::: CHEETAHS ::: Saturday, 12/2

seeking_guns

Cathlete
*Bad cheetah slinks into the room*

Uh, OK time to confess…my lazy streak continues… I did not run or lift weights yesterday…Instead, I was summoned to happy hour followed by dinner. }( It was the first day of TTOM and I was feeling crampy & cranky. So this weekend, I’m all about regrouping and getting back on track. And I’m not gonna feel too guilty because I haven’t been TOTALLY inactive the past two weeks, so it won’t really be hard to bounce back. Plus, I get to run with my new Nano…yippee!!! That should put some spring in my step. So, a run and weights it'll be, for sure! I’m thinking MM.

Alright, let me go read up on what’s happenin’ with my cheetahs & I’ll be back with personals in a few…

cathy :)

Personals...:)

Sunny :: *lol* The hair couldn’t have been quite THAT bad, but still, I’m trying not to get a complex! :) I do get sluggish also…most times I still force myself to work out and I feel better…guess I just hit a little slump.

Christine :: I like the way you think! Hmm, but you know what? I’m going to hold off on the pampering since I just treated myself to a Nano, new ski pants, and a digital cam, (yikes!) and I have Colorado coming up. Hope you had fun @ the Christmas party!

Wendy :: uhhh, you are starting to scare me. *LOL* How’d you make out with the Christmas shopping?

Jess :: sounds like you had a fun day being snowed in. :)

Carole :: hope you got in a good run despite the frigid temps! I’m NOT looking forward to that today. So that was a pic of your car that’s getting fixed? It’s cute. Just out of curiosity, what does everyone else drive? I have a silver Honda Civic.

Laura :: sounds like your son is getting the rest he needs. Bootcamp 3x a week DOES sound intense. Can you sub one day of running for one day of P90X? I don’t know the P90 workout, so I’m not sure if that’ll make sense. It’s funny that you caught him going through your cabinets because that’s EXACTLY what my cousin used to do. I remember one time during a party at our house, I went into my bedroom for something and she was going through my desk drawers! At another party, she stole a watch from one of our male cousins and gave it to her father as a gift. It was a unique Swatch watch, so that’s how we busted her. Her dad came to a family party wearing it! Sick!

Shelly :: good luck in the Jingle Bell 5K! Won’t be surprised if you bring home another medal! Wow, great compliment from your doc. That must make ya feel like a million bucks! Enjoy your night in Phoenix. :)

Colleen :: cool eagle sighting! I love unusual moments like that…keeps things interesting out there!

LD :: great news on being able to kick it up a notch with your running! YAY!! :) The rule of thumb I’ve always followed is to increase by no more than 10% a week, whether time or distance. So funny, I was thinking the same about our Jess being Martha Stewart!

OK, I think I got everybody but sorry if I missed ya unintentionally.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

Good Morning!

WOW, I missed alot while I was out shopping y'day! I skimmed the posts briefly but now I gotta go back and re-read 'em so that I can catch up on some personals. :)

I had a pretty successful shopping day. I bought a new winter coat, hat and gloves for my little guy. That isn't really a present as he *SHOULD* be needing them sooner BUT if this weather holds out, I just may wrap 'em up!:+ I also bought him a bookcase for his room since his collection of books is ever growing and 3 new books to enjoy! I am on the hunt for an appropriate train set for him and then he'll be finished. We don't go nuts on him cause the rest of the family does!:p

I ordered my DH an ipod and I am giving him a gym membership as well. I am trying to come up with one other "BIG" gift for him and then he'll be done.

I bought on of my SIL's this GORGEOUS cranberry colored coat in TJ MAXX. I LOVE IT! I wanted it for myself! ;) It's that faux suede look and the inside is warm and fuzzy. The whole coat feels wonderful and soft!

I think that's all I bought but I feel accomplished enough for one day. :+

Okay, I'm off to get that coffee now...:7

Cathy: You are so bad girl! Goin' out for drinks and food instead of workin' out!? What's up w/that!? :p So why am I scaring you? TRUST ME, I am NOT strong so that can't be the reason! LOL

Shelly: Have fun and good luck w/your race today! :+ I am going to try to commit your marathon date to memory but I make no promises. :p LOL I need...okay don't laugh...20 pound DB's. Mine only go up to 15's! :eek:

Colleen: You should be commended for running at all in the COLD weather y'day! ^ 5's!:)

Christine: Glad you enjoyed that BM2 premix. So how was the party??

Jess: I need 20's as well....for back work ofcourse. :) I like C&T better too. I go heavier w/that work out, that's why I like it better! LOL

LD: I would think you could up your running either way...time or mileage. I usually go by mileage but when I was taking that running class, they always increased by time.

Hey Ladies:) I'm so glad it's Saturday and I don't have to work!! I'm going to do Drill Max this morning then a full body weight workout (probably one of my BodyPump workouts). I bailed on my workout yesterday after a late night on Thursday with Glen (it was his birthday). I had to work yesterday and felt very tired and anxious to get home at day's end but he surprised me and came into town to take me out for dinner. I really like him doing that and was amazed at how I perked up so quickly. Anyway I'm enjoying the 'getting to know you' phase of whatever this is and feeling very light and happy.:)

Cathy, what kind of music will you put on your Nano? I was loving mine but it got claimed by my 15 y.o. now I hardly recognize any of the music on it! If there is any such thing as 're-grouping vibes' I am sending tons of them your way.......<<<<<<<<<<regrouping vibes>>>>>>>>>>>......here they come!!!!!!:7

Wendy, I need to have a day of shopping like you did, I'm starting to feel like I'm waiting too long. I want that coat that your SIL is getting, sounds very cute.

Later Cheetahs!

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Bad girl!!...But, I completely understand you have had a not so great 2 weeks. You'll get back into it and the Nano will be a fun toy to try out! Once I got out and ran it didn't seem too cold. Yes my Rav 4 looks just like that pic. I have had it since 2000.

Wendy...wow! You are one awesome shopper!!! I don't have many to shop for unless of course I count all my clients and I do get them little gifts. Hey, you and Jess need some Bowflex Select Tech Dumbells, they go from 5 lbs to 52.5 lbs! But on a cheaper note you can get a set of adjustable Dumbells that would get you 20 lbs and higher.

I think I'll be doing LIC today...maybe a premix or just as is.

I'll be back for personals...:)

Hi Laurie, we posted the same time...:)...Have fun with Drillmax. Glen sounds so nice, I am really happy for you as you deserve it...:)

Just checking in real quick to let my fellow cheetahs know that next time I'm back here it will be after I run the California International Marathon tomorrow morning. This one's going to be for fun only and I expect to finish with a smile on my face saying to myself "That wasn't so bad." :)

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

Good luck, Elaine!!! If you can finish a marathon saying it isn't so bad then you're one heck of a tough Cheetah!!!!!!!!! Good luck & make sure to post a report!!!

Quick checkin from a stair- climbing Cheetah!! We did 26 flights of stairs 6 times!! It was a good workout, I was definitely burning off my taco pizza & Chex mix from y'day!! :p

And I came home & my 7yo dd had made breakfast for everyone, it was so sweet. She had my Kashi cereal all in a bowl w/ a spoon & a water bottle. She told me she would have made me coffee but she couldn't find the little white thingies (LOL- filters!).

My 3 & 5 yo have a bday party to go to, so Hannah, & Greg, & I will do some shopping while they're there. I think we're going to have to buy a new washing machine!!!!! Ours started smelling burnt last night when I started a load & now NOTHING will work. I think the motor burnt out, that's what I get for doing laundry all of the time!!! :p And we are getting together a package to send to my brother now that I have an address for him in Iraq.

OK, I've gotta go shower & get everyone ready to go!! The roads are pretty clear now at least so it won't be bad driving around!

Good Morning Lovely Cheetah Ladies-

The party was nice. It was buffet style (this was done right- FOUR buffet tables around the room - there were hardly and lines - and FIVE open bars!) I thought I would have issues with all of the nice meat - prime rib, salmon… But, they had such wonderful veggies that I had no issues. DH made the comment that he was impressed. Then we had something really weird happen DD17 called. The San Jose Police showed up and said that someone had made a 911 call from our home phone and hung up. DD17 was home alone and had been sitting in the family room watching tv. She lives on her cell phone (she never uses the house phone). Well, she said that she did not call, and the police left (without checking the house!). So DD17, unable to reach us (we did not hear the phones ring) called her boyfriend who told her to let the dogs in. She said they immediately went to the foot of the stairs and started barking (they do not go upstairs). She ran out of the house and drove to a friend’s. (Smart girl) Well, as soon I checked the phone and talked to Maja, we left the party. When we came home, we checked the house- my jewelry and our laptops were still there - so nothing was missing. We have no idea what happened. But we did call the police (caller ID said they had called) and they confirmed that a squad car was sent. Weird…

So- today I have a long To Do list. I hope to start tackling the Christmas Card list, I want to get the grocery list and shopping done. Then it’s buy a tree and figure out where the heck we’re going to put it. Somewhere in there I plan a good 45 minutes of cardio followed by some upper body. Not sure which for either, yet. My Achilles is a little tight - so I may try to run to see if it loosens. I really want to run today.

Cathy- take care of yourself and allow yourself time to wallow a bit - and deal with TTOM. You deserve it. Where is Colorado are you going? I love Colorado - it’s my favorite state. I’d live there in a heartbeat if I could.

Wendy - Glad to hear shopping was successful! All sound like very thoughtful and wonderful gifts!

Laurie - you celebrated Glen’s birthday with him? Oooh… How sweet and special. I’m so happy for you! I love the first days of a relationship when the world just seems alive with possibilities. Enjoy!

Hi Carole - Enjoy LIC!!

Elaine - I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow! Have a blast!

Jess- Stair climbing? Where did you climb 26 floors? Sounds like quite the workout!! YourDD7 sounds like a sweetie. How nice of her to think of mommy! Hope your little ones have fun at the party!

OK, I’m back…Put in my 6 miles…Was a decent run and not that cold actually. Close to 50. Am LOVIN’ the new Nano…feels SO much lighter on my arm than the Mini!! Just showered to get rid of the chills…so, I’m putting off the weights until later. (As in, possibly tomorrow.) Will see. I’m gonna catch a movie shortly.

Wendy :: Oh, you just sounded like you were crackin’ the whip on me in y’day’s thread…but it’s cool ‘cause I need it! :) I love hearing about parents who spoil their kids with books (it’s the English teacher/geek in me) – one of the best things you can do! Glad you had a successful shopping venture. The coat does sound really nice.

Laurie :: enjoy your day off! Glen sounds like a keeper – I’m really excited for you!! Please do keep us posted on the developments. In light of my terrible luck w/ men, I’m gonna need to live vicariously through you! LOL I basically transferred almost all of the music that was on my Mini…it actually did it automatically as soon as I plugged into my laptop…I suppose I’ve got quite an eclectic mix…Heavy on 80s alternative…lots of classic rock…some hip-hop & rap and current pop…blues…and oldies. Thank you for the regrouping vibes!

Carole :: have fun with LIC. Thanks – I do feel like today’s run got me back on track. Some months the hormones are more out of whack than others – ravenous appetite + laziness makes for a terrible combo. What do you do for work?

Elaine :: it sounds like you may not be back to read this thread, but in case you do, just wanted to say best of luck!! Have a great 26.2! :)

Christine :: how weird! That incident really gave me the creeps. Baffling. I am going to Breckenridge for five days. I don’t think I really need to wallow anymore – I feel good. It’s weird bc sometimes I have raging PMS and a tough day one, and other months, it’s a breeze. I suspect diet has a lot to do with it. I haven’t been eating as clean in the past couple of months. The Christmas cards are on my agenda this weekend, too.

Hi Jess & everyone else! Will try to stop back later.

Cathy :)

morning ladies,

went for a 3 mile run and then came home and did cardio x. I dont know if I really like that workout or not.
a little boring to me. I will try it again before I say for sure or not. I am so sore from those hamstring curls with the swiss ball that I did in class yesterday morning. wow!! right where I need to feel it though. hope you all have a nice day. the cold weather is back but I have a nice coat that I got from dicks sporting good store to run in . It kept me nice and toasty.

bye!!:)

hello ladies,
I did not fall off the face of the earth:) I have just been really busy getting xmas stuff done and taking care of my girly girls.

I did the elliptical for 55 minutes yesterday and today I did all of butts and Gutts. I have only done 3 days of cardio this week and I have not turned into a ball of mush:) I have really been focusing on the weights. It feels good. I still have the sciatica pain, but there are days when I don't feel it, so I think I getting there.

I have no time for personals I am off to lunch with my family and then we are off to continue our shopping for xmas. They are having a parade downtown with the lighting of the xmas tree and santa will be there tonight. So, that is where we will be.

Have a great day ladies and I will see ya later.

Cheers!

Susan

I'm back & sad to be so excited that I am getting a NEW washer & dryer!! Merry Christmas to me!!! ;-) Lowe's had good prices & they will also deliver it & haul out our old ones for free, plus no interest financing til Jan '08. YEAH!! They'll deliver it tomorrow afternoon, I'll have at least 4 loads of laundry to do by then I'm sure!! :eek: I've never had a new washer/ dryer, we bought the ones we have now used a couple yrs ago & the ones before that were given to us used by my Mom when she got a new set. Anyway... like I said it's sad that I'm so excited about it... :p

So... we got our errands run & the girls had fun at the bday party. Greg got the old washer & dryer unhooked so all they have to do is get them out of the house tomorrow! Now he's out putting up our Christmas deco!! I guess we're going to have to wait til next weekend to get our tree.

The girls are watching Mickey Mouse Christmas w/ some hot cocoa after playing outside in the snow. They made a pretty good snowman!

Have a great day!

Hey Susan! I'm glad you checked in!! I'm alternating days of cardio too, it's been good for me so far! Good job on the elliptical AND B & G!! I hope the sciatica continues to feel better! Have a great time shopping & the parade sounds so fun!!

So are you starting P90X?? I keep hearing so many people talk about it, it sounds like a great program! I love Cathe so much that I'm sure if I can handle the switch though!! ;-) I love Dick's, glad your new coat is keeping you warm!

Good job, Cathy!! Glad you're enjoying your new gifts! I must be the one person in the world w/ out an ipod/mp3 player!

Funny that you mentioned about spoiling the kids with books, my girls LOVE new books. In fact, when I asked my 3yo what she wanted for Christmas last night she told me... um... just a book!!! ;-) I love that!

Enjoy your movie, what did you watch? We rented You, Me, & Dupree to watch later, I hear it's pretty funny!

Oh, that is soooo creepy Christine!!! Smart DD you have there!! I'm glad that all is ok & nothing was stolen! Sounds like you'll be busy today!

We went to my cousin's college dorm to use the stairs there. There are NO college kids up at 6:30AM, let me tell ya!! We would go up the 26 flights, then back down the elevator, and then back up another set of 26 flights. (14 steps per flight, I'm such a weird counter!) It was funny, we were seeing pizza boxes, wrappers of all kinds, half eaten pizza crusts, soda cans, etc on the stairs! Dirty college kids! It definitely was a good workout, I'm sure that steppin' w/ Cathe helps!! ;-)

Hope you got a lot done today! This is my *break* time! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.