:::: CHEETAHS on the prowl :::: thursday

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs :)

This afternoon will be a run (get to break in my new kicks) and a Squeeze lower body mish-mosh.

Wendy :: I don't really mind the drive, with or without company. I did consider asking my sister or my one friend who runs occasionally as they were my usual race buddies - thought they would dig the great amenities! - but I don't think either will bite this time. My sister now lives in PA (near KOP), so for her, it'd be too long of a hike. And my friend has an insane work/grad school schedule right now and has not been working out regularly...the DVD is CK/CM :)

Enjoy your Thursday workouts, everyone! TTYL
cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!:)

Laura: Oh my gosh! How sad about that spin instructor. It happens. Even the seemingly healthiest of people have things like that happen to them. I think the bottom line is that no matter how healthy you live your life, you STILL need to be careful. Genetics can play a big role! Ya gotta consider it all!

Cathy: Have fun breaking in your new shoes! So when do you plan on trying out CK/CM? The ride TO the race doesn't bother me so much. It's the ride home, if I'm alone, that could stink. LOL I'll suck it up though since I will be getting to meet 2 great cheetahs!!!!

If you haven't figured out my schedule yet (LOL), I have spin on tap for this morning and yoga on deck for this evening. :)

I'll be back later.:+

Hey Cheetahs!

Cathy~ Enjoy that run today and the Squeeze mish/mosh

Wendy~ Did Joey just love ice cream? I had a small piece of ice cream cake at DS Sam's 14 th birthday this week. It was the first ice cream I've had in over a year. I try to avoid dairy in hopes of being almost vegan except seafood.

Carole~ Thank you for the get well wishes. I am still having the symptoms but am carrying on and I actually felt better after my short run yesterday. I did only two miles and negative split them. For me it is a big deal.

Laura~ You must be so excited about building! A house by us has been in progress for over a year and the family will move in this month. They came over to meet us last night. We found out that they love wine like we do and even built a wine cellar under their garage. We have a wine cellar in our future at some point but not yet...

Christine~ I missed the forums and are curious are you in Saratoga, NY? or somewhere else?

I did the PUB/PLB bonus premix yesterday using heavy weights for all three sets of upper body and doing 12-16 reps each set,and for lower body I did 16 reps/set with lighter weight. Later, I ran 2 miles on a track.

Today I am not sure what I'll do but abs need to be in there. We leave for New Hampshire at 2:00 this afternoon for another hockey tournament for Sam. He has his last exam this morning, and then it is summer for him! Poor Nina, She still has two weeks of school. At least her AP exams are done, she only has her NY Regents exams to get through.

TTFN,
Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Good morning everybody!

Today for me is a rest day, and I'm taking it. It's been 9 days since my last DOR, so I'm going to enjoy it. But I will need to tread lightly with my food intake, since rest days sometimes MENTALLY means rest from workouts AND food. lol Today will be day 10 of clean eating for me in a row. Feeling good about that and each day that passes I feel stronger and stronger.

This morning I'll be cutting the grass, and that takes me 2 hours. Then I'm off to clean my friend's house. Then since there's no baseball games/practice tonight, we're grilling out with my friends/neighbors and maybe a dip in their pool.

Have an AWESOME DAY!

Gayle

Judy, Have fun at the hockey tournament. Oh my Joey LOVES icecream! :9 }( :9 I don't eat it often myself but I DID indulge last night and it was wonderful. :+

Gayle, So you are going to be mowing your lawn for 2 hours and call today a rest day!? You are my hero!}( Have fun hanging at the pool later!:+

Good morning ladies,

extremely brief check-in for me as i am on the run....

i missed my workout yesterday (no time) and really hoping to be able to fit in something today. not sure what workout i will do if i get the time....

cathy- yay! glad you got the DVD.

today is the day i teach my first class at the Y..and i am soooooo nervous. please send me good vibes:D

have a great day to all of you motivating ladies!

Sunny: What class will you be teaching today? You'll do great! Tell us all about it when it's over!!!!:+ :+ :+

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I am sure planks are effective as I have always read the exercise you hate the most, does the most for you...:)...have a great run in the new shoes.

Wendy...that is a long nap...but you did need it! I usually can't nap for more that 15 min...Sounds like you then enjoyed a good workout. Enjoy spinning and Yoga today.

Judy..glad you are feeling better. Negative splits are always a big deal no matter what the distance is...:)

Gayle...enjoy your lawn mowing rest day!

Sunny...I have no doubt you will do great teaching at the Y today!

Christine...hope you have a great time with your Dad here! Sounds good so far...:)

Kristi...I don't enjoy the iTreads as much as I do the iClimbs, but not sure i have a favorite in either...I know they give brief of each workout descriptions if that helps.

Laura...that is sad about the spin instructor. You are right as we never know what tomorrow will bring. We had a local fireman (53) that had a heart attack and died a few weeks ago when he was out running. His father had also the same problem and died at an early age. It does seem genetics are a big factor.

I am doing Bento's APX legwork and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Wendy-my kids LOVE Rita's. Their custard is sooooo good!

As for the grass, I'm cheating this time. lol I'll be using my riding mower instead of my usual push mower. So, it really is a rest day. ALTHOUGH, I did just come back from a brisk 35 minute walk. Just couldn't resist....I had the time, my friend was around, and the weather is gorgeous.

Gayle

Hi All -

Another quick check in, unfortunately. I think we're going to the gym this morning with dad. Not sure what I'll do as I meant to do a rest day today. Maybe CC Choose Living either on the spin bike or on the EXT. We'll see. Probably follow it with some ads.

Jimmy had his evaluation for doggy day care yesterday, and passed with flying colors. So he spent the afternoon there (how spoiled is he?!). We went to Red Robin for burgers and I ate too much (had a blackened chicken sandwich). Then we came home and had tri tips for dinner. Too much food, but yum!

Tonight is Maja's Graduation. I'm looking forward to it.

Enjoy your day ladies!

Hey Cheetahs:) I had a very active morning, PowerMax, PUB and MowMax:) I really enjoyed all of it, I was going to go for a ride but it's overcast and cold although the sky is turning blue now:)

Cathy, enjoy your run and have fun Squeeeeezing}(

Wendy nice mix today, have fun!

Judy, I'm still getting used to the fact that the school year is almost over:eek: This year just flew....but don't they all:)

Gayle, hope you enjoyed MowMax as much as I did:) Enjoy that well deserved rest.

Sunny...(((good vibes,goodvibes))), you'll do great!!!:)

Carole, planks must be great because I hate them to, not too many exercises I don't like but I do 'em any way, like brussel sprouts, they're good for me:) (having said that I NEVER eat brussel sprouts:p) Have a great workout!

Christine, Jimmy's doing so well!! Enjoy the grad, Elizabeth's is coming up soon as well. One week prom, next week grad...

Laura, so sorry to hear about your instuctor, when things like that happen in makes me feel like everything's just hanging by a thread and what a fragile thread it can be. I feel so bad that his family didn't get to say goodbye....:-(

Later Babes:)

Take Care
Laurie

All this talk about Squeeze. I'm afraid to even ask! LOL

Back from cleaning, and after I get DS off the bus in 30 minutes, it will be Mow Max for me! LOL

Got my motivation to continue on strong. I stepped on the scale and it's 3.2 down from last week. I wanted to HUG and KISS that scale! LOL. But I settled for a nice wide grin and a pat on the back! lol That's 6.2 down since I started really working it again. And only 8.8 till my goal weight! ROCKIN'!

Gayle

I'm back again....

well i am so disappointed i didn't get to teach and get my first time over with because noone showed up. today they were doing demo classes for major companies. oh well--i'll get 'em next time}( :D

btw- they asked me to lead group runs on saturday....oh lordie.

wendy- i am doing a 30 min bootcamp class and a 15 min abs class.

carole- thanks for the happy thoughts!

laurie- thanks for vibes. i will need them for next time.

gayle- ohhhhhhhhh you gotta get squeeze!

i am going to take a spin class at the gym tonight.

ttyl....

Good morning cheetahs! It is still technically morning here in AZ anyway. Checking in a bit late cuz I had another meeting to attend....NOW I'm officially on vacation:7 :7 :7 I didn't get to do all body attack yesterday as it didn't come in the mail like I thought it would:( I ended up doing an AmyBento HiLo EXT and APX circuit (VERY tough) and a session on the EXT. After I got home today I got in a 5 mile paced run, averaging a pace of 8:30 so I'm happy with that. Today my new workouts were in the mail!:7 So later today I'll be trying out the Squeeze.

Cathy- What kind of new shoes???? How did your run go? I guess we'll both be doing Squeeze today. I am really intrigued with this one!

Wendy- Hey girl, whatever race you do is fine with me.... I am just megathrilled to meet ya, even if you just show up to watch! I actually already have my bib for the Sheehan classic... they mailed it to me! Have a great spin/yoga day!

Judy- Sorry to hear you've been sick:( But you sure got in a great muscle building workout yesterday with PUB/PLB!!

SunnyD- Sorry you were disappointed today at your new workplace but I feel confident in predicting that pretty soon your classes will be overflowing:) You inspire me so much I'm contemplating vacationing next year in your area (DH and I have been intending to visit the Carolinas anyway someday) so I can catch one of your classes!

Carole- Another APX day for you? I don't actually have this workout but her HiLo Ext dvd has some premixed circuits with alot of the APX routines in it. She has alot of very challenging and innovative routines. It is very equipment intensive though! Anyway, I like her style alot.... what is your opinion?

Christine- Congratulations on Jimmy passing his exam!!! You've got an exceptional dog in the making there :) Have a great time at the gym today.

Laurie- WOW- Powermax,PUB and THEN mowmax:eek: :eek: :eek: Awesome job there supercheetah! You're going to be happy to see your bed tonight!

Gayle- Congratulations on the weight loss!!!!!!!!

Time to get moving!

ShellyC

Shelly- i inspire you...whoa!! that's a huge, huge compliment coming from you:) . I would love for you to come take a class with me, you might be the only participant, lol.
can't wait to hear what you think of squeeze}( :7 and all body attack.

Christine...congrats to Jimmy on passing with flying colors!! Hope Maja's graduation goes very well.

Laurie...wow! Great workout and then mowing?...:)..OK I confess..I LOVE brussell sprouts!!

Sunny..sorry about the class...I am sure you will get them good next time...:)

Shelly....awwwww..I wanna be on vacation.....but my next one I'll be with you! Way to go on the 8:30 pace...I am still at about a 10 min pace, one of these days...:). I like Amy's style also and will be ordering her kickbox and probably hi/lo extreme. I always like different moves as they hit the muscles different and that HAS to be good. Let me know how you like Squeeze.

I had a 3 hour gap in my work schedule, the benefits of being self employed!! Decided to come home and clean a bit...and of course check out my cheetahs..:)

Hey cheetahs-

Wendy :: not sure on CK/CM…hadn’t planned on purchasing it when I made up this rotation, but I’m sure I’ll find a spot for it.

Judy :: wow, you are still working hard despite being sick. Rock on! Good luck to Sam in his tournament.

Sunny :: I’m sure your class will ROCK when you do get to teach it!

Carole :: I can see that being true b/c abs have always been my weakest link! Enjoy today’s workout – sounds tough!

Christine :: happy graduation to Maja!

Laurie :: great workouts today! And you were thinking of biking on top of all that???

Shelly :: can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Squeeze…I do wonder if it will be tough enough for you!…I have been faithful to the same running shoe for years – the Asics Nimbus with Superfeet insoles. Gotta take care of that achilles!!…I haven’t run yet but will soon!

Hi to all other cheetahs!
~Cathy :)

Just came in from a 3-mile run. Some ongoing back issues are acting up - wish I could nip that finally, but overall, it was a decent run and the new Nimbuses feel great. Will Squeeze in a few.

OK, I kept it short: FB "L", Buns & Thighs, CS Windshield Wiper B&T, and PS Legs. My back wasn't liking the feet-on-the-wall moves.

Good night & talk you in the AM!

finished my workout 3 mile (tempo)run on the TM and abs section from squeeze (yowza:eek: ).

cathy- we almost did the same workout today:)

have a good night to cheetahville!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.