::: CHEETAHS ::::Sat., 1/20 - last day to order t-shirt...

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning (it is barely morning!) :)

Why am I up at an ungodly hour (3 am)??? Because I dozed off on the couch during Seinfeld. I'm talking before 8 pm!!! Apparently, I did need the rest. *lol*

I did bring home a ton of work, but I'm going to do my best to plow through as much of it as I can today. It'd be nice to take it easy some tomorrow. I won't post my workout until I actually DO it b/c my track record this week (eating & working out) did not quite live up to my ambitions. I will DEFINITELY work out, I just don't know what it's going to wind up to be.

In catching up w/ last night's posts...

LD :: thanks for the tip about the HRM. I was looking on the site Carole recommended and saw that most of them DO have the strap. I just don't know what to do/buy. I have to do more research to see if I truly *need* another gadget!

Karen :: yes, a no-stress day would be great! *lol* Things do get hectic between work and going to school--some semesters more so than others. Though I have work to do, this weekend will be a good chance to recharge. I'll try not to think about my friends who are skiing in Maine right now!!

Last call for anyone interested in ordering a cheetah shirt!! We have 14 shirts but I figured I'd go ahead and order the 15 because someone may want one later. Anyway, if you haven't already, please PM me with your shirt size, # of shirts needed, and mailing address. For more info about the shirt, please visit yesterday's cheetah thread. I will place the order later this afternoon or early evening unless anyone has any objections.

Have a GREAT Saturday, everyone! Much of my work today will be computer-based, so I'll be poppin' in and out.

Cathy :)

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::::Sat., 1/20 - last day to order t-s...

Oh, man! Being up this early gets you into trouble.

After perusing Collage, I just ordered:
~Powerstrike
~Gin Miller Simply Interval
~Gin Miller Simply Step
~Hardcore Kickbox Circuit w/ Janis Saffell

I've done some research, and I think I'm going to go for a Polar HRM (I'd rather not spend $260 upgrading the Garmin, so I'll deal with wearing two devices) and weighted k'boxing gloves. Happy shopping! :) :) :)

Good Morning Cathy and all to follow. Today is a rest day for me. I'm going shopping with my girls and my mom while my dh is helping his friend build a garage for someone. So he is making some money and I am going to go spend it. LOL. Have a great day.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning cheetahs....

argh..my first chance to run with the group and i wake up with a headachex( x( . i took tylenol so i am hoping my head will stop hurting in enough time for me to hit the pavement:D

cathy- my, my you went on a spending spree, how fun!! i have a polar hrm (the model escapes me right now) but i love it! i don't think you can go wrong with a polar.

karen- have a great day shopinng with your daughters and mom. i love the way you think;)

christine- i just love you!! thanks for that post yesterday. you made me smile..;o)

judy- you are so brave and dedicated to your runs. i need to take a lesson or two from you.

carole- where did you get your purple band? i am still trying to find a nail tech that does fiber glass. i wonder why it's so hard to find.

LD- good for you being back to "fighting forn". i hope to be back there this week!!

shelly- i can not wait to go on the cruise. we haven't had a real vacation in 3 yrs. kinda hard to get away with little ones. KM and elliptical- you floor me with your workouts. good job!

someone asked me a couple days ago and forgive me for forgetting exactly who (way to lazy to go back and read thru all the posts) the ages of my boys. my oldest is 6 yrs old and my baby is 1 yr old.

have a great day ladies, it's the weekend!!!!:)

Good Morning Girlies!

Cathy: My goodness girl! You need to stay away from that couch until about 10pm I think! It's dangerous for you any earlier! LOL :p

Karen: Have fun shopping! I LOVE spending the money faster than my DH can make it!;)

Sunny: I hope that heachache goes away fast enough for you to make that run. I know how you've been looking forward to it. I got a thing in the mail the other day advertising a couple of new programs at a college around here for a Personal Training cert. I have no idea where they got my name but now it almost feels like I'm destined to do this! LOL It was pricey and I can only do it if they offer an "at home" version but I am going to consider it. I know there many orgs to cert with so I'm very confused about how to pick one. Who did you and DH cert with and how did you choose? How long did it take you to finish the program? What I got in the mail is saying in as little as 5 months but you are allowed to take up to 2 years. I think most programs are alot shorter, no? Forgive me if I've asked you this before. I forget! LOL

Well, I never got to the forums y'day. I was only in a lurking mood in the early morning before work and then DH was home in the afternoon so he threw my plans all out of whack!:eek: I am lucky I got my work out in with him home! I love him but he can be such a pain in the neck! LOL

So I did Legs and Back y'day and after spin on thursday I can now feel my legs/butt! LOL I have to do ARX today as I ran out of time for it y'day. This morning is a TM run as hubby and I are heading to the gym together. :)

After my work out I have to run to the store to pick up a few things. We are having DH's family over for dinner tonight so I have buy the ingredients for the meal. He took his final exams for his apprenticeship program and I thrilled to say that after 5 years, he has FINALLY graduated! NO MORE MISSED WAGES DUE TO SCHOOL! YEAY!!!!!:+ :+ :+ So anyway I invited his fam over as a way of acknowledging his accomplishment. Aren't I a sweet wife? LOL GAG PUKE!:p

G'morning Cheetahs! I'm sweaty from doing LIC- my first time doing it in full! I really liked it! I was so busy y'day that I didn't even get a chance to post!

I went to the Y & used the elliptical for 25 min (really liking it!), then did some walking on incline & running intervals again on the TM for 30 min (sooo funny, a young guy next to me was trying to keep up!!! ROFL), then swam a good 20+ min again. I felt a lot stronger in the pool, I'm sure I'll only get better by June!! (hoping so at least!)

Then I got to work priming Hannah's room in the afternoon. It took *3* coats to get over that stupid striped wallpaper. There was no way I was stripping it off, why do people put wallpaper in bedrooms???? UGH! Anyway, it's now primed white & will be painted a pale yellow w/ lilac trim soon (her choices w/ a Tinkerbell border to match). She's so excited!

My IL's are coming down today kind of unexpectedly. I already warned them that I was painting, they'll at least be happy to entertain the kids! My FIL got a job (he's a journeyman pipe fitter/ welder) & will be gone for a few weeks at least so he wanted to spend some time w/ us before leaving.

OK, gotta go make breakfast & then get to work painting. I'm thankful at least that she has a small room!!! I'm beginning to hate painting, thankfully I think we just have the bathroom left & all of the rooms have been done!!

Have a great weekend, Cheetahs!

Cathy, good choice with the polar. I really like mine. Will you be sleeping tonight early? I can't believe how early you got up! I woke at 5 am and forced myself to go back to sleep. Then I woke at 7. That is sleeping in for me on the week end!

Karen, Enjoy your rest and have fun shopping!

SunnyD, Hope your headache went away and that you have a good run!

Wendy, I wish my DH would w/out with me. He is so stressed from work. He really needs it. Enjoy the dinner!

Jess, I totally know what you mean about wallpaper. I told my DH that I would never have wallpaper due to the fact that we have taken the stuff off and it is a really long job! I like LIC too.! Have fun painting.

OK today is a rest day for me. Yay. I really need it. DM kicked my butt yesterday! ok everyone have a great day!

LD

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy....Sally Edward has some great books on HR training. I started using one about 12 years ago for running. I knew how to tell if I was over training, or maybe getting a cold...I did a few different speedwork runs using my HR monitor. I wouldn't do intervals more than twice a week. One interval I found in Runnersworld was to warm up jogging for about 10 min, then flat out sprint for 90 seconds, and recover for 3 min and repeat as many times as you can. I also cut it down sometimes to sprinting 60 sec and recovery 2 min 30 sec. As for the HRM any Polars would be good. It depends on what features you are interested in. Good luck on the ton of work you brought home. Good job on your new purchases!

Sunny...I found the purple band at http://www.fwonline.com/dbcutlong.htm Hope your headache goes away. Fiberglass is just not very popular. it takes more time than acrylic so alot of techs won't do it. You can also look for silk wraps too.

Jess...enjoy the visit with your Inlaws....hope your painting gets done too...:)

Wendy...have fun at the gym with your DH...YES, you are a very sweet wife!!

LD...yes that B&G premix is a killer workout! Wow you did CF after BM2?...yikes!! Enjoy your rest day...you deserve it.

Karen....Sarah does have some great interval/tempo runs posted. I bet you will do great tomorrow!

Judy....gel will feel alot different that acrylic. They are probably a bit more flexible...have you had any break? New shoes are so fun!

Laura...the only way to get faster running is to run faster training...:)..I have lost alot of speed. Due to running so many trails the last few years, a few injuries (nothing serious) and age...:)...I am trying to drop some weight and work on some speed now...

Shelly...I got some Asic Gel 1100 in a wide width to comfort my bunions (which have been feeling better) I went thru mrrebates.com for a great deal at Foot Locker, they were $39.99. I have learned to always check at the marathon Expos for good deals on shoes and many other things, in fact I look forward to that!! Yes definitely give your body a rest from running....how is the metatarsal? Hope you had fun with Kickmax and the Elliptical..

Christine...quite a funny dream! That was quite a dinner also. I am happy the scale didn't show any damage! Yes the leg blast is very fun...:)...I do think you will enjoy the Garmin when you are able to get it...

Susan...I have moved up my weights some on B&G but for this blast...I decided to stay at the same weights as you repeat so many things...the firewalkers are great for the legs!

Today will be MM (minus back)and some kickboxing drills...

Have a good day...:)

Karen ::: I, too, love the way you think! *lol* Didja score any good bargains?

Sunny ::: hope that headache cleared for you and you were able to run w/ your group. I’m not sure if you answered this already, but where are you going on your cruise?

Wendy ::: you’re back! Where ya been, girl? I know! I’m heading out tonight, so there’s no chance of me crashing early! I have a plan for you – get your PT cert and then come be a trainer @ Cathe’s gym!! :) Have fun entertaining tonight & WTG to DH for completing the apprenticeship!!!

Jess ::: great workout yesterday & today! Ugh on the wallpaper. At least there’s light at the end of the tunnel, and you have just one more small room to go after this one.

LD ::: I think I’ll be all right tonight – there’s no chance to sleep early as I’m meeting up with friends for late dinner & drinks. Maybe an afternoon nap is a good idea, though. What does your DH do? Enjoy your rest day!

Carole :: thanks for all the great advice…I will look her up on Amazon and check out Runner’s World, too. I don’t get over there very often anymore. Enjoy MM & k’boxing drills!

I just returned from Sports Authority, where I continued my shopping spree. I scored another pair of North Face ski pants on sale (yay!) and a Polar F6. So now, I’m going to tinker w/ that, get back to work for a bit, and then test the HRM out when I work out. I'm thinking KPC... No outdoor run – it’s just too cold & windy here for my tastes!

Good morning lovely cheetahs! I'm feeling so encouraged this morning. My various injuries are all fading away and my energy level is back. I was dreading that attempting a marathon while injured would wreck my body and cripple me for half the year. Actually just the opposite has happened.... go figure!

Cathy- Wow, your credit card sure is getting a workout! Since I'm limited in my workouts... no running!!! for a while I've ordered some new ones too. Amy Bentos HiLo extreme and Coffey's Step Boxing.
Hope you have a great workout today... whatever you decide on doing!
Glad you decided on a good HRM. I find the chest strap way too irritating myself.

Karen- Enjoy your rest day.... tomorrow is your race isnt it? GOOD LUCK but most importantly... relax and have a good time!!!!!

Susan- I am so tempted to get a good massage (NEVER had one believe it or not) You've been inspiring me to go for it. Thanks for asking about my old "pal" grover the groin injury! It is almost completely healed... just a very dull ache now and then. I'm just dealing with a L foot stress fx and some L piriformis syndrome (I was being assaulted with pain from all angles there for a while) I'm afraid I have way too much pain tolerance for my own good and I tend to just ignore it. :(

Christine- You crack me up!!! Even your dreams are hysterical! Thanks for your words of encouragement. I can depend on the cheetahs to keep me in line!

SunnyD- I hope your headache has let up! A good run should help!
I'll be interested in your account of your first group run.

Wendy- I think you'd make a fantastic personal trainer! All of the various certification programs are a bit bewildering arent they?
Congrats on your DH graduating? What was the apprenticeship program for? I'm sure you've told this before but I've forgotten....sorry.
You definitely are a sweetie for having the ILs over for a todo!!

Jess- LIC is a good one isn't it? You'd think it would be an "easy" one but it's deceptive. That is quite a painting project you've got. We had our house custom built and to save money I did all the indoor painting myself. 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint... walls and ceiling! That was 4 years ago and I still want to throw up when I think about paint!!! Hope your inlaw visit goes well.

LD- Have a great rest day.... perfectly understandable after the workouts you've been doing :eek:

Carole- It's funny about my foot injury. Most of the time I don't feel it at all, but then for no reason I get such terrible sharp pain. Anyway, I'm resolved to limit the impact til it heals:) You're new shoes do sound comfy! You can't go wrong with Asics!
BTW regarding the purple band, I busted mine a few months ago and was going to order another one... in the meantime I used the heavy duty silver one and have now gotten used to it! It really burns the muscles!!!! Okay... way to many exclamation points!

For today I've got BM2 on tap... I'll be modifying it a bit to limit the impact of course. My evening workout will be an hour on the stationary cycle. This is a great day to be staying indoors and exercising. There's a few inches of snow on the ground... beautiful to look at but not so fun to drive in!

Later ya'll,

ShellyC

hello,

karen-thanks for posting that interval run for me. Has it helped you get faster? I hope it willhelp me.

cathy-dont you just love the garmin? I cant imagine not having mine.

thanks to all that responded about training in your wt loss zone. I was thinking, I will never see results if I have to slow down like that. I would go crazy.

today is a rest day for me and tomorrow I will run outside. Hopefully get a 5 mile run in. I did the treadmill for an hour yesterday. first TM workout I have done in along time but it was icy out yesterday and my poor treadmill hasnt been used ,so it needed it. anyway,today, I am going thru my closet ,getting rid of clothes I havent worn in ages. Dont realize how many I have until I go thru them.
Oh by the way, sarah was busy with her kids and training but I thought she would be back on more once school started. We miss her!

Shelly :: I looked at the Coffey-Meyer one and was tempted but figured I better go with Gin Miller's basic step one - it might help me gain some coordination. I *am* getting better at the Cathe step routines - slowly but surely! Glad you are feeling so good. What a bounce back post-marathon. Surprisingly, the chest strap does not bother me...I thought it would. I am more annoyed by some of the flimsy sports bras I have -- grr! I keep wanting to stock up on the Nike style that I like (and find supportive!) but neither Dick's nor Sports Authority have had my size in a while.

Laura :: enjoy your rest day. Yes, I do love my Garmin...Should this one die, I'll go for the 305. Maybe by then, they'll be even smaller - that'd be nice! :)

Well, I did KPC using my new Polar. Very cool! I had to make some post-workout adjustments, so I'm not driven insane by the incessant beeping. I'll read the manual a little more closely tonight or tomorrow. Now, I can't wait for the weighted gloves to be delivered - that'll *really* kick up those k'boxing workouts!

OK, off to shower and then maybe do a bit of grading before heading out.

Hello Cheetahs. Just lurking as usual:) I've been roughly following Cathe's Jan. rotation and taking a break from running. No injuries or anything just needed something different.

Cathy I pm'd you about a t shirt. I'd love to get one.

Madly cleaning out book shelves but I did get KPC in today.

When I get extra $ I plan to get an ipod for running. It's getting a bit boring on my own. Need to shake things up this spring. I might try Cardio Coach.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Colleen

*Breezes into forum holding a salad chock full of veggies in one hand and a set of car keys in the other*

Hey All!

Nothing quite like being on the go from the time I got up! Wow! The good thing is that it's keeping away from food as the unfortunate consequence of over indulging is a need to feed. I fed very well yesterday and none of it good. Today I am a reformed woman! I did BodyMax 2 today in it entirety - fun, fun! Then took a quick shower, got my nails done and went grocery shopping for the week. Doesn't sound like much, does it? Hmmm. Oh well...

I'll be back later for personals!!! But I wanted to say hi to everyone!

I’m back – nice and relaxed and watching the news! Oh yeah, enjoying a nice glass of wine. Today is definitely A glass of wine!! I’ve been good with eating, though, today.

Cathy – what the devil are you doing up at 3AM?! No worries about your track record with your workout. Things happen – just know that you’re working out and doing a good job. You are a teacher – and that’s a lot of work! Let us know how you like your purchases!!! Oh – good score on the ski pants and I love my Polars!

Karen – hope you enjoyed spending the money DH made!! Sounds like a great day!! I love spending time with my family!!

Sunny – Sorry you have a headache! I hate that! I’m glad I could make you smile – you deserve it girl!! I’m so impressed with you!! I wish you could train me – maybe this summer… Your boys are adorable – by the way. Just like their mommy!

Wendy – oh girl – you should definitely go for it! Several companies offer such a certification – and you can do most of the work at home – I think you just go in for a test. I know what you mean about DH being a pain in the neck, even though you love him! If I don’t workout before the game is on (ANY game), I’m doomed to a run or the gym only… How exciting about DH!! Way to go! You are definitely a sweet wife for inviting his family over. No gagging!

Jess – you have me interested in a tri! Darn you! LOL I’m thinking of kind of training for one, but just add a bike and a swim day in once a week – keeping the emphasis on running. I don’t think I’ll enter one, but it’ll be fun to add variety to training that way! Glad you got the primer done!! Hannah’s room sounds so sweet!!

LD – Oh yeah, DM is a butt kicker! Enjoy your rest day!

Carole – Hope MM and Kick Box drills were fun! Yeah, that dinner was way over the top! I’m sure I will enjoy the Garmin. I’ll get it one of these days!

Shelly – I’m so glad to hear you various injuries are fading away and you’re feeling fabulous again!! So happy to hear that the worst didn’t happen and all is getting better *knocks on wood* I do have odd dreams. I woke up from that one shaking my head. But I did head for the bathroom and drank about a gallon of water! I did BM2 as well – I so love that one. I can imagine that it would be pretty easy to modify. How was it!

Laura – Amazing how many clothes we have isn’t it? Unfortunately for me, three days after I clean out my closet and donate my clothes to Good Will, I find myself looking for something I gave away. Go figure. LOL. Hope that doesn’t happen to you!

Hi Colleen – hope you get some extra cash soon! I love my iPod!! I know what you mean about needing a change of pace. I do that a lot.

Hope everyone has a simply fabulous evening and enjoys something healthily decadent!

Christine,
I sent you a post a couple of days ago. Here it is

In response to Reply # 28

Christine,
I am so glad that you like long and lean. It is one of my favorite yoga dvd's. I consider it definitley a workout. And you are working different muscles. Whenever I take a rest week and do just yoga, I usually lose about 3lbs. It takes a lot of energy to support your own body weight and the deep breathing is also a lot harder to do than the shallow breathing that we sometimes get into with the aerobic workouts.

I think you would also like Eionn Finn. He is fantastic and as far as personality he is somewhere in between Baron and Yummy pants.

So, I am defintley ready for some lunch with you cheetah friend. Let me know what your schedule looks like for lunch in the next couple of weeks. My hubby usually works at home on Fridays, so he could pick up my little one for me so I can do lunch. I am open to anything and everything when it comes to food

Have a great night and I will see you soon!

Susan

singinggoddess

picture trail: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=murph68&x=23&y=9

If you already saw this just ignore it:)

susan

Susan - I think I glanced at your post, but work has gotten busy, so I don't always get to reply! I really do enjoy yoga - the more I do it, the more I enjoy it. It actually got me into fitness again. I started with yoga and the feeling of contentment and readiness it gave me lead to me running a biking again. I'll have to check out Eionn Finn too! I'm stoked. Thanks for the info! Fridays are usually good for me. I'll PM you my cell phone #. I cannot wait to actually meet you!!!

*Collapses into computer chair completely exhausted*

Hi peeps!

Just wanted to let y'all know I'm still alive! Not kickin' at this point, but alive nonetheless.:p

I have pretty much been going non stop since the gym this morning with only about 5 mins of down time every so often. I'm beat! The last of DH's family left just before 9 pm. I just got Joey down for the night about 5 minutes ago...talk about an over-tired child!}(

So I managed a 5 mile run this morning in just under 54 minutes. It's a bit slower then I am capable of but I didn't want to push too hard and burn out too early considering my endurance lapsed a bit from less running the past 2 weeks. I am very happy with how I did. I ran for 9-10 minutes at a different pace each time and took 15-30 sec walking water breaks in between. I feel very accomplished. MY LEGS ARE ON FIRE!!!! If I can walk tomorrow it will be a friggin' miracle!:p Thank goodness tomorrow is my rest day! I think a good stretch will be an order...I'd do it tonight but I'm too darn tired at this point.

Sorry but there will be no personals this evening. I will catch up tomorrow ladies!

Good night!:)

Wendy,
GREAT job on your 5 miler. That is going to be me in about 2 weeks, guarenteed:) I did drill max today, but don't tell my pt...shhhhhh. It was great and so far my back is doing well. I iced it real good. Have a great night:)

susan

Thanks Susan!:)

Ack, I can't sleep. Well, I'm having a hard time of it anyway. I fell asleep for about an hour but then woke up and feel strangely AWAKE now. I think it's a combo of being over-tired and having had caffeinated coffee after dinner. I should have just made myself a cup of decaf...I'm such a dope! *smacks self in forehead w/palm of hand*

I have pretty much decided that I am going to go for the PT cert. My SIL is a PT and gave me the name of the org. she cert'd with. I looked them up and you can do the ENTIRE program at home and just send them everything to be graded when it is complete. You have the option of going for the practical testing "live" or you can videotape yourself doing it. How cool is that? :) The cost is about $335.00 for all materials needed except for the cost of the dvd or vhs tape you use if you choose to go that route. I am very excited but also extremely nervous about doing this but I really do not want to get back into the rut of office work down the line and fitness is what I love so it just makes sense, right? I hope I can pass the test okay. They require a very high score to pass. Basically if you don't get a "A", you fail! :eek: You get 1 more chance to re-take the test if you fail included in the charge of $335.00. I think they have you re-test within 30-45 days or something like that. I'm going to email a few questions to them and then I'll probably order the materials real soon....

Okay...I'm done babbling now. I think I'm gonna go watch some tv. That should make me tired.

Nighters!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.