::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Sat., 2/10

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, ladies! :)

I am SOOO happy it's Saturday. I shouldn't be up this early, but I think it was around 9 when I conked out last night (so much for your theory, Wendy, about me having the energy to go out & rock out-ha!!)

Today's plan is to run & do Legs & Glutes...I *would* love to try to get in a MM u/b premix (I think there is one of those) if I can summon up the energy, but I'll have to play that by ear. That might be too ambitious for the kind of week/energy level I had! :)

To catch up from last night's personals...

Susan :: YW...I really enjoyed setting it up, and I love my shirt, too!

Wendy :: thanks for the info on P90X...I did do a search on it yesterday and the opinions seem to run the gamut, so I appreciate trusted cheetah advice! I looked at some of the over-the-door bars and wonder if one of those would work and not destroy the door/door frame. I definitely do not have the space for a tower. :( ...I think a cheetah GTG in a neutral locale would be AWESOME...my vote is for Chicago. I think flights there from both coasts are fairly reasonable, but I would be open to other spots, too. The funny thing is, last night I had a dream that I met a bunch of cheetahs in NYC.

Thanks for the compliments on my photo, ladies - you are way too kind! It's really NOT the most flattering shot, taken at the end of the day when I'm lookin' kinda wrecked (I should've waited til today when I'm getting a long-overdue haircut :)) but I thought what-the-hay. I must say, though, that this is why I like to be the photographer and the not the photographee! But I like the idea of seeing everybody in their shirts, so break out the cameras, ladies!! :)

I'm gonna post mine one more time for some folks who might not be able to sift through all the pages of yesterday's thread! We've been a tough group to keep up with lately!

http://mylalclass.com/CIMG0177_op_450x600.jpg

Have a GREAT Saturday/workouts! :) :) :) May it be a day of not needing the silly putty hammer for any of our loved ones, may the East Coast & Midwest Cheetahs stay warm, and may all the ailing cheetahs get well quick!

Cathy :)

Good Morning.

Cathy, I have molding on my doors so I have the type of pull up bar that rests on it so you don't have to screw it into the door jamb. It works great. No problems at all! :) I would love a power tower personally but my house is pretty tiny so there's no way....

Today is legs and back/arx. Well, that's my hope anyway. I'm going to be tight on time this morning so it will be a challenge to fit it all in.

YIKES, my lil guy is complaining already. He might have dropped his "dude" (stuffed animal lamb) on the floor and wants it back so I'll be back in a bit!:)

Hey Ladies:) Cathy, I love you picture, so nice to put a face (and such a pretty one at that) to the personality we have come to know and love here.:) The tee shirts look great! I love the MM u/b mix too, doing that and L&G eh? You really are going for the BURN! }( I wish I had something to report about my soccer guy last week but I haven't heard anything, ahh well....How's your search going?

Wendy, I love it that Joey's lamb is called 'dude', that's too cute! Sounds like you are rockin' P90X!!l

I'm working from 10-2 today so I'd better get working out. It'll be some steady state step (nice illiteration!!;-) ) 'cause I need to work off my sins of yesterday. I've been VERY good but my Girls were 'kind' enough to save me a piece of Marley's birthday cake (she's 16 now:eek: ) and I was too undisciplined to say 'no thanks'. If that had been the end of my snacking I'd be okay but suffice it to say, it wasn't.x( Marley got her lip pierced a few weeks ago, I thought long and hard about giving her permission and could think of no good reason to say no except to control her behaviour. She's on the honour role, works hard at her job, keeps curfew and gives me minimal grief. I didn't like it at first but it looks really sweet on her. She assured me it's not a 'gateway piercing' and I had her look me in the eye and promise 'no more piercings while you are living at home'. My house is full of teens and I am earning each and every grey hair on my head!!

Enjoy your Saturday Cheetahs!!

Take Care
Laurie

good morning,

I ended up doing muscle endurance lastnight around 9 pm. I was feeling lazy but made myself do it. Ialso added firewalkers in and that one move from fluidity that someone said had them sore from the open forum. I couldnt believe that I had to drop my wts down that much in order to do ME. Lots and Lots of reps on that one. Leg press wasnt so bad. I dont feel too bad so far but it will probably set in later today. I dont know if I will take today as a rest day or do something. I had bootcamp 1x this week, the elliptical and walked on the treadmill 1x, ran 3miles,20minutes on the elliptical and walked 2miles and did ME lastnight, so I have 3 full cardio days in, one total body strength. I am thinking maybe take today off and do another total body workout tomorrow. I do have class again on monday but we only do one exercise wt wise per muscle group with 2-3sets so I think I would be fine if I did another total body workout on sunday. I am debating though, should I do ME again or supersets,barrys bootcamp or a different total body workout. Thats where I am stuck. do you do the same total body workout 2x week for several weeks and then change it or do two different workouts each week for best results?

hope you all have a nice day!

Happy Saturday ladies,

today's workout chest and back is completed. i had a client this morning but she canceled, however i am still gonna go to the gym to run today.

i need to burn some calories because we are taking ds to the ringling bros. circus today and then out to eat:9 .

cathy- you look very pretty!! i love your pic:) . enjoy your workout today. i have a power tower that i use in addition to the bands. love it!

wendy- have fun with legs and back. my hamstrings are still sore from doing that one a couple days ago}(

laurie- bday cake:9 . you are a nice new age mommy:D i can't even imagine the things my boys will want to do when they are older...ARGHHHHHHHH.

laura- so you ordered barry's bootcamp? how do you like them so far?

Have a wonderful ladies!!

Crazy sick cheetah poppin' in! Man, I thought I felt better y'day. I had some lunch (chicken noodle soup) & we headed to Lowe's to pick out our bathroom stuff (we're redoing the upstairs bathroom, next home reno project!). I felt ok picking out the paint but by the time we were leaving the store I was feeling yucky again. We made it home & my stomach was in knots. Yep, I guess it is the stomach flu. Greg tore out the shower, toilet, vanity/ sink, medicine cabinet, etc. Of course, I had to paint (that's always my job, but I don't mind normally since I like to paint). It's a good thing that's a small bathroom, I almost didn't make it painting. The paint went on very well & I love the color (Niagara Falls Blue). After I was done painting I was banned to the chair again & not allowed to get up. I was also banned from working out this morning or going to the Y to swim (boo!). LOL My dh loves me & he knows that I would push myself when I don't need to. Besides, I dropped a couple pounds, so I guess it's ok, right?? UGH!!

I'm feeling better this morning but not eating for a while til I make sure my tummy can handle it.

More bathroom work today. We have to lay the flooring (we had the cheap peel & stick before), get the new toilet in, etc. And I'm painting the vanity, everything in there was yucky 70's style wood before so it's going to be nice & white!! We bought a new mirror & medicine cabinet. Of course I've been taking pics along the way so I'll share when it's done.

For anyone that missed the pics the other day, here's the link http://www.picturetrail.com/jess_jugs (you can see Hannah's room & other home projects plus a few new pics!).

OK, must go make breakfast for the kids. We're supposed to go to a Sweetheart banquet at church tonight, but we'll see how I feel.

I can't catch up from y'day, but Christine, isn't Susan such a sweetheart??? I'm jealous that she got to meet you too! Your pics look great, what beautiful Cheetahs we have here!! And Cathy ~ You are beautiful too & have the most adorable smile!! I'll have to take a pic in my shirt. I'll take a pic in mine once I look & feel better!! Right now you'd all be shocked to see me!! :eek:

And for get togethers, I definitely vote for Chicago, since it's driving distance for me!!!

Cathy ~ Wanted to say that I did the B & G leg premix & then the upper body from MM the other day. Good workout!! The MM u/b premix is about 40 min, I think? Hope you can get everything done you need to today!! Oh, and buying P90X!! I can't wait to hear how you like it too!

Laura ~ ME is one of my new fav workouts. I just got it a few weeks ago but I love it. I'm doing more endurance workouts for now & it's a goodie!! I did it once this week & then the u/b from MM.

Sunny ~ It sounds like the PT is going great. You all are enabling me, that's been my goal once my dd's are all in school. I get nervous thinking about it though!!

Laurie ~ Always great to see you around here!! Happy belated bday to Marley, hope you enjoyed that cake!

Wendy ~ Ah, those kids have to grow up! My advice is: Be consistent. You pick your punishment for fits & be consistent EVERY time he throws a fit. Fits were never allowed in my house, but I run a tight ship! LOL It does get better though. Is he throwing fits when he's overtired? Make sure he's getting enough sleep.

Have a great day, Cheetahs!

christine & susan- just got a chance to check out your lovely pics. you too look amazing! how fun you are getting to meet each other:)

jess- nervous? you a triathlete...no girlfriend you definitely need to go for it!! i would be willing to bet you would be an awesome trainer. it's nice also because it's very flexible for a working mother:)

I know, everyone I know tells me I should be a PT. I love to workout & I love to help other people. I'm more worried about the certification thing, trying to get it done while still taking care of 3 kiddos! I'm a great multi-tasker though! I am looking more into the fall when Allison will be in pre-K 3 mornings a week so I'd have some study time. I have looked into ACE & a few others. I even found one certification (can't remember for the life of me right now) that certifies at a Y about 45 min away from here. What certification did you get? Hey, did you have your interview for the TurboKick yet? That sounds like fun too. I think if I teach anything, I'd prefer to teach Pilates.

Oh, and I'm not a triathalete... yet. But, I do love that I can call myself a marathoner, even though I have only run 1!! ;-)

Good morning everyone!

Cathy, Susan and Christine - What pretty pictures! I love putting faces with names and personalities! You are all three gorogeous and very fit looking!

Cathy - I am going to love Barry's Bootcamp! I did the Legs and Butts weight portion this morning. (I did the treadmill run of this one yesterday.) I am very excited about these :7

Christine - My gosh....I swear...you look "sooo" familiar! I am serious!

Sunny - What TurboKick interview????? I am going to California in August to Camp TurboKick and to take my certification test! But..I am very nervous...but excited!

Jess - Get better soon girlie! You could always take your test and train on the side just once in a while until your girls get a little older! You would be great at it, I am sure!

Will be back later! Gotta go put up groceries!

Linda

Hi everybody! The more I see photos of all of you in your Cheetah shirts, the more I want to whine, "I WANT A SHIRT!" lol.

LOVE all the pics! ALL OF THEM!

Well, DS is back to 100%. Seemed to be just a quick bug that made him 'toss his cookies'. At least he tossed them all into the toilet! LOL. So, we're back to our normal schedules today, somewhat!

Since I was SOOOOOOOO tired yesterday and last night, from staying up all night with him the night before, I slept in this morning, BIG TIME, till 8am! I have 6 miles on my rotation today, but I'm not sure when I'll get them in!

I'm struggling with food ONCE AGAIN, too. It started with my BDay Thursday and just went downhill from there. I seem to start the day right, with the right attitude, but it just sinks from there. TODAY. Real diligent on what I choose to pop in my mouth. Started off with a banana for breakfast. MUST DO THIS!

OK.....sorry I can't do personals right now. We've got swim lessons in a little bit. BBL sometime.

suuny- I have only previewed barrys bootcamp. I havent done them yet. I am trying to figure out about adding these new total body strenth training routines if Ishould do 2 workouts that are the same each week or 2 different ones in order to get the best results. I am not good at figuring out rotations and such!

Ha! I'm up early so beat the midwest and other west coast cheetahs!

I'll be doing PUB or some other full upper body workout, elliptical and abs today. PF is still under attack. I wish it would just go away quietly!

Cathy, I love your picture and think you really are beautiful. I love your smile! Now I don't have to picture Elaine Benis when I think of you! Thanks for saying what you did last night. It does help to know that I am not some kind of freak! I do need to get a handle on this bad eating though and am just not sure how to deal with the yearnings when they come on. It's been a perpetual struggle and I'm getting quite tired of it. If I didn't workout so hard I'd probably weigh 200 lbs.

Laurie, Sounds like you've got a house full of great teenagers. See my post to Cathy above. I wish I was dealing with one day of bad eating followed by three weeks of good rather than the other way around.

Wendy, Aren't you supposed to be out looking at houses this morning??? LOL!! Have an awesome workout just as soon as Joey lets you have at it.

Linda, Put groceries away?? You must have been waiting at the door of the store waiting for them to open! LOL! Do you need a TM to use Barry's Bootcamp or will and elliptical work?

Sunny, I'm amazed at how fast you made the transition to full time PT! You've got me wondering if that is something I could do and enjoy.

Jess, Sounds like you need your DH around when you are not well otherwise you'd work yourself to death! Crazy cheetah is an apt description indeed. When I'm sick I just go to bed until I feel better and let everyone around me just deal!

Gayle, Glad DS is feeling better. I understand about the food thing, believe me...

Better hurry and click post message and beat the other CA Cheetah's to the punch!!! I'll be back...

Oh, Elaine. I really wonder if I'm in a league of my own sometimes, with my eating! LOL. Seriously, I've thought about it and can't believe the horrible things I do to my insides by eating JUNK when I'm not hungry, to the point where I'm sick to my stomach. It's like a switch for me all the time. I'm great, eating clean, then one single splurge and that switch goes off and it's back to DIRTY eating.

OH, whoa is me, I know. SORRY! But I'm focussing on turning it around today and not letting this go for 3 days. 2 was enough!!!!!!

Gayle

p.s. I don't care WHAT I have to do, I will get my 6 miles in today....outside, treadmill, I don't care....IT WILL GET DONE!

Good morning cheetahs

Love the pics!!!! Susan and Christine, you two look so good. Christine...easy to remember your warm smile...:)...I can only imagine you had a great time talking...

Cathy..thanks for posting one in your shirt!! You look so pretty and have a wonderful smile! I will have to take one in mine eventually...:)..so you didn't order the 6 ft bands? Have fun with the run and L&G...

Wendy...How do you like Legs & Back? It is definitely a different way to work the legs...

Laurie...Happy B-Day to Marley.! Enjoy your steady state cardio...:)

Laura...might be good to change up your total body workouts. Just so you don't get bored.

Sunny...have a great time at the Circus.

Linda...I always run outdoors. I have never owned a TM..:)...Sounds like you are excited about Barry's workouts. I have some of his stuff. I have not done any in awhile.

Barb....I like to workout to alot of different kinds of music (except country) I do draw the line there...:)..that drunken lullabies song sounds funny. So sorry about the Kahlua incident. I won't even tell you how bad my garage is...silly putty hammer time!! Maybe one of these years you could join Elaine and I. Humboldt is hands down, one of the prettiest marathons I have ever run.

Jess...so sorry about the influenza...I had it a few years ago. I felt dreadful and could not even workout, luckily the worst of it only lasted a few days...I even missed a race I had signed up for! So it is the stomach flu...yuk...I hope you feel better soon..

Christine...I have thought for awhile that all us cheetahs should get together. But us Cali cheetahs could do it too...

Susan...sorry about the sore hamstring during BM2...hope it feels better today. Thanks for posting the pics!!

Shelly...so sorry about Birdy....I wish her a speedy recovery. 60 min on the EXT and then L&G....WOW....:)..Humboldt is Oct 21 http://www.redwoodsmarathon.org/ ..come join us!!!!!

Judy..glad you found out the HRM was faulty. Good luck with the new one...:)

Elaine...I am completely serious about Humboldt too. I have run it twice and it is breathtaking in areas...I love the redwoods. Sorry about the Kettle Chips...:(...they did come with a warning...:)...I am still trying to loose the baggage form the endless bags of them myself!! I have been lucky to avoid PF so far. I hope the pain subsides fast for you...

I am doing some kickbox and legwork today. It is raining alot, but I am glad because we have so needed it.

Have a good day...:)

PACKAGE CAME......PACKAGE CAME.......PACKAGE CAME........ WHoooooo Hooooooo :7 :7 HAPPY DANCE :7 :7

(OK, I know, enough now!);-)

This system looks very impressive hopefully it will deliver as well }( . I'm not sure which routine to do. I need weightloss more than anything, but I'm not sure if the lean or double routine will give me the results I'm looking for. They both probably would, but anybody having done this system before have any advice?

We were pretty busy at the bar last night, made some pretty good tips, but oh my feet are tired. :-( Today DS and I will get groceries while DH is working at the bar and then DS has his basketball game this afternoon. I'm trying to think of a really good supper to have tonight since we are all home for once.

Workout will be a P90X workout, just not sure which rotation to start, so I'll get back to you on that.

I'll be back for personnels as well. :)

Marcia.

HAPPY DANCE for ya, Marcia! It's about time it came! Glad it got there safely. I say dive right in. It will take you one or two times thru the weight workouts until you find that perfect number that gets you to the reps you're shooting for. HAVE FUN! ENJOY! TAKE YOUR TIME! Let us know what you decide to do!!!!!!!!

Gayle

THANKS, Gayle, I will dive right in and hopefully have some great pics to post after awhile ;-) (of course, I have to figure out the picture posting and I haven't been able to do that yet :-( ) Soon!

Cathy - you are so beautiful, thanks for posting your picture, it is so nice to put a face to the name.

Marcia.

Elaine ~ Here's a recap of the Fitness article on PF. Here's the stretch: Sit on the floor or a chair, with the affected leg crossed over the other knee. Stretch the arch of your top foot by pulling toes back toward the shin for a count of 10. Do 10 reps, at least 3 times a day. Perform this stretch before you take your first step in the morning & prior to standing after you've been sitting for a long time.

For me, I had PF last year in the beginning of marathon training. It was so bad that it felt like I was standing on needles, especially in my heels. I had to wear tennis shoes EVERYWHERE (even in the house), and could not wear my favorite flip flops for a while. Stretching my calves helped along with using my dd's super bouncy ball to rub all over the bottoms of my feet every time I sat down. Aleve will help too as long as you take it consistently. I also got some generic orthotics from my podiatrist that I always wear while exercising. I ran through it (I know how your dh felt!), but once you get going, it feels fine. (it stretches & loosens the fascia as you run) Make SURE you stretch your calves & do those stretches as soon as you're done running, then put your tennis shoes BACK on. It can go away even while running, mine did. The podiatrist just told me to stop running if the pain didn't stop after a mile or 2 (he knew I wasn't going to stop running til it was healed!). HTH some!!

Ooh, another Cheetah doing P90X!! I just can't afford to try it out now, but I love hearing about how much you all love it! Good luck, Marcia!! Enjoy your day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.