::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, Monday--so good to me

RunninTeach

Cathlete
...or else! :7

Good morning, cheetahs! :)

First...Posh :: (((HUGS))) to you. I'm so sorry for your terror on the highway but am greatly relieved that you and the pups remained safe. I know it has caused a lot of inconvenience for you at a time (starting a new job!) when you really don't need that, but I'm sure you will get through it with ease. Bad stuff happens to good people all the time. Try not to dwell on your rotten luck this time around. Deep breaths! Positive thoughts. :) :) :) Lots of sunshine & good vibes are comin' your way for an AWESOME first day. And thank God it was just your car. That can be fixed. The important thing is you're OK!!!

Monday is normally a rest day, but I had plenty of those last week, so tonight it will most likely be Bosu Ski Conditioning DVD.

Have a great day, ladies!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Happy Monday Cheetah Babes!:)

Hey, I'm tryin' to think positive over here. Don't ruin it for me, okay!? :p :7

(((Posh))): So sorry you had to go through that. How scarey! I'm so glad that you and your pups are A OK. Sounds like you handled the situation perfectly. You did not panick which is key. Good luck with the new job today! Concentrate on that and NOT your vehicle today! :)

Dallas: OMG on the Bon Jovi story! Sorry you were in the potty at the time. :-( Yes, it can certainly be maddening to "fit it all in" when it comes to fitness.

Carole: Glad your run was pretty much a success. DH and I will sometimes go out to breakfast after one of my races. It's a great thing to do but I always eat the bad stuff which I'm not thrilled about.

Cathy: Can't wait to hear what you think of the bootcamp work out when you have the chance to dowload and do it in it's entirety.

I have cardio and abs/core+ on tap for today. I'm thinking a run this morning and abs/core+ at nap time. Perhaps I'll try for ITread 9/60 mins again...or perhaps not. LOL We'll see what strikes me once I get on the treadmill. :+

BBIAB!

good morning all. i am trying to decide on my workout. yesterday, i ended up doing 4DS KB, GS BSB, and YFH. it was a good workout. so, not sure what i'll be doing today.

posh-wow...i am just so glad you and the pups are okay!!!

i am slow moving this morning. i'll try to wake up and bbl.

Morning Cheetahs!

I’m tired today! But I guess that’s what happens when I get up before even the birdies! :+ I was sooo sore yesterday from KettleBell Extreme – in the weirdest places. I’m better today, but wow! I did get in BMax 2 Scrambled Eggs on the BOSU (pumped up my BOSU and suddenly it was “WOW! That’s tough!” But I did it.). And even got most of my chores done. Today is Kettlebells the Iron Core Way, and some kind of cardio. We’ll see what, perhaps a run. Yesterday went well, eating wise, except for the Girl Scout Cookie I ate. I have to support them, but I sooo don’t need the cookies.

Wendy – How was dinner? I made baked spaghetti for DD15 and her BF (otherwise known as the human garbage disposal – 16 yo boy – I guess they all are – on the bright side – not too many leftovers!) Good job with getting through ALL of Yoga X – that is quite the accomplishment! I think you should go for the 18 miler. You’ll regret it if you don’t.

Dallas - I’m so glad you enjoyed the concert! But, MAN! I’d be upset if I went to the restroom and missed Bon Jovi up close and personal! I’ve seen the cover on Amy’s KB workout, but nothing more. I guess Christi Taylor is the one producing it. I don’t know when it will be available.

Carole – Glad you were able to get your run in before the wind got bad again! Sounds like a nice day, actually – a nice run, breakfast with DH and then snuggling in to a warm house.

Cathy – Your trucking right along aren’t you? Good job at getting so much accomplished this past weekend! Ohhh, skiing this Thursday? That sounds FUN! Oh, go to Ann Taylor Loft – I HATE those billowy tops – you have to have no upperbody to wear those correctly. ATL has really cute nautical type clothes – blues, whites and yellows (and other colors of course).

THOMASINA – oh MY! How scary!!!!! I’m so happy both you and your doggies are safe! I would be fuming as well! If they do not pay for it, threaten to take your story to the local news stations – that’s absolutely ridiculous! {{{{HUGS}}}} I hope things start to go well for you!

Lorie – Great workout yesterday! Enjoy your day today! I’m a bit slow moving this morning, too!

Have a great day everyone! Quiet here in Cheetah Land!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..sorry about the mix-up with the iTrain workout. Glad you enjoyed it anyways. Sounds like you got a lot done on the school projects. That must feel good. Enjoy your Bosu conditioning workout. Hey..no divorce, this way you get ALL the popcorn!...:D

Wendy...I didn't do very badly at the breakfast as I didn't really like the food! I ate about 1/3 of the Ortega omelet and about 1/3 of the burnt on the outside and kinda yukky on the inside hash browns. I did like the wheat toast...:D. Enjoy your cardio and core/ab workout.

Lorie..good workout yesterday!

Christine...so we start clean eating today? I sure need it...I don't think we have many Girl Scouts in my neighborhood, thankfully! It ended up a very nice day yesterday despite the bad weather outside...:)

Posh...OMG..I cannot even imagine how scared you must have been! I certainly would have a few words with THAT mechanics boss! I am so glad to hear you and the dogs are alright. Unfortunately crap like this does happen, usually to other people...I do hope the rental goes smoothly and Good luck on your new job...:)

Today will be 4DS shoulders, freestyle legs, abs and 40 min on my EXT. I need to go get my Allergy meds for the year and I will have to change as they made Zyrtec over the counter which will be QUITE costly for me now, so I am changing back to Allegra as that is still prescribed, which will save about $300 a year.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

No time for personals today. Will try and catch up tomorrow. I started out with B&G and the chin ups/pull ups from P90X Legs & Back. Made it through about 30 minutes and felt a little nauseated. Decided to stop and finish up tomorrow. I felt good in the beginning. My HR could have been too high.

I got my granite choices down to about 8. I'll go again next weekend armed with a hardwood floor sample and a cabinet sample to get a better idea. I did pick out a nice stainless steel sink and the bathroom sinks.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Carole - YES - clean eating today. I'm lookinmg forward to it. I've hidden those blasted GS Cookies - so hopefully out-of-sight, out-of-mind! Isn't it nuts for the over-the-counter? I swear the drug companies want to do it as it's so much more money for them. DH's ClarinX is $35 on CoPay, but still cheaper than buying it OTC.

Well, I started working out and realized that I am still very sore today in my legs from Extreme KB, so I decided that working them further was not in my best interest. I ended up doing Yoga for Happiness Magically Hips as I figured that is what I really needed. I'll do today's workout tomorrow and really get a good one in!

Good morning ladies!

This will have to be a fly by for now. I have lunch with SO then a hair appt so I will be back later tonight with personals...although, I wanted to send {{{{HUGS}}}} and postive {{{VIBES}}} Posh's way!!!

I was happy to get that run in yesterday after work. I ended up doing a 3 mile run + stairs (hard to judge distance so I was guessing by time and calories burned). The indoor ring at work is mork like a colliseum with permanent bleacher seating on one side so I was like "DUH!!!! Why hadn't I thought of that one before?" It was a great little workout and my foot felt great this morning. In fact, it felt so good that I whipped out 4DS BC cardio for this morning...I soooooo missed that one! Then I followed that up with PH, doing the abs on the BOSU (YEOUCH!).

Okay, gotta splitski for now. See ya tonight!

Hey ladies,

today i am going to do p90x chest and back and a twenty min iclimb. since i got all screwed up i am going to do p90x this week and back to tt next week.

cathy- thanks!!!

wendy- i need to go back and read the 6 pack abs. i don't remember that at all. however i think some times it's hard to change our ways and keep in mind they are not saying to never work the small muscle groups. just depends on your goals. also when working the back and chest esp. using pull-ups, push-ups etc. you are already working your small muscle groups. i can tell you i already work myself (TT is the same philososphy) and the majority of my clients using these methods and they have made tremendous strength gains and lost quite a bit of of bodyfat at the same time. i have one client that i took from 38% bf to 19%.

christine- AOS providence is really good!! can't wait to try extreme KB!!

sorry no more time for personals. i am thinking about you all!

Happy workouts,

Sunny

I'm back to report my work out but then I'm off to grab food and collapse on the couch for a bit so that I'll have the energy to do Abs/Core+ in a couple of hours!

*wishing there was a yawning smiley on this site right about now...I'm too lazy to search other websites for one!LOL*

Here's what I did on the TM at the gym...

6.0 to 6.2 to 6.0 to 6.4 wash rinse and repeat

each speed was done for the length of one song on my ipod and then i would switch. I took a 1 minute walking break at about 30 min and at about 60 min.

My total run was 7 miles in 69:10!!!!!!:D }( :D }(

Me likey!...Can ya tell!? :p

BBIAB!:)

Jackie – Oh, I’ll bet your house is going to look gorgeous!! How exciting! Sounds like a good workout, but B&G gets me, too sometimes. Hope tomorrow is better for you!

Wendi – Great job on the run! And I’m happy you’re back to 4DS BC! That is fun!

Sunny – Yeah, you do OWN the crown for Queen Enabler! I just broke down and ordered AOS Providence because I enjoyed Extreme KB’s so much that I wanted another more challenging workout. How long did they take to ship? EKB is very fast paced and you can tell the guy is struggling. :p But, I cannot do squats with the KB over my head yet. My arm sags. So I do them in a “clean”. And they still got me.

Wendy – Enjoy your relaxing moment on the sofa! Great job on the TM! I’m cheering you on!!! Way to go!

It’s quiet here today as all my bosses are gone. I like that. I’m feeling pretty peaceful after my yoga this morning. I’ll take the doggies for a nice long walk over lunch. :p

Well I haven't made it to the couch yet but I'm still resting I guess. :p

Lorie: Can't wait to hear what kind of killer work out you chose for today!

Christine: One girlscout cookie isn't gonna do ya harm girl! If anything, it'll KEEP YA from doing harm by binging on bad stuff! Dinner last night was nice. I behaved at dinner but totally pigged out when it came time for dessert. I also drank 2 glasses of wine which doesn't help. x( I've had a mild headache since the ride home last night...I guess it's what ya call a sugar hang over perhaps? }(

Carole: Not liking the food is a great way to ensure portion control, huh? LOL Why would they make a drug accessible OTC if it's just gonna cost you more?? I guess that's exactly why...they are greedy! Like the pharmaceutical companies don't make ENOUGH money already!!!! UGH!x(

Jackie: Sorry you had trouble with your work out. Good idea to cut it short. Hope it goes better for ya tmrw. Good luck making those choices for you new home! I think I'd go bonkers trying to decide! LOL

Wendi: Great stair workout! I'd be afraid to do something like that. I'm a total klutz and would surely trip and fall and hurt myself. :p

Sunny: I will always question new ways of doing things if they are not what I am used to but I am not silly enough to think that I know more then the authors of NROL4W. By the same token, not every program works for every person. That being said, I will go into the NROL4W rotation with an open mind and see what happens. :) I will probably want to do the 18 mile race in October that I mentioned (or at the very least the same half I did last year) so I will have to work my training into my NROL4W rotation but I don't want to put the rotation off until the end of October either so I'm just gonna roll with it and see what happens. I am figuring on giving myself 2-4 weeks of endurance work post X+ and then I'll start NROL4W. That probably gives me a start date of about mid-late May. You game? }(

wendy- i think we are like that. check out www.jpfitness.com
lou posts on that site alot answering questions re: the programs. they also have a forum dedicated to NROL4W. loads of tips and alwyn gave one lady a way to fit in her half marathon training while doing the program. i am going to start in april so i will let you know my thoughts after the first month. Bring it!!

Sunny...Thanks for the website. I'll check it out! If you make me want to cut my X+ rotation short to join you, I'm gonna hafta throw something at ya!:p Glad to hear about the marathon training. Makes me feel better. :)

no time for personals just now as i am working on a presentation i have to give to a class of teachers who are getting their gifted teaching certification. i get to talk about psychological testing and the statistics that go with it...fun AND interesting (*not*).

just a quick workout report. i did bosu blast and finally made it through the whole abs section then i did gs c&t. tonight will be yoga. i think i am getting AF (crampy, cranky, put on about 7 pounds overnight...all that crap)! UGH!

Afternoon Cheetahs!

I just couldn't get back here y-day. After dd's game, I had to run out for groceries. A winter storm is supposed to hit again. It has already started snowing. :( I had Bible study this am. Boy, after hearing some stories from some of the ladies with teens, I'll be with this group a long time!! :eek: ;-) I started P90X this am w/the Classic rotation. Whewie!!!!}( I started w/Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X and e cises. I'm sure there's short names for these, so will have to learn the lingo. ;-) I figured if my neck gives me trouble I'll figure something out. I still have cardio to do. Once ds's preschool friends leave I'll get that out of the way before the kids get home.

Funny story: I was just feeding the boys lunch and the one boy chimed in that when he was three his mom was holding him by his crib (I thought this is going to be a nice story). He then proceeded to say because there was a ghost under his bed. He said then it went up his wall and had blue eyes. The eyes were moving. :7 The other two boys DID NOT find this story comical. I may have trouble getting ds to bed tonight. :( I kept saying it was probably a shadow. He kept insisting it was REALLY a ghost.

Lorie ~ Have fun with your training. ;-) Yeah, that doesn't sound all that fun.

Posh ~ What a mess! Glad you were ok though. ((((HUGS)))) Hang in there...you have a lot going on right now. Good luck with your new position. :)

Cathy ~ That IS weird about your nauseousness during your workout. There's so many weird viruses out there right now. Glad you feel better today! We were directly to the left of the stage. There was a walk way that lead to the stage from our seats. I couldn't believe the seats. That was so nice of our friends to think to ask us!! :) That stinks about your iBiClimb workout. :( Have fun w/your Bosu workout.

Carole ~ That's what I thought about freestyle and P90X. I figure out a way to add more legs though. I heard there's not a lot of leg work in P90X. Do you agree? Oh, that's sweet of you to say about JBJ!! Where's the blushing emoticon? ;-) Way to go on 7 miles y-day!

Wendy ~ The thing is I don't mind the long workouts....really, but gosh life gets in the way. ha ha!! Nice job on the run!

Christine ~ Tell me more about your DOMS w/KB Extreme!! }( So, you're really sticking to KB'ing for now (for your weight work?) Funny we haven't had any GS come around. We usually are bombarded.

Jackie ~ Hope that bug gets going!!! Good luck making the house choices. It was so hard for me.

Wendi ~ Nice workouts! Have fun with your SO. :)

Sunny ~ We did the same workout today. Well, I haven't done cardio, but plan on it. WOW! on the results you helped your client achieve!!! Want to train me?!!? ;-) I want to join you & Wendy on NROL4W too! I want to stick w/P90X since I finally got that started though.

Shelly ~ How was work? Hope it was uneventful.

Kristi ~ How's ds?

Hi Judy, Linda, & Lori!

The boys just left in the middle of my post, so time to get busy with some cardio. :) Phew! I though I lost my post because I was away from the computer so long. It timed me out.

Hi Girls.

Lorie: Great work out, as usual!:)

Dallas: Funny story about the ghost! I hope your little one sleeps for you tonight!:eek: I used to do Pilates but gave it up. Just didn't know where to fit it in anymore. OY! LOL

Sunny: I checked out the website you gave me and saw where the woman asked about marathon training but couldn't find Alwyn's actual answer!?! I saw where she posted again kind of explaining what he said but where the heck is his actual response??? What am I missing? LOL

Shortly after DS went down for his nap I tore through abs/core+. I had to hurry up and do it or it wasn't gonna happen. That run kicked my arse...but in a GOOD way, ofcourse!;)

I've decided not to follow the X+ recovery week as it's laid out. I'm going to add more yoga and take out a cardio so tmrw SHOULD be another cardio day but I've decided that it will be yoga instead. :)

That's all for now but I should be back later!:)

Quick post for me this afternoon. Can’t lollygag too much—lots to do.

Wendy :: I have no doubts I will love the first phase of iBiBC as much as I enjoyed the 2nd half. A good, tough workout any way you cut it. :)…great job with today’s run.

Lorie :: ^^^ 5's on getting through those abs…they are fierce!!…sorry about AF. Such a beeyatch.

Christine :: I haven’t been to the Loft in awhile...should check that out...Yeah, I’m off to Killington Thursday night for a long weekend. Can’t wait!

Carole :: love the way you think on the popcorn! :) Now if Helga had served you that omelet and hash browns, I’m sure you would have lapped it all up! ;)

Jackie :: sorry your workout was cut short today. Sounds like the kitchen is coming along nicely.

Wendi :: what a great idea to do the stairs at work…any word on the new prospect?

Sunny :: Oh yeah, you get the enabler crown—hands down!

Dallas :: I don’t think it was a virus b/c I felt fine later and the next day…I dunno what did it, really, but I’m glad it came and went! :7 I didn’t mind about iBiClimb…it worked out fine bc I wanted to finish up some things I was working on. Good luck getting them to bed tonight after the ghost story. Yikes!

Hi to everyone else dropping in. Enjoy your night!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Jackie...sorry about the nausea. I bet picking out the house stuff is fun.

Christine...I did get my Allergy meds switched back to Allegra, so I am happy about that. We pay $25 for a 90 day supply of most meds as we do it by mail. Yoga was probably good for those sore legs. My eating has been going well, a few rice chips but I am getting in the water I need to! Hope the doggies had a nice walk.

Wendi...good job with the run and stairs yesterday. Glad to hear your foot is better.

Sunny...enjoy P90X this week.

Wendy...GREAT run!! 7 miles in that time is awesome...:)..I think insurance companies just like to make you constantly jump through hoops!! For a 90 day supply of my allergy meds I was paying $25...when they went OTC it would have cost about $80 for 90 days.

Lorie...good job with Bosu blast. Sorry about AF!

Dallas...I hope your ds will forget the ghost story when he goes to bed tonight! P90X has one leg workout and it is mostly endurance style with light or no weights. I always added another Cathe leg workout during the week when I did P90X.

Cathy...now I will have Helga nightmares!! There were also 2 young 20 something (LOUD) kids behind us when we sat down to breakfast...I needed your STFU smiley. I was so happy when their food finally came!!!

I only had time for the 4DS shoulder workout this morning. I LOVE that workout and can't wait for the DOMS. I am off to do B&G standing, abs and 40 min on my EXT...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.