::: CHEETAHS ::: Sat., 12/30

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Hi cheetahs-

I am still without luggage and dealing with these dopes from United...grrr!...I may just take another rest day and simply enjoy my massage this afternoon.

Am gonna go catch up with any posts from last night and be back.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

Good morning! Hope everyone is good!

Cathy - I sure hope you get your luggage soon! I think you look great in your ski gear! That is great that you aren't sore, other than your neck! Cathe is really good at whipping us into shape!

Well....I think I may do P90X. I dug it out and am getting ready to do C&B, ABX and then go for a run outside a little later! Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I guess I should go get busy!

I'll check in a little later!

Linda

Hey Cathy!!!:) Welcome home Girl!! The pics you posted are awesome! The moguls in the first picture look wicked, wouldn't be seeing me on that run!!!:+ Too bad your luggage decided to stay on vacation without you, hope it doesn't take too long to straighten out. You massage should feel wonderful after all of the work of skiing and stress of travelling!

Linda, have fun with P90X, it really must be a great system because even after a few years it seems as popular as ever!

Okay, I'm feeling pretty out of the loop here but I guess that's part of Christmas break. I admit to feeling very much like Elaine said yesterday with the vicious cylcle of eating holiday food, not getting workouts in, eating more holiday food....I work today then I'm off until Thursday so I'm hoping to crank things up and get rid of the crappy food. My sister and her family are coming New Year's Days and my contribution to dinner is chocolate fondue (nothing CLEAN about that!!!). I slept too late for a workout this morning and Glen's coming over after work so it ain't gonna happen today. Hopefully I can keep the bad hand away from my cake hole and not guilt out too much about missing yet another workout.

Wendy, glad things are settling back down for you, I've been thinking of you, Sal and Joey lots:)

Hello all you wonderful Cheetahs to follow!:)

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning, I actually slept in unti 6:50 this morning. WOW, it's been a long time since I've done that. It's extremely foggy here today and in the 30's. Big snow storm coming our way (from CO, Cathy ;-) ) but we are so warm this winter that we will only get it as rain.

One week from today we will be in the air flying to Mexico. :7 :7 :7 I'm so darn excited now.

I'm not sure at all what to do today or for a workout. DS and I will be hanging out until this evening when we meet up with the other family we are going with to go over things. This week will go very fast and we want to have everything organized at least in our thoughts so we are ready come next Friday evening.

We went out to eat last night and on the way home, of course I ate too much fish, shrimp and potatoes, I was thinking that no wonder I'm overweight - I eat so much that I'm stuffed, full, tired and worthless x( I know I obviously need to cut down to lose weight (which I'm trying to do - reading Eat to Live right now), but that's probably why I'm so tired all the time. I'm in a bad rut of eating all the time - not very timely since we are going to Mexico. Oh well, at least I'm realizing it sometime :)

OK - I'm rabbling on and on, sorry - - - - - not sure at all what to do for a workout today. Maybe Cardio Coach on the ellipital or I should really do some weight work. I hope Cathe posts her January rotation soon so I can start planning. ;-)

Have a great day everyone - I'll be back later.
Marcia.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think it is great you are not really sore. I know the massage will be good for the neck...:)..I think I normally go for plain chips but have tried Chipotle BBQ once in awhile...Sorry about your luggage! I hope it finds its way to you soon...

Linda..have fun with P90X! C&B is a toughie. And AbRipperX isn't easy either. Have a nice run after...

Laurie...I think alot of us are in not a great eating cycle. But I think the new year will make a difference. How nice your sister and family are visiting. Have a nice day after work with Glen...

Marcia...wow! only a week until your vacation. I bet the week will fly by...:)

Not sure what I am doing today. Thinking of a kickbox and weight mish mosh...

Have a great day...:)

carole and everyone else that has done p90x. I was saying this to the people in the xers thread that this system doesnt have alot of cardio in it. even the doubles rotation doesnt look like alot of cardio. also, this rotation only has you hit each muscle group with wts once a week. this is totally different that what I learned. I was told for muscle definition you should lift 2-3xweek each body p;art. how is this enough to reap all the benefits we hear about p90x? so if I teach class 2x week and run 2x week that is way more cardio than they call for. will that hinder the results that this program is going for or make my results even better? I am confused about what to do and not to do. help?

I will run later this morning,hoping it will warm up abit. I did turbojams ab workout last night . Its a different way of hitting your abs. I will try her method and see what kind of results I get. hopefully get rid of the lower pouch.

talk with you all later!

G'morning Cheetahs!! I didn't even have a chance to post y'day. We've been busy while the girls are off on vacation!! They've been sleeping in past 8 every morning though, which is nice!! Allison & Kiersten slept til about 8:30 this morning!! I think that Kiersten's Zyrtec medicine for her allergies makes her sleep more too, that is a side effect listed for it. Oh well, she needs the sleep!!

I ended up squeezing in GS legs (standing part only) at about 7PM last night. Just no time to do it the rest of the day!! I felt it in my glutes/ hamstrings this morning, but nothing like the last time I did it! I met my friends for a run this morning!!! Melissa wasn't feeling well so she made it a mile & called it quits. She has the Disney half next weekend & needs to get over this bad cold she has. So Erin & I ended up running another 2.5 (darn IT band was tender so I walked a bit on & off), then we walked another 1.6 miles to make a total of 6.1 miles. And, we did a good quarter mile or so of walking lunges, so my legs are good & worked out! :p

Plus, my dd has a bday party for her best friend at the ice skating rink today so I'll be ice skating for a couple hrs. I looove ice skating but haven't been in ages so it should be fun. My legs will be sore tomorrow I'm sure!

Greg is feeling better, poor guy was miserable for a couple days. My FIL is here & they are building me a corner computer desk!!! My FIL is really handy & he makes some great stuff so I can't wait to see how it turns out!

OK, gotta shower & get the kiddos ready for the party! Sorry I haven't been around as much, I've been reading all of your posts but will respond when I have more time!

Oh, and I forgot to post that I ordered the high step (just the topper) & a few new DVD's! I used my Christmas money. ;-) I couldn't resist!! I ordered Boot Camp/ Muscle Endurance, Cardio Fusion, LIC, and LowMax. I can't wait to try them out!!!!! And I'm super excited about having a high step too!!! It was a hard choice picking through the DVD's that I don't have yet but I think I'll put these to good use!! }(

Linda :: thanks for the compliment! :) Enjoy your P90x workout & your run!

Laurie :: thanks for the welcome home. :) I did accidentally find myself on a small patch of moguls at one point. THAT was interesting…lol…but I made it. Yes, I do think the massage is needed for the muscles AND the stress of the return trip. I travel quite a bit, so I understand things happen, but United has grossly mismanaged our entire travel experience. And still, no bag in sight…grrr! Cracked up about keeping the bad hand away from the cakehole! You and Elaine are not alone with the beastly eating…I did McDonald’s yesterday—ack!!…So I will be cranking it up along with you. Enjoy your night with Glen! :)

Marcia :: lol…I know what you mean…I slept until around 7:30 this morning, which is late for me, too…I also hear you about eating too much…I am much more conscious of that when I go to restaurants now than I used to be…If the portions are big, I usually only eat half and rarely bring home a doggie bag anymore. Of course, sometimes I do overdo it now and then, but I definitely keep myself more in check than I used to. I hate that bloated, can’t-move feeling after gorging, too! It really is about moderation, and I have found that we *can* train ourselves to practice it without going off the deep end either way. Maybe strive to make this a really clean eating week, so you don’t feel guilty while in Mexico. Personally, I think vacation is when we should be able to let loose a little.

Carole :: I still have to get over to Trader Joe’s and try the kettle chips…actually, my spa is over that way…if traffic’s not too crazy, I may head over there. Enjoy your w/out – whatever you decide.

Laura :: interesting question…I’m glad you posted it…it seems we want to target the same areas – thighs and lower gut! I’m curious to hear what the conventional wisdom on that is…I really want to train smart and get more sculpted this year. Have a great run—hope the temps are comfortable for you.

Jess :: your legs are definitely getting a workout today…have fun skating! I haven’t gone in years, either, but am planning an outing soon as it’s a good exercise to complement skiing.

OK, cheetahs...I'll be in & out today as I've planned for this to be a day of mostly veggin' out (and waiting for my darned suitcase).

ETA: BTW, where is Wendy this morning? She hasn't been around much in a couple of days. I hope Joey's OK??

Good morning to all the beautiful cheetahs! I really slept in today... woke up at 0745!!:eek: Oh well, the old bod needed it I guess. I did work it hard yesterday. I was feeling wired after dinner and did the standing portion of B&G. Today will be my favorite circuit workout..drillmax!!! Later I'll get in an hour on the elliptical. Tomorrow I'll finish out the year with a 13 mile run around a lake :7

Cathy- I think another rest day is well warranted after your travel day from hell! Hope you get reunited with your luggage soon. Thanks for the pic where you can see your face! I think you look darn good:) Enjoy your massage! I have yet to ever get one!!!

Linda- We have alot of cheetahs starting a p90x rotation right now!
How do you manage with the pullups?

Laurie- Sounds like you have a wonderful New Years plan. Don't sweat it with the holiday eating. With your fitness level the effects will be negligible:)

Marcia- You're cute with your countdown! Tminus 7 days....to Mexico!!! I read Eat to Live about a couple of years ago... it really made a difference with me and I recommend it all the time.
Hey .... I'll help you out with your workout dilemma.... why not do both!}( (I can be incorrigible at times)

Laura- Another p90xer! I just fit the p90x workouts in when it's right with me. I almost never follow rotations since my own schedule is so erratic. I do agree with you that the cardio is very light. I think Carole should be able to help you alot with this.

Jess- wooohooooo 6+ miles!!! WTG, you must be feeling so good about it now! Good luck with the ice skating. The few times I have tried it my ankles were killing me afterwards!

Carole- I'm sure you'll come up with some great mish-moshes with your new DVD player! I think that's so great we'll both be racing on Jan 14th!!! 9+ miles will be a walk in the park for you, I bet you'll be a formidable team. How do they manage age categories with the relay? Do you all have to be in the same category?

Well, gotta get moving before the morning's over. Hi to all who follow!

ShellyC

Good Morning Cheetahs.

Well, yesterday was not perfect in the eating category but it was much, much better so I'm on the road to 100% clean eating. I did get in some much needed body movement though. After doing MM I got on my elliptical for 40 minutes. Later that day I needed to get the kids out of the house so we took about a 5 mile walk through the dunes and on the beach, 2 1/2 miles out and then back again. DD did pretty good but I had to carry her on my shoulders a few times when she started to slow down too much.

Today I won't be able to get a run in so am thinking of mixing elliptical with some step....maybe the blasts in Low Max. I love the blasts in that one but the step segments in between seem to go on and on and on.

Cathy, I like to take a day to veg after I get back from any kind of trip. Enjoy your massage today. I hope it fixes your neck right up.

Carole, I need to go to Trader Joe's today maybe I'll pick up some of those chips you mentioned and have one more night of not so clean eating on New Year's Eve. Have fun with whatever workout you decide on.

Laurie, I do think, as Carole said, that the new year will help in curbing "bad hand/cake hole" combo:7 . OK, what exactly is chocolate fondu? Sounds like Glen is around quite alot?

Marcia, I've heard the Eat To Live mentioned on these forums many times. Do you like it? Where in Mexico are you going?

Laura, Do you like the Turbojam workouts? I take it the ab work is not traditional crunches.

Jess, I am happy to hear that all of that sickness is almost gone from your house now. When do your DDs go back to school? My kids don't go back until Jan 8th and I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine. I am sure that will help with my eating and unstructured workouts. I really should try your approach and stay busy 100% of the time!

Wendy, I hope everything is OK with Joey!

I think I'll head downstairs to do my workout now! Talk to you all later.

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!

Time to take down the tree and put away the ornaments and decorations and get ready for 2007. I have grocery shopping to do today as well, so it will be a busy day. Tonight we’re going out with friends, but I’ll be good. I have be sooo horrible lately that I’ve decided today is the day. Even with a New Years Eve party tomorrow night. I’m going to be good. Darn it! Well, today is a 5/6 mile run and I might add a functional fitness video – I’m thinking Strength in Movement. We’ll see. I’m busy downloading my running music to my iTunes so I can put it on my Shuffle.

So Sunny – have you decided which rotation you are doing? And if so – which one? :+

Shelly – do I have hills? Well, yes and no. I live in the valley, so it’s pretty flat where I am, but there are mountains that are near, but they are pretty much straight up. So, we don’t have a lot of hills for hill repeats, but I can do a 7.5 mile run that is pretty hilly, if that makes any sense. It’s out my door and into Saratoga – so it’s all up then all down. Which is really fun on the down part. I think I’m going to be doing my repeats on the treadmill.  Maybe I should visit you to train! Sounds like a fabulous run!! How’s the ole motorcycle? Sounds like fun! And a 13 mile run around a lake? Sounds like a wonderful way to end a good year! I’ll be thinking of ya!

Cathy – I’m so sorry United has not returned your luggage yet!! What a pain! And of course, it’s probably the stuff you need. LOVE the pics! Thanks so much for sharing!!! And yeah, I don’t do moguls either. Glad you made it through your patch! Sounds like we need a “beastly eating check in” or something… Hope the suitcase arrives soon!

Linda – Have fun with P90X!! It’s a good one! I think you can get results, great results, with P90X with running

Laurie – oh yeah! I’m in that cycle too! As Shelly said, it seems to be an unfortunate side affect of the Holidays. Don’t worry about it, actually (I’m trying not to!) as once everything normalizes, we’ll get back to the good habits. It’s just so tough not to worry about it!

Marcia – I’m with you. I have 20 pounds I want to lose (25 now with the holidays!). I can’t seem to control myself when I eat so many times. I eat until I’m stuffed, and I make bad choices, then only when I’m finished and feeling icky, do I regret it! I don’t know what the answer is. I’m hoping the switch to a vegetarian lifestyle will help – but I need to get THAT back on track, too! 7 DAYS!! 7 DAYS!!! You’ll have fun in Mexico! Enjoy!

Carole – Have fun with your Mish Mosh! My favorites are the salt and pepper Kettle Chips. I adore those things so much that it’s dangerous for me to have them in the house!

Laura – You do hit the muscles more than once, just in a way different from Cathe. Remember push ups work the back as well as the chest and pull ups work EVERYTHING! Believe me, the weight work in this program is definitely enough! As to whether or not adding cardio will hinder the results – well, it really depends on what you want. If you’re looking to get super cut, then maybe. But, if you’re looking to add definition and lean down a bit, then no. But do keep in mind that P90X itself takes a lot of energy – more so than the standard Cathe’s. Adding 4 additional days of cardio will be very tiring. I learned that one the hard way!

Jess – glad you’re having fun with the girls! Have fun ice skating! I enjoy that too! Glad Greg is feeling better!! And WOW!! They are BUILDING you a corner desk? That is wonderful! How cool! So much nicer than anything store bought! Enjoy your day, Jess!

Hello to all who follow!!

Oh hey Elaine! We were posting at the same time! Glad you are doing better with your eating! I hope I can soon too! Enjoy your elliptical workout.

I think Shelly, Christine and I were posting at the same time.

Hi Shelly and Christine! You both sound great today! I've had to cut back on my running since I don't want to put DD in the stroller and run while pushing her. After carrying her on my shoulders yesterday I think it's a good decision to use my elliptical instead. Anyway, both of you have me salivating for a run so enjoy it twice as much for me OK?

There we go again Christine, posting at the same time! I think that yesterday I was feeling just like you are today with the eating. You know, getting a point where feeling so crappy from ingesting so much crap is just not gonna cut it any longer. I ate 100% clean yesterday except for the few handfuls of m&ms that needed to be polished off:7 There is much to be said for exercise induced endorphins too. It is amazing to me how working my body hard can put me in the best mood ever!

I'm here, I'm here!:)

Thanks everyone for your concern w/my not being around recently but THANKFULLY it was not needed. We are doing fine...just a bit busy. :+

Thank you to everyone also for the continued warm and fuzzy thoughts for my little guy! I really appreciate it and so does he!:+

Linda: You asked me about my P90X rotation...My plan is to do the weight work as written and sub in runs for some of the cardio. Not sure exactly how many yet though. Maybe I'll alternate and do 2 runs with 1 x cardio one week and then do 2 x cardios with 1 run the next week and so on. It kind of depends on my ability to get out for runs wether it be outside or at the gym on the days the cardio is assigned. I am planning on doing the Classic rotation, btw. What do you plan to do??

Cathy: I haven't really been up to date on the threads. I am skimming them very quickly. I hope you had a great time in CO! The pics you posted are AWESOME!!!

Well, I was right, y'day was a no-go for a work out. I just did not have the time in the morning and by the time I got home it about 9pm, I was beat and had to start doing things to prep for leaving today for A/C.

This morning, however, while daddy was taking Joey to Nanny's house, mom got out there and ran. I ran for 3 miles around my town. It was a bit chilly at first but I was wearing my new running gloves that DH bought me for Christmas :) and the rest of me warmed up rather quickly. I am going to pack gear and see what the weekend brings. Perhaps I can run the boards or maybe even use the healthspa's TM at the hotel at some point. I'll have to see. We are leaving in a couple of hours will be back some time on Monday. :)

Well, that's all my little brain can produce at the moment so now I must start packing...UGH! LOL

Maybe I can pop in again before we leave but if not, have a happy, healthy and safe New Year to all of my wonderful warm and fuzzy Cheetahs!:* :* :*

HI Cheetahs-

It has been busy for sure!

Wendy- TG your little guy is doing fine!

My elliptical was deliverd yesterday and I did an hour of intervals on it! Awesome! This week 3 runs and one body part per day was the schedule. ( well I still have to get in biceps) Tomorrow will be elliptical again and lower body a la carte!

We are having a New Years Eve Party and then going to a freinds to watch bowl games on Monday. Then back to routines! TG I have kept up the WO's and not (many) cookies!

TTFN and Happy New Year!
Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

elaine- the turbo jam had standing ab exercises. she really emphasizes on tucking the pelvis under during the standing work. a girl at work let me copy her workouts.she says its the first time she has had abs. but she is more of a beginner/int exerciser. I didnt find the one workout very challenging but figured if I was having a lazy day or just tired I could do these workouts,also a change of pace.

christine - your right,push ups do hit several different muscles at a time. I just thought you had to specifically lift wts say for the shldrs 2-3xweek to get more cut etc... I remember asking about how I could get more muscle definition before and the responses where always to lift 3xweek for each body part since I had always just done it 2x week and my progress has been so slow.I am one of those people who when I flex you can see the muscles but when I am resting you see nothing. I want arms that you just look at and see the muscles flexing or not.oh how I want that!!

shelly- people have had great results, I am just nervous about giving up all the cardio I do. I hate that I want to do so much. I teach class 2x week and I love to run plus I want to do the p90x.how to do all of it is going to be my problem. I do 5k's and half marathons and that is why I dont want to lose the running endurance. It takes alot to get that back. oh well, I will figure it out.

boy, is anyone else finding the new clothes int he stores fitting smaller? the lady at walmart said the sizes seem to be getting smaller as far as fit. before they where generous. the no boundaries brand isnt selling to well because you have to go up 2-3sizes for them to fit. they even had them marked down to 10.00 and they arent selling. I was in the dressing room and man I felt and looked like a fat hog. those mirrors made me feel like my thighs where 10miles wide,talk about depressing.

talk with you all later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.