:::Cheetahs are PURRRR-fect:::Wednesday June 6

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

ACK! I woke up around 2am to use the potty and couldn't get back to sleep so I'm sitting here with a cup of green tea. I will go back to bed and try again in a bit but I figured instead of lying in bed being aggravated I would use the time to my advantage to get this thread started for the day and catch up on personals! :+

Gayle: I shared some MIS joy with you yesterday. Do you have any DOMS from it? What's on tap for today?

Jess: So how did the day go with your DD and her friend yesterday? Were the pancakes yummy-liscious? :9

Carole: Peach with green trim sounds pretty. Those colors go nicely together.

Marcia: I can't tell you what music is on my IPOD as I haven't listened to it in ages! I am soooo HOOKED on doing my Itreads when I hit the TM that I haven't turned on the music in quite some time! :7

Jackie: So how does ITread #19 compare with 13? What's the difference between the two? Now that I am almost through my third week of the SS rotation I have to begin thinking about what I will do next cause you know how long it takes me to decide! LOL I really need to create a rotation using the Masters series though but it will still take me forever to do THAT too!:p

Christine: Glad you enjoyed Jari's RTTC! I like all of Jari's stuff personally but I guess I would recommend Slim and Lean out of all of it! That's my personal fave! }(

Laurie: I know Barb was having trouble balancing her computer time with her busy schedule but I'm sure she'll pop back in at some point to say hello. Nice run y'day!

Kristi: Nice take on your garage sale! Ka-ching, Ka-ching! LOL

Cathy: I see you registered for the Pine Beach run. Are you doing the George Sheehan as well?

Laura: Sooo excited for you with your new house about to be built. I'm sure it's sad to sell your current home but you'll make new memories in the next house but will never forget the good times in your current home. My mom sold her parents' home a couple of years ago. It's a home that has also been in the family for YEARS. Her dad grew up in that house and so did she (my mom)!!! It was hard for her to let go of it but once my step-grandmother passed away there was no reason to hold on to it.

I have Cardio Sculpt Express and XFlowsion's Amazing Abs on tap for today.

Well, time to head back to bed and hope for the best!

See you in a few hours!:p

LOL Shelly! I tried but here I am again! ACK! When I get off work I may nap the entire time Joey does! This really stinks!x( x( x(

Hi girls...no rest for the weary!

Since I am up I went on to the BeachBody site and found a rotation for P90 Masters created by one of their advisors that is similar in format to the X. It's 3 months long with a recovery week of sorts every 4th week and each 3 week cycle of work outs prior to recovery is a little different. I printed it out and then modified it to suit my needs. I plugged in when I want to do yoga since that is not included and where I could fit spin and a run in each week. I am going to commit to this and see how it goes. I will adjust it along the way if need be. I will start it a week from this coming Monday. I am going to do a recovery week first since I haven't taken one lately. :)

Well, considering I have basically been up since 2am I think it's about time I get some caffeine in my system!}( If I hope to make it through work today I am gonna need it! I am going to be surviving on about 4 hours of sleep which is about 2 hours short of "just enough" for me! :eek: x(

Good morning, cheetah friends :)

Today's a rest day for me, and workwise, it's the first of two class trips. This one'll be the 8th grade dance held aboard a harbor cruise around NYC.

Wendy :: sorry to hear about the insomnia! But it'll be nice to have the opportunity to nap later!...Enjoy your new rotation...Nah, I can't do the Sheehan race - it's the same day as my comprehensive exam for grad school. Truthfully, I'm not even really ready to race a 5K, let alone a longer distance. I'm just in it to meet Shelly (and you, I hope) and for the BBQ and massage. *lol* Have you registered?

~Cathy :)

Hey Cathy.

I haven't registered for anything yet. I know...I'm bad. I want to meet you gals but my motivation to race is in the gutter. I was going to do the Sheehan and blow off the Pine Beach but I didn't realize you weren't doing the Sheehan. Maybe I'll just do the Pine Beach instead. It's shorter anyway so all the better for a person who's brain isn't wrapped around racing at this point in time, right? :p So when's the Pine Beach???

Wendy ~ I'm an insomniac w/ you. I slept horribly last night & am up early to bike anyway. We had a fun day y'day, although I can see it will be a looooong summer if the girls can't get along. Kiersten was having a hard time because her 2 friends weren't home to play & Hannah had her friend here so she was feeling left out. Of course, Mom isn't good enough to play with when there are friends around! :eek:

Erin & I are off to bike soon. I have to get all of the details from her San Diego marathon she ran on Sunday. She said it was the hilliest marathan she'd ever run (and I think this makes 7 for her?).

I hope I can snooze a little on the couch w/ the girlies later, I'm gonna be tired!!

Have a good one!! Hope you got some sleep, Wendy! I'll be joining ya in the pot of coffee later! ;-)

Wendy :: I am with ya on not feelin' any races at the moment...I've only done one since I returned to running in winter '06. As much I enjoyed racing years ago, it's just not high on my list right now. The Pine Beach is June 24, a Sunday, I think. www.pinebeach5k.com

>Wendy :: I am with ya on not feelin' any races at the
>moment...I've only done one since I returned to running in
>winter '06. As much I enjoyed racing years ago, it's just not
>high on my list right now. The Pine Beach is June 24, a
>Sunday, I think. www.pinebeach5k.com
>
>~Cathy :)

Thanks for the info on the pine beach race Cathy. I didn't realize how far away it was! I'm lookin' at a good 40 mile drive one way! :eek: I am going to talk to my running friend and see if she's interested though...How far is it from you?

Hello again cheetahs! Last nite was brutally busy and I never got a chance to check in. Tonight has been alot more mellow though:)
I peeked in earlier and chastised Wendy for being up:p Watch out...
keep up those sleep patterns and you'll end up with a totally fried brain.... like yours truly;-) Yesterday I did manage to get in a 4 mile interval run after work. Today will be All Body Attack and an hour on the EXT:7 I have 3 more hours at work and then............
VACATION BABY:7 :7 I can't join my DH in NJ until next Tuesday but I have plenty to keep me busy until then. I believe my closet has been declared a federal disaster zone:( and I've neglected it long enough!
I'll be back with personals.

ShellyC

Time for a little catch up on personals :) :) :)

Cathy- I am so EXCITED about meeting you at the Pine Beach5k!!!!
I was so impressed with it last year, you'll have fun and that's really all that's important! I'll be easy to recognize hopefully.
I'll be wearing my red "racing" hat with the Suzuki symbol on it
(my motorcycle!)

Wendy- Well, whatever race you decide on I am more looking forward to meeting you than in the race!!! I bet you are more than capable of doing a 5 miler ;-) I hope you can survive today with such little sleep. For myself... .I'm used to it and my brain is partially petrified anyway. Anyway, ladies.... I will definitely be at the Sheehan Classic on June 16th and the PineBeach5k on the 24th!!!

Jess- Sorry to hear you're sleep deprived as well! Hope you get in a fun bike ride with your pal anyway! I'll be interested to hear her take on the SD marathon with all the hills.

SunnyD- Hope you got better rest today and aren't following the current insomniac trend here in cheetahville!

Gayle- MIS.... Havent done that one in... forever! Congrats on your clean eating victory!!!

Carole- All done with the painting? A light peach color sounds so nice!!!

Marcia- It was wonderful reading your post from yesterday! I'm so happy that you've gotten off to such a good start with your HM training. Aren't iPods wonderful??? The right song comes on and you can conquer any hill!

Christine- I have to admit that I don't care for Jari Love at all!
It's the only recent purchase I regret (I have her Slim&Lean) That plastic Barbie doll look and affect I find annoying.... oh well!

Laurie- Congrats on your almost 10k yesterday!

Kristi- raked in some good $$$$ on your yard sale!! Sounds like you have a scary crime wave going on in your neighborhood! Do you have any dogs? Personally I think they are the best home protection you can have.

Laura- This is a big day for you.... groundbreaking!!!! When my DH and I built 6 yrs ago we took progressive pictures of the building from the groundbreaking on.... it's fun to look at later.

I think that about catches me up!! Hopefully I can check back in later today...

ShellyC

HI cheetahs-

I am horribly unconnected with Cheetahville. This week turned out to be a battle energy sucking respiratory viruses versus our famiy. So far the viri are winning.

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day. It should have been weights and non running cardio, but common sense said REST. On Monday I did get in an 8 mile rainy run and it felt mostly OK. The warm rain did not bother me, but I have been sick ever since. It was bound to happen, DD has been sick for a week or more. This morning is a 2 mile run and full body endurance perhaps PUB/PLB premix?

I'm so behind I haven't read any posts, but I hope you all are having a decent week. Stay happy and on track Cheetahs :)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hey guys.

Oh, Wendy, I've had those nights/mornings like that. KNOCK ON WOOD...haven't had one in a while, but I think I'm due soon! LOL

DOMS form yesterday's MIS? Sort of. Nothing, really, in my legs. My shoulders and tris are feeling tight, but I wouldn's say DOMS has set in there either. That's good, right? LOL I did go heavy, so I'm not concerned, lol.

This morning was Step Blast and Ab Hits (2nd segment with planks). Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, according to the June rotation. I'm thinking I may do Yee's Power Yoga total body. I feel like a good stretch. That will mark the end of week 1 for me.

Today will be day 9 of clean eating for me. I need to keep plugging away and link several days into several weeks. One day at a time!

BBL

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...good job working the legs yesterday. Sorry about your insomnia, maybe a nap later will be good. That is great you found a rotation for the masters series. Good luck...:)

Jackie...I know you are not here but I hope your vacation is awesome!!

Cathy...The Closer is a detective show on TNT. Kyra Sedgewick is the star and she is kinda like the female version of Columbo. Great show and here is a link http://alt.tnt.tv/closer/closer.shtml Good job with BC. Sounds like a fun class trip! Enjoy your rest day.

Christine...I might be the opposite, I think I'd rather hear the music instead of all the speaking!! Sounds like the ceremony went well though. Hate when I spill coffee like that, usually happens in the car!

Laurie...good job on the 9.5k!! Did you get your Anti Virus figured out?

Kristi..sounds like your yard sale went good despite the signs being taken down...didn't know they would do that? Good workouts for you.

Shelly...I bet you are so looking forward to your vacation and meeting up with your DH!! No, not even close to being done painting. It'll be a long process as its a BIG room...:)

Judy...sorry about the respiratory viruses attacking the family....hope you feel better soon.

Gayle...good job with SB and Ab hits...I always try and avoid planks...

Laura..I am sure you will have great memories to cherish of your old house, but I bet the new house will be so cool...

Today I will do the KV upper as I ditched it yesterday. Also abs and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Hi All!

Quick note to say I got in Spinervals Virtual Reality this morning. My dad got in fine last night and he was drinking coffee talking to me while I was riding. He loved the scenery as that's his neck of the woods. It was a nice morning. Now, we're checking email and waiting for the maids to get here. We'll take Jimmy for a cruise around the mountains in the Mini when they do, then stop for coffee in Saratoga (a little mountain town). We're then going to meet the girls and DH at Red Robin (a burger joint) for lunch. That should be fun. We'll play the rest of the day by ear. Have fun and enjoy!

Hello Cheetahs! Sorry no time for personals today!

During lunch today I ran 3.5 miles outside. The weather was very beautiful with temps in the mid's 70s. It is a nice break from the 90 degree weather we have been having the past 2-3 weeks. Anyway, I've never felt so safe in my whole life. Down EVERY street was a cop car and lots of cops walking door to door asking questions about the past couple days break-ins.

I need help. I've been looking at the itreads, but I'm confused (big shocker). Does anyone have a favorite itread? I would like to try the free codes, but I have no idea which one(s) to try.

Well, I've gotta get some stuff wrapped up before I leave work to pick up the kiddos. I'll be back tomorrow. Waves to all Cheetahs!

Afternoon, cheetahs :)

The 8th grade dance aboard the cruise was a nice time - although one of our girls got seasick toward the end. Poor thing.

Wendy :: It’s about 60 miles from me…will be a good hour and fifteen to get there.

Shelly :: yeah, I guess we’ll have to establish a meeting point either before or after the race.

Judy :: rest up & feel better!

Carole :: OH OK! I *have* heard of that one. Haven’t seen it, though…I have a mixed relationship with planks – seems I love to hate ‘em.

Am gratefully enjoying my rest day. Have a great night, everyone!

Jess: Hope you had a good bike ride this morning despite your bad night's sleep.

Shelly: I just cleaned out my closet last week. YIKES, what a mess!:eek: LOL I am now considering nixxing the Sheehan and coming to the Pine Beach race. I'll let you know for sure when I finally make up my mind! :p

Carole: I took a 2.5 hour nap this afternoon!!! I must have really needed that sleep cause instead of feeling awful when I woke up I felt better. Usually if I nap for more then 30 mins it backfires on me and makes me feel worse but not today!

Christine: Glad you are having a nice time with dad. Hope he enjoys the rest of his visit!

Kristi: If you like sprints you can try set 13/30 min as it's ALL sprints. If you like more fast flat endurance runs you can try set 11/40 min. If you click on the link under each work out that says details it will give you a short blurb about the work out. Good luck!

Cathy: WOW, you will have a hike to get the PineBeach race too. Okay, I'll stop complaining then! ;) I mentioned it to my friend. I'll send her the website and see what she thinks. Even if she doesn't want to do it, I'll probably go for it anyway. It would just be nice to have company for the ride. :+ So what DVD did Sunny send you??? I missed it. Inquiring and nosey minds wanna know!:7

So I ended up napping after work for 2.5 hours! YIKES! When I got up I was able to squeeze in my Cardio Sculpt Express work out but then traded up XF Amazing Abs for BM2 Abs due to time constraints. It was still a good work out though! I was burnin' during the cardio sculpt-YOWZAS!!!}(

Tonight after dinner we took Joey to Rita's for icecream. :9 }( :9 I ate just enough to satisfy w/o over-doing it. I left there feeling good. :) I am also not worried as tmrw is spin so I know I'll burn it off on that bike! }(

Okay, well I hope everyone has a good night. I hope I SLEEP tonight!:eek:

See ya in the morning, tootsies!:p

well, they got the basement dug and the footers in today. I am excited and you guys are right I will make new memories in my new house. But change is hard but it can be very good.I had bootcamp class tonight. It was weird being there tonight because one of our instructors was teaching spin class the other night and basically fell off the bike and died of a massive heart attack at the age of 51. He ate right,exercised and took good care of himself . Goes to show you that you never know what tomorrow will bring. I guess his dad and brother died of heart issues at an early age also. He had once said he wanted to beat the odds. Its so sad. His poor wife and kids. anway I will talk with you all later!! have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.