###CHEETAHS..run like the wind###

lederr

Cathlete
i am up and about to go get ready for my race. i tried to go to sleep early last night but only slept intermittently. too excited, i guess. yeah, i'm a littlel tired right now, but i know the adrenaline is gonna kick in!

so far, the rain is north but moving towarads us. it's supposed to get bad (thunder) around 10 AM. the race starts at 7 and i will hopefully be done before then! who cares? i've got all my cheetahs behind me pushing me ahead. that's what i'll be thinking about!

i will be back after the race. love you guys!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_5_20.gif

Good morning, Lorie and all the fabulous cheetahs!

Happy Turkey/Tofurkey Day! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/turkeytalk.gif

And let's not forget the PIE!
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/piesmiley1.gif

Lorie :: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/goodluck/th_goodluck.gif to you today! Sending lots of strong and speedy cheetah vibes your way. http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/goodluck/th_pixiedust.gif Hope it stays dry for you.

Now I need to go back and read yesterday's posts and I'll be back with personals...

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Lori :: you are good, getting everything done in a timely fashion. I think I will do my cards next weekend. Good idea to get 'em done early.

Wendi :: how are you feeling? Throat any better?…Great job getting in a nice 7 miler…A quiet, peaceful T’giving sounds appealing to me right now…Cracked up at your invite to Christine…Yeah, the chiro visits (once a week) are maintenance. My back has been feeling really good for about two weeks now…it was really acting up there for a time…I didn’t mind working yesterday. Can’t complain with a four-and-a-half day weekend!…Somehow I have been needing extra sleep lately…sorry you have to work today.

Carole :: I didn’t mind the post-chiro drowsiness…it doesn’t happen all the time, but it’s almost like a Zen thing. You feel SO good, you just want to close your eyes. Does that ever happen to you? Stinks that your fam can’t be more supportive of your choices. I’m big on the whole “live and let live” philosophy…sorry about the insomnia…I was completely engrossed with Shark Week when it ran this summer…fascinating!

Judy :: I felt pretty good, but oddly enough, I dozed off and napped yesterday afternoon. I’m puzzled by how tired I’ve been feeling lately, but it’s time I snap out of it! :7 The butternut squash soup sounds yummmmmmy!!…Too cute that your cats will sit right ON you during yoga. And that they’re checking on little Waldo. ACK! I forgot you were doing a turkey trot today…Good luck to you, too! Strong, speedy vibes comin’ your way:
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/goodluck/th_vibes2.gif

Christine :: how was bocce? Nice that your dad is coming out to visit. He sounds like a great guy...love your stories about Jimmy.

Jackie :: rain does have that effect on me, too…IA about the length of the 4DS…although I didn’t want BC or KB to end, this series is perfect for holiday crunch time, and as you said, you can always add on.

Wendy :: I have the 4g Nano and still have some room, but when I transferred from a Mini to a Nano, somehow *everything* in my music library went on there, so I need to do some cleaning up…I ran some errands, napped (as if I haven’t been sleeping enough!), and cleaned. But I waited too long to get out there and run and missed the window of opportunity before darkness. I could have and should have hit the ol' dreadmill, but I blew it off. I don't know why I have such a mental block with that thing, but there's no excuse for it. I'm hoping the elliptical is my saving grace this winter b/c I've been finding it hard to get home from work before sunset. That's part of it. The other part is that I've been feeling tired the past couple of weeks. Probably stress-related from these past couple of months, but now it's time to bounce back.

Hi Shelly, Linda, Susan, and anyone else dropping in.

Well, everyone, have a GREAT holiday! I don't intend to blow off another workout today but will post details once it's done!

[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Good Morning Cheetahs!!!

Hoping to check in before my co-worker arrives. I had a good night at work , not stressful at all but I still need to get some z's when I get home.

Yesterday I tried to do LIS/HIS premix but after doing LIS my brain needed a break! LOL So I got on the TM for 30 mins, then went back and did the weight work from LIS. I may try doing the same thing today but with HIS.

Lorie** Have a good race! Sending good vibes your way!

Cathy** I thought that this was a good time to get the cards done...but I haven't done them yet:) I was to lazy to get out of my own way last night! So I may do them tonight! I can also save them for my day shifts next week. Have a good workout ,whatever you decide to do!

Wendi** GOod job on the workout yesterday! You did good for someone who wasn't feeling very good!

Carole** Are you serious? YOur DH always gets up super early? What time does he go to bed? We wouldn't last the whole day if we were up that early in my house! Some people just don't need much sleep I guess.

Wendy** Good job on the workout yesterday! I did get out yesterday but after I went out, the snow turned to rain and that was gross. We weren't out long though. Shortly after I got home, the rain changed to snow again. My feet were soaked!

Christine** You can have my first snow fall as well;) I don't want that either! LOL Its o.k when it is nice and pretty but when the rain follows, and everything gets wet and slippery! Ick!

Jackie** I am enjoying the workouts! And for the same reason that you are! They aren't that long and before I know it, they are over. They won't be good for the days I want a long workout but atleast I can use them on the days when time isn't on my side.

O.k...I hope everyone as a wonderful day with family and friends!!!!
I will check back in tonight and report my workout:)

Lori:)

Happy Thanksgiving Cheetahs :)

Lorie- Good luck on the HM today!!!!

Lori- Getting the cards done early is nice. We either do them early or not at all.

Cathy- Tomorrow is the big day for the elliptical right? have you looked into the iClimbs yet?

*** The race is not going to happen for me today. My friend who was to run it with me suggested we bag it. It is raining hard and predicted to change to sleet/wet snow. And the race is up near Lake Ontario, which will increase the possibility of hi winds and snow. Also it is my friends birthday, so I agreed with her. It would have been hectic any way because, the race is not until 10:00 and we have to be at my family celebration, 90 minutes away, at 1:00pm. With the bad weather conditions, it will take longer to drive there.

We are considering signing up for the Arthritis Foundation's 5K Jingle Bell Run on December 2.

I will either do an iTread or an iClimb this morning. Then we are going to attempt to to take a family picture for our cards before we go to the family gathering.

Have a great day everyone and try to stay under 5000 calories!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving to all the fabulous cheetahs!!!!
I had one day off and too much to do so I didn't get in a cheetahfix yesterday:( I'm actually feelin pretty good now with only a couple of hours left in the shift. Yesterday I did Amy's KBext and the 4DS legs. For today I'll be doing an itread 60 minutes right when I get home, then some cooking, get the turkey in the oven and hopefully I can squeeze in a nap after that.

Lorie- Go get em!!! Have a great race... we're all with you but most importantly... .HAVE FUN! That's what it's all about. Hope the weather holds for ya!

Cathy- Your rotation sounds like a good one and a very nice mix for fat loss. Tomorrow you get to break in your new EXT also!
Are you doing the cooking for Thanksgiving?

Lori- How nice that you have snow! I know living in Canada it isn't very special for you but I always LOVE it!! Do you have to work any holidays?

Wendi- Well, I guess that 7 mile run was just the ticket to cure that sore throat/yuckiness :7 :7 Great job! That's a shame you have to go into work today:( I hope it really is only for a couple of hours!

Carole- Tofurkey for you today? Over the next few days I'll be firming up plans for LV:7 :7 10 days away:eek: :eek: I've been very good with the tapering.... quite proud of myself!;-) Hope you got in some good sleep tonight.

Judy- Best of luck with your Turkey trot today!!! I'll really be interested in how you like it! BTW, love the name Waldo for your latest kitty!

Christine- I can see why that spinning workout is called Have Mercy!! 90 minutes and that wasn't even the whole workout???:eek:
That's great that your DH is getting into spinning!!

Jackie- Have you recovered from all your travelling and racing yet?
The 4DS workouts are really versatile aren't they?

Hi Wendy!! Hope Santa brings you a new iPod!! But glad you ironed out the problems with this one in the meantime! Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving.

Hi Linda, Susan, Kristi!

Hopefully I'll have time to check in later.

ShellyC

Good morning and HAPPY, HAPPY Thanksgiving Cheetah Pals!!

popping in for a quick minute to send good running vibes to Lorie and to say GO, CHEETAH, GO :D !!

I am off for a 7 mile run. I will be back later for personals:)

Judy! We were posting at the same time. I don't blame you a bit for deciding against the race. A little snow wouldn't be bad but the high winds..... fuggetaboutit! I did a Jingle Bell 5k a year ago...
very nice race! They give out very nice T shirts and medals and alot of people dress up for it. You'll have fun and it's for a good cause!

ShellyC

SUNNY! I knew I was forgetting someone!!! Gasp, how could I!
Have a great run and a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!

ShellyC

Hi again, cheetahs!

Lori :: hope you bank some good zzz’s today. You night shifters have my utmost respect for the schedule you juggle.

Judy :: I haven’t ventured over to iTrain yet…I will, though. Understandable about not wanting to run the race in lousy weather. A Jingle Bell 5K sounds like fun. My BIL is bringing over his famous taco dip, so I may not be able to stay under the 5000 calorie mark! :7

Shelly :: hope you can squeeze in some zzzz’s in all that you’re doing today!…No, I won’t be cooking –- my mom does it -- but my sister and I will help…thanks for the input on the rotation!

Sunny :: enjoy your run!

Just came in from a 3.13 mile run ~ beautiful blue skies with all the yellows, oranges, and reds still peppering the skyline even this late in the season. I love it! Followed that with some pushups and abs on the BOSU. That thing fatigues me quickly.

Off to shower. BBL.

Ok...I'm taking deep breaths, trying to avoid the urge to PUNCH SOMETHING! I just did personals and lost it in cyberspace! ARGH!!!x( x( x(

Let me go grab food and coffee and I'll back and try again...

Happy T-Day cheetahs!!

Good Luck Lorie...sounds like you will miss the rain. Can't wait to hear how you do!!

Cathy...the Zen like thing happens to me after massage sometimes but not adjustments. I am big on the "Live and let live" thing too. Not like I tell them how awful that turkey actually is for them or get up on my Vegetarian soapbox!! Glad to know I am not the only one watching and liking Sharks shows...:)..Good job on your run and Bosu workout.

Lori..I think HIS step is even more challenging that LIS step. My DH falls asleep about 7:30 at night. he did sleep in til 5:30 AM with me this morning.

Judy..thanks and yes I slept much better last night. Good plan today going after the veggies!! Is that Seitan recipe in Vegan Planet? I have not done that one but have done one from tht book called "Wheat Meat Stroganoff" which uses Seitan and is quite good. I usually make my own veggie gravy but I might use the Tofurkey gravy today. I think it was a good idea to skip the race today. That kind of weather is awful to drive and run in! A Jingle Bell run sounds fun.

Shelly...you betcha it is a Tofurkey day!! Very happy to hear you have been tapering well...:)...I have a HS friend that might pop in to LV that weekend...it is going to be soooo fun.

Sunny..enjoy your 7 mile run.

Christine...yes, DH is acting lots better now. I hope your secret Santa gets you Slo-mo! Good job with Spinervals yesterday.

Jackie...I sometimes think the insomnia for me can be hormonal..age and all...:). Last night was MUCH better. Glad you are enjoying the 4DS workouts.

Wendi...don't you just love the 1st few runs in new sneaks!!

Wendy...way to go with that iTread yesterday. I slept great last night. Sorry you lost your post!!

So I am doing Slo-mo C&B and a 6 mile run if time permits. My menu for dinner looks like this:
Tofurkey
gravy
garlic mashed potatoes
green bean casserole
rolls
I am also making a Pumpkin pie to take to my sisters for dessert.
Did you know, there is also http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/football5.gif[/img] on today????

http://myglitterspace.com/glitters/thanksgiving/3.gif[/img]

Happy Thanksgiving Cheetahs!!!

I have company for a few days and we are cooking dinner here. DH's parent's and my stepmother are coming for dinner. My daughter's are going to in-law's, so I won't be seeing them today. I'll miss them, but at least I will be seeing them this weekend! Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Cathy - I am glad you didn't get hurt any worse in that wreck! I am sorry you were hurt at all....but at least it wasn't worse! I remember when I used to go the Chiropractor I would be tired/drowsy when I came home. I wonder if it has something to do with the shifting of the spine/spinal fluid? (Just a thought...) You are lucky that you got to "transfer" your music from your first iPod! I was furious because when I tried to switch to my Nano....I lost everything that was on my Mini and had to start over. Thank goodness I still had the iTread's on my 'puter and I had the CC CD's. Oh well.

Wendy - I am glad someone else is going through the stage that I am going through...wanting to mix in other cardio with the running! When is your 15K? You will do great! I can't wait to do another race! Remember when we were talking about our 1/2's? Well, at first I thought my time was around 2:30, then the results came up and it showed 2:28 something...and "then" a few days later it showed 2:30 again. They posted that there was a glitch in the timing system, so the results were off and not official before. So...unless they change it again...my time was like I originally thought.

Lorie - GOOD LUCK!!!! I am sure you will do great! Can't wait to hear your report!

Lori - So glad you had a good night! Hope you get some good zz's so you can enjoy your dinner and workout!

Judy - I don't blame you a bit for not doing the race. That may have been pushing it ...time-wise and you probably would not have enjoyed it as much for that reason, as well as the nasty weather! I would love to do a Jingle Bell race. I love that time of year and I think it would feel really festive!

Carole - I am sorry you had a bad experience with Tracey's! So far, I have loved all of her step workouts. I have done Glute Camp, but not the upper body yet. Wow! I though my DH and I get up early at 4:00 a.m.! Your DH has us beat to heck! I hate it when I can't sleep! I make myself more awake by stressing about not being able to sleep.

Shelley - Good workout yesterday! Hope you can get all of your stuff done and also get in a good nap!

Sunny - Enjoy your run!!!

Christine - Hey there!

Hey to everyone else that may check in later or that can't pop in today!

Yesterday I ran 6 miles and did Tracey's Glute Camp. I really enjoyed it!

Today I won't be able to workout, but I scheduled it as my rest day, so that is good :)

Talk to you guys later!

Linda

Thanks Linda...I hope you and your family have a great dinner!! This Tracey was a High Intensity Kickbox....nothing high intensity about it at all! The truth about my DH is although he gets up at 3 AM sometimes, he falls asleep later on the couch...:)

Sorry girls...didn't have it in me to re-do the personals before. I'm done with my work out and need to shower now so I'll come back and do them in a bit.

I did UML, skipped it's c/d/stretch and did the 6 min yoga segment from Sweat 5-6 instead and then did Sweat's c/d and stretch. I've never done yoga immediately following a weight work out of any type and OMG, was it hard!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Doing yoga w/a pre-exhausted upper body is no joke!}( Anyway, I love UML. It really is a good work out. I definately feel it and I was sweatin' lots too!:)

Off to the showers....BBS!:)

GO LORIE GO! I’m out here in California cheering you on (although, you’re most likely done already!), and blowing that storm away from you until you’re done!

Cathy – YEAH! Another day of eating too much good food! Enjoy your workout! I’m not sure what I’m going to do today, either. Maybe we can decide together. I think this time of the year in general makes me more tired, and then to add the stress you’ve been under lately, it’s not surprising, your body is retaliating. Are you going to your parents for dinner?

Lori – I know what you mean about the ole brain needing a rest after complicated step (or Kick box – as mine did after Amy’s KBX). You already had your Thanksgiving day in Canada, haven’t you? Is this a normal work day for you?

Judy – Oh, I don’t blame you for bagging a run in the rain/sleet/snow! Ouch! Drive safely! I’ll do my best to stay under 5000! (Ouch! That’s a lot! But I know it’s typical!).

Shelly – Sounds like a busy day (or last few days) for you! Good luck getting in the nap! There are two Have Mercy’s and each are 2 hours long. He also has longer ones (including a Century ride where you basically do 100 miles on your trainer – oh joy! But great for practicing long distances when you cannot get outside – that one is a 5+ hour one). Crazy, eh? Cyclists are as nuts as runners – which is probably why I love both groups! Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Sunny – Enjoy your run! Have a fab Thanksgiving!

Wendy – So sorry you lost your post!! I hate that! We understand with the personals! Yes, yoga after a weight workout can be very tough! It can also feel really good (except for those chatarunga’s!!). Sounds like a great workout! Are you going to your mom’s for Thanksgiving?

Carole – I don’t understand why your family cannot simply accept your lifestyle and work with you on it. If you were my sister, I’d make sure I had plenty of delicious dishes for you. It’s not a big deal. Sounds like you’re going to have a great dinner anyway!

Linda – So hard when the family grows up and branches out, isn’t it? That’s why we had our family dinner last Sunday. Enjoy your Thanksgiving! Good to see you again!

Wow! It’s cold here! 35 degrees right now. I took the dogs out this morning and there was frost on the ground. That’s unusually cold for here. Not sure what I’m going to do – either a hike or 4DS Upper Body and some cardio. Then it’s off to our friends for Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a truly wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family!!

Okay...it's quiet here so I can re-do my personals now. DH is napping and DS is watching a movie. :+

Lorie: Can't wait to hear your race report. I'm sure you did FAB!!!!}(

Cathy: I think my Itunes program is corrupt. I can't upload my stuff into separate playlists now. x( Thank goodness Christmas is coming!:) I think I will use the one I have now for music only and then use the new and BIGGER one for work outs. }( Being tired so often really stinks. I hope we both perk up soon!!!

Lori: I agree that the choreo is LIS is tricky. I figured it out finally but still haven't really gotten into figuring out HIS. I can do some of it but haven't had the patience to figure out the parts that make my head spin yet. :p I hate wet, cold, messy weather too. YUCK!

Judy: Sorry you ended up bagging the race but I totally understand why you made that decision. Enjoy your holiday! Tell Waldo I said Happy Thanksgiving. ;)

Shelly: So what Itread 60 did you choose for today? Have a fantabulous time with your company! What time will they arrive and how many people are you expecting? What's your menu? :9

Sunny: Woo hoo for a 7 miler today! Great way to "earn" your holiday meal!}(

Carole: Your menu for today sounds yummy too! All of this talk of food is makin' me HUNGRY! LOL

Linda: Sorry they kept changing your HM time. What a terrible thing to do!x( So have you set your sights on your next big race? I am quite nervous about this 15k on Sunday because it is hilly. I don't think they are STEEP hills but lots of hills can really wear a person out. I have to play it smart. I hope I am ready for this!:eek: I know it will slow me down so I'm not racing for time...just to finish in one piece!;)

Christine: So what work out did you decide on? How as Bocce ball? :7

Wendy - glad to see your post did not disappear! That's so frustrating! Enjoy your quiet!

I haven't gotten off the couch out - Jimmy has a squeaky and is going to town with it (squeaky, squeaky, squeaky) and DH is alternating between ESPN and the Macy's Parade - waiting for football updates. It's actually DH and my 7th Anniversery today. We're going to celebrate on Saturday.

But, I do have my workout figured out - it's the 4DS Upper Body Premix, followed by a KBext premix (30 minutes or so - I still need to be careful with too much high impact).

Bocce was fun! We had a great time. My team won the first game and lost the second. But, it was a blast. Too much food but that's getting to be a theme this week - that stops tomorrow!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.