::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! :)

Had a decent run yesterday, though it was quite muggy in the AM. Ran with my new heel lift in. Felt a little weird. Guess I need to adjust to it some.

Today is my normally scheduled rest day. I'll be working late to make some progress on my classroom closing.

Need to go catch up on personals...BBS!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Well, I'm going to be very un-Cheetah-like and take a rest today even though it's a perfect morning for a run. I *am* overdue for a rest day and I'll be good about staying on track the rest of the week. Even though I slept about 10 hours last night I'm still not recharged 100% and everything still hurts a bit. So, I'll use all my extra time this morning to get some things done around the house and go grocery shopping.

Gloria - Sorry about all the rain. I would gladly take it off your hands for ya :p! Glad you got a nice run in yesterday.

Lorie - Great swim yesterday! Don't you just love when your workouts happen that way, thinking that you'll only do so much and then the endorphins kick in and you just keep going...love that feeling!

Christine - Woohooo on the new bike...NICE!!! My DSO is the biggest sweetie (and romantic) you'll ever meet. The fact that we found each other really is quite a miracle.

Kath - Oh, I see regarding the bio-siblings. I agree with ya...their loss. Glad you got to see your adopted dad last night. I hope you had a good night's sleep.

Cathy - Great run in the humidity. It was pretty icky yesterday...so much for the storms clearing everything out. Sorry about the lifts feeling a bit wonky. I'm sure you'll adjust in no time.

Let me get going on the house work. Figures, now that I'm awake I feel like doing *something* but I'll stick to the plan, at least for now ;). Maybe I'll do something tonight. I'm starting to take over Wendy's title of indecisive Cheetah LOL! Have a great day everyone!

Sunny :: excellent news on the scales! Trade ya for mine? ;) :7 IA with the others about the workout dilemma. Perhaps you need not do the same exact thing.

Ahhh Shelly :: you make me laugh. Only you could "take it easy" with a 8:45 5K pace, come home, and do another workout!!! :) Awesome that you have a workout room with such a view. I recognized the Walt in the background. Wave to me over on the left. :7 How was your Philly exploration? Are you near Dave & Buster's?

Wendi :: hope you got a good night's rest...*lol* about the expression "eating myself into oblivion." I've been with ya. Doing better, but consistency is the issue. Let myself get thrown off with too many BBQs, dinners out, etc. Enjoy your day today.

Gloria :: ohhhhh OK! A bonfire. I love those. I picked up a book about overachiever kids and their helicopter parents that I look forward to reading this summer. It's definitely a different nut to crack in my new district. Got that business face on this morning?

Kath :: great results you're seeing!...My run was good but it was indeed humid. I didn't think it was going to be.

Wendy :: Sorry you didn't enjoy the party. :(...nice to see good news on the scale.

Carole :: mmm, that sounded delish. I ate the leftover ravioli for lunch yesterday, too. Is seafood part of the vegetarianism? Nice run yesterday.

Dallas :: so sorry about your sinus infection...Mine hung around for 3+ weeks! My congestion finally went away this past week, but I still have a cough. Hope you feel better!...I know what you mean, I was shocked to hear about Russert. What a shame.

WT :: *lol* Yeah, it is funny to think of 6 milers that way. I would be more than happy to help with your dissertation, and I'm sure I can get some of my teacher friends to assist as well. Just say the word.

Christine :: sorry about yet another flat, but congrats on your new bike!

That catches me up, I believe. Have a great day!

ETA: Wendi :: hey, woman! Relax and take that rest day. They are healthy and necessary. Enjoy it. :)

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Monday morning--

Boy the weeknd's fly by don't they?

I'm thinking a 5miler this morning. Maybe longer }( And I need to work my shoulders as well.

Cathy: Great run even in the humidity. Do you run same path/trail/route or do you use different ones?

Wendi: Rest day and cleaning already :) Wanna come over and clean my house? :) Did you hear from your dad at all?

Gonna start a load of wash and grab a refill. I will be able to head out a bit earlier for my runs now that DD is in her final week of school. That may help me beat the humidity on some days.

I received news about BF who lost her husband in April. I was concerned because I didn't hear back from her. She was in the hospital having a biopsy done on a lump she found in her breast and then on top of that she had to have her thyroid removed. I so can't imagine her going through all this. When I think my world is tough--- Makes ya count your blessings :)

BTW I *heart* my washer :7

Good Morning Ladies –

Cathy – glad the run was good, if muggy! Enjoy your rest day! I’m having the same issues with trying to keep the ole diet on track. Too many dinners out, etc!

Wendi – Good idea to rest today. Your body needs it after the past few weeks! Enjoy your extra time! Thanks re: bike. I’d love to hear the story on how you and DSO found each other.

Oh Kath! Your poor BF! To lose a DH then have to deal with all of those scary health things on her own. Definitely, I’ll be counting my blessings today. Enjoy your washer! :p And enjoy your run.

Up with the birdies to catch a flight. I’m drinking my tea, hoping to wake up a little before I leave for the airport. :p Poor Jimmy knows something is up – he’s not been wanting to leave my side. He’s such a good boy. I get to Boston around 2:30, so I’m hoping to get something in this afternoon – it may just be a walk along the Charles River (where I’ll be thinking of Shelly looking out on the Delaware River!). Well, I guess I should get focusing on gathering my things! Have a great day all!!

Christine: Safe flight for you :) That's so cute your dog knows something is up. Aren't they smart things ? :) Will you be close enough to visit Shelly? Enjoy your day :)

Good morning cheetahs. I had a nice posting of personals going and then this "wonderful" computer of mine shut down for an automatic updatex( x( x( x( Well, hopefully I can catch up tonight. I'm off to work (finally!) in a bit. Today will just be an 8 hour orientation and testing day. I was up at 0500 and in the fitness room 15 minutes later... it was empty! Go figure;-) ;-)
Did iTread#12 and got in 4 miles in 36 minutes. The TM was pretty good!

Have a great day y'all!

Christine- Be safe!

ShellyC

Hi Friends-

The weekend is not conducive to posting for me, but I did catch a glimpse of this thread and the Alwyn one.

Kath- Hi there! Are you get in that run in early? I might venture back outside today. The decision will come after I drop DD off for her last day of classes. Today will stay in the70s but it could still be himid!

Carole- nice going on the 9 miles. I haven't run 9 miles in quite sometime. You are starting p90x+ next week? Great! Good going on the portion control with the chips and your main meal.

Shelly- You have a really nice view. I love to be near water. How is your kitty today ? And good luck on your first day back to nursing!

Cathy- I missed something. a heel lift? Did it help? I wear Super Feet inserts in all my exercise shoes. After having custom orthotics, I found Super Feet to be a great for my feet. And believe me I tried probably 10 different types of ready made inserts plus my custom ones.

Wendy- Glad you are at peace with the scale again. I started AF on Saturday, which explains why I wanted dessert every night last week! I however, did well over the weekend for a change.

Wendi- Good idea to have a rest day! Have a beautiful day with DSO

Lorie- I am a former swimmer and DD swam for 8 straight years intensely competitively. Also my brothers (5 of them) and one sis were competitive swimmers. I have no desire to use swimming as a workout. In your climate, I can see how it would be a great workout! I used to get out the the pool sweating just like after a run!

OK, time to go.

Hi to Dallas and Gloria and Jackie and Sunny !

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

hello loverlies! now that i have not been getting up early for work, i am finding it more and more difficult to get up in the mornings. after all the sun yesterday, i was so tired last night! i think i fell asleep before 9 pm!

wt-closing a classroom is NO FUN! our teachers usually have to pack up everything. what a pain! thanks for the offer to help me with my dissertation. you know i will be taking you up on that if i can ever get to the point where i am ready to do research!!! i am going to call my academic advisor today and ask about changing my mentor.

wendi-if you are overdue for a rest day, you should really take one. espcially with the way you workout (tough workouts) and the work you do (most people would consider riding horses all day a workout!). yeah, i absolutely love when i don't feel like working out and bargain with myself to do it, then find i do way more than i had planned. i think that's easy to do with swimming because it's so low impact and refreshing.

christine-a pool in your own backyard?! i'm jealous! growing up in miami, everyone had pools. i mean everyone! here in atlanta, it is very rare that someone has their own pool. i am lucky that my development has two olympic sized pools and three "regular" ones. have a safe flight!

kath-so sorry to hear about your bf. i am sure sh knows how lucky she is to have you to support her. one thing i have found about resilience and the ability to take on life's challenges is that we are a lot stronger than we think. we really can take on a lot. it is more about our attitude and how we choose to deal with the situations we are faced with as well as how we choose to view them.

shelly-don't you HATE when you lose a good post. i think somewhere in cyberspace a ton of my posts, reports, emails, etc. are flying around looking for a home. kinda like those socks in the dryer...re: the fitness room, when i lived in an apartment we had a pretty good fitness room. i was always there early and the same two people were there every morning. the odd new person would come in, but basically it was me and these two guys. funny how some people don't take adantage of things like that. good luck at work today!!!

judy-i am impressed that you were a swimmer! i see competitive swimmers and am amazed at how good and fluid they are. i can't even do that flip at the end of the lane (a friend has tried to teach me and i always end up getting water in my nose!)! i, in no way, consider myself a "swimmer." i know how to do the basics. my time for the mile swim is usually around 35-37 minutes. i have no idea if that's decent or not. i just enjoy doing something that is less stressful on my joints and so quiet.

i definitely need to do alwyn today as i took off from doing it saturday like i was supposed to and didn't get to it sunday, either. nbf will do it with me today, so that's good. i am really in the mood to start my day today with some yoga, so i am thinking a short date with eoin will be just the thing.

happy monday, all!!!

Good Morning Cheetahs.

I took a real rest day y'day finally and then went to my SIL's and ate a boat-load of cr@p! x( Dinner wasn't THAT bad but dessert absolutely did me in. UGH! x( I jumped on the scale this morning and it showed the error of my ways. I was supposed to do my measurements this morning as stage 1 of AB is done but after seeing what the scale said I am going to wait until the bloat subsides.

I don't have to work today so I will be taking DS out to do something fun. We haven't been to Barnes and Noble to play with their Thomas the Train set up lately and he actually asked if we could go so maybe we'll do that. Atleast it's air-conditioned!:p

Not sure what work out I will do today. It'll be resistance training/weights of some sort but the field is WIDE open! You know this cheetah...I'll be changing my mind ALLLL morning long!:7

BBIAB!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..glad you had a good run yesterday despite the mugginess. Enjoy your rset day and getting thins taken care of in your classroom. No, vegetarian means no meat, which wold include seafood as being NO, but I do stray a bit when DH catches salmon or bass as those were always my favorite.

Dallas..The veggie omelette sounded good! I am not sure I have had an omelette with only egg whites, might get some getting used to. It would be fun to do a P90X+ rotation with you...:)..So you can use the squat rack for abs/core or will you need the bar?

Wendi...wow, you were tired yesterday! Thank you too for the sweet compliment. I did have a great relationship with my Dad (sadly not quite the same with my Mom), he had a wonderful sense of humor and even the times I think about him and miss him, I can always remember the funny things about him...:). Hope you have a nice day with DSO today! Enjoy your rest day today.

Christine...WOW, nice bike! Thanks, I was happy about the run yesterday. Sounds like a lot of leftovers from brunch!! Glad you and the family had a good time. As you know, it is tough to loose a parent. I know it is inevitable, but sheesh, I don't have to like it! My Dad was a good guy and I have many great memories and those last a lifetime...:D...Great workout yesterday! I am not sure when I will have IntervalX+ in my rotation but I am looking forward to it. Have a safe flight, I am sure Jimmy will miss you.

Shelly...don't ya just LOVE those auto updates!! How nice you had the fitness room to yourself. Good 4 miler!

Judy..yes, I just got P90X+ last week and so far love the 2 workouts I tried. So I will start a rotation after this week of recovery. Thanks re my run, I hope to get into some more distance. The injuries do seem to be fading, and I know if I can loose 10 more lbs I will be doing lots better.

Lorie...I did swim in College but I really don't have access to any pool close. Maybe one of these days that will change or I would feel the desire to swim. It would be great as far as no impact!! Glad you had a nice swim and met someone. That is nice you will let her borrow your Eion. I seem to be waking up at about 4:45 AM no matter what these days, probably the heat! Enjoy yoga and your Alwyn workout with nbf.

Gloria...yes family can have it's drawbacks! Friends on the other hand are awesome...:)...I am in the same Mexican boat as you, LOVE the stuff! When I went vegetarian 4 years ago it seemed Mexican restaurant's here had the only vegetarian menu, how nice for me! Hope you don't need to give the "look" today...:)...sorry about all the rain, I can try and send you some heat!

Kath..wow, that sucks about your Bio siblings not wanting your Bio Dad to have any contact with you...{{{HUGS}}} back at you...Very sad news about your BF. Many times I realize I have NOTHING to complain about!

I am so glad it is recovery week! Today calls for yoga but I am going to sub in Pilates and also add some cardio, 30 min or so on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

oh!!! with the novel i wrote, you think i would have remembered to add about the yahoo group some of you have been asking about.

a while back, i started a yahoo group just for us cheetahs so that we could communicate outside of the forums (there are just some things that the world doesn't need to know, ya know?!). it's a "closed" group, so you must sign up to be a member. obviously, all cheetahs are welcome, but it's nice because no one else can see anything we post!

to sign up, just go to yahoo and click on "groups." do a search for "cathecheetahs." that should take you to the group. then, you just do whatever it says to become a member. once you are approved, you can send emails to the group, add your information to the database, post photos, etc. i think you need a yahoo email to sign up, but once approved, can switch to any email address you use. then, you just use the email address [email protected] to send emails to everyone in the group.

so, there you go! it's nice to have an additional place to post.

HI again for a minute. I have to share that I ran outside for the first time since April 26th according to my Garmin. I did 5 hilly miles in 47:02. I was beginning to think I'd lost the knack for outdoor hilly running, but now I feel better. I'm off for a bit of housework and then NROL4W 3A.

Kath- I am sorry about your bio siblings' opinions.

Lorie- yoga sounds lovely today!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Here is my chose method of torture which will be done this afternoon. I hope I survive it!}(

Part 1: 1 mile run at warm up pace. (I don't have a TM at home nor can I go outside so I will do 15 minutes of some sort of moderate steady state cardio as a substitute for this.)

Part 2: Repeat 3 times (move from exercise to exercise):

5 regular pull ups
20 push ups
30 crunches
5 wide pull ups
10 dips
20 (4 count) flutterkicks
5 reverse grip pullups
10 diamond push ups
5 dive bombers
max pullups any grip
max push ups 30 seconds
10 supermans
rest 90 seconds

I don't know if I can do this sequence 3x in a row considering you only get to rest after you complete a full round but I will do what I can!

Part 3: 2 mile run at training pace. (I will do 20 mins of steady state cardio here that is more intense then warm up)

I'll be back for personals after our visit with Thomas!:7

BFN!

Morning Cheetahs!

I went to the urgent care y-day and happy to say that the z-pack along w/zyrtec worked wonderfully. I even felt up for a movie with the family. We saw the Indiana Jones movie. :) Funny the doc looked into my throat and said, "Ewwww!" I'm not kidding. I thought he was going to say strep. Thank goodness it's only a sinus infection. Now I know why Sat's run was hard. Probably shouldn't have gone. :eek:

Today, I did 5 miles on the treadmill, GS-push ups, GS-C&T superset premix and a stretch. I still have abs to do, but had to get the kids ready and to soccer camp. They signed up last night w/DH. :eek: I was happy taking a soccer break. Oh well, they were having fun. I stayed to watch a little. I wanted to make sure DS5 would be ok. He looked so cute with his long shorts and socks that went up to his ears.:+ Didn't need any sunscreen on his legs! :7 :+

Wendy ~ Have fun w/Thomas. :) We're giving our Thomas table to my bil. :( Nice workout plan!

Judy ~ WTG on the outdoor run!! You've been working it hard, of course you still "have" it! }(

Carole ~ I had the huge bar that came with the squat rack. I could use it, of course, with a chair for P90X. However, DH got rid of it on me.:( He was going to replace it with something else, but haven't gotten around to it. I was waiting for Cathe's pull up bar. I'll figure something out. I wonder if that door gadget ruins the door jam??? enjoy your recovery week!:)

Lorie ~ Enjoy your date w/Eoinn. ;-) Yeah, my kids laugh at me, but ya know what, I don't care re: swimming. ;-) Nice job on the swim. :)Sounds like you had a nice & relaxing day.

Shelly ~ Don't cha hate when that happens!x( Nice run. Good luck on your first day. :)

Christine ~ Have a safe flight. Although, you're probably already in the air. That's got to be a long flight, huh? See my post to Carole ^^^ re: the pull up bar. lol'd about the serving sizes at restaurants....it's crazy isn't it?!?!? WTG on the new bike!!! You were due! Enjoy. :)

Kath ~ I didn't know you were adopted. I was too. I have met my biological family. Whew...what a wild ride. ;-) Have fun on your 5 miler.

Cathy ~ I would probably chop my head off if it hung around for 3 weeks!!!! :+ :p You poor thing!! :( Nothing like some good ol' sinus pressure. Funny, I didn't really feel it until after Sat's run. Did you see Luke Russert on the Today show this AM? ;( Although, he did quite well...I could never hold it together like he did.

Wendi ~ Sounds like a rest day is a good idea. Don't know how you got on those horses!! :eek: I know, I have an egg white omelette or hard boiled egg whites daily. Enjoy that rest day.:)

Gloria ~ IA if you're running near traffic, probably not a good idea to have the iPod on too. We've been running on paths. Although, those cyclists are crazy...sorry Christine (you know I'm just kidding)! :+

Ok, that catches me up for now. Off for some groceries before I pick up the kids.

Have a great day!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Glad you had a good run yesterday. Enjoy your rest day! Just a few days left now. I can feel your anticipation. :)

Wendi - Enjoy your rest day too. 10 hours of sleep?? I wonder what that feels like. Could do that in my younger days. I'll be lucky now to squeak out 7.

Kath - So sorry about your BF. Will send a prayer up for her. Yes, lots to be thankful for. Glad you love that new washer.

Christine - Poor Jimmy is going to miss his mo. Have a safe and fun trip! A walk along the Charles sounds good.

Shelly - Good luck with the new job! The fitness room sounds divine. Nice having it all to yourself. Great race and time! That's what you call taking it easy, huh?

Lorie - I guess it's harder to get up early when you don't have to. Did you make that date with Eionn?

Wendy - Sorry the scale didn't agree with you this morning. It will probably be gone in a couple of days. Enjoy your day with Joey. You do have some torture planned for the afternoon. Hope you enjoy it. Great job on your race time too! Hate those hills at the end.

Carole - Love egg white omelets. By the time I add all the other ingredients, I don't miss the yolk. Enjoy your pilates and EXT workout.

Judy - Great job on the hilly 5 miles! Think NROLW is making you stronger?

Dallas - Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Glad you're better. Good workout too! I have cherry hardwood floors over a concrete slab in my workout room. I wanted floating floors but the installer told me it couldn't be done because the boards had to be glued down. I use a mat when I do my workouts.

Had a busy weekend but managed to get in Kenpo+ Saturday. DBF walks into the room and becomes intrigued by it. So, I left the workout for him. If he likes it, maybe I can get him interested in more P90X workouts. Think seeing the two men got his attention. Yesterday was a rest day and today was Upper+ and 6 Minute Abs.

It's Monday again. Have to get back at it.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Good Afternoon Peeps.

Well, I laid down for a cat nap that turned out to be almost an hour long!:eek: I am chugging some coffee before working out. I decided not to do the work out I posted earlier cause I want something that involves the lower body as well. I found this on the same site:

25 squats, 25 push ups, 25 crunches, max pull ups, rest 30 seconds
20 squats, 20 push ups, 20 crunches, max pull ups, rest 30 seconds
15 squats, 15 push ups, 15 crunches, max pull ups, rest 30 seconds
10 squats, 10 push ups, 10 crunches, max pull ups, rest 30 seconds
(wash, rinse and repeat)

So I will either do the above or the KB your Way work out in a few minutes.

There are lots of killer, cool work outs on this site! OMG, it's sick! LOL There is one that is set up like a game where you use a deck of cards and have to do a certain exercise for a certain number of reps depending upon what card you get and the goal is to get through the entire deck in one work out!:eek: }( :eek: Anyone up for the challenge!? }( }( }( Only downfall is that the work outs are primarily upper body focused. They also all pretty much include some cardio (mostly in the form of running) which I actually left out of the above. I will just do a regular warm up if I do this due to time constraints.

Okay, coffee is almost gone...gotta get busy!

BBL!:)

My work out is done.

I did the work out I posted above but did not do 2 complete rounds. I did one full round and then the 2nd set of 25 reps of each exercise. With a 5 minute warm up and cool down that took about 40 minutes to do.

Just incase anyone is interested in trying these, please note that the last rest period before you repeat is 90 seconds long. I wrote 30 by mistake.

Anyway, it was an arse-kicker for sure! Here are some things I did to make the work out more challenging/interesting:

I did all squats with the bell and made 'em sumo squats.
I did 25 standard push ups, 20 wide fly, 15 tricep on knees and 10 dive bombers.
I did all crunches on the bosu. 25 and 20 were standard and 15 (made it 16 to be even) and 10 were alternating oblique.
I did reverse grip chin ups, close grip over hand pull ups, wide grip pull ups and neutral postion pull up (palms face each other)

I am fried. Can't imagine how I'd feel if I had the time to get through the entire work out!:eek: Speaking of which, I think I am going to have to do this again when I can do it ALL!}(

BBIAB!:)

Well, I usually never watch golf, but DH had the US Open on yesterday and Tiger and Rocco tied. So they played another 18 today..tied again!! Tiger ended up beating Rocco for the US Open Championship in the 1st hole of sudden death. I have to say quite exciting!!

Judy...awesome run!!

Dallas...glad the trip to urgent care worked out and got you feeling better. LOL about the Doc going eeeeewwwww! Good workout today so you must be feeling good. Your ds's soccer uniform sounds way cute...:)...Well darn about DH getting rid of that huge bar...me thinks he should for sure replace it ASAP!!!

Jackie..I think I must like yolks! I did KenpoX+ Sat too and loved it. That would be cool if DBF would do some P90X workouts too. I try now and then with my DH. Good job with Upper+ and 6 min abs.

Had a good workout, used a Winsor Pilates workout with the ring. Easy, but just what I needed this morning before weed pulling! I might even do some of Amy's ITR later...:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.