::CHEETAHS::Saturday 9/23::

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hello Cheetahs!:)

Well, I went to bed nice and early tonight to make sure I am rested up for the race and wouldn't you know that I woke up just before 2am and couldn't fall back to sleep!?!? x( x( x( So here I am...drinkin' some decaf coffee and praying for some more shut eye before I have to get up...

I am feeling the beginnings of some U/B DOMS from HSTA yesterday! }( I am hoping the race/run will help work it out a bit as I'll be moving my arms.

I guess I don't have to tell y'all what my planned w/o for today is!:p I'm starting to feel a bit jittery now. I am starting to doubt that I can do this and that is silly b/c I have run that distance many times over now! I am just being a goof! I DO have to remember though, not to start off too fast. I held a faster pace during my outdoor run last week but couldn't make it to 5k so I have keep it slower today...until the end anyway. }(

I really hope I enjoy this experience. It would stink to look forward to doing this and then not even appreciate it, ya know?

We were considering going out to my all-time favorite pizza place w/my son, mom and her friend for an early dinner after the race but that plan has changed. We have a gc to a really nice italian restaraunt here in town that we haven't used yet so my mom is going to take DS for the night (from the race) and DH and I will relax for the afternoon and then go for dinner at this restaraunt. I'm looking forward to it! :9

Jess, I'll be thinking of you!!! I can't wait to hear all about your experience! I can not even phathom attempting a marathon but I can remember not too long ago when you were where I am at so I know all things are possible, right? ;) Maybe some day....Anyway, best of luck to you and your friends! I know you'll all do FANTASTIC!!!!:+

Okay, well it's 3am...I now have 3 hours left of sleep time...I guess I should give it a shot even though I don't feel particularly sleepy at this point.

I'll be back once the sun starts to rise!;)

Wendy--

Good luck today. You will do great. :7 Just focus on each segment of the run (which is what Sarah told me to do for my half) and it worked. Just be in each segment of what you do and do the very best you can.

I read in Hal Higdon's marathon training book that not enough sleep before a race isn't such a big deal as long as you were rested overall in the majority of time before.

Today is UB weights for me
Did the elliptical at the gym where my DS swims last night for 45 " and it was fun--doing something new. Weird thought to exercise in the evening rather than my regular early a.m. time.

Go Wendy! Go Wendy! Go Wendy!!!!!

Barb
:) :)

Hey Barb!

Thanks for the advice! :) What upper body work out are you doing today? So was yesterday your first whirl on an elliptical machine? They are pretty cool and a great C/T exercise for runners so they say! I exercised in the evening religiously for years when I was working full time. I could NEVER get my butt outta bed early enough and be awake enough to do what I do before work! :eek: LOL On occasion, I will still exercise in the evening if it works out better that way but I must admit, getting it "out of the way" early is a nice sense of accomplishment. :) Ofcourse, when I say EARLY, I NEVER start working out before 7am and to some that's probably way too late already! :7 :p

Happy Saturday, cheetahs!

Wendy :: it SUCKS that you had a bout of insomnia the night before your race. Hope you managed to get some more zzz's. Don't freak ~ you're going to do GREAT, and I really think you'll LOVE racing. For a 1st 5K, I'd say your goal should be just to finish and have fun! And remember: the cheetahs are with you in spirit!! :)

Barb :: I used to be a strictly-morning exerciser, but I have had to adjust that bc of teaching. I still prefer to knock out my workout in the AM, but I have become fairly disciplined (most of the time) about working out in the afternoon/evening even when I'm feeling beat. Last night was an exception, though...lol...I'd planned to do KPC but fell asleep on the couch! :) OOPS!

Today it looks a little dark and gloomy...I didn't think it was supposed to rain today...I was tempted to take a drive down to the shore, but instead I think I'm just going to relax & enjoy some quiet this morning and then get to KPC + some weight work at some point today. Maybe I'll punish myself w/ ME again. Then again, I have yet to break in SS & PP...

Hope everyone has a great day! Will be checking in later for personals. Haven't had as much time for that this week but I have been reading posts to try & stay caught up.

-cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Wendy and Jes and Karen - BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR RACES THIS WEEKEND!!!!

Be sure to come back and give us race reports :)

Yesterday afer my ill feeling run, I did a good leg stretch and a long shower. Then I had chills and fevor. I didn't even want my post run coffee (highly unusual) I went to lay down and stayed there most of the afternoon. Last night I felt better, but still slep all night. I must have been exhausted or fighting a little something. Today will just be stretching. yoga maybe?

I don't think it was a good plan to do Imax followed by an 8 mile run which for me is my longest run yet. I will do the same run on Monday after resting to see how it feels. I did it last Monday but only 7.8 and felt fine. The weekly rotation may have to be rethought.

Have a fantactic Saturday Cheetahs :7 .

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hi Wendy--thanks for the encouragement i.e. the elliptical. I liked it and felt like it has good potential for running XT.

I did upper body on BC & ME this a.m. Fun -- did the slideboard to work outer & inner thighs a bit of hip flexibility and KPC abs.

Judy--even if IMax + 8-mile run may have been a bit too much, it sounds like you definitely had/have a bug. Hope you continue to feel better today. Congrats on reaching the long distance.

Cathy-thanks for the encouragement to just go with the flow in terms of giving up being an a.m.-only exerciser. I feel so much better to get it out of the way in the a.m., even if I'm tired -- but with my new work/kids/home schedule this fall, I need to open my mind to saying some days will be a p.m. workout.

have a great Saturday Cheetahs -- and Racers: Wendy, Karen & Jess -- go Cheetahs go.
You will do great!!

Hi to everyone else checking in later. I hope to be back for personals this afternoon!
Gotta go to work now.

-Barb
:) :) :)

Katrina :: I missed the Grey’s Anatomy premiere. How was it? I don’t have Tivo. :-(

Wendy :: re: the race…I’m not sure exactly how to get there yet, either. But I’m thinkin’ we could meet at/near the registration table??

Carole :: When I got KPC, it put all the other k’boxing workouts to shame. I still hung onto Kathy Smith’s K’boxing, but I have a feeling I wouldn’t break much of a sweat w/ that one now. Glad you’ve been reaping the benefits of your recovery week.

Karen :: lots of luck today in your race!

Laura :: I don’t have kids, but between teaching, grad school, and trying to fit in some semblance of a personal life :), it is hard to fit in the workouts at times. I hear you on that. Hmm, did you change BC recently? Working out seems to be having the opposite problem for me – they are getting smaller! Now if only that would happen to my A$$!

Judy :: maybe it was too much, doing all that back-to-back. Hope it’s not a cold. Seems like EVERYONE around me is sneezing and hacking lately. Lots of germs going around. Maybe a total rest day is in order. Hope you feel better quickly!

Jess :: sounds like you and the girls had a fun day at school. They are really lucky to have a mom so involved in their lives as you are. Are you ready for tomorrow??? :) Hope it stays dry for you. Seems like you’ve had A LOT of rain lately. Sorry to hear about your grandmom not doing well.

Jennifer :: congrats on your Maui Half! I’m a slow cheetah myself, but I try not to get too hung up on times in relation to others. I’m always just trying to better my own times, and you did that, so that’s GREAT! Besides, think about it this way – the majority of people, even many considered fit – wouldn’t be able to even finish 13.1 AT ALL!! So, way to go, cheetah!! You done good. :) Glad to see ya back.

Adri :: homework on a Friday?? Ugh. I never do that…I always tell my kids the weekends are for you to go home, be with your families & friends, develop your outside interests, RELAX, and come back ready to learn on Monday. I think many teachers pile on way too much. I look at it this way…if my boss forced me to work overtime or take home hours and hours of extra work every single night of the week, I’d hate my job. Hope you enjoyed your “light” workout day, anyway. ;-)

Barb :: I know exactly what you mean – I love the feeling of accomplishment of getting my workout done in the morning and then only having to take one shower. It also seems to set a positive tone for the entire day. But I guess I’ve accepted the fact that during the school year, it’s just not going to happen during the week. And the good thing is, you really can re-train your body to work out at a different time of day. Now even on the weekends, I sometimes work out in the afternoon instead of the morning.

Hi to Colleen, Laurie, Shelly, Christine, Susan, and a bunch of folks we haven’t heard from lately: Thomasina, Gayle, Pamela, Marcia, Mattea, Dina, Wendy Marie, and Natalie. Sorry if I've forgotten anyone. Having had to learn the names of 100 kids in the past two weeks has me in a fog! :)

-cathy :)

EDITED TO REMOVE AN ANNOYING TYPO ~ IT'S THE ENGLISH GEEK IN ME
:p

ps...I wish these forums had bold, italics, and color.

G'morning Cheetahs!!! Of course, I tried to sleep in & was still awake at 6:45!! Oh well, that was still sleeping in compared to getting up at 4:45!! Rainy & grey day today, I'm hoping that means it will clear off by tomorrow!!!

I made some ww/ oat pancakes for breakfast & now have to finish packing up. Gotta make sure to pack the swim suits for everyone, the girls can't wait to swim!! :p I have the most important things packed - my running clothes & shoes, Garmin, gels, and Body glide!!!

Thank you soooo much for your awesome support. You will defintely be w/ me in spirit, I plan to remember often that I'm a cheetah to keep my legs going! ;-)

Wendy ~ You are gonna do great & love the racing!! I just know it! I'll have to read your report after I get back!

Karen ~ Good luck to you too & I please post a report when you can!!

I should have some down time next week to post to everyone, I plan on taking a couple days off to let my muscles recover! Then I'll see what I'm up to, I'm ready to hit at least some upper body weights again!!

OK, better go get packin'!! I'll *see* ya on the other side of 26.2 miles!!!!

Wendy: hoog luck, girl!! You'll kick butt, I'm sure of it :). And I always have trouble sleeping before an event--it's all that adrenaline pumping through you!

Barb: I'm a morning exerciser like you and I have a really tough tinme adjusting to evening exercise. I had to get used to our Tuesday evening track workouts when I joined TnT last year, and a year and a half later, I'm STILL getting used to them!

Cathy: you using "punish" and ME in the same sentence kind of scares me LOL. I haven't tried my ME yet (I just got GS and want to do a rotation of those first), so I don't know what to expect! And thanks for the congrats :).

Judy: yikes, chills and a fever? Hope you feel better soon!!

Jess: can't wait to hear how the marathon goes!! Sending good vibes your way :)

Was going to run this morning with a friend, but my friend woke up not feeling too well--I think the effects of Maui are just now starting to hit her--and I'm still on Hawaii time too, so I think I will take it easy today and cross-train (though I'm not sure KPC qualifies as "taking it easy" LOL). Don't want to do anything to jeopardize the SJ Half in 2 weeks!!

Jennifer

Jess Wendy & Karen - :D

I'll read the posts later. Plan to run 4miles today but wanted to say Best Wishes on your races Cheetahs.

Judy. I know it's hard to hold a Cheetah down but I hope you feel better soon.

Hi to all.

Colleen

Good morning Sekcy Cheetahs!!!
Today at the gym is chest, back, some abs, and my run I did this morning. I woke up pretty early this morning (for a saturday and being a teen(}:)+) and went for a run at 8:15. I was planning on 4.5 miles like normal, but it ended up to be just over 3. It started raining more than just a sprinkle like when I started. Then I stopped at the 3 mile point, called my mom, and cooled down with a short walk. It really started pouring then! We're supposed to have t'storms later today and tomorrow. Wish they would close school!!:+

Jess, Karen, and Wendy- ((((((((((GOODLUCK)))))))))) cheetahs!!!!! I wish you 3 the best of the best!!! I'll be thinkin boutcah all day today!!! love you guys!

Wendy- Sorry to hear you didn't get good sleep. It may just be cuz your so used to gettin up early that when you went to bed early your body thought it was like 4}( I dunno but I hope you get good rest today cheetah! we love yea:*

Cathy- I know how you feel. I didn't think it would rain this morning either. The weather said tonight and all day tomorrow so I ran this morning. Geeeez I think weather dudes are full of crap:D And thanks for your thoughts about "friday homework" Geeez teachers think that now-a-days us teens just play games and crap. No just becuz teachers are fat doesn't mean all us don't workout}( I would like a b!tch and I like it that way!

Judy- I don't think so either you crazy cheetah!!! IMAX followed by 8 miles is crazy girl}( It would definaltey be a good workout though;-) Hope you feel better soon!

Jess- Hope your rainy and gray day gets better for yea!

Jennifer- Glad to see you again!! I really missed yea cheetah;(

Hi Colleen, Barb, and all cheetahs who pop in later. Love you all:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good morning cheetahs:) !

Today I did a PUB premix and IMAX 2. Gotta love IMAX 2, it never gets old to me. It goes so fast.

Wendy, Jess, & Karen~ GOOD LUCK CHEETAHS!!

Wendy~ There's nothing like your first race. I just started this summer. I've done three and I never get a good night's sleep the night before. It's definitely nerves! I'm sure you will do well:).

Barb~ You gave Wendy great advice. I read Hal Higdon's book also and I also remember what he wrote about the issue of not enough sleep the night before. It's a great book. I also like using the elliptical at the gym.

Judy~ Feel better...definitely sounds like you have a bug:(. It sounds like you still had a great wo though, go cheetah!

Jess~ Good luck on your marathon! Take all the time you need to recover.

Cathy~ Grey's Anatomy was great, I don't have TiVo either (at least not yet;-) ). Have a great wo.

Jennifer~ You've got a 1/2 in 3 weeks? That's great... I like KPC also, and yes, I wouldn't consider that light at all;-). How 'bout the stability ball portion, ugh... those pikes...took me forever to
learn how to do thosex(.

Adri~ Hello Lil' Cheetah! I wanted to out to run, but it's raining here also. Hey, three miles is pretty good in the rain. I have yet to run when it rains. Have a great wo in the gym.

All other cheetahs, have a great Saturday,

Katrina

Good Morning Cheetahs!

For some reason I could not log on to Cathe yesterday at all! I could go everywhere else, but not there. Doesn’t look like anyone else had that problem! Weird. Anyway, I did Viper yesterday and added a few leg presses. Did something stupid and now my Achilles tendon is hurting again. I was very tired (friends came over the night before and I had a bit too much wine), and I did the step on an 8” step (when I usually do a 6” for Imax2 – although I have done 8” before with no consequences). As my half is two weeks away, I’m going to nurse the heel for several days, then slowly start running again. I figure I can always walk parts of the half if I need to, but I don’t want to… :p So I think DH and I are going to the gym together and I’ll use the elliptical or the spin bike with my iPod (or both – depending on how the elliptical feels with my heel). I’ll bring some ice in a cooler to ice it down afterwards.

Oh, and I got a phone call yesterday from the one job. We’re meeting for lunch on Wednesday so they can give me an offer letter! Perfect timing, because the woman from the other job I interviewed with will be back from vacation on Monday, so I can call her Tuesday to see if I’m still in the running. I’d love to have a choice!

Went to the high school football game last night. Last year we did not win one game - not one. This year we're 3-0! DD17 FINALLY has a decent team to cheer for! I just really enjoy the games (did last year too).

GO WENDY CHEETAH GO!!! And I NEVER sleep before a big event. I think I got 4 hours of sleep before my 10k in Napa. I’m always terrified that I’m going to sleep through it, even though I set 20 alarms! You’ll do fine. GO!!! I’m so excited to hear your results!!

GO KAREN CHEETAH GO!!! Good luck today!!!

Barb – I’m a big fan of the elliptical – used to hate it but discovered iTrain’s and Cardio Coaches and now absolutely love it. I’m either going to join a gym again, or buy an elliptical. Probably I’ll buy one, once I get a job.

Jennifer – I’M DOING THE SAN JOSE ROCK ‘N ROLL HALF!! I’m excited that you are too! Do you live in San Jose? There are a lot of California gals! I do live in San Jose, by the way. Maybe I’ll get to meet you!!

Cathy – Oh have fun with your new workouts!! I like SS – although I only have the fit tv version. I’ll be buying that when I get a job!

Judy - I usually plan my long run for the day after a rest day, or after a day of upperbody work and light cardio. It really helps. I’m glad you’re feeling better today. Some days running is easier than others. It’s weird.

Jess – sounds like you’re well rested for the big day tomorrow!! I’ll definitely be thinking of you! GO JESS CHEETAH GO!!!

Adri – It’s 9:00 AM here and my teens are not even out of bed yet. So, yes, you got up early!! I’m still not moving yet.

Katrina – I adore Imax 2. I call it the one that never fails. If I’m tired and grouchy and don’t feel like working out, I pop that one in, and once #9 is over, I’m doing the happy dance right along with Cathe, feeling fabulous!

Good morning ladies!

Wow, it feels like forever since I posted. Yesterday my computer would not let me on Cathe's website. It was HORRIBLE!!!! I was having major cathe withdrawals. I finally was able to get on last night, but it was pretty late.

I have had a very busy week. We had a tea party here for friend that just became a citizen. She is from Lebabanon. So, I had about 15 ladies over. It was lots of fun, but kind of got in the way of my workouts.

I did KPC on Thursday and on Friday I ran an easy 6.2 miles with my hubby. My legs feels a lot better. So, lesson learned for me is take rest days and don't add to much mileage too fast. I think the hills definiltey put some stress on my hams too.

Anyway, Sounds like there is a lot going on here in Cheetahville.

Jess, I am so excited for you today. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! I am so impressed with your motivation and dedication.

Wendy, You are going to do great!!! It will be your first milestone and you will feel great. Let us know how it went and you definitley need to go to dinner and celebrate.

Barb, have fun with your upper body!

Cathy, I say go for ME. That is one TOUGH workout. It always suprises me that way. I love superset too though. I really like the lower body in that one.

Jennifer, Wow, you are doing half in two weeks. That is my next race as well. I think I am going to wait until February to do it. I am not sure yet though. I may decide to do one November. We will see.

Colleen, enjoy your 4 miler. That is always a nice run. Do you run outside or on the treadmill?

Adri, Sound like an awesome workout this morning. I am impressed you hop out of bed so early. We used to sleep until at least 10 when I was your age. What is up with all the rain in the country? We are lucky here in California. It does not start raining usually until around January. Have a super day!

Karen, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hello to everyone else who follows. Oh, I will be doing Rhythimc step or my favorite Imax 3 today.

Susan

Hey Cheetahs!!
Lil Cheetah back! My workout starts at 3 at the gym and till 6 when they close (they close early on sat and sun)

Katrina- Me too! I love IMAX 2. Thats my fav Cathe workout! Your right it never gets old. Gatta love plie jack}:)+

Christine- Yea I do get up early but not as early as like Wendy or Carol or all the others who wake up at like 4}(}( I could NEVER do that!!! 7 is good for me:D

Susan- Glad to see yea here today cheetah!! I know, I htink everyone here is experiencing rain. I hate this weather. I went earlier for my run today cuz it was supposed to rain this afternoon but gerrr our weather ppl no nuttin:+ IMAX 3 must be a good workout. I don't have that one or Rythmic Step but done RS on fit tv once. Love the choerography!

Hi to all other cheetahs who pop on on this crappy rainy day x( Love yea:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Susan - must have been posting at the same time - my computer would not let me on either! Even today I'm having issues. I wonder what's up! I thought it was my system, but maybe it's my provider - do you have AT&T DSL?

Hey ladies!

I posted about my race in the open forum so go check it out!

I finished in 32.01 which is an AWESOME time for me! I think it calculates out to about a 10:30 pace which is very good for me! :+ :+ :+

Thank you all soooo much for the support!

Go Karen!
Go Jess!

:+ :+ :+

Wendy-
Great job! I'm so excited for you.
Enjoy the rest of your day with your cheering squad at home!! You DID IT!!!!!!!!

Christine--I hope your minor injur stays minor. Fingers crossed here for the double job offer. More importantly, I hope you can buy an elliptical for home use. Congrats to the football team. Seeing your DD cheer must be a blast!

Susan-- it's really nice of you to host a party for a friend. I know the feeling though of workouts getting crowded out by life. You got good workouts in. You are lucky to have your DH run with you. It's easy to build up mileage faster than you realize.

Katrina--glad you like the elliptical too. I'm trying to read up on it to get some workouts I can do that compliment my running. The past 2 times I've used it, I just wanted to get my feet wet (or get them circling??) and see how I like it. The gym is basically a dump, and the machines dirty, but it's a good use of time with my DS there swimming for a long time.
PUB premix + Imax sounds like a tough combo! Good job!

Adri-have a good workout. Do you workout for 3 hours or just stay at the gym for 3 hours??? that is a long time. Good job on your early a.m. run! Glad your week at school finished up on the up side. Good luck with the move to the new house.

Cathy-- did you do KPC? I love that workout. I have a love hate relationship with ME-- I rarely do it in the order written. I have to bounce around to get over the dread factor. I love the ME/BC combo, though. I like doing the weights on BC or even doing them 2x.

Jennifer--it would take a major mental shift for me to be able to do a track workout at night. Good for you for doing it! My elliptical evening workout started in part because another mom asked me to run with her. But I'm not ready yet to run at night instead of the a.m. -- but am willing to XT in the evening. You will do great on your half!

Colleen-Good luck with the 4 miles!

-Barb
:) :)

YAY!!!!!! WENDY!!!!!!!

Judy, I am so so sorry I missed you on my posting. I hope you feel better today. I went through something like that last week. I was run down and my legs hurt and just felt crappy. I was like you and did some tough workouts back to back. I took a rest day and toned down the running and feel much better now. Take it easy cheetah!

Christine, I do had DSL and it was so frustrating yesterday. I got a lot done though not being on the computer all day:)

Barb, Yes, I am very lucky my hubby runs with me. I really look forward to it now. He is a natural runner. He can run very long distances without much training. I really have to work at it.

Adri, You must get IMAX 3. It is an awesome workout.

I am off to some lunch. I will see ya soon guys!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.