::::CHEETAHS:::: Saturday Sept 16

Good Morning Cheetahs:) I'm fuelling up with a banana and a coffee for a 6K run. I'm working 10-2 today then it's TidyMax time, we didn't get much done around here while my brother was visiting. We have a work function tonight which should be fun. We'll take a ferry over to Wolfe Island then a horse and cart ride to a corn maze for a BBQ, games and a big bonfire. My 3 Girls love spa work functions as most of the estheticians are in their early 20's and have a lot of fun with my teenagers. I'm hoping it's an early night, I'm already nervous about my 20K run tomorrow....

Elaine, my half is on October 1st. Our last long run is tomorrow:eek: I think my Mom's airbag burns are a combination of the impact of the bag and friction from the material.

Better lace up and GO......:)

Take Care
Laurie:)

Morning, cheetahs...

I've been MIA for a couple of days. Did not work out Thursday or Friday...wound up getting buried in the workload. Since I only managed to run twice this week and lift once, today'll be a toughie. I think I'm gonna lace up and get out there for a run in the light rain and then follow up with MM. But first, I need to fully wake up, so I'm going to read the previous threads and try to get caught up w/ my cheetahs. :)

Laurie ~ it sounds like your mom was in a car accident. I hope her injuries/burns are not too serious. Enjoy your run & tonight's festivities. Sounds like fun!

-Cathy :)

OK, I tried to catch up a little bit...

Susan :: Rock out at your 10K!! Lots of luck and good vibes coming your way. I laughed about your Target comments. I am the SAME WAY. Even when I go in just needing one thing, the bill is somehow always around $60.

Adri :: Sorry about your bad day the other day…but I have to say, I cracked up at the line that “I like the teacher, and nothing was wrong with him TODAY.” Love that. BTW, if I may offer up a small defense of your English teacher...the way you described it, it sounds like it’s really your friend’s advice that screwed you up. Next time you might want to just ask the teacher directly. :)

Wendy :: Mm, Sea Girt does sound far. I’ll keep my eyes peeled as well. We’ll find something.

Jess :: I really love KPC & L&G. I’ll be curious to hear what you think after you try it.

Carole :: Yes, miraculously, the DVD player started working again. Happy dance!!! Then I started having trouble with my mouse… the technical snafus never seem to end! Yes, my favorites were Emmitt, Vivica, Mario, Willa, and Joey. Tucker wasn’t good, but I probably would’ve voted off Harry. I was shocked that Willa & Max were in the bottom three. I’m also liking that new show Men in Trees.

Colleen :: I’m really looking forward to the new DVDs, too. I’m very impatient when it comes to waiting on packages, so I’m trying not to think about them.

Laurie :: Personally, I wouldn’t mind doing a practice run of the race route (I’d rather KNOW what’s coming), but if you think it’s going to spoil it for you, go with how you feel.

Christine :: no, you are NOT weird about the hills. I like them, too. Even the tough ones.

Hi to Judy, Elaine, Barb, Katrina, Shelly, Thomasina, Gayle, Pamela, Marcia, Mattea, Katie, Wendy Marie, Dina, Natalie, and anyone else who comes by today.

After my workout, it's time for schoolwork followed by SHOPPING!!!!

-cathy :)

Hey Cathy:) Glad you could dig yourself out of the work pile to check in, sounds like you've been crazy busy! Enjoy your run and MM and SHOPPING!!!!:D I've been thinking about the run tomorrow and can't figure how we could run the whole thing anyway. It's not a loop so we'd end up at the finish with no way to get back, I'll go and enjoy the run whatever they have planned.

Susan, All the best to you in your run today~~ Woo Hoo SUSAN!!!:D

My 6K was a nice easy paced run today, I want to feel good to go tomorrow!

Have a great day Cheetahs!!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hey Cheetahs!

So yesterday I did L&G standing leg work and then did a quick 20 min TM run. I had to cut the TM run short because I was heading up north to visit my friends and thier newborn son! (arrived 10:44am yesterday!!!) This little boy is soooo adorable...got my hormones goin' and that is very very bad as we need a bigger house first!:eek:

I was originally supposed to run in the park w/my friend but it didn't pan out due to the weather mostly. We will reschedule for this week though.

I think I am going to head outside for a run today. I have u/b scheduled for today and my o/d run for tomorrow but DS is over a relative's house visiting and DH is working so I have no worries for a few hours. It's a PERFECT time for a run so I figure that I might as well take advantage!;)

Cathy: I hope your workload lightens up so that you can get those work outs in more often! I hate when life gets in the way! x( Yes, we will definately find a 5k to run together. We can look for one in November possibly but if we don't find one then I think it's best if we then hold off until after winter is over. Deal?

Laurie: Hot dang girl, your half is only a couple of weeks away! So how are you feeling about it now that it's getting closer? Do you feel ready? Sounds like you are doing phenominal at your training! Do you have any goal as far as time?

G'morning mommies!! Well, my 8 mile run turned into a 9 mile run, .5 mile walk. Oops, took a little different route that was a little longer than I thought! :p Oh well, it was still a nice run & is my longest one until the marathon now!!! Eek, it's NEXT Sunday!!! I seriously can't believe it!! Oh, and I love my new tank that I got at Target, I think it's what I'll wear for the marathon. It's just a plain black seamless Champion racer back tank, simple but fits right!

We had fun last night, I took the kids to the park & we had fun playing outside.

I'm taking the girls w/ my good friend & her 3 kids to a pumpkin festival & parade this morning! It will be so fun, lots of marching bands there. I loooooove marching band, I am a total band geek (flute/ piccolo player). My high school marching band is marching in it too! I get so excited to see them still.... yep band geek! :) And my Mom is going to the U of IL football game today!!! I'm soooo jealous (I was in the Marching Illini when I was there...). So she & her boyfriend Steve will stop by on the way back from the game.

OK, really gotta go eat breakfast, shower, & get packed up to go! Have a great Saturday, it's going to be AWESOME weather today! Hope you all had great runs/ workouts today!!

Good morning cheetahs

GOOD LUCK Susan!!!!

Laurie...how scary you drove up on the accident! I hope your Mom and Dd are doing well today. A 20 inch monitor!!! WOW!!!! How nice...You can add intervals into any run really. I warm up for over a mile then run hard for 60 seconds an jog to recover for 2 and a half mintues, then repeat. I have always felt it was a godd idea to run the actual course first...I have driven most of the marathon courses I have run before the marathon, it is good to get an idea of the terrain...just my 2 cents...:)

Cathy..sorry you have been overloaded with work...but it is good to have a lighter workout week sometimes. I liked Men in Trees too. Cute show. I agree about Harry, he did awful....

Wendy...enjoy your run today and a little bit of time to yourself..:)

Elaine...how nice to have just one more long run. Tapers can be tough but I know you will be busy with the kids and stuff...:)

Christine...I didn't know you did a century ride. That is cool the way you trained with your DD watching movies! I am happy you had a good fun 8 mile run!

Katrina..good workout yesterday. RS is fun, I have not done it in awhile.

Susan...can't wait to hear about your 10K! I have the TLT's too. I like them for not so hard weight days...and they feel like they work your whole core.

I am doing a TLT today, Better Burn, Better Buns and maybe some kickboxing...

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Sekcy Cheetahs!!!
I got up today at 7 and went for a run at about 7:30. I did 45 miles today for my cardio. At the gym today I'm doing shoulders, calves and abs. Finally its SATURDAY!!!:D

Laurie- Yea us teens LOVE spa's:7 Also, hope you mother is doing well. Good luck on your 6k run today!!! Sending you (((((GOODLUCK)))))!! Lookin forward to TidyMax ha!?!?!?!

Cathy- Have fun shopping today cheetah!!! I'll be doing that later on after the gym. What is a saturday without goin to the mall!?!?!?! Thanks for your advice. I guess I should ask the teacher sometimes but sometimes I just don't wanna talk to them (ok I won't, I NEVER wanna talk to them}(}:)+)

Wendy- Have a great run girk:) Glad you schedule is working for yea!

Have a great day cheetahs! C yea later
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hey Carol and Jess!
Posted same time as you guys.

Jess- LOL you ran 9 instead of 8. Crazy cheetahs:+;-)

Hey Carol!!!!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Carole: Any news on Jon? Have a good work out!

Adri: So you did "45 miles" today? LOL! ;)

Jess: Sounds like a fun day you have planned! ENJOY! Your marathon is the day after my 5k...WOW, that sounds silly! LOL I can't wait to hear how it goes! Do you feel ready? Are you nervous at all??

Susan: Today is the big day girl! You'll do great! Can't wait to hear about it afterwards!:+

Wendy...thanks for asking. John is doing very well in his rehab!! He has a release date of Oct 5th. Still not really feeling his legs, but he is mentally better and strengthening his upper body. His family is learning what to do when he comes home...:)

Hey Cheetahs!!!

Jess- yea 45 miles ain't it amazin?!?!?:+ LOL no I ment 4.5. Guess I missed the .!!!!!!!LOL

Carol- Yea my cold is basically gone. Just a stuffy nose in hte morning but othr than that I'm god. Thanks for asking:)

ITS SATURDAY!!!!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Whoops Wendy asked that. Sorry

Wendy- yea 45 miles ain't it amazin!?!?!?!?! LOL no I meant 4.5 miles. I misses the .!!!!!!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri, Nice run! Makes alot more sense now. ;)

Carole, Thanks for the update on John! I am glad to hear that he is adjusting.

Okay, so I went out and ran in my neighborhood for 30 mins which turned out to be 2.85 miles. That is a 10:32 average pace and that excellent for me! Had I done a 5k I am pretty sure it could have been a new PR for me! Next time!:)

In a few mins I am off to p/u Joey from the relative's house he is at and I am going to my mom's for a visit. We will be going shopping at Kohl's which is no hardship for me!}(

I'll be back later to check out Susan's report of her 10k race!!!}(

Good Afternoon Cheetahs!

Happy Saturday,

Well, today, I did my first 10K. It was a very, very hilly course, I was shooting to finish it in 60, but I did it in 58 min. I guess overtime, if I work at it, I can get it down. It was a lot of fun!

Laurie~nice work on 6K and good luck tomorrow:)

Cathy~ Missed you, glad your back--life can be hectic at times

Susan~ Hope you had a good 10K and good weather as I did--I guess we're in the same boat huh;)?

Wendy~ Have a great visit with your friends.

Carol~ Hi---have a great weekend:)

Jess~ OMG is it that time of year already for a pumpkin festival? I guess summer's really over:(.

Adri~ Nice workout, I had to do a double take with the "45 miles";-)

All other Cheetahs, enjoy your Saturday:),

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’m SORE today! All in a very good way – no knee or heel pain. Hills really work the ole quads – never felt a run in my quads like this. I’m loving it. But, I’m not so sore that I can’t work out, just not run – so I’m going to the gym with DH and doing an iClimb workout on the elliptical (maybe 2 – about 60 minutes all together). Tonight is Celebrate Saratoga – one of our local towns (a small one) shuts down the streets and fills them with bands, wine makers, food stalls… and for an evening, everyone celebrates. It’s a blast, and as it’s one of our favorite towns, we’re going.

Susan – Is today the day of your 10k? I’m sending fast vibes to you!

Laurie – sounds like you’re a busy beaver today! That work function does sound like a lot of fun! Good luck on your run tomorrow!

Cathy – sometimes I find I can run better after a few days off – hope that’s the case with you! It’s so tough getting into the groove again, though! Glad I’m not weird about hills (the jury is still out on my overall weirdness – my kids seem to think I’m really weird).

Wendy – Oh how fun! A new baby! Enjoy your run!

Carole – Actually I’ve done 2 century rides. There’s a little town in Maryland that has the cycling equivalent of the Bay to Breakers, but it’s the Bay to Bay – you ride from the Chesapeake Bay to the Delaware Bay and around a bit then back. Found out that horse flies – the big suckers that bite REALLY hard can fly faster than I can pedal. Then I did one around the Eastern Shore of MD- that was all flat. I enjoyed them, but my feet hurt for days afterwards. My first real experience with “It hurts so good!” By the way- got the CC’s in the mail yesterday. Did it myself, so I know they are in the mail!

Adri – 45 miles yesterday?! WOW! Enjoy your day! Ah – I see you explained it to Wendy! :p

Jess – Oh, I’ll bet your all kinds of excited, nervous and scared out of your wits! You’ve been training so hard and so well, that you know you’ll do well. Tell your mom to have fun! I’m a Penn State fan myself, and loved going to the games when I lived there!

Hello everyone!!!!!

Well, I did it and it was GREAT!!!!!!! My hubby and I did it together and it took us 56:47. It was super hilly. I really enjoyed running on a trail, rather than the neighborhood. My body felt so much better afterwards. I got so much FREE stuff!!!! I thought it was funny that they give you free ice cream afterwards, but of course I had some. Thank you guys for all of the support. I was thinking of all of you.

Workout queen, CONGRATS on your 10k today. I don't know how I missed the fact that you were doing one too. It is such a great feeling isn't it? My husband and I are ready for a half now. We think big!!!

I will do more personals later. I am off to lunch.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.