::: CHEETAHS ::: Sat., 10/14

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs.

Had to play by ear yesterday and could not get a workout in. Today will be GS CT and either a run or KPC. (Gonna poke my nose out there and see just HOW chilly it is before I decide!)

Will read yesterday's posts & be back for personals.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Cathy :)

Laura :: Do you work at a gym or is the instructor position a PT gig? That class of your sounds like torture…lol…in a good way. If it makes you feel any better, when I did my student teaching five years ago, I was terrified… and that was in a 6th grade classroom! *lol* Ridiculous, right? But teaching/speaking in front of groups is like almost anything else…you do it a few times and it really does become easier. I say bite the bullet and go for it!!

Jess :: sorry to hear about the van crapping out now, too, but hope you get good news on the warranty. Have fun with those new workouts! Sounds like a good distraction for you.

Christine :: You SO did not look like you were dripping at all! But I know that feeling - nothing beats a hot shower and a clean change of clothes afterward! That’s true on the catch 22 with eating. Right now I’m in an “could-eat-clean-but-I-don’t” phase myself. Going out is toughest for me, I think. I love appetizer-type stuff and even the Corona Lights pack a calorie punch...

Karen :: I personally would not opt to try a half with that kind of weekly mileage. It probably *could* be done but it doesn’t seem safe to me. Generally, you shouldn’t increase time or mileage by more than 10% per week.

Wendy :: awesome run yesterday! And congrats on the Nano! I have the Mini and absolutely love mine. ‘Course, I’ll want to upgrade to the itty-bitty Nano when this one gives up. Have fun w/ it!!

Sunny :: I think you’d dig the Garmin…you really don’t have to be too tech-savvy.

Hi to Linda, Laurie, Jennifer, Judy, Adri, Susan, Elaine, Barb, and everyone else who drops in.

seeking guns- my oral job is in PT. I decided after 18yrs to leave. My company are so cheap. they take advantage of their staff. We have had 3 people leave in 5months and they never replaced one of them and the extra crap was thrown on me. Our pts load is down now so it isnt too stressful but if it picks up it gets too be too much. not only that ,we found that they are hiring new people in making more than the people who have been with the company a long time. I will miss alot of people but I need a change. hopefully I will like my new job.. they would love for me to regret my decision.

I woke up dreaming about teaching the darn class this morning.the class can be brutual but the people love to be torchured.HA_HA!!

Morning Cheetahs!}(

Well, my legs are OKAY this morning...surprisingly enough!}( I'm logging off as soon as I'm done w/this post to throw clothes on and head out to the 7:30 Power class at the gym!:+

Cathy: I feel so bad ordering the Ipod because DH bought me the mp3 player as a b'day gift. I feel like I am betraying him or something! LOL

Laura: Sounds like you made the right decision in leaving your job. When I have made decisions to leave past jobs I've had, I was veeery nervous about it but I knew in my heart it was the right thing to do and it always worked out for the best! Have fun teaching the new class!}(

Okay, I gotta run...I have about 20 mins to get my arse in gear here!

BBL!:*

Jess: I'm glad you enjoyed IMAX 2 so much. Just wait! You'll be hooked like the rest of us soon enough and won't be able to stop yourself from buying up everything Cathe has put out eventually!}( }( }( I actually don't have EVERYTHING...but I'm close!;)

Good morning cheetahs,

just poppin' in really quickly before i head out the door for the walkathon. arrghhh it's so chilly here. oh well, it's for a good cause:)

cathy- thanks for the boost. i will eventually get one and i am sure when i do it will be an upscale model because for some reason i love having things with all the bells and whistles even though i barely use them all.

wendy-glad you aren't feeling any pain. }( have you pinpointed a HM for next year? have fun in AC!

laura- good luck with you new job. how exciting!!!

hello to all the other cheetahs to follow today:D

Sunny, Are you doing the walkathon with anyone? Have fun! I have not found an HM for next year yet. I'm trying to find a "fun" one if I can...something that has music along the course or something.

K, I'm back from my class. I can't believe how much I LOVE that class! OMG! It's fabulous!!!}( I decided against cardio strictly due to time. I still need to pack and we might be leaving earlier than originally planned...I'm still bringing clothes to run the boards in the morning though!}(

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I had a rest day with you yesterday!

Laura...the job you quit sounds like my old banking job....they find out how much work you can do and then they throw it on you!! I bet you will lke your new job much better. I did when I switched..:)

Wendy...congrats on the Ipod nano!!...I ditched my whole workout yesterday....had too much on my mind or just needed a rest day...Does your Garmin have an Auto lap feature? Thats when it automatically remembers the splits for you...Good job on your 5.5! Sounds like you had a great class this morning!

Sunny...Garmins are quite cool...:)...Enjoy the walkathon!!

Christine...I think you got your PR question answered?....I'd love to see a pic of you in a Sari...:)..great iTri workout yesterday!!

Laurie...wow! snow flurries!!

Linda..you are tall then!! I'm a shorty only 5'4"...I like all the iClimbs for my Elliptical except for the circuit ones. I have a few iTreads and like them too. I prefer the music in the iTrains over the CC's.

Judy..thank you for the nice compliment..:)...sorry about the bone spur, didn't know you were having trouble with that...

Susan...the Elliptical is great on the joints. NO impact. If the one you try has its own programs try on of the first ones.

Elaine....you're funny. I seem to forget other peoples races sometimes too...:)...I am hopefully doing a 3 person marathon relay with my sister and friend on Jan 14th here in Redding.

Jess...Isn't Imax2 a blast! When my IT band bugged me I could do some step, but mainly stuck to my Nordic track..

I might go for a run this morning or use my Elliptical. Then maybe check out Jari's RTTC.

My sister is having a BBQ for John this afternoon. He seems to be doing well at home. A few issues....

Have a good day...:)

Hello Carole, Wendy, Susan, Jess, Ari, Elaine, Judy, Sunny, Linda, and everyone who's names I'm still learning.
My old brain goes fuzzy trying to remember all the wonderful Cheetahs. The problem with being 53.
Carole I took your advise backed off a bit running and starting iceing my knee after working out. So far so good.
This week was ...3mile fast, Boot Camp, 4miles & 10 min abs. (love Ab Hits.), rest, Viper (that is a tough one.) and Legs and Glutes yesterday. We had 40 mile an hour wind gusts yesterday and I didn't want to run in them.
Plan a 4 mile interval run and abs today.
Susan and Jess, I found that I can do Cathe Imax's and step work and not have any problem with my ITB or my knee too. In fact I feel like the workouts help strengthen, legthen and heal the problem areas. Odd.
Have a great day!
Colleen

Hello again! I'm ready and rarin' to go! }( My mom just called. She'll probably be here in about an hour....ACK! I was hopin' to leave sooner...oh well!:p

Carole: Yes, my garmin has the auto lap function which is what I discovered yesterday in order to get my splits. I kept on wondering how the heck Jess would know the time for each mile when it's not like she ran only 2 miles a day! I thought...jeez, she CAN'T remember all that...CAN SHE!?!? I didn't think she was carrying a notebook and a pen to write it down while running either! LOL :p :7 :p :7 I'm such a goober, ey? ;) Sorry about your missed work out. It happens though and it was probably for the best. :) Hope you have a nice time at the bbq! :9

Colleen: Don't ya just LOVE Legs and Glutes!? I can't wait to try Butts and Guts too! }( }( }( I took a Butts and Guts class at my gym last week and it was rockin' as well!:) I don't blame you for not wanting to run in high winds. Good job on your work outs!

So here I sit...sipping coffee and goofing off. It's amazing that I am ready to go and actually have to WAIT for someone! I am usually the LATE one!:p If I had known this sooner I would have done cardio this morning too!

Good morning, cheetahs!

Cathy: wow, if I were going to do GS CT, that'd be my workout for the day LOL! I'm so lazy :). I was actually thinking about going for a short run (3-4 miles) and then taking a yoga class right after, but then I thought, I'm going to be too lazy to go to the class after my run! I may change my mind, though, we'll see. It's just that the class is right smack dab in the middle of my day, and I was planning to go to the mall today and go shopping for work clothes--and the way I shop (slow and indecisive), I'm going to need as much time as I can get LOL!

Laura: sometimes I love to be tortured, too, which is why I pull out my Cathe workouts *mwahaha*

Wendy: have fun at Power class!!

Colleen: I've never tried Legs & Glutes, if you can believe it. For the longest time, I didn't even realize that there was another workout on my KPC DVD LOL! I am going to have to try that sometime, although from what I've seen and read about Butts & Guts, I may have to try that one first!

Hi to sunnyD, Carole, and everyone else!!

The elliptical went ok yesterday, and I checked the training calendar and I see that we ARE allowed some workouts in the pre-event week, so I am going to take advantage and go for a short run today :). I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be dying to work out instead of dying to get out of working out LOL. It really is something when your body gets addicted to those endorphins!

Jennifer

Hey there Cheetah Babes!

Today I think it’s going to be a gym day with a nice steady state elliptical run. My legs are sore from yesterday’s weight work and iTri training, so I think I need something low key. Then it’s off to a chili cook off! I’m making a Chipotle Turkey Chili.

Cathy - Thanks! I’m kind of coming to the point in my life where being healthy and enjoying myself is more important than looking “hot”. I’m in good shape, and my doctor says my stats are great, so if I never lose that 20 pounds because I like my wine and food too much – well, so be it. Of course, I have days where the exact opposite is true and I want to look like a fashion model, but… I eat clean about 80% of the time (some weeks are better than others), so I’m doing okay.

Laura – I think you’re doing the right thing for you right now. I’m excited to see someone as passionate as you are teaching such a class! You’ll have fun!

Wendy – great to hear your legs are fine! I’m impressed! Enjoy your power class and your trip! Breath in the ocean air a few times for me! The Pacific does not smell like the Atlantic.

Sunny- enjoy your walkathon! What’s the cause? (You probably said, but I didn’t see it). Any way I can donate to you? I’m a sucker for a good cause.

Carole – Hope y’all have a great time at the BBQ. Glad to hear he’s doing well. Sometimes we just need a day off to regroup – from working out, or to get our thoughts together. Hope all is going well.

Colleen - Glad to hear the cutting back and icing are working! 40 mph winds? No wonder you didn’t want to run yesterday! It would be like running up Mount Whitney! Ouch!

Jennifer – I so want to run with you! We’ll have to get together after your Half. You sound like you shop like my sister – are you a Gemini? My sis has to try on everything in the mall, then go back and try on everything again, just to make sure. It must work – she has a nicer wardrobe than I do!

Happy Saturday all!!!

PS - AmyG just stopped by quickly to do a "stuff exchange". I borrowed her ACE Training Manual, and she borrowed my TLT's. She says hi to everyone.

Christine: I'm a Sagitarrius, though I'm nothing like the description of a true Sag ;). We will definitely have to get together after the half :). I want to get in some longer Saturday runs in my off-season, especially after my Pilates class is over (although I can squeeze in an early 4-5 miler, since the class starts at 9:30).

Ok, enough with the procrastinating, I'd better get out there so I can get back, get showered, and get shopping!! I'm telling myself that it's more "investment" than shopping, since I am shopping for stuff I need (i.e. work clothes, new aerobics shoes since I am using an old par of running shoes that apparently I am not supposed to be using *hee*). I still feel guilty spending the money, though, especially with property taxes being due in a few weeks, but at least I'm not getting frivalous things!

Jennifer - I'm up for some longer Saturday runs! And I know about procrastination - I've been puttering around the house this morning and haven't even gotten ready for a workout.

I'm thinking of avoiding the gym today - takes too long. Will probably do some steady state step this morning. I'm thinking of taking the Step Only premixes from IMax 3 and 2, and the RS and SB Challenges and doing a mish mosh. I get really impatient when we have to build up the routines. I'd rather just do them, and get them done.

Hi everyone! I got up this morning and ran 3 miles and did BootCamp. I had to go get my hair done at 10:00 and I was in that stupid chair for 3 1/2 hours! I hate that! I wish I could just forget my hair and let it go gray x( She colors the regrowth and gray, then does high lights, then cuts. What ever happened to just being able to throw on some highlights? Oh...I forgot...that was when I was younger :+ Hmph!

Christine - that sounds like a good mish mosh! I was laughing when I read how impatient you get when building the routines. I am the same way! Enjoy your elliptical workout! (and the chili cookoff!) We have a pot of chili on the stove right now, as a matter of fact! But ours is not as "clean" as yours. ;-) We have ground beef in ours :eek:

Jennifer - I agree - your body gets accustomed to working out and it seems like when I don't - a little voice inside is saying "come on! Let's go run!! or step, or something! ) But just think of the strenth and energy you will be banking for the event by "tapering"
:7

Wendy - hope you have a good day! I had to cut my run short this morning due to my hair appointment. I started to just not do any cardio, period...but did a little. But I felt soooo rushed. I don't like that!

Colleen - Hi! Enjoy the run and abs! Wow! That is some strong wind! We had windgusts like that Wednesday and Thursday. Now it is just cold!

Carole - thanks for the info on the iClimb! I saw the auto lap feature and set lap, etc on mine. But I didn't really understand it, so I did not touch it.
:+ I need to finish reading my booklet! Seems like I don't have "any" spare time! Lol....But I guess I am here a lot, aren't I?
:+
I really liked R2TC! I made the mistake of doing it "after" a run once, instead of before, though. Oh my. That was not good
:-( It really sneaks up on you! (especially the section with the shoulder work and stepups). I am glad John is doing well at home!

Sunny - Have fun on the Walkathon! It is cold here, too! Brrr!

Laura - was it a good dream or a bad dream? I am not even an instructor and I have had dreams about teaching classes. But mine are always bad dreams! I have no music, or foget everything, etc! I am sure you will do great!!

Cathy - Hope you Enjoyed whichever workout you decided to do!

Hi everyone that I may have missed and that stops by later!! Have a great weekend!

Linda

chrsitine thats sweet of you to say that!!

linda- I remember part of it, we where running up and down the stairs in my dream and one of the people fell down the steps,YIKES! hope that doesnt happen.

carole-yeah, I hope I am making the right decision about leaving. I will miss alot of my coworkers but I feel its time for a change and plus my new job is overing me 5$ more an hr. makes a big difference in pay. We are looking to buy a new house and I need a new vehicle also. so the extra money will be nice.

hope everyone has a great weekend.

Colleen...glad to hear the ice is helping your knee!!

Wendy....that Auto lap fuction is a great feature of the Garmin. Have fun with your MOM.

Jennifer...L&G is a great workout. Give it a whirl...:)

Christine...Hope your steady state workout goes well. Thank you, things are okay. Sometimes my head just gets too filled up with stuff and I just can't take in any more...today is better...:)..Your Chipotle Turkey Chili sounds good, I'd just have to remove the Turkey!!

Linda...3 miles and BC!!! wow!! I am lucky without gray but I do get my hair weaved and that does take time...The auto lap feature automatically laps each mile so when you go to the history or download the info to your PC it shows your time for each mile...:)

I ended up doing a circuit with the weight section of SJ&P and my Elliptical. I would do 5 min on the Elliptical and then alternate each weight section with 5 min on the Elliptical...it was really fun....:)

Well, it wasn’t too chilly out there, but I decided to do KPC, anyway, followed by GS CT. Good workout! Felt strong.

Wendy :: Wellll, you did use the MP3 until it gave out on you, so I wouldn’t feel too guilty if I were you…Have fun in AC!

Sunny :: how was the walkathon? Think you’re up for your long run tomorrow?

Carole :: The rest day felt great, didn’t it? Hope the family (and esp. John) enjoy the BBQ.

Jennifer :: some days planning on cardio AND weights is a bit ambitious for me, but today I felt pretty energetic. How did you make out w/ the shopping? I just had to buy a bunch of new work clothes, too...I did feel a twinge of guilt for splurging, but I'm lovin' the new outfits I get to rock!

Christine :: have fun @ the chili cookoff! Yeah, I would like to lose another 20 myself, but I share a similar view…as long as I’m healthy and fit, that’s what’s important. I’m not as concerned with the number on the scale. Life is too short to not indulge a little!

Hi Colleen, Linda, & everyone else!

Cathy :)

G'evening!! I swore I checked in earlier, but it's been a busy day!! I helped the girls go through their rooms & get rid of old toys & clean up the stuff in there!! How does it pile up so quickly?? And I went through their closets & put away tank tops & shorts & made room for the winter stuff. Ahhhh, much better!! And did some other stuff around here, it seems we haven't been home long enough to get much done!!!

And I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup - it was yummy!! Plenty of leftovers too, I love that!

Greg's been working on the car most of the day, he thinks he figured out what is wrong so I hope it's running again soon!!

I did Cardio & Weights this afternoon. I love this workout!! So fun & it went by really quickly. I'm getting spoiled w/ these new workouts!! I love the chest & abs on this workout. I can really feel my obliques!!

I am planning a run tomorrow w/ Erin, I told her I'm shooting for at least 3, but hoping for 5. We'll see how my knee feels. I haven't had any pain lately, so I hope it's healed!!

Well, we're going to watch a movie & hang out tonight! I can relax now that things are back in order around here!! :p

Have a great night!

Hello Cheetos!

Sorry food on the brain again}(

Cathy, Great workout! I love KPC and did you do all the pushups in Gs Chest? I always do the pre-mix for that one.

Wendy, sounds like a great workout. You are really good at varying your workouts. When is the next run?

Sunnydelite, I hope you enjoyed your walkathon:)

Carole, sounds like you had a fun workout! I like to do those kind of workouts on Saturday. Thanks for the tip about the elliptical.

Colleen, sounds like you have had some good workouts this week.

Jennifer, I know what you mean about the endorphins. I need that high on a daily basis. I hate taking rest day.

Christine, I am going to write that mish mosh down. that sounds great! Have fun at the chilli cookoff.

Linda, that sounds like a workout I would do. I love running and then adding a kickbutt workout afterwards.

I ran 4 miles on the treadmill and it was pretty good. I had a dull ache in the left cheek for awhile, but not really painful. I am off to do a hour of yoga and was supposed to go to the gym and try the elliptical, but am running out of time. I may have to go tomorrow. Have a great night ladies!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.