::: CHEETAHS ::: Sat., 12/23

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Here it is…2:30 again and I’m awake… :p I so do *not* wanna get caught in this cycle! Every once in a while, I fall into a bizarre sleeping pattern...

Oh well, let me get caught up from yesterday….

Wendy :: you were right on about passing out within half an hour of coming home yesterday! And no, I did not bring *any* schoolwork home over break…yippee!!

Laura :: hope your legs benefited from a day’s rest. Oddly enough, my hammies were unusually tight yesterday as I did KPC and today my butt (!?) has a little DOMS. It’s odd because I’ve worked out less this week than any other! Go fig. I know what you mean…my uncle’s death changed my perspective on life, too…I sometimes worry or get a little paranoid that something terrible has happened…I am better about it…it doesn’t happen as often…but if I get a phone call at a strange time of day/night, it’s the first thought in my head…I’m just reminded of that awful moment…it’s kinda jarring.

LD :: that’s what happens if you’re away from the thread for a while (this summer I missed about a MONTH’s worth of threads—there’s *a lot* of cheetah activity happenin' in one month!!)…you’ll get back in the loop soon, I’m sure. Have a safe trip to Indiana.

Marcia :: yes, I teach 8th grade language arts. Good work on the elliptical! Sounds like it was a sweatfest, for sure. I do not do Bento’s workouts, so I can’t help ya...Hopefully someone else knows about them.

Judy :: Happy belated birthday!!!! Sounds like you enjoyed your day. What is a Makenzie Childs platter? I don’t really have any last-minute preparations as I always go to my aunt’s for Christmas Eve…We usually do not bring anything because she always puts out enough to feed a small army. Usually I bake for my students, but there was just no time this week.

Christine :: oh yes, there’s a mall over in Exton, isn’t there? I only went to one of the happy hours and kept it low-key. Traffic around here yesterday afternoon was HORRENDOUS. I dread going back out today, but I have a salon appointment at 9. Interesting the way you use the circuits after heavy weight training. I don’t think I ever understood the smart way to work them in. Your Christmas Eve menu sounds de-lish.

Carole :: Accutane worked for my sister…I know it has risks, and I never thought I would agree to it, but I am at my wit’s end…If there is a possibility it could make this go away for good, I’m willing to try it. Hmm, I’ve only done Power Hour once and don't remember it much, but you and Christine are making me want to give it another go.

Jess :: hope Hannah enjoyed her birthday festivities.

Sunny :: congrats on getting the interview!! Lots of positive good luck vibes comin’ your way! Hope your son enjoyed his b-day as well. Have fun @ Chuckie Cheese’s.

Susan :: if I told you how I’ve been eating since T-giving, you would not sweat your one-time eatfest for a second! Jan. 1 -- I go back to being hardcore. :) Have a safe trip out to Chicago and enjoy this Christmas with your mom. I’ll be thinking of you.

Elaine :: Woohoo on the 9.37! WTG!!

Laurie :: enjoy your workout today -- whatever it may be -- and hope your clients are good to you today!

For any cheetahs starting their travels today :: have a safe trip and happy holidays!

I have an appointment at 9 am but am planning a run after. I'd like to think I might have enough energy for some weights after, but given the status of my health this week, I'd say that's a little ambitious. Still not feeling 100%, but will see.

I have signed up for a "Biggest Winner" friendly competition at my school. It is $100 to join as there are monthly prizes for incentive, and it runs from Jan. 1 - Sept. 1. There are two teams of staff - all of us trying to lose weight...The weigh-ins are monthly (the nurse will be keeping *private* records, thank-you-very-much) and our principal is granting us permission to work out at school (we have a spin room and a free weight room) at 2:15 when we don't have kids staying after. (We are contracted to 2:45 pm.) I'm kinda pumped! I'm thinking to beat the darkness this winter, I may run near my school two days a week. I'm not worried about winning so much...but I'm looking at it as a fun way to help me reach my goal (to lose about another 20). A little pressure would be good for me.

I probably will start packing this afternoon, but I'm sure I'll stop back in.

Cathy :)

Good Morning Cathy and all Cheetahs who follow!:)

Cathy...So what time was it that you actually fell asleep last night?? That competition sounds cool. I know what you mean about it being motivating. It's a good idea. Hopefully you win something though as it did cost a bit of $$$ to join! Good luck with it! Packing, huh? UGH! I LOVE going places but I DESPISE packing!

Well, I was going to take a rest day today but I think I am going to wait. I can squeeze in some cardio before heading over to my mom's this morning. Since my eating has been so friggin' awful lately, I am not going to pass up that opportunity! I'll be taking a rest day on Christmas (Monday) after 8 days of work outs. That's the plan, anyway. }(

About an hour after I finished eating that B&J lf yogurt I started eating salsa on triscuits! In and of itself it's not such a bad snack but adding to the yogurt just made feel like such a pig! x(

So I don't have any DOMS today! WOOH! It's wierd how I can be so happy about NOT getting any on one day, happy about getting some the next day and the then PIST that I didn't get any the day after that! LOL I'm all over the board with my thoughts on DOMS! ;)

Okay, done babbling on for now....I'll be back later hopefully!

Hey Wendy~

Glad somebody else is up! I fell asleep at 3 pm (!) and was down for the count...lol. So what are you planning to do for cardio? If it weren't dark outside, I'd go running NOW...I'm pretty bored. But not quite ready to start puttering around the house yet. For me, it's UN-packing that's the worst. I have been known to leave stuff in a suitcase for a week after returning simply b/c I just can't deal with it. :p WTG on the 8 straight days of workouts!! You can be my trainer for this competition, ha ha!

Hey Cathy.

I thought you were going to happy hour last night? Couldn't stay awake that long? LOL Okay, you need to force yourself to stay awake until a reasonable hour or you'll never get back on track with your sleep! I am LOL'ing at your comment about unpacking...I have a problem with that too!:p I almost ALWAYS take atleast a week to upack totally even if I'm only going away for the weekend!:7 :7 :7

Wendy,

I *did* go to happy hour. It started at 12:30. :D I know - you are right...I'm going to have to stay up late and get myself into a normal routine again. Glad I'm not alone on the unpacking thing!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...insomnia here too....but mainly because my DH's hunting buddy called at 4:15 to see where my DH was....late as usual...so I figured why go back to sleep now. I do know Accutane has its risks and my niece had good luck with it a few years back but she seem to be struggling again. I do hope it will work for you. It seems to be the music in Power Hour, it just goes right along with the excersises and that is what makes it fun for me. The Biggest Winner competition sounds fun! It seems like great incentive and you will have us here cheering you on!!

Wendy...I have not tried salsa with triscuits....:)...but it sounds healthy...:). So what cardio is on your list for today?

I just got done hooking up my new 5 disc DVD player!!! Thanks A-Jock, now I can finally do those mish moshes effectively!!!

Not sure what I am doing today...I want to do full body and cardio....maybe BM2?....I think I am still asleep....:)

I will catch up with personals later...

Hello everyone:

Cathy - Your contest sounds fun, we are doing something similar to that at my school, too, but we don't have partners we are on our own. I think that's a great idea because then you can motivate each other and try to keep each other on track as well. GOOD LUCK!

I have no idea what to do for a workout today. It's going to be very cold and windy outside so a run is out of the question. I did elliptical yesterday - Cardio and Weights the day before - UGH - I just don't know?? I bartend tonight so I'll be moving most of the evening. Maybe a strength workout would be good?

Have great workouts today everyone. Enjoy the day. DS and I will be finishing up shopping, groceries and a few deliveries.

Take care,
Marcia.

Hey All!

I FINISHED!!! I made my list, attacked the stores and got everything that I needed (with a few swap outs – I took the full lists with me, just in case). I’m SOOO excited! Now I just need to wrap, and buy a ton of groceries, both of which are on my agenda for today. I think I’m still on Eastern time. I woke up at 5AM, and was wide awake and raring to go. I managed to stay in bed until 6, but now I’m up and getting things done. For a workout I’m either going to the gym for a run/elliptical (probably run as far as I can, then switch to the elliptical). I downloaded a iStretch, so I’ll do that one afterwards. Or I’m going to take Tucker and head up to the local trails and do a trail run. I’m just worried that it will be really muddy up there. We’ve had some nasty rain this week.

Cathy – I’m sorry you’re having difficult sleeping. I am happy you have no school work over break! Good for you! I actually did the cardio only after the weights, so I didn’t do any additional weights. I’m getting into the mish moshes that can be done with Cathe’s workouts! I use circuits more for recovery weeks. 3 weeks heavy weights followed by a week of circuits with lighter weights and higher reps. Power hour is different than Cathe’s other workouts, but I like it. I LOVE the Biggest Winner idea! How wonderful and how positive!

Wendy – enjoy your workout! I’m debating taking a rest day on Christmas – I may have to, but I did not work out much this week (3 days off!). When I was at my sis’s house I ate horrendously! And because she has no clue about vegetarians, I ate meat. I’m so happy to be back to vegetarian! Good thing is that after 5 days of eating like a pig, the weight is dropping back off quickly.

Carole – oh have fun with your new toy!! You can do all the cool mish moshes. We have a 5 disc, but it will only mish mosh on one disc – weird. Oh well.

Marcia – Sounds like a strength workout is the ticket! Enjoy your day, too!

Susan – Thinking of you with your travels to Chicago. When you get back, let’s pick a date and meet for Indian. It’s crazy that we live so close and have yet to meet.

Elaine – I’m SOOO happy you’re able to do long runs again!

Well, off for WrapMax. My glutes are sore from the endless squats and lunges in Power Hour – it feels good. One thing I learned in the Body Pump class was how to do the dead lifts more effectively. WOW – they really get into the hams and glutes as well!

Carole :: sorry to hear you had a bout of insomnia, too. I'm gonna save my run for mid-afternoon so I'm not tempted to conk out again. How old is your niece? I'm kinda hoping I might be of an age where the acne is not likely to return. According to my doc, the older you are, the better.

Marcia :: hope you had a good workout, whatever you decided on. Are you doing the competition at your school?

Christine :: Wow! You accomplished A LOT in a short amount of time! Nice going!!

OK, time to commence with the packing. It's up to the attic to get my suitcase. Will BBL. Still need to run, too.

Cathy :)

Hey all - done with WrapMax. I know I often complain about my teenagers, but one really nice thing about having teens is that they sleep in and I can sit in the family room in the morning andjust bang out wrapping. It's also nice because the things they want are more expensive so there is not as much to wrap. Now it's GroceryListMax, followed by a run- outdoors. Decided to just run around the neighborhood so I don't take too much time working out.

Cathy - have fun packing! When are you leaving? I love packing for trips! It's so exciting!

Good morning!

We all slept in until 8 o'clock this morning:eek: And that's after falling asleep at 9:30 last night!:eek: :eek:

Today I will probably do MM since I know it well and can get through it quickly. After that I'll get on my elliptical for a bit. I'm going to run again tomorrow. I think I've got a touch of PF so will be paying special attention to that, not letting it get out of hand.

For dinner last night I made African sweet potatoe peanut stew from the VEGAN PLANET cookbook and OMG!!! it was so freaking good!

Personals:

Cathy, I think my sleep pattern is opposite yours. I feel groggy from too much sleep last night. Your Biggest Winner competition sounds like lots of fun and a great way to stay motivated with weight loss/fitness goals.

Wendy, Yesterday after eating the above mentioned very healthy and clean stew I proceeded to eat three cookies and a bowl filled with carmel corn! Don't ask me why! Because it's Christmas? I guess... But I feel icky and that might explain why I slept in so late this morning. It was a sugar/fat induced coma!:7 In other words, you are not alone in the eating free for all.

Carole, The stew I made out of Vegan Planet was the first recipe I tried and it most definately will not be the last. If you had been here I would have given you a big hug after dinner just for telling me about the book. Got any particular favorites in there that you make often?

Marcia, I say do the strength workout.

Christine, Next time I see you I'm going to have you show me the proper form for deadlifts. I just cannot do them, no matter how many times I try. And I just cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Even when I use very light weights it still gets my lower back.

Talk to you all later! Gotta get started on the day SOMETIME!

Slow day for the cheetah thread. I miss all the action! :)

Christine :: I leave on Christmas Day and return Friday. I am pretty much packed at this point except for a few minor things. Ready to go!! I just hope the airport in Denver clears up by then.

Elaine :: hope you had a good workout with MM & the elliptical! Yeah, I am thinking the competition will be just what I need to snap out of these "free-for-all" eating habits I've suddenly dropped back into! I'm not really competitive with other people, but I like that I'll be working with a team. I won't want to disappoint them. But I do think these last 20 will be tough to get off.

I just came in from a very sloooow 6-mile run. Sorry if this is gross, but I had a corn on one of my toes and it absolutely KILLED during my run. I think the skin might be rubbed raw or something--I'm afraid to look! Anyhow, I know it was a lousy run from this awful eating (I always say, garbage in--garbage out) and the fact that I haven't run in almost a week. Sheesh! Slacker Cheetah strikes again. OK, off to the showers to wash off the guilt trip...I'll be back later to see if anyone's around. But I think it's holiday prep, travel, and entertain time and cheetahs'll be scarce.

-Cathy :)

Christine....it can be quite surprising how the rain effects the normal trails we run. I had a few more puddles last sunday than normal. Congrats on getting things done. I did use my new player today, it is quite cool, so next week I will have to try a mish mosh. I will admit though, it was a b***h to hook up.

Cathy..my neice is 30, but she used the Accutane about 7 years ago. So it could be older is better...:)...sorry about the corn, but I have bunions and they do cause pain sometimes too...(thanks MOM!).

Elaine...OMG...favs in Vegan Planet....I have a list. I think I gave you the Portobello fajitas recipe. Chipotle mashed potatoes, Stuffed portobellos with chipotle mashed potatoes, Lentil soup with Chard & orzo, Black bean chili with Cilantro Pesto....I know I have more...I am so happy you tried a recipe you like...:)

I used the new player and did the 1st premix from BM2...my legs are still a bit sore from B&G thurs so I just did upper body. I noticed also the defected DVD's play fine in the new player...

Carole :: mmm, those recipes sound good! I might have to check out that book even though I do enjoy a good piece o' meat! Yeah, the corn is on the same foot where I have a bunion--I guess that's the connection. I can thank my grandmother for that one! I hope the Accutane works on the first try and that's it...the whole process seems like quite the ordeal...but my face is an absolute WRECK right now...not sure how much more of it I can take!! The new player sounds great for mish-moshes...interesting about the DVDs working fine.

I struggled w/ my run today and am now wondering if I should try getting out there again tomorrow or do weights the next two days since I won't have an opportunity to lift while out in Colorado. I'll be gone from Monday - Friday, skiing three-and-a-half days. That'll give me plenty of cardio, and I'll be working the legs pretty hard, so maybe it's wise NOT to run the next two days. Any thoughts, wise cheetahs?

Nails done, toes and fingers, in a smashing shade of red. :+ Groceries bought and put away (already discovered two things I forgot - grrr - and the one was even on the list! x( . I ended up doing Cardio Fusion because it was getting a bit windy, and I don't like to run in the wind (I'm a wuss, I know). I'm happy to be done with all that. I feel very accomplished. AND - as if that's not good enough - I'm back down to my "pre-Philly" weight. All that bad eating rectified in two days. Gotta like that. Just in time to put it back on with the party and Christmas dinner.

Cathy - have a fabulous time! I'm jealous! I love that area! We'll miss you though!

Elaine - From Vegan Planet - I love the Barley Soup with Porcini and Dill (so much so that I made it one morning so I could have it for lunch!) The Not-So-Dirty rice is good, too - but I'm a fan of tabasco sauce, and it's a little plain without that. I also like the Penne Puttanesca (I make it with linguine instead of Penne). I tend to try the dishes that sound like something else I make, but I haven't had a bad one yet. They're all really good.

Carole - the trail you and I went on is very pleasant in the rain - especially the other side as it's protected and doesn't get too windy or anything. I was dog sitting a hyper dog once, and took her on that trail - it worked really well. 11 miles later, she was no longer hyper. }( The one nearby me (5 minutes, not 15 minutes... *winks*) gets so muddy in the rainy season that it's not hikable let alone runable. So I have to be careful with that one.

Hello cheetahs,
Well, we are all packed and pretty much ready to go. You would think we were staying for a month with all the crap we have(LOL)!

The girls are very excited about the trip and I am getting a little excited now too, since most of the packing is done. I am going to make this a great trip for everyone. I am not going to stress over food or working out. I am going to just focus on my family and the joy of just being with them.

I did get PUB in today and feel great! My sciatica was acting up yesterday. I think it was just from all the running around and not enough rest the last couple of days. I just went and bought a great lumbar cushion for the plane.

Well, ladies have a great Holiday and let's make this next year an injury free year and one with balance. I definitley need some of that. Take Care special friends!

Cheers!

Susan

Cathy...I think you'd benefit from the Vegan Planet...and if you want to add some meat...go right ahead!! Honestly these are really great recipes. I had read about Sony DVD players not having problems with the new DVD's. Not that it matters now as we are all getting replacements anyways. I'd suggest just doing weights the next 2 days. I bet you will get in quote alot of cardio skiing.

Christine...I can do red polish sorta....I have to use a purple color first and then a blue red on top. Good job getting prepared...:) Funny story about the hyper dog. Makes me remember the dogs we have picked up and run with on occasion...Say it isn't so!!!! You have a trail 5 min (not 15 min)away?? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/scared3.gif[/img]

Susan...I hope you have a very special trip...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.