Cheetahs: Post Race Monday

JAFitMama

Cathlete
HI Friends

I survived my first half marathon.

We did it! We finished in 14 degree weather .

DD23 and her Best friend and I ran together until mile 12. Then I just had to get it over with and pulled ahead with DDBF. We finished in 2:13:12. DD was just a few minutes back. I am so proud of Bethany. She only ran 2 days per week due to her work schedule and she did well. The hills were tough for her. I felt the hills were not nearly as bad as they are in my neighborhood. I was honored to have run with two 23 year old kids

I had no cramps. There was some concern however, because at the water stops, the water had frozen! We did get Gatorade at a couple stops, and it was slushy icy. DD brought Sport Beans for all of us and I tolerated them very well.

We had to really rush to get to the baptism in NJ. That was a hoot. My neice married into a Greek Orthodox family. The service was beautiful , but we were requested to wear heels and dresses. The party afterward was more like a wedding reception, complete with open bar and a band. Of course I had to dance with my sister and and SIL . Any way it was an amazing day.

TTFN

Last edited:
Congrats Judy on an amazing race and thanks for getting us started this morning! :)

I have DOMS in my obliques from Joey's standing ab work.

Today will be a Cathe lower body floor work segment (from L&G I think) and Bodystrikes.

Have a great day!

Judy- You did awesome. I am so proud of you. All the hard work paid off big time. You know you did some great training when you can go dance the night away after a half. Good job.

Judy - Congratulations! You did a great job! I bow down to you for running in 14 degree weather! Oh my goodness! Did you sweat, or did you stay cold? I am so proud of you!!! LOL...I have tried to post from my iPhone and it was not pretty!! ;) I need to practice! :)

Linda

Karen - I hope all is well with you!

WEndy - I literally love Joey's "core" section! Enjoy your floorwork and Body Strikes! BS gave me a lot of DOMS in my glutes. Did it affect you that way?

I didn't do anything this morning. Yesterday was a 7 mile run and nothing else. I may do something tonight, but I am not sure!

Hey to everyone that checks in later!

Linda

Good morning Cheetahs! Let me see how quickly I can get this done. I have some training I need to complete.

Wendi - Oh, my, hope you're ok from the kick. Tell that horse to stop being so sassy. :p Any luck with the car?

Cathy - Goiing to get busier for you, huh? Hope it's not too overwhelming. Have to split Burn Int up because I need to get my run in and just don't have the extra time during the week. Bunions sound painful! :confused: Did you enjoy Recharge?

Wendy - Ouch on the sciatica! Have a little twinge of that every now and then. Glad yours doesn't flare up too often. I'm having fun with CLX but I'm ready to move on to the next phase. Ready for something different. Love the ab work from Joey.

Judy - I didn't order STS. Didn't think it was what I wanted to do at the time. May change my mind down the road. Congratulations on completing your first half!! Great time too in 14 degrees! Knew you would do great! Those youngsters make you want to challenge yourself. Glad you enjoyed the day!

Laura - Sorry about the workout! Sounds like an exciting summitt coming up! What will it entail? Will you make them do a few runs? :D So sorry to hear the puppy didn't make it.

Brighton - So sorry about your fall! How are you feeling today? Just might have been a sign.

Linda - Good job on the 7 miles!

Karen - How are things going?

I went to DBF over the weekend. We went to see Gran Torino. Great movie and popcorn. Saturday I ran 4 miles on the treadmill. Then running partner and I ran 4 miles of hills. It was cold and windy and made the hills a little tough but it was a good run. Came back home and did Yoga for Athletes. Yesterday was a rest day. Today was BC#1 and 20 minutes of iClimb #7 40 minutes.

Gotta run! Have a great day!

Jackie - I saw Grand Torino last week. I just loved it! It was the best movie I have seen in quite a while. Great job on your run! I wish I could have gotten outside to run, instead of on the treadmill! Good job on your workout today! I have been meaning to ask you....did you say that Hard Work Conditioning 2 was good? What do think of it? Do you like it as well as HWC?

Judy - Congratulations! You did a great job! I bow down to you for running in 14 degree weather! Oh my goodness! Did you sweat, or did you stay cold? I am so proud of you!!! LOL...I have tried to post from my iPhone and it was not pretty!! ;) I need to practice! :)
Linda- I stayed cold ( frozen toes!) until mile 3 was completed. I did not feel sweaty like I did in my other cold outdoor runs. As soon as we stopped, we were freezing again and apparently I did sweat because my clothes were on the wet side. Walking the 4 blocks to Starbucks in wet running clothes was harder than the last mile. But we were focused on having a nice hot drink post race.

Judy - I can imagine how cold it would be to walk 4 blocks in that cold temperature with damp/wet clothing! Again, "Great job!! Congratulations!"

:D:DCongrats, Judy!!!!!:D:D

What a great time! WTG!!!!!!! That is just awesome! I salute you running in those polar temps! :) Glad you were able to be there for the baptism and enjoy time with family too.

I'm doing okay. There is a lot of pain today, and I'm hobbling around like a little old lady. I can't even fit my left foot into a shoe because of the big ol' knot on it. I took DS to preschool today, and that was enough of a workout. :eek:

It is so ridiculous. But oh well. :rolleyes:

Linda & Jackie: Thanks so much for the well wishes. Seriously, I've been thinking today, what on earth could possibly happen next? Just one thing after another lately. I swear my life isn't this dramatic normally. :rolleyes:

Wendy: Gotta love that oblique DOMS! I just barely got DH into weights & core work last week, and he's been feeling that pain too. :p

Karen: Good to "see" you today! Been thinking about you & hope all is well with you & your dad.

Heigh-dee ho to the rest of the Cheetah crew!

Well, I'm probably out of commission for most of the week after yesterday's nasty spill. :confused::mad::confused: I do think it exacerbated the whole ITB knee issues. This whole thing is just getting out of control. I'm so frustrated. Trying to stay positive, though. It's just a race, right? No biggie. (Easier said than done. ;))

All the best to everyone in the den!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.