:::CHEETAHS:::On the road again, Saturday

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

I'm about to head out the door...got to sleep in for a horse show morning:p! Just wanted to say hi. I'll be back later this afternoon to catch up on personals as I shouldn't be at the show too late today. Did well yesterday...1st, 2nd, 3rd (and the third was a bit generous but certainly makes up for at least one of the times in the past when we got screwed, right?). Fingers crossed for today that our guy is gonna be in his "happy place" again today.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy your workouts, and long runs (Wendy!). TTFN!

Good morning, cheetah dears!
th_biggrin.gif
th_biggrin.gif
th_biggrin.gif

Wendi :: congrats on the fine showing! Nice that you could sleep in a little. Don't forget to put out the bowl of Prozac today. ;)
th_lol.gif
BTW, this smiley is for you:
th_burp.gif

Gloria :: Great quote for them to see upon entry to the room. I like that a lot. Up until this year, I liked to make colorful window decals (you can buy the window cling paper at office supply stores) featuring quotes about writing or reading, and put them up on the windows. Looked really nice with the sun shining through the bright background, but once you take them down, they are shot. A couple were ruined during the year by condensation on the windows, so I decided it's too expensive to keep doing it...Sorry about the funk. Sending (((HUGS))).
th_hugs2-1.gif

Wendy :: Uh yeah, gotta scratch your head on that one.
scratch.gif
*lol* I know Nesta was Bob Marley's name. They must have a thing for Jamaica because their older son's name is Kingston...Seems like celebrities are trying to outdo each other with the oddball names. Moon Unit and Dweezil are probably next. *lol* Have a GREAT long run this morning. Hey, I have a healthy respect for anything over 10, so nothing pales!

Today is a rest day. I deliberately went for a B in calories yesterday and will do the same today as a pre-long run experiment. My nutrition software membership expired yesterday, so I upgraded to the yearly membership.

Wanted to share: the Winsor Pilates vid seems to be working. I've lost 1/2 inch from both thighs. So, I'm going to continue with this alternative approach to working the legs.

Have a GREAT day!

Last edited:
GOod Morning Girls.

Wendi: Good luck at the horse show today and yay for the winners from the last time. Thanks for the good runnin' vibes. 11 miles is a long way to go on your own so I'm gonna need 'em! LOL

Cathy: YAY! I'm so happy that Winsor is working for you. Hopefully that 1/2 inch will double itself for you soon! :) So did you receive and email that your nutrtion membership was going to expire or were you keeping track of the time yourself? 10 miles is my magic number. I seem to be able to run up to 10 miles "issue free". After that all hell could break loose! LOL Hopefully nothing will happen today. I've never done a training run longer then 10 miles either so this is a first.

BBIAB.

Cathy: You KNOW I didn't mean anything wrong by that statement. I meant that if you are lookin' to lose then you should lose! You work hard and deserve to see the results you are after. THAT is what I meant. :)
And um don't forget that you are the one with the super duper command of the english language. I stink so you need to give me the benefit of the doubt when something sounds funny!:p

Last edited:
Home again

Good morning fabulous cheetahs! Couldn't check in yesterday... just too little time when I have a 3 hr trip after working all nite:confused: I never did get to the park after work. I listened to my bod and just headed to the apartment to fall into bed for a couple of hours. I did get in Gaunlet when I woke up and then hit the PA turnpike. I've memorized every crack in that darn freeway!!!:p I did get in an exceptional TM run on my own dear TM yesterday PM. 5 miles at an 8:30 pace with some hills too. :D

Okay, back on track now! I'm thinkin I'll be hittin the local roads around here for a long run of 12 miles tomorrow. Today will be ITR in a little bit down in my cool basement. Later I'll sweat some on the EXT. We are having dinner tonight at one of our neighbors. We've already become much more acquainted with all of our neighbors here after only a couple of weeks then we were after 7 yrs in Az!! They are all so very nice!

Wendi- Fingers are crossed for a rockin show for you today!!!

Cathy- VERY impressive results with the Windsor Pilates regime:eek: When I allow myself to buy fitness toys again I'll have to check that one out.
I'll be with you tomorrow on your run sending you positive vibes.... you can do this!!

Wendy- Sending the positive vibes NOW girl! Back to the serious mileage for you now. Did you ever get a fuel belt or some other alternative?

Karen- Congratulations on biting the bullet and signing up for that half! It will be a fabulous experience for you. With the crowds and hoopla you wont even notice those hills! When is the big event? You asked about my job and living changes. I guess you missed out on my big change of life this summer. Yes I am an RN (critical care) and I relocated from Arizona to Pa this summer, after a brief layover at my in laws home in NJ. We relocated to be closer to my husbands family. I took a temporary travellers job in Philadelphia while we searched for a suitable home with acreage in Pa.
That is why after we found our perfect home I am now commuting between Philly and central Pa (Mercersburg) until my temporary job contract ends in Sept. So that's the scoop on my hectic life this year!! I'm training for the Philly marathon this Nov. I'll also be keeping our Miss Wendy company on her 18 mile run at Jersey's Long Beach Island this Oct:D

Gloria- I haven't said hi to you for a while:rolleyes: How did your run go yest?

Gotta get off this chair here now and do some work! After my workout I'll be heading out for painting supplies and get to work on this house. I'm afraid the prior owners had appalling tastes in decorating. The rooms are all painted different very bright colors. The kitchen in particular is nauseating... bright mustard yellow on top, burgundy on bottom. I'll start tho here in the office/library. It's lime green in here with brown trim!

tata

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I tried peanut butter M&M's a long time ago, I prefer the peanut ones myself and especially dark chocolate!! What happened with that dreaded tooth is the root canal was one of the old ones, a procedure that is not used anymore and had a tendency to go bad, well mine did. So when I was about 30, it flared up and I had to have oral surgery to fix it. Then lucky for me it flared up again 17 years later!! Not sure if you remember me having surgery last year, but the SAME oral surgeon fixed it again. Sounds like you had a nice run yesterday...:). Your rotation for next week looks good. LMAO at the name Gwen picked!! Congrats on the half inch lost in the thighs!!! It is great to see your hard work pay off! I have been in Dexter heaven as I watched 3 episodes yesterday...:D

Wendi..hope the horse show goes well today.

Wendy...IA sodium is funny, I have done well the past few days. I found Multi Grain cheerios to have a lot of the vitamins and minerals though...:)...lotsa A's yesterday...:)..Good luck with your long run today.

Shelly...LOL about memorizing every crack n the PA turnpike. WOO HOO, 5 miles at an 8:30 pace!! Enjoy your dinner with your new neighbors.

Christine...don't get me wrong, I do like a lot of sappy songs just not THAT one!...:)...Lucky for you when your DH is being a pain that he eventually goes somewhere. I can't seem to find a place for my DH..
problems.gif
.How was the bike ride yesterday?

Linda..I was Vegan for about a year when I 1st changed my diet. I remember reading about some recipes for eggs but they sounded kinda gross so I never tried it. Vegetarian is much easier for me! I used this site a lot as it has a great deal of info about Vegan's and Vegetarians http://www.vegsource.com/ I think anywhere from 10-15 would be okay the week before a 15 miler...:)

Karen..How was the ball game yesterday? Good job with the 9 miles. Way to go signing up for the half. I have run in a few big races, you just be a bit more careful at the start. Do you have any hills around when you live? You could try hill repeats on them. But cranking the resistance up on the EXT should help too.

Gloria...I can sure relate to you on the 'not so found of weddings" OMG, and then I have to wear a dress...
no-no.gif
Hopefully it won't be so bad...:)

Today I am planning on B&G floor legs, 20 min on my EXT and KM kicking and punching drills.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning!

Gloria - You asked about which marathon I was doing. It is the Marshall Marathon (Healthy Huntington Marathon) on Nov. 2. Good job on your 4 miler yesterday! I love that NASA motto!!! I need to put that up in my office at work!

Cathy - Which Winsor Pilates workout are you doing? That is great results! I looove your rotation! I may do something like that and maybe floorwork in place of the the pilates, or I may get the DVD you have since you have gotten such good results. I agree, I love trading back and forth our ideas regarding our training! It really has helped me a lot! :) Enjoy your rest day!!! It is my rest day, also (since we changed our long run to tomorrow).

I couldn't believe the name that Gwen S. named her baby, either!! I saw that in the paper this morning and my first thought was "poor kid!" He will have that the rest of his life!

Wendy - Yes, the "warmup race" is really going to be good! I get nervous for races! Last night I had a nightmare that I was in the wrong place, then they started without me....then my running clothes were gone and I was trying to put something together to run in and had to use winter running clothes, etc, etc. It was awful! Did you pry you butt off your chair yet? ;)

Wendi - Contratulations on the shows! That is great!

Shelley - That is so good that you are starting to get settled! It is wonderful that you are getting to know your neighbors! We have been here 15 years, and I only know one neighbor's name :( And were are in a subdivision! That is bad! Great job on your workouts! I thought about the Philly marathon, too! I heard it is nice and flat. Is that true? Marshall's is really nice and flat....it is in Nov, also. (and only about 220 minutes away from me! ) ;)

I will try to BBL! Hey to everyone and hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Linda

Carole - Thanks for the link!! I will put it in my favorites and study up on it!! When we were on vacation, I tried hard to eat "vegetarian" most of the time. If I could have easy access to the food...I know I could do it ;) Enjoy B&G floorwork and EXT (and KM drills!). Yum!! I love the dark choc. peanut M&M's, too!

Very tired cheetah today. I did mangae to get my butt up and do 3 miles on the eliptical. The game was awesome last night. Dh was thirlled because the Yankees won.

wendy- Get your rear in gear and get those 11 miles in (You know I love you. Just trying to be an armchair coach) Now get the glue off and start running.:mad::mad::eek::D:D

Cathy- Way to go on the 1/2 in loss. I'm still waiting to get that on Netflix. With my knee acting stupid pilates should do great for lower body for me. My legs seem to be bulking on me.

Shelly- Wow, that is a big adjustment. No wonder your life has been hectic lately. Sept is almost here so now things can settle down some. Philly isn't that far from me. If I do a full marathon one day it will be there.

Carole- So I did the eliptical today. i don't have a great model and I think it doesn't count for the resistant when doing the distance. I swear on my life it only counts correctly at a fast resistance. When you crank up the intensity it doesn't crank up the distance with me. Oh well. I got in 3 miles no matter how much and how painful my legs felt.

Have a great day Wendi. Gloria, and Linda plus all other Saturday Cheetahs.

YAY! 11 miles in the bag! WOOH HOO! I ran it a bit slower then I thought I would but it's just a training run. I'm probably better off, huh? I took 4 Endurolyte capsules through out the course of my run (and I didn't choke on any of them this time! LOL) and managed to stay cramp-free! Another yay for me. When I was done and started walking, one leg felt a little "iffy" but the one final capsule took care of that right quick. When I came inside after a long recovery walk I stretched really well. I feel good. TIRED but GOOD!:)

BBIAB for personals!

Hello again cheetahpals. ITR is done and I'm feelin fine! About to head out with DH for some shopping now. I mispoke earlier about the color in this library room... it's actually bright aqua green. It's the master bedroom that is bright lime green (ceiling too) with swirls of white in it. It reminds me of my mothers favorite jello salad recipe.
When I go to bed at nite I feel I'm drowning in my mother's jello salad!! :p

Wendy- Congratulations on an awesome 11 mile run. You must be feelin so good now!!

Karen- Good work on the EXT! I think it will really help building up the leg muscles for those Baltimore hills. Philly would be an ideal choice for your first marathon IMO.
Perhaps I can run it with you next year. It is run in November... this year on the 23rd.

Linda- Great plan about doing the distance run as a warm up. I'm actually using the LBI 18 miler with Wendy as a training run. I'm surprised that the Marshall marathon is flat. I thought it was hilly like alot of W. Va is! Yes, Philly is fairly flat... not pancake flat like Chicago, there are some gentle rises in elevation now and then... nothing very serious tho. It does run thru some awesome historic places too, including my favorite fairmont park and the art museum. It also goes right down the boulevard where my current apartment is (at Penns Landing). Too bad I won't be living there then! Yes, we already know 4 neighbors and they all have given us gifts too!!

Carole- I've had similar nightmare sessions with oral surgeons myself:eek:, keeps me movitated to keep flossing for sure! Hey, thanks for the info on the vegetarian web site you gave to Linda. I'll have to check that out. I do allow myself some eggs and dairy products now and then but I've cut way back. All and all I'm quite happy being vegetarian and could kick myself that it didn't make the change long ago. Nice combo workout for you today. Going for a long trail run tomorrow?

Hi Christine, Jackie, Lorie, Dallas! Probably missed someone... the brain is a tad muddled lately.

Shelly - No, Marshall is flat (I think though Ritter Park may be a little hilly, though) , but the Distance run is really hilly! It has a couple of hills that has actually scared me into not doing it, until now! It sounds like you eat like I am planning on eating. I am "planning" on turning vegetarian....but eating dairy and eggs.

Wendy - Yay!!!! Glad you got your 11 miler in! Good job! Where did you get your Endurolyte? Glad you stayed cramp free!

KAren - Hope you get energized and over your tired feeling! Good job on the elliptical! Glad the game went like you guys wanted!

I feel weird not running today! I am used to running on Saturdays!!!

Pretty quiet day in the den I see. I'm off for a nap now. I'll make my best effort to get back here for personals before we head out to a family party later on this afternoon...

Toodles!:)

Hola, cheetah babes!

What a beautiful day it is out there. I went and caught a matinee of Tropic Thunder (whacked-out fun) and then couldn't bear to be inside for the rest of the day. Til the skeeters came after me, that is.
th_mosquitos.gif

Shelly :: How wonderful to have already befriended the neighbors. Enjoy dinner tonight. :) Can't blame you for wanting to cover up those jello colors. Now that is some speedy 5 miler.
th_bow.gif
Will be glad to be running in spirit with you tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement. Have you run Philly before?

Carole :: I love peanut M&M's (regular, too)...Oh yes! I do remember about your oral surgery. Isn't that something--the SAME surgeon did both...The guy who did my previous two has apparently cut back his hours quite a bit, and he was not available until the end of September. I liked him...Thanks for the feedback on the rotation; that'll be the plan for the next four weeks...when it gets closer, I'll need to tap you & Shelly for your expertise on the taper...Gotta love Dex! We need to see when Season 3 is starting. I did pick up Season 2 at Target this past week...Baggin' up laughin' here at the comments & the smiley re: your DH. :) Love the workout combo you did today.

Linda :: I am doing WP Buns & Thigh Sculpting. Here's the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Winsor-Pilate...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1219524365&sr=8-1 if you want to check it out. I'm sure the better eating had something to do with it, too, but for sure I'll be sticking with this. I think floorwork (which I've always normally avoided) would be good for me, too. Great! So we'll be running in spirit tomorrow, too. :) Hope you're enjoying your rest day. Are you doing anything special dietwise the night before and for breakfast?

Wendy :: good job with your 11 miler. Glad it was cramp and choke-free.

Karen :: glad you had fun @ the game last night...that's a cool stadium...I'll be curious to know what you think of WP when Netflix delivers.

Enjoy your Saturday night!

MIA Cheetah reporting for duty! I have been moving since I got up. DH left for DC to visit his cousin who is staying with DH's brother. So I was up with him. Then I decided to get moving early and did a 37 mile bike ride with a 3000 foot elevation gain. Not as easy as it used to be! Holy cow! I burn more calories doing this than I did when I ran my last half marathon!

Then it was back to school shopping for DD15. Ran her home, then ran to Target. I have a bridal shower to go to tomorrow - she's my coworker and my office mate. A very nice young lady (she's 24 - I feel like her mom sometimes :p). My cousins started this tradition where we write a little story and have #'s for items, and the bride-to-be reads the story and has to open the corresponding gift. (I put an example below to give you an idea). It's quite fun, but it's a pain to shop for - especially as the last shower I went to was when I was on the East Coast and a few years ago - I cannot believe how many products are no more, so I had to rewrite it a bit. Fortunately, my other co-worker will be writing it out. I just have to wrap things. I also have to make Kimo's food. Fortunately, it's just me for dinner, so that's easy.

No time for personals, but I wanted to stop in and say hi!

Here's a sample of the story:

Congratulations on your up coming wedding! We are very excited for you! Of course, just like we always do at work, we have a few _1_ for you!

Remember you made a _2_, so when problems arise don’t _3_ and don’t _4_. Above all, don’t throw in the _5_. Talk them out, or try some _6_ . But when in dire need, try this: _7_.

1= qTIPS
2. Pledge
3. Shout
4. Vanish
5. Towel
6. Caresses
7. Sexy Lingerie

Hey Girls.

It was a late night but a fun one. :) I had 2 strawberry daqueries and a pina colada. I also ate like some what of a pig. I forgave all of it though because of my run this morning. ;)

I'm bushed so heading to bed but I just wanted to wish Cathy a great run tmrw! I don't know if I'll be up early enough to "see her off" in the morning! LOL Take it slow and steady and you'll do great!!! :)

I'll catch up with personals tomorrow morning. It's DH's turn to run tmrw so I can relax! HA HA! :p

Good night peeps!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.