.:: CHEETAHS ::. Run wild Wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone~ :)

I knocked out very early from the migraine, so now I'm up in the middle of the night and figure I'll catch the Nancy Grace show I missed. Forgot to say yesterday I did run 4 miles and got in WP before the migraine hit. I know that thing so well now, I can do it without the DVD. :) Anyway, I'm functioning now and will most likely run (for fun) a 5K tonight.

I failed the nutrition yesterday because I didn't eat enough. THAT so rarely happens.

Karen :: your post snuck past me yesterday evening. Just want to send some (((HUGS))).

Linda :: thank you...IA, the aura is always pretty disorienting...how did you finally get yours to go away?

Carole :: have you seen the latest developments in the Caylee case? I actually read the 400 pgs. of documents the OCSO just released. I know that sounds nuts, but it was very compelling reading. No wonder I got nothing done for school yesterday.

Wendy :: Sorry to hear about the new turn of events. The card was very thoughtful of you...and personally, I think the call was even better...way to be there!...I bet it meant so much to her just to talk and hear your voice and know you care, regardless of whether or not you say the "perfect" words...glad you like the cereal...that's actually a different one...I like NP Pumpkin Flax Plus Granola...I haven't tried the one you mentioned...I don't put any stock in the horoscopes--just joking because the Aries symbol is a ram. :)

Judy :: thank you...great job on the calories!...what does tempeh taste like?

Gloria :: I hear you--the first week or two is exhausting, so "only" 3 miles is great!...I'm bracing myself already for next week...I hope to be able to keep right on top of my training schedule, but at the very least, I intend to get in all the runs...Glad the PD was good. It does sound like your principal is on the ball. Have fun with the new tech toys!

Dallas :: thanks! :) I feel like I'm getting there...I think you're doing a great job staying active as possible with all that you have going on...when you don't feel well, just be good to your body and don't beat yourself down any further. Life is hard enough right now. More (((HUGS))). Aww, I bet that was hard seeing your little one off. How did he like his first day?

Well, I may poke around here a bit longer and then try to get back to bed, I hope.

Have a good day!

Last edited:
Morning All!

Dallas: I will be sending you a pm this weekend. I have to look into the cost/finances, etc. :) You have been doing great on your workouts! Awww, your little one going to kindergarten. Here we have all day everyday kdg. IA that emotional turmoil is way more exhausting than physical.

Cathy: Thanks about the run. Nice workout yesterday. Yeah, I am tired, but it isn't a bad tired if that makes sense. Hope you got back to sleep. The new equipment is out of this world top notch. I see lots of troubleshooting in my future! LOL! :D It will be fun to use. The new laptops are wireless, but I can still install my cell phone Internet and use it from home too. I do more computer stuff for school from home, too busy with the kids around. My desk was clear until the open house. It is already starting to gather sticky notes and the such! :) My goal is to keep the piles down this year. How are you feeling today?

We are not at the school today. We are travelling to the next town over to have training with other area school districts on the Framework for Understanding Poverty. That is our biggest challenge. My fifth grade team is carpooling, so that should be fun chatting and what not. I love my team! Today I will be running. Hope everyone has great workouts today! :)

Good morning Cheetah babes!

I tried to get on here yesterday a few times but my computer wouldn't allow it:mad:. I guess it was having a day:rolleyes:. I did actually get my butt up and did Imax 2 yesterday morning...yippee!!! LOVE that one! This morning is going to be a run...no set distance, just gonna go for as long as I feel like. It's been a while since I had a morning all to myself and I intend to enjoy every second of it.

Gonna grab the java and catch up on personals. BBIAM!

Alrighty, ready to rock and roll....

Wendy - Oh, hon, I'm so, so sorry...{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers to you, your BF and her mother. You are a truly wonderful and selfless person to be there for her the way that you are. There really is too much of this going on around here lately:(. On a lighter side, *LOL* about the transposed numbers on your iTread:p. Sorry about the gutter money...next time, right? Lol about the burger:).

Karen - You and Wendy brought tears to my eyes discussing the situations you are both dealing with right now...talk about mutual support and understanding. It's sooooo true that each situation is unique and that it's so imptortant to never lose hope. It sill amazes me how understanding and supportive the Cheetahs are:)...what an incredible group of women! GRRRRR,:mad::mad::mad:, sorry about the IRS problem. Unreal:rolleyes:.

Cathy - I hope you were able to get back to sleep. Good job catching that migraine so quickly...hope that's the last of it! Funny, I used to find that Gatorade helped, as well...thought I was the only weird one;). LOL about subbing some mouthwash for a spa trip:p.

Posh - ^^^5s on the fantastic results!!! Uh, 10 miles *before* work? Wow, just, wow! You'll rock that 18 miler...don't doubt yourself. Can't believe Maui is coming up so soon...you're gonna have a fab time, I'm sure!

Gloria - Glad the open house went well. Hey, give yourself some credit. I can only imagine how hard it must be getting back into the swing of things after summer but you're still getting the runs in there...WTG!

Lorie - LOL about "piss in the ass!" Great job on the CC, especially since the motivation was lacking. It's great when you end up with a great workout when you didn't want to do anything in the first place:).

Judy - Fantastic workout(s) yesterday! You really DO have quite the chippie problem, don't you? Where's Waldo when you need him:p? Um, I actually didn't intend for that to come out like that lol;).

Uh oh, computer's acting kind of weird again. Let me post these (before I lose them) and I'll be back with the rest shortly...I hope:confused:.

Good Morning.

Cathy: HAH, I knew it had pumpkin in it so I thought it was the one you had talked about. Figures it wasn't. LOL Well if I see the one you DID talk about, I will pick it up. I checked out the personality traits for Aries just for fun. Here ya go: "Aries people are doers. They set out to accomplish things and are determined to succeed..." :) Thanks re BF. Hey, speaking of which, isn't your BF due to have a baby soon? :) Glad you got your run and yoga in yesterday before the migraine took effect. Oh, I flunked out in nutrtion y'day too. The cereal didn't actually put me over the edge as badly as I thought it would BUT I proceeded to have a beer and then eat the last of a box of crackers before bed. I didn't even bother entering it. Emotional eating is NEVER a good thing. LOL

Gloria: Carpools must be nice when you are with good people. I've never carpooled to work though I would have loved to. I worked in Jersey City and Newark. They are 2 big cities in NJ and the traffic getting to both could tend to be horrible. It would have been easier to bear had I been in the car chatting away with some co-workers.

Wendi: Thanks for the hugs. Every time I woke up last night the first thing I thought of was BF and her mom. I am going to be on pins and needles fearing "THAT" phone call now. You are right...too much bad stuff circulating around the Cheetahs lives these days. :( Glad you were able to get IMAX 2 done y'day and have an awesome run this morning!

Dallas: Nice double work out with the Drills and Intervals Itreads yesterday! Yeah, some folks aren't talkers. My BF is a talker but she has been FORCED to talk about it so much that she's been wanting some peace and quiet the last couple of months.

Gloria: Sorry DH had to work on the day of the wedding. I would normally choose to do yoga AFTER a run but the class started so early that I would barely have time to squeeze the run in and get to class. It wasn't worth the rush so I just ran afterwards.

Karen: Thanks for understanding. (((HUGS)))

Judy: I've never had tempeh. The recipe you described sounds super yummy though.

All caught up. Have to work this morning. Planning on CTX legs/bi/tri/abs this afternoon though.

Ciao!:)

Last edited:
Gloria :: I'm chuckling about the tech support. We are using a new computerized grading program this year, so there will be probably be some of that in my future as well! :)...Sounds like your training will be interesting today...I'll be joining you in trying to reduce the paper pile this year...thanks--I feel okay. Not great, but not terrible. A little congested, a bit of a residual headache, but overall, it's manageable. I'm sure I look kind of silly sitting here with sunglasses on, but hey, it helps.
th_i-wear-my-sunglasses-at-night-78836.jpg

Wendi :: woo-hoo on gettin' in Imax2 and having the morning all to yourself to just see where the road takes ya. Know you'll thoroughly enjoy that! Any word on that bear
bear.gif
that's been roaming around your area?...Yes, I was able to catch some more zzz's. Gatorade weird? Nah. I wouldn't drink the stuff normally, but I'd been advised to drink it at the onset of a migraine and have found that, for me at least, it does reduce recovery time...You are right. Can't seem to get away from the big C these days. Really, it is hard to find someone who it has NOT reached in some way. Sad.

Wendy :: I don't know if you have Shop Rites up by you, but they carry it here...Oh, I didn't do yoga yesterday, but I should. Good reminder!...Yes, my friend is due in early September...I've read those for fun, but I think we can find a little of ourselves in probably every horoscope. *shrugs* Grain o' salt. :)...I have been very faithful about entering EVERYTHING. I just read in RW that it is possible to lose weight during mary training. Possible for everybody except ME, I guess. *lol*

Cathy: Duh, I don't where I got yoga from. I read the run and I guess I thought I read yoga. Pilates works too though! LOL Well, good job getting it done before the migraine hit regardless! LOL Yeah, I have 2 shoprites by me. I tend to shop at Pathmark but I may have to hit Shoprite the next time I need cereal. :) Can't wait to hear that she's in labor! Is she excited or super cranky and just wanting the kid out already!? LOL

I have been blowing off "formal" yoga practice lately, so I really should get back to it...I don't really know since we don't keep in touch like we used to...we haven't hung out since probably April...but she emailed me last week to thank me for a baby gift and said they were just "waiting" at this point and that it felt like it would be the longest three weeks.

Good morning!

Dallas - Sorry about the nausea! But 6.5 miles is still really good, even if you didn't make it with TNT! I have been having a lot of nausea, too :( I usually "never" have stomach issues. Anyway....hope you are feeling better!

Cathy - my migraines and auras have cut waaaay back since I have become "post menopausal". When I was younger I would have at least one migraine a month and sometimes 2 or 3. The past 10 years or so I have only had a few auras (thank God!) The first couple of times it happened to me, I had no idea what it was and went to the ER. I thought they were nuts when the told me. LOL...it actually took me a few years to actually believe them. (seriously!). Good job on the 4 miles and WP! (by the way...what is WP?) ;) enjoy the 5K tonight!

Wendy - Enjoy your CTX legs/bis/tris and abs! Hope you have a good day at work!

Wendi - Sorry your 'puter is acting up! I love runs like you are planning! They are so nice and helps to clear my mind! Enjoy !!!!

Gloria - Hope you are having a good week with all the preparation and getting back to school! Enjoy your run! I truly admire teachers! It takes special people!

Judy - The recipe sounds yummy!

This morning I did my 7 miles and did Pyramid Up Only Premix Upper Body. We are planning on taking tomorrow and Friday as rest days to get ready for Saturday. I used to only take the day off before the race. But on the 15k we did in May, she suggested the 2 days before off. So that is what we did. I guess that is okay????

Hey to everyone and I will BBL!

Linda

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!

Linda – Did you figure out the iPhone screen? It’s really a cool feature and has a great “wow” factor whenever anyone sees me doing it. :p Great job on the 7 miles!!!

Carole – I’m impressed that you managed a 4.0!!! I’ll never get there, but I’m happy with my 3.7’s. You get to lead the class when we all graduate. :D

Wendy – I’m so sorry to hear about your BF’s Mom!! Having been through something like that, the only thing I can say is to let your heart guide you. While nothing you can say or do will make it better, just being a friend and lending support will make it easier to bare. I would let her know you were told, to spare her from having to repeat it yet again. :( I do love my Mini. It’s fun to zip around town in. They are much bigger than they look, but trying to climb in to one with toddler in tow and putting said toddler into a seat in the back would be a pain! We’ll do a get-together next year! We definitely will take lots of pics.

Jackie – Sounds like you had a fun weekend!! Glad you stopped by!!

Cathy – well at least no one will miss you with your fluorescent yellow strap! :p There are times when I would like prescription sunglasses, but I need full peripheral vision for cycling. Glad you managed to get your migraine under control. I know what you mean about eating too FEW calories and how that rarely happens!

Judy – good job on the dinner and glad you were able to have a glass of wine and enjoy it!! :p

Gloria – Glad things are going well at school. Nice to meet the families before school, eh? Enjoy your training. Sounds interesting.

Dallas – yeah, those closing ceremonies were a bit of a stretch in the imagination – and I have a good one! Oh how hard when your baby starts school {{{Hugs}}} My baby is in 11th grade! That’s scary. I’m not old enough to have an 11th grader!!

Wendi – Way to go on IMAX 2 and HAVE FUN with the run! Good to see you back!

Today is a rest day. Something I ate did not agree with me and I’m just exhausted, so I figured it was stupid to push it. Rest is important too, especially as I’ve been training hard. Did you hear about Chico the Chihuahua? Evidently two guys robbed the bank next door to his house and tried to make a getaway through Chico’s backyard. Chico attacked the guys and pulled the one’s pants off!! Chico’s owner found the pants and lo and behold there was a driver’s license in them. They guys have been arrested. Okay – I could see a shepherd or a dobie or something pulling off someone’s pants, but a Chihuahua? :eek::eek: Cracked me up. Go Chico! Have a great hump day all!

Christine - I did get the iPhone screen to enlarge, thanks to you! It made a huge difference! Thanks! LOL....oh my! I love the Chico story! Can you just picture it? A little tiny dog like that! Sorry about your stomach!! Hope you get rested up and feel better!

I'm back in business...yay! I guess my 'puter decided it was time for me to find the butt glue remover and get out the door for that run:D. It was sooooo good to be back out there but I won't lie and say it was easy:confused:. I *feel* like I do after a good 10 miler and I only did 5.5:(...but I am cutting myself a little slack so it's all good. I know it'll come back quickly enough.

Gonna fix up some breakfast and finish up those personals....

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...You are too funny about running out of smileys!! Thank you...:) Maybe being a vegetarian helps with the A's?...:D...I thought there was a way to share your menus with friends? LOL about failing because you did not eat enough...Glad you got through the migraine.

Linda...I think one of the best things about the nutrition software is I am
learning more about what foods are high in what vitamins and minerals. And I know I will save money on Vitamins as I am taking a lot less of mine!! Good job with PUB up. I think 2 rest days before the 15 miler will be fine...;)

Wendy...my heart goes out to your BF's Mom. As some of us know personally cancer is so devastating. Her and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. I think your idea of a card to express your feelings to your BF is a good idea. I am happy you called her! I know it had to be so hard but you did get in some talking and that is what your BF needs right now. Enjoy your CTX workout today.

Judy...Sounds like a good recipe for the tempeh. I have used it in a number of recipes but not lately as it is one rare thing my DH does not like the taste of.

Gloria...thanks re my 4.0! Enjoy carpooling and your training today. Have a nice run too.

Wendi..sorry about the PC acting up.

Christine...so I wonder when we graduate??..:D...Thanks...Sorry you are so exhausted today. rest is a good choice! Way cute story about Chico! Those little dog's are strong!!

Dallas...thanks re my weight loss and GPA! SO you have not gotten a chance to login your info yet?? You have been getting in some good workouts. I bet it can be tough to see your youngest go off to school. I bet he will have fun in Kindergarten..:)

So, I have told you guys that we are in our fire season? Well yesterday I was outside, heard sirens, then saw the smoke. I turned on my scanner and called my DH, he was on his way home. Knew the fire was close but not exactly sure how. My DH called from my Mom's (she lives 1/4 mile from us). The fire was in the back of her property!! Some idiot (yeah, I DO have other words for this guy) was outside welding in the hot windy air!! The wind carried the fire to my Mom's property, but thank god the fire guys were there ASAP and got in under control in no time. My Mom was very scared and rightly so. I went down a few times yesterday to check on her and keep the line around the fire wet with the hose the Fire Dept left. This guy only got a warning as it was not a "Red flag day", well it IS today. I just cannot believe how stupid some people are. There was also another fire that burned 130 acres further in town and away from us. Not sure how that one got started. I am praying for December!!

Today will be GS C&T and a 4-5 mile run.

Have a good day...:)

Wendy - It does seem like there's a dark cloud hanging over the den lately:(. I know which cereal Cathy is talking about and it is YUMMY :9! Sorry about the emotional eating last night...no fun, know how that goes:(. I know you'll get right back on track though. Have a great workout!

Cathy - LOL, know all about the sunglasses. Imagine me sitting there in a classroom in 8th grade with my shades on trying to get through the day:rolleyes:...as if the ridicule in school isn't bad enough, right? Heehee, no *recent* bear sightings but just found out from my running neighbor that we have other wildlife to contend with now....guinea pigs:eek:!!! Oh, lordy, watch out:p. It seems that someone let a bunch of pigs lose and they are now known as the "Chorley 13" (the name of the elementary school right behind my house). You'd never know that I live in the "city" *lol*!

Linda - WOWZAS...L&G *and* 7 miles is certifiable:eek::eek::eek:! And then 7 miles today?!?! I can't believe you're even walking lol. The auras are a bit strange, aren't they? Enjoy the rest of your workout today!

Christine - OMG that Chico story is hysterical...wtg little guy! Yuck, sorry about the stomach issues:(. Cool that you're able to kill two birds with one stone by riding your bike to and from work...save money on gas and a great calorie burn, gotta love it!

Carole - Wow, a 4.0 is incredible! You over-achiever:p;). I've started playing with the nutrition program and it looks like it's virtually impossible to get a 4.0...well done! OMG how scary for your mom! Thank goodness the firefighters were able to get it under control so quickly...unbelieveable. Enjoy your workout!

Jackie - You sound uber busy these days! Great job getting those workouts in this weekend. Did you have a nice time with DBF?

Dallas - Hope the first day of school goes well for DS today. WTG squeezong those great workouts in with all that's going on for you. Sorry about the nausea though:(.

I think that wraps things up for now. I really need to get cracking on the housework. I've got a lot of family coming next weekend and the house needs to be *spotless*:eek::confused: for my one grandmother or she'll freak. So off I go.

Have a fantastic day ladies!

Trying to get all caught up from yesterday. I got all the IRS bullcrap out of the way and mailed them their freaking money. Can't really worry about it now. Had a good cry and it's over. What can I do. On to other stuff. Today I had a nice 7 mile tempo run. The weather here broke into the 70's so I was a happy camper on my run. Now time to get caught up.

Cathy- Gald to here your migraine went away. Dh gets them so I know how they can stop you in your tracks. Enjoy your fun 5k tonight. Oh how cool was Cory Hart. I had that album. He was so cute. Reminds me of being a teenager again.

Gloria- It sounds like you should have a fun time carpooling and catching up with your friends. It's a good way to spend the day after long meetings and seminars.

Wendi- Enjoy your workout today. I have tons of Cathe dvd's and tapes and never owned CTX. It's one that I wish I had when I am training. It seems like I can only revert back to PUB.

Linda- Good job on the 7 miles and good luck this weekend. i can't wait to hear a full report. You know I have never done the PUB premix. How long does that take about. I'm trying to find an UB short workout without doing the entire PUB dvd.

Carole- I missed the 4.0. Congrats. I can't get out of the low 3's. Sorry to hear about your mom. It's good you live so close and can check on her. I swear people are so stupid. I bet he never got checked by the IRS:eek: He just can start fires being ignorant of the conditions.

Christine- Funny about the chiuaua (sp) Speaking of. My sister who I went to see yesterday got her dd a chiuaua a few months back. I swear that thing is the loudest most protective beast out there. You couldn't come anywhere near my neice. It was like he was gaurding the president. If anyone wants a protective dog that is it.

Posh- Thanks for the IRS Hugs. Hopefully I will never hear from them again. Have a great day.

Lorie- Sorry I missed all the post yesterday. Hope you had a nice workout and a great day.

Judy- We have ground hogs. The things are getting so brave they actually come out in the daytime and sit on my trash cans and eat them and we are standing right there.

Jackie- Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend of workouts.

Dallas- Poor mommy. I feel so sad for you seeing your little one off. I know some moms can't wait for there kids to go back to school but i am not one of them. i guess that is partly why I homeschool. I would miss them too much. Hugs to you.

Wendi- Great 5.5 mile run. I'm so happy to hear you have a day to yourself. Good for you. Enjoy it.

Fly by post, but I'll be back. The bus will be here shortly. I did 4 miles this morn and then B&G Standing Glutes and a few ab exercises. 6:15A came fast, so I had to race upstairs to wake the kids. Today was easy waking them up, but I know it won't last. ;) Oh Carole, I had a major typo. :eek: It's dh who is close to perfect with his GPA. I didn't even start to enter yet.

I'll come back for personals. We have a few stops to make. :)

Karen - The premix is around 30 minutes. I have just discovered how valuable the premixes are! Last week was the first time I did any of the GS premixes! I am excited because that will make it sooo much easier to do strength while trying to train for the marathon!!! I like the Pyramid premix, too! Now..I need to try the 4DS premixes! :D I am glad the IRS stuff is over...but I am so sorry they put you through that and messed you over! Glad you had a good run!

Linda- Thanks for the info. I am going to do the PUB premix tomorrow then. I really have never done the premixes for some reason. i just moslty since I was doing more weighted workouts I jsut did the whole thing. Now I need the quicker UB workouts more then ever. How long is the run again this weekend.

Good Afternoon.

Karen and Linda: I love premixes. They open up a world of options when you are short on time or even just bored. Enjoy them!

Wendi: Hope you are busy getting your house whipped into shape so that grandma doesn't freak out on you!:eek: Yeah, we gotta do something about the darned black cloud around here. It's startin' to make me mad! :mad: So you have a pack of guinea pigs runnin' the streets of your town now? OMG, too funny! Who'd of thunk it? Perhaps they will scare the bear away!!! :D

Carole: What an idiot welding in weather conditions like that. I am so glad that your mom is okay. I can imagine how scared she was. Unfortunately I am very familiar with the devastation that cancer brings as well. It seems to run pretty rampant in my family....my grandmother & grandfather on my mom's side both had it, my dad had it, 2 of my aunts had it and I'm sure the list goes on. It's truly scarey.

Christine: Chico the Chihuahua!? How freakin' funny is THAT!? LMBO! Great story. Thanks for sharing! :)

Cathy: If I didn't start taking this yoga class for my job I wouldn't be doing yoga right now either. It's very hard for me to stay disciplined with it. Yes, the last month of pregnancy can be frustrating. Perhaps she'll go early!

Okay, all caught up! Time for coffee! BBL!

Last edited:
Karen - You're welcome! Hope you like it! The race is a 15 miler. IT is a pretty big deal in our area.

Wendy - I am just starting to realize just how valuable these premixes are! I agree with you! I am excited about "discovering" them, finally!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.