of all, I only signed up for this since my dd wanted to run the 1 mile race. After dealing w/ injuries I've slowly added back in 3-4 miles once or twice a week to build up some mileage again. So... I was not really concerned about time/ pacing/ anything which was actually... NICE!

I woke up to a lovely visit from AF. BLECH! And last night Hannah was running a temp & not feeling well so I wasn't even sure if we were going. I woke everyone up at 7 & she said she thought she could run. She was feeling better, but complaining of her legs hurting a bit. Kiersten woke up saying she was feeling fine (FINALLY, she's been running a temp on & off all week since her surgery & hardly talking...). Allison was ready to race, she's been looking forward to this!!

So... after they ate a quick bagel for breakfast, we headed out. Got our race numbers & t-shirts. I only had about 10 min to the start, hit the potty, and got ready. I mainly just wanted to finish feeling good, I was hoping for under 27 minutes. Well, of course once I started I wasn't even looking at the Garmin, just kinda weeding my way through the crowd. First mile - under 8 min (7:55). Oops! Wasn't meaning to start out that fast, but still felt good. Mile 2- 8:28. Mile 3- 8:08. And the last .25 (yes, the course was LONG!), was 9:02. So... time was 26:30 which I was very happy with. 8:14 min mile (or a little less, I didn't stop my Garmin for 20 extra seconds). NOT bad for not running much or fast!!!

And.... I finished feeling awesome. I didn't feel half dead & definitely know I could have pushed myself a lot harder. Just trying to enjoy running & NOT injure myself. And... last year's time was 25:30ish (I can't remember exactly..) so I was only a minute off. And only 2 1/2 minutes off my PR (24:02) so I was really happy.

Then came the mile run. Hannah was not looking so great but said she wanted to do it anyway. She was ready to go & had my Garmin set. She really wanted me to run w/ her, so I did (a few other parents did too). We made it about .1 mile & she had to walk. She really wasn't feeling well, so we just kind of alternated walking w/ jogging. She had no energy left by the end, but we jogged it in & finished in 14:30 min. She was a little upset, but told me she tried her best (and she really did), and was happy to have some Gatorade at the end.

Then it was the fun run. They line the kids up according to age groups. Kiersten was in the 5-6 group & wow, she kicked some butt!!! I couldn't believe it, especially for having surgery on Tues!! She was one of the first girls in!!! And she was smiling & having fun. Then Allison & I ran & that little stinker is fast!! We about sprinted to the finish line & she was soooo thrilled to get a medal. It was so cute.

So... all in all it was a fun morning. I'm glad that the girls enjoy the racing so much. Now that I've had a taste of the racing again I know I'll want to do another race soon. Hopefully I'll be able to add in some speedwork w/out injuring myself!!!!

Hugs,
Jess

Link to pics. I made a new picture trail, my old one is full of pics!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=16840032&uid=8948436&members=1

Hello everyone! Checking in from this strange alien land called New Jersey! Cathy and Wendy.... I don't know how you can stand driving here! It is beyond crazy:eek: Anyway, just a quick post today and I'll catch up on personals tomorrow. My east coast vacation started out distrastrously I'm afraid. My flight was 7 hours delayed getting in. I was supposed to land at 2:30pm in Newark, instead we got diverted to Buffalo for several hours (if I never see that place again in my life it will be too soon) Anyway I finally ended up in Newark at 9:30pm:eek: so we didn't make it out to Montauk until 0100. I was a bit tired to say the least. Montauk was nice and relaxing but unfortunately also unseasonably coldx( DH and I still had a nice time though and our room was right by the ocean. A very nice change of pace for us.

Today I raced in the 5 mile Sheehan Classic. That was a very crowded start and it took a while for me to build up speed. It also wasn't chip timedx( Well, I was hoping for a sub 40 minute finish but I ended up finishing a little over 41 minutes with a pace about
8:15. C'est la vie. There was lots of nice amenities. A very nice finisher medal and a free BBQ provided by Whole Foods (yummy).
Now on to the PineBeach5k!

I've missed ya!

ShellyC

Yeah, it's Shelly!!! Great job on the race, girl!! We had almost the same pace for our races, but you ran longer than me!! :) I'm glad you made it there safely (even if it was late!), and are enjoying the time w/ your dh I'm sure!!

Good luck w/ the upcoming 5K!!! Can't wait to hear how speedy you are for that!

Hey gang, just a quick post and hopefully I will get back later to catch up and do personals.

I just finished 4 miles in the 85 degree heat AND humidity! I feel great!!! I took a 24 oz. jug of gatorade and I believe that saved me. I drank a big gulp every so often and that really helped. I realized today that my commitment to my HM is complete there; if I can run in the weather I did today, I CAN DO IT in August for sure! ;-) Now, I'm off to the shower because I am dripping......with sweat.....!!!

Oh, when I finished I had a protein, banana, peanut butter recovery drink - Yummy.......:9 :9

Marcia.

P.S. I think I am on the right track. YIPEE............!!!!

hey everyone,

I have really been MIA because my computer was acting up and kept freezing up on us. anyway, they have my basement dug and halfway blocked. they will finish blocking it around monday or tuesday. I am excited. Hows everyone been? I did manage run 8 miles last weekend and I did my first race today since last june. wow, it felt good do be back in the loop of racing. It was a 4miler though, I really like the 5k races better. Its just that little extra distance that makes a big difference. anyway, I have been trying to run at my target heart rate for my runs during the week since sarah,aka IMafitnessfreak has had great results slowing down and staying in her zone. Its hard to make yourself slow down but hey, if it eventuually makes me faster and leaner than I will try it. If sarah has gotten faster and leaner,if that is possible, she has a bomb body than I am willing to try it and hopefully have great results. I did pr today with my race. I still didnt do as good as aI wanted but its the best time in 3 years of doing that race. so maybe sarah is onto something here,we'll see. I will keep you posted on my results with changing my runs up and slowing doown. I hope it works and I lose weight and get faster with my races. talk with you all later!

Afternoon, cheetahs~

Judy :: thanks for the good luck wishes!…Yes, I started packing up this past week. So far, I’m making good progress. I should try to get in some yoga tomorrow. I need to get centered after a hectic week. Glad it did the trick for you after the annoying phone call.

Carole :: OK, I still haven’t gotten to Joey. After the exam, I cracked open a celebratory Corona Light and then promptly went on a shopping spree. I hate to say it, but I might push him off one more day. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/30.gif …Did you try out AB’s k’box extreme? How was it?

Jackie :: I love the idea of having the bosses spend a day doing the employees’ work…They do forget what it’s like!…but I must say, I do have a lot of respect for my principals and enjoy working for them…I don’t exactly understand the rationale behind so many moves, but overall, I tend to believe in the idea that you always wind up where you are meant to be, so I am just going with that and looking to the positives. I have a job doing what I love in a great school with dream students – that’s more important than having a dream classroom, I think…I really should dust off Stretch Max – I so rarely do that one. That’ll be fun doing the 5K with DD.

Wendy :: I say if you feel good and can see the difference (esp. in pics as the camera does add a few pounds), then SS was a success! Just checked out the pics…you look GREAT! I think you look slimmer in the waist area…I see a difference in the arms, too.

Jess :: great race times! WTG! And you weren’t even tryin’. Rock on! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/69.gif

Shelly :: Wha? Strange alien land? I beg your pardon!! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/3.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/61.gif Driving here is a sport. Only the strong survive. *lol* Sorry to hear about your traveling snafus…how is your FIL doing?…Congrats on your finish in the Sheehan Classic – I know it wasn’t quite what you were shooting for, but that’s speedy to me. These days, if I were running any slower, I'd be in reverse! Eventually, I would like to get my “speed” back. I really have to buckle down this summer and lose this extra weight!!

Marcia :: it’s good to see you back posting regularly…FYI - this month’s Runner’s World has a great HM/M training section.

Well, it's a relief to have the exam behind me http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/18.gif ...it was tougher than I expected...only 4 questions, in which you were supposed to synthesize your learning throughout all the courses...yet the questions were very specific and somewhat obscure. Fingers are crossed. I should know results within 2 weeks.

OK, lazy cheetah signing off...

Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

Hi Ladies!

Jess and Shelly - GREAT JOB on your races! Jess - bummer about AF! Glad you ran it and did so well. I'm happy to see you race again! Shelly - sorry you had such a tough time getting out the gate. Yeah. PA and Jersey Drivers are nuts. And I dated a really nice guy from Buffalo - but it's too bloody cold up there.

Hello to everyone else! No time for personals - crazy day. Did Spinervals Sweating Buckets (Thanks Gayle!) followed by 10 minutes of Spinerval Zoot Challenge. Meant to do it all, but had to cut it short as DD14 needed a bathing suit TODAY to go swimming with her BF. So I took her shopping to Mervyn's and got her 2 suits for less than half of what one would be at a major department store. Also got some cute tops for me! Then took Jimmy to the dog park for an hour, went grocery shopping, got my hair cut and got my nails and toes done. I'm finally sitting for a few minutes.

Anyone have big plans for tomorrow? We're taking dear ole dad out for dinner - the whole family. That about it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.