:::CHEETAHS::: Satruday Nov 25

What the heck was I thinking putting early appointments in my book on a Saturdayx( I'll be fine once I get going but my head is feeling heavy and thick today, another restless night last night, nothing a good cup of a coffe and a workout won't fix though;-) More good news from the spa, the new owners are class acts and will replace the rubber cheques the previous owners gave us knowing they would bounce. The spa's name is being changed from Spa At the Mill (it's in an historic building that was a woolen mill) to Dolce Bella and they are committed to being trend setters, not followers. It's a very exciting time and I'm thrilled to be part of it. I'm gonna chug my coffee and get my workout started, I'll do one of my BodyCombat workouts, wish I had some time for upperbody but tomorrow I'll have time for a long workout.

Christine, I read you post from last night and just about spit coffee when I read your unexpected use of the word 'fugly':+ It's no small feat that you ate vegetarian through Thanksgiving, what a big hurdle to get over!

Wendy, hope your knee calmed down overnight.

I'm outta here to do some serious kickin' and sweatin'}(

Take Care
Laurie:)

OK. This is definately a first! I can't believe I'm the 2nd one to show up today!!

I ran my 8 miles yesterday and think I just should have run the Turkey Trot on TG since I worked just as hard yesterday as I would have on TG. I didn't run until 11 o'clock and by that time it was warm outside. But not to worry, the fierce headwind helped keep me cool! The route I chose was very hilly and it was hard work fighting those hills and the wind at the same time. Oh well, live and learn. It was actually a very scenic run so that was a plus. My DH dropped me off at one beach and drove down the road to another so the kids could play. They hung out while I ran to where they were. After we came home I took the kids to see Happy Feet. If you were thinking of going my advice is to save your money....

Today I'll get on my elliptical for a bit and will finally get to that PUB and MM abs workout.

Laurie, Good news about the spa keeps coming and that's just great! Have you found that for the most part those sorts of bumps in the road seem to work themselves out? And not necessarily in ways we could have imagined? Hope you worked that thickness out of your head.

Wendy, I am serious when I say three minutes off your previous 10K time is awesome and I am sure that you will keep getting better and better. I am hoping that you are still excited about it today. How's your knee?

Christine, We always seem to miss each other on the check in.... Have fun in Napa today. Can't wait to have a Cheetah GTG at your new condo there:+

Looks like I'm gonna have to come back later to see what's going on with all of you because I got here early!!!!:7 :7 :7 :7

Good Morning Glories!

Laurie, Laurie, Laurie...Why in the world did you schedule early appointments over a holiday weekend girlfriend!? Shame shame! You are supposed to be kickin' back and havin' FUN this weekend!}(
The news about the spa is just getting better and better! I hope it all works out for you!:) :) :)

Hi Elaine...You are a cheetah so I'm not surprised that you pushed it just as hard on your own as you would have during the race! Cheetahs never learn...they are stubborn animals! LOL ;)

Bad news: My knee is still hurtin'. :-(

Good news: Today is my rest day. :)

My new GS/running rotation starts tomorrow with a run. If my knee is not better I will use the elliptical instead and will continue to use it until my knee is healed.

You know...I was thinkin'...I was taking glucosamine for a while and when it ran out I never got back to buy any more. My knee did not bother me at all while I was takin' it and now that I haven't taken it in a while it's hurting! I guess the stuff really works!!! I HAVE to go get more FAST!!!

Well, I'm off to start my day....BBL!
:)

Workout is done, good kickboxing and then the ball abs from B&G. I'll have to do some yoga tomorrow as I've bailed on post workout stretches the last 2 days.

Elaine, A run at the beach with your family there sounds so lovely:) What is it with movies this holiday season?? I was checking out movies last night and couldn't find anything with a really good review except 'The Queen' and I don't want to see that. We're going to see Bobby tonight, hope it's good. I have learned to ride out the bumps in the road without too much gritting my teeth (most of the time ;-)). I find when there's a boulder on the path it's much better to tackle it with my brain, not with my skull :+

Wendy, that sucks that your knee is hurting but you might be on to something with the glucosomine. I'm terrible for buying stuff like that and not taking it, I guess it's not good enough just to have it in the house hey?:+ I don't know what I was thinking putting appts. in today, I guess I panicked with losing all those hours at the spa. I was quick to take them out of the book so this will be the last Saturday for a while. Enjoy your rest, you've earned it!!!

I'm outta here:7

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs

Susan...how was shopping? Yes I am off until Tues.

Elaine....I worked hard on my 8 miles yesterday too....glad you had a nice scenic course to run.

Wendy...Great Race yesterday!!! Shaving off 3 min is awesome!! Sorry about your knee. getting some Glucosamine/chondroitin should help...I have also had some of the Beyond Fugly race pics!!! You and Christine were funny last night....you will have to tell us when you serve your DH that zucchini.

Cathy...now I remember....you did post some pics of one of your trips last year? But I do understand your shyness...I like taking pics myself...in fact I got a new cellphone that takes pics, but the quality is not real good...

Laurie...I have not used my TLT's in awhile. I normally use them after about 3 weeks of heavy lifting for a recovery week. But right now like you, I am having fun with the new DVD's. I wasn't completely lazy yesterday...racked a huge amount of leaves and hope to get some more done today! Sounds like the new spa owners are getting things straightened out. That is great!!

Linda...yes we do have alot to be thankful for. Trust me, my running is not fast at all...:)

Shelly...good job on your long run. I hadn't really expected to do 8 yesterday...but was happy that I did, now if I can just get a bit faster!!

Christine...yes it was Karen and my other friend Delores that I ran with. Karen is the only other of my 3 sisters that runs..I will tell her you say "Hi". That is great no weight gain from TG!! Vegetarian could be working...Have fun in Napa today!

I am doing am Elliptical workout and then the total body weights from LIC. I am going to get some more raking done today to beat the storm that is coming tomorrow...

Have a good day..:)

Hello ladies today I think I will run 6 miles today and I have to grocery shop.

Elaine good job on your run.

Next Saturday is a 4 mile Jingle Bell run and I am not certain if I will run it or not.

Hi Carole! We both ran 8 miles yesterday and plan on the elliptical today. Maybe I should can my PUB ideas and go with the total body LIC you have planned.

Hey everyone, My DH wears Teva sandals and I think the ones he has now are probably 20 years old. He asked for some new ones for Christmas so I started searching on the internet for the cheapest price. I stumbled across a site called shoebuy.com where I found some sandals for him. I ordered the wrong ones so called the 800 nbr to cancel my order. I'm glad I did because the CS rep cancelled the order then mentioned that when I redo the order for the sandals I really want then if I enter SAVE in the promotional code I would get and addtional 15% off. PLUS, I registered (normally I bypass that) and got another 10% off my first order. PLUS, there is FREE shipping, FREE return shipping and NO tax!!! I got my DH's Tevas, Sketchers for me and Sketchers for DS for $95.13!!!

Hi Fitnesschick! We were posting at the same time. Why not go ahead and do the Jingle Bell 4 miler?!! That's a fun distance and it sounds like fun!

HI Cheetahs!

Carole- Hopefully you will finish that raking. It can take a while. How do you liketo total body wieghts for LIC? I haven't ried it, but I really enjoyedthe Boot Camp Premis of BM2 the other day.... It is nice thatyou canrun with yor sister!

Vegweb.com is the site where theTofu Pumpkin pie was from. I recommend the recipe!

Wendy- the glucosamine/ chondrioden combo has been a daily dose for me since 2003! I only take half of the daily dose now. ( I read somewhere that after a month or so ofthe recommendeddose, half works for maintence. I buy the two pills per day variety and take one eery morning with my calcium and b complex.

Shelly & Elaine- nice 8 mile runs!!! If I am going to do 8 miles more often, I need a few less steep hills.

Laurie- Thumbs up for your work situation! and for fun with new workouts

Christine- DH and I have always wanted to go to Napa for a trip. He is a wine collector and is partial to California Cabernets.

Hi Cathy!

Yesterday was B&G... DOMs today! Today was a 4 mile run.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning CHEETAHS!!! A fabulous group of fit gals:D
I went to bed too early last night I guess. I was up at 0400 and couldn't get back to sleep so I gave up and headed to the basement at 0430! I got in Cardiofusion and then B&G! okay...I'm toasted now :eek:

Wendy- You and Christine had me laughing with your posts from yesterday! I'm sorry the zuccini treatment didn't work for your knee :( CONGRATULATIONS on the fantastic time for your race!!!
Wow, down to a 10 min/mile...awesome!!! Sticking with the elliptical is a good idea until your knee returns to normal.
BTW...I bet your race pic really isn't that Fugly :p

Linda- Hi there! Hope your getting in a good workout today. In answer to your question from yesterday I am an RN. My actual job is Charge RN for all the ICU units at night.... which means I just wander around and bother everyone who is doing the real work!;-)

Christine- Congrats on no weight gain over TG! My twin and I are fraternal and we are two VERY different people!! I marvel that we are even sisters...we look and act totally opposite. She wouldn't run unless she was on fire....and then it would depend on how far away the water was!! But she is quite thin because she eats like the proverbial bird. I on the other hand eat like the proverbial horse!!!

Laurie- Your new spa owners sound great! I like the new name too!
VEry classy. Hope your appointments today go by quickly for you!

Elaine- Wow... you are early today:eek: :eek: Sounds like you had a tough 8 miler today but no doubt you were up to the challenge!

Carole- I think the weights on LIC are quite challenging. The cardio is only so-so but I do like doing the weights. Hope the rakemax session goes well. A storm is headed for you? I need to check the weather forecast...hopefully we'll get something here!

Fitkansaschick- Hi there! I hope you'll be up to doing your JingleBell run. I'll be doing one Dec. 2nd. They are supposed to be alot of fun and it's for the Arthritis Foundation...a worthy cause!

Well, DH is up now:eek: and its time to get moving. We're going to a gun show today (he's a collector of antique swords and guns) Later today we're going to a tailgate party before the game of our new hockey team here...the Arizona Sundogs. Actually, if truth be told none of us really care about the Sundogs.....we just like tailgate parties :p :p :p

ShellyC

Hello again... just a few more items :)

Judy- Posting at the same time!!!! Good 4 miler today! You've got me seriously thinking about starting to take a glucosamine supplement regularly. Not a bad idea for this 50 yr old bod!

Elaine- Thanks for the tip about shoebuy.com. I'll check it out!

Lastly I'm providing (hopefully) a link to the pics from my last race... the 11 mile Rails to Trails. I was so darn happy to have finished it and done reasonably well considering what I've been through. Anyway, I liked the pics and ordered one.
http://myracepics.com/index.php?main_page+find_pictures&event=167&search+135
If the link doesn't work its myracepics.com, Rails to Trails race,bib #135.

ShellyC

Good Morning Ladies -

You got the late report last night! Today, we just found out that we have to be in Napa at 11:30AM, and as it’s now 8:30 and I’m not showered - no workout for me… *sighs* I’m not ready for a rest day! But, that’s the way it goes…

Laurie - up and about early today? That is great news about the spa! I’m so happy for you! That sounds like a great place to be! PS- Wendy started the fugly thing… I blame her. :+

Elaine - Wow! The west coaster is the second one on! That run sounds gorgeous, but tough! Wind and hills?! OUCH! You’re ready for anything now! I can’t wait to have a GTG either in Napa! Holy Toledo Elaine - that’s a DEAL!! Thanks for letting us know!

Wendy - sorry your knee is still hurting? Are you continuing with frozen veggies that you can feed DH when you’re mad at him? *winks* Enjoy your rest day.

Carole - So far so good with the diet. DH made curried chickpeas and dahl (lentils) last night and I made a big salad filled with veggies. It was wonderful! Added some ham for the girls and they were pleased as punch. I’m having fun experimenting with Vegan Planet. I’d actually recommend it to anyone just wanting to add healthful recipes to their diet.

Shelly- that’s funny about your twin. Sounds like my sister and I - I’m 5’10 with blond hair and green eyes. She’s 5’4 with dark hair and blue eyes, and we look NOTHING a like. Unfortunately, we’re both on the proverbial horse side - but her metabolism is better than mine! (And I HATE her for it - *winks*) What a workout you got today and so early! Enjoy your day! Sounds like a fun one - I like tailgate parties too! But I do like hockey when you’re there (it’s BORING on tv as the camera can never keep up with the puck!)

Judy- when you do come out to visit, let me know! I’ll scout out all the vegan-friendly restaurants and give you the low-down! We actually really enjoy the Pinots from north of Napa, but we like the cabs, too.

Shelly :: I just found a miniature speaker that plugs into the top of your iPod…I’m thinking about going w/ that because sometimes the headphones get on my nerves. (I use sport headphones because the earbuds never stayed in for me.) Glad you had a good long run yesterday. Have fun swordfighting and tailgating! :) Great pics, by the way. You look so energized & strong!

Laurie :: it’s funny you should say that bc I *did* go out last night, BUT I took it easy on the Corona Lights. So tonight’s the big date with Glen, right? Hope you have a great time! It sounds like things are moving in a positive direction at the spa…glad it all seems to be working out!

Linda :: I did find the memory card…it was $24.99 for 2G. Good deal as I paid much more for a smaller card when I purchased my last camera. Of course, the prices on those things always drop eventually. I agree—it is nice to have a friend to race with, even if you’re not at the same pace.

Christine :: Years ago, I never ran with headphones of any sort (well, iPods weren’t out then), so I’m used to running with the “silence” of just my own thoughts -- plus the calming sounds of traffic, ha. It’s not bad. But now that I'm accustomed to having the iPod, I do like having my music. It definitely keeps me going.

Wendy :: Sorry to hear about the knee! Hopefully a rest day will do you some good. Sorry, I don’t know anything about the MoreMarathon. Do you each run a half? Or half the half? :)

Elaine :: sounds like a tough run yesterday…nice job conquering the hills and wind! Thanks for the tip about the shoe website. I’m afraid to visit as I may wind up spoiling myself AGAIN! (see iPod confession below) *lol*

Carole :: Did I? I don’t remember. I know I posted a pic of my meeting with Cathe, Cedie, and Jai from this past summer. The quality of pics on my cell phone isn’t so hot, either. But it’s good if you want to send a shot really quickly to someone.

Natalie :: enjoy your run today.

Judy :: hi! Ooh, a 4-miler after B&G! Hope it’s a good one. I find that B&G turns me to mush. My post B&G runs? Any slower and I’d be in reverse. What does the glucosamine/chondrioden combo do for you? I've never heard of it.

I am planning on trying BM2 for the first time today. I also have to confess...after just buying myself a new digital camera, this morning I ordered myself a NANO! There is absolutely nothing wrong with my Mini, so I feel majorly guilty right now...but also stoked!!! I'm thinking how perfect it will be for running & skiing. Yeah, the Mini's fairly small, too, but sometimes my arm gets tired. So really, it wasn't a purely self-indulgent purchase. It was mainly for health reasons...um, yeah, that's what I'm going with. }( :) OK no more gifts to myself now!

Have a great day everyone...gorgeous weather again here in South Jersey. Will be back again later to say hi.

-cathy :)

Good afternoon ladies,

quick check-in before i head out the door. gotta take the boys outside to play. the weather is wayyyy too nice today to stay inside.

this morning i got up at 7am cleaned the house for 2 1/2 hrs and then went to the gym for a powerpump (1 hr weights) class and then ran on the TM for 2 miles. came home and cleaned up some more. i am still not donex( x( . oh well, the rest will have to wait.

sorry no time for personals, will be back later.

just have to add- SHELLY, cardiofusion and B&G girl you are trul wonderwoman. how in the world do you do it???}( :D

enjoy your day ladies!

Hello ladies,
Whew! I am finally taking a breather today. We got our christmas tree last night and of course HAD to decorate it today first thing in the morning at 6:15 a.m., UHG!!! It was fun though and the kids were so happy and singing and just being kids. We are trying to get the kids to appreciate many things about xmas besides the presents. I think there is way to much emphasis on it. So, they are really enjoying decorating the house. They want to make Xmas cookies now.

I have not worked out yet today, but did Imax 3 last night and then the BM2 upper body. It was a great workout. I am thinking I may try to run for 25-30 minutes on the treadmill and see how my sciatica feels and the knees. I also want to do the lying leg work of Butts and Gutts.

I had a lot of fun shopping yesterday. I only spent 65.00. I bought 3 new sweaters and a pretty necklace and earings set. I went to Kohls. They had so many great deals. I could have easily spent more.

I am going back out today to do some shopping for other people now.

No time for personals now, because while the kids are happy I have to jump on the treadmill. Have a great day ladies.

Cheers!

Susan

Hey ladies!

I really don't have time for personals. Hopefully I can get back here later to do that!

Just wanted to let you know that as I walk around today my knee seems to be loosening up and feeling a bit better. I went foodshopping so I bought myself a bottle of Glucosamine and took it today. I may do the elliptical tomorrow just to be safe even if my knee feels fine.

Okay, have to get DS ready to go to SIL's for dinner now!

TTYL Cheetahs!:*

Sunny :: sounds like a busy day! Hope you enjoyed the time outside with your boys. It is gorgeous here, too.

Susan :: have fun shopping! Great bargains yesterday.

Wendy :: enjoy tonight's dinner. Glad the knee's improving.

Well, cheetahs - forgive me - I tried BM2...and, well, to be perfectly frank: I hated it. The step combinations were, for me, over the top...I just don't see myself able to devote the kind of time it might take for me (w/ my two left feet) to learn them. I truly appreciate the encouragement I've received from you ladies, but really, the bottom line is I've never really liked workouts with fancy footwork like that. I'm not sure I see that changing. Ultimately, this one could wind up on eBay. Oh well. I do sort of feel like I cheated a workout but it consumed so much time that I'm simply "done" for today. Tomorrow I'll get back to my running.

Have a great night, everyone!

Cathy, I have not tried BM2 yet. Heck, I haven't even viewed it....it's still wrapped. I too am not very good with fancy footwork and have never made it through more than 1 segment of Rythmic Step before giving up. But I find all other Cathe step workouts to be fairly simple to grasp. Once I learned her "basic" moves it has not taken long for me to figure out her other workouts. Are there any other Cathe step workouts that you feel you do well and benefit from them?

Shelly...I enjoyed the total body sculpt form LIC. I always like the use of the band. Thanks for sharing your pics....that hard work and you still finish with a great smile!!!! Yes, supposed to be getting a cold storm tomorrow, snow level about 2000ft. Way to go with B&G & CardioFusion!!!!

Judy...I liked just the weights of LIC, and abs of course...I did get the raking I wanted to done. Trying to get a head start this year so spring isn't so bad with the leaves!! I think B&G is getting everyone a bit of DOMS!!!

Elaine...we must have been thinking alike...:)..I passed on the Elliptical though as i feel I have gotten in enough cardio this week so I just did weights today...

Christine...sounds like a great dinner last night. You are so right about Vegan Planet...alot of very healthy recipes. Have fun in Napa and enjoy your rest day.

Cathy...yes I thought you went on a trip to Germany and shared some of those pics?...but hey, I am blond and I could be wrong...:)...Nothing wrong with Self indulging, I do it alot...Did you like the upper body and abs from BM2? I know the cardio is confusing but if you don't like it then there is no reason to keep it...

Sunny...wow...a very busy day for you...

Susan...sounds like you are having fun shopping and with the kids and X-Mas!!

Wendy...glad you knee is loosening up some.

LIC total body is fun. I forgot how fast the ab work is!! I did skip the Elliptical though. Did get my raking done and it is already clouding up....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.