::: CHEETAHS ::: Nothing so sweet as Saturday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, friends~ :)

So much to catch up on…

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I am in awe of your DH and how he manages to function on so little sleep!...I don’t think those race pics look bad at all…Mine are always much worse—face is beet red and I look like I’m about to keel over. :) I think somewhere on the leg or foot would be a cool place for your mary tat. Looking forward to a pic of the Big Guy enjoying his b’day celebration.

Gloria [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] ooh, HSC –my all-time favorite! Hope you enjoy it…Do you have a co-teacher or an aide with you all day?...If I could chime in on the BOSU, IMO it will actually *help* your ankles. You might like the Bosu Ski Conditioning DVD because some of the edging drills are great for that. I have done HSC and Basic Step but probably get the most use of it by using it for abs and pushup work. NOTHING gets to your abs more than the BOSU.

Kath [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Hmmm, yeah, kids getting tattoos in HS is not a good idea…I like putting my iPod on shuffle and being surprised. Had to chuckle at the guy who told the bigmouth to shut up. Love VT. Fingers are crossed for DD.

Christine [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I suspect you’re being modest. Glad to see you getting the recognition you deserve…YAY that we’re all staying at the Silversmith!!!!!! And that’s funny, I saw you were considering Club Quarters Wacker—that’s where my friend booked.

Carole [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] That little sneezy smiley guy was too cute…Hope the pollen’s better today.

Sunny [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] like your ankle bracelet tat idea…OMG! You might be training a major university team??? http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/images/smilies/emot-woop.gif Fantastic! IA—just being considered is a supreme compliment for you…ROCK ON!! :) How did you like Newport?

Jackie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I’m kind of pissed with myself that it wound up being a rest WEEK, but it seriously took all of my energy just to function through the week. I guess I won’t beat myself down about it. It’s not that catastrophic…I feel the same – no kids, no pets and still I feel like I’m constantly runnin’.

Judy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] glad you are enjoying NROL4W.

Posh [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Same here. I don’t have trouble initially falling asleep—it’s staying asleep that’s my problem. Thanks for the kind words. Speaking of spending, I was so annoyed on Friday when I asked the main office for more tissues, and I was told, “This is it!” and that we’d actually had to borrow tissues from another school. RANT ALERT! You mean to tell me we have 5 ½ more weeks of school, allergies are kickin’ in like mad, and you’re giving me ONE box of tissues? I keep a personal stash of Puffs Plus behind my desk, and of course, I’m sharing with the kids. But it really irks me. What—I’m not spending enough of my own money—now I have to supply TISSUES, too? Ridiculous! http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/images/smilies/emot-argh.gif …OK, Im done. :7 I love old movies, too, especially Hitchcock. Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck. I have been wondering about Kristi, too…Enjoy today’s 8 miler, weight work, and abs.

Wendi [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] good luck with the shows this weekend.

Dallas [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I hadn’t heard about the Nike+ event. Sounds cool...BTW, you could run for Chicago for one of the smaller charities—there are some which only require $500-600 in fundraising. Enjoy your first run with TNT today.

Well, the only thing that happened with my revised plan was, ahem, the happy hour. http://forum.blu-ray.com/images/smilies/imported/martini.gif *lol* I took 1/2 dose of Simply Sleep on Wednesday, but it didn't do anything for me at all, so I had another drag-ass day on few zzz's. But I took the full dose Thursday night and slept 10 hours - yay! - best night o' sleep I'd had in weeks. However, I slept right through the intended AM workout.

Yesterday, I signed up for a local 4-week boot camp class that starts this morning, so I imagine I'll get a good butt-whoopin' to make up for it. :)

Have a great day, ladies!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning All!:)

I am up early to get things rollin' around here. I want to work out first thing so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. ;)

Cathy: I can't wait to hear about your bootcamp class! I would love to sign up for one. I've looked and looked but haven't had any luck finding one local to me. :-( I would also love to RUN one as well but actually TAKING one first would be preferable. I had a little bit of trouble sleeping last night myself. I was awake from about 2:30 to 4:30. x( I refused to get up before 5am. I'm glad I didn't cause I fell asleep just before that. I'm glad you were finally able to log 10 hours the other night. That must've have felt AMAZING! :) I got on the scale this morning and was not happy either. I had been seeing a small decrease in the # and now all of the sudden i jumped back up and above where I started. I am HOPING it's a fluke but after eating at Joey's party this afternoon, it may not be! :p I really have to get a grip. I said I was going to tighten up after my half and although I've cut the eating out and have only had 1 beer and a few pretzels with last night's short GH session, my eating really hasn't been as stellar as I want. I think I've been eating too much this week though more so then eating the wrong stuff. ACK, it's always something!

Christine, Carole, Posh (am I missing someone?): Congrats on all getting booked at the Silversmith for Cathy's mary. You all will have tons of fun. We must exchange cell #'s before then so we can text on the day of the race. Shelly and I don't run until 10:30am and then we'll want a text when Cathy finishes!:7

Gloria: Only 5 days of workouts before a rest day? How lazy can you be!?!?...........JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:7 :7 :7 I'm picking on you for calling yourself a lazy Cheetah. There's no such thing!!!!

I have BBC Arms and Abs on tap and maybe a short cardio if I have time. My legs are still screamin' at me. I didn't think they would be this bad BUT I was just recovered from the race when I tackled Nadia's work out so I'm sure that has something to do with it.}(

Off to get more java.:9

Good saturday morning :)

Today is a 2miler followed by a few minutes on upright bike. Just for the heck of it :) I'll work shoulders and abs I think as well.

I have to run to the greenhouse this morning to pick up plants for MIL and my mom. DH is golfing now and needs to pick up a new pool filter and he has to install new toilet for MIL. Fun for him, huh ? :)

Anyone have any special plans for Mother's day? DH asked me twice what I wanted. I said surpise me. We use to take both mom's out for breakfast but it got to be so expensive and course the restuarants are usually busy so now we just stop in to see both.

Cathy: I'm so glad you got some sleep. That's crazy about the kleenex issue. I admire all teachers. Not only do they put in allot time teaching but also spend their own money. It's a thankless job at times. But I am sure there are many moments that make it all worth your while, right? :)

Wendy: Enjoy your little guy's big day. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself about the weight.

Think I'll grab another refill before I hit the trail. I wasn't going to run today but decided since there is no rain and legs feel good, I'll go for a short one.

Enjoy your saturday everyone :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...glad you finally got in some needed sleep. We missed you here...:)...I can tell already the sneezing seems quite toned down today...I am glad we all got booked together for Chicago!! It is going to be so fun...:D...That Bootcamp class sounds fun...let us know how it goes...

Wendy...good job with KPC and the sore legs!! I hope the party today is a fun one for Joey! We will definitely share cell phone #'s for Chicago...have fun with Barry and Arms & Abs.

Kath...enjoy your 2 miler and upright bike workout.

Tomasina...not sure why I had the allergy issues so bad as I am always on meds! Today already feels better...we get the yukky green/yellow stuff too from the oak trees. My car is already a dark green so it always looks weird with the added pollen! I will talk with my sister a bit today about Sac and get back to you...Looks like Christine got us booked at the Silversmith for Chicago!!!...YIPPEE!!!! (why is Oct so far away??)...I have always liked making paper airplanes...(made one at church one day...:)..)

Jackie..thanks re my allergies. Today feels a lot better. Sounds like a fun iStrength Circuit. I hope you have a nice Mother's day.

Christine...I will say the food in Sante Fe was to die for!! I can't wait now for Chicago...it'll be so fun seeing you and Cathy again...and meeting up with Posh!!

Dallas...yes, I did get the carpet cleaned and some yard work done the other day...yard work is always there with 3.5 acres!! I am thinking we could run along with Cathy at various times if we wanted...the last 6 miles are the most important IMO! Thanks re my allergies, today feels better.

Today will probably be an ITR premix, leg curls & exts and abs. After church 2 of my sisters and I will go down to my Moms and help her clean up her house for a Mother's Day gift. Her house has been on the market for a long time and things just are not selling here...but her vision is not so great and we thought we would help spruce things up. Might be why she never noticed my straight hair a few weeks ago when I saw her...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/problems.gif[/img]

Have a good day...:)

Good Morning All!

I’m so happy it’s Saturday! Today is a trail run with Jimmy and DH. I’ll have to take a Clarinex before I go, though! Allergies here are in full swing, too! Crazy. I’m very happy to be staying with Cathy and Posh! And of course, sharing a room with Carole. It’ll be a fun time!

Cathy – Glad to hear you finally got a good nights’ sleep! I’ll bet it felt wonderful!! I’d probably have booked Club Quarters had they had two double beds. I just can’t imagine paying $200+ a night and having one of us sleep on a trundle bed. :p Have fun at your BootCamp class! That sounds like fun!

Wendy – Hope you have a blast with Joey’s birthday! Sounds like a wonderful time – just enough people for a big THREE year old boy! And they are the people who count, too. DEFINITELY – let’s exchange cell numbers. I can email photos too from my phone, so we can have instant updates. And of course, I’ll bring my computer so I can post them to the boards asap! And I’ll want to know how you and Shelly do on your race! It’s the 18 miler right? Another one here who needs to jump on the clean eating band wagon! I’ve been horrid!

Kath – Enjoy your run! My DH and DD15 are taking me out for brunch, and then DH’s son will be coming over for Indian food (DH will cook) and our friends might come over as well. We’ll see. But that’s it. Nothing too big. Unfortunately, my mom passed away a few years ago. En joy your day! Sounds nice.

Carole – I’m looking forward to Chicago, too. That will be fun and Chicago is such a pretty city. I’ll probably be coming off the Rock N Roll Half in San Jose which we’ve run every year and DH wants to keep running. That’s the weekend before. So I’ll be ready to see someone else run! :p Have fun with your ITR premix! I like your idea for your Mother’s Day gift. Very sweet.

Dallas – Sorry you had a tough week! That’s never fun! I can’t wait to see you in Chicago too!!! That will be fun! If you don’t run the race, you’re welcome to hang with Carole and me! That Nike+ race is cool! I think we should all participate in some way. Even if there is no “race” in our cities, we can go out and run a 10k. The race’s start is in Memorial Park.

Gloria – hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Thomasina – YES! I’m excited!! I love Chicago, so we’ll have fun. We might have my friend come down, too. She lives in North Chicago.

Well, time to put the grocery list together and get the laundry done so DD15 has a uniform for her Tae Kwon Do class. Have a great day all!

Guten Tag Cheethahs! (That's German for Good Morning)

Wendi: We all have to sleep in sometimes. Good luck with the horse shows!

Carole: My race pics are always nasty. My last in Missoula was hideous and I said to myself "That can't be me!" :)

Christine: It is nice that my Dh's flyshop is dog friendly. When I was in Montana they let you bring your dogs everywhere, even the bar. It was cool! It is not that way here in Michigan. :( I was thinking yesterday, what are our pets thinking about us when they see us jumping all over the living room when working out? :)

Posh: Great workout planned! I wish I had a running buddy. We have a canoe marathon that is HUGE in our town and Andy is thinking about starting a running marathon along with it. He heard there are a lot of athletes in our town, but where the hell are they?

Jackie: Yes, it was a relaxing evening.

Dallas: I am not a mom, so no big plans here. I will call my mom and tell her I love her though. ;-) I stay after school with the girl I will be tutoring on Tuesday, so I will talk to her mom then. After talking with DH, I decided to charge $20 an hour. The economy here in MI is not so good and gas is almost $4 a gallon.

Kath: What, no cleaning! :) Good. I'm always having to clean up after DH, as he is such a slob!

Cathy: It is nice to have you back! :) 10 hours of sleep is the bomb diggity! I was looking at bosus yesterday when I went shopping. Very, very tempting! DH goes crazy with all my equipment everywhere. Hmmm... Can it fit under the bed? }( I have a parapro for math, that's it. I had a student who had a rare muscle disease and had no use of his hands and he had an all day parapro. He is an amazing kid whom everyone really liked. He wrote with his foot on a slant board! His parents are in the military so he ended up moving to Alabama in Feb. At the beginning of the year I did not like having someone in my room all the time, but now I miss her. We have become good friends. We're a lot alike. How fun you are doing a bootcamp class!

Wendy: Lazy cheetah reporting for duty! :) I took no offense to your remark. I will be kicking some butt today! Not sure what I will do though. I did get HSC yesterday and it looks FUN, FUN!

Talk to you all later!

Gloria - too funny about wondering what our pets are thinking when they see us bouncing around the house to a video. I was thinking this exact same thing yesterday when I was doing All Body Attack. At one point, she has us take the step topper and lift it overhead. I was bopping along doing that, then happened to glance at Jimmy who was laying on the floor watching me with the famous Aussie head tilt as if to ask, "What ARE you doing?" :p Usually he just tries to stay out of my way.

Hi Cheetahs!

Wendy suggested I stop by and ask Sunnydelite a question about Turbulence Training.

Hi Sunnydelite,
Wendy said you are a fan of TT. What do you like about it and have you followed the rotations and if so for how long? What is your TT workout? Thank you so much for your input. I appreciate it! :)

Hope everyone in the Cheetah Den has a Happy Mother's Day!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hey Cheetahs!

Well, the run was great! The coaches are wonderful. We met at a running store and the owner gave a little lecture/talk about the proper running shoe, clothing, etc. :) Oh, we did 4 miles or that was the plan, however my Garmin said it was more like 3.86. Close enough, right? LOL Next Sat is a trail run. That'll be fun. :)

Kath ~ Wow! That is great about your DD!!! How many great achievers did you give birth too. ;-) Proud mom, I"m sure! Yeah, my dd would love to meet Mia Hamm. That is so cool you got autographs and all! When did your kids start playing travel? I feel like this is so young, but in our town alone there's close to 600 kids playing travel. :eek:

Wendy ~ Good luck getting everything done for the party! [font color=dark blue size =+1]Happy Birthday to Joey[/font] Shelly said she's going to text while running that race. :eek: ha ha!

Gloria ~ Rest day!?!?!? What are you thinking!??!? lol Totally kidding. I take one a week too.

Christine ~ I PM'd you. Yeah, that Nike +race sounds cool. We should all sign up for something! :) lol'd about Jimmy's watching you while working out. :7

Cathy ~ Oh, that's right you posted some other charity options. Thanks! Did Lorie sign up through one of them yet? A gal I was running next to this morn said that TNT raised the amount from $900 to $1400 just from last year. :eek: Glad you got some sleep last night. This has been a very bad sleeping week for me. I go in cycles...I hope this one breaks soon. Last night was not good either. :( How did the butt whooping go? }(

Carole ~ I didn't know we could do that (jump in on a race and run w/someone)? Glad the allergies are giving you a break today. :eek: 3.5 acres! We just have an acre to worry about. Couldn't imagine more.

Gloria ~ That is a reasonable rate. I charged $25/hour. Enjoy your rest day. My youngest son would sit in a bouncy while I got my 30 minutes of cardio and he'd actually get his little legs kicking away watching me. It was funny! :7 You got to wonder what pets are thinking when they're watching you. ;-)

Have a great day!

Hi to the rest of the Cheetahs!

ETA: sorry about all the typos y-day...hopefully today is better.

Wow, the boot camp class was quite the butt-buster. I may be hobbling during tomorrow's long run. :)

Wendy ~ that's funny you should say that because I was thinking of you -- what a perfect venue this would be for you as a trainer. Major bucks, too! Have fun hosting the party. What is Joey getting for his b'day? Did DH start the X?

Carole ~ Do you think you *can* run the last 6? I would think the crowd will be so big, it might not be possible. *ahem* BTW, still waitin' http://www.g2ic.com/forums/images/smilies/tapfing.gif on that pic of the new 'do. :7

Kath ~ I will be taking my mom (and dad) out for dinner tonight. I'll also pick up either a Target or Visa gift card...Oh, absolutely - I *love* what I do. However, it's not a hard-up district, so to have to supply tissues for the kids -- it's like running out of toilet paper. How can they just say, "Oh well"? I'm generally happy with my admin, but in this instance, I just don't get it. http://forums.ytmnsfw.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif

Christine ~ Enjoy your trail run! I'm thrilled that we're all at the Silversmith. It'll be good to be close to the start/finish.

Gloria ~ I cannot believe you have that many classified students and no in-class support. Wow. I teach four classes, one of which is inclusion. Basic skills students are placed in there as well, and our numbers are pretty high. But luckily, I am working with a phenomenal co-teacher this year.

Hi Shirl!

ETA: Dallas ~ snuck past me there. Sorry to hear you've been having sleep issues, too. The Simply Sleep seems to work, but I will look into the other product you mentioned. $1400 is a lot. I looked into supporting Livestrong, but their site says they require $3500 (!). I emailed but have yet to receive a response.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Oops, meant to say, "Hi Shirl!"

Cathy ~ Sounds like a goody (your BC class)! }( Yeah, that Gentle Sleep Complex works, but I've been lazy to go downstairs and get it. I fall asleep, generally, with no problem, but staying to sleep has not been happening. I think you rubbed off on me!!! LOL! No, this happens frequently. How long are you going tomorrow? I looked at the TNT training schedule and I'm supposed to have 4 days of running. I've been doing three.

Weekend Cheetah Checking in!!!!

Cheetahs:

Remember me? I checked in with y’all before the Road Trip last year. I am officially adding running to my rotation, and I want to join y’all again. I am copying some of my Fitness Discussion post here for those who do not visit that forum.

I had the first of 4 monthly fitness evaluations at the club last night. My blood pressure is excellent, and I aced the 3-minute step test. Thank you, Cathe! I ran my first mile last night too! Well, I ran-walked. It was humbling to realize that I can keep up with Cathe’s intense step workouts, but a few minutes of running kicks my butt! I started off at full speed (as my cardio boot camp trainer told me to sprint) and made great time for the first lap, but I had to walk a few times after that because my butt was burning and my thighs were on fire. The good news is that it should be relatively easy for me to improve my 14-minute mile. LOL! It took me 25 minutes to walk a mile at my top weight, so I am making progress in the right direction.

My goal for the June test is to be able to complete the mile without any walking rests so I can see what my true time is and then start improving my time. My heart and lungs are in better shape than the rest of me. What can I do to build up my lower body endurance for this? What is the best way to work my way up to running a mile? My goal has always been to start running when I get closer to my goal weight, but I am inspired to rise to the challenge and run a mile with ease by July or August. My heart and lungs could handle it now, but my legs give out on me.

I did this in the afternoon Texas heat too. One of the guys at the club told me it was 94 degrees outside. Mercy! I am in awe of all the runners and especially the distance runners. Y’all must be in great shape!

Let’s talk about my favorite subject! Shoes! I wanted to start walking at the lake more often, so I bought a new pair of Nike walking shoes last weekend that I have not worn yet. I am wondering if I should return them for a better pair of running shoes, or do I need run-walk shoes since I will be doing both? I am wearing a pair of Asics Gel 1120 running shoes that I bought in January, and it is time for a new pair. It may be time for an upgrade to a better running shoe too.

Wendy and Gayle and several others encouraged me to keep pressing on with my lower body weight workouts. Do y’all recommend endurance workouts like Butts and Guts or strength workouts or both?

I have a hair appointment, so I will be back later for personals! I invited my new forum friend Kristi (PinkMom) from Texas to join the check-in too. :)

I am really going to miss the Cheetahs during the July Road Trip. Who will I have a screaming fit over this time? ;-) LOL! :7 Cathy and Wendy need to crash the Friday morning step class or something! :7

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Weekend Cheetah Checking in!!!!

Afternoon Girls :) :) :)

Happy to report a 2miler then I did 7 miles on the bike. Nice easy workout }(

Cathy: I wanted to mention earlier how lucky your are to be able to take a bootcamp class. I wish we had some in my area. Sounds like you got a great workout :)

Gloria: Oh I always do day to day pick up whne I clean--but I so needed a break for the major cleaning stuff. Only have two rooms left--who knows if I'll get to them LOL :)

Dallas: My kids started at 4. But DD didn't play travel til she was 14.(That's the first year they offer it) Perfect age. 600 kids????? Wow that's great that so many play.

Heather: Hi. I'm new here in the check-in as well. Ive been runnign for awhile now and finally decided to join the girls here. They have lots of knowledge :)

BRB laundry is calling me.

Dallas ~ 7 for me tomorrow. Hopefully no chafing this time! (Actually, I trashed those shorts, so that won't be an issue.) I am running 3-4 days also. *lol* on you blaming me! I get into cycles like this -- but occasionally, usually not for weeks on end. Let's hope you, Jackie, and I can shake this.

Heather ~ welcome back! I do think you should have a pair of running shoes. Runner's World (www.runnersworld.com) provides excellent articles and resources for beginning runners, incl. a beginning running program. I think you'd find it quite helpful.

ETA: Hey,Kath! This time I missed you. Yeah, I'd tried to find one before -- no dice. It's great to be able to get out there in the fresh air. Wish it lasted longer than 4 weeks.

Christine: I used to have an English Setter that we rescued from abusive owners. He was VERY skiddish and didn't like loud noises, but he adored me and would lay next to my treadmill when I was running just so he could be by me. :) He was such a good boy.

Dallas: Sorry your sleeping isn't going well.

Cathy: ITA about the help in the classroom. My teacher friend and I have a major beef with special ed. I don't see those teachers writing parent letters, keeping accurate attendance, doing report cards, speed walking down the hall to make a last minute copy, etc. A lot of times resource room is cancelled because they have to be in an IEP or they just can't find a sub. for them. MY class is NEVER cancelled because they can't find a sub. So is special ed. not that important? Grrr. My DH has heard this rant a lot of times. I'm not easily bothered by things, but this boils my blood!

Heather: Great job with the run! I am a shoe aholic as well. I was going to buy some nike shox yesterday, but found out they are $110.00! Yikes! This cheetah is not that wealthy! :)

Kath: Doesn't sound like an easy workout to me! Great job! :)

Cathy: One more thing. . . You got me fired up girl!

When I was at the middle school there was a new teacher in our building who had lots of experience teaching general education. She was emergency certified to teach special ed. at our school and said to me "Gloria, this is the easiest job I've ever had. I can't believe I'm getting payed to do this." WTH!

For those interested, I am posting the web address to my DH's flyshop. The typos in the fishing report grate on my nerves, but it is a nice site and you can see a pic of my DH.

www.oldausable.com

After almost 4 straight hours of cleaning I think the house is company ready. ;) The kicker is that this is an outdoor party!:7 I know, I'm sick in the head. Why did I clean like this for an OUTDOOR party? Well, people will STILL be in/out of my house and I needed something to motivate me to do a good once over anyhow so it works. :)

Now I just have to shower and start prepping the food. I have 45 minutes until people are supposed to arrive....

YIKES!

Thank goodness it's just family this way if I'm running late it's no big deal. :)

Okay, DH is outta the shower so it's my turn now! He's going out to Target to buy DS his gift while I shower.

I'm thinkin' I won't be back until morning now so....

Hasta La Vista' Babies!:7

Wendy: Family parties are the best! Have fun!

Workout is done. 5 miles in 46:06. WOOHOO!

Happy Cheetah-licious Saturday!

Back from the run – only got in 7 miles cause my friend got a “pain in the butt” which I suspect is a piriformis irritation. We went over to the gym then used the Jacuzzi but first I showed her how to use the foam roller (the gym had one) on her bootay and me thinks she’s gonna buy one now. I love mine and I’ve been experiencing a niggly feeling in my left hip flexor (always my left side) so I’ve been rolling the crap outta it with the roller; betcha can’t imagine what MY dog is thinking when I’m doing that! What cracks me up about the dog/thinking issue is that when I was doing step, a lot of times I would bumble up and hit the edge of the step with my foot causing the step to pop up like a see-saw and crash down on the risers..holy shmoley…my dog would take off running for her life skidding her paws all over to get traction!... LOL ..poor dog! I’m off to shower in a few, then go check on my SIL’s dog, then get ready for DH and I to pop over to my friend/neighbor’s house behind the trees to have a mother’s day celebration cook-out.

In case I don’t get back before tomorrow, I would like to wish all our Cheetah Moms, Cheetah Grandmas, or Cheetah Aunties a fabulous, wonderful Cheetah-tastic Mother’s

Chicago Cheetahs – Me thinks Carole could run the last 6 if she wants as the TNT coaches do it all the time.

Cathy- THERE you are Teach! Glad you got some sleep. (Posh is shaking head in disgust making the Pfffft sound with her mouth over the tissue issue lol) Um, ok, that whole tissue incident is just plain WRONG! Me thinks you should send the first kid to sneeze up a huge green blob into their hand straight up to the Admin office to find something to wipe with! Sorry, but how stooooopid is this? I’m sure the Admin is blaming the end of fiscal year and no funds on the tissue crisis but why not take some $$$ outta something like the FOOTBALL fund or the dang Admin salaries to pay for it! Then they can afford high quality brands like Charmin or something for pete’s sake…Heck they could even get 20 boxes for $20 at the dollar tree! sheesh. Oh, I know, how about a local car-wash fundraiser with signs that read “Support the tissue crisis at our local schools”…Whew, ok me thinks I’m done…for now..lol.. By the way, cool about your Bootcamp class; I wish I had one close to me…

Wendy lou – Give Joey boy a great big 3 year-old birthday boy hug for me! Hope you and DH are enjoying your day with him and family. You should start up your own Bootcamp class in your area! By the way, Cathy won’t be running alone in Chicago; I’ll be running as well as my friend and Cathy’s friend so never fear, we’re gonna get her to the finish! Sounds like a plan to exchange all the cell numbers.

Kath – Hope you enjoyed your trail run. I don’t do them anymore after we saw a mountain lion once (after we had passed the swampy toolies where it was!) …pretty much made me more of a chicken than I already was…

Carole – Yes, let me know what you come up with re: Sac. if ya’ll are coming the night before then maybe I need to book something down yonder and we can meet up for some dinner or something…just a thought don’t want to intrude on any plans you may have with sis – just let me know. So excited we are booked all together in Chicago though. I was telling my friend this morning more about youz guys – I know we all are going to have a lot of fun! Yeah, we have the oak tree crap too along with the pine needles and cones. Today does seem to be better but the flies are beginning to bother the horse now…

Christine – Hope your trail run went well with Mr. Jimmy. I hope you don’t mind me bringing this up now but it must have been during one of my longer absences from the board but I never knew what had happened to Tucker until a couple of months ago when I read about it somewhere posted here and I actually put my hand to my mouth and said “oh my god” and had tears in my eyes. I am officially now giving you a HUGE delayed hug and a “I’m so sorry” for what happened to your dear boy, but now when I read all the posts about you and your love bug Jimmy it makes me smile to know you have an angel to comfort your loss everyday. Here’s to JIMMY! He’s so handsome too! Oh and I am cracking up at you being the marathon photographer with your Iphone…lol. DD and I do that to each other with her Iphone and my Blackberry when we text….too funny.

Gloria – LOL about your “well the hell are they?” comment…hey, I say plan the marathon and “they” will come outta the wood work! Oh and um, you’ve come to the right place for BOSU enabling! I say DO IT, BUY IT, it is the absolute best tool for core/ab work and YES it will fit under the bed if need be. Ya know, if when you bring home the BOSU and DH gets annoyed, pull out the fail safe plan of “no intiendo ingles” (means you don’t understand English) and go about your business with the BOSU; works like a charm everytime with my DH…lol

Dallas! - YES! I’m so excited about your TNT team! You’re gonna have some great fun. But I agree with Cathy in that there are other smaller charities for the marathon. Um, s’cuse me for saying Lady, but I’m willing to lay odds that after you run that 13 miles (with ease I’m sure) in August, you’re gonna say to yourself “well, that was easy” and then you are gonna wanna join the Cheetahs in Chicago for the run! LOL…ok, I’ll lay off but it will still be good if you hook up with Carol and Christine for the cheerleading…book a room for Sat at the Silversmith! LOL – geez, I’m pushy, huh..lol

Heather – welcome to the Cheetah den…yep, I agree with everything the Teach says…get the shoes and check out beginner plans online. Also, Hal Higdon at halhigdon.com has some beginner plans as well. Good Luck!!

Ok, there’s my novel…hope all my friends are having a great day!

Posh :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.