::: CHEETAHS ::: Sat., 10/28

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Ugh. Morning, cheetahs. I had to be up early for NYC, but not THIS early. Couldn't fall back to sleep.

Not sure if I will be able to squeeze in a workout later today - depends on what time we get back. Just wanted to say hey & hope you all have a great Saturday!

-cathy :)

PS...Christine :: I did miss your post last night...GREAT news! :)

Mornin' Ladies.

Well when I got home from work y'day I didn't feel well so I took a nap. Before I knew it my window of opportunity to work out was gone so I had to take an unscheduled rest day. :-(

I'm up with the chickens today b/c I am going to take the early Power Class this morning before heading off for the day to help my mom watch my sister's SIX kids!:eek: I'd like to squeeze in some cardio as well but time is going to be an issue so I most likely will not.

I do, however, plan to run tomorrow morning. I'd like to hit the road if weather permits. If not, it's back to the gym and the TM for me! Another busy day tomorrow too as I am working with my friend from 10am to 2pm and then I have a late lunch to go to with Joey.

Christine: That is fabulous news! I am sure you feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders now! :)
BTW, Christine...I did 5 miles the other day and that INCLUDED cardio coach. 5 miles PLUS cardio coach would have been 8 miles and I would have passed out!:7 :p

Cathy: So what are you doing in NYC today? My sister is heading into the city today. She is going to see a show with her DH. What awful weather to do that in. I feel bad for them. TRUST ME, I don't count calories on T-Day either. That is what makes the race sound so much more appealing as I can REALLY pig out guilt free then!;) :p }( :7

Laurie: Can't you order a Jari vid online??

Barb: LOL! You crack me up! Don't worry, you won't have to call the child labor dept on me!;)

Carole: YEAY for the 2 more Jari vids you got! Another fan has been created! WOOH!}( I really need to get a marketing/sales job workin' for that girl!;) :7 I can't believe the insanity that is going on with Cathe's new vids myself. I told my DH y'day that if I ever get that ridiculous to take away my gym membership and all my vids and equipment until I start acting like an adult again! LOL I think my DH was a *LITTLE TOO WILLING* to oblige!:p

Jess: So glad you and your girls had fun with your Aunt y'day! What's on tap for today's work out? How are the renovations coming along?

LD: So what did you choose...KPC or Taebo??

Laura: Best wishes for a clear mammo! SOrry your new job didn't pan out. What they did was not right. I am happy for you though that you were able to work it out with your current employer. Good for you. How is teaching going?

Susan: I can't wait to hear about your weekend away!!!!}( :+ :7

Judy: In regards to the yoga DVD, I had just said that if you are possibly interested in buying it off me, PM me and we'll see if we can't strike up a friendly Cheetah deal! ;) :) Sorry I haven't gotten back to you again regarding CC. This weekend is going to be nuts for me but I haven't forgotten you!

Katrina: What's on tap for today's workout? Gonna get that pilates in there? I used to do it pre-pregnancy. I really enjoyed it. After I had Joey I never got back into it and now that I am going to the gym Lord knows I'd go INSANE if I had to try to fit Pilates in my schedule too!:eek: Oh well...maybe some day....:)

Sunny: So what are you going to do once you get your certification in the mail? Do you have a plan? :)

Cathy ~ I'm up early too! Glad you like your new 'do. I seriously need a major trim, my hair has gotten super long!

I'm off to attempt a run w/ Erin & Melissa. They've both been dealing w/ injuries too, we decided at least we can chat & walk if nothing else! We'll see how the knee holds up....

Christine ~ Great news!!! I'm glad you got the news so you weren't waiting in anticipation all weekend!

OK, just checking the weather & it's 36 degrees. Glad I grabbed my tights! ;-) I'll let you know how it goes...

Wendy ~ We were posting at the same time! Have fun at the gym & you're doing so great w/ the workouts!!! Awesome job!! The flooring is almost done, Greg got most of the molding done y'day. It looks awesome & really finishes it up in there. I got a new curtain rod y'day & it looks good. I still have a little painting to touch up on some of the trim, but today we'll move the piano back & get things in order!!

Gotta run, literally!

Good morning cheetahpals! Hope everyone is in for a wonderful weekend! My last attempt at a run a few days ago ended after a mile
x( I'm having days when my groin injury feels just about conquered and then it rears it's ugly head again. Ah well, I'm not frustrated anymore really, just resigned. I'm making up the lost mileage with work on the elliptical and bicycle. I'll be okay and I can run vicariously with the cheetahs here!

Jess- good luck with your run today....hope the knee behaves. If you tackled IMAX 3 successfully yesterday you must be better:)

Wendy- Wow...you are the workout queen lately:eek: I guess you're still going for the 5 mile race next month?

Cathy- What's the trip to NYC for? Hope you have a great time.

Christine----no more boobsmashing!!!!!yeah!!!! Now you can get on with worrying about important things..... like how do I look in my beautiful new workout clothes, which by the way I think you should treat yourself to now! Or treat yourself to something!!!! You deserve it. :7

Today will be some Legs&Glutes and a spin on the elliptical....counting down til Monday when the new workouts arrive!!!

later

ShellyC

Hey All!:) I'm chuggin' coffee and then heading downstairs for a BodyPump workout before work. We're back to rain here but had a pretty nice day yesterday. Elizabeth, Faith and I dis-assembled the trampoline and got it all but away (stuff like that NEVER fits back into the box it came in!!). My 2 older Girls are off to Toronto with some friends for their first big concert in the city! They are so excited but I am a little nervous but know they'll be okay. They are seeing 'Hello-Goodbye', 'Cute is What We Aim For' and 3 other bands I've only just heard of through them.

Cathy, have a good day in NYC, I woke up too early as well, some crazy, wacked out dreams that got my head spinnin'. Safe travels to ya!:)

Wendy, I never checked to see if I could order Jari as I've got so much new stuff coming:) Enjoy your Power Class.

Jess, my fingers are crossed that you have a pain free and fun run!

Shelly, I feel for you Girl!!! That is one fickle injury you've got there!! Glad the elliptical is working for ya! :)

Away I go to PUMP IT!!!}(

Take Care
Laurie:)

HI ALl! Well I ended up with Tae BO Cardio because it is easier than KPC. I also did weights and so my legs were already tired! I hear ya about how everyone is going crazy about the vids. I am almost glad I preordered the last day! I know I am going to get them and I know it will be toward the end. So, I am not on open dis or Ask cathe screaming where's my shipment! I can wait and I will be happy to get them but I am not over the top. Tell me about this Jeri. I have not heard of her! Anyway, I am in a hurry this am so I will be back later for personals. Oh btw glad to hear all is well christine. Everyone have a great saturday!
LD

morning,

wendy teaching is going good so far. I really like it,more than I thought I would. I am really trying to give the people great workouts. Hopefully everyone will like my class but some people no matter what you do will complain about something. I know this from when I took the class and you'd hear people complaining sometimes. Hopefully I wont get any of that.

did my elliptical lastnight for 30 minutes,today I have to get a run in. I havent ran since last saturday. I havent had much time for many runs. If I have I have been too sore myself from class. Hopefully in the next few weeks my muscle will adapt to the classes. I myself havent done the bootcamp classes since may so I am having to get use to this type of workout again too.

I cant wait to get the new workouts of cathe. I only order drillmax and butts and gutts though. just because I am not a real step fan. I like more of the bootcamp type workouts, and the cardio blasts stuff.

I eventually will get jari love's workouts and P90x workouts. but cathe comes first!!

talk with everyone later!!

Well, I managed to do a walk/ run/ walk/ run for 6.25 miles w/ my buddies. My knee started to hurt about .5 mile into running so I'd walk, stretch, then run a bit more. It's not really painful, but I'm still feeling something for sure. It's been a month now & from what I've read IT band can take 6-8 weeks. So I'm still not back up & running, but at least making a little progress! And it was fun w/ my buddies.

I'm drinking some coffee & trying to type but my fingers are still cold so it's taking me forever.

Thanks for the nice thoughts/ well wishes! I'm like Shelly, kinda resigned that it's going to take a while to heal so I'm enjoying the Cathe step/ kickboxing!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathe...yes...I did a KPC/L&G premix. So, grading papers is not fun???...:)...Is NYC a fun trip?

Wendy...sorry you felt a bit under the weather yesterday. OMG your sister has SIX kids!!! Mamma Mia...Yes, you have enabled me for Jari! I agree and I am appalled at most of these selfish people complaining here. I haven't even explained the whole thing to my DH...

Jess...I hope you knee feels better when you run today. Enjoy the time with your friends. Sorry about the knee. Yes ITB can take some time. It's nice you can do other cardio for now...

Shelly...so sorry about the groin. I am glad you can do the Elliptical and bicycle without pain.

Laurie...enjoy your Bodypump workout. I bet your girls will have fun..have you heard of a band called Hinder? I like one of their songs....alternative music.

LD...you are right I think Taebo is easier than KPC.

Laura...I think we are all excited about the new workouts...

Christine....I hope to get my new DVD's monday! And I agree the compilation DVD sounds awesome. I might even try Cathe's Nov rotation, modified a bit...:)...I'm so happy about your mammogram outcome!!

I think I'll do RTTC again today, not sure if any cardio or not....

Have a great day...:)

Good Saturday morning Cheetahs,

Cathy...Welcome to NYC, sorry about the rain but I hope you enjoy your stay...have fun!

Wendy...I have a sister with six kids also! quite frankly, I think just watching them will give you enough of a workout;-), so you can be excused for the day. No pilates today, I know what you mean about trying to fit it all in---that's why I like the videos that are broken down in 10 minute segments like Pick Your Level Pilates and Rapid Results Pilates, you should try them out:)

Jess...Nice job on modifying to accomodate your injuries. Ugh, injuries are such downersx(

Shelly...Smart choice on the elliptical, I like the elliptical...wish I had one but I already have a TM and a recumbent bike, maybe one day:)

RunnerGirl...I hear on the craziness with the videos, it seems to be getting crazier by the day.

Carol...Enjoy RTTC, I have Jari's S&L and I ordered the new one from Amazon for $9.99. I like Jari, I always get DOMS when I do S&L

Laura...Have a good run.

Today, I did a 7 mile TM run, that was it for me today. Have great workouts everyone!

Katrina:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

Not sure what’s on the agenda today. Probably some kind of run either at the gym, around the neighborhood or taking a hike. So, we’ll see. Then it’s grocery shopping, then going to a Diwali party. I want to get everything done today so I don’t have to do it tomorrow – I’ll be toast after the party tonight – it will go into the wee hours of the morning, so DH and I will compromise (he’s a go-all-night kind of guy, I’m a home in bed by 10PM kind of girl) and probably leave somewhere around 1AM or so… But I do get to wear a sari, so that will be fun. Again- thanks for your support! I’m feeling so much better today!

Cathy – have fun in NYC!! What are you planning to do there? I love NYC. It’s a blast.

Wendy – Sorry about your unscheduled rest day! You’ll get a work out with the six kids! Joey will have fun! Oh, the five miles included the cardio coach? Here I thought you had become superwoman!

Jess- Good job on the run/walk! You’ll get there yet! *sends healing vibes to Jess* Did you order the new workouts?

Shelly – I like the way you think!! Definitely need some new workout clothes after getting my boob smashed to hell and back!! *winks* Have fun with L&G and the elliptical! I’m getting excited too, although I think I’ll have another 10 days or so before mine come… Hope the groin heals soon! That must be so darned frustrating!!

Laurie – Oh, you must be nervous – I would be! Even though you KNOW they will be okay, they’re your babies… I hope they have fun and I hope you survive as well! Hope the Body Pump class went well!

LD – it’s been so long since I’ve done Tae Bo Cardio! Did you enjoy it? I love Billy for what he’s done for so many people, but after Cathe I cannot do him as much.

Laura – I am glad you new job offered you more money. You seem to enjoy that job and you seem to do really well at it! Sounds like you’re giving yourself a great workout as well!! Why not take the class running to get a run in yourself?

Carole – Let me know what you think when you get the DVD’s! I’m dying to try Butts and Gutts – it’s supposed to be killer!! Just what my running needs!!! I also cannot understand why everyone is complaining – and complaining that certain people do not DESERVE the bonus DVD! Why do they care who gets it as long as they do? That’s just outrageous! I have the feeling after reading the rotation that more people will get it than we thought. We’ll see.

Katrina – a 7 mile treadmill run? WTG!! I’m kind of hoping we go to the gym so I can just do a steady state TM run, too. Sounds like a good plan!

Happy Diwali everyone! May the Goddess of Fortune visit you tonight- light many candles so she can find your house!!!

Hi Cheetahs-
No time to write today. I just want to say Hi and Hi five to Christine! and hugs to our walking wounded: Shelly and Jes.

Perhaps I can get on tomorrow..... Today was light: AW work of L&G and stretching. Good after an 8 mile day... TTFN

Wendy I'll try to PM tomorrow or Monday.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Katrina...thanks for the warning...I get S&L probably next week!! Good job on your 7 mile TM run...:)

Christine...Happy Diwali and have a great time tonight! Both me and my DH are early to bed kind of people. After your last week you deserve to treat yourself...:)..and you know I would have got the compiliation DVD if I had not preordered. I think Cathe and SNM extended themselves so much for these workouts that the whining is just awful. I will for sure give you a review of B&G plus the rest!

Judy...L&G is such a fun workout, even the premixes...

I did RTTC and it was fun! I liked it better the 2nd time around. Then did some rakemax as the leaves are terrible!!!

Hi Cheetahs!

I haven't stopped by in such a long time . . . I've really missed you all. I hope everyone is well.

Wendy, are you still running? How was your first race?

Cathy, how's your class this year? I hope you enjoy NYC. You live near there, right? Jersey?

Carole, I've continued to pray for your nephew and your sister. I hope his recovery is going well.

Mattea, are you all moved in yet?

Jess, I'm so sorry to read about your injury. I hope you're able to heal quickly. I know you must be missing your runs.

Hi Shelley, Laurie, Christine, Barb, Thomasina, Elaine (your brother has also been in my prayers), Laura, Judy, and any Cheetah I may have missed.

Let's see, so much has happened since I last posted. I was really down for awhile so I stopped posting because I just didn't want to be a downer. Had a mild breast scare (found a lump and had 2 abnormal mammograms), but all is well now. I was really down about the job situation for awhile, but once I found peace with that, I found a job! :) I haven't been running in almost a month, but I noticed Cathe's November rotation includes it, so I just may try and start back. Once I completely stopped running, I was no longer able to hold steady on my weight so now I've got work to do.(I've put on 12 lbs since this summer, blech! }( Anyway, not to worry, right? My order is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Woohoo!! :))

Right now I'm getting back into the swing of things with FitnessFreak's Intermediate rotation. Today was supposed to be ME, but I did MuscleMax instead. I'm starting to feel strong enough for a 2 miler. We'll see. I hope to be checking in more often, but I have to see how my new schedule works. I start work next Monday after almost an entire year off. I'm super excited, but nervous too. I just wanted to share with you all. Even thought I don't post as much, you're still on my mind. Take care everyone!

Pamela

Hey girls,

I've been very remiss in checking in lately, so I wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone! I haven't quite caught up to all the posts yet, but I hope everyone is doing well and having great runs :).

I'm going to run for the first time since my half this coming Thursday. I was going to go to last Thursday's buddy run, but I ended up sleeping in that day, so... oops!! A group of us is going to meet up every Saturday to run on different trails around here, so it's good to know I'll get to see my teammates in the off-season as well :).

I'll check back in with more soon--take care, everyone!

Jennifer

well I got my run in tonight on the treadmill. I ran for an hour.My treadmill said I burned 700calories but that seems kind of high. I did throw in a couple of faster intervals. I havent been up to keeping a higher pace with running these days. dont know why.

trick or treat is tomorrow here in fremont,ohio. Hopefully it wont be too cold.

man,people are getting fired up over these new workouts not getting to them fast enough. I am surprise at some of the negative attitudes about this.

carole, I will probably check out both the workouts I bought on the same day as well. Hopefully I will be able to walk the next day.

goodnight everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.