::::CHEETAHS::::Sat. Sept. 30

Hey Ladies, I'm sipping coffee and getting ready for an easy, breezy 3K run this a.m. to loosen my legs up for the big event tomorrow.:) My friend Ruth picked up our kits yesterday and we had a very excited, nervous and giggly conversation last night about the half. I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! My Mom made me the yummiest veggie chili for a late supper last night and I slept very well. I have to work today and then I'm going to a wedding. Sucks that I can't have a drink (or 2 or.....}( ) but I'm not compromising what I've worked so hard for. OMG!!! I can't believe it's happening TOMORROW:7 :7 :7 -------calm down Laurie, your HR is 'in the zone' and your still in the computer chair.....:+

I'd best be getting ready to run this little run and get ready for a busy day:) Hope everyone is well and has a superwonderfulfanfreakin'tastic Saturday:7

Take Care
Laurie:7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Yeah, Laurie!!!! I'm so excited for you. I love that pre-race jittery excitement!!! I know you're going to do well & I can't wait to read the report!!! Enjoy your *little* 3K run! :p Run for me, ok???

It's kickbox cheetah here today!! I got up to do KPC (first time!). I loved it!!! It didn't seem to bother my knee & it got my heart pumpin'! Not quite as good as a run of course, but a good substitute! I can see I'll be using this one quite often this winter! My knee was sore last night, I iced it some more & stretched again. I hope it's feeling better soon, I want to get back to running next week!!!!

We're meeting my IL's, his grandparents, aunts, & uncles for lunch at their favorite Chinese buffet today- wish me luck!! I hope I can find something w/ no MSG so I don't get another migraine. :( His uncle is here visiting from CO, so it will be nice to see him again.

It looks like a nice day, but a bit chilly. No real plans other than that for once!! Have a great Saturday!

Jess, thanks for your support, it means a lot!! I love KPC and am looking forward to getting back into some kickboxing soon. Hope you can find something yummy and MSG free at the buffet.

My 3K was a very happy run! Sunshine, sweat and Santana:) I feel wonderful, I'm so pleased that I had the discipline to train my body for this, I don't care about my time tomorrow, I just want to drink in the whole experience and enjoy a special day. Everyone here has been so supportive, helpful and sincere in their encouragment, it's a beautiful thing we have here and I'm so grateful to all of you Cheetahs:) (sorry to get smarmy, it's my nature:7 :* )

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning cheetahs

Laurie!! Big day tomorrow....you are so ready for this, I can feel it in your post! Sounds like your 5K was wonderful...the veggie chili sounds very good. Smarmy is cute...:)

Jess...isn't KPC fun! I am sorry your knee is still giving you problems. Enjoy the day with your family!

I also have to work a bit today...I ended up doing HSTA yesterday afternoon! So I really don't have to work out today. Back with personals later!

Have a great day...

Good morning, cheetahs!

After my run yesterday, I went to see our boys' soccer team play under the lights at a local HS field. Then, I met up with some friends after for some quality time with Senor Corona...I behaved, though, with only 4 beers. :) "Slept in" until 8:15 this morning--late, by my usual standards, but I enjoyed it. Usually when I WANT to sleep a little later on weekends or days off, I *still* wake up early, anyway! So this was nice. Today, it'll be a full-body weight workout, not sure which one yet. But I'm saving it for the afternoon. First, I'm going SHOPPING...the clothes situation is desperate...nothing fits, it's all too big. A *great* problem, right? But still frustrating.

Laurie ::: your posts this morning sound so energetic and hyped-up for your race!! I'm excited for you, too. How's the cold? I agree--the cheetahs are really a unique group of individuals. It's great having a bunch of folks who share a love of running & Cathe, and the support & daily chatter are something I look forward to each day.

Jess ::: Glad you liked KPC...I think that one rocks myself! Somehow NOTHING ever feels as good as a run, but I do like k'boxing a lot as an alternative, and I prefer that one over KM. I hope she releases another K'box workout eventually. Enjoy having an unplanned sort of day. I love those!

Christine ::: cracked up at that javelina story! :)

OK, I'm off to get myself spruced up and give my credit card a serious workout. :) Hi to Laura, Barb, Elaine, Wendy, Carole, Susan, Judy, Katrina, Karen, Colleen, Linda, SunnyD, Jennifer, Adri (if she manages to check in), Shelly, Natalie, and anyone else dropping by today.

-cathy :)

Laurie! Have fun tomorrow! I know very well those jitters you speak of. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Jess, I've had KPC for a long time, have attempted it twice but think I missed out on the kickbox gene.

Hi Carole (sorry you have to work on a Saturday), Cathy and everyone who comes by later.

I'll be running 8 miles this morning, my final long run. I'm feeling *really* good when I run (knock on wood) and am hoping that the feeling lasts till the end of the marathon.

Laurie, I hope you have a great race and enjoy it. As for you short run, as Jess said its definitely not short for me. Anyway, Go Laurie!!!

Jess, I am not much of a kickboxer, but I do like KPC. I hope you can get back into running next week.

Carole, Have a nice rest day, at least from exercise.

I ran my 4 miles today and did a stretch. Until I started running I never realized how much I love to stretch.

Hi to everyone else. My family is going to a cyclocross race for my husband and my 3 boys to race in. I love doing family things.

Just curious, if when you were running, a dog followed you, would you stop and try to get it to stay at its home or just keep going. The dog spent a half of a mile tripping me. I kept going because the dog should have been chained up or at least trained to stay in its yard.

Laurie: eeek, very exciting about the race! Good luck tomorrow :) :). Picking up your packet always makes it seem so real, doesn't it?

Jess: I LOVE KPC! I'm glad you enjoyed it too! Isn't it so much fun? I love her combos, especially.

Carole: I haven't tired any of Cathe's high step workouts yet. Besides HSTA, what else is there?

Cathy: I had 1 beer last night and I was a little buzzed--talk about being a lightweight! I can't really handle my liquor ;).

Elaine: go, you!! 8-miler, huh?

Karen: I wish I loved to stretch. It would definitely save me a lot of grief LOL.

Off to a 4-5 mile run today... This is only the third day that my calf has felt ok (not crampy), so I still want to take it easy, and this trail isn't exactly flat, so it should be a good test.

See y'all tomorrow!

Jennifer

Good morning ladies,

didn't get a chance to check-in yesterday, very hectic workday.

Laurie- i know you are going to have a awesome race tomorrow. what type are you running?

Jess- i love KPC. I pray no more migraines for you.

carole-HSTA is soon becoming one of my favorites.

cathey- clothes that are too big is a great problem to have:)

karen-i would definitely stop running. dogs scare mex(

jennifer- enjoy your run today!

wendy- have fun at your GTG!!

this morning's workout was a Metabolic Effect class at the gym ( weights followed with interval burts) and then 35 mins on the elliptical. it's amazing how a workout can leave you feeling so energetic:D

talk to you ladies later:)

Good Morning Cheetahs:),

Laurie, good luck on your race tomorrow!

Today, I wasn't sure what to do. So, I ended up doing 5 miles on my TM and I added 10 min. on my bike. Yesterday, I didn't get a chance to check-in but I did a nice circuit. I warmed up for 5 min on my TM, then did the blast section of KM, followed by a 1 mile run on my TM and then 10 min. on my bike, all in about 40 minutes.

Have a great Saturday everyone,

Katrina:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

Our high school lost their first football game – they are now 3-1. Bummer! It was so nice winning all the games after last season (we won none!) But, we held our own against a tough school, so we cannot complain. Legs are tired today – good thing I didn’t do the long run! I think we’re going for a nice hike today. The dogs need it.

Laurie – GO LAURIE CHEETAH GO!!! I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow!!! How exciting! I really admire your dedication!! A wedding and no drinks or bad food?! You go girl!!

Jess – KPC for the first time? Oh, isn’t that a fun one! I really like Cathe in the BodyBlast series – she’s so full of high fun and energy. Glad it didn’t hurt your knee. Good luck at the Chinese Buffet!

Carole – Oh I love HSTA! I am looking forward to after my Half being able to add more of the intervals back into my life. Enjoy!

Cathy - I can’t sleep in on weekends either – not like I used to. My eyes pop open at 7AM and I’m wide awake. Congrats on the weight loss – but I know the frustration – you want to show off your new figure, but all of your clothes are baggy… HAVE FUN!!

Elaine – one more week – eh? I’ll so be thinking of you!!!

Karen – sounds like fun – I enjoy family things, too. Was this a small dog? I’d probably tell it to go home, but sometimes they just don’t care (or understand).

Jennifer – just a little over a week for us for the San Jose Half! How fun! Enjoy your trail run!

Sunny – Sounds like a great workout! I love that feeling of leaving the gym and feeling so wonderful!

Katrina – Sounds like you’re getting in great workouts!

Hello ladies,

I am enjoying my morning watching Little Einsteins(kiddie program) and drinking green tea and eating blueberries and cashews...mmmmm
I love lounging on saturday and sunday morning.

I am going to do my favorite IMAX today, IMAX 3}( and then I will add lower body bootcamp.

There is a lot of energy here today, without mentioning any names,LAURIE!!!! You sound so excited and I am excited for you. I think a half marathon is perfect. I am looking forward to starting to train for that myself. You will be my inspiration.

Jess, I love KPC!!! I have done it so many times though that I usually do a pre-mix with legs and glutes just to mix it up a little. I am looking forward to Drill Max. I hope you can start running soon too. I bet you miss it. Have a super saturday!

Carole, Nice to have a rest day, even if you have to work a little. I think that HSTA is one of the hardest workouts. Do you find it challenging? Enjoy your day!

CAthy, I love shopping after losing a few pounds. Have you been trying to lose weight or is it just all the running? Have a great time spending money today!

Elaine, enjoy your 8 miles. I like that distance, challenging, but doable. When is your race again?

Karen, I love to stretch. I usually spend 25 minutes after every workout stretching. I am a yoga fanatic, so that helps. I know I would be sore much more often if I did not stretch. As far the dog situation, I am such an animal lover that I would probably make sure the dog got back to his home, as annoying as that may be sometimes:)

Jennifer, I hope you enjoy your 4-5 miler and your calf feels okay. You MUST stretch!!!! I don't hold my liquor very well either. I get really silly and stupid, even after a glass of wine.

Sunnydelite, sounds like you had a great energetic workout. Yes, it is amazing how a workout just leaves you high and happy. I felt like that yesterday after my run, GREAT feeling!

Hello to all the other fab cheetahs and I would check back later.

Susan

Oh, a few more posted...

Katrina, Sounds like you have been having some great workouts! I love doing a great circuit workout. Have a great day!

Christine, Have a great hike! One more week to go. You will also be my inspiration to get through my half. Have a great day!

Susan

I haven't had time to read any posts.
Rough week time wise. I missed two days of workouts which I hate.
This week was, 45min run & 40 WHFN Lie Down and work out, Super Sets, 40min run & 10min abs, 0,0, High Step Training, today plan to run and abs.
Hope to catch up later.
Colleen

Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy this weekend!

Laurie - I am so excited for you and your 1/2! I cannot wait to hear how it goes! Wish I was ready for one!!! :-( But..one of these days!

Jess - I love KPC! It makes me feel empowered!
:+ But, then again...most of Cathe's workouts make me feel that way! ;-) I do love that one! It is one of my favorites! When it first came out, I did it several times per week for a year! It was my most used video of the year.

Carole - Don't work too hard! HSTA is a goodie, too!

Cathy - I "slept in" til 8 this morning, too! That is unheard of for me. I get up at 4-4:30 during the week and on weekends the latest is 6:30 or 7:00. It felt great!

Elaine - Enjoy your 8 miler today! Hope you have good weather for it!

Karen - I feel the same way with the stretching, since I started running more! I can really tell if I don't...and when I do, it feels sooo good! When a dog follows me, I tell it to go home and stop for a second, then keep running, while telling it to go home. They never follow me past the developement, to where it would be dangerous, (thank goodness)

Jennifer, hope the calf it okay! I have them every now and then at night, and when I do, it will stay sore and sometimes "balled up" for days! I "hate" that! I get up in the middle of the night screaming!

Sunnydelite - Gotta love those endorphins!!

Katrina - Those sound like great workouts!

Christine - Sorry about the football game! But sounds like the gave it their all! Hope you enjoy your hike!

Susan - Yummy! I love cashews and blueberries! Enjoy Imax 3!!!

Colleen - hope things slow down for you! But you got some great workouts in, anyway!

Today I ran 7 miles at the track. It felt good....but I hate going around and around and around! Counting 28 laps!! Then I did the 3rd section of CoreMax after my shower. It was beautiful outside today! It was a little cool and cloudy when I started, but towards the end, the sun came out.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday and weekend!!

Linda

Christine: I'm getting excited!!! I hope it won't be hot next week. I ran at 8 this morning (in Campbell) it was a little nippy, but not so cold that I couldn't have managed with something short-sleeve. I'll have to make a call on that as we get closer because I don't want to be freezing during the run, but then again, I get warm pretty easily when I run!

Btw, because of you, I checked out clips of HSTA. OMG now I want that too LOL. I'm salivating!

Susan: you will be proud of me: I stretched!! I stretched before and I also stretched after :).

Linda: the calf was fine, thankfully :). I made sure to stretch that first before I stretched any other body part. So far so good!

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.