:::CHEETAHS:::Saturday is here!!!!:::

Hello DOMS!}(

Yup, you guessed it. Meaner Legs did it's job. ;) It's not too bad YET but I have a feeling I'll be limping around later on. I knew I'd be sore this morning cause I could already feel it creeping up on me last night as I was getting ready for bed. :eek:

Yesterday after DH got home from work we tried to take DS down the road to go on some rides on the boardwalk. Unfortunately they were not open. They will open or not as they see fit early in the year when the weather is nice. I can not imagine why they were not open on a friday evening. They've been open during the week for cripes sake. Oh well. :-(

After that we headed to DH's current favorite place to eat...Outback...yes, AGAIN! LOL I ordered the crab cake appy which is small and then the small chicken ceasar salad which I barely ate half of. I also only had ONE slice of that yummy bread they bring out. I did good. :) After dinner we headed home, picked up the dog and brought him over to DH's cousin's house. DH's cousin had to put one of his dogs to sleep just before we left for FLA. His other dog has been depressed ever since. He loves to play with our dog so we went over there to give him some "play therapy". He immediately perked up when he saw Clyde.:)

From there we stopped at the store and then headed home for some late night Wii fun. Got to bed around midnight and up before 7 so I'm pretty tired. I see a nap in my future. ;)

It was a fun night overall.

GTG 4 now but I'll be back!:D

Gm, cheetahs! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif

First, gotta say: go, Jackie, go! Look forward to your race report. :)

Last night’s run didn’t go as planned. I stayed a little later at work to prep for next week for myself and for one of my dept. colleagues whose husband is starting chemo for Stage III colon cancer on Monday. :-( When I got home, it was actually HOT out there, so I decided I’d eat some dinner first & then wait until about 6-ish for my run. Long story short: something didn’t sit right and the stomach cramps were such that I had to lie down. I figured it would pass shortly, and I’d get out there. But I ended up dozing off and didn’t wake up til 9:30 pm. x( I’m kinda disgruntled because it was such a beautiful day, and I was looking forward to getting out there, but on the other hand, I can double up the next two days and still get in all the scheduled workouts for the week. Since the mileage won’t get intense for awhile, it’s not a major deal.

Jackie …my HM is hard to compare to anything because it poured rain during most of the race. I did lose some toenails after that one. I suppose Sunny’s just been busy. Hopefully, everything’s OK. Let's hope those cabinets get done soon.

Wendy…YAY! Love the thread title. :)...Glad Joey had a much better day…I never used to stop and walk through the stations---just made a mess of myself and/or choked :7…but the last couple of races I’ve done, I finally just slow to a walk til I’m done drinking…that way I actually take some in! *lol* Yesterday’s run (now today’s) called for 35 minutes. It’s interesting--Galloway’s plan measures by minutes during the week and by mileage for the long run. The Bingham book arrived last night (a day early, yay!), so I’ll take a look at his plan and do some tweaking…Your post about your grandma touched me b/c I felt the same about my Oma. She lived in Germany and passed when I was 12. There was this intense joy during visits but frequent separation, and then she was gone too soon. Sometimes I look at today's technology like the texting and webcams and I think it would have been so cool to have that back then. But I think that is why I still delight in snail mail letters and packages.

Wendi…wow! ^^^ 5s on the stellar performance!...my fingers are crossed that you’ll be happily moving in a new career direction, which is far more important than Chicago. There will be other GTGs, I’m sure!

Judy…your mention of the Quorn meatballs reminded me of my one cousin who takes a bunch of razzing for being vegetarian from the (literal) meatheads in the family…he hosted a gathering at his place this past winter and didn’t tell the guests til everyone was about to leave that the meatballs were tofu! I thought it was hilarious…Which rooms are you thinking of painting?

Dallas…smiling about your Poltergeist! Glad the quake wasn’t a big one. We had a small one about five years ago. I was teaching and it was like the floor “rippled.” Weird for those of us in areas unaccustomed to it.

Carole…Judy does have a dream workout room, doesn’t she?...so, what do you think of the Jump Snap? For some reason, I do not think this one will enable me, but heavy cheetah endorsement usually does me in. :)

Christine…you are just hilarious! I so look forward to meeting you in person. :7 …Kudos to DD15 on her belt placement! I feel the same about both the early bird thing and the need for downtime…Awww, that was a cute one from a normally zany (in a good way :)) site. Nice job getting in a workout though you’re still not feeling 100%.

Shelly…SO glad the new realtor is a decent one, and you’re feeling better about it…my fingers’ll be crossed that the house sells soon for you…holy moly! That was quite the marathon session…How was The Mikado?...Oh definitely…I’ll enjoy my workouts---but it’s a break from the constant mental spinning I will gladly welcome! I’ve never carried a phone before—just my car keys. Then again, when I raced before, my phone was GIGANTIC! *lol*

Have a great day, ladies!!!

edited to fix some typos

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I am hoping to golf today!

Cathy- I hope you enjoy that run with sunshine today. Ideally, the rooms to be painted include the kitchen & hearth, great room, hall and foyer (two story) and second floor hall, DH's study, and the (1st floor) master BR and bath. I am just ready after moving in almost 2 years ago to add my personality to our home. It will be a big job our first floor is 3000 square feet. We do not need to paint the dinning room TG.

Good Luck Jackie!

Christine- that is cool about DD. You are such a positive influence!

Dallas- good job on the run in spite of the late start with the Garmin. :) TG nobody was hurt in the mid western quake!

Wendy- You really created a challenging WO with jumpsnap and LL! How do you feel today? Do you have to run anytime soon?

Shelly- Did you enjoy the production ? I did not realize you had family in AZ that you will leave behind.

Carole- I did some de cluttering, but not enough.

Today is a rest day, but I will walk 18 holes. Also My pots need to be dropped off at this great little country green house. The people there will reuse your pots and fill them with flowers for less that I can do it buying flowers retail. I have to get my MIL's pots too. We will have them re-potted for Mom's day.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

GM Judy.

I thought about running today but I changed my mind. I will run on Monday like I usually do. Are you painting yourself or hiring someone? Sounds like a big job! Enjoy golf today. My DH and mom's BF golfed while we were in FLA and then my mom and her BF golfed 2 days in a row after DH and I were gone. I've never played anything but miniature golf and tried my hand ONCE at pitch n put. Um..it wasn't good. Not at all! LOL

Judy :: it does look to be a beautiful day...gotta visit the chiro first, but I look forward to getting out there...Wow, that's quite some painting you'll be doing. After seeing how fantastic your workout room looks, I'm sure the rest will turn out wonderfully, too. I love your style!...Enjoy golf today!

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Good morning Cheetahs!

Getting ready to head out for my race. It's just up the street from me. How cool is that having a race so close to home? I can be there in 2 minutes.

Wendy - Great job with Meaner Legs! So, you're enjoying that Jump Snap? Glad the family had a fun night together. How's Joey?

Cathy - Nice of you to help your co-worker out. Sorry the tummy kept you from your run. Ouch on the toenails! I lost one after a long run and I don't want to lose more. I'm pretty careful with the shoes I buy now. I have to make sure I have plenty of toe room.

Judy - Enjoy your rest and golf day.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies. I'd better scoot. I'll post when I get back.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...me posting to Cathy that I was still gagging was not from Scrapple....but...you LIKED it????..http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/justsad.gif[/img]...I think any kind of a circuit using LL will be a nice sweat fest, but doing it with JS...WOW...I bet you are sore!! Sounds like you had a fun evening last night...

Cathy...my prayers for your colleague's DH...sounds like a rough road. I think you are smart for not trying to run if you were not feeling good. And this is a good time as you are right, the mileage is not intense now. I will let you know how I like JS when I try it later. I used to jump rope a long time ago, it really works the calves.

Judy...I think decluttering is never ending. That is great about that flower pot place, I wish we had that here! Enjoy golfing.

Christine...that is cool about DD15 and her strong kicks for the Tae Kwon Do testing! Glad you are feeling better to. I was laughing ay myself as I was thinking where I could do JumpSnap and not hit anything....duh....there is no rope!!...I hope to try it out later. Good job with Athletic Step Jam..I liked that pic yesterday, I know I have seen it somewhere...:)

Shelly...I am glad you got a better realtor and feel better about your house. Wow..tough long workout and then the run...How was The Mikado? I have not tried JumpSnap yet, hopefully today. I am just happy about no rope to trip on!

Dallas...I got your message...:)...Glad you are trying out your Garmin, getting that 1st signal can take some time. I have gotten in the habit with putting mine outside, turning it on and going back in to stretch while it gets the signal.

Jackie..GOOD LUCK on the race today!!I hope to give JumpSnap a try today. I also remembered seeing and iClimb that used a jume rope (Maybe #24) and I will give that one a try eventually too.

I am planning on a mish mosh of Amy's kickboxing again, and yes, trying out JumpSnap (JS).

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cheethas!

Man did I sleep well last night! I haven’t for a few nights. So good to be back. We went out to dinner last night with a coworker and his wife. I strayed from my wine and had a foo foo cocktail! YUM! It was a Santana Row Sunset – more juice than booze. Then I had a tuna dish – very good. This morning is a run. We are busy socially today. We are going to lunch with DH’s boss (and our friends), then with them to a wine and chocolate tasting. YUM!!! That ends, we get a little down time then it’s a 30 minute drive (no, not 15 Carole :+) to go to a small town south of San Jose for a Good Bye party for my former boss and his wife (also friends) – they’re moving to Chicago. So Dallas if you’re looking for a woman who is a “party in a box” and her fun loving hubby to hang out with, I’m happy to introduce you! They are fun – a bit wild, but fun (she’s my age, he’s in his 60’s!). Then tomorrow I get to do all the things I would normally do today. :p

Go Jackie Go! Good luck today!

Wendy - Enjoy your DOMS!! That is silly that the boardwalk rides were not open Friday night when they’ve been open other nights! Good job at Outback. Kimo went into depression when Tucker died, but as we got Jimmy about three weeks later, she perked up then. It’s hard for them, too. Glad your cousin’s pup perked up!

Cathy – sorry to hear about your run, but hopefully today is as nice and you have lots of time for your run! I really look forward to meeting you, too! I think with so many of us there it’s going to be a riot. Thanks for the kudos for DD15. She’s excited especially as her DBF who is also joining is ranked a white belt. :+

Judy – Wow! That’s a lot of work! But I do love color in a house! Thanks for the kudos on DD15. Enjoy golf and that is great about the greenhouse! How fun! I love flowers, too.

Carole – I’m giggling at your wondering where you can do jumpsnap with enough room! That is sooo something I would do! Have fun with it today. I’m considering it. I think it would make a great cardio portion to a circuit workout. Have fun with your workout – sounds great!

Well, time to feed the dogs and give Kimo her insulin! Have a great day all!

Back from the chiro…Man, I think she’s a miracle worker. Will chill a bit more and then head out for my run.

Jackie :: very cool to have a race so nearby!...Yeah, I am really sick over my co-worker’s DH… He’d had surgery to remove the tumor and was scheduled to get chemo, but they just found out this week that it is stage 3. It was found in 11 lymph nodes. Now he has to have a really aggressive form. They are scared out of their minds, and we feel kind of helpless about how to help…the school raised money to help the family with dinners (they have two small children) and gas and toll money or whatever they might need…A few of us are trying to help her with lesson plans and materials, just to reduce her load a little…we also started leaving little surprises in her mailbox daily—a joke, some chocolate, an uplifting message. I’m a big Lance fan and have started wearing one of the yellow bracelets. Plan to keep it on until he completes the chemo in November. I just wish there was more we could do. I don’t want to think about the worst because she has had such a hard life, losing her father at 15. Her 2-year-old was very ill as a newborn, and last year, her mother had to have open-heart surgery. Her family is her world. It just seems so unfair.

Carole :: wha? Wendy LIKES scrapple? I missed that tidbit somehow!...No way I could have run yesterday—I was doubled over in pain. But it passed. I felt OK when I woke up. Musta been something I ate, I guess…It’s good there is still flexibility in the early stages of the program. I do the same with my Garmin. Have fun with Amy & JS! I've paged through Pain Free with much interest and will start some e-cises today after more careful reading.

Christine :: sounds like a fun day today! Enjoy your run. I do have lots of time today, and it is positively lovely out there. *lol* at DD15 lording it over DBF. Haaaaa! :7 So Ms. Kimo’s doing better?

Dallas :: just thought I would let you know--the chiro's ordered me a heel lift. Hope that does the trick for me.

OH! An FYI for anyone still considering Chicago, I read the following post by Hal Higdon on his forums:

I can tell you from a conversation I had with someone at the marathon office, that the actual number is around 40,000--but "you didn't hear that from me." I asked when the race might close and how soon people should register and my anonymous source said, "Soon!"

(Registration is capped at 45,000 entrants.)

Good morning cheetahs! Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend. I'll be working tonight, as usual. I work alot of the weekends... usually my choice but since I do the scheduling I normally screw myself to make everyone else happy. It'll be nice not to have to deal with that anymore! I went out with my parents and sis last nite to see a stage performance, complete with orchestra, of The Mikado... ALOT of fun. It was a professional touring opera company and they were great!

Jackie- Go get em Road Warrior Cheetah!!!! Wow, a race right down your doorstep practically :eek: Looking forward to your race report!

Christine- Sounds like a busy day for our social butterfly and her DH:) How long of a run today?

Carole- Oh dear... I'm really weakening on this Jump Snap! I think I will hold off tho until I relocate. It does sound like it would make a perfect cardio portion of a circuit workout.

Judy- Yes, My parents and twin sis are here but that's actually been unusual. We are all travelers and it was pretty much coincidence that we all ended up here together for the last 6 yrs... well, it will still be hard leaving them but it's not like I grew up here and I see them everyday.... hardly the case! Sounds like a big painting job ahead for you! I've just finished this house and will likely repaint our new house eventually :eek:

Cathy- I guess your body needed the rest alot more then the run yesterday. At this stage in the training wont make a bit of difference tho:) It will give you all that much more energy for your run today! How long are you going for?

Wendy- Wow! That JS/LL circuit sounds like a killer!! Gotta try that one eventually of course!}( Sorry the Boardwalk wasn't open for you last nite but sounds like you had a nice time anyway... great family nite out!

Dallas- What's on your plate for today? Primary hypertension (high BP that doesn't have a discernable cause) isn't hereditary.... I'm the only one in my family so cursed x( However, as you have discovered.. high cholesterol definitely does have a huge genetic component to it.

That pretty much catches me up for the day. Hi to all the cheetahs checkin in later! I'll head on down to the basement now for some kind of workout. I'd like to do some stepping and a circuit. Thinking of ASJ and maybe HSC but I may change my mind as a peruse the collection;-)

ShellyC

Jackie: GOOD LUCK on your race girl!!!! I don't even know how long it is. Can't wait to hear the report. Are you doing the same series you did last year or is this just a single race you picked out? :)

Carole: Um yeah. I liked the scrapple. Okay, so I never said I was normal!:p LOL I can't wait to hear what you think of Jump Snap. I admit I wasn't so sure about it at first but I think it's growing on me!;) I am sure once I use the weights in it, I will REALLY like it!}(

Christine: Wow you have alot goin' on today. Have fun! My DH's cousin plans to get a new puppy in the next few months I think. Not sure what they want. The dog that died was an Akita and the dog that they currently have is a Husky. The couple wanted a Great Dane at one point and the wife wanted a Yorkie as well so as you can see...they have a very wide spectrum of taste in dogs. Who knows what they'll end up with!:7

Cathy: I read your co-worker's story that you posted to Jackie. I welled up while reading it. How sad. :-( I will keep that family in my thoughts and prayers. I can see that she is surrounded by a very supportive group of co-workers. I am sure that helps ALOT. You know there ARE folks who survive late stage cancer. I know of 2 off hand. One is my DH's best friend and the other is a co-worker of DH's. Neither were expected to survive and both of them did so no one should ever give up hope even though I know it can be hard to remain positive.

My work out is done. I did a leetle bit of everything this morning. CTX chest work, Turbo Jam 20 min cardio and XFlowsion Calm Down Dog Yoga. I was very hungry by the time I was done with the chest and I had eaten breakfast before my work out! By the time the yoga was done I was ravenous!!! I amaze myself with how often/how much I need to/can eat at times. :9

Guess that's all for now. Need to hop in the shower.

BBL.:D

Shelly :: I guess! It seemed like a fluke thing. I feel fine today. I'll be doing the run as originally planned...35 minutes with either a brisk walk or perhaps EXT later...Glad you won't have the responsibility of scheduling at your next job...you deserve some weekends off!

Wendy :: That is good to hear b/c we feel at a loss for what to say, how to comfort. We're doing those little things and hope it makes things just a tiny bit easier for her, but it still feels so inadequate, ya know? I worry about her. You know the really strange thing? Remember the family friend who lost the cancer battle two years ago at age 36? His wife used to be this woman's BF throughout HS. What was such a shame with Michael is that he didn't want to get married until he hit the 5-year remission mark...he did...and then within a year or so of the marriage, the cancer was back. It took him quickly. I'm still haunted of the image of him in his casket...he was the picture of health and fitness, and the disease just ravaged his body.

I think I'd better head out for that run now.

Hey everyone!

Posh - I didn't get to post for a few days because of RL....but I did read your wonderfully, enabling post the other day! You had me cracking up!

Shelly - I am glad that you got a better realtor! I hope it all works out! Hmmm....regarding your comment to Dallas and the HBP...I have White Coat Syndrome. I used to be on Lopressor (starting at the early age of 21 x( But when I turned 40, my doc finally took me off of it and said I just didn't need it. My BP is always really good at home...but as soon as I get to the doc's office...or someone comes at me with a BP cuff....I feel my heart start pounding and my head feels like it is going to blow off. :+ And it is always high. Then...I go home and it is 100/60, 90/60, 110/70 at the highest. I "hate" that! Now, I know studies are showing that even if it is WCS...you should be on meds. What do you think about that? Ooops...sorry...didn't mean to make this so long!

Wendy - Great job on your workout! Your LL DOMS is making me want to pull mine out. I have been neglecting lower body and abs too much. wow! You did good at Outback! I don't do so well! x(
That is nuts about the Boardwalk!

Christine - Glad you slept well last night! That sounds like a lot of fun! Sooo...Kimo is still doing better? I will have to go back and read the past couple of day's posts. Hope she is! I do remember when poor Tucker died and you said Kimo was depressed. Isn't it so sad when your other animals grieve over their lost pals. When Morgan died, my kitty (Corey) would go up to everyone that would visit, look up at them and meow and meow..just like she was telling them the story about Morgan. She cheered up when we got Madison and literally acted like she thought she was "raising" her.

Cathy - Wow! So Chicago is filling up really fast!! Yikes! I talked to my running buddy that I was going to ask to travel with me and run it....but she said she can't go to Chicago at that time and is going to do Marshall. So, since I had already told her I would do Marshall with her...I guess I won't be able to go to Chicago. I really, really wanted to run with you guys! If it wasn't for the fact that I know I couldn't do 2 so close together...I would do it anyway!! Maybe we can get together for another one later! :7 I hope your stomach cramps are better! Sorry you had to miss your run....but good that you rested!:)

Jackie - Good luck on your race today!!! Can't wait to hear how it went!! That is so cool that your race is so close!

Carole - I purchased Jump Snap at Sharper Image ....(or was it Brookstone?) anyway....when we went to Vegas in the fall. I have not used it at all. :-( I really need to take the batteries back out, so I won't ruin it. I do think it would be great to use with circuits. Let me know what you think of it and maybe I will use mine :+ Enjoy your kickboxing Mish Mosh with Amy!!

Judy - Enjoy your golfing and "potting" today!

I ran 8 miles with my running buddy today. I really have got to get in there and do some abs! I have only done abs twice this week. :eek:

I mentioned this in my post to Cathy, but I won't be able to do Chicago. Since I had told my Running Buddy that I would do the Marshall Marathon with her first, I am going to go ahead and do that one. I was hoping she would be able to go to Chicago and run that with us....but she can't. So I will be doing Marshall. I would love to run with you guys! But I will sure be cheering you on! And ....hopefully....you guys can cheer me on in Nov. for Marshall! Hey...anyone that wants to come here to Huntington WV....come on and run with us!!!! :>) We also have a 1/2 marathon and a relay at that time.

Hi to everyone else that checks in, or is MIA! :7

I will talk to you guys later!!

Linda

I'm back! The race was fun. No PR for me but it was a good race. My time was 28:40. I came in 4th overall out of about 60-65 runners. I came in first in my age group and first overall female. My knee hurt some but don't think it hindered my run. I need to work on my breathing. There were a few baby hills enough to make me go slower and there was one going to the finish line. So, I couldn't get that last sprint in. I know now that I need to get back outside more and continue to work on my endurance. I still clocked a 9:22 mile. The run was for the elementary school. It was fun to see the kids participating. They also had a fun walk for those that didn't want to participate in the 5K. The temp was about 48 and a little cool for me but I quickly warmed up.

As soon as I got home, I had to leave because the blind installer was at the new house. Went and got him started and came back and showered and had breakfast. I now have countertops but they didn't finish because they broke one of the sinks in the master bath. So, yet another delay waiting on them to get back. Oh, well, one day I'll be in that new house.

Carole - I turn my Garmin on when I go out the door and by the time I get to my run location, it's ready to go. The jump rope iClimb is #24. I like it a lot. Have a fun workout.

Christine - Glad you got a good night's sleep. Enjoy your day with friends.

Cathy - Glad the chiro visit was good. Will say a prayer for your co-worker and her DH. That is so sad. It's so nice of everyone to a little something special for her. Wow, she has been through a lot. How was your run? Thanks for the info on the Chicago mary. I need to make up my mind really soon.

Wendy - I'm not doing the Road Race Series this year. I got a little burned out on running training for it and running the series. This was just a single race.

I'll be back later. Blind installer is finished. Have to go and lock up.

Jackie

Jackie - That is wonderful! 4th OVERALL! Plus 1st in your age group! That is great! Oh dear....sorry about them braking the sink!

Hi all ! I'm back after having done the ME/BC combo and then ASJ... I'm pretty fried now and ready for a nap!

Jackie- Congratulations on your first place finish!!! WTG:7 :7 :7

Linda- Nice to hear you are doing okay:) The white coat syndrome you refer to is basically stress induced hypertension. I don't think I agree that you need meds for that. What damages the heart and other organs is sustained prolonged high BP. I've looked up the Marshall marathon... looks like a nice one! I'm reminded of that football movie now. Looks like a beautiful area!

Gotta go nap now:)

Shelly

Aaaahhhhh, I feel better now. I was soooo tired from not getting enough sleep last night. I took a 30 min nap and now I feel refreshed. Ofcourse, I have energy now w/nothing to use it on except for housework. ACK! LOL

Cathy: So how'd your run go? There are many diseases whose risk will lessen with a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately, most types of cancer do not fit into that category. Just like Randy Paush-the guy that was on Oprah-he was the picture of health but yet he was told he only had a few months to live. :-(

Shelly: Wow, I can't believe you had the energy to do ASJ after the BC/ME combo! I did BC/ME before leaving on vaca and it whooped my butt all over the place. You are my hero!:)

Linda: So will Marshall be your first full mary? Too bad you can't make Chicago but if you promised your friend you'd do Marshall and she can't switch up to Chicago then you are right to stand by your original plan. I am sure Cathy knows you'll be cheering her on from wherever you are that day though. :D

Jackie: Great race! Do you have another one lined up already? Sorry about the sink in the new house. Yeah, you'll move in some day. You seem to be taking the set-backs in relative stride. Good for you. Life is too short. :)

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.