Cheetahs...run like the wind ladies...Sunday June 10th

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Moring.

WOW, I am surprised we had no early risers starting this thread before now! I know Cathy is out of town but I was sure that Sunny would be alive and kickin' by now!:+

I'll be back with personals in a few!

Christine: How was your have mercy ride and your dinner last night?

Jackie: When are you coming home? Glad you are having a good time.

I thought I had more personals then that to catch up with! LOL Oh well, easy post for me!:p

Today is my rest day but I want to try to get yoga in since I blew it off on thursday. I probably won't do it until later in the day though.

BBL!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...glad you had some nice alone time yesterday. I like those times myself...:)..I did a circuit premix from SJP/SB yesterday. I was drenched but it was quite fun. The painting is coming along well, it just takes time when we both work. Sounds like the grad/pool party was fun. Sorry about everyone bailing out on you for the dancing...:(...your DH does work hard it seems. Enjoy your rest day or yoga!

Gayle...terrible story about your friend. She is in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad she has you to help. Good job with S&H.

Cathy...hope you had a great time with your friends. Geeze...hope they catch that Toesucker!!

Shelly...your words about your DH are so sweet. I know you will be reunited soon! I might just post some pics here when we get done. We did more painting yesterday, after my workout...:)...hope you had a good 8 miler yesterday.

Jackie...thanks for checking in and making us jealous!! I am so happy you are getting pampered.

Christine...I did look at your other pics. Very nice, your Dad looks like a sweetie...:)...so how did Jimmy do with JJ?

Sunny...it is very true about different instructors. Sometimes they just don't click for you...:)...I will definitely let you know how I like Amy's kickboxing. Shelly is quite the enabler...:)

I am planning on an 8 mile trail run. Yep, the trail I tripped and fell on 2 weeks ago. Waking up about 3:30 this morning might not help...:(..I HATE insomnia!!!

Have a great day...:)

Hey guys. How are you all doing?????? Today is day 13 in a ROW for me and clean eating! Woo Hoo!

This morning's workout was IMax 2. I'm really sore across my upper chest today from yesterday's S&H, but it feels soooooooo good! LOL

Today, older DS is trying out for the 10yr-old All-Star Travelling team. He's only 9, but they asked him to come out and try out for the team. Keeping my fingers crossed. A bunch of parents aren't letting their boys try out for it because of the committment, but I don't see how I can say no to DS! I'd really like to see him succeed at this!

Thanks, also, for the thoughts on my friend. She's hanging in there. I worry about her, though, because she's not a very emotionally strong person. She's been down on herself for many years and doesn't think she's 'qualified' for many things, from a job to being a single parent. Tomorrow the attorney will be in touch with her so we'll have a much better idea of where she stands and what she needs to do next!

Gayle

RE: Cheetahs...run like the wind ladies...Sunday June 1...

Good morning cheetahs! My goodness, it's slow even for a Sunday!
Yesterday afternoon I tried out AllBodyAttack, a new CIA vid. WOW-
absolutely loved this one.... talk about HIGH intensity! I actually had to pause this one a few times and that rarely happens! It's also pretty much the most innovative workout I've ever done. She actually picks up the top of the long step in one segment and uses it as a resistance tool. Had a great run yesterday too and even had time to take the motorcycle out for a spin:)

Wendy- I PM'd ya:) Sorry you didn't get to go out dancing last night! Do you get back your little love bug Joey today? Have a great yoga day.

Carole- We caught the same insomnia bug! That doesn't happen with me too muchx( You should have sufficient energy I think for your trail run today, but you'll probably feel it by this afternoon. Here's wishing you a triumphant trail run today!!!
What!..... me an enabler? ;-)

Christine- How did the spinning go yesterday? I'm curious too how Jimmy liked his cousin. You probably got some great pics of that encounter!

Sunny- what's happening?
Hope all the rest of you cheetahs are well and happy!

For today it'll be a sweet simple 3 mile run and then CardioFusion :7 Also more cleaning and packing

ShellyC

Hi Gayle- posting at the same time. Great job with the clean eating!
Best of luck to your DS today, you must be quite proud of him! Glad to hear that your friend is doing okay, as well as can be expected anyway. She is VERY lucky to have you!

ShellyC

Good Afternoon ladies,

ohhh i was up early this morning just didn't have time to post. i went to a local trail with my running buddy and we ran 7 miles. my longest run to date!! i may add in a little yoga today when the boys take a nap.

wendy- i believe you will enjoy your istrength choices. go get that practical done girl!!

shelly- don't worry i am still alive and kickin':7 . it's funny after such a long run i expect to be tired but i feel like doing something else. too bad i won't have time:eek: . note to self- purchase all body attack...lol

carole- enjoy your run today and be careful;) sorry about the insomia. i just hate when that happens. i know YOU will be able to push thru.

ttyl....:)

Gayle...good job with Imax2. My fingers will also be crossed for your DS!

Shelly...see...there you go enabling again!! Thanks for your trail run wishes for me, but I am trying to be smarter, so I opted instead for 50 min on my EXT. I will try a longer run maybe tomorrow...:)...sounds like a nice workout for you. Have fun cleaning and packing.

Sunny..way to go on 7 miles!! As I told Shelly, I ended up skipping the run and doing my EXT. I can stay upright a bit easier that way...:)

Done with my workout and I think maybe a shower and a nap are next! Then yes, more painting!!...:D

*runs in waving hands wildly in excitement*

I only have 5 more exercises to do and my practical exam is DONE!!!!

WOOT WOOT WOO HOO YEAY YEAH ALRIGHT YIPPEE SO HAPPY YEE HAW!

:7 :7 :7

*runs out to finish*

*runs, hops, skips, jumps and flies through the air with the greatest of ease*

I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7

Now let's just hope that I PASS the darned thing!:p

I still have to get the video transferred to dvd and I have to make grammatical corrections to the essay section but that's it!!!!:7

Hey Ladies...I was just wondering if you could sense my excitement???

:p

Good Afternoon all –

Okay, so after dad leaves, it’s back to serious clean eating. When my “fat” pants are fitting just right, I know it’s time to eat well. It’s no wonder, either – we’ve been eating as if the world were going to end tomorrow! I made a Father’s Day brunch this morning (I won’t be with dad for Father’s Day) and it consisted of pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt and mimosa’s! I had a bit of everything, and too much of everything! Last night’s dinner was wonderful, except they decided to leave JJ at home, so he did not come along. I was bummed. But, we had a great time. Dinner was delicious. I took today off from working out – which I had hoped not to, but with dad here, that’s fine. Tomorrow is the premix from GS C&T followed by an hour of cycling – probably Hillacious. Then a trip to Santa Cruz with dad, DD14, her BF and Jimmy.

Wendy – CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are DONE!!! Oh, I know you will pass! I’m so excited for you! WAY TO GO!!!! Have Mercy was fun – I love my new trainer – so much better than the old one. I’m enjoying it very much.

Carole – my dad is a sweetie, thanks. He’s such a great guy. Very accommodating. Happy to do whatever we want. Glad to hear you stayed upright this time on the run! Nothing like a hot shower after a great run!

Gayle – can your spare some of that will power for me? I think it’s fabulous! Way to go! So cool about DS! I have my fingers crossed too! So sorry to hear about your friend! How tough! I’m glad she has you for a friend. Sounds like the jerk (aka her DH – and D is NOT Dear) has been manipulating her for years. Some men just suck. I’m sending a really hard back kick to his nether regions in my thoughts!

Shelly – okay, now you peaked my interest! A workout that made YOU pause? Sounds like you had a really great day yesterday! Not much longer ‘til you’re on the East Coast (you, my DH and my Dad all head east on the same day!). I’ll bet you’ll be happy to see DH!

Sunny – a 7 mile trail run?! Wow! That’s great! Have fun with yoga!

And Wendy girl – you ENJOY your excitement! We love hearing it! *Does happy dance around room with Wendy*

Enjoy ladies!!

Happy Sunday, cheetahs! :)

Baltimore was a good time…Everything I ate and drank was completely unhealthy. I’m not hungover, but I *am* mighty tired. We were out late, and I didn’t sleep very well between the loud air conditioning going on and off all night, my one friend who snores like a wild animal (he was whacked in the head three times with a pillow to no avail), and the kitty litter smell in the room. So I’m not sure whether or not I will work out later on. I still have some papers to grade. Don’t exactly feel like doing that, either. *lol* Pretty much, I’m in sloth mode.

Shelly :: thanks for the info on ABA…I think Jackie has said good things about that one, too…When I first saw “high impact,” I thought no, probably not for me, but in reading the rest of your comments, I must say I continue to be intrigued about this one.

Sunny :: great job on the 7 miles…it feels good to conquer new distances…enjoy your yoga. I love doing post-run yoga!

Gayle :: more good luck wishes coming to DS.

Wendy :: AWESOME that you are through with the practical ~ way to go!! I am sure you will ace it!…Sorry the plans fell through with your friends – stinks when that happens and you are rarin’ to go out…Hey, if I’da been home, I’d have driven up there with a six-pack of Corona Lights!

Carole :: hope the painting’s coming along nicely…I look forward to seeing pics when you are all done.

Jackie :: saw you popping in from Fla…don’t know if you will go back to Sunday’s thread, but in case you do ~ glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed yourself on vaca.

Christine :: sounds like a lovely dinner. How’d Jimmy enjoy playing with his cousin? ETA: oops! Your post snuck in there and I missed it. I see that Jimmy & JJ didn't meet up. Absolutely lost it when I read about the hard back kick you were delivering to Gayle's friend's soon-to-be ex-H. I just love your wicked humor!

OK, here's an oddball question for all of you...do any of you sometimes feel like your mirror plays tricks on you? As in, one day you think you look fit or you see some slight improvement (oh, maybe my thighs are getting slimmer) and the next day, you feel like a blob is looking back at you? I find myself experiencing that lately, and I wonder if I'm getting a little wacky/obsessive, or if others do this, too. Any thoughts appreciated. :)

Cathy :)

Okay...I'm done being spastic.:p I have eaten and I'm settled down with my java now for personals. :)

Carole: I hope today's run was a success! No more tripping! Do you remember when I tripped on a root during running class? LOL

Gayle: You know you are a Catheite when DOMS feels GOOD! Others would COMPLAIN but our motto is IT HURTS SO GOOD, right? }( I'm keepin' your friend in my prayers.

Shelly: I was incredibly bummed out about the dancing thing initially and really wanted to go but once I got settled in at home you couldn't have DRAGGED me out of the house to go dancing! LOL So now not only do I have Squeeze on my gotta get it list but All Body Attack too now!?!? OY! :p :7

Sunny: WTG on the 7 mile run girl! One day I am going to have to get my arse outside and start upping my mileage again! I can't do it on the TM because I'm not fast enough for the time limit at the gym unless I TM hop or re-start it and that's a pain! LOL I think I am going to give the ISculpt I bought a try tmrw in place of the SS work out I had planned!}(

Christine: Enjoy your time with your dad and all of that wonderful food and worry about the aftermath later girl!}( :9 :+ I'm glad you are happy with your new trainer! I am planning on purchasing spin shoes this week! I'm so excited!:7

Cathy: Glad you had a blast in Baltimore! Any time you want to come up and have a Corona party with me, you are more then welcome! I'd love to have you here! :+

WTG wendy!!!!!!!!!!!! great job! can't wait for you to get the letter in the mail saying you passed:7 which iscuplt did you get?

carole- love the EXT as well.

cathy- sounds like you had an awesome trip. you are not alone sometimes the mirror plays "tricks" on me also;)

alrighty, just came in from riding bikes outside with ds #1. sure felt good now that i am more comfortable.

enjoy the remainder of your day ladies...;o)

Hello Cheetahs!! Checkin' in after a crazy weekend. We had to cut our camping trip short because as soon as we got there (3 hr drive) Allison was running a temp, complaining of a headache & sore throat. I did at least pack Tylenol. ;-) She was feeling ok Fri night, not great but was at least able to enjoy a little fishing & hanging out by the campfire. And she woke up w/ a higher fever Sat morning so we packed up & headed home. Unloaded, took a shower (it was *rustic* camping), and took her to the Clinic. I suspected strep throat & was correct! Poor girl was really feeling miserable by that point. So she's on Amoxicillin & taking a very long nap this afternoon. So far so good w/ the other 2. I REALLY hope Kiersten doesn't catch it as her surgery is on Tues (and remember, we've already had to reschedule once due to another ear infection!).

Greg & I just finished up Chest & Back, and I did Ab Ripper. We're both fighting off allergies, I felt really crummy y'day but am feeling a bit better today. I can't seem to shake the headaches this week, I've had 2 migraines & a tension headache y'day. Y'day ended up being a rest day for me, wanted to run but w/ a sick dd it just didn't work out.

Well, just wanted to check in. I'll try to catch up a bit w/ personals!

Gayle ~ I'm so sorry about your friend. What a tough situation! You're a great friend & I know you'll help her through it.

Cathy ~ I know exactly the mirror you speak of. I have the same one. It seems some days I think that I am looking better & other days I want to cry when I look in the mirror. My dh is quick to point out that I look the same, but that isn't what I see!! I don't know if that helps ya as I tend to be OCD in a lot of areas....
Glad you had a fun weekend.

Christine ~ Love the pics you posted of your family. Just beautiful!! Hope you're having fun w/ your family this weekend.

Shelly ~ Not too long til you'll be reunited w/ your dh! How sweet!! Hope you enjoyed CF today, I haven't done that one in ages now!

Sunny ~ Great job on your longest run to date!! Yeah!! That's great!

Carole ~ Smart Cheetah using the EXT. And hope you can get some rest tonight. I had some insomnia last week, no fun! It take a while to catch up on lost rest!

Wendy ~ Did you do your yoga? Which new yoga DVD's do you recommend? I know you bought a couple new ones. And YEAH for finishing up your PT stuff!!!! You go girl!! Are ya a little excited??? }(

Hope you're all enjoying your evening!!

Hola once more, cheetahs! :)

I took my schoolwork outside and graded **THE LAST BATCH OF PAPERS** for the 06-07 school year!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!! So that's done. You'll get a break from hearing me say "off to grade" for awhile! :) It was nice working in the fresh air, but boy, the skeeters were out in full force!

Now I'm looking at my rotation, which derailed the past two days. As I sit here fighting off a yawn, I am thinking I will not work out tonight after all but will just start afresh tomorrow and make up for it somewhat this week.

Wendy :: It won't be long (RT!) before we have a chance to tip back some Coronas!

Sunny :: glad I'm not the only one "seeing things" in my mirror! Glad, too, that you've made some adjustments to make the bike ride more comfortable.

Jess :: oh no! Another kiddo down with a bug. What rotten luck your fam has had of late. Hope Kiers can stay bug-free and all will go smoothly for this week's operation. Good job not letting the allergies or migraines deter your w/outs! You are one fierce cheetah!...Thanks - yes! - I am relieved to know I am not the only person who thinks this way. I guess I just have to keep it in check and not become too crazed by it. Same thing with photos. A friend took a picture of me last night and I found myself analyzing my body, distressed with how my arm looked. It's ridiculous. I have to remind myself that I am still a work-in-progress.

OK, I need to scare up some dinner. Have a great night. I can't believe another weekend is drawing to a close.

Cathy :)

Yeah, Cathy! Glad you're almost done w/ the school year! I'm sure that's a relief!

Allison has been healthy pretty much all winter & NOW gets sick. She took a good 4 hr nap this afternoon & woke up feeling much better. I don't know if I'd be better off taking some more time off but I figure I only have 4 weeks left of the X! Do you remember feeling super tired towards the end of Phase 2/ and start of Phase 3? I don't feel like I'm starting Phase 3 refreshed after a recovery week! Oh well, I'll push on.

Oh, I hate seeing random photos of myself. I only post the ones that aren't too horrible. ;-) Hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Hannah & I went for a run tonight, just 1.5 miles. She's excited about the 1 mile race this weekend. We ran 1 mile in 11:57 (I let her wear my Garmin), which is 2 seconds faster than last time. The good thing about the race is that it's totally flat & our neighborhood is a bit hilly so she'll be able to do even better for the race. I'm not really looking forward to the 5K as I know it won't be a speedy one for me. Oh well, at least I'm running!

OK, off to relax. Greg said he'd give me a massage, my whole neck/ shoulder is still really tight. I don't know if I've been sleeping on it weird or what. Have a great night, Cheetahs!

Evening Ladies!

Ummm...I blew yoga off again!:-( After being cooped up in the house all day doing that darned exam and then housework, I needed to get out so I went to visit mom for a couple of hours this evening. I had actually FORGOTTEN about my "date" with yoga until I got to mom's place so it wasn't exactly PURPOSEFUL but none-the-less...I feel guilty now and who knows if I'll make it up at this point....ACK!x(

Sunny: I got ISculpt circuit set 12 and IStrength circuit set 5. I hemmed and hawed sooo long about getting one of these but now that I FINALLY have them, I can't wait to try them out!}(

Jess: Awwww, poor Allison. Sorry your camping trip was cut short but I'm glad she felt better after that long nap! The new yoga vids I have are Baron's Journey to Power 2 which I LOVE and the XFlowsion work out set which is growing on me-it's not "traditional" yoga so it's taking some getting used to. Now if only I would stop blowing off my yoga work outs and actually get back to doing them every week like I used to it would be perfect! LOL

Cathy: You are making me want a beer now! }( :9 :D

Wendy, Wendy, you yoga skipper!! J/k Sounds like you deserve a break after those exams! ;-) Hope you had a nice visit w/ your Mom. I get to see my Mom & brother tomorrow night, they'll be coming to stay w/ my other dd's while we take Kiersten to have her surgery Tues morning. I love spending time w/ my family.

Thanks for the yoga tip! I have Baron's Live Soul Strength DVD and I like his style.

Have a great night! Greg massaged my neck/ shoulder & it is still killing me. Then Hannah rubbed it for me, what a sweetie. I'm going to sit w/ the heating pad on it for a while & see if that helps. Ouch!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.