:::: CHEETAHS :::: Muscle thru Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin', girls-- :)

Here we are, at Monday already. I don't mind. Essentially, teaching is over. The kids have two trips this week, and then graduation practice starts on Friday. Today is my normally scheduled rest day, and I'll need the time, working a little later tonight to meet my grading deadline.

Gonna be another scorcher for us here on the East Coast.

Have a great day, everyone!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hello Cheetahs!

Good to be back here! I often thought how everyone was doing here! :)

Teaching is not over for me for another few weeeks. The kids are excited and ready to leave. It is so hot on the east coast too!

I will miss them, but I need a break too!

SO..................off to do Cathe's Total Body Sculpt. Going to do some hard lunges!

Have a great day all!

:)

Amy

Good Morning Cheetah-Land!:)

How many of us are already sweating and it's not even 6am yet!? BLECH! x(

Cathy: Enjoy your last days of the school year. What are your plans for the summer months this year?

Amy: Welcome back!:)

I have HIIT and a short run on tap for today. Thinkin' of an IMAX2 blast premix and then the gym but we'll see what actually happens. :p

Legs are still toasty this morning. Love that! LOL

BBL!

Cathy: Enjoy your quiet work week. Way to go on getting 10miles in --esp. in this heat.

Wendy: I did enjoy my rest from cardio. I was sporting nice DOMS yesterday on my rest day. How many days are you into the AB stuff? Seing any results? How are the meals going?

Carole: Oh no on the skunk. My retriever was sprayed from a distance once --- that was NOT fun. Our neighbor --who also has a retriever--gave us some stuff to wash him with. Worked like a charm.

Shelly: Sounds like you are living in a great place right now. With this heat --I'm sure you are enjoying being near water.

Christine: I hear ya on an 19yr without anything to do-just trouble. How was your workout yesterday --did you get the trail run in?

Gloria: Hope your time off brings you peace.

Dallas: Great job on your workout yesterday. Sucks on games being cancelled or NOT! DD's league will hold a game for 30minutes if they se lightning and then restart. Crazy rules. She plays on a women's league right now. They had a game at 3pm in the heat. Some girls didn't even show --so it's even harder for the girls who did.

Today is 6miles . Followed by chest/back stuff and CORE things.

Isn't this heat crazy ? It's lightly raining now but think I'll take my run outside. The rain will feel nice.

BBL need a refill

Amy ~ If I remember correctly, you teach the little ones. School is over for us on the 19th, but with the 8th grade, our grades are due already today and we have a number of end-of-year activities planned.

Wendy ~ you must have missed my recent posts about summer work. I am working one committee so far and am working on nailing down something else.

Kath :: I will definitely enjoy it, but quiet it is not. :) The kids are fired up. Enjoy your 6 miler in the rain.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hi Kath.

I was seeing results from AB for sure but when I went away to AC the weekend before last, I ofcourse indulged and had some damage control to do. Now I am on the verge of TTOM so the 2 of those things combined are hindering my results a bit right now. I am not allowing myself to get upset though. I know it was working. I just have to be patient and it will start working again. The scale and BF are both up but I don't feel bloated or fat or anything so I am just rolling with it for now. Today starts week 4 of the program for me, btw and prior to the A/C trip (after 2 weeks on the program) I had lost a couple of pounds and roughly 1.5% body fat already!:)

Enjoy your run! I hope you get rained on!;)

Cathy: YIKES, I think I need to be sent to the principal for not paying attention! ;) :7 Sorry about that. :p

Wendy: Good stuff on not getting frustrated with yourself. I know when my TTOM comes and I'm feeling the bloat--I roll with it. And I think you are so smart to allow yourself to enjoy your get away. When we limit ourselves with things-- kinda sets up to fail. This way you enjoy and know you will need to work it off later :)

BTW oldest DD got the job and starts today :) She is hoping to hear from immigration soon though. That's a great place for her to work--lots of choices :) But she is employed now --that's all that matters. She is getting fitted for her vest today. I guess it made me stop and think--- I better not think :)

Thanks Wendy!
Love your website by the way! Good for you!

Cathy - yes I teach little ones. We are out in 2 weeks.

I just did my Cathe workout and I am sweating bullets! Hahaha!
It is so humid here!!!!!!!
Off to the shower and then a long day of work! Have a great day Cheetahs!!!!

Amy :)

Okay ladies, I'm sitting here being useless. I already had my coffee as well as some breakfast so I guess this means I have no excuses...Gotta get my butt in gear to sweat with Cathe! :7

BBIAB!;-)

Hi Friends-

Ahhh Monday! :) A day for routines and discipline! Yesterday was major yard work after church and taking DD out to brunch. We had some awesome crepes. Mine was arugula, goat cheese & portabello mushroom topped with a fresh tomato basil combo. The only down fall was that is was not whole grain. No biggie. Later, after hours sweaty yard work we caved in and ordered pizza at the urging of our kids. At least we had a salad with it. ;-) :eek:

I did no official workout but again it was an active rest day. I am glad to be getting my body used to working in the heat. Tomorrow I have a golf match, (not just a round of golf) and being adjusted to the heat will help. I may try to do some practice putting today . Work out will be stage 3B of NROL4W. and some HIIT.

I ma behind in personals since I only glanced at yesterdays' thread. I will give it a try here.

Welcome back Amy :)

Cathy- glad you are on the home stretch of the school year. I hope you have decent AC to do that grading tonight? Did you get your long run in yesterday?

Gloria- What are your summer plans?

Carole- Did your little dog get skunked again? Was she the one who did last year? yuck!

Shelly- did I quickly read that you may have found a property worth looking at in PA?

Wendy- IA the Alwyin programs work great, but then real life eating gets in the way. I probably ate too much pizza last night, but being exhausted makes me eat more. On the good side, I had very little CABs this weekend. Just one vodka drink at a grad party. I just did not want to drink in the heat. Plus, when DH works the weekend he doesn't drink. (ZERO tolerance) I prefer not to indulge much if he can not.

Christine- Is today the day you leave for Boston? I am sure you will check in at some point :)

Dallas- Are you kids managing in the heat with their sports?

Hi Kath congrats to your DD on getting hired!

Hi Wendi- Do you get a day to recovery from your latest weekend of madness?

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Morning cheetahs :) Well, not even 0700 yet and it's almost 80 degrees and steamy outside. Was originally planning on a longish run today but rethought that. I'm not into a marathon training program yet (will start that in Aug) so why go run in these conditions when I don't have to! See, I'm not THAT crazy!;-) So I'll do a nice long cardio workout indoors. Not sure what yet.. something will come to me! Had the in laws over again last night but it actually was a nice visit. Today DH finally will be going to get his boat!

Christine- When I die, I want to come back as your dog!!!! (LOL) Have you considered a bike/run duathlon? You'd be a naturaly at it!

Dallas- I hadn't noticed the new STS blog entry until your post yesterday. Holy Cow, my jaw dropped!

Wendy- Interesting mishmosh for you yesterday.. probably felt good too to dust off some of those vids. Well, you may have an addiction but it sure is a healthy one at least!
Checking out the weather forecast for next Sat. (Sheehan Classic) So far it looks like it will be perfect with temps in the 60s for the run time.

Carole- I wrote out your formula for skunk odor eliminating.... should come in handy, thanks! Congrats on a very successful 9 mile run yesterday!

Gloria- you sound so at peace now... very happy to hear it and obviously contributed to having a great run, what a feeling!

Amy- Welcome back! I hope the school year went well for you. Glad that you are primed and ready for running again! Wow, your school year runs late!. My twin sis is a teacher in Az and they end in mid May! Have a good time today with those lunges!

Kath- LMAO with your poodle-do comment. I was exactly the same. Straight hair until I hit my 30s. Now, unless I spend some time with straightening goo and a blow dryer it's a pony tail day for me- especially living in the humid East coast now! How nice that you have a light rain at least to moderate the heat. Should make the run more comfortable. Big Congrats to your DD!!!

Cathy- Yay--- light is defintely growing stronger at the end of that tunnel! I'm sure you'll make the most of your rest day.

Pretty much caught up now. I think I'll be doing Seasuns SUS and the cardio portions of DM... wooohooo!

ShellyC

Hi Judy! Posting together today:) :) Good luck on that golf match today... stay cool!!!! Yes, we did locate a very good possibility for us in Pa and will be going to look at it probably this Thurs.

ShellyC

hello wonderful women!!! i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to be back. i had a trifecta of issues that have kept me away for a bit. the first was my shoulder injury (ac joint tear) that kept me from working out for about five weeks (i waas able to do the ext at times), some xdf issues (i think i sent the explanation email to the cheetah yahoo list so you all know about that), and then, my internet was broken for OVER A WEEK! x( x( x( i finally got it fixed. actually, my "slightly newish" bf fixed it because i didn't think i could speak to customer support one more time without going crazy. i did manage a 4 mile run on friday. finished in 35 minutes, not too bad after over a month off. i was totally banned from doing weights while healing, and i did bbc yesterday and barely got through it. sucks because i was really gaining strength with NROLW. i am going to have to start at the beginning now. x( x( x(

anyway...i have really, really missed my cheetah gals. i am hoping to be back for good.

so, once i get caught up, i will get on to personals. i feel so out of the loop!

i hope everyone has a wonderful day and manages to stay cool in the oppressive heat (at least here, it's going to go up to 96 with humidity at 200% :p !).

Welcome back Lorie! We missed you. :)

The IMAX 2 blast premix is done. It kicked my arse! I haven't done step, let alone an IMAX in ages so I'm definately not used to it! I am going to have to include this one in my rotation of HIIT work outs from now on!}(

Now it's time to feed DS and get in some potty time before we head to the gym for my run.

Hope everyone is managing to stay indoors in the A/C today!

I'll be back a bit later for personals.

Ciao!:)

Hi Cheetahs!

Dallas – Is the weather any better today? It’s been really bad lately, eh? My ankle bothers me if I do too much hi impact work on my cement floor. As I’ve been riding my bike a lot lately, it’s fine, but when I get on a step tear, then it gets bad. I have to be careful Hope yours is feeling better!

Cathy – Do you have finals to give? It’s DD15’s final week, then she is off. Your rule against shopping at the same places as your students made me laugh, but ITA! I don’t know how the kids poor themselves into some of those clothes (or why). At least the boys seem to be wearing their pants around their waists again! :p Stay cool!

Amy! Glad you could stop by! Always happy to have another teacher with us! To post a pic in your profile, you have to have the photo on a website somewhere (I use www.picturetrail.com). Then you take the link to that photo and cut and past it in your profile.

Kath – I’ve always had hair that poofs in humidity. Fortunately, here in California, we don’t get that much. Too funny about hitting 30 and getting Poodle-do’s! DD15 had straight straight hair until she hit puberty then *POOF* it’s now curly. Very curly. She has a cute cut that she can manage with minimal fuss (she’s so not into make up and hair). No trail run – I managed to do my TT workout and then did 90 minutes on the bike. Oh, good luck to your DD. I did Search and Rescue and worked closely with the police. It’s a wonderful thing she is doing, but I understand the direction in which your mind wanders. I’ll keep her in my prayers.

Wendy – Oh it’s THAT hot?! I hate that. Blech! Is right! Glad you did IMax 2 blast only premix – it’s perfect for HIIT! I really enjoyed it when I did it, and I will definitely include it in my rotation.

Shelly – Glad to know that even you have your limits! Wow! 80 degrees at 7AM? Of course, on the East Coast you don’t have the temperature changes that the West has, but STILL! Glad DH will get his boat! LMAO at you coming back as my dog. I don’t know if I could handle your energy level! :+ Funny about the Dual. We were watching the news yesterday and The Escape for Alcatraz Triathlon was yesterday . DH commented that I should do a tri as I am actually a decent swimmer, too – I’d need to add some major pool time as I have not really swam for a long time, but I could do it. Not sure I want to swim in the shark infested SF Bay, though! I should probably train for a short course. Oh I don’t know. :p Have fun with SUS and DM.

Judy – Oooh, that crepe sounds wonderful! I leave for Boston in a week. ITA that weekends can throw a diet way off. Mine was okay, but with too many CABS on Friday, and a little too much food yesterday. I should know not to get pistachios!

Lorie! We missed you! Nice of your “slightly new BF” (need much more info!) helped with your internet! Glad you’re feeling better. We’re just happy to have you back!

I think I’m going to take a rest day today. I get my pull up bar today, so I want to be fresh tomorrow. :p I also think I overdid it yesterday. I have to really think about this century ride. I’m not sure that I want to dedicate the time to train for it. It’s like training for a marathon, but the long rides can take 6 to 7 hours. We’ll see. It was a gorgeous day yesterday and DH and I had a good time with Jimmy at the outdoor mall. Have a great day all!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...way to go getting Dexter at Target!! I might pick it up too sometime this week. As far as Scrabulous, I just got lucky with the tiles...:)..Did you get through the notebooks last night? Hope you can stay indoors most of today to avoid the nasty hot weather.

Amy...Welcome back.

Wendy...enjoy HIIT and your short run today.

Kath...LOL, I have not heard the term "Poodle do" for 30+ years!!! We usually don't have skunk problems til about August, so this was quite a surprise! have fun with your 6 mile run and chest/back/core.

Shelly...Wow, you are having quite the heat wave. Good idea for a long cardio workout indoors! Glad you had a good visit with your in-laws.

Judy..sounds like a yummy crepe. I love portabello mushrooms! Yes, my dog did get sprayed last year (twice), and the skunks seem to be around earlier this year..yuk!! Good idea to get your body adjusted to the heat.

Lorie...welcome back too. Luckily in Calif we have heat but not real high humidity.

Gloria...luckily the skunk odor is going away outside. We have had some wind and I think that helps. LOL about you being a porch monkey!! Good job with the 4 miles.

Christine...Good job yesterday with the TT workout and the rest of Spinervals. I know with my bigger dogs we tried everything for the skunk smell. That was before I found the one I posted yesterday! My hip is fine today, so I need to keep it up with the rolling. How fun you get your pull-up bar today! Enjoy the restful day...:)

Dallas...I have never tried the Stick, and not sure what a T-Roller is?? I use a foam roller I got at Target and I think it gets into about any sore area well..Good job with the EXT and ARX workout.

Today is P90X C&B, ARX and 40 min on my EXT. Then some yardwork before the heat settles in. I think we are in for about 95 today but at least it is a dry heat!

Have a great day...:)

Good sweaty morning Cheetahs!

This time it really wasn't my fault that I didn't get here yesterday, seriously :p!!! My ISP has been down since Sat morning and I spent about 8 hours yesterday with the "no help" help line trying to fix it x( x(. The outsourcing of IT has *really* got to stop! Thankfully, they got their act together and it was back up this morning. WOOHOOO!

The horse show was oppressively hot on Sat, bordering on inhumane. NO ONE had any business showing this weekend! The horses were fine...felt so sorry for them, though :(.

I was supposed to run that 10K yesterday and was very thankful that I had to work. I would *never* have been able to tolerate that kind of heat...it was already around 80* at 8:30am. I was able to get out at 5am this morning for a nice sweaty run, though, and was surprised that I felt okay. Gonna try to do that again tomorrow morning.

I don't have time for catching up right now but I will be back tonight for sure. Stay cool everyone!!!

Hola Chicas!

I went to the gym and ran 1.50 miles in 15:30. I started at 5.0 and worked my way up to 6.0-6.1. Not terrible. A slightly faster overall pace then the other day but I'm still not especially comfortable and had to bring it down for a few seconds a few times as I thought I might lose it at the higher speeds. :-( That being said, I'm not giving up. I'm doing better then I was so there is still hope!

I came home and had some lemon italian ice. :9 Now I'm actually hungry so I'm gonna go scrounge up an early lunch. By the time I am done eating it will be time to feed DS.

BBIAB! :)

Afternoon beautiful cheetahs!

Cathy: Good luck with the grading tonight. I am so happy the end is near for you! Thank you re: the NB. My principal didn't really know much about it. I will be giving it some more thought.

Amy: I am a new cheetah, so I don't know you. I am a 32 year old 5th grade teacher and just love everything about fitness. We ended the school year on Friday. What grade do you teach? I don't have the workout you were speaking of, but great job!

Wendy: I am glad you are not letting this treadmill thing get you down. It is not worth stressing over. Great work on Imax 2. This summer I am tutoring an hour a week and just had a new development today and may teach a two week summer school session.

Kath: Feeling like myself again. I am just an extremely sensitive person. Congrats to DD! That is a wierd feeling for you I am sure. I will be hoping she will get into immigration. Glad you had a rest day yesterday.

Shelly: You and DH will have fun on that boat. My DH's shop sells kayaks and I bought one for cost on Friday. I will be trying it out on the river tomorrow. Good idea to keep it indoors! I am hoping my hair gets curly. I am 32 so there may still be time! I have always had straight hair. Whenever I get my hair cut the stylist always says "You have the straightest hair I have ever seen." x(

Judy: I am a person who likes structure and discipline too. I am a routine person. Sounds like a fun weekend! Nice of you to not indulge in the CABs when DH cannot.

Lorie: You have been missed. I was actually wondering how you have been. Like Christine said, we're just happy to have you back here with us! :)

Christine: I understand your reservations about the century ride. When I did not get into NYC I actually had a feeling of relief. That is a lot of pressure and fear of overtraining. What you said about the dog food makes sense to me. I am usually good about not buying snacks, but have fell off the wagon so to say with that lately. Oops! ;-)

Carole: The dry heat is not so bad, you are right. I have always wanted to go to California. One of my students went there for spring break this year and I have to admit I was a bit jealous! Maybe DH and I can swing it sometime.

Wendi: I get worried about the animals in heat like this too. It is nice to see you checking in as always! :)

We went for a walk this morning at 5:30 and if my calculations are correct, we did about 5 miles. It was a very nice morning. My principal asked me if I would consider teaching a two week session of summer school that starts next week. I told her I would think about it. I can do basically anything I want and it is from 8-11 M-F. I would get paid of course. I am thinking why not? It's only two weeks. That can't be too bad. I think I am going to do it. Oh yeah, I told this to Shelly above. My DH's fly shop sells kayaks and I bought one for cost on Friday. I have only gone once. It was scary at first and I did get swept under a tree and felt like I was going to tip over, but didn't. I am going to try it out tomorrow all by myself!!! Don't worry, I will wear a life jacket! :)

Take care ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.