::: CHEETAHS ::: on the move...Monday, 5/5

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! :)

Gloria ~ very interesting. My cousin's German Shepherd had had it, what a shame that was. It's great that it hasn't impeded your running. I imagine being ultra fit has aided your management of it...You reminded me -- I wonder if we have a faculty meeting this afternoon. It's usually the first Monday of every month. I hope not! :) Anyway, nice of you to help out the principal.

Shelly ~ I suppose you won't be reading this, but I'll put out the vibes, anyway, for a safe cross-country move. Will be thinking of you.

Wendy ~ that is an accomplishment, doing all that and not slowing down! :)

Today is a scheduled rest day.

Have a great day, everyone!

Edited to fix a typo.

Good Morning Cathy and all Cheetahs who follow!

Cathy: Wow, you are up early lady! Have a nice rest day!

I have to get my butt in gear within the next 20 min. or it will be no workout. Talk to you all after school. :)

I just can't move until 5:30 am. I will try and workout after school. It will be easier since we MAY not have a meeting today. I was a bit groggy when he came over so I think I have to take them to school tomorrow too. That will be easier since I will be running tomorrow and don't need as much time for that. Can you tell I am a creature of habit? :)

Good Monday Morning beatiful cheetahs :) :)

Yesterday was my rest day. I stepped on the scale yesterday as well. I hate being a slave to a number so I stay away from the scale and go by the fit of clothes etc. But after finishing my last 12 week challenge I wanted to see where I stood in the weight department etc. Esp since Ive moved my runs outside and stuff. My weight went down one pound and body fat dropped a percent.So I must be doing something right :)My goals remain the same-- lean out and keep my weight right where it is(118lbs) I think Ive been successful because of my *clean* eating and consistant workouts.

This morning I've been TOLD by MIL that I'm to pick her up at her eye doctor's appt. Yes I was TOLD. x( Now her appt is at 8:15 and she said I need to pick her up at 9. Now last time I did this-- she wasn't there that long. Its a routine exam (I swear this women keeps the doctor's in business--she is 87 years old with not one thing wrong with her--she HOPES they find something wrong with her--I kid you not)Last time I did this- she was horribly mean to me-- it was so bad she literally made me cry. She barked out driving instructions and told me where to park/where to pick her up. I dropped her off and went to drop off my dry cleaning-- I pulled over to call DH in tears. There is no reason for her to be mean. And the only reason I didn't say anything to her was because my parents taught me to respect people. Any how-- I told her there is no way she will be there for 45mins--but to call me when she is done and I swing over to get her after I run. She said to DH--"OH she is running? I need her there--she better be there" DH said nothing.x( If she is mean this morning-- I'm going to calmly put her in her place-- sounds good huh? :)

Thanks for allowing me to rant :)
I'm running 5miles this morning and doing shoulders and abs as well. I was thinking of going before coffee--- but I so need the coffee this morning .

Congrats again Wendy-- you rock girl :)

I'll add more personals later :)

Good Morning Ladies!

Everyone is up bright-n-early I see. :)

So I feel great as far as being well rested. I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to take on the world. There's only one problem......

[font color=red][font size=16]I CAN'T WALK!!!![/font][/font]:7 :eek: }( :eek: :7

Cathy: I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you that you don't have a meeting today. So the full mary runners y'day had to do the HM loop twice which means you have to pass the "finish" line and KEEP going!:eek: I told DH I don't know if I could do that...atleast not for my first full mary. I think that would mess with my brain too much, ya know? Hmmmm....I guess I have e to think about this some more before I make up my mind... So what kind of course is Chicago? Out and back, a loop or one straight shot?

Gloria: Sorry you couldn't move in time to get your work out in. I know how that is though. I get up early but often times I just want to veg, not work out.

Kathy: YIKES on the MIL thing. Has she ALWAYS been so mean or is this something that started happening with age? If it were me and she was always like this, I don't think the relationship with her son would have lasted. :eek: Well, I hope she doesn't give you a hard time today.

That's all for now.
I am sure I have personals from y'day to catch up on but I think I'll do that a little later.

BBIAB!

g' mornin' ladies,

cathy- hopefully you will not have a meeting today.

wendy- lol, oh i still remember how sore my lower body was after the HM (shutters)....

kath- ugh, sorry about your MILx( how nutty. i wonder why some mil's feel the need to be so mean towards their DIL's unneccesarily???

shelly- i know you won't get this but happy moving and you will be missed until we hear from you again!

so today's workout is supposed to be 60 mins of cardio. not sure how i am going to fit it in as my schedule is pretty tight today. i am so aggravated as my 6am client overslept and didn't make it in I could have ran at that time, GRRRR. i will have to be extremely disciplined and do it exactly after picking up ds from school. tonight is the last night for our biggest looser program so we are annoucing the winner and having a celebration!!

i'm off, TTYL:)

Hi Ladies!

It’s Monday. Ugh! :+ I guess it could be worse. There could be NO weekends! I still have DOMS in my “arm pits” from the chest flies on Saturday! It feels good, actually. Reminds me of why I workout and want to eat well. :p I decided to stop ETK for a week and concentrate on weights (I’ll toss kbs in there, too). I like this feeling. I’m going to do a GS rotation. I have BSB on the agenda. I’ll follow it up with Gin Miller’s Simply Intervals. Figured I’d better avoid starting with C&T! :p

Cathy – glad you’re enjoy Eoin! I need a date with him soon. I really like that video as it’s so stress free, and makes me laugh. Yeah, Spinervals are all cycling workouts. The video is 3 hours long, but I’ve concluded that Coach Troy is insane. :+ Hope your back is feeling better! Sorry the adjustment didn’t help. Enjoy your rest day!

Gloria – hope you don’t have a meeting today! Hope you got some sleep. Getting up early enough to be done by 6:45? Ouch! I’m with you. Moving before 5:30AM is tough!

Shelly – Good luck on the move!! WE’LL MISS YOU! Drive Safe! I’ve made that trip 3 times. Did it in 4 days each time. We’ll be thinking of you and sending you safe vibes!

Wendy – good job at getting everything off and back on while running and keeping your pace! I’m impressed! LOL at your not being able to walk and grinning about it. Glad you slept well. Sounds like you did not have cramps.

Kath – Good job on the pound and body fat lost! Good luck in dealing with you MIL. No one has the right to treat anyone like that. I’m sorry. Enjoy your run! Hope it helps.

Have a great day everyone! I’m bummed about the Sharks losing, but they could not have fought harder – FOUR over times! I could not stay up that long and found out this morning. Darned good thing we did not go over to our friends’ house – we’d have been out until 11:00!

Sunny - you snuck in on me! Good luck getting in your workout! I can understand being aggravated at your client. Sounds like you'll have fun tonight!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I checked a few of the airfare site and some you mentioned. All had about the same price. I will check out farecast though too. No, I don't have Magically hips. Enjoy your rest day..

Gloria...we like green too. We changed our colors last year in the living room area...peach & green...:)...Great 5 mile run yesterday.

Kath..Congrats on the weight and body fat loss. Wow, I don't envy you taking your MIL to the Doctor. I think putting her in her place might be good, just be careful what you say...

Wendy...way to go yesterday getting that long sleeved shirt off while running!! So, a little DOMS???....:)...hope the soreness eases up a bit today.

Linda...good job with Tracey's Circuit, I was not happy with one of hers I purchased last year so I tend to avoid trying any others.

Sunny...thanks, I was glad to run more pain free! Sounded like a good workout yesterday for you. Hope you can get in your cardio today.

Christine...thanks re my run. That workout you did yesterday does sound tough! 2 hours and 20 min...WOW!! LOL about the armpit DOMS! Have fun with your GS workout and Gin's Interval's...

Jennie...I hope you can get in to see the Orthopedic Dr soon too! Let us know how it goes.

I am planning on squats and calf raises, 4DS sho's, abs and 40 min on my EXT. I finally get my massage late this afternoon!!

Have a great day...:)

fly by post for me. my apologies. i have got to get in a w/o (skipped yesterday on account of being a total sloth and going to bed WAAAAY too late on saturday) before i have to leave for TRAFFIC COURT! i got a speeding ticket about a month ago. i was coming home from a high school baseball game around 9 and was alomost home but there is a pretty large hill you have to go down. i hwas singing to some music and not even realizing that my speed was inicreasing as i was going down the hill. anyway, the cops were behind a bunch of trees and in a right turn lane (basically out of sight) and got me. in georgia, cops must be seen from 100 feet. anyway, i am hoping the judge will take pity on me since i am a public servant (work for the public schools and was at a school function) and the cops weren't really visible. if they were, i would have slowed down. in georgia, cops must be visible from 100 feet. maybe that will help me. anyway, send good traffic court vibes.

gonna go do NROLW (still have tummy monkeys today but can't help it). be back with a court report. hope for good news!

love to you all. i will write more later. court is at 1 and i don't know when my case will be called. what a pain!!!

*ahem*

Hi Cheetahs. I'm just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS to Wendy! I read the results of your race in yesterday's Cheetah thread! Awesome that you beat your goal!!

Makes me wanna run a half ;)

Awww, thanks Shelley! I sooo appreciate it! :)

So when ya signin' up for that HM? ;) Be warned...the pain is addictive! LOL You'll be planning a full before ya know it!}(

Good morning Cheetahs!

I didn't make it here yesterday. And, today is Monday.

Have to send a big CONGRATS TO Wendy for such an awesome time on her half! You rock girl! Maybe you can get DH to give those legs a good massage.

Shelly - Have a safe move. You will be missed. Hope the "kids" do well.

Sunny - I haven't gotten a bag yet. Think I will put it on my Christmas list. Good luck with the BL challenge. Have fun.

Cathy - Enjoy your rest day!

Gloria - Hope you get a good workout in after school today.

Kath - Congrats on the weight and BF loss! Happy for you!

Christine - Glad you're pleased with how your workouts and eating is going.

Carole - Have a good workout and enjoy that long awaited massage.

Lorie - Sending good vibes ))))))))) your way. Hope you get out of that ticket.

Hello to all others.

Today's workout was the Firm's Complete Body Sculpting. For the cardio sections, I alternated betweent the TM and EXT. Worked up a good sweat. Also got in 10 minutes of yoga.

Have a super Monday. Gotta get back at it.

Jackie

Hiya Girls --I'm back :)

I did 5miles before having to pick up MIL. And get this? She was nice and appreciative. I think DH called her. Either that--they gave her some drugs or something LOL. I'll just enjoy her niceness for now and NOT question it :)

Wendy: You poor girl not being able to walk. I know after running my first race I swore my eyelashes hurt :) Relax today :) Have Joey wait on ya :)

I'm having a delicious snack right now. I found it in my muscle chow book. Tuna on celery mixed with apples/plain yogurt and red onion. YUMMY
:9

I need to go back to Wally world after my snack. I need a mop }( Better than a flying broom huh? :)

I'll be back later.

Carole – I’m feeling pretty good after my killer workout yesterday, so I can’t complain too much. Sounds like you’re getting a good one in today, too! Enjoy your massage!

Lorie – Hope you get excused from your ticket! That would be great! Hope your tummy monkeys find a new home soon!

Shelly – always happy to have you check in, lady! Wendy did great, didn’t she?!

Jackie – sounds like a good workout today! Glad you’re back with us! We missed you!

Kath – so happy to hear that MIL was nice AND you got your 5 miles in! Two wonderful surprises in one day – go play the lottery. :p Sounds like a great snack!

I did GS BSB and Gin’s Simply Interval as planned. I’m feeling great, although my chest muscles are still sore. Had a time of it lifting my arms up for jumping jacks! :p I really liked Simply Intervals. I’ve been avoiding Gin Miller as I thought she’s drive me crazy, but I really like her. It’s a short, sweet workout that is as tough as you make it and is only 35 minutes. I really like it. She does 8 intervals. The first part is breaking down the interval so you really get it, then she adds intensity. Finally you do the interval for a full minute as hard as you can. I had a blast with it. I need to look up more Gin Miller step tapes. Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

Hi Cheetahs!

Wendy!!! you had an amazing race yesterday girl! I was laughing while trying to picture you disrobing and rearranging your IPOD while maintaining your pace. Are you getting any goodadvice about easing your leg pain? Will it help to gently walk to get your muscle loose? (once you can actually walk)

Shelly- safe travels !

Sunny- thanks for the Afterburn info. I thought $59.95 was a bit expensive, but I did read his blog. IA that weights and HIIT are key elements as well as a clean diet. In fact diet and maintaining (if not increasing) muscle mass becomes more important every year IMO. Kee pus posted. For now I will stick with NROL4W, HIIT and a clean diet in Lou's recommended calorie range.

shoot, I've got to leave to pick up DD from school. I'll try to get on later.

TTFN,

PS- no proof reading was done, forgive errors!

i did manage to get in my run itread 3/40 mins!! what a goodie:7 afterwards picked up ds from school and then did the non cardio portion of a BBC(barry's)!! i am pleasantly pooped and feeling good :D

judy- yea, IA it is bit expensive. I will keep you informed of my progress and then you can decide from there. glad you are enjoying nwolw4!

woo-hoo! post court report to say that i told my sob story and basically got it thrown out. it won't show up on my driving history, no points on my license, and i don't have to pay a dime. i do, however, have to do 12 hours of community service. funny, since i probably do that in a week with rescue! i think i can get another 12 done by august.;-)

today was NROLW and HIIT. tomorrow is cardio day...}(

Good evening Cheetahs!

I am afraid I am not up to personals and I was just too tired to work out after school. We DID have a meeting. My superintendent presented and then our curriculum director gave a presentation. The good news is that on our state of Michigan school report card this year we got and A!!! They use a formula based on data we produce in several different areas. I had to pick our dog up at the shop (chatted a bit since I don't see my DH anymore) after school and write a parent letter when I got home. It's too late for a workout. The good news is that I'm not taking the girls to school tomorrow and can work out as usual. Now off to write out the plans for tomorrow. Have a great evening all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.