::: Cheetahs ::: Saturday, 9/9

Hey Cathy! Good morning to all!

Okay so I have noooo clue what work out to do today. I'm all messed up! I went and made plans to run with my friend tomorrow morning not realizing it totally put a wrench in my rotation for the week! *grumble moan* I don't want to cancel though as I am excited to do this with her! Here's what I've done so far...please help me fill in the blank that is today.

1) Elliptical
2) RttC + running class
3) MIC hi/lo
4) ME u/b premix + 5k run
5) ???
6) 5k run
7) rest

So I am supposed to be doing legs today. I normally would think nothing of it but with tmrw's run being very hilly I am a bit hesitant. *sigh* I am also already going beyond my 4 days of cardio w/tomorrow's run so I really don't want to plug in some cardio today if I don't have to! Do you think L&G will kill me? I didn't get DOMS from it last time....What do you all think??

Judy ~ Yes, my paper did get written…thank you for asking. :) I think I was able to bang it out in about 2-3 hours. How was your run of rolling hills yesterday?

Carole ~ You mentioned the calorie count on your Garmin…do you think it is overestimating? I do agree that it is helping me train harder & pick up speed. Any word on John?

Wendy ~ I have noticed that after backing off from running a little & incorporating more cross training in the last two weeks, some of the pains I’d been having have been alleviated. I hear you on TTOM…some months it’s worse than others. Is that stroller ready to roll yet? I have a feeling you are going to be one of those tough moms/dads who run races with those things and blast past me! I’m not sure about your rotation question…I don’t usually do them (though I think I may try to)…but anyway, I’m gonna say: do legs fit in there today? Maybe legs and yoga? I look forward to hearing what the cheetahs in-the-know have to say.

Jess ~ Yeowch. I hope Greg’s feeling a little better today. I also get breakouts in the chin/jawline area now. Adult acne SUCKS –I had really smooth skin until age 27 and then all hell broke loose. At the moment, it’s manageable, but it definitely flares up and seems to be hormonal. More adorable pics…Allison's such a cutie in her little skirt…I like the one where’s she leaned up against the wall. And the van looks NICE. You are so good about taking pics and uploading them quickly! You don’t find KM difficult??? Damn, girl, you must be superhuman.

Jennifer ~ Enjoy your last run today before the half. How do you feel?

Adri ~ I know what you mean…the cheetah check-in has become a daily ritual…can’t go without it! Stinks about the practice being cancelled w/out anyone telling you. KM *killed* me. Maybe that’s what it stands for. Kill Me. Kill me now. Oh yeah, those leg conditioning drills were NUTS. I think by the end my foot was only 6 inches off the floor. lol :)

Susan :: Personally, I can see KM getting less action in the rotation. I love k’boxing and thought it was extremely challenging, but there was a little too much jumping for my tastes. That stuff’s just a bit too hard on the knees. I modified and am wondering…can you build up to doing the jumps? Can the knees get stronger for it? Don’t feel bad…my calorie intake has been a little on the high end lately. I think school will help me get back in my zone.

Elaine :: You know, I really like KPC… between that and KM, I’d have to say it’s my favorite of the two. Not as enthused about KM…besides the high impact, it also had a couple of short segments with a *bit* too much choreography for me (but nowhere near Imax2!). Anyway, I think KPC is OK in that regard. Maybe you’ll get the hang if you give it another try or two. If I can do it, I think anyone can bc I seriously do have two left! Therefore, Rhythmic Step -- I know just by the name I should avoid it. lol

Now a general question...Would any of you cheetahs be interested in any of the following VHS tapes?
-Abs Yoga (Rodney Yee)
-Yoga Practice for Strength (Rodney Yee)
-Kathy Smith New Yoga
-Ali McGraw Yoga Mind & Body
-Aaron Lankford’s Power Kicks
-Knockout Workout w/ Stephanie Steele

I listed them on eBay and none sold, but if any cheetah(s) were interested, you could gladly have them. Let me know.

Hi to Laurie, Christine, Laura, Barb (Party weekend!), Mattea (been MIA lately—busy with school?), Shelly, Gayle, Pamela, Marcia, Katie (how’s the back?), Thomasina, Natalie, Wendy Marie, Colleen, Katrina, Dina, and anyone I’m inadvertently forgetting here. I know as soon as I get good about remembering, we will get more new cheetahs on board…lol.

Have a great day, everyone! Not sure about my workout. Will probably run and do GS BSB today.

-Cathy :)

Hi Running Friends

Cathy- the rolling hills were a nice WO yesterday. There were times where I had to really push but it ended nicely, In fact I pushed it to 6 miles. We have an extension where we can make it 6 and still end up at our car. We do need more routes though. The canal can be boring, becasuse we can see our end point for a really long distance before we get to it (at least a half mile) I am interested in trying some park trails, but I can't get my friends interested.
( I wish I lived nesr Carole!)

Jes- Glad to hear Grag is on the mend

Wendy- Let us know how you like that stroller.

Elaine- RS took me several tries to get it right. KPC can be a great sweat maker, just keep trying or previewing after a WO if you have time.

Jennifer -good luck on the up coming half.

This is the weekend of Barb's parties.
Lets send her ~~~GOOD VIBES~~~~

Hello to all weekend Cheetahs!!!!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hey Girls:) Just waking up here, fuelling up with a banana and a coffee and heading out soon for a 6K run. I have to work at 10:00 but it looks like I'll be home around noon if no-one books last minute. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I would love to come home early to mow my lawn. I'm so excited, my brother Michael is coming to visit from British Columbia, haven't seen him in 2-1/2 years:eek: He's a 6'6" teddy bear and gives the worlds bestest hugs. He'll be here Monday to Friday and I'm so looking forward to spending time with my Wiko (my nickname for him, he calls me Lolly:D )

Cathy, you made me laugh yesterday with your 'kick-my-a$$-Max', too funny! I should do what you're doing and get rid of some of the VHS that I don't use anymore. I recently tried to sell them to a used book/CD store but they don't take VHS anymore and workout tapes don't seem to sell at yard sales. Thanks for asking about Andy, he's doing very well, he's lost so much weight but is just starting to be able to eat more. His colour has perked up very nicely.

Wendy, hope you get a good workout in today. I'm no help with rotations, I never have a plan although I've loved this half training as I don't have to think about what to do, I just do what I'm told.

Jess, I had a dream about you last night, we met by chance at a festival and chatted about running and our Girls, it was very nice to meet you:7 :+

Gotta lace up and GO!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Cathy and Judy, Yes, the stroller is ready to go...I just have to find the time to use it now! LOL

Laurie, Enjoy your run this morning!

I'll probably just do L&G today...I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. If I were actually RACING tomorrow I would not but since it's just a fun run with a friend it's no biggie. :)

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy..that is COOL you will run the race course. I think L&G would be good for today...

Cathy...http://bestsmileys.com/signs15/11.gif[/img] with KM!!! About the calorie counter in the Garmin it seems high to me and the funny thing is I have a polar HRM that seems low....I guess you cannot make me happy!! John is doing very good in rehab so far. It was just a push to get him there. He has done so well he got a day pass to go out to lunch with some friends this weekend.

Judy...I'd love to take you on some trails! Sounds like you had a good run.

Laurie...have a good run! That is great you get to spend some time with your brother..:) If he is anything like you then he is a nice guy!

Adri...sorry about your practice...:(...thanks, I feel better when my speed improves.

I am doing some kind of circuit today, I just don't know which one yet...:)

Have a good day

Susan...I am enjoying the Garmin. Chevys is good! My weakness has always been Mexican food!!

Good Morning Sekcy Cheetahs!!
Today I had a great run this morning!!! It was awsome the weather was BEATIFUL here!!!! I really enjoyed it this morning. I did a 4.5 almost 5 mile run. I guess the weather didn't hear me when I said I was jogging today!! I'm glad. Today at the gym will be chest, back, abs and my run was my cardio.

Wendy- How about you try KM in the black spot? I love that w/o! I hope you have a fun run tomorrow with your friend! Another thing, how about doing leg work the day after your run or something? Just a thought;-) Try L&G. I love that w/o! Good Luck:)

Cathy- LOL Cathy!! Thanks for the laugh:D COme on, admit it, you LOVE the leg conditioning drills}( }( :+ Your totally right! I feel so much better in the morning when I do just a quick check in and come back after school and do some personals then. I just love talking to you guys even for just a second. I dunno why I dunno how to explain it. Your guys are great:) I look forward to checking in everyday! I'd be interested in the Ali McGraw Yoga Mind & Body! Sounds very relaxing.

Judy- I'm sending Barb ~~~GOOD VIBES~~~ with ya Judy;-) Whats your w/o for today? Hope you have a great one:)

Laurie- I'm keeping my figers crossed for you Laurie!! We want our cheetah home:+ I hope your brother has a wonderful visit! Damn he's tall}( does he play basketball? If not why not sign him for the NBA:p

Carol- I think most HRMs are alittle off in the calorie count. When I get one I'll just look at the number and say well a I burned pretty close to the number;-) I want Carol to do Boot Camp today for circuit}:)7 LOL

Hi to any other cheetah who hasn't checked in yet. Will BBL. Have a wonderful day!!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri...I am glad the weather cooperated for your run...:)...BC???? There is now way!!! BC scares me to death....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/v/hairraise.gif[/img]

Happy Saturday Cheetahs!

It's a beautiful morning here in NY, I got in a 6 mile run in the neighborhood. Gosh, running outdoors is so different than on a TM!

Yesterday I did Step Works. Boy, that's definitely an oldie but goodie. One hour of solid cardio.

Cathy~You are one "detailed" cheetah, you do such a great job on the posts! I agree with Carole--very funny about the KM comment! I must admit, I love the KM Blast. I usually add it on at the end of my cardio WO when I need a little extra something. Makes a great short WO too!

Wendy~Good luck tomorrow. I think you should also be okay with LG. If not, you can do an LG premix. Last week I did the one with just ankle weights. It was nice, short and sweet!

Judy~Nice job on the rolling hills WO!

Laurie~Have a good run and enjoy your brother.

Carole~I know what you mean about the HRM. By the way, I broke down and bought the Polar Running HRM 200 RDS.I figured I try it. Plus, it was a wee bit cheaper ;). Since I do a lot of treadmill running, I wondered if the Garmin would still track my distance?---I know it still has a HRM but I figured maybe this one suites me better. I'll see. Sounds like you really are enjoying yours though:)!

Adri~Glad you had a great run and beautiful weather also:).

Have a great day everyone and to all that follow,

Katrina:)

Cheetah checking in!! I did my 12 miles this morning! I ran w/ Erin & Lea joined us for part of the way. She did her longest run yet- 9 miles!! She's really doing great & enjoying it too. Erin's knee started hurting about mile 8 so we walked a bit & then stayed close to home (we did a 9 mile loop to start with). She ended up walking a bit & I ran ahead of her for about a mile & back to her & then she ran back home w/ me & I finished up 12 around the block. I was happy w/ my run, 9:26 pace which would have been faster if it hadn't been for a few extra walk breaks w/ Erin, but that's ok. I wouldn't ditch my friends. ;-) My last mile was my fastest too, I kicked it up a bit to an 8:36 pace so I was happy w/ that.

Greg's feeling better this morning. Still sore of course & he said he accidentally rolled over on his tummy in his sleep & that woke him up real quick! My IL's called & are coming to visit a bit this afternoon. No big deal, they're easy to entertain & the girls love having them visit!

I'm off to shower & head outside w/ the kids. It's a beautiful morning! Have a great day!

Hugs,

Hey Cheetahs!!

Carol- LOL!! Come on you can't be afraid of alittle cardio wieght training...8 times through}( }( LOL. How about HSTA? 4 words or yeah...Hell w/ Leg Presses}( LOL

Jess- Great run this morning! 12 miles is great Keep it up;-) I think your DH should run w/ you more often}(LOL

Katrina- Glad you had a great fun this morning too!! The weather has accually been pretty good latley ha! ITs great we can get our runs in
:+ keep up the great work!

Hi to all other Cheetahs!! Enjoy this great day:)

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Thank you so much for your good luck wishes, ladies :). I do feel better (not quite 100% yet, but getting there!), and I am off to my run!

I think it'll go well, but it can't hurt to cross some fingers *hee*.

Jennifer

Good Morning Jennifer!
Hope you have a great run today! My fingers are crossed for you cheetah;-)

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good Afternoon!

No time for personals today, but checking in quickly - sorry! Did a 5 mile walk/jog on the beach pushing a jogging stroller and my 16 month old niece. That was fun - hard work though! I was helping out my sister who was trying to pack and little Miss Avery decided she had to be held. She took a nice nap, and woke up just in time for me to point out the big pelicans (brown pelicans) who were floating on the ocean eating the huge schools of fish that you could actually see in the breakers. That was pretty cool. Now Avery is in a good little mood. She's so cute! Hope y'all have a great day! As soon as my sis and her family leave, dad and I are off to tackle more boxes...

Hi again-

Just came back to post the WO from this morning: Gym Style Floor legs, my own tough abs and stretches and 55" on the elliptical in interval mode. My Average Heart rate, according to the machine was 165.

How is everyone's Saturday? DH and DS will be back early this evening so DH and I will have a date night. I have a 50th anniversay party to attend late this afternoon, I will just have appetizers at it and save my dinner for DH and I.

Christine the run on the beac hwit hthe neice in the jogger must have been a nice change of pace.

Carole- It is nice to hear that your newpehw got to go out to lunch!

HI to everyone :7

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

hey cheetahs,

I was just thinking that maybe we could share tips on running that we all have experienced. What helped us get faster,go longer distances,helped with fueling during runs,what helped us become better runners? anything that might help someone else. I know for me just sticking with walk/running until I could run the entire distances helped me. running longer runs definately helps with endurance and I try to do at least one interval run or some farklets thrown in a run to help with speed,not that I am fast, Istill have a long way to go in that area but I have cut over a minute off my 5k times in a yeear. I would love to hear what has helped all of you,maybe I would learn something new.!!

I did end up getting off of work early so I went and saw my friend Andy. All of his pathology/histology reports are in and the cancer was contained to the tumor!!! No chemo, no radiation!! He's a very mellow, logical guy and said that he hasn't processed the fact that he had cancer let alone the free and clear prognosis. It was a relaxed visit and I left feeling very happy and peaceful. Had a fab run this morning, I dare say that 6K is pretty easy breezy these days:) We'll see how I feel after 18K tomorow}(

Carole, that's awesome that John got a pass, time with friends and a change of scenery will no doubt do wonderful things for his spirit. I've really noticed that 'calories burned' stats greatly vary from equipment to equipment. I have to honest, I haven't even been wearing my HRM lately, I felt bound by it and kept chaffing under it,....I NEED a Garmin, is it too early to talk to Santa:+

Adri, sounds like a very nice run. Yeah, my brother is TALL, he used to play basketball but he spends his play time on the golf course now:)

Katrina, sounds like good weather all around. Glad you could get out and enjoy the outdoors, there'll be lots of time for TM's come winter;-)

Jess, way to go Fast Cheetah!

Jennifer, *finger's crossed*, hope it was a good one!

Christine, I go far too long without seeing little ones these days. Avery sounds like a doll!

Laura, that's great that you have shaved a minute off of your time. I'm very aware of my times these days and am amazed at how hard it is to decrease times (for me;-)). I've definitely noticed that time of day makes a huge difference for me. My early morning run times are consistently better than if I run afternoon. I tried gels (after running 1 hour or more) with limited success and ran 18K with a carb bar last week. I just took little nips and washed them down. For me it worked much, much better than gels. The consistency of gels gags me x(

I'm off to go shopping for fall running gear. The time for shorts and tank tops is coming to an end and I want to be ready for whatever Mother Nature is dishing out!

Take Care
Laurie

>I'm off to go shopping for fall running gear. The time for
>shorts and tank tops is coming to an end and I want to be
>ready for whatever Mother Nature is dishing out!
>
>Take Care
>Laurie

I've been thinking about that shopping spree myself Laurie but I'm afraid of how much $$ I'll spend!:eek: :eek: :eek:

}( LOL}(

OY! It's been one of those days ladies!

Joey got up waaay too early this morning and has consequently been in a mad mood almost all day long. x( I have yet to work out and at this point, I honestly don't think it is going to happen...

I think I am going to take an unscheduled rest day and start my week over tomorrow.

I could still try to get my work out in but DH came home from workin' o/t and hit the bed for a nap b/c he got very litle sleep last night. Joey is up for a nap but considering how he's been today, he's not likely to stay up there long enough for me to finish my work out. Plus, I am at my wits end after dealing w/him today so I am planning on going out for a little while tonight. Add all of that together and that makes for very little time to work out.

I missed my window of opportunity earlier this morning when Joey went down for a 2 hour nap...I actually crawled back into bed for a while...I usually never do that...now I know why!:p

Okay, I'm done complaining! Thanks for listening! Hopefully I can go out for a bit and blow off some steam and Joey will be good for his dad!

Have a great evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.